Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300/300C

Comments

• hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Thanks for correction. I had the Dodge Magnum with 5.7L V8 confused with the Chrysler 300. :confuse:
  • vic10vic10 Member Posts: 188
    I drove an Intrepid with the 2.7 V6 for three years and never had a bit of trouble with it or the transmission. It was reasonably peppy in the Intrepid but I think the 300 weighs considerably more. You'd probably be much happier with the 3.5. Interestingly enough the 3.5 is posted as getting better gas mileage. As for me, I got the Hemi and haven't looked back (except to see my dust....). ;)
  • freddarrfreddarr Member Posts: 2
    Yes, they checked the computer codes but they could not see anything relevent.
  • digitalgraveldigitalgravel Member Posts: 14
    If you look at the incentives or rebates for this vehicle you will notice that Chrysler is not doing a whole lot (no employee discount on this car or should I say their so called "employee pricing plus"). Although they do have a whopping $500 rebate which they are calling cash to customer, but if you look in the financing category there are no low APR incentives available at this time. The 500 rebate ends October 3, 2005. At that time, what are Chrysler's plans in respect to having some type of now APR incentive or any other type of incentive/rebate for this vehicle? I am ready to purchase this vehicle but i am trying to figure out when Chrysler is going to start giving resonable APR rates. I have a good credit score at 850. So I am not too happy with having to get a 5.95% But at the same time I am getting tired of playing the waiting game with Chrysler.

Anyone work for Chrysler on this forum? Or does anyone have any information about this issue? If so any info would be greatly appreciated.
  • cerberus300cerberus300 Member Posts: 21
    When I bought my 300 Touring way back in February, the dealer told me that the 2.7 litre engine was such a problem that DCX were considering dropping the engine altogether. In fact now if you go onto the DCX Canada web site, the 2.7 engine is unavailable in the "build and price" section.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    These vehicles are selling just fine with very minimal incentives. Why would DCX want to add incentives when they don't need to? Traditionally, incentives are for the products that don't sell well without them. Get a low APR loan from a credit union or other favorable source, take the $500, and buy that new 300!
  • smithedsmithed Member Posts: 444
    "I have a good credit score at 850. So I am not too happy with having to get a 5.95% But at the same time I am getting tired of playing the waiting game with Chrysler".

It may take awhile for you to wait DC out waiting for a big rebate or low financing on a 300C. It may be that they've found they don't need to do it for this vehicle.

I took the $500 and got 4.25% financing from the credit union.

Enjoying the C. :D
  • rumblenrumblen Member Posts: 1
    Im considering buying a 300 and I just happened to be searcing through some sites when I came across this:

"I have a good credit score at 850. So I am not too happy with having to get a 5.95% But at the same time I am getting tired of playing the waiting game with Chrysler".

850 is not a good score, it is the highest credit score available. With that kind of score and an acceptable DTI ratio you should be able to walk into any lender and get no more than a 4% apr.

BTW in my years of selling money I have NEVER seen an actual 850 score. Congrats.
    Yes your right, 850 is not a good score its an excellent score. Matter of fact, its like having Bill Gates credit. The hightest credit score available is 950. After looking at my credit report I did make a mistake its an 830 not 850 (but just as good). When I went to the dealer thats the best rate they said that they can give me 5.95% due to fact that the vehicle that I want financed is the 300. So your saying that I can get a better rate if I apply for a loan at my own bank?
  • hraohrao Member Posts: 78
    Did anyone check the Chrysler website,
    they claim 300 is the most awarded car ever in history, ?????
    is that really true ?
  • dfalconerdfalconer Member Posts: 5
    As far as I know the 2.7 has never been available in the 300 in Canada. Those built with that engine are/were destined for the USA market and rental business the primary target.
    Perhaps the dealer did not want to sell you the base model. He might have made a greater profit by selling you the Touring opposed to the Base model, but just speculation. When I went to the dealer one salesmen told me that the 2.7 engine is the most troubled engine made by chrysler. He was really pushing the for me to buy the Touring. I am still really undecided at this point I can go either way. Is it really worth $4,000 more to get a slightly bigger engine? If you think about it that is a lot of additional money for a minor upgrade, what are your thoughts people? After doing the math, it will be $100 more per month if I get the Touring model. I need help with my decision. All opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
  • lavender1lavender1 Member Posts: 33
    Go for the touring.Better ride much quiter and about the same milage as the 2.7.You won't regret it except fot the $100 more a month!!! I got the C and wouldn't have it any other way. :)
  • bangaroo1bangaroo1 Member Posts: 3
    It is true. Here is a fairly comprehensive list.

