Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• kmausskmauss Posts: 74
    Thank you! Yes, I was VERY favorably impressed with the one I test drove.
  • nkairnsnkairns Posts: 27
    Does anyone have comments on the reliability of the GM oil life monitor system. I understand the need to effect oil changes vs kilometers/mileage driven has improved considerably but I am skeptical on the reliability of the motor oil past the 5000 km range. My 2005 CX Allure presently has close to 9000 kms since my last oil change. I'm not sure I trust the oil change light in the dash cluster to come on at the required time.

Has anyone had any negative experience with the oil life monitor system on their Lacrosse/Allure?
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Posts: 6,048
    Oil and engines have changed! 7500 miles (12,000 km) is now the recommended oil change interval for normal driving for some manufacturers(except Toyota which is having sludging problems).

Oil monitors work on duty cycle and environmental conditions and are very reliable. I usually get to about 8000 miles but I drive all city now.
  • The last time I had my '05 LaCrosse in for service, the dealership refilled with synthetic oil. I seem to recall they recommended I change it after 10K but I could be off by a few thousand. But that brings a question, does the automatic monitoring system recognize synthetic v. regular oil? If it does, that would be spooky !
    no

you would have to find out how much longer synthetic is supposed to last than regular oil. If it is double then hit the reset at 0 and wait till it hits 0 again. Perhaps the oil monitor goes negative? No, it does not.
  • jpstax1jpstax1 Posts: 197
    I just got back from my local Buick dealership. As of today, they're taking orders for the 2008 LaX Super. Unfortunately, only four exterior and two interior colors are available. A sales rep showed me a price sheet on the '07 CXS' optional equipment and another one showing the '08 Super's standard equipment. What was previously optional on the LaX CXS is now standard on the '08 Super. I added up the CXS' options and came up with ~$2600. I found out the MSRP of a bare-bones CXS is about $27,000 and the rumored MSRP of a Super is about $29,500. The price difference between the bare-bones '07 LaX CXS and the '08 LaX Super is about equal to the total price of the optional equipment for the '07 CXS. I think that makes the 2008 LaCrosse Super a better overall choice for me than the 2007 LaX CXS.
    Unfortunately, only four exterior and two interior colors are available.

this is very typical of Buick "special" packages put out in the last few years. The LSE/GSE (Regal models with special content and discount) had the same number of choices. The Century "2000" and later special models and the LeSabre special models were the same way.

These are the colors the Buick guys think will be the highest sellers anyway. Let me guess: tint coat red, black, blue and white?
  • jpstax1jpstax1 Posts: 197
    [Q]These are the colors the Buick guys think will be the highest sellers anyway. Let me guess: tint coat red, black, blue and white?[UQ]

My sales rep said the same thing. They're guessing the most popular colors. BTW, the exterior colors are: Black Onyx, Platinum Metallic, Dark Mocha Metallic, and Red Jewel Tintcoat. The interior colors are: Cocoa and Titanium.

Also, my wife's car, a 2000 Regal GSE, is Bordeaux Red Pearl. And you're right. In 2000 they only offered four other exterior colors for the GSE.
    They are not necessarily the highest sellers on all LaCrosses, only the ones that they figure will be the highest sellers on the special/sporty model.

I thought Blue was coming back as the trendy color? So Black, silver, brown and red? The Mocha probably looks great with the new Cocoa interior.
  • gorphilgorphil Posts: 27
    I took delivery of my 2008 Allure CXL August 2, 2007, gold mist with cocoa/light neutral interior. The new grill is a great improvement to the exterior. Fit and finish is excellent. There is only a slight improvement in drive ability over my 2005, mainly in the operation of the gas petal.
    Gord. Toronto
  • gorphilgorphil Posts: 27
    Both roof molding on my 2008 Allure are loose at each end where they meet the windshield and rear window. These are the moldings that fill in the cavern where the roof and side panels are welded together.

My dealers service department said they could glue them down; however, there must be a more professional way to correct this assembly defect.

