Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon and Yukon Denali Problems

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hi Gravelguy,
    Please email me at socialmedia@gm.com. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    Before it catches on fire, that is! ;)

Regards,
    OW
    Hello Circlew,
    If you would like me to check into your concern please email me. You can get my email by clicking on my name. Thank you,
  • wildb454wildb454 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 96 yukon it wont start now i noticed its been getting hard to start in the morning then its starts ok unless it sits for a period of time. in the morning i would have to turn the keyon then turn it off 2 times before it would start can any one help me ialso took the line off the filter and turned it on and its getting fuel
  • kwgraveskwgraves Member Posts: 2
    Have had many problems with mine. Bought it brand new and it has never been in an accident.

First problem was a misaligned rear door that caught the back edge of the front door and dented it. Would not have believed it unless I witnessed it happening. Dealer offered to pay for half of the repair. This happened after a year.

Second problem is that the driver's side view mirror shakes when on the highway. The dealer tried adjusting the mirror in and out 3 times but this did not fix it. They don't know what else to try.

Third problem is that there is a split in the leather arm rest. Dealer said this is normal for a 3 year old car.

Fourth problem is that the windshield wipers randomly start and stop working. Dealer said that they cannot do anything unless they witness it.

Fifth problem is the the transmission will sometimes shift very abruptly. Dealer has kept up on transmission service. They feel that this is normal.

I really like buying a vehicle made in the U.S., but why should I have to suffer?
  • mcoleman08mcoleman08 Member Posts: 6
    I have a post on this look back in Aug 09:
    my 2007 did the same thing and the dealership replaced the battery and then after it happening 4 more times after that they told me it was the starter and I replaced that. It hasnt happened since but I did have my engine replaced 2 months ago and they paid for that Thank god! Good luck !
  • fish39fish39 Member Posts: 1
    Initially, the nav system will show my vehicle on the map correctly. once i enter a destination it will plot the route accurately. when i hit go, the route guidance says it will begin when i reach the highlighted route. this however, never happens and the vehicle will not move on the map to adjust to my current location. any thoughts? thanks for any help.
    Hello Kwgraves,
    I apologize that you are experiencing issues with your vehicle. Can you please email me more inforamtion about your situation so I can look into the situation further? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
    Hello Fish39,
    I apologize that you are experiencing and issue with your vehicle. Have you talked to your dealer about the problem that you are having with your nav system? Thank you,
  • kwgraveskwgraves Member Posts: 2
    Hi Mariah,

I cannot get your e-mail address off of your post. I looked further on the posts and found socialmedia@gm.com. Please confirm.

Thank you,

Keith Graves
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2010
    That's it.

Please note that we mask the @ sign in the forums to try to foil the spambots so you may need to manually type the email in. Or click on Mariah's profile and copy and paste her email from there.
    Hello Keith,
    That email address is correct. Thank you,
  • carnut57carnut57 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    I recently had a blow out in my 2001 Denali XL. The tire damaged the shock and I was able to do the work to replace it myself. The Service Ride Control message showed up on my message center. In having the system checked to reset the message, we discovered the port was not functioning to reset the message. Anyone with knowledge that could help me... who has knowledge about this port or how to replace it? It is a dealer only item.
  • lakers5lakers5 Member Posts: 5
    Hello to all, Yes please help us out because I am having the same problem and my SUV is a 2005. Thank you all very much for any help, Michael
  • donnieb233458donnieb233458 Member Posts: 3
    We are having the same problem and have been having it for over a year. No one can fix this. Did you ever get an answer? How do we fix this?

Thank you
  • roughd1roughd1 Member Posts: 12
    Sorry about the late late reply. i have a 04 Denali XL(bought it new in 04), had the steering gear replaced at about 30k miles the problem was fixed. Had the same problem at about 115k miles, replaced steering gear again and steering shaft problem fixed again. Feel your pain with dealerships, the one here doesn't seem to know how to diagnose or repair and don't care about customer service and satisfaction. I recommend having someone check your steering gear and steering shaft.
  • eblankeblank Member Posts: 1
    Has there been any resolution to this problem because I just had a factory unit installed in my 2009 yukon and it is doing the same thing
  • gmcdenaliownergmcdenaliowner Member Posts: 1
    My 2002 Denali has had the service engine soon light on, on the dash for the last 150,000 miles. I have had it to the dealer several times and they have not fixed it.
    The error code that comes up is I believe 150. Any ideas how to turn this message off?
  • jrmwvjrmwv Member Posts: 1
    In the last two days, my wipers have gone haywire in my 2008 Denali. They won't turn off; the sensor says to refill the reservoir (despite the fact it's filled); The wiper fluid won't spray (either front or back).

