Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• wzakaraswzakaras Member Posts: 9
    UPDATE:
    after the NAV upgrade to 05064033AE FADE is now present

i guess the update also plays with the radio functionality
  • 04pacman04pacman Member Posts: 23
    Check out my post in the Chrysler Pacifica Audio & Entertainment Questions #101 for info on my new system. :shades: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f0de687/100
  • 04pacman04pacman Member Posts: 23
    I just finished Installing my aftermarket lcd but I also changed the head unit. I know there is a way to intergrate the Factory DVD to an aftermarket lcd but I think they had to have a stereo shop do it because they had to change a copule of the factory dvd leads to RCA plugs to connect to the monitor. I seem to recall that they also had some problems with that. I'll keep my eyes out to see if I come across the post.

For mounting the lcd, Search for a template; also, Carp3095 has one (Chrysler Pacifica Audio & Entertainment Questions post#95), if you email him he can send you a link to buy it. Trust me, it's worth the $15-$20 for it. I did not have one and had to pull the headliner down to find the factory mount; took about 3 hours and it was not an easy task.

Link to my aftermarket lcd. (cut and paste)
    "http://www.carspace.com/04pacman/Albums/Media_System/12 inch lcd open.JPG- /page/photo.html#pic"

Hope this helps,
    Rick
  • reddinkreddink Member Posts: 2
    I purchased mine on EBay. Worth having and VERY EASY to install. Price was a 50%+ savings over what it would cost from a dealer, if you can get one. I was told by the desler where I bought the car that they were not available.
  • dan725dan725 Member Posts: 1
    I want to install the navigation system into my 05 Pacifica as it would have been had I ordered with it already installed when I bought it new. Does anyone know the best way to go about this? I saw a Pacifica speedometer navigation cluster as well as the actual gps system that the dvd program goes into on ebay. Only thing is since my car didn't come with the navigation factory installed it doesn't have all the buttons next to the analog clock in tne dashboard. It only has the buttons for the trip,gas milage,compass, etc. Not sure how to go about this. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!
  • pfwiiipfwiii Member Posts: 1
    Seeking help – for the complete years 2004-2006 Chrysler advertised on their website that the Pacifica 3rd row driver’s side seat was LATCH equipped for the installation of a child seat. LATCH is an acronym, and was even defined on the Chrysler website as Lower Anchors and Tether for CHildren. The LATCH system is better than using the seatbelt to install a child seat since it is easier and can provide a very secure installation. The third row driver’s side LATCH was a factor when making our buying decision since with two children’s seats in the second row the second row seats cannot be folded to provide access to the third row. We purchased a 2004 Pacifica in May’04.

Short story is that the lower anchors were never built into the third row, so the third row driver’s side seat was not LATCH equipped as advertised. I contacted Chrysler customer service in May’04 to inquire if they could be added but they only told me that I had misinterpreted their website and denied any problem or responsibility. After an odyssey that took over a year and involved the Better Business Bureau and NJ State Attorney General’s office, Chrysler finally admitted the error but still denied any responsibility. Even after admitting the error, Chrysler continued to publish the false information about this “standard” feature on their website for at least 15 months.

I have been very surprised by how Chrysler has handled this situation, and their refusal to take responsibility for advertising a standard feature on their car and then not building it in to the car has led me to finally contact a lawyer after trying many other ways to achieve a resolution. The lawyer would like me to find some other 2004 – December ’06 (including ’07 model year purchased in ’06) Pacifica buyers who also feel that Chrysler should not be permitted to behave as they have and who would prefer that their car have all the advertised standard features including the 3rd row driver’s side seat LATCH system. Please let me know if you are in that category and I will be happy to provide you more information.