1. 2005 North American Car of the Year
    2. 2005 AUTOMOBILE Magazine - Automobile of the Year
    3. Auto Week - America's Best Sedan: 300C
    4. Edmunds Editors' Most Wanted Vehicle for 2005: Chrysler 300
    5. Edmunds.com - Top 10 Hippest
    6. 2005 Car and Driver - 10 Best "Full-Size Sedan."
    7. SmartMoney - "Best Full Size Sedan."
    8. Money Magazine - Car of the Year.
    9. Life Magazine - "The Sexiest Cars of 2005"
    10. Maxim Magazine - Car of the Year
    11. African Americans On Wheels/Urban Wheel Awards - Car of the Year
    12. Automotive Rhythms - Urban Elite Car of the Year
    13. Automotive Fleet - Fleet Car of the Year
    14. ROAD & TRAVEL Magazine - "2005 International Car of the Year"
    15. Advertising Age - 10 Hottest Cars.
    16. Detroit News - Car of the Year
    17. Motor Trend - car of the year
    18. ICOTY - Car of the year (International Car of the Year)
    19. Motoringtv.com - Car of the year - Luxury division
    20. AJAC (Auto Journalists of Canada) - Car of the year - Luxury division
    21. Robb Report - Top ten list
    22. Executive Life - Top 10 Cars for CEOs
    23. Detroit Free Press - Car of the Year
    24. Kiplinger's Personal Finance - 2004 Best New Car
    25. eCity of Style - Fifth Annual Auto Style Award
    26. CNN Money - Best Large Car 2005
    27. MotorWeek TV - Best Family Sedan
    28. International Carwash Association - 300C Most Washable Car of 2005
    29. Motor Trend May 2005 - Chrysler 300c Best Overall Value - Large car

http://home.comcast.net/~300_C/
  • bangaroo1bangaroo1 Member Posts: 3
    I have a C and have not driven the touring or base. But if you can afford the touring, you should get it. I have seen a lot of touring owners say they like the performance and acceleration. Not many with the base speak favorably of the performance/acceleration. Here is the complete list of all the additional features you get when you get the touring. This list is from 2004 (for the 2005 model year). Not sure if it has since changed for the 2006 year.

CHRYSLER 300 TOURING STANDARD FEATURES
    Includes all Chrysler 300 standard features plus replaced by:
    • 17-inch seven-spoke aluminum wheels
    • 3.5-liter, SOHC, High Output, 24-valve V-6 engine mated to a four-speed automatic transmission
    • All-speed Traction Control
    • Available all-wheel drive with five-speed automatic transmission with AutoStick
    • Body-color power heated foldaway mirrors
    • Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Emergency Brake Assist
    • Fog lamps
    • Leather-trimmed seats, steering wheel and shift knob
    • Power four-wheel disc anti-lock brakes

http://home.comcast.net/~300_C/
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,944
    maybe the "receiver of the most number of DIFFERENT awards" ... maybe. But if its just overall number of awards, I'd probably put my money on Accord. I mean, hasn't the Accord gotten in the double digits JUST from C&D's 10 best?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• cerberus300cerberus300 Member Posts: 21
    I went to several Chrysler dealers during Jan and Feb and all had 2.7, 3.5 and HEMIs in stock. All spoke about the 2.7 being too small for the car size. Whilst the dealers were prepping the cars for testing, a couple mentioned the problems with the 2.7. I also remember the DCX Canada web site had 2.7s on the base model selector. I was originally considering getting the 3.5 limited as I couldn't afford the insurance on the HEMI, but the limited didn't come with cloth seats so went for the touring instead.
    For those that dont know.................

The Chrysler 300 Touring model with the "signature series" package costs $30,540, including destination. It has a navigation system, Sirius Satellite Radio, a moonroof, a Boston Acoustics sound system and other upgrades.

So my question is this...... When can we start seeing these vehicles at the dealer?
  • rhroyerrhroyer Member Posts: 1
    It's more than just the engine. You also get leather interior, and aluminum wheels.
    Chrysler spent many millions of dollars revamping the 2.7 for that application. The base is probably the best deal on the market right now, but you have to get the stability control! The touring will also have that. If you live where there is snow, that's the ONLY way to go. As far as markup, it's only $400 different.
    ""maybe the "receiver of the most number of DIFFERENT awards" ... maybe. But if its just overall number of awards, I'd probably put my money on Accord. I mean, hasn't the Accord gotten in the double digits JUST from C&D's 10 best?""