GM Canada was of no help.

Is there anyone out there that has a solution?
    I'm pretty sure they are held on with two sided tape from the factory. Seems like glueing them on would be a good way tofix.
  • Recently, I noticed the instrument panel is mounted too high (about 1/8 inch) on the drivers side relative to the door trim. I noticed the same defect on two or three other cars I examined. The right side is perfect.

Perhaps 62vetteefp would know if this can be easily corrected? A service bulletin number would be great.

Thanks
    Gordon, Toronto
    Dropping the IP would be sure hell and no one would attempt it. 1/8" is actually not that bad. BUT, someone may try and lift the door trim slightly if you really wanted to do that. Is the door on the outside OK or is it slightly dropped from the fender in the front. Not sure if an adjustment there would do it also.

后视镜贴的钻钻和我最- 最爱的HELLOKI- TTY西西^_^

C计划图片(已完- 成)

5月28日车车已经从&#289- 00;房出来了,正在安装玻&#29- 827;和内饰

下面是我最喜欢的- 引擎盖,实物真的是超&#32423- ;漂亮的喜欢死了呢,好&#2148- 7;爱,我想在高速上如果&#243- 20;引擎盖修车的话可能&#202- 50;引起交通事故吧.嘿嘿^_^

5月30日手机拍&#30340- ;我家欧欧,明天就去&#19978- ;身份了明天还要改轮&#27586- ;和换扁平轮胎大号的

下面是操控台的钻- 钻细节以及后视镜上的- 贴钻

新赔付的大灯之前- 的有点松了

D计划图片(已完成&#6530- 2;月4日图片更新)

我和哥哥的车车合- 照

车尾的细节限量的- HELLOKITTY- 车标,做工很细致是正- 版货,颜色也很闪,另- 外candy是我的英文名车子&#3- 0340;拉花还在寻找中......

下面是轮胎和轮毂- ,米齐林的扁胎胎,换- 的比原车大的轮毂了,- 所以胎要换成扁的咯,- 真闪真好看

我最爱的HELLOK- ITTY

杯架,太阳能摇摇- 乐,日本限定草莓熊的- KITTY,帽子可以- 拿下来,超可爱~

• Check out this five minute clip from GM Performance Division on the 2008 Buick LaCrosse Super.

• http://jalopnik.com/cars/spy-photos/2010-buick-lacrosse-304363.php

New Epsilon II chassis version on the way. Product to begin in early 2009. Looks promising.
  • http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19618

Things to come inside the next generation LaCrosse/Regal. Sweet. :)
    http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/26/in-the-autoblog-garage-2008-buick-lacrosse-su- per/

With all these things on our mind, we found the LaCrosse Super to be a vastly different vehicle from the base LaCrosse, and were pleasantly surprised at what the Super brought to the road. The performance gurus took a pillow-soft platform and made it stiff and compliant by using much stiffer Bilsteing monotube struts. Steering was also tweaked, and the brakes were up-sized. The result is a Buick that can not only hit 60 in 5.7 seconds, but can also hit a turn at speed without feeling like it's going to tip. The Super is one of those vehicles that makes you think you're not going as fast as you are, so we had to really watch the speedometer while accelerating and cruising on the freeway. The LaCrosse Super's steering is also far more weighted and precise than what we're used to in a Buick, and coupled with four pinned-down wheels, this sedan was both more fun to drive and more luxurious than the V8-powered Impala SS we drove a year ago.

