Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• dbcafyqx4dbcafyqx4 Member Posts: 7
    Got my Pacifica in July. Silver, chrome wheels, DVD, NAV.... (everything but the uconnect).

Love the car!!

I have 2 kids and needed to 3rd row to separate them while we're in the car. The fact that I can sit 6 people in comfort and the kids are having a good time in the backseat - this is worth the money!

Great ride! Handles well! Need some quick pickup - just use the power shifter.

Putting in a Hemi will probably be a good idea - but will definitely jack the price up.

Dave
  • secgensecgen Member Posts: 4
    Bought my Pacifica three months ago. Fully loaded. My expereince so far from onlookers.

1. At a stop light: a guy rolled down his windows and asks me about the car. I told it was fantastic. His comments were " the Pacifica looks sharp. Chrylser did a great job with that car"

2. A few times at various parking lots: People will peak inside the care, walk around it, and look at it from afar. They come up and say if it is my car. I basically show them the car from outside and inside. They were very impressed.

3. Not too many Pacificas roaming around our area: Saw a person with a blue pacifica brand new and she waved at me with a huge smile. I wave back...

This is the first year for the Pacificas. I think it's going to take off in the next two years or so. It takes time for people to notice something great. I bought a first model van back in 1997. I did not see any on the road until two years later and now I see the van everywhere.
  • kiana1kiana1 Member Posts: 3
    I love my Pacifica. I am a previous Jeep and MDX owner. The dealer took my MDX as a trade eventhough I was 5K upside down on my lease. Good deal overall. Love the ride. However, I thought my car came equiped with the seat heater, but it didn't. In addition, I thought it had the rear bumper plastic protector and it didn't. Small stuff, but wish I had the accessories that are missing. Love the ride more than the MDX with more bells and wistles like DVD and Nav.
  • ramzey28ramzey28 Member Posts: 130
    You can get those great accessories on ebay, dealer, or try

http://store.yahoo.com/wyckoff-chrysler-parts/noname37.html

I think the scuff pad is worth it, and the mud guards seem like a good deal but I hear you have to take the tires off to put the guards on.
  • parrothead3300parrothead3300 Member Posts: 7
    Bought my new FWD "R" Package Pacifica on 2/28. It's black w/ taupe interior; chrome wheels and chrome exhaust tip. Best sound system; 6 disc CD changer and best speakers. Now have 2600 miles on it. Getting 21-21.5 mpg, mainly highway miles. Have most everything except Nav System, DVD Screen, and laminated side glass. Otherwise, we have it. Very quiet, very smooth, extremely comfortable. I'm crazy about the car. Comments from others in gas stations, at stop lights, wherever, have been very positive. Talking on the cell phone is a whole new experience with the quietness in the cabin. I'm totally loving the new Pacifica!!
    Bought my FWD Pacifica off the lot - had the U-connect system on it. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with any Verizon phones. I have a long term Verizon contract, so can't use for 20 months unless Verizon comes out with a phone that will support Blue Tooth Technology. If you have a satisfactory wireless carrier and you don't want to change, perhaps you should confirm that your wireless provider has Blue Tooth Technology phones available.
    I've had my new Pacifica for two weeks now. If I could give Daimler-Chrysler my "wish list" for things to consider on future models, this would be it:

• With the Heated Seats Package (?) – include a 10-way front PASSENGER seat w/ memory. Even at a higher price for the package, you’d sell the fool out of these. On a longer trip, my wife will drive part of the time and I'd like the lumbar support when I'm riding shotgun - she would, too!

• On Trip Computer – offer the additional functions “Instant Miles per Gallon” and “Elapsed Time” that my 2000 Concorde LXi trip computer had on it. This could be accomplished very easily with minimal, if any, build cost increase.

• Offer a Cell Phone Holder as a dealer installed accessory. With after market holders, you either have to deface the vehicle OR use a holder that obstructs the flow of air from the dashboard vents. A dealer accessory could eliminate all of these poor options.

• Entry Keypad on outside driver door – a feature that Ford has used extensively and which I really, really like. It takes the fear out of losing your keys or locking them inside the vehicle. A spare key in the glovebox could be accessed via the keypad in the event of key loss.