I am not a lawyer, just a regular but persistent guy who bought a Pacifica and has been treated poorly by Chrysler.
  • dgatesdgates Member Posts: 2
    hey i would like to know do you have the wiring diagram for the chrysler pacifica 2005 for hooking up headrest monitors to the factory DVD unit. In other words do you know how and can you help me thanks. You can email me back at brooklynsdond@yahoo.com
  • dgatesdgates Member Posts: 2
    Can anybdy help on how to installed additional headrest monitors to the factory DVD unit.I will also need to know the direction it can be briefed and the wiring schematic to the dvd/cd 6 disc changer (wire color code). Thanks it will be best if you email me at brooklynsdond@yahoo.com
  • rbarkdullrbarkdull Member Posts: 1
    Do you by chance have wiring diagram for a 2005 chrysler pacifica AWD? If so can you email the diagram to me. Thanks!
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    The current edmunds system does not allow any email contact. If you release your email address in your profile, I'll send it to you as an attachment.
  • jboisonjboison Member Posts: 2
    Hi there:

I went to a nearby hitch & camper store and they did not have a 2007 pacifica hitch available. They said that they were still being manufactured by the company they use (draw-tite). Does anyone else have a manufacturer and model they recommend?

Thanks.
  • rkpattesonrkpatteson Member Posts: 1
    Need some help, I'm a little overwhelmed by the number of posts so it's hard to follow. I'm trying to add an lcd monitor to my 06 pacifica, as you all know, I've got the 6 disc dvd player already. I'm assuming from what I've read that if I remove the stock player that I will realize I need to order the wiring harness from Mopar right? And then splice into the video output cable and attach rca connectors? Can anyone email me wiring diagrams and wiring templates?

My email address is in my profile.

THanks,
    RKP
  • spmedispmedi Member Posts: 11
    Did you already buy a monitor? I found it much easier to buy the older model rear seat dvd system. It was like $550 or something. It came w/ the changer, harness, lcd, remotes, and headphones (RF I might add). I lost MP3 capability. I sold my 2006 changer on Ebay for like $250. So all in all it cost $300 and it looks factory.

Also you can't order the wire harness for the rear dvd screen seperately. You have to pay the $800 for the lcd, harness, remote, headphones. Get the 2004 verison for $550.

Maybe you want larger than a 7" screen? You will need a lcd w/ IR transmitter if you ever want to use headphones w/ the 2005+ cd changers. I don't think it is neccessary to have over 7", it will be in the way of the mirror.

Anyway that is my $0.02.

Updated: I found my oler thread on this:
    spmedi, "Chrysler Pacifica Audio & Entertainment Questions" #76, 20 Nov 2006 12:47 pmlink title
  • muse6638muse6638 Member Posts: 2
    Whould you please send me one too?
    I have 2006 chrysler pacifica with only 6 disc DVD changer installed...
    I would like to install aftermarket screen.
    Thanks in advance.
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    In order for me to send it to you, you must first disclose your email address in your profile!
  • mpollardmpollard Member Posts: 3
    mpollard@setrpc.org is my e-dress please forward whatever you have. Thank you.
  • lukeplukep Member Posts: 6
    Hey any of you fellas know any sites or stores that sell aftermarket parts for that car???? Let me know thanks........
  • dwstuckedwstucke Member Posts: 1
    I just installed a set of Thule Tracker II feet and crossbars on our 06 Pacifica and am also concerned about the amount of flex in the OEM plastic side rails. Has anyone had issue with thee not being strong enough? I would think that the OEM standard crossbars or Mopar Sport Utility bars would have the same concern as with Thule's? I did find that tightening the screws that hold down the side rails helped a lot, but there is still a lot of flex at the front end.

The thread that I'm posting this in is almost 2 years old, any experience to share since your original posts?
  • blk05pacificablk05pacifica Member Posts: 1
    is it possible for you to send me the information to the harness too? Thank you...
  • rfeerfee Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering if you made any progress with your problem. I have a similar problem. I have 22" wheels and my readout tells me to service tire system soon. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • hunnybunhunnybun Member Posts: 1
    I have an 05 Pacifica. I recently got a new radio and I would like to change it out for the factory one. Works just fine when my husband switches them out but if the car is turned off then back on........ NO SOUND!!! ugh...
    Has anyone else come upon this problem?
    Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.
  • jenniferm62681jenniferm62681 Member Posts: 2
    hello! i recently purchased aftermarket tires and rims for my 06 pacifica but now i am interested in trading my pacifica in but the dealership doesn't want the rims or tires..does anyone know if pacifica rims will fit on any other type of vehicle and if not where i migth be able to sell these at cause they aren't even 5 months old. thanks alot!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    ebay

