Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hummer H3

Comments

• bosshoss1bosshoss1 Member Posts: 18
    Ray
    When you are sure your dealer will take GMID make your deal and email me, your birthday and last 4 numbers of your SS#. I will get the number as soon as I get your info and I check my email.
    You will love the H3
    Paul
  • 818guy818guy Member Posts: 1
    Paul,

Sent you an e-mail. My Hummer dealership will accept the GMID Certificates. Looking to buy within a week. Let me know if you can help. Thanks.
  • 10regular10regular Member Posts: 4
    Paul: In reference to the GMID discounts. If you have a waiting list , I would like to sign up- I am currently seriously looking at the H3. Do you know the percentage discount ? Thanks-Look forward to your response.
    Jim Burke
    Ada, Mi
  • peterwdalepeterwdale Member Posts: 1
    Hey there! I am currently considering an H3. I need room for windsurfing gear, sails, masts, booms, etc. that would require the distance from the rear hatch to the passenger side front seat dash.

Does the front passenger seat on the H3 either (1) fold all the way forward or (2) recline all the way back on top of the second row of seats folded forward? I need to lay stuff flat from the rear hatch up and on top of the front passenger seat.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

-Pete
  • blkhemiblkhemi Member Posts: 1,717
    ..... I mashed the accelerator, and guess what? Nothing happened. It was like a snail weighed down buy it's own shell(ironic). This thing has the power of a 100 year old tortise. I did however like the interior, which is a huge step up for GM. Everything has a quality feel and durable materials are a plus. Then something else happened: Sticker Shock!!

The fully loaded version I picked-out closed in on $39K. I wouldn't have a problem with that if it didn't have a 5-cylinder Colorado engine in it. Why did they not put the Trailblazer's terrific 4.2L I-6 engine in it? It would've made all the difference in the world.

So I ended up staying with my beloved Jeep and got a Commander LTD 4X4 HEMI for less than the cost of the H3 WITH the GM incentives included. Surprisingly, with gas costing so much nowadays, the H2's are really moving much better than earlier this year, especially the SUT.

All-n-all, the H3 is a very capable truck looking for a new engine. Other than that, it is much better to handle than the H2 and the interior is nicer too, IMO.
  • mechildsmechilds Member Posts: 8
    I know you should not have to immediately throw money into a new truck, but I hear a $200 cold air intake system does wonders for horsepower/acceleration on the I-5 engine.

Also, a MagnaFlow exhaust on top of that makes this a pretty good performing vehicle.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    "The H3x uses the H3's luxury package as a base and adds unique tires, wheels, and center cap. The chrome trim includes chrome tube steps, chrome appearance package, and a chrome fuel door."

Hummer Beefs Up Lineup (Inside Line)

Steve, Host
    Jim
    Still have two left unused till end of month. We will get 4 more in Jan. Let me know if you need one.
    Paul Francis
  • mastourmastour Member Posts: 2
    Paul,

I'm looking at purchasing a H3 soon, would it be possible to get a certificate within the next couple of days?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • dpshugadpshuga Member Posts: 1
    Paul,

