Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• foxgofoxgo Member Posts: 27
    I am not a fan of the free dealer advertising either! I see lots of cars on the road with the dealer's name on the back of the spare tire cover, etc. I would not buy a car unless the dealer tells me up front that their wheel covers do NOT have the advertising!

I once had a Camry, and after picking it up from service I discovered that the service dep't had put the dealership's license plate cover on my car!

I was just at a dealership over the weekend, and they told me that in NYS police are handing out tickets to cars with license plate covers, because it covers up the "Empire State" logo on the plate. That is ridiculous, but you can't fight the governor on that one! The dealership took a loss, because they had just received a large order of license plate covers that they cannot install on their new cars as a result!
  • b25nutb25nut Member Posts: 202
    Maxmom: I discarded the plastic holder and just put the license plate on by itself, which I feel looks great. With the two screws really tight, the bottom of the plate is held snugly against the two rubber bumpers on the liftgate so that I don't have any clanging noise. I haven't taken the time yet, but I want to find replacements for the two sheet metal screws that will have a little more class.
  • maxmommaxmom Member Posts: 62
    You've answered my question! My liftgate doesn't have rubber bumpers for the bottom two corners. I thought something must be missing for there to be no support for the bottom of the plate.

Thanks so much for your reply.
  • ms_mayorms_mayor Member Posts: 113
    I noticed that the pictures you posted within this thread you have the splashguards installed. Are these the 'official' Mopar guards?

I called the service dept. of the dealer where I got my Pacifica, and they don't stock them; told me I'd have to order them (I was a bit surprised that he didn't have even one pair in stock...he didn't even know the part numbers; I had to feed them to him from another dealer's website). They only come in two colors: black and grey, but he said they're paintable. That makes me a little nervous because I'm picturing the paint chipping off over time and the guards looking bad. I'm wondering if it would look okay to just get the black ones to 'blend' in with the tires (my Pacifica is Lt. Almond, and the lower trim looks to be a dark tan/brown color). Then again, it looks like you painted yours to match the lower trim...are you happy with it, and who did the painting?

Anyone else get the guards and leave them the original color?
  • rever2rever2 Member Posts: 15
    I have both the front and back splashguards in black on my Lt Almond Pacifica. Hardly notice the difference in color. They do a good job of keeping the lower sides clean of mud and road dirt. I did have the dealer instal them as the rear wheels must be removed to put them on. Mopar gives a three year 36,000 mile warranty on them if dealer installed.
  • cluelesspacluelesspa Member Posts: 648
    yeah they are mopar (got them when I got the pacifica) so it was installed when my pacifica rolled off the transport) :-)

they are light grey. I had them order both so I could pick the lesser of the two.... talked to an autobody shop and they dont recommend painting as it does chip no matter what they do on a Jeep they did. so I left mine the grey. it looks ok ... but in cloudy days you can tell the difference... there are two types of mudflaps from mopar. I order the more expensive molded flaps
    I just checked, the bumper is not on the corners but located about 1/2 way down the plate from the screw holes. so you have to look up under the plate to see if you have the two small rubber bumpers. (they are round rubber mounted to the pacifica) ..
  • pacificaoregonpacificaoregon Member Posts: 38
    Anyone using the mopar fitted cargo tray that covers the 3rd row seats when folded? I'm interested in knowing how easy it is to have this fold up the back of the 3rd row seat should you have the need to use the 3rd row seat. I'm looking for something that in general will cover the 3rd row seat, 4 seating position is most common using folded 3rd row as cargo space, but occasionally, once a week or so needing to use the 3rd row seat. I would like to get something that doesn't have to be completely removed from the vehicle in order to use the 3rd row seat. I looked into some indoor/outdoor carpet at Home Depot but these have poor backings which would shed as well as very thin. Any suggestions out there on what's available in a fitted format but yet can be flexible enough or rolled when the 3rd row seat is in use? Thanks.
  • b25nutb25nut Member Posts: 202
    I found a grey cargo matt at my auto parts store that only needed about 3 inches cut from it to cover most of the cargo area. It can be rolled up and fits inside my rear cargo storage bin so that it's always available when we pick up something from the nursry.
  • starbreakerstarbreaker Member Posts: 4
    I like to ride with all the seats up but I needed something to protect the 3rd row seats when folded down (I have the molded cargo tray that sits in the trunk area). Like the other guy here I just bought a cut to fit thin rubber mat and when I am not using it I fold it over neatly and use it as the floor mat for both 3rd row seats. Works great!
  • pssimonpssimon Member Posts: 144
    My Pacifica is the first car I have owned that has a roof rack, consequently, I have no experience or no-how. My question is this: I just bought a soft pack carrier. According to the picture from the box, there are essentially 4 rails, the two attached to the roof going front to back, and two attached to those running across the car. This allows the carrier to be tied down on all 4 sides. Do I need these two rails running across the car so I can tie down on the 4 sides, and if so do I need to buy a Chrysler product or does anyone sell them?

