Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Uplander/Pontiac Montana SV6/Saturn Relay/Buick Terraza

Comments

• jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    I'm really sorry to hear about your sister's problems. But you really have to take Consumer Reports ratings with a grain of salt, especially with new models (or 1 year old models). The reason I say that is that they have a strong tendency to bias against certain brands and vehicle types. Ex.- some new import vehicles get a pass on ratings altogether for the first 18 - 24 months as "too new to rate", while you get crap like you just mentioned for other vehicles right from the start as "expected reliability", etc., regardless of them having had no time to gather reports.

Hope your sister gets a satisfactory resolution. No problems here with our 2005 Terraza yet (under 5000 miles so far though).
  • poz4poz4 Member Posts: 2
    Is this complant on the Uplander, sorry I'm new
  • poz4poz4 Member Posts: 2
    I'm so glad a found this forum. We purchased our Uplander in July of 05 and its been a nightmare ever since. Our biggest problem has been the alternator. Been in the shop for the better part of a month, however I have the dealership behind me and the say for certain that this is a safety issue. We called GM customer service. What a joke that was, they told us to be patient and give GM a chance to fix the problem, HELLO!! I've got two kids that I cart around constantly, headlights are rather important. Then they told us that the problem wouldn't get worse, well their high-priced engineers didn't foresee this minor oversight did they. I filled for arbitration on Friday. I think we are in for a hell of a fight. Do any of you have any advice that might make for a stronger case?
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    A statement from the dealership stating that this is a safety issue might help.

Since the dealership has acknowledged that this is a safety issue, did they provide you with a loaner car?
  • blessingsx4blessingsx4 Member Posts: 16
    yes this is a complaint on the uplander
  • blessingsx4blessingsx4 Member Posts: 16
    Did you see my previous post? Call the NHTSA and the FTC and file complaints right away. They will begin a federal investigation and get these jokes of a vehicle off the roads for good. Don't count on the engineers I was told the same thing in september and found a complaint on the NHTSA ODI website from november of 04 stating the caller had been told the same thing. Do not give GM a chance-Like I said I have been waiting since september. Also, insist you will not put your children in the unsafe vehicle they built and you unknowingly purchased. Explain to the dealership the extent of their liability and that if something happens to you and your children because of this widespread defect they have known about for ages and cannot fix your family will hold them accountable. Take your vehicle to the dealership and refuse to pick it up and request a GM provided rental on the grounds that you cannot safely drive your vehicle. Are you aware that GM tech support is fully aware of this problem and is admitting to the dealers that 5% of these "suspect" vehicles cannot be repaired? Yet, they refuse to take them back without a fight. This problem goes way beyond these cars simply being "lemons". This is purely an act of negligence on GM's part to continue to sell these vehicles they know they cannot fix. And one more thing-The dealership will ultimately side with gm if they have to choose. Loosing one customer is better then biting the hand that feeds them. And make sure you do not get back into another GM car again. You have seen the quality of their customer service and it is only going to get worse.
  • drakedarbymomdrakedarbymom Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2005 Uplander and I have the noise. Does it sound like when you blow through two blades of grass (a childhood thing). The dealership has attempted fixing it with replacing the roof rack, resealing the windhshield, tightening the XM radio antenna and has supposedly done noise testing. Service department has had the van 5 times since we purchased the car in Feb 2005 for this problem.

As a result of starting the arbitration process, a GM area manager came today to test drive the van. Without me or anyone in the car with him, he was unable to hear the noise in the windshield. He thinks the noise that I am hearing is from the nail in my rear right tire!!

This along with many other problems with my van...I believe we are beginning an uphill battle with GM.