If you still have any left I was looking to buy an H3 this weekend my Friend is picking his up tomorrow and the dealer takes the discount. I am hoping I get this ASAP since I would like to sign all the paperwork tomorrow. Sorry for late notice but can you help?
    Mike and dpshuga
    E-mail me your birthday and last 4 numbers of SS#
    and I will get you the GMID # tonite.
    Paul
  • wethers23wethers23 Member Posts: 7
    I'm just now looking at purchasing a H3 and new to the site. What are the GMID discounts everyone is talking about? Are these for new or used models? I really have until next year to purchase one, so I'm not in any hurry and taking my time to find the one in the color I want.
    Any help would be appreciated.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    use search as this has been asked a zillon times and answered about 2 questions above your post. :P
  • f4i_kidf4i_kid Member Posts: 2
    Hi,bosshoss1 do u have any more of the GMID # ? Went 2 look & test drive the H3 this sat.Want 2 buy 1 just dont wanta pay that FULL MSRP.The dealer will accept the GMID #.Thanks :)
    Sorry about that, I just figured out how to use the sight. Here is another question that I could not find under the sugject browse. Has anyone had any trouble with their sun roof? I took a test drive on the highway and when I opened the sunroof it just about took my head off. Is this just something I need to get used to or are there any kind of wind guards out there?
    I just test drove a Hummer H3 and when I opened the sun roof it just about took off my head. Is this just something that I need to get used to with the sun roof being so large or is there some kind of wind guard to cut down on the draft.
    GMID's run from 1 day of month to end of month. Wife and I just got 4 more Jan. 1. We have already used 1 so 3 left for rest of month.
    Make sure your dealer will accept GMID and make your deal and let me know. If mine are all used up their are other's available from this site.
    Good luck
    Paul Francis
  • f4i_kidf4i_kid Member Posts: 2
    Thanks,bosshoss1{Paul Francis}That was me that emailed you earlier today{sunday afternoon}.Got your emails and the GMID#.Thank You for all your help and your quick reply to my emails im going back this Sat.just trying to decide now on the color. :)
  • meandmyh3meandmyh3 Member Posts: 1
    I have two children and a wife and two dogs. What type of vehicle can I get that will getter better mileage and hold what I need. Possibly a minivan could get 21 or 22 - Id be stuck in the snow where I live and my wife would certainly love me for putting her into a minivan. I believe sillyduck is cruising around alone getting very good mileage - but it does not suit everyone. And when it gets to $4.00 a gallon I will keep on driving an SUV rather than making two trips with a vehicle that gets better mileage.
  • bummerh3bummerh3 Member Posts: 3
    HI everyone. I have had my H3 for about 2 months now and I LOVE it. BUT.... I just started having some strange electrical problems with it this week. It is at the dealer now being worked on but they have yet to find the problem. 4 days ago the "doors" message came up although there were NO doors ajar. THEN, the interior light would intermittenly go off and on while I was driving ( a REAL pain at night!!!) Then the driver door refused to stay locked when I was driving even though the other doors did stay locked. Like I said, it is at dealer now. Any ideas about what COULD be going on? or any similar experience's? Thanks so much!!! Tracy :confuse:
  • jhl1963jhl1963 Member Posts: 19
    Friends, been searching the net for hours - which interior/exterior combos give you the 2 tone dash?

Thanks!
  • marblezmarblez Member Posts: 32
    Either Ebony Cloth and cashmere or Cashmere Leather will have the tan lower dash. Pics can be seen at http://www.lynchhummer.com/h3/preview/h3preview.html
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Robby Gordon's Dakar Rally Hummer (Straightline)

Steve, Host
  • volvoxterravolvoxterra Member Posts: 1
    A Volvo XC70 Cross County is all you will ever need. And they last FOREVER. 2002 was a good model year. Great in snow, good on gas, comfortable and VERY VERY SAFE!!! Add Britax car seats for the kids and you're in business.

