Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gilbogilbo Member Posts: 3
    Is this FWD without Navigation?
  • purdyspurdys Member Posts: 5
    It is AWD with no navigation, plus a few hundred dollars of extra options beyond the Premium Plus package.
  • ultra64ultra64 Member Posts: 19
    Autospies did a TV spot on this topic. The 2005 is a much better deal unless you will keep the car for 10 years.
  • jonesok1jonesok1 Member Posts: 97
    That's only true if you trade it in 2 or 3 years. The longer you keep it, the less it matters. So if you keep it a long time and put a lot of miles on it, the recommendation was to buy the 04.
  • carqueencarqueen Member Posts: 11
    I purchased mine last week from Clear Lake Lexus for 41.1k/extra mats + ttl. Had a wonderful salesman and a great experience (I hate buying cars-first new one in 16 years). The ML system is awesome.
  • mbradymbrady Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a 2005 RX330 from a car broker in Colorado. I paid 40,700 + tax. Mine is AWD, with Nav package (Mark Levinson audio) 18inch wheels. I was told the 2005 is very similar to the 2004, however the base price increased $280. I take delivery in 2 weeks.
    Hope this helps.
    Thank you MBrady for the information in your e-mail. It helps alot! We are in Colorado as well, which clearly suffers from lack of dealer price competition since there are only two dealers in the Denver area.

Your deal through the broker sounds better than the deal quoted to us by the dealer on a 2005 RX330 described in my earlier e-mail (although our deal did not include Nav/Mark Levinson). Specifically, our dealer offered to give us the 2005 RX330 with AWD; the premium plus package; 18" wheels; heated front seats, rain sensing wipers, and headlamp washers; and cargo mats and wheel locks, all for $39,300 plus tax.

Would you please let us know what specific options were included in your deal? You mentioned in your e-mail that your 2005 RX330 includes AWD; Nav/Levinson; and 18" wheels, all for $40,700 plus tax. Does it include any of the other extra options?

Also, would you kindly give us the name and number of your broker so that we can call him/her? I would love to give them our business.

Congratulations on a great purchase!!!
    The options outside of the Nav package includes the heated seats, sensor wipers, 18 inch wheels, cargo mat.

As for my broker, i'm uncomfortable posting his information. If you make your email address available on your profile, i will send his contact information. Let me know.
    Please e-mail me. Thanks.
  • technotechno Member Posts: 3
    Please e-mail me your dealer name and contacts.
    Are they building mark levinsion with no RES. I was told that mark levi comes only with RES on the new vehicles.
    I was given a deal of $42K on 2004 RX330 AWD with navi/marl levi/Rear Netretaiment center with 600 miles on it.
    Please let me know if it is a good deal.
    Thanks.
    can you please e-mail me your dealer details.

Thanks
    My 2005 is ML sound upgrade without RES. Not sure about your deal - I'm no expert. I'd shop the price.
    Mbraddy,
    Yours looks like a better deal. Would u please e-mail me your salesperson name and number. My e-mail address is in my profile.

thanks so much
  • nicolosi1nicolosi1 Member Posts: 14
    I got the premium plus package, no dvd wasn't interested in that. I bought it in the Flint Mica with black leather - the price was only good for what was on the lot. The final price was 38,891 w/ TTL included in that price was my trade in at 14K at Ray Catena LExus. If you want great deals on what is left now is the time, they are pushing them out but I think all they may have left is black on black and all models have navigation in them
  • silvereagle2silvereagle2 Member Posts: 23
    I put 38K miles on my 2001 RX 300 and loved the car. My 2004 RX330 is my 5th Lexus(my wife drives a 2001 GS 300/ML/Nav) and is so much better in my opinion than my 2001. I wouldn't have bought it if it was otherwise. The turning radius is so much tighter, the handling is better, it is quieter,the remote rear door opener is a plus, more roomy up front and feels more luxurious to drive. The rear vision isn't as good, but you get used to it. My wife and I like the console so it may just be personal preference. I like the new Nav system and the feed system for the CD player. My previous 4 Lexus used the 6 pack system and I think the single feed is more convenient. All in all, I don't miss my 2001 RX 300.
  • readyalreadyreadyalready Member Posts: 22
    I'd appreciate an email with the Denver sales/broker info too, thanks
  • boudreauxboudreaux Member Posts: 1
    do you happen to know the full sticker price of the new RX330 you mentioned?
  • dogsambamdogsambam Member Posts: 69
    We were at a Lexus dealer in Chicagoland area. he said they are selling the car under invoice+past Lexus cash. How low do you think i can go on a 2004 RX330 with Premium Plus package, mats, and locks?
  • dgraysondgrayson Member Posts: 27
    Can you let me know what Lexus dealer you were working with. I am tinkering between this and next years model. My email is in my profile.
  • pandora261pandora261 Member Posts: 2
    Hello All,

Can anyone suggest a "good" dealership or sales person for Lexus in the bay area (CA)? I am looking to purchase the RX 330 with navigation for under invoice...is this even possilbe?

