Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• twubbentwubben Member Posts: 24
    buying a 2wd w/premium package, 6 disc cd,
    and navigation. Sticker price between 44 & 45,000. I'm looking for an out the door price paid (including tax, license, registration) I'm in southern california (los angeles).
    thanks
  • travispete1travispete1 Member Posts: 46
    38500 at BH Lexus and Keyes. Not a prob.
  • rlb1957rlb1957 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

If I buy a Lexus from a dealer a hunder miles or so away, will I still be able to take it to my local dealer for whatever free servicing I am entitled to? Thanks.

rlb1957
  • highlander7highlander7 Member Posts: 177
    All warranty work will be covered.

rlb1957, Please clarify: "whatever free servicing I am entitled to"

If this is free oil changes, free car washes, free whatever then the answer is probably NO.
  • rlb1957rlb1957 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the reply, highlander7. You answered my question well despite my vagueness. I was thinking of perks like free car washes when I referred to "free." I am mainly concerned about warranty servicing. Thanks again.

rlb1957
    you are welcome.

You may still get free car washes, Lexus has been doing this for years so this perk may be free.
    I'm looking to buy an 06 330RX 2wd before the new year here in Los Angeles. My question is this.

What is the best possible deal I can expect to get on a loaded (except rear entertainment package) vehicle with a sticker price of (If i remember correctly) 44,800. I'm looking for an out the door price that includes tax, lic. and registration.

Also, if I get prices that aren't out the door, how much can I expect tax,lic. and reg. to run me?

thanks.
  • tazimitazimi Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

What do people think about this price? 2006 RX330-AWD, Premium plus pkg, Navigation system and rear entertainment system with Mark Levinson pkg...MSRP $48,528 and quote of $42,770 plus tax, title and license. I plan on getting it by next week. I like the price, but wonder if I can get it for less since it will be the end of the year and I read that you should usually get your best prices at the end of the year. Thoughts?

Thanks
  • jk5598224jk5598224 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at SRP 45,733.00 w/ purchase price of 41,700.00. What are the best lexus lease rates availble for tier 1 credit? The lexus dealer told me 0.0031 w/ 53% residual. Using US Bank it is .00230 w/ 56% residual and 645 'bank fee'. I think there should be better with Lexus or other?

Also according to my research here I really should pay about 40.5K for RX330 AWD w/ Prem Plus, Nav, 6CD, 18", Heated Seat etc. What happened was we signed a finance contract & left deposit check for vehicle that was to be delivered 12/21. FIN mgr said if vehicle wasn't in on time we have to do finance contract over and resign, that it wouldn't be valid because we didn't take delivery. I assume this is my opening to renegoiate sale price.
    thanks,
    got a quote from a dealer for 39,995 + tax, lic. & reg.

another dealer said 42,000 INCLUDING tax, lic. reg.

Is 38,500 about the best price I can expect to get BEFORE tax, lic. & reg?
  • jk5598224jk5598224 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I was able to renegoitate my deal, MSRP 45,753, but final sale 40,200 including new Jan DVD Nav for 05.
  • newmownernewmowner Member Posts: 86
    excellent price. i got mine for $41K. i would hop on it.
  • travispete1travispete1 Member Posts: 46
    i paid 1500 out the door which incl tax tags bank fee and first month, and a small cap cost reduction....my purchase price was 38500 for a 2006 2WD with prem plus, navig heated seats upgraded wheels cd changer, etc. 44,300 sticker....

through lockheed credit union as financing bank, lease was 36 mo, 12k per year for 547 incl tax...us bank has a comparable lease. with lexus credit, the payment will be about 25/mo higher
  • moraghmoragh Member Posts: 1
    Hey Guys :

I just purchased a brand new RX 330 With DVD Nav, Heated Seats, Premium Plus Package, 6-CD Changer, Wheel Locks, Alloy wheels, cargo mats etc...for 37600+Tax & Lic

I know the car dealer personally and was able to get this fantastic deal (I Think) - does everyone subscribe to that view ? - send me an email msg thru the site -

PS : This is probably good for people in Southern California only..

Thanks for your responses.
    My wife took delivery on her RX yesterday afternoon and is very pleased. The sales staff at Cherry Hill Lexus (NJ) were excellent to work with, every question answered, we will highly recommend them. They programmed her Verizon phone into the Bluetooth phonebook and added her one touch dial numbers. This system works very well, equal or better than (expensive) handsfree system installs by Verizon in our previous vehicles.