Thanks....
  • pssimonpssimon Member Posts: 144
    Let me please correct that previous note.... Obviously there are the two bars going across the vehicle. The issue are the rails that go front to back. Are there tie downs on these rails? I didn't see any and I'm concerned about lateral movement of anything I put up there.

Thanks....
    FYI...just got a mailing from my selling dealership that looks like its a Chrysler Corp thing...not just my dealership.

Its a $25 rebate if you purchase at least $200 worth of Mopar accessories by year's end. All you need are original receipts and the form. I'm already up to $120 and should make the $200 by year's end.

Might be worth asking your dealer about it, if you are/will be getting Mopar stuff.
    The small print says $200 Mopar Accessory SINGLE purchase (not including labor and installation costs) made by Oct 1, 2003. Offer good only in USA ... bla bla bla ... Dealers do not have to participate. Request must be postmarked by 01/16/2004.
    Clueless, my form reads:

"MOPAR REBATE RULES: Limit one rebate per household or family. $25 rebate good on minimum $200 Mopar Accessory purchase (not including labor and installation costs)...Requests must be postmarked by 1/15/04."

No mention at all of a 'single' purchase. Mine was mailed to me...I didn't get it directly at the dealership.
    it sounds like the same rebate ... they had a pad of the rebate forms (little small rebate form = 4" x 6" size...) attached to small display that said put your rebate to good use and get $25 back.... but the form I have reads single purchase and made before October. Mailed to Mopar Accessories Rebate in Troy MI.
  • pfschimpfschim Member Posts: 29
    Hey Pacifica owners,
    we just picked up our Crystal Black AWD and are very happy so far. The vehicle we made our deal on only had the basic single CD and 4 (I think) speaker Infinity sound system. We got a great price (below invoice) and that's just how it worked out.

Long/short of it is that it sounds all right, but I am interested if any one has either looked into or actually upgraded the sound system through Mopar or 3rd party yet.

I don't really care about a multidisk changer so much as bigger/richer sound stage.

Any feedback would be welcome.

Happy Driving to all
    when I ordered mine I originally put in an order for the standard stereo ... but after listening to both the standard just doesn't have enough clarity ... it sounded washed out. I was surprised at the difference in sound quality. Not just base punch but the mid to upper range of sound was flat no matter what I did with the Treble setting on the standard stereo. So I called the dealer back and said up the stereo :-) as far as upgrading hmmm probably easiest for the Mopar upgrade ... but if your upgrading anyway more bang for your buck aftermarket. plus you could drop in a DVD radio all in-one probably ... and watch movies as well :) (I assume if it came with the standard stereo it didnt have the DVD option) ...
  • pfschimpfschim Member Posts: 29
    cluelesspa,
    Yep you're right on the money, no DVD and basic sound. I looked at Crutchfield, and while they do list some speakers and head units for the Pac, they don't list amps/subs etc. So, it may just be a matter of waiting a few months before there are more aftermarket options.

