Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Uplander/Pontiac Montana SV6/Saturn Relay/Buick Terraza

Comments

• stobarstobar Member Posts: 110
    genmtrfan, I could not agree with you more. Although I've had a few bugs that have needed to be ironed out (which all have been taken care of), I have been very satisfied with my '05 Buick Terraza. Hard to believe that they would phase out a model after only 3 years. I believe there is still a need for minivans, and we decided on the Terraza after comparing gas mileage with many of the SUVs. This will only swing more minivan customers to Ford and Chrysler. We previously owned a '01 Olds Silhouette and once again, we will own a model that is being phased out. I intend on keeping the Terraza for a few years. Here's hoping the new CSV's will have the same capacity as the minivans.
  • 99transportonr99transportonr Member Posts: 5
    Hi bought a 99 Transport 2yrs ago, this summer was out of town visiting friends and trany starting jerking and hard shifting. I checked fluid it was a bit low ( no signs of leaks at all?) has me wondering.Topped it up, has been fine with the exception of a little hard shifting a few times. Had trany fluid flushed a month ago now its got worse. Anyone pulled one apart before any tips, anyone had one replaced? how much? any help would be nice
  • markdelmarkdel Member Posts: 56
    After reading all of the recent posts I thought I would just check in and compare notes. I bought a Saturn Relay 3 (2006) model in October. After the purchace I drove it out to Vermont, from Washington State, and back, a round trip of 7,600 miles. I purchased the version with AWD, as I carry a 400lb powerchair in the back and needed the auto leveling system. I have only one power sliding door, (I wished I could have gotten two of them,) and both front seats are power.
    So far at 12,000 miles or so, I have had no problems. None. The only light flicker I notice is the dash lights will flicker when under hard acceration. I suspect the alternator/regulator cannot keep track of the load when all of the lights are on, radio, AC, etc. and then have a sudden RPM change...
    But so far no rattles, no whistles, no rotor problems, AC works good (note here: I talked with the service rep about low output and he stated that at some temps, i.e. below 40 or so, the AC just wont run) and have some problems with clearing fog from the windows (see previous note).
    All said and done I would buy it again.

Mark Delagasse
    Yakima, WA
  • gmplusgmplus Member Posts: 1
    I totally agree! I'm currently driving a Pontiac Montana, and am very impressed. I may be a bit biased because I've been a minivan fan since the outset. In my opinion the Montana is an exceptionally responsive and well thought-out vehicle, and given the low price tag it's a tremendous value. Unfortunately, GM mangement has made the decision to abandon the CSV market. I don't know all the factors, but I do know it's typical for GM to kill a program just about the time they "get it right." What's even more ironic is that actually people see the Montana as a crossover. For GM's sake I hope there are lots of buyers looking to spend an additional $10,000 to replace their Uplanders and Montanas.
  • morewasabimorewasabi Member Posts: 58
    2005-2006 Buick Terraza: Reliability
    Trouble Spots

Here's a good link and list of know problems with the GM vans. In this case the Buick. I am sure it fits true for all of its sister models.

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2005-to-2006-buick-terraza-2.htm

Check-engine light: The check engine light may come on due to failure of the EGR valve. The Delphi valve is to be replaced with a Seimens valve kit and have the PCM flashed. (2005-06)
    Electrical problem: The PCM was being replaced for a defective chip under a voluntary emissions recall because it affected the fuel pump and EGR system. (2005)

Electrical problem: If the OnStar system quits or won't come on (no power), but comes back to life if the fuse is removed for five minutes, the vehicle communications interface module must be replaced or else the problem will recur. (2005-06)

Engine noise: A whistling noise from the 3.5L engine during acceleration is corrected by replacing the PCV tube. (2005)

Engine stalling: The engine may not start, may start then quit, and/or assorted warning lights may glow because the wiring connector under the driver seat may get wet and the contacts corrode. (2005-06)

Fuel gauge: The engine may not start or may stall because the tank is empty yet the gauge shows fuel remaining, or the fuel gauge will not show full after refilling due to sulfur corrosion of the fuel level sender and if after treating with Fuel System Cleaner PLUS the problem remains, the sender may need to be replaced. (2005-06)

Headlights: The headlights and interior lights may flicker requiring replacement of the alternator. (2005)

Horn: The horn may require extra pressure on some spots of the steering wheel pad. Softer springs are available to retrofit. (2005-06)

Consumer Guide® Estimated Repair Costs

This table lists costs of likely repairs for comparison with other vehicles. The dollar amount includes the cost of the part(s) and labor (based on $50 per hour) for the typical repair without extras or add-ons. Like the pricing information, replacement costs can vary widely depending on region. Expect charges at a new-car dealership to be slightly higher.

