Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon and Yukon Denali Problems

Comments

• wrogers14wrogers14 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 GMC Yukon and my rear wiper will randomly move back and forth, not coming off of its resting point entirely but still move back and forth annoyingly for random amounts of time. It only stops doing this for a matter of seconds before resuming.

If I use my blinker is starts to actually wipe as if i pressed the button that sprays and wipes 5 or 6 times. I ended up just unbolting the arm and blade altogether to stop it. I might just disengage the motor but would like another solution.

Something has to be shorted out somewhere. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Will
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Sounds like the multi-function switch on the steering post. Doesn't the rear wiper function work off the same arm as the directionals?
  • sonny27sonny27 Member Posts: 3
    This has happened to me and the light is still on today !!
  • gmikeott1981gmikeott1981 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Just bought a used 2006 Yukon Denali. The vehicle has not been driven much in the past 5 years. The 3rd day of ownership the "service stability" and "service tire pressure monitor" warnings came on along with the ABS and "check brake" lights. The ABS and check brakes just flashed and went away but the service stability and service tire pressure monitor stayed on until the vehicle was turned off. Upon restarting they went away. This has been going on for several days. Figured the battery might be going bad, which it was so I replaced it. After replacement, took it out for a drive again and the service stability and service ride system warnings came on along with the check battery. And again, once the vehicle was turned off and restarted the warnings were all gone.

Also, the Navigation/Radio system has sporadically turned itself off and then back on while driving several times.

To me there is a bug in the electrical system somewhere, maybe a bad cable. Has anyone experienced something like this?? Please help, thanks in advance.
  • sonny27sonny27 Member Posts: 3
    I have had the same problem but have never seen the message reduce power engine . Have you had any luck fixing this problem ?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    gmikeott1981,
    I would recommend taking the vehicle in the next time these lights come on. If you can leave the vehicle running so the dealer can see the warning lights on and check for codes. Please keep me updated on your situation. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • batmanjrbatmanjr Member Posts: 1
    Please Help!! Our 2007 yukon wont start at all?? about 2 months the lights on the dashboard went out completely and now the car just wont start?
    batmanjr,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Have you spoke with your dealer or Customer Assistance? If not, I would recommend doing so. Please keep me updated on what your dealer says.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • msdenali07msdenali07 Member Posts: 2
    I had the same problem at the end of August. I needed a battery. My truck has been fine since then. Somehow it wasn't holding a charge although the battery was fine. I now have a higher charged battery. I hope this helps!
    sonny27,

Sorry to hear about the problems with your vehicle. Were you planning on taking the vehicle to a GM dealership? Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • mark1567mark1567 Member Posts: 1
    We have a 2011 Yukon Denali XL, 12,000 miles. I have noticed that it is all of a sudden riding very rough. The left front shock feels like it is not working at all and the front seems to bottom out on small bumps. I looked underneath and can see the underside of the left coil spring where it is actually contacting each coil and the right side does not show this. You can feel the auto ride working on the rear but feels like it is not working at all in front. Vehicle also sits 3/4" lower on the right side. I followed my wife the other day and could see that it was leaning to the right. No codes have been thrown. What should we do?
  • roughd1roughd1 Member Posts: 12
    Does the 04 Yukon XL Denali have 100 or 145 amp alternator? I have checked the owners manual and the alternator itself with no luck.
  • godmudder1godmudder1 Member Posts: 12
    I am glad to say I got rid of my Yukon Denali and will never buy another gm product due to their horrible customer service... My husband us turning in his lacrosse 2yrs early to also be done w gmc... Lost customer !!!
    105 AMP has part # 10464481

145 AMP has part # 10464476
  • yoski33yoski33 Member Posts: 1
    Im new here, and recently bout a 98 Yukon Denali. There is a few things wrong with it. Just little things really, but enough to aggravate me. The first on is my rear cargo door (very back door) They open left to right instead of up and down. The first door opens but the second one doesn't, I took the trim off and it doesn't even look like the actuator is connected to the handle. The second is when I open the door the done light doesn't come on, but when I toggle the dome light to come on it comes on and my dome override isn't engaged. These are just a few things thats going on right now, Ill probably post more later. Anything can help. Thanks in advance.
  • bigred30bigred30 Member Posts: 1
    the front passenger door of our denali will not open. It use to open if we played with the lock on the inside but no longer. We used a slim jim to see if maybe the door would unlocked and open by chance but still no good. How do we open the door when i have not access to get the panel off? :sick:
  • tnyabinghitnyabinghi Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a used 2001 Denali, 110K and I drove it home. It rides very well but after about 30 miles, the "service engine soon" light came on. Still no problem driving, no sounds, etc. Took it to a local mechanic and he stated that the transmission was slipping or it was a bad cylinder, per two codes that came up.
    I really don't believe I bought a lemon, just trying to get an idea of the cost or is this alarm at this stage normal, etc. Looking for any feedback.