Where do you get the service bulletins?
  • tonninotonnino Member Posts: 1
    Have similiar problem. When my engine reaches normal operation temperature there is a rattle, ticking sound coming from the driver side. With the brake applied, I get a vibration in the steering wheel. The car sounds great and no steering wheel vibration when the car is cold. The dealer recognized the problem and replaced all the lifters. However, no solution. I called GM and escalated the issue. Their response was that it was a characteristic of the van. I thought characteristics were of a positive nature e.g. quietness. Characteristic is GM's euphenism for problem. The problem began day one (4 months now). GM/dealer advised me to wait for service bulletins. But how long can I wait? I do not feel comfortable with the vibration when driving in a stop and go traffic. I brought the van to the dealer 4 times with this problem. They first told me I was the only one to notice this and then told me they noticed these characteristics on other 2005 Montanas. I drove a 2005 Uplander rental without any problems. Perhaps my van is a lemon. I should at least get a replacmenent vehicle if they cannot solve the problems. Any suggestions?
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    drakedarbymom, you can find service bulletins for any vehicle right here at Edmunds.com. Here's a link:

Maintenance Schedules, Recalls and Technical Service Bulletins

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• haditwithmyvanhaditwithmyvan Member Posts: 19
    We have had our Pontiac SV6 for about 4 months now and the service department at the dealer where we bought it has had it more than I have. This van started out a NIGHTMARE and just got WORSE!!! It started with the dimming lights and the radio that wouldnt work, then there was noise from the engine that was coming through the dvd player and then the power doors were openin on their own...UGH BUT, the best of all was when I had my 3 year old in the rear passenger seat and I was driving down the road and the DOOR OPENED!!! Okay, that is a MAJOR SAFETY HAZARD!! After taking my van into the shop over 15 times and threatening them with a lawsuit, GM has finally agreed to do a vehicle buyback, but get this, I have made 2 payments in the last 2 months on a vehicle I have not even had possession of....UGGGHHHH For those of you who think that the lemon law is easily filed, let me tell you that it is about a 2month process and is VERY frustrating.... :sick: :cry: :mad:
    haditwithmyvan,

Sorry you've had so many problems. You might want to visit the NHTSA to see if others have had similar problems and, if you wish, file a complaint:

NHTSA: Office of Defects Investigation

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• wirkinmanwirkinman Member Posts: 12
    I guess i'm one of the lucky ones.
    I got my Uplander in March '05 and have had little trouble.

The worst problem has been the bodyside moulding that has started loosening. I took it to the dealer, he ordered the part and it came in next day. I called him to find out what method he was using to reinstal the moulding after reading here that several have had it installed over 5 times.
    The dealer said he was sent a redesigned moulding that has a screw/stud that locks down the moulding at both ends.

I also complained about vibration during moderate braking.
    The dealer recut the rotors.

I have noticed a slight dimming while driving.
    The dealer replaced the alternator.

When I got the Uplander, I noticed that the Chevy Bowtie Logo at the rear was installed crooked.
    The dealer reordered and remounted a new one.

And, My horn was always very dificult to use.
    The dealer said that be found a service bulletin and repaired the horn so that it operates easier.

The best part of all was that the Dealer got me a rental
    ('06 Tahoe) and I absolutely loved it.

I was pleasantly surprised at how professional my dealer was. I would gladly buy there again.