The engineers that put the Super in the LaCrosse deserve a small round of applause for what they did here, as it represents a great deal of fun and amenities for a relative bargain. GM intends to only make as many LaCrosse Supers as people will want, and 10% of overall sales tends to be the magic number. Even though the base LaCrosse can be had with an improved 3.6L V6, our V8-powered Super with a $33,750 price tag is the only LaCrosse that we'd consider. For shoppers looking at a Mercury Sable, Toyota Avalon, or Chrysler 300C, the LaCrosse Super is definitely worth a passing glance.
  • nosirrahgnosirrahg Little Rock, ARPosts: 872
    I've run across a used 2005 LaCrosse CXS with @ 37k miles on it, that I'm considering to replace my 2000 Impala. Since the CXS has the 3.6l engine (and not the 3.8 that I'm very familiar with), I just wondered if anyone had any anecdotal info (good or bad) on the 3.6l engine to pass along - reliability, fuel economy, etc. I also realize 2005 was the first year of the LaCrosse, so if there are any year one bugs to look out for that'd be worth knowing too (though my 2000 Impala was also a first-year design, and it's been relatively trouble free).

This particular car was built in March of 2005, if that matters.
  • I purchased my '05 LaCrosse CXS slightly used in July 05. Problems: rainwater leak on passenger side, soaked the footwell; after three trips to the dealer, finally resolved; bad seam in the body frame bar was the cause; power sun roof stopped working; dealer replaced motor; cruise control was not working at all; I pulled the fuse and replaced (the same fuse) and problem corrected; Conclusion: after all this stuff was fixed/repaired, I am thoroughly satisfied with the vehicle. The "stabilitrak" system is impressive; it has kicked in a few times in the snow/rain. Very roomy driver and passenger areas and rides very comfortably on long trips. Final assembly was done in Oshawa, Ontario (if that helps). The OnStar is a nice perk; my wife drives on long trips solo; nice to know that help is just a button away; the phone works in locations cell phones do not have reception.
  • nosirrahgnosirrahg Little Rock, ARPosts: 872
    Do you keep track of your gas mileage, and if so can you give me an idea of what your best/worst tank-full has been in terms of MPG?
  • I have a 2006 LaCrosse CXS. I love this car. I have averaged just under 21 MPG combined for the 16,600 miles I have put on the car so far. I have had zero problems with this vehicle. I have only two complaints. I find the paint to be a bit soft. Also, I wish I had an aux input for the audio system as I have finally gotten into the 21st century with respect to music with a Zune/MP3 player this year. I love the XM radio. I have the Harmon Kadon sound system with a six disc changer. No issues with my sunroof. Fog lights are nice and bright. Seats are comfortable on long road trips. Seat heaters rock on cold mornings.
  • jimmy2xjimmy2x Posts: 124
    It is unfortunate - but the lack of an AUX input or failing that, an old-fashioned cassett deck is the sole reason that I will not even consider an '08 LaCrosse. Have had a 5G IPod for several years, and as a salesman it is a big help during long drives.
  • Yeah it is a shame on the Aux input. I finally bought the Zune and some Bose QC2 headphones to keep my sanity as my job is now requiring lots of airline travel for business.

I have high expections for the Epsilon II LaCrosse coming out in 2009/2010. I am expecting to replace this car with another Buick if it continues to meet my expectations.
    The reason the LaCrosse has no aux is it was out before the boom in iPod type radios. The radio used in GM cars back in '05 did not have an aux input while the new GM family radio brought out in '06 or so did.

So, unfrotunately we will probably not see the aux (new radio does not fit in old LaCrosse hole and adding aux woudl be cost prohibitive) until next year with the new Eps II LaCrosse.
  • That is ok with me. I am pretty disciplined about holding onto my vehicles for a set amount of time before trade in (six years). EP II LaCrosse will probably have been through one Mid Cycle Enhancement before I make my next purchase. I have been very happy with XM between the 80s/Big Tracks/ Lucy channels.
    Love the XM. In fact I have no real desire to buy an ipod due to having XM in my house and cars. I am able to play music off my palm pilot but rarely seem to do that since I seem to be in positions where I listen to XM.
  • I have had my 2006 LaCrosse CX for about a year now and love it. I bought it used in October of 2006 w/only around 13k on it. I recently had an oil change on it, but the check oil light has been coming on. I checked the oil several times and the level was fine and the oil quality appeared to be good. Anybody know anything about this? I don't think it has that oil life indicator like the CXS does...but not sure.
    Does have oil life indicator.
This discussion has been closed.