Just my 2 cents
  • urrl78urrl78 Member Posts: 3
    After signing the papers for my new H3 at a South Florida dealership they claim they cannot find the keys to my new vehicle, they try to give me one that looks new outside, but after noticing sand on the floor I checked the odometer which had over 400 miles; they never told me it was a demo. Guess they figured I wouldn't go for it, so they suddenly found one set of keys. Now I have to worry about which employee from there will try to steal me car; I remove a component from the engine before going to bed to prevent it from being started, and also block the car in on my property to prevent it from being towed. Tip to buyers; bring at least a calculator; I was almost taken for $300 in the finance department due to the finance guy's "error". Though they turn their computer monitor for you to see, DON'T TRUST THEIR FIGURES just because you see them from a computer. In fact bring your own laptop with a finance program like I did. As far as the Hummer is concerned I love the H3, although I have noticed a "door ajar" warning that occurs for no reason sometimes.
    The H3 sunroof has a feature to allow the sunroof to tilt, not slide. It will tilt upward from the back to allow for ventilation. But as for some sort of wind guard I know of none.
  • snowwhiteh3snowwhiteh3 Member Posts: 3
    Hello... I had that same problem, took it to the dealer and they said it was a power monitor in the passenger side door that went bad. So they put up a bypass signal and ordered the part to replace it, that took about a week and it's working like new again. Good luck with yours!
    ummmmmmm maybe you are to tall for the vehicle..... I'm 5'9 and I do not have aproblem with my sunroof..... I really enjoy it.... it's less noise than having the windows rolled down....
    You need to look into the door ajar warning.... it has to do with a monitor in the passenger door and when it goes completly out you will not be able to lock your doors.... I just had mines replaced..... and someone else on here mentioned having the same problem.... good luck!
  • prairiehunterprairiehunter Member Posts: 5
    Has anybody been in a serious accident with their Hummer H3. I want to know how it protected them. I have 3 small children I need to protect.
    I was reading past postings and saw that some wanted automatice wipers. I have had those for a few years on my Olds Bravada and would suggest that they not be added. Several times I have hit a swarm of flying insects and the wipers will activate and smear them all over the windshield. At 70 mph on a hot day they almost cook to the windsheld. Not a good thing. A similiar thing happened last week when I went to pass a semi during a rain sprinkle. Dirty moisture flew up on my windshield as I went to pass and the wipers activated and I was blind for a moment.
    I too have them but don't have the problem you encounter. Why? Because the only time I have them on is when it rains. The main use of them is that they speed up and slow down according to how much rain is falling. Why have them on during a HOT day in the first place? :P :shades:
    I leave them on all of the time because of simplicity. I love automatic headlights because it is one less thing to think about or take action on. The wipers work great in a rain or sprinkle because they do speed up or slow down as needed. You are right. Why do I have them on on a hot day?
  • raffi76raffi76 Member Posts: 4
    I purchased my H3 bank in November..... since then it has been in the shop 3 times now counting this comming week. I can't complain about the car in general but it is pretty much there becuase of their mistakes while in shop so many times. Originally the car had bad wipers and the sunroof was defective (rattling). Also had a scratch on the car. The first time they just ordered the sunroof and replaced wipers. Wipers were just as bad after that, not wiping but smudging the water all over the windows. They just installed the sunroof last week and the whole bracket on the iside had lips all over it, the right side was not even insterted in its railings. There is a lot of windnoise from the sunroof, on top they dented the car and also if you look at the roof it is inserte poorly, seal is comming of it. I have never seen such icompetent service in my life. To add to it they painted the scratch so badly I think my grandmother could do it better. The passanger side seatbelt bracket is now making a rattling noise as I guess someone must have stepped on and broke while installing the sunroof. Another problem I had in the mornings that when engine is cold the gear wont shift at about 60 miles per hour like it usually does, you have to drive for about 30 seconds, wheather it is at 60 or 75..... and RPMS just go up untill it decidese to change it. When I drive for a while and then stop at a light, almost every time there is one single engine choke (thats what it sounds) like it was losing RPMS. only lasts a second....... In addition I can not average anything more then maybe 320miles per gallon, and that if I am lucky on 89 gasoling, around 300miles on 87...... how are you guys averaging 400 ????? I drive pretty much all highway, just a mile to it and back maybe :(
    I have already told them I am contacting GM if next time I am still unhappy, anything else I should do ? any suggestions?
  • cz3cqgcz3cqg Member Posts: 25
    1. Keep or get all documentation pertaining to your service calls.
    2. Always be polite and straight forward with the service personnel.
    3. Take pictures of the problem areas on your H3 and other H3s on the lot for comparison purposes.
    4. Find out what the LEMON Laws are in your state
    5. Take the vehicle in and discuss all your problems with the service manager. See what action can be done to satisfy you.
    a. Any paint scratches on the paint usually results in the paint shop having to paint the entire panel area to match the surrounding paint. If they touched up the area only, ask them to redo it.
    b. If they dented the roof while installing the sunroof, they will have to make it right to the point you can't tell it's there. If they can't, tell'em to take it to a outside vendor shop that is authorized by your insurance company and have them mount the sunroof, fix dent and repaint. The dealership shop then should be required to pay the bill and you will have a lifetime warranty from the outside bodyshop for the work done.
    3. For the Seatbelt noise, have them try to repair it and take it out for a drive to test it and bring it back if it is not right.
    If the dealership does not meet your needs then call the GM customer care center. They will call the dealership and find out what the problems are. They will probably back the dealership and your only recourse then is to travel the course of the Auto BBB which they will explain to you.
    This can take anywhere from 6 to 18 months to resolve.

GO to another Dealership if possible.