• Radio – include a “MUTE” button to turn off sound when a cell phone call comes in

• 2nd Row Seating – You are missing a LOT of potential sales to younger families by not offering a 40/20/40 split bench option for the second row seating. While this option might cut into your mini-van sales, I think you’re missing the boat by not offering as a factory option. Both Volvo and Ford are offering; could the Freestyle perhaps hurt your sales if you don’t reconsider?
  • steelydan0613steelydan0613 Member Posts: 144
    Exactly why did you buy the Pacifica in the first place? I was just wondering................
  • peytonpeyton Member Posts: 5
    I went into the Chrysler dealership six months ago to replace my Jeep Grand Cherokee with another Jeep. After finding the color I liked we were on our way into the office to do the paper work when I saw the Chrysler Pacifica on the show room floor. I said "What is that??" My husband said "don't look, don't look"!! It was love at first site!!!. They had to remove the doors to get the Pacifica outside for me to drive. And I've been driving it for 6 months and don't miss the Jeep at all. It is the best designed, very quiet driving, most affordable luxury car I've ever seen. I have all I want on it, but am thinking about getting the Navigation System. I travel a lot by myself and think it might come in handy. Anyone out there who knows about the Navigation System--please answer. Thank you,
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    isn't it too late to get the navigation? I mean I don't think you could easily (and inexpensively) retrofit the nav into your current Pacifica.
  • peytonpeyton Member Posts: 5
    Yes, I could still have it put in for about $1300. I just don't know if it would be worth the price. I travel alone alot and it is hard to read a map and drive at the same time.
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    doesn't sound as bad as $2,000+...
  • tfudertfuder Member Posts: 36
    We were in the market for a Honda Pilot, and decided we just couldn't plunk down $30K for a new car right now. Just when I'd given up hope of getting a good vehicle, I bought a Midnight Blue Pacifica - but there's a story behind it...

I found a New, 2004 Pacifica in Michigan with 326 miles on it. However, it'd been dinged in the passenger's front (broke the headlight, bumper, and fender). Turns out, someone got into a fender-bender WHILE TEST DRIVING the car! Since the car dealership realized they couldn't sell it as a "new" car anymore, they explained it to the insurance company, which totalled it, and sold it for salvage.

This car still had the window sticker in the window ("R" package with the MSRP of $31,230). It still had the tab on the glove box ("Your manuals are in here!").

The price? $12,600.00 I have to get it fixed, but the parts actually aren't that bad (except the healight assembly), and I've got friends who do body work. I figure, after it's all fixed and painted, I'll have about $16K or $17K in it.

I'm so excited I can't sleep - I test drove one at the local dealership (it had 343 miles on it...haha), and just loved it. It's technically going to be my wife's car, but I can see us taking LOTS of road trips in it (since she likes for me to drive when we're together, and being a control freak, so do I...LOL).

I'll keep you posted on how it turns out when I get it out of the shop!
    No warranty???? How will that work?
    ...to the warranty. Since the car has a "salvage" title (or if it ever had one, if I can get this one converted to "clear"), the car isn't covered under the warranty... Sigh. It's probably the only really bad pard of the whole deal.

However, if it weren't for the deal, I'd be buying a 3 year old Yukon or something. We wouldn't be as happy (we're big Dodge/Chrysler fans - our last 4 cars have been either Dodge or Chrysler).

Movin' on up, any way we can!

'88 Lebaron Convertible
    '94 Ram 1500 Pickup
    '97 Intrepid
    '04 Pacifica

Notice any trends? haha. And we still drive two of those (and sold the Lebaron in January of this year). We didn't buy any of them New (well, technically the Pac is new), and some of them had full lives before we got them (the Lebaron had 104K when I bought it, the pickup had 95K). The truck's now got 150K, and is just getting broke in, but the Intrepid isn't aging well. It's got 120K on it and, while we love it to death, it's just not taking age gracefully, so I bought the Pac to replace it.

I expect to drive it into the ground, too :) Look for my comments on these boards for a looooooong time. I don't usually get rid of a car until it's well over 100K miles. I do try to keep them in good shape. We'll see how well the Pac ages!
  • monark49monark49 Member Posts: 58
    good to hear your comments on chrysler products. I too have had better luck with the last 5 chrysler / dodge cars and suv's than any of the other brands that i owned. the warranty does,nt mean too much if its just oil changes anyway. thats easy enough at home.
    To be honest, I've owned two brand-spankin' new cars (not counting the Pacifica):

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe (7 mi on the odo)
    1994 Ford Ranger SB Pickup (14 mi on the odo)

Never had any (not one single) problem with either of them ... you guessed it ... "during the warranty period." All of my problems occurred after it expired. Did I mention how long I drive a car? haha - anyway, I don't expect any "warranty-covered" parts or labor to set me back the $15K - $18K I've saved by purchasing this way (at least, I hope not!)