Item Name Repair Cost

A/C Compressor $855
    Alternator $610
    Automatic Transmission or Transaxle $3,240
    Brakes $540
    Clutch, Pressure Plate, Bearing
    Constant Velocity Joints $1,520
    Exhaust System $540
    Radiator $650
    Shocks and/or Struts $930
    Timing Chain or Belt $760
    NHTSA Recall History

2005 Terraza: The emergency brake may not fully disengage when released, causing unintended braking while accelerating, decelerating, or coasting. Dealer will inspect the parking brake lever and replace the rear brake calipers as necessary.

2005 Terraza: When parking brake is released, driver may notice unintended braking while accelerating, decelerating or coasting, accompanied by noise from rear of car.

2006 Terraza: Some vehicles may have a misprinted tire and loading label that lists inaccurate capacity weights. Dealer will replace the label.
  • terraza_ownerterraza_owner Member Posts: 6
    Haven't been to the forum for quite a while but I too had the same experience with my brakes as I drove through the Allegheny Mountains in PA. However, when the downward incline is not so great, the brakes work fine--and they run normally on relatively level ground.
  • ctdisneyanactdisneyana Member Posts: 1
    That vintage van, up to 2000, has problems with the EPC (electronic pressure control)solinoid. The part is around $100.00, but the labor is almost 7 hours. The transaxle side cover hase to be removed and that process is quite involved. The problem can be verified by checking for trouble codes first and following the flow chart for the circuit. The problem you describe I would give a 99% chance of it being the EPC solinoid. My service facility changed quite a few of these solinoids. For the most part though, that transaxle was dependable.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Since this is something other owners might be looking for, I've moved these posts to a new discussion:

Uplander/Montana/Relay/Terraza TSBs and Problem Codes

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• dave_justdavedave_justdave Member Posts: 29
    We have an 06 Terrazza and out of the blue, just had to have the fuel pump replaced. Vehicle would crank but not start, had to have it towed to the dealership for the repair, so a heads-up to all Terrazza owners....possibly others as well of course. Dave
    Anyone know where the fuse is for the Rear Seat Entertainment System (DVD Player)? Everything else is working fine but that so it must be the fuse. I opened the interior fuse panel at the end of the dash (passenger side) and there is nothing marked for the DVD Player or RSE system, just a fuse for the radio and it works fine? Can anyone help - save me a trip back to the Dealer????
    Thanks,
    Dave
    Dave there was similar problem with fuel pumps caused by a faulty PCM (Power Control Module). Did you get your work done under warranty?

Electrical problem: The PCM was being replaced for a defective chip under a voluntary emissions recall because it affected the fuel pump and EGR system. (2005)
    The work was done under warranty - so far, it seems like it was only the fuel pump....no PCM problems. Everything else works fine, though they also found a bad cell on the battery so they replaced that under warranty as well. A bad cell (causing battery drain) on a battery that is less than 16 months old.....great GM quality once again but at least it was all under warranty. Dave
  • edmcedmc Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem on a 2001 Bonneville. Can you give any more details of how the solution was diagnosed?
  • alastanalastan Member Posts: 11
    Has anyone recorded DVDs for use in their van? If so, what recording format works for you? I want to purchase a DVD recorder to record TV shows for the kids to watch, but my Buick owner's manual says that DVD+R and DVD+RW "may or may not be supported by the DVD player" and that other DVD formats do not work. I don't want to waste money on a recorder if recordings won't work in the van.
  • jerrywimerjerrywimer Member Posts: 588
    I've been copying our VHS tape collection over to DVD+R discs. The brand and lot of discs themselves can make as much difference as the type (+R vs. -R). The brand I've been using so far is Verbatim, and have a purplish tint to the recording surface.

And these also seem to play fine in the van, though the green label Verbatim +RW discs worked pretty well too.

The first bunch of recordings I made was using an MPEG2 converter connected to my PC (input video / audio to the MPEG2 box connections, connected it to the PC using USB2 port), along with some editing software and the DVD burner in my PC. But by far the most of my copies have been made since I purchased a Philips standalone DVD recorder and hooked it up in my entertainment system.