Driving home on I295 we did not hear appreciable road noise that another person had concern with, this is a very quiet SUV. It handles well and has adequate power, it will be a perfect vehicle for her. Will follow-up in a few weeks with an overall opinion of the RX but so far it has been very good.

My thanks to newmowner and others for their comments and suggestions. And much appreciation to Edmunds for providing this forum, no doubt the best auto site on the net!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Everyone!
  • washingtonianwashingtonian Member Posts: 10
    Can you please tell me what is the version details that is indicated for Jan DVD Nav for 05?
  • gustgust Member Posts: 1
    That seems like a fantastic deal. What was the MSRP? I also could not email a response to you since there's no associated email address.

Rgs.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Please don't post your address within the Forums (see our "rules of the road"). If you want other registered members only to be able to e-mail you, please make your address public in your profile.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• newmownernewmowner Member Posts: 86
    very welcome, highlander7, enjoy your (wife's) vehicle!
  • uclajinuclajin Member Posts: 1
    Car man,

I just leased a 2006 Lexus RX330 2WD with MSRP of ~$46k and Total Cap cost of $42k for 48 months, residual of $19k, 15k mile/year, during the December to Remember. Also, I got them to throw in 2 year ot 25k miles maintenance. My total monthly payment is $640.

Did I get a good deal? Looking at the postings for the deals mentioned, it does not appear that I received a good deal...
  • texastubestexastubes Member Posts: 2
    Since I used you guys to establish prices I wanted to leave you with my details on my new 06' RX330 Premium (6-cd changer, heated leather, rain sensing wipers, 18" wheels, upgraded alternator, cargo mat, wheel locks) MSRP=$41,188, Paid $37,050 before TTL. From an earlier post, it was mentioned if you could get between 88%-90% of MSRP then you are doing well. I hit 90% so I was satisfied. Purchased on 12/22/05 from Lexus of Clear Lake (Texas). Good luck to you all
  • footwoodfootwood Member Posts: 16
    What are the Stats on the Lexus RX330 yopu brought

I am heading down to Ray Catena on friday to get some pricing, would be good to know what the competition is at
  • lidlid Member Posts: 10
    Interesting. I called Clear Lake Lexus and they said they did not sell any RX330 for that price of $37,050. I was wanting to get something similar but with the Nav. package and the sales person checked with both managers and they deny they sold any RX 330 at that price!
    I was willing to go to Clear Lake if the price was right!
    ??????
  • lidlid Member Posts: 10
    I am reading what sounds like fabulous deals on the RX330! Approx. $4000 of sticker. The numbers I have been quoted are closer to $2000-$2500 off the price.
    I am in TX! (I even called Clear Lake Lexus and they said they never sold any for $4000 off MSRP!)
    Thanks!!
    footwood,

My wife purchased from Cherry Hill Lexus in South Jersey. Catena can beat this price. Calculate the invoice and make them an offer $300.00 under or whatever number you feel is fair? and see what they say. This is a good time to buy a RX.

2006 RX330 9424A
    4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Crystal White
    Ivory Leather
    Bird's Eye Maple wood trim

Navigation System / Mark Levinson Package
    Heated Seats, Rain Sensitive Wipers, Headlight Washers
    18x 7 18" Wheels with 235/55R18 M & S Tires Towing Prep Package
    Cargo Mat
    Wheel Locks

M.S.R.P. $46,688.00

Price Paid $41,852.00 (tax, tags, fees not included)
  • armandodelunaarmandodeluna Member Posts: 8
    footwood, i'm going on sat. I have scheduled a test drive on one. I'm too hoping to get a good quote and possibly walk out with the papers signed. let me know how it went for you. Good Luck.
    armando.
    Woot!!! I said I would and I did!!! I just purchased from McGrath Lexus in IL. Good time to buy a RX.

2006 RX330 AWD

Black Onyx
    Black interior w/wood trim

Navigation System / Mark Levinson Package
    Rear entertainment center, Heated Seats, Rain Sensitive Wipers, Headlight Washers
    18x 7 18" Wheels with 235/55R18 M & S Tires Towing Prep Package
    Cargo Mat
    Wheel Locks

M.S.R.P. $48,539

Price Paid $42,009.00 (tax, title, license not included)

I think I got a great deal!!! Internet sales staff was great and they took good care of me...Got the tour of the place, nice presentation and friendly staff! Highly recommend the Lexus experience! Now when I hear that commercial I don't have to dream about owning one anymore!!!