I know that in my '99 300M, I had the upgraded Infinity sound system and it was a vast improvement over the standard unit. It's just that the vehicle I dealt with the local dealer was std unit only and it was configed just like the wife wanted it aside from the sound system.

Oh well, no big thang ... just wait a while and keep my eyes (and ears) open.

Happy driving to all
  • kylerckylerc Member Posts: 17
    Was anyone able to get this option on theier pacifica?My pacifica was on the lot already and I ordered it as a dealer installed option but now they say it not availible,and do not know when it will be or why it is not?
    Does it really work?Or should I just get the cheap version of hands free?
    Have the Mopar option and yeah it works great with my Nokia Bluetooth Phone (but the Nokia phone is another issue) ... but the bluetooth works flawlessly. the installed one is the one I wanted as the radio displays the caller ID the Mopar option doesn't use the stereo speakers either... :-( but got tired of waiting for the factory installed one to become available !!!! anyone see a factory bluetooth yet ?
    glad to here you are fairly happy with it.Are you
    using the nokia 6310i phone?If it doesn't use the car speakers what does it use?
    Still waiting on mopar option to become availible in Canada let alone the factory installed.
    they install a small speaker under the driver dash side and a small control button panel about 1 inch by 4 inches next to the A/C controls and a mic up next to the overhead light in front.... I am using the Nokia 3650 (the round weird looking one with the camera inside) ... you cant get the factory installed one after the vehicle arrives. it is factory only installed as far as I know...
    yes u are right,the factory installed is not availible here,is what i meant to say
    thanks for the input
  • sawchaksawchak Member Posts: 2
    I have an AWD Pacifica with the 6-CD/DVD changer and the DVD screen. I'm interested in installing an XM or Sirius satellite radio. Is there a version of this that's more compatible with the existing stereo? All recommendations and experiences would be of interest -- I don't want to make a mess of this nice-looking dashboard. Many thanks.
  • monark49monark49 Member Posts: 58
    Just finished installing the hitch i purchased from the dealer. $195.00 minus 10%. Took about 3 hours including a lunch break. Its a good kit and everything fits great, even the trim for the bumper cutout. Suggestion to all! Put the rubber hitch cover they supply on the front opening of the hitch instead of the back opening and get another one for the back or you'll be collecting a lot of dirt and junk into that hollow tube as you drive. Next step, the wiring. Anybody have the color codes yet for the Pacifica?
  • azpacificaazpacifica Member Posts: 20
    Sawchak - I am dropping my Pacifica off at the dealer on August 18th to get a Sirius system installed. I will give you are report on the hows and wows next week after I have a chance to play with it. FYI - I had the "Satellite Radio Prep" $35 Option installed at the factory so hopefully they won't need to tear the car apart to get it installed. I also had the upgrade Infinity 5.1 system installed at the factory (FM reception is poor, so I am hoping the Sirius does a lot better).
  • monark49monark49 Member Posts: 58
    Has anyone with the 6CD/DVD changer hooked up an aftermarket screen yet? Theres a lot of them out there in the $150.00 range.
    I thought w/ the $35 option was all you needed to get the sat system (that all the radios were ready) just needed to activate the radio. Are they installing something else ? and if so how much ? just curious...
    for those with the DVD nav system... look for the dvd case they gave you from the system. inside the front cover is a card that you can mail-in up to one year later to receive an UPDATED nav DVD !!! so wait for about 1 year and send it in and you will have an updated Dvd with the most recent road changes ... have fun and if you're ever in Pittsburgh you can buy the drinks if you want to say thanks :-)
  • russklassrussklass Member Posts: 389
    The upgrade disc is out now, I have mine. The next upgrade will not be until mid-2004.
    The current one covers about 90% of the US & southern Canada, vs 60% for the one that came with the car.
    If you call the number in the Nav manual, with disc in hand, they can tell you if you have the latest version.
    Clueless: YOU can buy as the area host on my next trip to Pittsburgh ... I'll buy if you come to the Buffalo area!
    Thanks for the Tips ... I think since it says only one upgrade I am going to wait until Mid 2004 and get that update... can you check the disk and post what rev you have ?