Todd
  • cluelesspacluelesspa Member Posts: 648
    ohh not good with no warranty... looks at the problems section of this board for all the recall and the other issue (depends on when the Pac was built) if its a later one, it may have the fixes that are covered under warranty.

do you still get the loaner car for service repairs?
    I'm supposed to get the loaner - there's no provision for whether the service repairs are covered under warranty or not, just that they are scheduled repairs.

As for the recalls, Chrysler will have to fix those on their dime, anyway, because they are recalls. TSBs, on the other hand, will probably be out of my pocket. But at least I've got a list of things to look out for.

Mine needs 2 recall fixes done to it (the fuel line clip and the computer reprogramming). I'll take it in to them shortly after getting it patched up and let them fix those things.

I did read the entire pacifica town hall message board suite (took a while - something like a week, reading 10 pages a night). I've taken notes of what people have experienced, what they've not experienced, the problems, pseudo-problems, and false-alarms. I've kept a notebook of the stuff I need to watch out for, and will go over the car with a fine-toothed comb soon.

Car is supposed to be here no later than Friday. We'll know soon enough!
    did your Pac have the FACTORY installed UCONNECT or the DEALER installed (the Factory one has the buttons in the mirror) ... I have the dealer installed as the Factory one was delayed for quite a while in the beginning.

love the Uconnect - auto dims the radio volume when a call comes in, can voice dial by name OR just say the numbers and it calls it ...

plus dont need a cell phone holder as the blue tooth reaches the phone no matter where it is (glove box or on my belt cell phone holder) ...
  • trarontraron Member Posts: 29
    Cluelesspa,
    Does your U-connect display the caller ID on the radio display? I have the factory U-connect (mirror) in mine and it does not. I hear it should.
    nope that was one of the nice things that I read in the manual about the factory installed one... I guess that must have been the problem releasing it and maybe they disabled that option.

The factory one uses (I assume) all of the speakers for the playback, mine has a speaker installed under the driver side dash.. which is not as nice or does your have a separate speaker for the UConnect
  • trarontraron Member Posts: 29
    Mine uses the vehicle audio system, which is great. I am not happy about the caller ID not showing up on the radio display.
  • pacifica2005pacifica2005 Member Posts: 7
    after ordering my new Chrysler about four weeks ago I was surprised to hear that it had arrived it was not due in till the end of June. I bought the car from Cross town motors Littleton NH.. and can not say enough about how well I was treated and after going to a number of other dealers got a very good deal from them,also found two incentives from Chrysler that I didn't existed,one for police and fire fighters. So about to start on vacation we made the trip to the dealer to view the new car dubbed The Atlantica being on the east coast, dark blue and fairly well decked out was in suburb condition despite just being taken off the truck and not prep ed. I could not find a single problem,everything was perfect,unlike my 2002 brand x suv which has had 15 recalls,so now it has to wait till I get back from Florida till I pick it up.
    what kind of deal did you get, what package?
    I had gone to over 15 dealers both Chrysler and non Chrysler. The Paifica I ordered is a 2005 Pacfica touring model I ordered the U group package sun roof chrome wheels almost everything except the navigation package and the DVD player. The car is dark blue with dark gary interior. I was able to get the price down to the mid 28,ooo, but I opted to lease instead,39 months @314.00 with 2000 down. No hidden fees or any other tricks. Full tank of gas free 6000 mile service and some other little freebies thrown in. Are there better deals out there? Yes espically at Ford,but for Chrysler's this was fairly good. The highest price that I got was from a dealer that I had bought 6 cars from over the years same car 445 a month. Hope this is of some help
  • shaker58shaker58 Member Posts: 130
    314 does that include taxes bank fee security???
    here's my deal