They mean awards for NEW cars in one year. Accord and Camry make lists for years and years, but that's not the same thing, is it? :shades:
  • 01wht3501wht35 Member Posts: 8
    I have a 2005 Sig-Series (one of the last made). I think that it is a great value overall. I just read in Chrysler owners mag that the 06 Sig-Series will be in showrooms "this fall" for a limited time. I was unable to find any specific dates for the 300s. Good Luck!
    Has any one heard about the recall for the 300 s???,Something to do with the transmission.
  • vic10vic10 Member Posts: 188
    Cars equipped with the "42RLE" transmission (the article didn't say if that's the hemi transmission or the V6 one) may not be able to properly engage Park, causing the vehicle to roll if on an incline. Due to a poor retention of a "parking pawl shaft" or something like that. The fix is to install a bracket to assure retention. The recall is also for various Jeep and Dodge truck vehicles, making me think it must be the hemi transmission.
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    I understand that it is only the V-6's not the hemi.
  • goofytimlgoofytiml Member Posts: 41
    Here's a link to the MSNBC article. However it doesn't ID the transmission or type of 300. Here is an excerpt... "The recall involves some 2005 model year Jeep Liberty, Jeep Wrangler, Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum, Dodge Dakota/Mitsubishi Raider pickups and Dodge Durango vehicles equipped with some six-cylinder engines and automatic transmissions.

Chrysler spokesman Max Gates said that a plug inside the transmission may be missing or improperly staked, potentially preventing the driver from placing the shifter in the “park” position. No accidents or injuries have been associated with the possible defect, he said."

However, the 2005 Chrysler 300 link at New Chrysler Recalls page at automotive.com doesn't indicate anything about a transmission recall... only seat belts and battery cables... as of the time of this post.
  • goofytimlgoofytiml Member Posts: 41
    Here's the pertinent recall link at autosite.com. The same wording is shown on all "varieties" of 300 vehicles, so it's impossible to tell precisely whether it is limited to the V6 transmission or not.

On the Chrysler Recall Contact site you have to have the last eight characters of your VIN to find out about any recalls specific to your vehicle.
    Has your dealer done a 4 wheel alignment yet? Some times the rear end needs to be adjusted.Also check your air pressure .
  • cruiselinercruiseliner Member Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone,
    I've started my google search to see if the 300s have had air conditioning issues, and came across this forum which I'll be looking at from now on.
    Got my 2006 300 Touring 3.5 V6 in May. The first week the AC started blowing out hot from the AC side and cold on the Heat side of the control. Now this is the standard control that the base model has, not the fancier one. Dealer replaced it with same saying the controller was defective.
    Thing is it's blows about 5 seconds of heat before the AC kicks in. Now living in SFla, its possible..but not when it's in a covered garage.

Kicker was driving back from Orlando last week, when Aircon 'mist cloud' came through the vents for half an hour and the last hour of driving had no AC. The fan wouldn't blow at any speed low or high. Had it off for an hour and tried it again and it was working again!

Anyone had this kind of issue or know of the problem?
    My job has me flying out of the country so going to the dealer is REALLY a hardship, though I know I've got to go this time, was hoping someone could help me steer the conversation so that I only have to go in once for the repair instead of thinking it's a car with a lemon AC and going in for constant warrenty repair.

Thanks,
    Adam
  • bobf1bobf1 Member Posts: 2
    There is a TSB out (24-012-05 dated July 27,2005) covering this problem for 2006 300's. I had the same problem in my 2006 300C and they flashed the PCM with the latest flash update. Mine happened at less than 1,000 miles four times until I had it fixed. The evaporator froze up. Regards, Bobf1
  • cruiselinercruiseliner Member Posts: 2
    Ah that's great news, really takes a load off my mind and gets me out of the "it broke-fix it" customer.
    Now I can go back to dreaming of the next thing to do to the car while keeping the stock look..Window Tint. Maybe Huper Optik for night time visability.