Jesse
    Hi, I am new to edmunds.com and would like to know how to find other complaints about the uplander, sv6, relay and terezza. How do I do that?
    I am in the middle of arbitration with GM over my 05 Pontiac SV6. My van has been in the shop more than 15 times since I bought it just over 4 months ago. I cannot discourage anyone enough from buying one of GM's 4 new minivans(saturn relay, pontiac sv6, buick terezza and chevy uplander). I have done my research since I have had so many problems and was TOTALLY amazed at how many of these vans are on the road and 90% of them all have the same problems. I dont understand how GM can justify selling these faulty and unsafe vehicles. GM is buying my van back from me but only after months and months of my constant complaints and threats. They just dont understand why I am not happy with the way they have handled it when they keep telling me, "sorry, that is just how the van doors work". As far as I know, the van door should NOT open while I am driving down the road, with my 3 year old in the back seat. :mad: :mad: :lemon: :lemon:
    Believe me, you are NOT the only experiencing the flickering light problem. I own an 05 pontiac SV6 which is the same as the uplander and relay and I have had my van in the shop over 15 times since I bought it just over 4 months ago.
    These are just a few of my problems...
    1. Flickering lights(headlights and inside lights)
    2. Whistling noise when accelerating
    3. Doors open on their own(power sliding doors)
    4. Doors open when in drive (major safety hazard)
    5. Side moulding popping off
    6. Faulty fuel gage (says low fuel even though there is a half a tank in it)
    7. Radio only works part of the time
    AND ON AND ON AND ON......
    GM is currently in the process of buying my van back from me but only after my constant complaining and threats. The lemon law/buy back process is almost as frustrating as taking ur van into the shop every other day. Do NOT let GM or your dealership push you around, put your foot down and tell them that you do NOT feel safe with your children in the car anymore and do NOT want to drive it again. That is what I had to do. If your dealer does not do anything for you, then call GM direct. Just be firm.
    GOOD LUCK...
  • genmtrfangenmtrfan Member Posts: 78
    I don't blame you for being upset, especially about the door opening while the van is in motion. I am also glad you've finally convinced them to buy back the van. From reading these forums it appears that there are a small number of these vans that have numerous electrical problems that sometimes cannot be resolved. My Uplander, with 12,000 miles, has been great so far. I did take it in for the recalls on the alternator and the harmonic balancer. I also hear the whistling noise for a few seconds when accelerating under cold conditions. While these problems are annoying they aren't a big deal to me. If you read the Oddessy site you may be quite surprised to read the minor issues that those owners are dealing with too. The headlight fluctuation, side moulding issues, and whistling noise are, unfortunately, fairly common problems repaired under warranty. Thankfully, the door opening situation is not.

I recently read on a Saturn forum that the Saturn Relay came in second place in a Strategic Vision intial quality survey for 2005. None of the other GM models were tested, but I'd assume quality would be pretty consistent. My conclusion on these vans is that there were a few vans built with an electrical ghost that is haunting mechanics. The remaining 99% are good with the exception of a few minor issues. For the money, I'm still very satisfied. If I had your issues, I'm sure it would be a different story.
    Hi, haditwithmymom,

This is the place. There are more than 2000 posts in this discussion and a number of them concern problems and issues with these vehicles. The hope is that the discussion doesn't become a soapbox filled with one-way rants, because they don't really help anyone. Ideally, it's about members who've had similar experiences helping other members to solve their problems.

• dwjonesdwjones Member Posts: 5
    Anybody had problems with and/or found a solution to the erratic fuel gauge problem? This issue was discussed in several posts on this board back in March 05, but it seems to have fallen by the wayside. I notice my fuel gauge fluctuating when it gets below 1/4 of a tank. I also "ran out of gas" when parked slightly down hill last month, but once I rolled the van level, it started and registered 1/4 of a tank! Any one else having these issues? I checked with GM and there is not yet a TSB on this issue.
  • kcoreykcorey Member Posts: 130
    My '05 Terraza was doing the same thing...I brought it into the dealer and had him replace the alternator. Everything is fine now. The service manager said that not to replace it with an "on-hand" alternator, but to order a new one. Apparantly there is a problem with the older ones.
    Oops... I can't believe I referred to you as "haditwithmymom". Must've been a Freudian slip of the fingers. :sick:

