Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Uplander/Pontiac Montana SV6/Saturn Relay/Buick Terraza

1505152535456»

Comments

• elibomelibom Member Posts: 9
    The power doors can be repaired if you have someone that has electrical abilities. The springs in the door plungers will rust out and not make connection, the springs can be replaced with springs from a h,ware store. to completely fix the problem the plungers need to have small flexible wire wires soldered to the back end of them and to where they make the slide connection this is a lot easier than it sounds, an Elec-Tech should have no problem with it. I did the plungers on my 06 SV6 and have had no problems since 2008. There is a switch in the door at the rear door latch, it can be removed cleaned repacked with silicon grease and replaced this is not an easy job but can be done.
  • elibomelibom Member Posts: 9
    The power doors can be repaired and the Chime will go away, if you have someone that has electrical abilities. The springs in the door plungers will rust out and not make connection, the springs can be replaced with springs from a h-ware store. to completely fix the problem the plungers need to have small flexible wires soldered to the back end of them and to where they make the slide connection this will bypass the bad connections in the plunger box, this is a lot easier than it sounds, an Elec-Tech should have no problem with it. I did the plungers on my 06 SV6 and have had no problems since 2008. There is also a switch in the door that can get crud in it and not work. it is in the door in the rear latch. It can be removed cleaned repacked with silicon grease and replaced this is not an easy job but can be done. I had to remove the door panel to get to this switch.
  • neuman5neuman5 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had experience with this message, every time I start my 2005 SV6 the digital display shows the AWD drive disabled. I am afraid of the cost to take it to the dealer. Any ideas, experiance. This has been going on for about a month.
  • markdelmarkdel Member Posts: 56
    I had the same problem it was the differential pump.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    neuman5,
    I would recommend at least speaking with a dealer about your concerns. Let them know you are worried about costs and see what information you can get up front. If you email me your VIN I can look into recall information. I look forward to speaking with you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • philg7philg7 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Buick Terraza and the passenger side door also chimes all the time. I tried to adjustthe door which did not work. How can I tell if the plunger is the issue?
  • heidi41heidi41 Member Posts: 1
    We have an 07 Uplander with the power sliding door on the passenger side. I'm going to lose my mind driving this van. The alarm will not stop going off. We've had it in 3x in the past month...to a CHEVY DEALERSHIP! And it's still not working. We have turned the automatic door off and used it manually but still have the alarm problems. Yesterday I had to get out and slam the door 8 times and still ended up driving to work with the alarm going off. Has anyone had success in getting this repaired?? They've installed a new actuator...didn't help. Now they claim it's a door handle issue - it's broke inside because we have to slam the door all the time! I love the space this van offers for kids, hockey gear and dogs, but I will not drive another!
  • uplanderguyuplanderguy Member Posts: 16,093
    On my old '05 Uplander, whenever the door would bounce back open or the chime would start, I'd shut the car down, wait a couple seconds, and start it back up. Also, something that seems so minor it shouldn't work, but it always did on mine, was that the six or eight brass-looking squares on the body sill would get yucked-up and rubbing some dry Brillo or the like on them, then wiping away the dust, would make the door shut right. Sounds crazy, but the door got a good connection that way. Good luck.
    2024 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT; 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT; 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS
  • maddog0324maddog0324 Member Posts: 55
    I just replaced the original equipment spark plugs and wires on our '06 Uplander with 105,300 miles. The engine rolls forward quite easily, but holding it forward is the key to this procedure. I did not have a ratcheting strap available to roll the engine forward & hold it in position. I was, however, able to use a long pry-bar to move the engine forward and held it there with some heavy duty bailing wire. In order to have better access to the rear plugs, I removed the coil pack and mounting plate. Once those were out of the way, I could stand on a short step ladder and lean over the engine and get to the rear plugs. After new AC Delco Iridium plugs and Duralast wire set were in place, everything went back without any glitches, for less than $80.00. :)
  • justdandyjustdandy Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever find the cause of this problem? Having the same AWD disabled message at start.