Best to go in w/everything prepared, read, read, read...the internet is your friend...
    Armando I def will let you know how I did.

The one thinng I have a problem with is that Ray catena will not quote any prices over the internet. They said to get there mopst agressive pricing I need to go in. I am a little concerned because I will not be able to run any deal by anyone on the board. Is this normal? I guess I should just print out the invoice prices on all options and bring it with me. then do as highlander suggested and offer a little below invoice. Ray catena did say they would accept any reasonable offer that was made on one.

Thanks for all the advice I will let you guys know how I did.
    footwood, i spoke to a sales rep (rep2) and i was given a msrp. it was pretty competative to what another rep (rep1)quoted me after hagling. rep2 said he "could squeeze the manager for something better". rep1 is asking for the opportunity to beet what is out there.
    let me know if you want the msrp i was given as a starting point.
    armando
    Armondo,

They said that they could not guarantee any vehicle would be in stock when I got there tomorrow unless I put down a deposit.

Looks like the going prices people are getting them for is below invoice so I will try for that
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Is that a MSRP or there initial offer ie. TMV price
    footwood,

tazimi on post #2625 is buying at $6500.00 under the MSRP of $48539.00. That is a great deal. That calculates to 86.5% of sticker, usually 88 - 90% of MSRP is not a bad price. I did 89.6% on a factory order in early November, purchased December 23rd and was satisfied, today I would be asking for a better price.

So go for at least 88%, more if you feel lucky. This is the end of the month, December to Remember for 2005 is over very soon.

Example: If you are looking at a RX with a MSRP of $45753.00 offer them $40200.00. (about 88%) If this is the vehicle you want, be ready to say I will buy today if you will sell me this vehicle for $40200.00. Do not be intimidated, let them know you have done your homework and that this is a reasonable offer. Set a target price you would be satisfied with, if they hit it go for it. Good Luck!
    footwood, i was told 41500.00 and that was negotiable. this was fully equiped. all the bells and whistles.
    armando
    footwood,

I definitely agree with highlander7, you should be able to get a good price. I researched these forums before I did anything. I used the request a quote function from all the dealerships in my area. After I got all my quotes I kept using the lowest ones against each dealership. I wanted to avoid going down to a dealership, because I know the excitement of owning my car would have just made me say yes to anything...the emails started on the 22nd and finally got my best deal yesterday. While searching the forums, the lowest price I saw for the car w/the same specs as mine was $42,279, so I just went with that. They told me they couldn't go that low, but I said then I will go to the other dealership and thanks for entertaining my offer. Sorry we couldn't make the deal, but I really want this car before the end of the year. For some odd reason, they always seemed to call me back, saying our Sales Mgr will go down to a lower price.

Of course I think it will help when you get down to the dealership and show that you are serious, but I at least had some type of connection with someone at the dealership before I got there. Being young, it's a lil intimidating playing on their turf, so I wanted to try and get some edge...plus I hate haggling for hrs on end...rather do it thru phone or internet. It also helped that I had my financing in place. I got a handy tip from someone that if you have a Costco membership or can get an account # from someone who does, you can get financing thru CapitalOne, with a .5% discount. I applied online and same day got a approved @ 5.3%. They mailed the check in 2 days. It helped that I told them that I had financing in place and was ready to buy before the end of the year.

When I got down to the dealership, I brought a folder of invoices, I printed out several financing rates for several different amounts, so that I could tell if the numbers were correct (more on this later), I brought a copy of what I posted on these forums...my intention if need be was to tell them, the internet can transmit positive or negative feedback rather quickly. Many people read forums, and as you can see I do post on the Lexus forums...if I have a positive experience, I will definitely post my positive response, if I have a negative experience, well, I will have to just give my opinion. I also told the Sales Manager if you can get me my price, I will definitely give a positive Customer Service survey, which will undoubtedly be sent to me after my purchase...believe it or not, I think they really depend on these surveys...

By all means go for the lowest price, I was at invoice and got it down some more when I got there. It helped that you can flash the financing check to show that you are ready to buy today...would they want to let a sale walk out the door, just a couple of days before the year ends??? They have quotas to meet, they may need to get their quotas or they may want to set a better one. They will go down, and for God Sakes, if they don't...have the stomach to walk out and not worry about it...don't impulse buy...that's the hardest part of the whole bargaining...it's an ego thing, if you walk out, you may feel that you failed, but I bet they will call you back the next day...Rememeber, they are a big Corporation, that can afford to sell a car at invoice or below, you don't want to line their pockets with your hard earned money...every car they sell you know they are getting something, whether it is the Holdback, or getting more cars for the next quarter since they had a great one this time...