The Philips works pretty much like a VCR, if a bit slow to initialize when you first turn it on and slow to load disc information when you insert one (recorded or blank). The reason I bought it was that it's much quicker and easier to use than the PC route, which usually involved tons of software and settings. With the standalone I just select the input I want to record, insert a blank disc, and set the recording quality mode (HQ, SP, SPP, LP, etc.) like you'd do for a VCR tape. It shows me the image from the source along with a brief display of the recording time based on the blank I have inserted and the recording mode I've selected. Then it's basically just hitting the record button to start and the stop button to end (or using the quick setting that lets you set it to record 30, 60, etc. minutes). It can also be programmed to record a certain channel at a certain time, and appears to have VCR+ built in, but I only use mine for dubbing old VHS tape to DVD, so I can't vouch for how well it works using those features.
  • rlmiller9rlmiller9 Member Posts: 48
    We have a 2005 relasy that has the same problem, normally not till 80mph, but depending on the wind speed and direction it can be deafning at 60 !!!
  • skunk1skunk1 Member Posts: 1
    I got a letter from my dealer. It says that they have been looking for 2005 Terraza to re-purchase. Is this a come-on or for real. Anyone else have this lettter? :)
    Giant come on, you have the car (like me) it is decent, but people are looking for this ?
    I am sure you already knew the answer to this, but hey :)
  • tayerstayers Member Posts: 1
    I have ANOTHER issue with my '06 Terraza. I noticed yesterday while my headlights were on. The switch was on "auto" and it was a sunny 95° day outside. I flipped the switch off and received the warning message "Headlights Suggested". It seems as thought the daylight sensor had stopped working and my car now thinks I need to run my headlights all the time. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    How many times has this happened? Have 22,000 miles on our 05 Terraza and its been pretty much trouble free. Only exception was a bad heater hose connection that had to be replaced when we first got it. Its been a very fun and useful minivan with most people complimenting the ride and look.

Just took it on a long trip up and down mountain roads and got 21plus MPG round trip. On the highway getting over 24 as high as 27 with the 3.5 ltr engine.
  • uplanderguyuplanderguy Member Posts: 16,055
    For the most part I have liked our Uplander. I think it's probably the best-looking minivan out there, except for maybe looking straight-on from the back (too much like Venture there!)

Things that have driven me a little nuts include the rotors (cut twice now in 32K miles; I anticipate getting new ones for free at or near 36K); a slight but persistent rattle near the front of the overhead console that the dealer's shop tech couldn't hear; my wife and kids are claiming the DVD eject button doesn't work every time; and perhaps the most bothersome--the road noise from those Goodyear Integritys! They're the second set, too--I got them at 20K for almost nothing since I complained how noisy the original ones were...almost like a 'monster truck'. These ones are getting there. I do think some of it might be that my Chevy dealer admits to not rotating tires the way the owner's manual says to...they only go front-to-back unless you tell them otherwise (even though their invoices say "Rotate tires per specs"). I don't believe I ever got a correct rotation there until this last time, at 29K. I marked the tires and they did get it right, but I had to tell them to do it this way!

Bill P.
    2024 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT; 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT; 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS
    I like the way the Uplander looks. I saw one with tricked out rims and tires. It was looking real cool! These GM Vans actually standout in a crowd. I have to think that there are better tires out there then the GoodYear Integrity's. They are GoodYear's low end tires. The Buick's Integrity's seem to be quiet, but that may be from the Buick's quiet tunning where they put additional foam between the wheel wells.
    Regarding your rotors, can you request heavier duty rotors? Maybe pay the difference? I not looking forward to rotor problems. My wife drives the Van mostly and she's a heck of lot easier on brakes than I am. So, maybe we won't face this problem for a while.
    We have a little rattle but learned to live with it. It's from the passenger side sun visor, where the visor arm goes into the ceiling. If I put my hand on it while driving the rattle stops. Doesn't bother me since I usually play the radio and the rattle is not loud at all.

We're still pleased with the Van and the price we paid that included all of the extras. We really would have had to pay Toyota or Honda about $10K more for the same features. I have 3 kids and that extra $10K goes a long way. :shades:
  • tmannisitmannisi Member Posts: 2
    Our Montana has under 20,000 miles, I took it in for vibration when braking. They told me this problem was not covered due to regular routine maintenance! Any Help?
    Not true!! Ask them to show you where in your warranty booklet it says that rotors are not covered. It mentions pads and linings, but rotors are neither. I had mine resurfaced on my Uplander free by my dealer, at 22K miles.