Thanks!
  • denalikingdenaliking Member Posts: 4
    Sounds like bull. Check engine is mostly emissions. Don't go back to that guy.
  • jacyndaearljacyndaearl Member Posts: 7
    I have an 03 Denali and they have been telling me the tranny is slipping for years now. It sometimes takes it a second longer to get into 2nd gear, but I figure it has lasted this long and I'll fix it when it dies! Check engine light usually means an o2 sensor and those go bad frequently and make it run a bit rough, nothing earth shattering. Not thinking you got a lemon just someone who wants to make money. Go to autozone or whatever auto parts store you frequent and use their OBD code reader for free. Then you can look up the codes yourself online. Good luck. I just wish I knew what I could do to fix the peeling paint on my glovebox, dash and center console.... Anyone?
    Good luck
    Jacynda
    ****update*****

When I am in drive, the truck makes a thud and gets into gear really fast, still rides smooth, just makes a loud noise when I first begin to drive.
  • mamastewartmamastewart Member Posts: 1
    I have had a 2003 Denali XL for a little over a year now. It has 126k miles. The other day when I was driving, I heard a kind of clanging metal sound, but it just lasted for a second and I couldn't even be sure it was coming from my truck, but it was pretty loud. Ever since, I have had this rubbing noise coming from (what sounds like) the front driver's side wheel. It is not a grinding or squealing at all, just a rub. It is not a constant rub, but like there is one point on the tire or wheel that is rubbing on something (rub...rub...rub) and it increases and decreases in frequency, but not loudness, in relation to the speed I am driving. It seems like it might increase in loudness some when I am turning, but I am not for sure on that. I haven't driven it much since it started. I checked all four tires and do not see any bubbles in the tires that might be rubbing or any rub marks on the fender wells or anything. The brakes seem to be working fine, no issues there or any additional sounds or vibration when braking. Any ideas?!
  • nowwhat2nowwhat2 Member Posts: 9
    Our 2003 Denali just started a new trick. When in driver setting one, as we back out of the drive. The locks go unlocked, reset them and few minutes or bumps later they will unlock again. It happened three of four times today. But after that it didn't do it again. This has been an intermittent deal for a few weeks now. Doesn't do it on setting two.
  • btshaw4btshaw4 Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2009 Yukon SLT that just went dead the other day on my way home from work and I had to get it towed. The dealer looked at it and said that the fuel pump was bad so they replaced it. Once that was replaced it would crank but was obviously still having issues so all 8spark plugs were replaced because they were "burnt up". But still the sputtering continued. They then found out that the dowel pin in the cam shaft was broken. When they started to replace that they noticed that the cam bearings were broken so I was informed that the entire engine was going to be replaced. I am trying to decide now if I should try and sell/trade this vehicle after it is back running or consider it a good thing because now I have a brand new engine that was covered under warranty. What are everyone's thoughts? Thanks.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    I can understand why you are considering selling or trading the vehicle. Just for your information, this new engine will have its own Replacement Parts warranty on it for 36 months/100,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Either way, if we can be of further assistance please don't hesitate to get in touch via email. I hope you have a very happy holiday season!

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • greatlakes_vehgreatlakes_veh Member Posts: 11
    We had a similar situation with an '07 Yukon....nothing but electrical problems and the engine had to be completely remanufactured. It now has over 100k miles on it and we decided that, (since hopefully most issues have been repaired)....we would take a huge gamble and keep it. It truly is a huge gamble....
  • rsauser1rsauser1 Member Posts: 1
    my headlights just stopped working yesterday and the switch on the dash was in the right position. The high beams still work - anyone have a problem similar to this with a reasonably easy fix
  • elmermaxelmermax Member Posts: 3
    Until a few days ago I would only have praise for my truck but now all in the space of one day my key fobs no longer work, the passenger window,door lock,seat heat and side mirror don't work.....any ideas? All the fuses are fine.
    elmermax,
    Thank you for sharing your experiences with your post. Can you please email me your VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer? I look forward to your email. Happy Holidays!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    rsauser1,
    I would recommend speaking with the dealer. They will be able to at least diagnosis the concern for you. Please keep us updated on your situation.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • rose56rose56 Member Posts: 3
    I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 2011 DENALI. tHE PASSENGER HEAT SEAT LIGHT GOES ON , BUT NO HEAT REACHES THE SEAT. WHAT DOES THIS SOUND LIKE? I HOPE ITS AN EASY FIX THE CAR IS ALMOST NEW.
    I looked through the resources I have available, and wasn't able to find anything to help troubleshoot this with you. Do you plan on visiting your dealership? As your vehicle is a 2011, you are well within the New Vehicle Limited Warranty (Bumper-to-Bumper). Please keep us updated!