Sorry, I've been doing so much research that it is all spilling out in this one post...I apologize for my rant...but I love my Lexus now that I am done with the hard part!
    Another little post (hehehe) about the financing aspect of my transaction...A while back I read somewhere that you need to watch out for financing tricks that may occur...here is one where I almost got caught in...After saying we have a deal w/my Sales person (it helped that she was attractive and in high heel boots...but I digress) and going thru the Welcome tour thru another Lexus representative (basically going thru my owner's manual and showing me all the bells and whistles of my car and all the extra products you can buy to protect your car: 3m shield, tire and rim protection, car washes that seal your paint w/teflon, etc.,), needless to say I was a lil giddy. The car was being washed and waxed and my other set of keys was given to me...I thought the hard part was over, but it only started...The excitement was there so one thing I have to say is don't be overly excited yet, because the Finance Manager will test you.

He will try to be your friend, but remember one thing, he is not your friend, he is there to sell you more things and get you to line the pockets of the dealership. I was shown the products again and actually chose to do the 3m shield and extended warranty (I passed over this aspect of my research). I told him that I had my financing in place at 5.3% (check in hand) and that I would go thru him if he had a better offer...of course he didn't have a better offer, unless I bought the extra products...well I relented and said yes...then when the sheet comes out for me to sign...here is my tip...LOOK IT OVER CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING!!! Don't be so excited that you just mindlessly sign anything and accept it as correct. I made the mistake of saying, alright I added more products and you are giving me this great rate, but the monthly payments are still high...well he would give me a better rate and drop my payments. I was down to 4.95%...woohoo..., BUT when I was about to sign the papers, I saw that I was being financed at 63 months for 4.95%. Hmmm...what is this I asked??? I wanted this for 5 years and 5 years is 60 months...when did it become 63..."That's how our bank operates"...really??? well I really want it for 60 months please and when it went to 60 months, boy it didn't seem like I was getting a good deal. Well after that I passed on all the extra stuff and said I just want to finance the car price only...well my rates magically disappeared, so I just used my own financing check and drove off in my new car. Moral of the story...make sure you check everything before you sign and have back up financing just in case...ok...I'm done writing for tonite...
    Excellent advise tazimi, you have done what I call your homework, same process that I used.

I had internet quotes, did not need their financing unless they has a special 1.9% or something very attractive. This is work and you did very well.

Footwood and armandodeluna take all the advise and information from this forum and you may very well get a great deal. Tazimi and I had internet quotes in hand from other dealers, you need to decide what you want to pay and accept that price if offered.

Let the dealer know that if they give you your price, you will buy today!
    Thanks for the great advise everyone

I am going to go in strong and ask for a price of 88% of the MSRP or lower. If they won't do it I will leave. Since I have my appointment today and the december to remeber deals end soon. Do you think I will have time to apply for a loan and get the check before the deals end??

even if they fed-ex today it won't get here until tuesday. Maybe I can haggle and put a deposit down today and come back tuesday for the car.

What are your guys thoughts on leasing the car vs buying?
    I would say at least apply online and know what your rate is going to be...the check will be in the mail, they give you an email confirmation which you can show as proof. And if they don't meet or beat the deal, you'll walk away from the deal. How do you think the sales person or manager are going to feel if the Finance manager couldn't close the deal b/c he wouldn't give at least the rate you were approved for???

I don't know if I am allowed to post this (moderators, remove this if I can't), but this is the website I used to read up on alot of this: www.carbuyingtips.com

It told me alot about the different aspects of "the game" and it had that handy excel spreadsheet which calculates what your monthly payment should be (if you are too lazy to create one...me).

There are pros and cons for leasing...but for me personally, I have only wanted 2 cars: 96 Spyder Eclipse and 06 Lexus RX 330...I have them both and wouldn't give them away for anything. I like to know that I am owning my car at the end of my term. Kind of like a home, would you want to rent it and leave later or own it at the end? To me, as weird as it sounds, I have sentimental value with my cars...I want to keep them. To each their own, whatever choice you make, you'll be happy. It's a Lexus, right!

Just remember, when you are in that showroom w/all the shiny new cars and everything, don't be tempted...stick to your guns, if you walk out with no car, it doesn't mean you can't get one later. They will call you back if you leave. Make it on your terms...hehehe...of course it is easier to say now that I'm done with that aspect.