Thanks Bob!
  • jfanellijfanelli Member Posts: 1
    So, after spending hours test driving and going over options and pricing for a new 300C, I have learned that the dealers cannot order a 300C with the Black Leather interior (the one with the perforated suede inserts). Despite the printed catalog and web site showing this interior color option as available with the 300C, i'm told it can only be ordered with the SRT8. If this is true, it appears to be a shameless attempt by DCX to force consumers to the substantially more expesive vehicle just to get what is clearly going to be a popular simple option (black interior). My wife hates the other color options, and we'll probably go with a Cadillac if we can't order the 300c the way we want it.

I called two dealers in two different states to verify this and got the same answer. Does anyone have any ideas?
  • tolenashtolenash Member Posts: 52
    Perhaps order your 300C w/ your options and have the interior carpets, door panels, seats, headliner, dash, trim, et all. replaced by a competent shop to get the black leather/black interior you so desire?

you might still come out ahead vs. a Cadillac or the SRT-8.
  • kevm14kevm14 Member Posts: 423
    Dark slate gray appears pretty dark to me. Sure it's not black (l love black interiors) but if a slight shade difference in interior color is enough to push you into another car, then did you really want this car in the first place? Or are you just stubbornly defending your principles?
  • celonabarcelonabar Member Posts: 5
    I bought a prism for my dash on my 56 chevy from The classic chevy club , out of Orlando Florida-- I had a sunvisor on the 56 and had a problem with street lights. The prism worked great, and it looked good too. Everyone who saw it asked about it , great conversational piece.
    I am interested in the Signature Series and I wanted to know the exact date that I can expect it at the dealer. I visited a Chrysler dealer and the salesmen had no clue as to what I was talking about. After doing some research on my own, I found some information about it at this link. http://www.gefleet.com/fleet/your_office/intouch/chryslerus_status.htm

it says that the Option Build Out Date is 12/23/2005.

Hopefully someone can help me out.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    300C CRD
    On paper, performance is pretty good. 0-60 in 7.3 seconds, top speed 143mph, and 376lb of torque in the mid-range.
    What do you think of this? More performance than 3.5L six and better fuel economy.
    Not available in North America, not yet anyway.
  • mbutler1mbutler1 Member Posts: 22
    HEY TIMCAR..I JUST BOUGHT A 300C BLACK; FULLY LOADED...AND JUST LUVV THE CAR. BUT RECENTLY[AFTER 2MONTHS]IVE HAD THIS WIND NOISE ON THE DRIVER SIDE LIKE THE WINDOW IS PARTLY DOWN. WELL TIM, OFCOURSE STRAIGHT TO THE DEALERSHIP I WENT. I WAS TOLD IT WOULD TAKE 2 TO 3 HRS TO FIX. GOT IT BACK, SAME NOISE!! TOOK IT BACK AGAIN... KEPT IT A WHOLE DAY. GOT IT BACK, SAME NOISE!! TOOK IT BACK AGAIN....... THEY HAVE HAD IT FOR 3 GOING ON 4 WEEKS NOW. CALLED YESTERDAY TO SEE WHAT THE DEAL IS!! TO ONLY FIND OUT THAT THEY HAVE CALLED IN A "CHRYSLER TEC" FROM DETROIT ARE WHEREEVER TO TELL THEM WHATS UP ABOUT THIS NOISE. ........."BUT I HEARD THRU THE GRAPEVINE THAT WHENVEVER THEY CALL IN THE "TECS" ITS TIME FOR..A NEW CAR....THE ONE YOU HAVE IS A LEMON!!!!!.... :lemon: ...I ANT GOT NOOOOOOOOO PROBLEM WITH THAT MY FRIEND. :D:);)
  • carmen2carmen2 Member Posts: 7
    My 2006 300 limlted 3.5 has a knock under low rpm.The dealer wants to drop the pan and also brake down the engine tofind the problem.The car has 6900 miles.Called chrysler cannot get any help.Also gas mileage is not good.Ihave had other 3.5 engines with no problems. carmen2
  • shep4shep4 Member Posts: 10
    Hey Carmen, It is almost impossible to fix your engine unless a mechanic can look inside and see what is hitting what. After all it was put together by mechanics with wrenches and loose parts--a few with loose parts in their heads. They do make mistakes, or a bit o bad metal, maybe a loose nut. The alternative is for you to be buzzing down the road in heavy traffic at 80MPH and the piece falls off---now you really have a problem. I've been running Chrysler products since the '70s. Never knew Chrysler to fail to keep their word but they have to know what needs fixing. No one will ever know the pan came off from looking at the engine.
  • carmen2carmen2 Member Posts: 7
    Shep i know that.I dont know why if the problem came from the factory,why i have to worry about getting it fixed?They said the factory rep told them that is what to do.I guess i have no other choice.I have had a 3.5 engine since 1994 so i know this engine.Just came back from a 140 mile trip,26 miles mpg all hiway.My other 3.5 would give in the very high 20ths.Thanks for your help
    That is a different 3.5 liter engine. The 3.5 being used now was new in 1999, when the second generation LH cars came out. Initially it came in two sizes--3.2 and 3.5 liter, but the 3.2 displacement was dropped from the Intrepids, Concordes later during the run. (I have a 1999 Intrepid with the 3.2--great through 103,000 miles.) The 3.5 in the 300s, Magnum and Chargers is the new engine. The new one is all aluminum, and I believe the 1994 was an iron block engine.