Deal on the drinks ROFL
    Hold the Nav disc so the printing is level, and face up.
    There is a series of numbers at the very right side.
    If the last 2 letters are "AF" you have the most recent version, out June '03.
    This version covers much more than the previous disc, so if you use the system a lot it's worth getting.
    Future annual upgrades will be $150.
    See my Message #79 - My dealer is about half way thru the installation (not the dealers fault - I had to take the car back ). The antenna and the receiver/modulator are installed but the stuff that goes in the dash are not.
    For cluelesspa, you will need to purchase about $200 plus dollars worth of antenna, modulator and tuner (haven't seen it yet) to hook onto your $35 set of wires installed at the factory.
    well mine is the previous one ... at first I thought you meant the lazer printed numbers on the inside ring of the DVD ... but now see its the big easy to read numbers. mine is 56034 642AE so must have the previous release... surprised as I custom ordered my Pacifica and it wasnt built until end of last month !!! (July 03) so figured they would be putting the latest release in the car :(

also out of curiosity (I knew it wouldnt work but had to try) I put in a movie and NO it wont play on the dash screen. it says warning problems reading NAV DVD ROM ...

I think I will wait until Mid 04 as even though this is not the latest release, it has had everthing I needed in Pittsburgh so far :) so I will wait until mid next year and get all of the AF release plus a year .... and save the $150 ...
  • deezldubdeezldub Member Posts: 15
    In the market for a pacifica, and was wondering where the DVD for the nav system goes?

In computer speak, is this a "three spindle" car?
    The CD player, the DVD/CD changer, and the DVD for the NAV system??
  • foxgofoxgo Member Posts: 27
    I could be wrong (since I don't actually own a Pacifica yet), but during my test-drive I remember the dealer explaining to me that the DVD for the navigation system goes into the DVD-entertainment slot.

She said that you put it in once, to load up all the map data, then you can take it out and use the DVD-entertainment system at the same time as using your Navigation system, since the disc is no longer needed after that first time you load the data.

I stand to be corrected, if any of you actual PAC owners have any actual experiences to relay that are different than the way it was explained to me.
    The Nav disc goes in a dedicated drive under the rear load floor (under the fuzzy tray) on the driver's side.
    It stays there always, not "installed" and then removed.
    For background see my Messages #79 and #86.

I picked up my Pacifica yesterday at the dealer. The Sirius system was installed. To my surprise nothing new was added to the dash. The current radio is used for all tuning. I happen to have the Dolby 5.1, tape, cd, etc, but any of the regular Chrysler radios (with or without the DVD, or multi-cd player) can be hooked up. The dealer provides an 'operator manual', the instructions on getting it activated and the receiver number you need when you pay your money to Sirius. I drove home, got to Sirius's web site and activated it on line - took about 10 minutes and I was up and running. Sirius's site is a little confusing, especially when it comes to picking a payment plan or taking advantage of any 'offers', so you may want to call their 800 number to activate. Also if you buy one from Chrysler, don't forget to take MOPAR up on their $25 rebate.
  • atlanticaatlantica Member Posts: 3
    Hi. I've been monitoring this forum for about a month now. Since I just bought a new Pacifica yesterday, I feel I'm now ready to post my first set of questions...

I'm also interested in installing the Sirius system and have read the previous threads. My Pacifica already has the top-of-the-line Infinity/Intermezzo stereo along with the 6 DVD/CD changer installed along with the Sirius prep package ($35). Here are my questions:

