Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rburdirburdi Member Posts: 4
    I was at Stevens Creek Lexus in SJ today dealing with the internet dept. They quoted me a price of $38,857 (before tax & lic) for a 2005 RX 330 with Premium Plus pkg. It was $1300 over invoice according to Cars Direct info.

I did not want Navigation or Mark Levinson pkg's.

Is this good or kind of high?
  • 4424jm4424jm Member Posts: 25
    Both yygg and i bought at stevens creek this week for $38658 with nav. Seems like you are $2000 to $2500 too high . Good luck , internet salesman will work with you. Sorry yours is proably awd my mistake. Should be able to get for 900 over iunvoice
    Oh that's good to know. Yes mine is AWD. I'll be calling him today. I also sent a request off to Magnussen to see what they will do.

Thanks!
  • newestnewnewestnew Member Posts: 16
    I know this post has been a while, but can someone please tell me are those apply only to AZ state or all other states. I am considering buy car from CA because I'll be there for short vocation as well. But don't really know how does the sales tax and all the documentation work? Thanks!!
    btw, 4424jm, what invoice price did you & yygg use?
    i see differences between cars direct & kbb and i forgot to ask for the lexus invoice. did you pay 900 over invoice for yours? also, i found out penske owns stevens creek lexus and cars direct.com! i think that's why cars direct is using them now instead of fremont lexus dealer. appreciate your help.
  • gardencargardencar Member Posts: 293
    If you buy a car outside your state of residence, you don't pay sales tax and reg fees until you register the car yourself, back at your local motor vehicle department. This should save you some documentation fees that a dealership would normally charge. Just to make sure, go right to the source and talk to an internet manager by e mailing a CA dealer near where you are staying. Or, you can call a Bay Area dealer by dialing this number, 1 800 SF LEXUS.
  • 44rayn44rayn Member Posts: 2
    What's the best deal and dealer for purchasing an rx330 with premium plus and navi in Socal? Please share the dealer and sales person if possible. I'm looking for an out-the-door price of $42700 at Longo but know I can do better. Please help. I'm running out of time since this is a gift for my fiance. Eric2, which dealer did you use and who was your salesperson Many thanks in advance.
    thanks gardencar
    so glad to hear someone answer my questions :)

still have few questions in mind:
    But if I don't register car can I still drive in CA during the short vocation? is there a way I can drive there and also ship it back southeast(where I am)?

I also saw someone posted if you don't pay sales tax dealer won't let you drive car away, is it true? I've found some dealers around the area, once I am sure how does this buying out of state work and will save me money I'll definitely go for it.

Last question, if I email manager, doesn't mean I have to take the deal right? Can be just asking for information as well?

thanks again!
    $37721 is correct price. Paid 937 over invoice or $38658.
    Penske owns both stevens creek and longo so you should be able to get the same deal at longo. $38658 for car and about $42200 out the door
    thanks gardencar
    so glad to hear someone answer my questions :)

still have few questions in mind:
    But if I don't register car can I still drive in CA during the short vocation? is there a way I can drive there and also ship it back southeast(where I am)?

I also saw someone posted if you don't pay sales tax dealer won't let you drive car away, is it true? I've found some dealers around the area, once I am sure how does this buying out of state work and will save me money I'll definitely go for it.

Last question, if I email manager, doesn't mean I have to take the deal right? Can be just asking for information as well?

thanks again!
    well thanks for the help jm. stevens creek came down to 900 over invoice, so 42,100 out the door for the 2005 AWD with premium pkg. plus, 18" alloys, towing package, heated seats w/rs wipers & hd headlights.
    About the sales tax, you'll have to call a dealer to find out for sure. I know for a fact that's how it works if you buy a pre owned car. About the shipping, I think that would negate whatever savings you might have, because of the expense.

Lastly, if you e mail the dealership, you are only asking for a quote. You may ask for as many quotes as you want and you are under no obligation to buy until you go to the dealership and sign the papers.
    thanks again gardencar:

I see, so I'll go email dealer to ask them. About shipping, I want to be able to drive around for my vocation and the price here tend to be higher than westcoast. I can't expect price will be cover shipping, but I'll try my best on negociate :) Thanks for the info provided.
    This might be helpful. I once had a thirty-two foot boat transported on a flatbed truck, from the Sacramento Delta to San Rafael. It was roughly a 100 mile trip. However, the guy charged by the hour and the whole event, from securing the boat on the truck, to re launching the boat in San Rafael, took about three hours. The cost was $500 at $100/hr. I had to pay him for total time in transit, which included his two hour return home, minus the boat.

This was about five years ago. With the gas prices up, no telling what they might be charging now. Besides the flatbed truck, you might have other options, such as a multiple vehicle transporter, since autos are much smaller. Look in your Yellow Pages, under Automobile Transporters.

Keep us posted on your progress.
  • rogery1rogery1 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for an AWD with Premium Plus and Navigation packages, either 2004 or 2005. I would like to hear from those recent purchases in Wisconsin or northern Illinois.
    Thanks in advance.
  • buckeye1buckeye1 Member Posts: 41
    From Mission Viejo Lexus here in S.Cal. Used Internet Sales Manager as contact. Negociations were very smooth and professional. Pick-up was informative, friendly and most satisfying. Oh, and we bought the critter for $400 over invoice...the best price I could find in area.
  • jack15jack15 Member Posts: 25
    1,000 over dealer's invoice of 39,638.00. Is this an accurate invoice ? May lease using 40,638 as cap cost.

44,808 MSRP
    40,638 Cap Cost
    24,644 Residual
    36 mos./ 15 k per year.
    MF of .00205

My thoughts are wondering if we could expect better MF? 800+ Credit Score. I thought the price was fair (not a steal) from reading posts here recently. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.
  • eyeskatermumeyeskatermum Member Posts: 7
    I'm so excited - sitting in my garage is my big beautiful shinny new 2005 RX 330! It's so pretty!

But I think I have all you beat on the deal. Mine is loaded with everything but the Navigation and the Rear Entertainment Center. Paid $38,500 + 900. for the Chrome Wheels. Plus they gave me $1,000 over blue book on my trade in. Even got that teflon protective seal for inside and out thrown in!!!! Mines from Lexus of Thousand Oaks CA. It's Big Black with biege leather and the golden maple.

Would add more, but I need to go back outside and look at it some more. I'm just so excited I can't believe it's mine (and the banks too for a while).

C-ya on the roads!
    Oops, typo - make that 36,500!
  • texancpatexancpa Member Posts: 3
    I am interested in purchasing a 2005 RX330, FWD, premium package, MSRP $39,703. I went to Clear Lake Lexus last week for a test drive but have not started the negotiation process yet. Can you tell me how much you were able to knock off the sticker price? Can you give me the name of the person you dealt with or any other helpful information with the pricing?
  • xsecurexsecure Member Posts: 4
    Hi Eyeskatermum - Congratulations for making a great buy ! I am interested in the similar deal .. could you be kind enough to list all the options as line items and let us know the price points. Thanks.
  • scdatm1scdatm1 Member Posts: 9
    Just wondering what experiences anyone has at Westside Lexus in Houston, TX?

Thanks in advance for the help.
  • jack15jack15 Member Posts: 25
    Is yours AWD or FWD ? I'm guessing the latter at that price.
    Tex: Best thing to do is establish the exact model of 330 you wish to buy. Then, establish the invoice price for that model with options included. At that point you having a beginning bargaining position of the invoice price.

A good deal for the 330 would be a few hundred over invoice in most markets. You can get some of this info. from the past month's posts here.
  • rogery1rogery1 Member Posts: 2
    I have quickly worked out a price on a remaining 2004 AWD with Premium Plus and Navigation near the invoice. Is there any room for further negotiation, since I am going to bring in my trade-in tomorrow?
    Thanks in advance.
  • jasonsjasons Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I bought by RX 330 AWD with Navigation and Premium Plus package + 6 disc cd changer for 40,700 (which is 1200-1300 above invoice, MSRP of 44808). Is this the good deal ?

Apart from Titling and tax what other fees can I expect dealer to charge ? My dealer was talking about documentation fee of $150.00. Is this standard ?

-Jason.
  • taweihsutaweihsu Member Posts: 4
    I am in the market for an AWD RX330, 2004 or 2005. What are some of the experience at the local MD/VA dealership?

I am looking to get AWD with performance package, heated seats. what is the best price I can get. the MSRP is 43295. what is a good quote from a dealership?

Thanks for your help
  • bennbbennb Member Posts: 143
    It bugs me how here (Nebraska) where it's not tough to find your way around they don't send out RXs with Premium Plus without NAV, yet in Denver and other larger cities they send them out to the dealerships in Premium Plus without and with NAV. Am I just being cynical, but does this just seem like Lexus' way of milking people who ordinarily wouldn't want the NAV for more cash? I don't really wanna wait and special order, but don't necessarily want the NAV but don't JUST want the Premium package.
  • pcwork1pcwork1 Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership in NJ? I have been trying to get the same deal in NYC.
  • bobg2bobg2 Member Posts: 8
    First of all, let me thank every one who answered my questions or posted their experiences in this discussion board. Without your help, I would be ripped off again :)...

I drove home my 2005 RX330 with $400 over invoice yesterday.

Its a great car! I really enjoyed driving and navigating this baby through a new city where I picked it up. It is really a hassle-free buying experiences, not like the other two dealerships I have talked with. I landed this price with a few email exchanges, very straight forward. Since I was from out of town, the dealer even bought the air ticket for me to pick up (they can deliver too, but I just don't want any body other than me to lay a hand on it! :)...

I think it is the time for me to contribute my buying experience here, I have tried what you guys were suggesting, it works, my 2 cents addition would be -

If you are from a near by city, they seems to be more agressive on getting it lower, since this deal could be other people's lunch!

If you want to know the dealer/internet mgr that I delt with, let me know (give me your email). She is straight forward, stick to her words and easy to work with.

Best :)...
  • bennbbennb Member Posts: 143
    We don't pay taxes until you take the car to register it. There is a $169 documentation fee here as well at the dealership.
    Congratulations on your new purchase. Can you tell me where you made your purchase? I live in Houston and am interested in 2005 RX330, FWD, premium package, MSRP $39,703. Can you tell me how much you paid above invoice? Does this include the destination fee? Thank you for your help.
  • scdatm1scdatm1 Member Posts: 9
    Congrats bobg2. I'm also from Houston and would like to know which dealership you got your deal from and what price they were able to give you for the package you wanted.

Thanks!
  • chaseboychaseboy Member Posts: 30
    Hey bobg2,

Please email me more information on your purchase. I am in the Houston area looking for a good dealer to work with in the state. Thanks.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post.

Who was the dealer Bob?

Steve, Host
    I should appologize for the delay of replying to you all (I just found there are more than one requests for me...), but I was busy driving :)...

She is the internet sale mgr, internation is typo from my last posting, sorry.

Also, there is state tax/inventory tax of 93.07, $50 doc fee and $5 deputy fee I think are typical.

My RX330 FWD has PT NV FT HH TO DC, I think it is typical installed option for southern states.
    Hi folks,

the post that I put there got ruthlessly deleted by the moderator. even most of those postings without any contact info. sighs...

well, here is the dealership that I worked with:
    Sewell Lexus
    6421 Lemmon Avenue
    Dallas, TX 75209
    ask for internet manager

good luck!
    This is a stripped message from my previous posting:

The deal that I got is $400 over invoice. You may want to prepare your invoice price first, since she didn't show me the invoice (you should find invoice info from this discussion group). But she will honor the price she committed - in my case, my MSRP is $43408 and the invoice price is $38381, I paid $38780 + TTL. Plus, she paid my air ticket!

Good luck to every one!
    Mission Viejo Lexus Internet Manager made me a deal at $400 over invoice on a 2005 RX 330. Picked up car a week ago; interface w/dealer was painless, polite and satisfying.

Am posting for those who may be searching for SCal Lexus connection. I did go email to several other regional dealers, but the best anyone of them offered was $1000 over invoice.

As an aside, I've read the 624 page Owner's Manual and it's the real thing. Great detail. I've had to go sit in the car with the manual to "get it".

Good luck to 330 seekers. It's a beautiful vehicle in all respects.
    I have all the options except the Navigation System/Radio and the entertainment system for the back seat. I added Chrome Wheels and The Teflon Protectant inside and out. The Chrome Wheels list for $2,400 but they only charged me for $900 and the teflon was $500. The sticker was $40,258 without the dealer add ons. Package is the Premium + with additional options including the 18 inch wheels and preferred accesory package.

All I can say is that I was told that the car has everything but that navigation system and the Entertainment.

We have discovered there is no ashtray or lighter. Don't really care except I have to figure out a place to put my change!

Did fill up the tank - what a pleasure it was not to pay for 91 octane.
    HI texancpa,

I posted a message to you this afternoon, however, it was deleted :(

Here is the info again:

Before I ended up bought one with NAVigation, I looked the package you are interested too. I actually got a quote from the same dealership. I got the invoice to be $35,317 (MSRP $39,703), the quote was $35717 which is $400 over invoice.

It does already include the destination fee of $625.

Good luck
  • ocuihsocuihs Member Posts: 138
    Looking for 2005 RX330 AWD lease specials in New Jersey, my FIFO score is 700ish.

What are some lease specials for the following combinations? Thank you!

Color: Bamboo Pearl

Options: (1) Navigation with Mark L. audio, (2) Rear Seat Entertainment System, (3) Heated front seats with rain-sensing wipers.

Lease Terms: 4 years/40 to 48K miles.
    Hi bobg2,

Thank you so much for the info. I was quoted $36,392. Do you know how the service maintenance work if you buy from out of town? The dealers in Houston tell me that only their dealership would provide the 2-year free oil change and maintenance if I buy from them. If I buy it from somewhere else, I'm on my own.
  • bobg1bobg1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Texancpa,

Negotiation is always a mind game, you can enjoy it if you know how it works :). If you can look into their eyes, quietly but firmly state your bid, and still enjoy the "moment of truth", I am sure you can get a reasonable deal with any dealership. It would be more enjoyable if you can get the dealers to compete for your business. :)

The quote that I got from the Dallas internet mgr was $35717 or $400 over inv for the exact car (MSRP $39703). I think you should be able achieve that. (I am sure dealers are making more than just $400, even if you pay only said $400 over. They are getting finacial reserves, ads hold backs, and incentives. I would guesstimate that these incentives are no less than $1500. I thought about it but I was never tried to get them. I posted questions on these incentives on this discussion group, no one answered me. I think everyone acknowledge the right that the dealers deserve their profits :)

As far as the maintenance, I think Lexus has 12 mos of free oil change and their maintenance program can be done at all Lexus dealership within continental USA (48 states). I think the extra 12 mos may be a dealer thing specifically from this dealership you talked to. You can calculate it to see what it means to you as it may be 2-3 oil changes and may cost you $150 bucks.

Another thing I noticed with my new car (this may belong to the problem discussion, but since I am here ...) you may want to watch to see if it bothers you: I felt gas pedal kind of soft (or the free play too long) when I preceed from stop to go. My old maxima always give immidiate response when I touch the gas pedal. My new RX330 seems slow in reponse, it may be meant to be more smooth in ride, but at least I am not so used to it yet. I called the dealership tech support, I was told to take it in for a check up (to any dealer near by :). He also said, RX330 since 04 model has used electrical control on the gas throat, not the traditional mechanical linkage. I will have it checked and report back again.

Best,
    thanks again gardencar:

Sorry I reply this late, because I am looking another car now since I am just beginner so I wanted to buy used car just to practice driving skills. But after I take a look all those used car information. For a person like me not understand car AT ALL I can't buy used car, the money cost to fix the car would probably get me a new one.

I asked the transportation fee is $1000 from west to east coast. I actually can't belive you paid for $500 for 100 mile trip and they charge by hour!!! Maybe it was more expensive five years ago So I thought if the price there is cheaper than $1000 that might work. But the trip to LA could be change now, and the car I am looking now is new Scion XA because its cheaper compare to other new cars.(Korea brand not included) However, Scion is a no-haggle brand. I've emailed few dealers their answers pretty much the same. Pure-pricing and no haggle. I am wondering if no-haggle is really no-haggle mean we have to buy in MSRP??

The Scion form here seems not as much post as lexus as far as price and buying experince. I don't know where else has discussion board like Edmunds, but I think I'll try to post in here and see what happens.
  • plano_galplano_gal Member Posts: 1
    Please send me the name of the dealer/internet manager you worked with. My email is lauram@airmail.net

Thanks
    Laura
  • lafooliolafoolio Member Posts: 3
    Thats waaaay too much for that car! i got my RX330 w/ navi and premium plus at glendale for $36,500 before TTL. Out the door i paid $39,850. and they even sent me a huge fruit basket!!
  • ericbell4ericbell4 Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering if anybody had buying experiences in Eastern OH or Western PA on an RX330? Also I have been quoted at $38,500 plus tax for an '04 AWD with the Premium Package. Is this really a good deal? It sounds like people in other areas of the country can buy an '05 for that amount because competition is greater. They'd still be making over $2500 over invoice, not to mention the hidden kickbacks they receive. If this is not a good price, what would be??
  • taweihsutaweihsu Member Posts: 4
    I haven't read anyone that talked about the performance package for the RX330. Did anyone get the air suspension and sequential automatic transmission? Is it worth it to get it or should I just go for the premium plus package instead?

I would like to hear what you guys think.

Any info would help.

thanks
This discussion has been closed.