Thanks in advance for the heads up!
  • pandora261pandora261 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Whit,

Was this dealship in CA?

I'm looking to purchase the RX 330 with navigation only in N. CA.

Thanks,
    Kim
  • cruisin13cruisin13 Member Posts: 1
    If you don't mind me asking, what were your document fees? I live in PA and I am told their fee (besides the LDA) is $300 plus I have to get the car inspected for PA. Thanks.
    Does anyone know what the difference will be with the 2005 RX330?
  • nareshnaresh Member Posts: 2
    If you want to get 2004, then you might be able to get it for Invoice price.

I am looking for 2005, but haven't found any dealer willing to sell for less than Inv + $1500 and I am in bay ares as well.
  • becca20becca20 Member Posts: 1
    Naresh,

Which dealer is it that sells the 2005 for $1500 over invoice in the Bay Area?

Thanks.
    I went to a Chicago area dealer last night. Was quoted 37800 for a 41200 car. I think this is a little high, considering the 05s are out now. Shouldn't his car be a below invoice at this point? What should this car be selling at now?
  • fallmanfallman Member Posts: 9
    Can you tell me which state is Prestige lexus located?
  • fallmanfallman Member Posts: 9
    I am trying to get a good price in Western New York region or close by. The dealers here are very arrogant. They smile if you tell them that you want to pay less then the retail price. I do not mind driving few hundred miles. Anyone knows good dealership in Western NY, anywhere in NY, Eastern Ohio, Northern PA or western Massachussetts.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 2004 or 2005 model with Navigation and Rear Entertainment Center.
  • nareshnaresh Member Posts: 2
    Check out carsdirect.com, they are selling 2004 model for $1000 over Invoice. They don't show the 2005 models yet.
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Member Posts: 1,289
    Prestige LExus is located in New Jersey. Specifically in Ramsey, NJ(north NJ).
  • ronlexronlex Member Posts: 1
    I'm planning to buy 2004/2005 RX330, AWD, Premium or Premium Plus package.

With Nav, MSRP of 2004 RX330 is $44288. The dealership quoted me $40788 or 4% above Invoice.

Is it a good price? Anybody had experience in buying RX330 around Kentucky?
  • lv204lv204 Member Posts: 3
    I had a very bad experience in Tustin Lexus. When I walked in their lot, one sales approached me as they always do. I told him that I am looking for 2004 RX330 premium pkg w/ NAV and I am looking for the price around 42K to 43K(out the door). And, he told me he is sorry and he walked away (he never tried to bargain with me). Do you guys think that was a good attitude to treat customers? Then, I went to Longo Lexus and bought my dream car (RX330 premium pkg w/ NAV black in black) for 42.9K (out the door) w/ one oil change free. My sales is very nice and easy to deal. No hassle and I walked out the door with my car within one hour. If you guys live in Southern California and looking for 2004 RX330 (they told me that they still have around 5 left in different options)...... Go to Longo Lexus, that'll be one of the best choice...... You won't regret.... :-)
    Dont' go to Tustin Lexus...... You will be sorry...... 