Enjoy the ride! :shades:
  • incontrolincontrol Member Posts: 12
    Hello all, I am considering a 300C, and would go with the AWD, however, I have read negative things about the way this car handles/drives compared to the RWD. Any comments?
  • jjtawdcjjtawdc Member Posts: 2
    incontrol,

Perhaps you can be more specific about the "negative things" you read about the way the AWD car "handle/drives" in comparison to the RWD.

Joe
  • phillyfanphillyfan Member Posts: 11
    I have the 300c awd. it handles beautifully. I have driven the rwd and there is no noticeable difference.
  • her300cher300c Member Posts: 1
    We bought a used magnesium 2005 300c a few weeks ago, that has the navigation system in it (love this car!). The car was originally sold in June 2004, so the nav DVD that came with it is quite old. I live just north of Edmonton and do a lot of traveling outside of the 2 major Alberta cities. There is absolutely no map data once you leave Edmonton or Calgary city limits.
    Obviously I need to upgrade the map DVD, but before I fork over $150 for a new release, I would like to know if the coverage for Western Canada is now any better. I called the 800 number listed in the manual, but the person who answered could barely find Canada on the map, let alone provide any information about the coverage for Western Canada.
    If anyone has a newer release of the software than I have, and are located in Alberta, can you please let me know if the coverage is any better once you leave Edmonton or Calgary? If you provide the software version you have that would help me when I order as well.
    While I'm at it, is there any way to set the nav system up so that when you switch to it, you don't have to hit enter on that annoying acknowledge screen, then cancel to view the map of where you currently are???
    Thanks in Advance for any help you can provide!
  • incontrolincontrol Member Posts: 12
    Well, this was an article written by "the Car Family" which stated the AWD felt "heavier, more cumbersome, bulkier, different to drive, overstuffed, cranky, doesn't connect to the road as well, noisier, and went over bumps like a pick-up" as compared to a RWD. (think they didn't like it ;) There is also the issue of looks. The AWD rides slightly higher off the ground (more space between fender and tire) which takes away from its natural low-rider look.

Of course, I will go and road test one before buying. It's just that AWD's a little hard to find. But I do appreciate your comments, thanks all! :):):)
  • 300csc300csc Member Posts: 3
    Did you have a "Pop" in your front end? If so, did these parts fix your car? I am being told by the service manager the are wanting to cut a piece out of my frame and weld another piece in to fix my problem. I have a major problem with cutting on my frame.
  • 300csc300csc Member Posts: 3
    Has your noise in the front suspension been resolved? If so, what did they do to fix it? Was the noise a "pop"? I'm getting desperate for answers. I have a pop in my front suspension the dealer has replaced the engine craddle, sway bar, sway bar links, and still have the noise. The service manager is telling me he thinks the noise is coming from the frame rails he wants to cut them out and weld in new rails. I do not want my frame cut on. The tire wear is due to the continental tires, I was told Chrysler would replace my tires with Goodyear tires.
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    I also have a C but did not order the Nav system for exactly that same reason that coverage was for the birds out here.

There are much cheaper and better systems available on the market and I can sure buy a lot of maps for the 2800 bucks they were asking for my factory order.

Save your money until someone can give you a definite answer, and as far as your comment on the conversation you had with the person at the 1-800 number, it is pretty sad that they can't find someone who at least took geography at school!!!!!
  • 240z240z Member Posts: 1
    I have heard rumors for years...when will they make the car?