Happy New Year,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • bc2005bc2005 Member Posts: 1
    My Yukon started acting up the other day. It has developed a misfire and under load it sounds like a loud spark knock. There is no knock on free rev only under load. It does not knock until the engine gets some temp in it.I have pulled the codes and they indecicate a misfire on #5 cylinder along with a heater circuit on #1 Bank #1.I have done the drill - New AC plugs /Wires/Cap/Rotor/Compression check.My next step is the infamous injection spider.

Any Input would be appreciated
  • mcoleman08mcoleman08 Member Posts: 6
    I also have a 2007 and had to have my engine replaced at 50K, how is your vehicle running currently? The only problem I seem to be noticing is my milage has gone down to 11.7 mpg from about 15 mpg over the past year. Also at times the vehicle will hesitate when execrating, like its missing a gear. What major maintenance have you completed? Im sort of unclear on what is required at this milage point and do I really have 30K on my truck or is it the 80k that is accurate ? Thanks for any help you can assist me on.

Melissa
  • irwinm1irwinm1 Member Posts: 1
    I also got code p2138 from on star. I saw your post and disconnected the battery and then the sensor connection on the gas pedal. It worked! no more service stabilitrak or reduced engine power. This is the second time this happened to my 2009 Yukon Denali. It happened a month ago and the dealer replaced my throttle body. Then happened again yesterday. Thankful this worked after reading all of the posts on reduced engine power.
  • elmermaxelmermax Member Posts: 3
    Hey, I fixed my problem it was a bad connection at the Passenger Door Module(master window switch) one of the connections has a lock on it that keeps it from coming lose mine had broken off at the clasp. I unplugged and secured with a cable tie until I can find the connector at a junk yard online. Anyway it works perfect and Whew what a savings vs the 400.00 plus repair for a bad PDM at the dealer.
  • el_nunyael_nunya Member Posts: 1
    A while back my service airbag light came on. It is a bit annoying, so started searching online for a possible reason (never wrecked). There's all kinds of airbag problems online. So husband got a SRS scanner/reader and got codes B0026, B0043, B0044, B0084, B0100, and B0104. Have searched recalls and technical service bulletins, called GMC customer service, and researched until I'm blue in the face. Any ideas?
    DTC B0026-stage 1 or B0044-stage 2 will set when one of the following conditions occurs:
    The SDM (system and diagnostic module) detects the steering wheel module deployment loop resistance is greater than 4.8 ohms for 500 milliseconds .
    The SDM detects the voltage at steering wheel module high control is less than 2.4 volts and steering wheel module deployment loop resistance is 6 ohms or greater for 500 milliseconds .

DTC B0084

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
    The inflatable restraint seat position sensor (SPS) is used to determine the proximity of a front driver or passenger seat position with respect to the frontal air bag. The SPS interfaces with the sensing and diagnostic module (SDM). The state of the SPS allows the SDM to disable stage 2 of the frontal air bag for a front seat that is forward of a forward/rearward point in seat track travel. The SPS is a hall effect sensor that is mounted on the outboard seat track of both the driver and passenger seats. The seat track includes a metal bracket that shunts the SPS magnetic circuit creating 2 states of seat position. The shunted state represents a rearward seat position. The non-shunted state represents a forward position. The SPS provides 2 current ranges, one range for the shunted state and a second range for a non-shunted state. These 2 states are inputs to the SDM. State 1 (shunted) being the rearward threshold and state 2 (non-shunted) being the forward threshold. When the SDM receives input from a SPS that state 1 threshold is reached (seat is rearward) the SDM will not disable stage 2 deployment, if required by the deployment sensors. When state 2 threshold is reached (seat is forward) the SDM will disable stage 2 deployment on the side the seat is forward. The SDM monitors the SPS circuit and if a fault is detected the SDM will set codes B0083 or B0084 and defaults to disabling stage 2 frontal deployment. This will only default on the side of the vehicle the sensor has a fault. Its important to understand that the SPS is secondary to the passenger presence system (PPS) and the manual instrument panel (I/P) module disable switch. If either one of these devices are in the disable mode the passenger air bag will not deploy regardless of the SPS status.