I am a GM employee and I have had to go this route several times. My problems weren't with the dealership but with the GM Service Rep who tied the hands of the dealer service department. I've owned 45 new GM vehicles and their products have improved greatly and they have really good vehicles, but their service at some of their dealerships is very poor. You aren't just purchasing a vehicle, you are also buying service. Hummer dealerships are few and going to another is not possible at times.
    So write down your concerns, approach your salesman and service manager and explain your problems and the resolutions you need. If the problems described by you are such, they will not have a foot to stand on. If no luck at getting the problems fixed, Call GM, start the complaint process and provide as much documentation as possible for the BBB.
    Good Luck
    Thank you very much for the help, I have emailed my salesman with the list of problems and he had the General Manager contact me, when the sunroof seal comes in we will setup a meeting when I bring the car in and he wants to see all the problems. Per our conversation he said the he himself will make sure everything is done properly this time. What will come of this we will see I guess but as you said I did and will keep all documentation, I meant to take pictures as well but as you suggested I will also take pics of other vehicles on the lot. Thanks again for the help
    I got another question, I am not sure if this is even considered a flaw. From the start the leather on the steering wheel was wrinkled on one of the arms from airback to the wheel. I was not going to complain about it, but now that I am so irritated this thing started to drive me nuts. I am planning to bring this up with them too. Do you think I am right to do so ?
    If it's wrong it's wrong. They shouldn't care either way as they will replace it with a new one, and get paid for doing so.
  • cz3cqgcz3cqg Member Posts: 25
    Raffi76, just keep doing what you are doing. If something does not appear right, bring it to the dealerships attention. Always compare your problem to another vehicle if you are pointing it out to the service department. What we think are problems may not be to the service department.
    The service department may have their hands tied by the GM customer Rep in that they are told not to perform the work until he gives his okay or he tells them it is not a warranty issue. Be reasonable and polite with everyone but firm. A problem must be repaired to your satisfication but don't expect perfection. Building a vehicle from the groundup is different then tearing down portions of it and placing it back together. It will take some effort on your part but because of your investment, it is worthwhile. You may not buy GM again, but presently you have to deal with the hand dealt. If the dealership keeps their word, everyone wins and you might buy from the same dealership again because they will take care of you. Like I said, when you buy a vehicle you are also purchasing the service department and at times determines if a customer comes back, I've owned Toyota, Nissan, Ford and GM products and dealerships are pretty much the same around.
  • 104thcavalry104thcavalry Member Posts: 10
    I have been looking at the H3 for about 3 months so far. I have a few tips to pass on to shoppers. First, get a GMID number, seems too good to be true but I saved me $2500 mspr, and I was able to get a few addition dollars off from there. Next, look at the Sticker. There was several price increases on the H3 in it's short life. The early build H3 Adventure packages cost $1025 to $1125. The later Adventure packages run as much at $1650. Several of the other options were raised in prices too. I was looking at two H3, side by side, one early build one later build. The price difference for just the icrease in options was over $1500. Good luck
    What is this GMID number everyone talks about ? and if I already purchased the car can I still apply it if I get one ? :D
    I am 5' 11" and there is no excess noise or turbulence in my vehicle with the sunroof down; I only feel a breeze while running 60 mph down the highway. I see no reason to complain unless you are over 6'-3" or possibly moving at over 80 mph, or they just installed the sunroof improperly.
    The GMID stands for GM in your driveway. It has to be given to you by a GM employee. I think if you use thier number they get something , not sure what. What you get is a set price 10 to 15% below invoice. I doubt you can use it retro actively. Lots of hidden savings on the H3 if you look hard enough
  • marblezmarblez Member Posts: 32
    GMID pricing is not below invoice would be great if it was :) . GMID gives you the GM supplier price which varies by vehicle, you get a link to a special version of GM Buypower where the List and Supplier price is listed. Example: H3 Base with Auto and sunroof. MSRP 32145...GMID Price 29795...Invoice 29460. Savings are 2350 off list or 335 over invoice.
    Employee's don't get anything for giving out GMID's. But the plant My wife and I work at makes a lot of parts for H2 and H3 so it is job securty I suppose. We still have 2 left for this month, if anyone is looking for one.
    Later
    Paul Francis
    I wish that the GMID number would reward the person giving it. It is such a good sales incentive. When I went to the dealership (Wright Hummer, Wexford PA) they were willing to deal but the GMiD number seemed to satisfy both sides without the endless haggling that seems to come with GM dealers. I was pleased with the Wright Hummer sales department and would recommend them, I have yet to pick up the Hummer so delivery and service can not yet be rated
  • jhl1963jhl1963 Member Posts: 19
    I believe it does reward the person giving it (at least the guy who gave it to me (which it should!) see below from my email with the certificate #.

"The Incentive program is called AMBASSADOR 2 and it allows the Employee to earn 100 reward dollars for each Referral that purchases a GM product. Each Employee can earn a maximum of 1000 reward dollars that can be used towards a purchase / lease of a GM product. Each Referral must own / lease a Non-GM vehicle that is less than 20 years old and their purchase will either replace this Non-Gm vehicle or the purchase will reside alongside this Non-Gm vehicle. The Referral may also be a first time GM product buyer. "

I just got an H3 and was only able to do so because of the supplier price and am very greatful to the gentleman who gave it to me.
  • jgittlemanjgittleman Member Posts: 3
    Can I have one What does this get you employee pricing?
    I am getting an invoice deal this Sat.
    No, I'm only about 5' 4", the sunroom just had a really bad wind noise. Maybe just something wrong with that car.
  • mrc3mrc3 Member Posts: 3
    Paul,

I am purchasing an H3 in the next couple of days and would be interested in the GMID. Do you still have one left?

Thanks

M. Cumbow
    mrcumbow@comcast.net