I haven't seen a solution, but our Terraza fluctuates quite a bit too. It also doesn't just occur at 1/4 tank for us- anywhere from just over 1/2 tank or lower and changing incline will cause it to read differently. I didn't realize that it could actually cause the van to not start though (I think that's what you meant by "ran out of gas"?). I'd just started to accept it as one of the quirks of this vehicle (all vehicles have their own, and most have this one, just to a lesser degree).
  • dwjonesdwjones Member Posts: 5
    Yes, I think it is just a quirk, and I am otherwise pleased with my vehicle (I've not had the oft-mentioned alternator problem, nor any other problems, and I'm over 15,000 miles so far :) ). As for "running out of gas," not starting is exactly what I mean. Post #2274 seems to cite the same exact problem. If this is true, then it may be more than just a gauge problem - like a design flaw in the fuel tank itself. In any event, I just fill up my tank anytime I hit what I believe to be an accurate 1/4 reading on the guage (somewhere around 400 miles since the last fill-up, for me). That should prevent any other problems. Let me know if anyone else is having the same problems, or if anyone has come up with a solution.
  • drakedarbymomdrakedarbymom Member Posts: 6
    Great to hear about the dealership taking such good care of you.

But did they tell you that the rotor problem can happen again...especially when the vehicle sits for a long period of time or is subjected to high humidity areas (like the beach). My dealership was nice enough to offer to replace my rotors right before my warranty runs out....hope to not still have the van at that point.
  • dan165dan165 Member Posts: 653
    Looks like a few people are having troubles here. Thats too bad.

Our 2005 Uplander LT van is almost a year old and we have had almost no issues. We have 22,000 kms on her now, it's been one of the best vehicles we have ever had. We are mostly retired now but the van is great for carrying large items and going on long trips.

Question : Anyone have a 3.9L version of the van? Just wondering how the extra power feels.
    I've been waiting to hear feedback from owners of these vans with the 3.9L also. Any takers?
  • pinwillypinwilly Member Posts: 6
    Hello my dealer is trying to tell me its user error that my starter stays engaged after you let the key go till it stalls the engine out it does this intermently
    i'm takeing it back for the 4th time its really getting old at this point anybody with a similar problem??? :mad:
  • vanman1vanman1 Member Posts: 1,397
    I was at my dealer last weekend for an oil change. They had about 8 or 10 Uplanders, not one 3.9L. Are they even available yet??
  • uplander_lsuplander_ls Member Posts: 6
    Just found my way back to these forums after a while... I now have over 55,000 and have had the Uplander for just over a year. All the same problems as most, lights still "pulsate" after the alternator change, still hear the engine whine during acceleration. Moldings are coming off, again (4th time). Major problem now with the front end "vibration", rotors have been machined 4 times. Last week I pulled into a Wendy's and parked with a slight incline down, after about 10 minutes, the car died... I figured it was the fuel problem. I believe these vans have 26 gallon fuel tanks. I walked across the street borrowed a 2 gallon gas can, put it into the tank, and the car started. Went back across the street "filled" the tank and the pump stopped at 18 gallons... so there was almost 6 gallons of gas in the tank when it wouldn't start? What's up with that! :confuse:
    The same thing with the fuel gauge happened to me as well. I was stranded 50 miles away from home with two kids in the car and I wasnt sure what was wrong and I had to call a tow truck. I have had all the same problems as you and GM is currently buying my van back from me. After the 15th or 16th time of taking it in for service I said okay, this is enough. If your dealer does not want to listen, then contact GM direct.
    Good Luck!!
    I think it would be good to hear from people who have had their issues resolved. There are TSB's out for the headlight problem and the whistling noise problem. Can anyone document that their vehicle was correctly repaired by the dealer?

I had my alternator replaced when I bought it, just for precaution against flickering lights, but I still notice an occasional slight flicker of the interior lights. This is not a safety issue and it is usually unnoticed, but it is there. I'd like to hear from someone who says that their vehicle was completely repaired after following the TSB for flickering lights.

I'd also like to hear from 2006 owners. Are you having any issues such as the whistling noise, flickering lights, or body side mouldings coming loose?

These are all annoying, first year issues, but I am encouraged that I've read very few issues regarding the reliabilily of the engine or transmission.
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    Hello all,
    Well I'm headed to the Philly Auto Show on Sat Feb 4th. Hoping to get a good look at alot of vehicles. I asked about the availability of the 3.9ltr. Most of the vans on the lots are AWD and the 3.9ltr is only avail with the FWD model's sport package. I also noticed that mostly all the issues everyone is talking about are on the '05MY, has anyone had any issues on the '06MY since that is what I would end up ordering and GM more than likely got most of the bugs out. I say ordering because I want the convenience package, sport package, and trailering package, but do NOT want the preferred, premium or security packages. Almost every SV6 in the area has the preferred or security packages.