Also, you may ask them to look at the multi-page GM Service Bulletin about checking rotors, put out in summer '06, that mentions that dealers should also even "consider" replacing brake pads for free--which are clearly listed in the warranty booklet as owner responsibility--for up to 24K miles. If they should "consider" doing this, why wouldn't they resurface rotors under warranty? This is clearly a case of the Service Dept. not fully understanding the GM New Car Warranty.

Bill P.
    2024 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT; 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT; 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS
  • tjhsmithtjhsmith Member Posts: 25
    Call GM customer service and appeal -- it can't hurt and you might not have to pay the full cost of the repairs. I had this exact same situation happen to me. My Uplander's rotors were warped at mileage in the low 20,000-mile range. The pads were also worn and had to be replaced. The dealer told me that the work wasn't covered by the warranty, since the brake problems were the result of "normal wear." No way is it normal to need this work done at such low mileage. I appealed to GM customer service and they reimbursed me for the cost of the rotor work and some related repairs, but I had to pay for new brake pads. So although they wouldn't come through for the full cost of repairs (like I think they should have) at least I saved a couple of hundred bucks.
  • vince730vince730 Member Posts: 4
    GM really is falling behind the other minivan makers. The minivans need to add features that are normally standard liking power roll down second row windows and power rear vents STANDARD on ALL models. The safety ratings are unnaceptable and side curtain airbags MUST be added. Even if it costs more, its for the safety of our kids. Without these safety features, we are putting our childrens lives in jeapordy everyday, when were just going out for a simple drive. The only feature I really like is the standard dvd player in the car
  • writerwriter Member Posts: 121
    "GM really is falling behind the other minivan makers. The minivans need to add features that are normally standard liking power roll down second row windows and power rear vents STANDARD on ALL models."

No. You are assuming that everyone is "just like [you]" and I am not. I will comment on the power stuff later.

"The safety ratings are unacceptable and side curtain airbags MUST be added. Even if it costs more, its for the safety of our kids. . . ."

What kids? I have no kids. I bought a minivan mainly to carry cargo. If you are just carrying kids, why not just buy a passenger car? Now back to your desire for "power roll down second windows."

I thought you wanted your vehicle to be "safe for kids"? If you want to put kids in the second row seats, then do you want them falling out of open windows?

I buy vehicles with air conditioning and rarely open windows at all. My car (yes I have both a car and a minivan) does not have power windows. You might not know this, but just about every testing group as confirmed that there is no significant energy saving if you turn off your AC and open your windows. In fact, depending on the vehicle, at higher speeds, you are probably getting worse mileage with the windows open.

Also, they are a waste of money simply buying the vehicle in the first place -- yes, you do pay for "standard" stuff like power windows if they are included.

Lastly, they just add more bits and pieces to go wrong. In our family we have had some cars with power windows and just about every car with power windows (even Japanese cars) has eventually had problems with them. Usually it is the little switches in the doors to control the windows that go bad. True, not all the switches go bad. Usually it is just one. But that one is enough of an annoyance.

The same applies for "power rear vents". I have 1 power rear vent in my minivan. I have opened it exactly once, to see if it works. It does. So now what? Am I supposed to turn on my air conditioner and then open the vent to let the cool air out? Is that what it is for? Or maybe I am supposed to play with it until the motor breaks so I can pay to get it repaired. Is that the point? Or is the point to add unnecessary weight which wastes fuel to show off that I have money to burn? (No, I do not.)

So you want all GM vehicles to be the same? Good. Get rid of all that nonsense. Put the money into better construction, better built motors and transmissions, longer warranty coverage. If all GM minivans should be the same, then *that* is what they should be like.
  • gclemmgclemm Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone else out there know about the Sit and Lift option for the Uplander/Montana/Terraza?
    I saw it on a GM parts website. It's about $4k. Just wonder if it's easy to install and worth the price.
    Thanks
  • gclemmgclemm Member Posts: 3
    I'm thinking of purchasing a 2006 Uplander/Terrazo/Montana and wonder if anyone out there views the AWD model as worth the loss of power from a smaller engine vs. the increased power of the engine that comes with the FWD model.