Good luck...
  • wallybirdwallybird Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone had any experience with dealerships in my area including the Triangle, the Triad or Charlotte, NC? Least haggling? One dealer quoted a documentation fee of $485, is this a tad much?
  • wallybirdwallybird Member Posts: 4
    Does end of year or end of month really make a difference in car price? Looking at an RX330.
    Hey I applied and was approved for the credit

5.4% for 60 months going thru the costco web-site to capital one. If you go thru the capital one site direct the rates are higher,"thanks tazimi". I am going to use this to my advantage tonight when I deal.

worst case I will have the check tomorrow am so I can leave a deposit tonight and sign the paperwork tomorrow.

Brininging my wife with me tonight. No added pressure there :) with all the shinny new cars. No, I can't think of that. Stick to your guns!!! thats the moto
  • jensadjensad Member Posts: 388
    I too almost let the dealer make too much money on my purchase. I always caculate the payments due each month on my hand calculator before I buy.

The Finance manager wrote up the contract and when I looked over the contract, I noticed the payments were about $ 15 more per month than I had calculated. Yes indeed, the manager had added in $ 1000 extra and kissed it off to "I made a mistake". It was corrected.

Caveat Emptor

Good luck to all and stay safe.

jensad
    I just left from a very disturbing VIP sales appointment at this dealership.

The had a White Lexus RX300 MSRP of 43450.

I did the calculation and offered a price of 38000

they said they would not sell at below invoice which was 38490. I am waiting to here if they would accept this is via cell phone now after i left the dealership.

The thing that annoys me is they are now low balling me on my trade in offering me 1500 for a mazada 626 with a blue book of 3400. they said thats what the wholesaler will give to them and said they will not budge. I am now caught between buying the car for a good price. but getting next to nothing for the trade. I told them to take the trade off the table. and I am waiting to see if they stick to the invoice price of the car.

Any ideas what to do with the trade? They basically don't want it. saying they make no profit on it they since they have no used car lot and just give it to the wholesaler.

What to do? what to do?
  • five0_4tluvfive0_4tluv Member Posts: 41
    we arrived at the dealer around 4:30 and out by 5:00. getting the price we want on the car MSRP 41188, sell for 36500 (88.3%), but they are low balling the trade. 7k for our Jeep GC that Car Max offered 10k for this morning. so do we eat the $625 tax savings? we will see if they will call tomorrow. they also begged for us to come in because they were 75 cars below quota....
    Alright basically settled on a price of 100 above the invoice of 38468 for a White RX330 MSRP 43450. basically 88.7%

they said I could take the trade off the table and sell it myself or take the 1500.

Now I just have to go thru the finance guy and I am home free.

I will have my check ready for my finance portion if necessary

Lexus fiance may be less so I will see
    Sell the car yourself...they will not give you what the car is worth. Auto trader or any of the auto publications you have in your region will get you more money. Don't even bother with the trade-in. You're almost home!!!
    footwood,

Very good deal, you obviously are satisfied with this price
    and should be. Almost $5K off a $43459 MSRP ... not bad!

A trade always confuses the deal, you usually can sell on your own for more than the dealer will offer. $1500.00 on a trade will save you another $90.00 in tax and you will be done. Your old car is always worth more to you than what a dealer will offer, they always have the upper hand on trade-ins. Now to deal with the finance guy and consider all those extra's??
    wallybird...I think $485 for doc fee is quite high...I believe my doc fee was $55 and and additional $25 for filing online (which I think is crap, but oh well). I thought there were laws that capped doc fees...I might have misread, but I'll search for it...
  • eyecanseeeyecansee Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm thinking about purchasing a "base" Rx330 w/premium pkg, 18" wheels, htd seats...MSRP is $41,188... This is going to be a "company" purchase, where we will fortunately be able to cut a check for the full amount...and we want to do it this year, Yes, it's dec 30 today.... Hoping you guys could give me an opinion on what type of pricing I might be able to leverage being the last day of the year and bring cash to the table...any help is greatly appreciated!

Hopefully it will be a december to remember....we're in OK by the way...
    footwood, good job on sticking to your guns. one thing to consider is the hassle that you may go through trying to sell the car privately. also, when you trade in you are reducing the total cost of the new car therefor paying less tax. I'm in the same situation with trading in my 02 toyota rav 4 with 42k miles and grill gaurds all around. i'm being offered 12k for it bbv is around 14k. i'm going to new rochelle today for a test drive so wish me luck.
    armando.
This discussion has been closed.