My wife and I are still looking at the '06 SV6 (3.9ltr), '06 Quest SL special edition, '06 Freestyle SEL, and the '06 Pilot EX (W/O Leather). The SV6 won out over the other GM model because the front end looks alot better IMHO.

Odie
  • uplander_lsuplander_ls Member Posts: 6
    My Uplander is a company vehicle, and I will be purchasing it to sell in about 3 months. So, if anyone is interested, it'll have approx 70,000 miles and about a year and a half old... we'll see how many takers :) I can choose between the Freestar, Grand Caravan, Uplander, and the Sienna LE. It'll be the Sienna all the way for me this time. There are 3 other co workers of mine with Uplanders and every single person is switching to the Toyota, nice ride, QUIET, and flawless interior. The DVD is nice, but not nice enough to keep this customer. I wish GM were reading these forums, because if they want a valid opinion and lots of driving experience, they can contact me anyday!!
  • bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    From what I've read, the SV6 and clones are just the same old GM minivans under a new outside skin.
    Not true. I had the Venture and now have an Uplander. While it is definitely not new from the ground up, the interior is completely redesigned (very nice), major exterior overhaul, new engine (2 new choices), 17" wheels, and new standard and optional features (DVD, Remote Start, etc.) The handling characteristics are totally different as well, perhaps due to the bigger wheels. Much fewer rattles from hardware. Also, the crash test results are much better which indicate a significant re-design.
    I am driving an 06 uplander right now as my loaner while we go through arbitration. The 06 is having just an many problems as my 05 SV6 did. The lights flicker, the fuel gauge is erratic and there is a loud clunking noise from the front end. I do not think that GM fixed the problems from the 05, why should they, people keep buying them anyway....
  • fedupwithchevyfedupwithchevy Member Posts: 3
    I have an 05 Uplander and we have filed with the BBB Auto Line. Mine has been the shop 7 times, 3 of which were for the transmisson. We are awaiting our day for arbitration. It has been such a horrible experience that we will never purchase another GM product. The problems I have experienced is transmisson failure ( 3x) next time LEMON, horn not working properly, sliding door nearly caught my son's arm in it when it did not engage properly and slid back open. The tint came off and the dealership backed it into a pole.
  • hammy233hammy233 Member Posts: 24
    And here I thought/felt I was overeacting.....back when i first started posting about all the problems I had with my 05 Relay (both of them)just before Xmas Gm bought mine back, it took alot of pressure and phone calls and threats to call my lawyer, and notify Dept of Transportation, but in the end I beat the "Corporation" I come back here once and awhile to this forum to see how things are going, it makes me mad to see that these issues are still occuring it`s also nice to see that a few of us went through the process and managed to get buy backs. I posted and vented on a few sites, one actually banning me for venting , anyways I think GM should finally come clean on this they should step up to the plate and admit these "Vans" are lemons before somebody gets killed, I recieved and read messages and emails of brake failure, sliding doors opening by themselves air bags deploying, how long before one of them catches fire. I received an annonomous letter form a ex-van owner who was told that Gm said the wiring in the vans weren`t heavy enough.....you know what happens to wires that get overloaded? I`m a Fire fighter go ahead ask me? Some of you may say what do I care, you got your buyback. I just want to see the right and proper things occur. :lemon: :lemon:
    Don't want to ignore warning signs here, but if these vans were prone to ignite, I'm sure some would have done so by now and they'd all be recalled. However, your theory on the electronic bugs makes sense. If it were something as simple as an alternator replacement the problems would be solved by the TSB on the issue. It likely is something more substantial.