If you need the contact info in Longo Lexus, email me...
    We are trying to buy a AWD RX330 in Northern Illinois. Each dealer seems to have their own version of "invoice price." We are so confused because all the dealers have dozens of 2004 cars on their lots, but are still trying to sell the cars for a nice profit. Any clues on how to get a car at or beow invoice? They claim that the NAV car is 1500-2000 over invoice, and the regular is 500-1500. We are so confused because it is the end of the model year and the 2005s are either on their way, or already at some dealers. I think invoice is fair at this time of the year. Please advise. We feel lke we are going nuts.
    More help requested!!! My spouse and I are at the final stages of making a decision to purchase a 2005 RX330. Getting conflicting information from local dealers. Please let us know what prices are being offered to you (either by dealers or auto brokers) on 2005 RX330's. We're looking at RX330's containing either the Premium Plus package or the Premium Plus + Nav (without Mark Levinson) packages. Many thanks in advance!!!
  • romyromy Member Posts: 3
    thanks for sharing your experience. we want the Lexus hybrid, but cant wait for it. We'll buy the rx330 instead. did you get a pricing on the 2005 models. who's the contact?
    I did not get the pricing on 2005 model since is not close to invoice price and hybird is around 48K to 50K(one option - full loading). You can give me your email and I will provide the contact. Wish you luck...
    I don't think you can get the car at or below invoice price. But, what I heard and experienced was you could get much closer to invoice price by choosing base model. If the dealers in your area still have lots 2004s, I think you can get a decent price. I might not provide the useful info you want. So, good luck~
  • bpatch2bpatch2 Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know if Lexus introduced any new paint colors for the 2005 RX330 models? Thanks!
  • eric2eric2 Member Posts: 14
    2005 Rx model already available in many dealership in So Cal. I got a quote from dealer for a 2005 rx330 fwd + Premium Plus package + navigation + 18" alloy wheels + rain sensor wiper. MSRP $42600. "out the door" price is $42000. Is this a good deal? doesn anyone find better deal in LA area?
    Thanks a lot. Please reply to romyruan@yahoo.com.
    What's the difference between the 2004 and 2005 models of the RX330?
  • eric2eric2 Member Posts: 14
    from Lexus.com 2005 RX330 has include more features those are previously optional "...for 2005 with eight-way power for the front passenger's seat, ten-way power for the driver's seat, wood and leather trim for the steering wheel and shift knob, AM/FM/CD stereo, and a power rear liftgate (previously optional) that's easier to use than before", but the base MSRP price increase $500 as well.
  • jthwongjthwong Member Posts: 1
    At the end of August I bought a 04 RX330 FWD with Nav (which includes the premium package) and 18" wheels... for $38,200 (plus destination)! I got a price on line from Glendale Lexus and I wanted to look at the car again before I responded to Glendale Lexus, so I went to Keyes Lexus. I liked it and dealership was willing to match the on line price I got from Glendale Lexus! I think I did quite well!

the '05 includes things like adaptive headlights and voice recognition in the premium and nav package. I really would have liked the voice recognition feature, but hey, I only paid about $700 over invoice! I'm happy! Hope that helps. If you'd like more info, email me at wongtehan@yahoo.com.
  • davo418davo418 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking at 2004 AWD w/premium plus pkg and navigation in the NY/NJ area. Was quoted price of $39,500(w/o negotiation)for demo with 5800 miles and MSRP of $44,288 at Prestige in Ramsey, NJ. Was told because of milage, price was $1500 savings off "new" 2004 (which would be $41,000). Carsdirect shows 2004 invoice price of $39,197. Was quoted 2005 price by Lawrence Lexus of $41,874 and $43,138 by New Country in Albany, NY. Thought I could find 2004 AWD with premium plus and navigation and get a deal, but they appear to be hard to find now. All prices are w/o tax and title. what would be a reasonable deal for the 2004 demo or 2005 model? Any other good dealers in the area - I have an inquiry into Ray Catena in Larchmont that has not been returned.
  • rxbob23rxbob23 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Congrats on your new Lexus RX330. I'm also in the market for the same combination as your Lexus. Could you e-mail me the contact person at Longo Lexus? I also had a pretty bad experience at Tustin Lexus. I live in Orange County and wouldn't mind driving up to Longo to see if I could get a good deal like you. Thanks!

P.S. Did your package include 18" wheels too?
    Bobby
  • breakmasterbreakmaster Member Posts: 2
    Eric2-

That sounds like a great deal, as I was quoted $39,500 out the door, without nav. Can you share the dealership you got the quote from?
    I live in Nor Cal but head down South 2-3 times a year. The deals sound much better down there!
    Thanks
  • mb280mb280 Member Posts: 27
    Don't really know if the price is right, but I can tell you that Prestige is about the most accomodating dealer I have ever dealt with. I have not always like my car but the dealer has been great.
  • ctrxctrx Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2005 RX 330 Flint Mica/Black interior with NAV for $41,500. Felt pretty good about it, given it's the first one off the line and MSRP is $44,800. Anyone getting better deals? Bought this one in Connecticut (Southern Fairfield County).
  • davo418davo418 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping to get the 2005 RX330 AWD w/ NAV for about $40,700 but may be a little too optimistic. Any other buying experience on 2005's?
    We are contemplating a 2004 vs a 2005 before the end of the month. What happens to the remaining 2004s? Do they blow them out at way below invoice? In Chicago, every dealer seems to be stuck with dozens of 2004s, each.
This discussion has been closed.