Also, does the AWD perform well in the snow and wet weather as far as traction around curvy roads and on hills?
  • schwangschwang Member Posts: 7
    I am assuming this is in US $$. In Canada it is $7550

https://www.acc-acc.ca/acc/main/accdetail.asp?partid=2303&orgpartid=544510.

Don't know about installation but it should be simple enogh to figure out. The only part would be getting the electricity to the chair for operation.
  • schwangschwang Member Posts: 7
    I have only owned FWD vehicles and never had a problem in the snow. AWD just means more money when it comes time to repair etc....

As for the traction control in the rain it might be a worth while investment depending where you lived. If you live in a constant rainy city live Vancouver,BC it would pay for its self .... lol :)
  • tmannisitmannisi Member Posts: 2
    We own a 06 Montana AWD. We previously owned a 99 Olds Silhouette FWD. The difference in the ride and handling alone is worth the AWD model. Although the Buick Terraza has the independant rear suspension on AWD/FWD except on 07 models.
    As far as performance goes, there is not a lot of difference because the AWD has an axle ratio of 3.69 versus 3.29 on FWD. We tow a boat that weighs 3,000 pounds, and I feel the higher number axle ratio does a better job. The 3.9 V6 with AWD would have been the ultimate, but GM did not offer that.
    We had a mild winter in St. Louis last year, but just playing around the AWD was certainly reassuring!
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    AWD is a waste of money for most winter driving conditions. Also, there are additional maintenance costs (e.g. service to rear drive train) that can get very expensive when the vehicle is out of warranty. Invest in 4 Blizzak snow tires and 4 steel rims and you'll be fine in the winter with FWD. Just my opinion.
  • badsaturnbadsaturn Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2005 Saturn Relay FWD. It is a piece of junk!!!! I've tried to work with Saturn to get me out of the vehicle....no luck, all they do is offer an extended warranty. The van has been in the shop at least 10 times since we purchased it. Nothing major, just a bunch of annoying problems including: brake issues, sliding door problems and other numerous problems. They never have the parts in stock so it requires a return visit to the dealership. It has been one hassle after another! Do yourself a favor and AVOID the Saturn Relay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • badrelaybadrelay Member Posts: 3
    I feel the same. I owned a Saturn SL2 and was so excited when I heard they were coming out with a minivan/crossover. I have a 2005 Relay 3 AWD that has been nothing but problems. It has been in the shop for the past 6 weeks for transmission/transfer case/transaxle fixes, 3 times I've gotten it back and brought it back the same day- 1 time it was towed, this last time it had to be put on a flatbed. Most recently, the car completely seized up going 35mph with both kids in the car- 3yrs and 1yrs old. spun around and came to a stop facing the wrong way in the opposite lane. GM must be INSANE if they think I'm putting my family back in this car! I can't understand why GM would risk a multimillion dollar lawsuit to buy me out of a $35,000 car. THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I CAN IMAGINE! STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR!
  • rawirirawiri Member Posts: 1
    Our 05 Uplander consistently pulls to the right and has done since day one. Has anyone else had this problem? Our dealer has done numerous wheel alignments but it hasn't worked.
  • gmunrogmunro Member Posts: 1
    2005 uplander problems- front and rear rotors replaced ,front and rear brake pads replaced,no warranty.Wheel bearings front both sides,stabilizer bar,left tierod end repalced,rear wiper motor,van has 94000 kms on it just wondering what is going to fail next.
  • jcscratchjcscratch Member Posts: 2
    Can you listen to a CD or the radio while a DVD is playing in an Uplander? (Assuming, of course, that headphones are being used for the DVD player.)
    Yes you can, it is easy and I believe the default behavior. My wife and I did that many time. There is a selection on the radio to make it push out the dvd sound if you want, but it is not the default.
  • jcscratchjcscratch Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. Our decision is down to a 2007 Uplander w/ 23,000 miles for $16,500 or a 2007 Town and Country (base model, no frills) w/ 2600 miles for $18,000. Both have DVD (a must!) But I don't think that you can listen to the radio in the Chrysler while a DVD is playing--I can't find headphone jacks on the DVD.