I just had the recall work to disable the heated wiper fluid performed. I wonder if it's possible they messed up the wiper system.

Anyone have similar issues.
  • lucy0_0lucy0_0 Member Posts: 6
    I have being experiencing a problem for months on my gmc yukon denali 2003. The traction control and engine light turn on follow with a message on the dash board that says "service stability, reduce power engine" It has done it for a while like every three months. I turn the engine off for a few minutes. Turn it back on and runs good. Thank God when it happens I have being able to pull out to the side safely. Please I need some advice what to do before I have to take it to a dealer where probably are going to charge a lot of money. I would sure appreciated ;D
    You have no choice but to take it to a dealer. Do not wait it is too dangerous.

Sounds like a sensor is failing and it's dangerous. Happened on my wife's 2003 Denali and it was the MAP sensor at the end of the day but it almost caused an accident each time it happened. Took 3 strikes and the submission of Lemon Law docs to GM for them to figure it out and replce it. Never happened since and I'm at 89K miles now.

That was back in 2004!! So, unless you have a good shop near you that you can call to see if they can service the sensors, GM dealer is the spider's nest waiting for your cash! :sick:

Regards,
    OW
    Thank You OW
    I sure going to take it. I have been told if the engine light is not on its hard to figure out what is wrong do you know if thats true?
    You need to know the problem code. There is a computer at the dealer that can read the code. Most shops will tell you what the code is but not why it's happening. You pay for diagnosis and repair.

Either way, if you can't do it yourself, you need to seek help from the best repair shop you know.

Regards,
    OW
  • bcamercedbcamerced Member Posts: 1
    On a 2005 Denali, the voltage will drop after the car has warmed up. Voltage will stay low until you stop and restart. The alternator has been replaced. Any ideas or a fix?
  • gerwestgerwest Member Posts: 1
    am having problems keeping engine/transmission cool when pulling trailer with 2008 Denali XL. Anyone come up with a way to push some more air thru to keep it cooler?
  • yong4yong4 Member Posts: 1
    I took my 2007 yukon denali for the 2nd time to the dealer for the same problem. They replaced the battery for the 2nd time,but they tell me I have to pay $179 for the battery because it's now out of warranty. But they fail to realize that it's an ongoing problem. The case is under review by GMC as we speak. Is there a recall for this problem?? Somebody please help. I'm getting aggravated and frustrated with this. It actually had to jump start 4 other times before taking to the dealer. Please help...
  • fiaga123fiaga123 Member Posts: 5
    Hi yong4. I got rid of my yukon denali. However I resolved my problem by getting a higher CCA battery. I got 800 or 850, I don't remember which one, instead of the 750 CCA.
  • pp75pp75 Member Posts: 2
    need to figure out problem or take to mech
  • pp75pp75 Member Posts: 2
    does anyone have a solution ?
  • blackdenali85blackdenali85 Member Posts: 1
    My gauges jump and sometimes do not work.. it does the exact thing that it does when i start it up while driving.. the abs and battery notifications come on, as well as all the gauges jump n the message center in the center console keeps flashing on and off n resetting.. can anyone help please!? :confuse:
  • denaligeorgedenaligeorge Member Posts: 2
    I've got the same issue with my '04....in 2yrs and 25,000km I've replaced the rear brakes twice, and haven't done the front ones.......I have to agree with "rsht" items 2,3, & 4 and plan to replace the rotors (and pads & hardware) next time around.
  • denaligeorgedenaligeorge Member Posts: 2
    I'm having the same issue with my truck.....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :(
    Hello! It's your denali not starting at all? Because didnt start at all and had to replace the fuel pump....
  • michelle48michelle48 Member Posts: 2
    On my denali, the cruise control sometimes works and sometimes doesn't! Does anyone have any ideas on why???
    Michelle48,
    I would recommend taking your vehicle to your authorized GM dealer of choice. They will be able to assist you in diagnosing your problem.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    edited November 2010
    Ever wonder why someone would ask about a problem first on this forum instead of taking it to the GMC dealer?

Speaks volumes......hint, hint...