Since I live in ny I can only do a balloon payment since chrysler doesn't lease in NY. Only downside is have to pay all tax on car value.
    38 months no $$ out of pocket 485.00 38 months
    2005 touring fully loaded
    39895 msrp
    36280 cap
    4200 rolled in payment 3200 taxes and 995down
    2000 rebate used as downpayment
    2.75% mf
    54% resid
    The payment includes everything all fees except the state registration fee New Hampshire has no sales tax, The same car in Mass. 5% sales tax and all fees included was 342 for 39 months all fees included. There are over 7500 dollars in incentives out there that I got . There was no security deposit and at the end of the lease there is a 250 dollar disposition fee. The best deal I found on any car was at Mercury 2004 mountainer 36000 msrp 2000 down 280 for 36 months all fees included. Check other dealers
    ,many are hurting in this area and really want to move cars.
  • luckylot1999luckylot1999 Member Posts: 1
    I've never liked driving large vehicles and since my husband (who normally drove an SUV) just got a new company car, a sedan, I needed a vehicle that would allow us to lug our 120 pound rottweiler around with us. I wasn't thrilled with this news, but dutifully begand looking at wagons and SUVs, neither of which fit my personality or driving style. Then I laid eyes on one of these beauties! It was love at first sight....and then I drove it! Suddenly, I was thrilled with our new agreement, that I would drive the "family" car, even though we don't have children yet. Every time my husband and I go out together, he asks me, "Are you driving....can I?" We both love it!

After just three days of ownership, we took it on a 500 mile trip. It averaged about 21-23 miles per gallon. This is more than I am used to with my Mitsubishi Galant, GTZ, but certainly better than my husband's old Dodge Durango. We got a great deal on our Pacifica. The dealer had a couple of 2004 models in stock that were turned in by executives who drove the cars for 6-7 months (in brand new condition). Ours is the FWD model, because we didn't think we needed all the extras, however, I didn't want to be without the leather and moonroof that I was accustomed to having, so the dealer threw in aftermarket, custom leather and a power moonroof, both of which are actually better than the manufacturer's quality! And we only paid $23,450! Not bad for a $30,000+ car! And what a ride...this baby is smooth, it feels like a million dollar luxury vehicle. I'm thrilled with my new car and look forward to keeping and eye on this forum regularly.
  • sliverpacsliverpac Member Posts: 2
    I took delivery of a used 2004 Pacifica AWD, Silver with a slate interior last Tuesday, so far so good. I was admiring the Pacifica from the auto show circuit to production and finally bought one.

It appears to be "loaded" I have the cd/dvd changer and I think I have the Infinity Intermezzo 5.1 stereo w/ eight speakers, but am not sure. Where is the equalizer and where is the sub woofer located? The sound is decent regardless of what system I have but my curiosity is peaked. The owner's manual describes two radio systems and I have the second one with the PTY feature.
  • krisgilkrisgil Member Posts: 7
    We took delivery of our new Inferno Red AWD Pacifica with Slate interior on July 24, and we could not be happier. The vehicle has everything but the Nav system, DVD player and heated seats. We have a few minor problems (memory seats not working with key fob, and the compass-I cannot change the variance!) I will also have the radio checked as the reception is not very good as many have described. Overall, I'm in love with this car. It is so roomy and comfortable. I can lug my kids around without looking like the mini-van Mom!.
  • adniladnil Member Posts: 8
    I'm picking up my 2004 Inferno Red Pacifica 3rd thing this morning (1. drop off 3yr old ,2. go to bank for c/c check, 3. OH YEAH!)
    I've had 3 mini vans and I'm looking for something that doesn't scream Mom Mobile or at least says FUN Mom Mobile.
    I'll post w/ my comments after a few days, but initial reaction after an extended test drive is Perfect!!

Linda
  • chenghchengh Member Posts: 9
    My name is Cheng and am living in Menlo Park, CA with my wife. Got our Silver full loaded Pacifica last Saturday. I love this car! We feel so safe and confident to drive it anywhere: The City, Lake Tahoe, Yellowstone. Yeah!!!
  • 300mguy1300mguy1 Member Posts: 6
    Guess I need to change my screen name -- some idiot ran a red light and hit my wife (no injuries, thankfully) -- he was doing about 40 -- hit the drivers front wheet. Bent the A-frame, motor mount and FIREWALL, as well as toasting the front drive axles. Got an '06 Pacifica Limited - silver, loaded, no Nav... what a great vehicle. Glad its got a 5-star front crash rating, based on my wifes experiences.. Name is Brad Carroll and we live in St Joseph, MI...
  • 300mguy1300mguy1 Member Posts: 6
    Should be an '05 Pacifica
    I am a Chrysler Pacifica Owner who has had 12,000 trouble free miles with my '04 FWD Pacifica , 26R Package and leather interior. The final negiotiated price was $25,700, and nothing else. This is one nice car for $25,700, I felt that this was a good deal, because I had grown to actually LIKE the Pacifica , as the dealer smartly let me "test drive " a similar example for two days and 240 miles. That sold me on the Pacifica. It is a serene automibile, so quiet and composed, that it may be Detroit's answer to a day spa. Seriously, I actually look forward to long excursions , as my whole family is relaxed and "cool" when we arrive at our destination. This is the quintessential road vehicle for under$30,000 , no questions asked. If you doubt that, just contact me. I am a former Honda Accord owner , and I have more smiles carrying my growing family in my Pacifica, than anything else for $25,700. The car is reliable, believe me. I did not get the following options: DVD navigation, All wheel drive (not necessary nor recommended in Houston, Texas). You will like this car.........Have faith in Daimler/Chrysler, G. Brooks Davis, DDS. You go Daimler/Chrysler.................
  • noulletnoullet Member Posts: 9
    That's a very good price. Did you get the sunroof and the chrome wheels for that price?? Even if you did not, that's still a very good price indeed.