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• kkodalkkodal Member Posts: 34
    :shades: Ebay is a good place to sell them..
    but i think the bolt pattern should match the jeep grand cherokees and the chrysler 300C...i'd check with the dealer but i am pretty sure the grand cherokee is a confirmed swap.
  • jenniferm62681jenniferm62681 Member Posts: 2
    ok cool ty guys so much for the info..i was thinking anout ebay but when i went on ebay to see if bidding went well on tires and rims it didn't look very successful to me and there were no other pacifica rims or tires up for bid so that kinda concerned me..somebody told me to take them to a pawn shop but i paid almost $2000.00 for them and a pawn shop would probably not even offer me $500.00. it's unfortunate that these rims and tires only fit a few selective other vehicles of which the 2 you named i wasn't interested in getting either of them lol but it's still nice to know that if need be i could always go in that direction. so once again tyvm for your info.
  • teribterib Member Posts: 2
    myself and 3 other people I know have Pacificas that are starting to rust fron of hood on both sides of chrome. 2 are 04 pacifica one an 05. Anyone expericing same problems
    :shades: i think you can get that fixed by dealer for freee under the warranty.i've heard some people having the rusting issue in the front and on the rims and so far everyone got them fixed at no charge.so try the dealer,if they say no i'd try to contact chrysler they seem to be more reasonable than dealership.good luck
    :surprise: are you sure you checked the right spot on ebay..i check ebay myself regularly and i've seen a lot of rims and tires for sale.i myself bought a set of four for mine about 6 months ago.i paid about $700 for brand new factory rims and michelin tires.if the rims you have as good as you describe you shouldn't have any problems selling it for a reasonable price.
    hope you can get what you ask for the rims&tires...good luck
  • pocock1pocock1 Member Posts: 1
    i just installed a new chrysler rear seat entertainment system in our 2005 pacifica but the headphones will not work. headphone part number 04685936aa . i tried headphone part number 5064037aa but they did not work either. any help would be appreciated.
    where did you buy the entertainment center from?if it is taken from another vehicle you might have to get the vin for that vehicle to have it run by dealer to see what it is.
    if yours had the dvd changer and you just added the screen than you could have the delaer run your vin to find out if you have RF or IF headphone set up.once you find out what set up you have than you can have them check out the part number you have on the headphones and make sure they are the right ones.
  • dmahaffeydmahaffey Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2007 pacafic with both radio and 6 cd/dvd changer intalled. I have an after market dvd screen with RCA in put jacks only.DO you have a wiring diagram and where to but the factory out put connector/ I think it is #4868763AA.
    go to makeitmopar.com
    they almost have everything the dealer has and a lot cheaper than the dealer.good luck
  • captainron042captainron042 Member Posts: 4
    I am in this category, though I JUST purchased this model LX 2004. I saw the top LATCH hookup, and assumed the bottoms were there. I actually haven't tried to use the LATCH system yet, but I had to go look after I saw your post. I'd be interested in the details.
  • kmeagherkmeagher Member Posts: 1
    Hi Dan,

Did you ever figure this out? I am considering doing the same thing if it is possible.
  • hot_pacificahot_pacifica Member Posts: 15
    does anyone know who makes a bodykit for the pacifica? I have looked everywhere, I saw one at a carshow, he said it was a aero wide body kit, but cant find one, if you dont know, what about a body kit for another car that will fit? thanks guys!!
  • ronvfronvf Member Posts: 1
    I just singed up on this message board, I saw your question about adding the backup camera and display to your 2004 Nav. We just purchased (take delivery 12/26/2007) a 2004 with what seems to be all the available options however I don't think they had the rear camera back in 04 and I am wondering if you had any success with your question?

Thanks
    RonVF
    Halfmoon, NY
    ronvf@yahoo.com
  • waterdrwaterdr Member Posts: 307
    There are all kinds of company selling after-market b/u cameras. They are as simple as hanging on your mirror, or can be more integrated into the dash board.

There are also sensors that you can install that are a lot cheaper too.
    Try Mr Body kit. They have everything. But PLEASE for the sake of all of us PAC owners, do not install a body kit for another car. That would be rediculous. You can't believe the thoughts I am having now - lol :cry:
  • 98ddgram150098ddgram1500 Member Posts: 16
    WARNING: That link you posted redirects you to an adult website ad
    You responded to a post that is now 5 years old. I am sure the link is no longer valid.
  • nuruc7nuruc7 Member Posts: 98
    For 2007; Anyone know if the auto headlight/fog light equipped multifunction switch and the Auto-Dim mirror from the limited and the touring models is compatible with the Base model?