The only brake issue I've heard of relates to a Stabilitrac malfuntion, not the normal operation of the braking system. For the majority that don't have stabilitrac, this shouldn't be a concern. I did read one instance on this site regarding the doors opening by themselves, but I hadn't heard about the airbag deployment before. Wiring...that could be causing all of it. But, why do most vans not seem to have the really bad stuff, just the slight pulsation in the headlights like I experience?
  • soderholmdsoderholmd Member Posts: 47
    Wow it is hard to believe the complaints going on here. I have had zero problems with my 05'Relay. It has a gorgeous interior, is quiet, comfortable and and has amazing standard features. I have been averaging 22 mpg and yes - the kids love the DVD - should be standard on every minivan. I know there have been some common issues, but that happens with all companies for goodness sakes! It almost sounds like a lot of sour grapes out there - I have concern about anyone saying that the vans are going to kill people or burst into flames. That borders on slander... :surprise: .....If you have issues, get them fixed or taken care of and move on. Tell your story to inform others and be done with it - to continually bash a product over and over again gets tiring :confuse: .
    If it was YOUR van that had the door open while you were driving with your kids in the back seat, you would have a bit to complain about as well. Can you imagine going 65-70mph down the interstate with your three year old next to a door that opens on its own? THINK ABOUT IT!! Your one of the lucky ones that has a decent vehicle, most of us werent that lucky.
  • soderholmdsoderholmd Member Posts: 47
    We all know you have had some serious issues with your van. GM did buy back the vehicle and it is no longer endangering your family. If that is true, then you really have no more reason to bash everyone and anyone who mentions anything positive with these vans. I am sorry you had issues with the van, but it is over for you now!
  • churulachurula Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your comments on your van. If it weren't for people like you, I and the rest of "problem" van owners would not know we weren't alone and we would continue to let the auto maker make us jump through hoops. I am also afraid to drive my van with my daughter in the car. I purchased my van in July '05, two weeks later the door would not open, took in for service, told it was a dirty connection. Two weeks later while leaving a sports event with my child, my car would not pull out, transmission light on. Turned off car, restarted, pulled out, no problem, no light. Took in for service, they found nothing in the computer that the light had been on! guess I'm crazy. Three weeks later the door locks intermittently locked, and kept locking, each time I changed from park to drive, each gear the locks locked. Two services later they found a bad BCM. Took in for horn not working. Now it's in again and they are pulling the transmission out to repair as I'm still having problems pulling out and the electronic start now isn't working. I'm scared to drive on the highway for fear the transmission light will again come on and the car immediately stop, and cause me to crash & roll at 70mph. I know there are vans not having a problem, a co-worker purchased one two weeks after I did. She's trouble free. I want to be trouble free. I bought and paid a new car price, not for this aggrevation. Those that aren't having problems, say a prayer that you didn't get the car made on Friday....... :sick: ...
    You bet. They told me that's what they do. ha ha. Mine is in the shop for the electronic start not working and a problem with the transmission. Along with other problems I've had. I've been dealing with a customer service rep at Chevy and hope she will assist in having my car replaced. I realize that's probably a long shot.
    Hammy 233....question