Regards,
    jack
  • pscdocpscdoc Member Posts: 93
    Hi everyone, I recently purchased a new '05 Pacifica Limited in Brilliant Silver fully loaded except for the HID and Uconnect(uconnect is on order from dealer). Its been about a month now and I can't be happier with this vehicle.
  • likwidfluxlikwidflux Member Posts: 4
    Howdy All,

I just drove home a slightly used 2005 Pacifica Touring yesterday. The Pac was a Chrysler Rep vehicle so it is in very good condition.

The dealership had a white Pac Touring and a blue Pac AWD, I ended up getting the white with a little reserves in my mind, I've never really been fond of white vehicles, but this grew on me quick.

I LOVE this vehicle, I went from a 2001 Grand Am SE to this and I don't think I will ever look back.

Matt
  • rodutrodut Member Posts: 343
    White is beautiful ! I got the red because in Canada anything is white during the winter, so I thought that white wouldn't be too visible in the snowy ditch !
    No sunroof and no chrome wheels, just the regular alloys........
  • amyb2amyb2 Member Posts: 11
    Hi,
    I am the proud owner of a 2004 Midnight Blue Pacifica. My car has not had any of the problems that are talked about with the '04 models maybe because it was manufactured in 3/04. I love driving it, I moved over from an Accord V6 to a Pacifica that seats 6. It fits my family of 4 so nicely and has room to spare. This car cruises so nicely and I really think I made a wise investment.
  • rodutrodut Member Posts: 343
    Lots of people moved from Honda to Pacifica. Me I kept my Accord and was thinking to buy a 2nd Honda, but following recent service experiences, I let know my Honda dealer that I would buy my 2nd car from Chrysler.

It was a pleasure to see the dealership boss face when I went to pick up my wife from the Honda dealership in my Pacifica. I hope they will finally fix the Accord. I waived at him and smiled ...
  • pacman1pacman1 Member Posts: 1
    HI all:
    Picked up our new (to us) 2004 Pac on March 28th - Magnesium(Forest green)/slate leather interior. Only had 2200 mi's - owner traded it back in for a new 300. First "SUV like" vehicle I've owned - so driving it takes a little getting used to, but handles just fine. For a family of 5, it's definitely a great vehicle for the money. Love the safety ratings and the kids love having their own seat. The Flaherty's from Philadelphia
  • nuruc7nuruc7 Member Posts: 98
    I just picked up my 2005 used PAC silver, with moonroof, leather, with 3/36k and 8/80k, certified. Dealer ask me to come in and handle the TSBs regarding the clunking sound at low speed turning and the water on the drivers side. I also presented them with the March recall notice on th PAC headlights, So I hope to get all fixed, next week. I am going to order the factory foglights and install my self.
  • wing103wing103 Member Posts: 14
    My name is Wing Ngan and i will be a 2005 AWD Pacifica Owner tomorrow. Just talk to the sales on Saturday, make the deal is a AWD U package and touring package final price is $30000 with 0 % finance. How you think is it a good deal?
    I live in MA Boston. I trade in my 5 years old Ford Explorer. I love the Pacifica a lot, since they come out the market, I wish i can get it soon and enjoy the ride, a little upset because the dealer cannot find me a HID headlight and NAV system. By the way I use my Pocket PC for the GPS. so save me $1700 also i get a after market HID for only 320.00.
    Happy to join this Pacifica family.
    I wish we can share our experience about the Pacifica.
    :):):)
  • bjbird2bjbird2 Member Posts: 647
    Wing, run the numbers on Edmunds in New Cars to see if you got a good deal. You can see what the average purchase price for a Pac like yours is. Make sure you add all the options.
    You can also see if you got a fair price for the Explorer by running the numbers in Used Cars.
This discussion has been closed.