Regards,
    OW
  • plprntplprnt Member Posts: 6
    Let's see. Where to start. Bought my Denali because at the time the new Suburbans were not available or just out of stock. Had five suburbans previously. Loved every one of them.
    Soon after I Bought the Denali I needed a jump. Several jumps and a tow later They did fix the problem. Then the back stereo, heated seats etc. console had to be replaced. Then the rear window defrost cables (POOR DESIGN) fell or broke off the tailgate glass. Chalk that one up to 50-50 split. Poss. user error and poor design. Then the plastic Door handles started falling off. Are you kidding me. The driver side window switches stopped working and needed to be replaced. The wiper hose has broken three times. The Traction control system was malfunctioning. The Heated washer fluid system had to be disconnected as a recall item out of fears of a fire? The plastic cover on one of the mirrors just fell off after it was replaced. The auto-ride suspension had to be replaced. AT 30,000 miles I told them that there was something wrong with the brakes and front suspension, they found nothing wrong. At 34,000 miles I told them that it felt as if the front tire was about to get ripped off every time i hit a small bump. They found nothing wrong. At 36,000 same thing. Now I have 40,000 miles and they say that I need new brakes and rotors, new struts and springs, a new window actuator, the rear defog cable can no longer be fixed and the whole window would need to be replaced. Oh by the way your vehicle is no longer covered and that extended coverage you paid a lot for wont cover all of the repairs. You' looking at about $4,000 or more. How would you like to pay for this? Other than that I think I like the vehicle.
    :confuse:
    plprnt,
    Can you please e-mail me your complete contact information including a good number to reach you, VIN and current mileage, as well as involved dealer? I would like to look into this for you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • nj08873nj08873 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 yukon Denali and the heat does not work in the back. It works perfectky in the front but in the back only blows cold air. The A/C works in both the forn and the back but the heat is the problem. Anyone has any suggestions or past experiences with this issue? How did you solve it? Thanks
  • rubylerubyle Member Posts: 1
    Please let me know what you find out. I have a 2000 Yukon the heat does not work in the front but the back works fine.
    plprnt,

Looks like at least they are watching. Give 'em all you got. My 2003 Denali had failures equaling your $4,000.

Lemon-Law in your state?

Regards,
    OW
  • michelle48michelle48 Member Posts: 2
    Dear OW,
    Sorry if i UPSET u, I was just asking a question b4 i brought it in!! Maybe get some ideas first!!!!

Hint Hint-- isnt that what a forum is about!!! Talk with other people to get ideas. Or maybe did you think that other people might experience the same with there 2007 gmc denali.
  • roughd1roughd1 Member Posts: 12
    I have a 04 Yukon Denali, had the same problem with the AC blowing hot air front & back. Took it to the dealership, they replaced the "actuators" in the front & rear. The unit worked fine after that. I thought they were pulling my leg and trying to scew me but I did research and found out that the parts actually exist. Hope this helps
    Was responding to GMService, not your post. No upset at all!

That's what a forum is all about.

Regards,
    OW
  • damon7damon7 Member Posts: 1
    my denali is doin the same thing with the heat not workin in back.let me know if yall figure it out
  • heydude1978heydude1978 Member Posts: 1
    SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME GM HAS FOUND A FIX FOR THIS ISSUE. The dealers dont know anything and love to take every penny they can off of you. I have had it. I have changed 3 batteries in 18 months and can't leave the house without having to jump start the car at least once. I put the battery on charge every night and carry a battery booster with me at all times. SOMEOnE PLEASE HELP ME.
    heydude1978 ,
    I apologize for your experience. Can you please send me VIN, current mileage, and the dealers you have spoken with? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • kchawk1kchawk1 Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2010
    Good luck with the problem and GM. I have a 2008 Denali that had the same problem 3 batteries in about 6 months. They finally put in a bigger battery, I no longer have dead battery issues but I do get to take the vehicle in about once every couple months to have something replaced that always ends up on the Work order as "part replaced -shorted out" I contacted GM customer service and wrote letters to both the dealer and the customer service rep at GM, no one really cared, the dealer kept insisting that everything was ok now. I just returned from a trip and now have seat heat issues, and blower fan issues. I am sure that the work order will again read shorted out, but everything is still ok!! Fortunately I have 12,000 miles of warranty left and I guarantee I won't own it when the warranty expires. GOOD LUCK I bought three new GM cars all from the same dealer in less that 1 year, and still couldn't get any help, pretty sure that won't happen again!!
    kchawk1,
    Can you please send me your complete contact information including your mailing address and a good number to reach you, your VIN, as well as your current mileage, and involved dealer? I would like to look into this for you. I look forward to your response.

Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Yes, join the club, after 30+years and same old GM arrogance, it's the end of the road between GM and me. Honda CR-V in 2008 and last week, a 2010 Mazda CX-9.

Good Riddance GM. :lemon: and this time, for good. $1,200 on the GM card regardless. Costs lots more to own a true lemon and a failure of a company!

Regards,
    OW