The Uplander's got a lot more frills and gets about the same milage, so we're leaning that way.
  • iglooigloo Member Posts: 8
    On my '05 Terraza, I noticed that under the handle where it touches the paint, there are black marks. I read that there is a fix or a TSB that will have the handle away from the paint by some small amount, so it would not be touching the surface. Has anyone have the TSB or some more information about what parts are used to fix the issue?
  • kimberley2kimberley2 Member Posts: 2
  • kimberley2kimberley2 Member Posts: 2
    Here's one for you all - I forced my dealers to include crossbars on my 2005 uplander--He installed venture? crossbars. How do i remove them -- on long highway trips they are noisy and I'm hoping for better gas millage--Any ideas?
  • infinia1infinia1 Member Posts: 174
    i'm probably going to purchase a new 07 terraza cxl within 2 months. i'm curious how owners of 2007 terrazas/uplanders/relays feel about the vehicle. are most of the bugs worked out of the 2007s? what are some issues 2007 owners are having? any comments on the terraza specifically? thanks.
  • vanman1vanman1 Member Posts: 1,397
    I have not heard of any major issues with Terraza. Our friends have one.

We just placed an order for a 2008 Montana SV6 extended (they still sell them in Canada). Should be ready for March 1. Looking forward to the upgrades from our 2004 Montana regular wheel base. We have really enjoyed the Montana and it was a real work horse for my wife's business.
  • lilolbrennlilolbrenn Member Posts: 6
    :mad: My 2005 Buick Terraza does the same thing. I bought one in CA and noticed it pulled to the right. I went back to the dealer and had be bring up another van same year make and model. Same thing it pulled to the right.

I went to other car dealerships just out of spike and test drove three different vans all same year make and model. They ALL pulled to the right.

I contacted GM. They told me they are aware of the problem, but are not doing any recalls. They only had 3 complaints so far on file. They have to meet a quota of complaints before the issue a recall. Two years later no recall. I thought they siad it had to do with the traction control.

This is the same issue with the Uplander. GM did replace an entire set of tire for one person because the wear on the tire tread.

My advice is to call GM and/or write to file your complaint. I was #4 on the list.

Hope this helps. If you dont believe me go and test drive your model on a lot. They made the 2006 with the same problem
    I remember reading that the pulling to the right problem was due to how the vans were shipped. Something about how they are tied down underneath in the front for shipping.

Our 2005 does not pull.
    You say you had to replace both front wheel bearings...is your 2005 Uplander an all-wheel drive, or not? Mine is not.

What were the symptoms of front wheel bearings needing replacement? Just today I had our dealer replace the steering rack and put four new brake rotors on. It steers and brakes wonderfully, but my wife pointed out that it is making an absolutely new noise, and I agree. When you drive down the road, we now hear a low hum that reduces when you slow down and stops when you stop. Wheel bearings come to mind. I can't get it back in to the shop for a few more days. I'm a particular customer and I'm sure they'll roll their eyes when I come back in there.

Thanks,
    Bill
  • bill_mcgoniglebill_mcgonigle Member Posts: 13
    Sounds like our '05 SV6/AWD. We just had the second front wheel bearing done - the left went at 40K (miles) and the right at 46. The rotors have all been replaced - we've been having pulsing problems since 7K miles, and it's been in probably 6 times. We've had to replace tires every 15K miles - this time I put Nokian WR-SUV with silica and a 50K mile warranty on them to see how it does. Brakes and pads too, but no tie rods or stabilizers (yet?).

It's specific to this vehicle. I drive a '99 Outback and before that a '96 K1500 (which is still around) and we've had none of these kinds of problems with those vehicles. I think the Outback still has its factory wheel bearings at 150K miles and the brakes have been done two or three times with one new set of rotors. The truck has gone 40K since I've had it without needing either, and I plow with it.

Hopefully our kids will be out of the minivan age bracket soon - this unit has the best ground clearance of any AWD minivan, which we need on our road between slow plowing and impressive ruts, but it's a turkey and the 3/36 warranty stinks. It'll be paid off in a few months, thank goodness.

I bought the Pontiac based on my positive experience with the Chevy truck, but I'm unlikely to buy another GM, at least not a truck. My Subaru has been great, and they're advertising that 95% of their vehicles sold in the past 10 years are still on the road, so I think we'll get another one for our next vehicle. If they're just get off their duffs and make a minivan, they couldn't keep 'em in stock in New England.
  • infinia1infinia1 Member Posts: 174
    Do these vans (specifically Terraza) not have power ports in the front for cell phones??? I would have to charge my cell phone in the power port in the cargo area??? I find this hard to believe in a 2007 vehicle!!! :mad: