Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wikilogwikilog Member Posts: 5
    Thanks everybody post the helpful information in this forum. Here is what I just bought an RX in stock from a Lexus dealer in central Texas. The saleman is very helpful. It takes only 30 minutes for us to find the car the seal the deal.

2005 RX330 AWD
    OPTIONS:
    PT Premium Plus Pkg
    TO Towing Pkg
    Z1 Preferred Accessory Pkg
    NV Navigation System
    DC Radio Equipment, 6-Disc CD Changer in Dish
    HH Heated Front Seat
    FT 18" Wheels

Sticker: $44,833
    Paid: $40,083 + 95 (Dealer's Inventory Tax) , 2505.19 (Sales Tax), 100.30 (License), 50(Doc Fee), 21.75 (State Inspec) = 42865.24
  • gottlsgottls Member Posts: 21
    wikilog congratulations on your purchase, I'm jealous. Can you pass on the dealer name and dept. where you bought your car. Also by chance do you happen to know what the dealer invoice was on the car or what the dealer claimed to be making?
  • wantrx330wantrx330 Member Posts: 26
    2005 RX330 AWD

premium plus package
    Navigation
    Adaptive light
    towing package
    Heated seats
    18" wheels
    6 disc CD changer

Out the door price $41,833

What do you all think?
  • briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    Was this from one of the Oregon dealers? Can you tell us which one? Sounds like a pretty good deal for the Northwest!
    It is Lexus of Austin, new car sales. The invoice I got from kbb.com is $39,173.00. The dealer claims the invoice is $39,638.00. There is a difference of $465. He said the invoice from kbb.com does not include the Lexus national advertise fee (I don't know how much it should be). So I paid $445 over dealer claimed invoice. Due to the board policy, I cannot post the saleman name. Post your contact, I can send you private message. Good luck!
    What is the sales tax rate? If it is at 6.25% like Texas, your before sales Tax price is around 39100 (fact into the License and Title etc). It is great deal as you get the car just under the invoice price showed on kbb.com. It is the best price I have seen posted on this forum. Congradulation! I just bought exactly same car in central Texas, I paid $42,865.23 out of door.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    If you post your own e-mail address in a public forum, you're gonna get spam, spam, and more spam. There are 'bots' that cruise message boards looking for just that kind of info. Just make it public in your profile, which you can edit using the "profile" link near the top left-hand side of this page.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mmm2mmm2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Wikilog, can you email me the salesman information (name) using the email posted in my profile? Thanks.
  • wantrx330wantrx330 Member Posts: 26
    This was purchased from Lexus of Portland.

I tried Lexus of Tacoma and they sounded very willing too.
  • rats13rats13 Member Posts: 42
    Bought in SoCal. Wife wanted black/black with nav, heated seats & Mark Levinson stereo. This combo necessitated getting a fully loaded car. We looked for a FWD car in blk/blk and had no luck so we ended up with a AWD blk/blk fully loaded with Nav/DVD/ML stereo/tow hitch/etc reciever.
    MSRP 48,043
    Invoice 41,681 +LDA 465 = $42,146
    Paid 42,500 + tx approx $350 over invoice by my estimate.

It wasn't as smooth as a negotiation as I would have like cuz the salesman quoted me originally $41,900 on the phone (supposedly on the wrong trimmed car by mistake) to compete and the sales manager was stuck on $43k for sometime but he finally stepped up a bit. I think it was when I said I was feeling baited and switch even at $43k and was going to be unhappy at that price.

Overall I think we did well, I just don't know why it has to be so hard at the dealers each time.

Good luck to all and thanks for your help
  • porionporion Member Posts: 2
    I live in Houston and would like to know if anyone out there has gotten a recent good deal at either Westside Lexus or Northside Lexus on a RX330 FWD Premium
  • laurasflaurasf Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

How difficult is it to find a used or demo 330? I would love to have one of these cars, but would like to spend around $32000. I did find one demo with about 9000 miles on it, but they quoted me $35,000, which seems rather close to the price of a new vehicle.

Any thoughts?

And, what do you all think of the reported transmission problems on the 330s?

Thanks,

Laura
  • chipcollectorchipcollector Member Posts: 8
    My wife and I are looking at the Lexus RX 330.

We live in Florida where Jim Moran distributes Toyota. I believe he distributes throughout the Southeast in 4 or 5 states actually. Anyway, in looking at the cars on the dealers lots in Florida, ALL OF THE RX 330's are heavily "packed" with accessories we wouldn't want (or buy) if given the choice.

Now I do realize that many people want these loaded up cars, but some, like myself, don't.

Let me be specific, If you want factory leather seats, you are required to buy a Premium package for $2145 AND about $1200 of OTHER accessories which brings the MSRP to over $39,700.

My question is this....for those shopping in regions outside of the Southeast...are ALL the Lexus' 330 models "packed" with thousands of dollars of extras like here in Florida or is it just greedy Jim Moran inflating the prices (and the profits) of the cars he is importing>?

I say its the distributor and not the dealer since I've been to four Lexus dealers and they are all nearly identically "packed"

Just curious.

Thanks

AL
  • dogsambamdogsambam Member Posts: 69
    We were considering the same thing, but decided to go new. I spoke to a used car dealer friend, and he said the used 2004s are selling used for about 1000-2000 under invoice. He told me that if I can get a new 2005 for anywhere under 2000 over invoice, buy a new car. Good luck in finding one for $32000. I do not even think used wholesale is that low.
  • maylhmaylh Member Posts: 9
    05 FWD with PM+TO package+6CD+rain sensing+18" before TTL. Drive out appr. 38500
  • bennbbennb Member Posts: 143
    It's just the way Lexus chooses to send them out ... easier on the factory that way and I think most people want them the way they send them. You could always order one with EXACTLY what you want on it.

Go to www.lexus.com and go to BUILD YOUR OWN and it will basically bring them up in your area the way they're sending them out to the dealership.
  • audionut1audionut1 Member Posts: 11
    I'll second the notion for getting the '05. The '04's are first year and they have had some problems, such as the engine trans hesitation drive by wire programing glitch. The '05 has a software patch to fix this.

Plus the '05 has 8 way power passenger, vs. 4 way power passenger in the '04. Bluetooth is new for '05 which is packaged with the nav. Now, all packages with hid include the active steering feature. Power hatch and the wood/leather wheel are also standard equipment for '05. All these small things add up and once you factor in not having to deal with first year gremlins... the choice is clear....go '05.

We are in the market for a fwd '05 ML/Nav with RSES...ie, all the toys. We are going to wait until the longshoreman strike is over...almost all Rx 330s in the SF bayarea come from Japan, which means they are trucked out of the Long Beach port...there are significant slow downs for Lexus deliveries...there are stuck at the Long Beach port. Once that gets settled...there will be a influx of autos...we'll cut a deal for the Rx then.
  • dorothykdorothyk Member Posts: 31
    We live near Long Beach and have not heard anything about a longshoremen strike. There was an article in the local paper about the cargo backlog but they blamed a lack of productivity from unionized longshoremen as the root cause not a strike. According to the article, the backlog is slowly receding. The bulk of holiday shipments have arrived, vessels have been diverted and more labor is on the docks.

The issue is actually more complicated than just blaming the longshoremen. Here is a link to the local newspaper. Search for an article called What's to blame for cargo backlog?

http://www.presstelegram.com/
  • fallmanfallman Member Posts: 9
    Rats13, is this an 04 model or 05?
    Which dealership did you go to?

Thanks.
  • fallmanfallman Member Posts: 9
    Can you let us know you dealership name / state?
  • rats13rats13 Member Posts: 42
    We got an 05 at Santa Monica Lexus. The bluetooth phone is pretty cool.
  • hotlantahotlanta Member Posts: 1
    Can anybody out there help with prices on a RX330 in the Atlanta area. I am dealing with two different dealers and one says there are "3" levels of options and the other says "4"?? Bottom line they are quoting about $36,600 for the lowest level FWD with some options. Is that good?
    We are contemplating whether to go buy a 05 AWD RX330 now or wait till the end of the month (Nov 29/30). Are we apt to get a lower price and/or more negotiable interest rate on our buy at the end of the month. We are buying, not leasing. I know there is the old tale of the end of the month, but is it really true pertaining to Lexus?
  • dog330dog330 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased 2005 FWD RX330 with Premium Plus Pkg, Navigation, 18" wheel and Preferred Accessory Pkg (MSRP $42,608) for $41,290 out the door. Riverside(ca) dealer give me for 41,000 out the door, but I have to wait for 2 to 3 week. so I when to Mission Viejo(ca) dealer and pay it for $290 more, which is around 100 to 200 above invoice price.
  • gocanongocanon Member Posts: 10
    I am getting a quote for RX330 05 + Navigation + Mark Levinson for $900 over invoice. Is this a good price
    Thanks
  • mickylmickyl Member Posts: 14
    I leased a new 2005 RX330, with basically a premium plus package and navigation, for $625 per month, no initial payment, other than taxes and tags. I felt I got ripped off. By how?
  • missgenemissgene Member Posts: 3
    I am a first time car buyer. I went to Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys, CA today and was quoted an out the door price of 39,999.95(incl. all taxes and fees) for a 2005 RX330 FWD with premium plus package and 18-inch alloy wheels, 6d cd, cargo mat and wheel locks. Am I being taken for a ride. MSRP was 40,258.

Thank you.
  • jadzyacljadzyacl Member Posts: 1
    I recieved a quote from a Lexus dealer in IL for a 2005 RX330 AWD with the following options:

2005 RX330 AWD
    OPTIONS:
    PT Premium Plus Pkg
    TO Towing Pkg
    Z1 Preferred Accessory Pkg
    NV Navigation System
    DC Radio Equipment, 6-Disc CD Changer in Dish
    HH Heated Front Seat
    FT 18" Wheels

MSRP 44,833 and the saleman quoted me $40,333 (+ all other charges). Is this a good price?
  • dog330dog330 Member Posts: 2
    You are looking about $1,100to $1,400 over the invoice price. the price that you want should be no more than $39,300 out the door. I got my 2005 RX 330 with all the feature that you included + Navigation ($2000 more) for 41,200 out the door, which is about $200+ over the invoice.

- 2000 navigation
      _________

39,200 is the price that you want

you will get a better deal from the lexus dealer Inter Net Sale Team than the Floor Sale Team.

Good luck!
    Thank you so much. I am so glad that I waited and continued to research. I will let you know how I make out.
  • buckeye1buckeye1 Member Posts: 41
    Missgene: I bought same vehicle you describe at Mission Viejo Lexus in early Oct 04 for $36140. Did not include tx, ttl.

Subtract CA tx and ttl from your quote and you will see how close the price is to my purchase price.
    Thank you Buckeye1 for getting back to me.
    We are on the same page.

When I price it out at invoice with options it comes to approx. $35,224.

missgene
  • bstimebstime Member Posts: 18
    Given the time of year in new England wondering if this is a good deal or not from Lexus Watertown:

Sticker: 42,483
    Price quote: 39,683

I believe this is about 2k over invoice.

'05 RX 330 AWD

no NAV system. standard regional options:

Premium Plus Package with Additional Options

remium Plus Package

Additional Options:
    - Two-level heated front seats (includes rain-sensing variable intermittent wipers and headlamp washers)
    - 18-in alloy wheels (235/55VR18 and full-size spare)
    - Towing prep package
    - In-dash, single feed, six-disc CD auto-changer
    - Preferred Accessory Package (includes cargo mat and wheel locks)
  • jim53jim53 Member Posts: 118
    Edmunds TMV says I should look to pay around 1K under MSRP with is a ton over Invoice. What is a fair Deal over Invoice/under MSRP?
  • calytcalyt Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a '05 RX330 yesterday. Think I received a fair price (I am a 2nd time buyer at the Lexus dealership). I paid $39,963 ($300 over invoice) for the following:

AWD RX330
    Premium Plus Package (PT)
    Navigation System w/ Rear Camera (NV)
    Heated Front Seats (HH)
    6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer (DC)
    Towing Package (TO)
    18" Alloy Wheels (FT)
    Cargo Mat (C1)
    Wheel Locks (WL)

Additionally, I am leasing the car for 48 months with a .00210 money factor and 49% residual, no money down (except license, fees, and 1st month).
  • gardencargardencar Member Posts: 293
    It would be helpful to know more of your details, such as the number of payments, the money factor, etc.

Look at post #1632. He seems to have gotten a good deal. My guess is that he's paying a shade over $450. Anyway, if you are already in a lease, enjoy the car and try not to second guess yourself unless something can be done about it.
  • gottlsgottls Member Posts: 21
    galyt great deal in my book, enjoy the ride. Also could you post the name of the dealership, city and state for reference. Glen
  • happyrxrhappyrxr Member Posts: 1
    We got the same package as calyt except FWD rather than AWD, about a month ago, for $100 over invoice in Dallas. We were surprised at how much they were willing to deal - more so than on the 2004's a month earlier.
  • carflatcarflat Member Posts: 2
    where did you get that deal. Here in massachusetts the dealers are not cooperative in reducing their profit
  • cam666cam666 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in the 2005 RX330 and am looking for a dealer in the state of Washington, (near Seattle) who is willing to negotiate a price around $200-$300 over invoice. I was quoted a price of $41,405 not including tx, and license. For a black and ivory RX330, FT, HH, PT, TO, DC, ZZ, C1,Wl and the pro trim package (which was already on the car!). Would love some help here, thanks!
  • briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    Good luck finding a price like that in the Pacific Northwest! I was told by the internet sales manager at Lexus of Bellevue that $40-41k is the best price they can give on a 2005 AWD RX 330 w/o nav (list of $42,458, invoice $37,193). This was the same person I negotiated with for my 2002 AWD RX 300 at $500 over invoice. Please let me know if you find pricing that close to invoice anywhere around here!
  • bstimebstime Member Posts: 18
    I agree with you. the massachusetts dealers seem to be holding the line. perhaps because we are heading into winter? Anyway, per my previous post (#1630) I have a deal on the table for 2k over invoice with Lexus of Watertown. It was a straightforward negotiation.

Carflat...what has been your experience in massachusetts and at which dealer(s)?
  • dgraysondgrayson Member Posts: 27
    I purchased my 2005 RX330 on the day before thanksgiving...now I am truely thankful.

Got a great deal at McGrath Lexus- Chicago. 2% over invoice ($772) on a 2005 AWD w/
    Premium Plus package
    Navigation system
    Tow Package
    18" alloy wheels
    6-CD changer
    Heated FS w/ RS wipers
    Accessory package
    in Mellinium Silver w/ black interior

This is pretty much how all the RX's come in this area. Thought I got a good deal with a little negotiation via email. Showed up at the dealer and everything went very smooth. Deal done in 45 min, but it took another 2.5 hours to go through everything in the RX. Love it so far... Good luck. Dealt with the internet rep. She was very professional!!!
  • calytcalyt Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up the car yesterday. World's apart from the RX300 that we had. Love the nav. Now I don't have to drive around in search of my fav fast food joints (unfortunately, it doesn't appear that in-n-out burgers paid for a listing on the map).

Purchased the car at Lexus Serramonte in Northern CA. Putnam Lexus and Stevens Creek Lexus are the two other dealerships here on the peninsula, but I didn't really talk to them at length. Serramonte offers free storage and shuttle service to SFO (during weekday business hours), which has been an extremely valuable benefit.
  • chicagocarchicagocar Member Posts: 11
    dgrayson,

I am looking to buy RX330, I will appreciate you sharing your experience, and price you brought for and dealer name. This will help me less or minimal negotiation and will make buying experience hassle free.

Thanks
  • vgwvgw Member Posts: 1
    In Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and looking to purchase:

2005 AWD RX330 Bamboo Pearl
    Premium Plus Package (PT)
    Navigation System w/ Rear Camera (NV)
    Heated Front Seats (HH)
    6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer (DC)
    18" Alloy Wheels (FT)
    Rain Sensing Wipers
    Car Mats

I would appreciate information on deals anyone has negeotiated.

Thanks,
    VGW
  • daniudaniu Member Posts: 1
    Any one had any experience in getting quotes from lexus dealers in Phoenix area?

Only three in Phoenix and I was given a general quote of $2000 over invoice from dealer in Scottscale.

Would appreciate if anyone can share their experience
  • jim53jim53 Member Posts: 118
    I am trying to determine what a fair price would be in the Pittsburgh area. MSRP is around 42.3K and according to Edmunds, invoice is around 33,500 (I can't believe there is an 8,800 difference btw the two on this car). Quote I got was for around 1,300 under MSRP. From the posts on this board that doesn't look very attractive. Can anyone tell me what they think is a fair, easily closable deal? Also, anyone had any recent luck in Western PA?
  • gardencargardencar Member Posts: 293
    The invoice pricing you got from Edmunds must be before premium packages and other options. You can use this same site's TMV service to get fair pricing in your area. Also, you can use http://www.carsdirect.com. This site provides some of the best pricing available in your zip code. Good luck.
    Does anyone know what the lowest interest rate you can get on an RX in Illinois for 60 months. I feel our dealer is way too high at what they are offering. What is the lowest you have been quoted and where?
This discussion has been closed.