DTC B0100

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
    The inflatable restraint front end sensor utilizes a unidirectional 2-wire circuit. The front end sensor modulates current on the interface to send ID, State of Health, and deployment commands to the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM). The SDM serves as a power source and a ground for the front end sensor. When the ignition is turned on and input power from the SDM is first detected, the front end sensor responds by performing internal diagnostics and sending an ID to the SDM. The SDM considers the ID to be valid if the response time is less than 5 seconds . The front end sensor continually communicates status messages to the SDM, which determines if a fault is present in the front end sensor circuit. When a fault is detected, the SDM resets the front end sensor twice by removing and reapplying power. If the fault is still present, the SDM will set a DTC.

CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
    DTC B0100 and B0103 will set when one of the following conditions occur:
    A valid ID message is not received within 5 seconds of the front end sensor being powered up.
    Status message is not received.
    The SDM has failed twice to reset the front end sensor.
    DTC B0102 and B0105 will set when one of the following conditions occur:
    The SDM has received an ID message from the front end sensor which does not match the ID stored in the SDM memory.
    When 2 front end sensor resets are attempted without the correct identification being detected by the SDM.
    DTC B0101 and B0104 will set when the SDM has received 4 consecutive NOK (Not OK) messages from the front end sensor.
  • kkccdenalikkccdenali Member Posts: 1
    Driving down the road, we got the message service battery charging system, then all of sudden car no longer works. Got it towed to our dealer and of course now that we have had the car for a couple of months everything goes wrong. $3500 of service to get the thing up and running. Right after warranty ends. Alternator is bad, oil cap is leaking, ring on 4 wheel drive is broke, motor on the rear tailgate...the list goes on. Clearly the car was not built to last? What can I do since the warranty is technically up?
    Is your car still in at the dealership? If you would like to open a Service Request with us, we could explore what options may be available to you after doing some investigating. Please send us an email with your name/Edmunds user name, your contact information (phone and address please), the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership. My coworker Christina, who answers most of the emails from Edmunds, will advise you as to our next steps.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Have a 2000 Yukon Denali with about 113500 miles. Just had transmission rebuilt. Mechanic said rear differential is slipping because at times, it is slipping when I turn left or right. He told me to just keep driving it until I could no longer drive it. It could go out in a year or 5-6 years.
    I drive over 1000 miles a week and cannot afford to be put down on the road. Any suggestions?

Tahira
  • thebigman2thebigman2 Member Posts: 3
    I have the exact same problem. It is driving me crazy four batteries later.
  • mike678mike678 Member Posts: 5
    I am having the same issue with my 2005 Yukon Denali xl. I noticed the head lights and the dash lights flickering. At the same time the voltage meter was dropping and spiking between 12 - 16. I changed out my alternator but still having the issue. Have you changed your headlights recently? That is the only other thing I have changed when this started.
  • moto15moto15 Member Posts: 5
    We have an '03 Yukon Denali & it has had the same issue since it was new. Other than that, it's been an outstanding vehicle. Every time I turn off the Stabilitrak, the problem goes away. I discovered it when driving through some winding canyons at night. My personal opinion is that the Stabilitrak takes so much electricity to operate, it takes power away from everything else. Perhaps a larger alternator or larger battery may help. It's not that important to me. If I'm on a winding road where it's flickering alot, I just press the Stabilitrak button and turn it off. Hopes this helps.
    Thanks for the help. I will give that a try and see ifnitngoes away.
    Where is the stabilizer button. My Yukon is a 2005 XL Denali
  • roughd1roughd1 Member Posts: 12
    Had the radiator replaced about a year ago, ever since then the oil cooler inlet & outlet line fittings have been leaking where they attach to the radiator & have about 1/16" of play. Any ideas out there on this problem & how to correct it? Vehicle has 165K miles and didn't leak prior to radiator replacement.
  • moto15moto15 Member Posts: 5
    I'm not familliar with the '05. With my '03, there's an on/off button right on the dash.
    Are you speaking of the StabiliTrack system? StabiliTrak and part of the traction control system can be turned off or back on by pressing the StabiliTrak® button located on the instrument panel. The button looks like a vehicle with s-shaped tire tracks in its wake (see p. 4-9 in your owner's manual).

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Thanks
    This is my wife's car. I don't drive it to much.
    Thanks Sarah! What a great site to get questions answered. Brilliant for you guys to monitor and help your customers. I think this is also a great tool for you guys to see what problems or changes need to be made to your vehicles.
    Thanks again