1) azpacifica, I believe you said you paid $200 to install the Sirius system at your Chrysler dealer. I read somewhere this costs $299 for the hardware with installation being extra. Did you get a discount on the system hardware? What did you pay for installation?
    2) I don't need a new headunit, correct?
    3) Where is the Sirius receiver installed? I think I read somewhere it's installed under the driver's seat. Is this correct?
    4) Where is the Sirius antenna installed? I also read somewhere that it is installed on the roof, but where on the roof? Are the wires to it hidden? How big is the antenna? Is it conspicuous? This is something that is very important to me. I don't want to put an unsightly antenna somewhere on my vehicle.
    5) What info does the headunit display when you are tuned to a Sirius music channel? Channel number? Channel name? Artist? Song name?
    6) azpacifica mentioned a $25 Mopar rebate. More info please... How do I get this?
    7) Please share any experiences with reception... Any problems? I know I've only had my Pacifica one day, but the FM radio reception seems to be weaker than all my other vehicles. Hoping Sirius will be (much) better. FYI, my locale is suburban Phila and do alot of traveling to central PA.

Thanks in advance for any/all info...
  • deezldubdeezldub Member Posts: 15
    I was at my chrysler dealer today, and while looking at his accessory book, saw the following
    #82208246, Backup Sensor Warning System
    MSRP $299.00, Install Time 1.0 Hours
    Includes 4 paintable sensors, indicates parking distance with tones and indicator LED's.

Not sure if it uses existing displays, if wiring is already there or not, but If it is truly integrated, then the large price (3X aftermarket kits) might be justified.
    atlantica - been away from the board for a week or so. Here's some answers to your questions....

1. My invoice says $144 in labor and $175 for the receiver plus $124 for the "Satellite Installation kit"...

2. All of the current headunits are Sirius capable. They just operate different.

3. The Sirius receiver is installed in that small compartment in the back of the rear deck. It is bolted down on one side of it. It is about 6in by 10in.

4. The antenna is a small rubber-looking oblong mound about two/three inches high and four inches long. It is installed about 10 inches in front of the third brake light. If you paid for the "Satellite install kit" (like $35 from the factory) you have the wires needed.

5. It displays the "stream" number, the "stream" name - no artist or song names.

6. $25 rebate is in the "Chrysler" magazine - no date, Volume 2 Issue 1 (which I assume all owners receive). check with your dealer.

7. Reception has been very good -- I used it last week thru-out northern Arizona - mountains, canyons, etc and it was flawless. Of course you do lose the signal whenever there is a fairly long tunnel (200 feet at 75MPH) , heavy tree cover. But it snaps right back. If you're in downtown Philly you might also lose it around tall buildings. It certainly works better than the Pacifica FM - which is very poor around here.

Hope this helps.....
  • atlanticaatlantica Member Posts: 3
    Thanks azpacifica for responding. This helps a lot...

One additional question regarding the antenna... Did they drill a hole under the antenna to mount it? Or does the antenna have a visible "tail" that runs on top of the roof with the wires running into the vehicle via the top of the rear hatch?
  • aviateaviate Member Posts: 31
    We are looking for some tasteful seat covers for our front seats. We live in hot and humid FL and the nice leather gets a bit warm and sticky.
    Thanks
  • rosie19rosie19 Member Posts: 5
    go to sheepskin, live in Houston and they work great!
    They drill a hole - no tails....also I just noticed that the rebate form came with the "Chrysler" magazine but was not part of it, looked more like an insert with ads from the dealer. Good luck!
  • prasanna777prasanna777 Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone installed an after market DVD screen connecting to factory installed 6 disc DVD Changer?
    I am sure the displaying video is no issue, but I am only wondering about the remote control and wireless headphone stuff.

Also, I am thinking of installing a subwoofer and amp in the space provided (mine does not have premium audio and hence the sub space is vacant). Anyone thinking about it?
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    you have to wear clothes when you drive :)
  • sailme2sailme2 Member Posts: 8
    I have been able to find many Pacifica accessories at a 22% discount. Search Google, Chrysler Pacifica accessories. They are MOPAR parts from an online dealer.
  • alg65alg65 Member Posts: 6
    There are Chrysler Pacifica accessories on Ebay if you search under Chrysler Pacifica as well. Have Fun shopping. I purchased the chrome tailpipe, mud guards, and the back bumper scuff protector at the local dealer though. They are pretty easy to install yourself. It really finishes the side and back view of the PAC.