Anyone have Part Numbers? :)
    i doubt that you can do the upgrade on the base model like you can on touring.touring has most of the stuff prewired ready to go so it is eaasy to upgrade.
    Apparently so, there is some wiring harness differences. One solution I could go with is to replace the Body Harness, but that is quite a job. I was considering that for my 2005, and just decided to drop it. I did have an offer from a Dealer service shop to replace the harness in 3 hours and install my NAV at the same time. Apparently they had a technician that did a lot of these in my neck of the woods and so that was going to be easy for that person to do. I also found the correct body harness for $680 new on the West Coast, so the total cost was going to be under $1200. But I did nto do it, even tjhough I did research it very well and was ready.

I am still trying to find out from Chrysler how to get the Mini-trip computer and the compass working on my EVIC - I am having a hard time considering that they installed the Tire Pressure sensors and not the Mini-trip computer and the compass? Seems quite idiotic. I checked the central fuse and relay box under the hood (power center), and it has all the fuses and relays for the pacifica installed, so it seems like a matter of determining what is the course of action to get additional features turned on - I think think with the body computer can handle whatever is installed and I need to find out what needs to be instaled to get the compass and the minim computer functions working. With the Mini computer, I think it is all in the sogftware as the computer is monitoring all the appriopriate data on all the vehicles, the compass may require the addition of the magnetic input - both are probably not very much $$ to install. Kinda wish my dealer had a Touring Model instock and offered me the same deal - oh well, I might just keep poking at some wrecked vehicles to get the appropriate components.

So just to see what it would take, I am going to:

Find out the differences between my body computer, wiring harness, AC, EVIC and one from a touring or limited.

Price out the components (wiring, sensors, etc) :cry:

Make a final judgement at that time of which ones I am going to do and which ones I am not going to accomplish and let eveyone here know.
    OBTW, on my 2005 touring, i installed:

The Factory DVD player and display
    The Factory Sirius Receiver and the Roof Mounted antenna
    Auto Dimming Mirror
    Autoheadlights
    Fog lights

Chickened out on the Nav after reading about the concerns required whe working aroud the Passive Retraint system :surprise: - I was very concenred that I might set off a trigger and then power everything up and get popped in the face with an Air -bag :sick: . So any body harness work, even though I can easily do it will be left up to a dealer where I can get a reasonable price. :D
    Well I did a litle research and found out the Compass module is a module that is inserted into the Overhead Console. what I will try to find out next is whether or not the cable running to my roof is more than power to the console. If it is more than just power, then I may be abble to add the Compass module. I have heard that is where the mini-trip modulwe is also located but no verification as of yet. I will keep you all informed.

wish me luck!
    I have to be honest.....you must be in this challenge for the fun as I would have given up before I even gotten started - lol
    Yes it is interesting trying to do this. Well I do have more info, the overhead console cost 1400 bucks new. The CMTC module cost another $240, so from my source it would cost a total of $1600 - 1700 to accommodate. They used my VIN to match up the part numbers. So the parts will work apparently. Another interesting thisn is that my car came from the factory with the cellular antenna on it, but sofar I have not been able to find out if I can add that back in either?. Oh well I am looking for a overhead console from a wrecked 2007 pacifica Touring or limited. and see how cheaply I can get that.
    Well I bailed and traded my 2007 in for a 2007 touring and now i am happy. I verified that I needed a new Instrument Panel harness, a new body harness, and then the ATC head unit and the Overhead Console and CMTC module, total well over 3k bucks to add the desired components to the Base model - dunno if it also required a different body computer, the numbers are different I think. So I traded it in for a slightly used Touring - came out prety well , 1000 over what I previously owed, and lowered my payment by over 20 bucks per month. Spent $411 bucks to add auto dimming mirror, auto headlights and fog lights. Waiting for the parts to show-up. will install in a few hours. All will be good after that :)
  • fulton363fulton363 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know where i can get a new DVD for my 2004 Pacifica?? And are there new ones out there that has 2008 maps??
  • hot_pacificahot_pacifica Member Posts: 15
    best they have now is the 2006, thwey said they are in the process of making a new one, but it will be about a year. the 2006 is available on ebay for $199