How hard was it to get GM to buy back your car. I love the looks of this van, my daughter loves the interior, we bought the one with all options, but has the cloth insert, leather trim. She disliked the Chrysler Town & Country LXi I drove six years (yes, trouble free) because it had leather seats which are cold in the winter. I would be content if Chevy would give me another car and "pray" it had none of the previous problems. Did you hire an attorney or what?
  • pinwillypinwilly Member Posts: 6
    at least someone else has my problem too
    it's amazing people wander why gm is going bankrupt. customer service is terrible.
    its either user error or it's supposed to do that its never their problem when will gm wake up
  • hammy233hammy233 Member Posts: 24
    It took a lot of complaining, going back to dealer for 10 months, finally ended up going to Gm head offices looking for "District Service Consultant Guy" who basically said these were "Normal Operating Characteristics",I wanted him to put it in writing so I could show it to my Lawyer and Transport Canada, we`ll as it turns out he wasn`t there, and I got to talk with someone from the "Executive Review Dept"(no idea what it is)I gave them a copy of a letter I had drafted up and distributed to anybody who had been involved with my Relay`s, yah 2 Relays...(Salesman,Business manager, Sales team leader Service dept mechanic etc) The executive review people got back to me in 48 hours arranged for me to drop off my vehicle at the dealership for some further "testing" 100kms worth, and after all was said and done they contacted me and said While the vehicle was exhibiting "Normal operating characteristics" with all the other issues and our letters and phone calls of displeasure they would buyback the van at no cost to me and offer me anything from the GM umbrella at cost.
    5 Alternators, 2 DVD players 3 radios 4 sets of mouldings, Brakes warped at 3000kms, Ran out of fuel twice with 1/4 tank, seats cushions were deformed, Horn Button,engine whistle(never fixed)headlights spidered and cracked, fuel gauge that read whatever it wanted, 6 disc cd changer that shuffled discs without any reason....etc etc. No lawyers, got the Canadian Vehicle Abitration process rolling but wasn`t required......stick with, you`ll win....... :lemon: :lemon:
  • natenbeckienatenbeckie Member Posts: 10
    We have had all of these problems with our SV6, and had it in the dealer once for most of those. The problems started to return as well as new issues when one day...

The ABS and TC lights came on when the TC kicked in. It would also display the service errors in the DIC. Turn the key off and then back on and the errors go away. According to the owners manual, this is not detrimental to the system operation and should be fixed at the owner's convenience.

Well, not a week and a half later after the first time we saw this, I went to make a semi fast stop and quick turn. Enough for the ABS to kick in a bit. The ABS failed, the brakes locked up all 4 wheels at about 35 MPH, and all 4200 lbs + passengers and cargo slid up and over an 8" curb. It completely destroyed the whole front suspension and frame.

All my kids and my wife were in the car. The cop put on the report that the ABS and TC errors were displayed.

GM is claiming it's not their problem. My insurance company is fighting them and so are we. It's finally out of the body shop after $6500+ in repairs, and it's at a dealer while they figure out what's wrong with the ABS system. They took it out the other day, and they got it to start spitting out tons of ABS errors, so they're seeing the issue. Now they're arguing that it's because of the accident that this is happening.

In the mean time, I still have to have them fix the flickering lights (again), 1/4 tank no gas issue, the surging idle problem, the radio that they never fixed (they ordered us a new one, we went to go in and they called us that day and said they couldn't do it), amongst other issues that I can't remember because we haven't had it for well over a month.

Plus, I don't want to put my family back in this death trap. Who knows what kind of other funny stuff this thing will pull while driving.

Hammy: myself, my wife, and you may need to talk some more. We don't want anything to do with this van any more. We don't even want another GM product. We have more than ample amounts of evidence that proves the ABS failure caused the accident and they're just blowing us off.
    No, it is not over, I said that I am in arbitration now. I am still driving a crappy loaner van and am still making payments on my SV6 which has been parked at the dealer for over 50 days now, so I have reason to complain. I am glad that people are having good luck with their vans. I am on here to answer questions and get answers to questions, NOT TO BASH ANYONE.
    I can give you a few tips on how to handle the arbitration(buyback) process if you would like to talk further about it...
  • fedupwithchevyfedupwithchevy Member Posts: 3
    I can tell you that I am happy for those of you out there that have had no problems with your van. My child was in the back seat when the door came open. His arm almost got caught, if my husband had not jerked him away he would have been hurt. The dealership has now told me after my 7th trip to the dealership, this time it has been there for the past two weeks, that they are trying to get GM to put a new transmisson in it. I have filed a BBB claim, and GM is bending over backwards trying to backswim. I truly feel that they do know that there is something severly wrong with this van. I can't see any reason why they wont recall these vans with as many issues I have seen arise. I pray that when I get it back that GM will replace with another vehicle. My childrens safety is on the line.