Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac DTS

Comments

• dispencer1dispencer1 Member Posts: 489
    The sales brochure for the 2007 DTS lists Bose speakers on the specification sheet for the standard equipment but the web site shows them only for the Luxury I and "enhanced" ones for the Luxury II. Has anyone driven a base model without Bose and compared the sound to a car with Bose speakers? Is there much of a difference?
  • sls002sls002 Member Posts: 2,788
    Why don't you take your favorite CD to your dealer and play it in a DTS with the base speakers and then in a DTS with the bose speakers. I think that the base speakers are probably quite good. At least the 98 Aurora I had with the base radio system was good. My 2002 Seville has the Bose radio, and it is good, but when one is moving, there are enough other noises that differences in the speakers are probably not too important.

The bose speakers are standard with the Lux II package, optional with the base package and the Lux I package. The performance package (or lux III?) also has the bose speakers.
    Probably a good idea. My base '03 Deville sounds fine -just about the same as my '06 Impala with the Bose system. I rented an Avalon last month and the stereo on the Avalon was better than both of them. My next DTS will be a certified 2007 sometime in 2008 and I will be sure and get at least one with the Luxury II. It will take a bit of looking because most of the certified DTSs are base models /ex-rental cars but hopefully I can find a lease return from someone who gets a new car every year.
  • fmoellerfmoeller Member Posts: 21
    I have the following problem with my 2006 DTS (Performance) and am looking to see if anyone else has experienced a similar problem and if so have you been able to resolve it.

On occasion the right two door windows and locks act as follows:

From the driver door controls press the lock button:
    1 – The front passenger door will not lock or unlock.
    2 – The rear passenger door locks and unlocks OK.

From the driver door controls press the window buttons:
    1 – The front passenger door window will not open or close.
    2 – The rear passenger door window will not open or close.
    3 – Both door windows will open from their individual controls.

When I turn off the ignition, remove the key, and get out all returns to normal.
    I think must actually get off the driver seat but I have yet to verify this.
    May be some kind of switch – in the seat?

I have demonstrated this to the service department. I did this by (when the problem on one of the few times that it happened) going to the service departments entrance, calling them on my cell phone and having them meet me in the parking area. They verified the problem but after calling Cadillac’s tech support line still do not have a solution. Their next step is to leave the car and try to trace the wiring.

Any advice or insight will be appreciated.
  • geezer408geezer408 Member Posts: 10
    Its 40F +/- in the mornings so it happens almost every day now but the sound is duller, not so much like the sharp tap it used to be. I listened this week (from partly under the car)and mine is clearly not coming from either rear muffler (I had suspected loose baffles)but seems more like it's from the cat convertor. The explanation still is its pressure waves hitting the cat convertor that are created by a brief change to the engine program all designed to speed up heating up the convertor to improve emissions during warm up. In my case I have accepted that it is normal because pressure waves will cause repeated thumping sounds when they hit a chamber (cat convertor). Let us know if you come up with something different.
    Autoweek issued a supplemental Buyers Guide with capsule comments on each of the 2007 cars. The summary on the DTS was "The perfect car to drive to a retirement village". They loved the Avalon - "A solid, beautifully built big car". I rented an Avalon for an extended trip in Florida last month. It is essentially a mid sized car - the same general size as my '06 Impala and suffers from a lot of wind and road noise. It started out as a stretched Camry and aside from the fancy interior it is still a stretched Camry. I can't figure out what is so wrong with the DTS. I've been driving big Cadillacs for years and like my '03. It has been essentially trouble free, gets 30 MPG on the road, is comfortable, quiet, and has enough power to pass anything safely. It also handles well. It also holds six passengers. My experience with BMW's, Audi's and the other long term favorites with car magazines is that they have spent more time in the shop than on the road. My Audi was a complete lemon and a 50,000 mile throwaway. I made the mistake buying one and driving it to work each day. I frequently arrived at work late and in the Audi dealer van. Obviously the DTS is not a "sport sedan" but so what? AutoWeek's comment is typical of car writer's views but road tests of the big Cadillacs are usually favorable. I wonder how many prospective buyers are swayed by these negative comments?
    I think that the DTS is a good car for interstate highway cruising. Car & Driver said much the same thing. I like my 2002 Seville, but I am getting tired of dragging the nose on the pavement an slightly steeper than normal driveways or bumps in the road on city streets.

I have decided to try to sell my car and if successfull, will replace it with a RWD sigma model, probably a 2006 SRX.
  • vic10vic10 Member Posts: 188
    Well first of all, the test drivers of most of those car magazine articles are maybe 25 and they think of "Mercedes" and "BMW" as I would think of "Cadillac" and "Lincoln" when reality is they actually represent "GM" and "Ford". So when they buy a Mercedes 190, they're not getting a "Caddy", they're really getting a German Chevrolet. But cachet is cachet. My first comparison with a Mercedes was in the early 70's when a girlfriend's family were bragging about theirs and how much was done during their 24K mile checkup, which only cost them $300., and I said, gee, I just had my 24K check on my Pontiac and it cost me $18. And I thought, for the money I'd have to spend maintaining that car, I could buy a new Pontiac every 3 years or so.... My opinion of German cars hasn't improved over the years. Toyotas are a bit better, though maintenance and parts are higher. But you get better value than with the German products.

All that being said, I LOVE American cars and have Cadillac on my list of wanna-own cars. I just bought a 300C because I couldn't resist the allure of a Hemi and consider the current Caddy models a bit too frumpy looking. But maybe next model change....
  • beardiebeardie Member Posts: 44
    I currently have a Lexus ES330, and a good friend has the Avalon. They are basically the same "Camry" in various forms. The Avalon has more room in the rear, but they both ride similarly. They are pretty quiet, but they are no Cadillac! The seats are much firmer, and the feel of the car is that of a much lighter vehicle.In addition,the car suffers from the famous transmission lag that you may have read about in most ES330s and other Toyotas. I personally can't wait until I replace the 330, and my 1st choice will probably be the DTS. If you're over 6' tall, you will not have that much leg room in the Toyotas! When you take that extended ride, there's nothing like the Caddie or Lincoln TC!!
    You should like the SRX -I have a friend with one in the real estate business and she likes it very much. It is also high enough so that it won't hit the bumps. I've never had a problem though with the Deville and I thought that it had about as much road clearance as the Seville/Eldorado. Apparentely not.
    The Lexus and the Avalon have far better resale value than any Cadillac but you can certainly avoid a big hit the first year by doing what I do and buying a year old "certified" Cadillac. My '03 cost $27k in January of '04 with 29k miles. It now has 55k and has needed nothing in the way of serious repairs. It came with a 6 year 100k 0 deductible warranty as well so it will be covered until October of 2008 (as long as I don't exceed 100k). My next one will have less mileage on it when I buy it but the '03 still looks brand new inside and out and drives like a new car as well. I agree with you on the Avalon. I found it comfortable to drive in the suburbs (I'm 5'10" so leg room was ok) but felt light on the road and the wind and road noise was annoying after awhile. The car magazines stress that this is a full size car but it isn't.
    I liked the comment on the "German Chevrolet". In Europe there are many Mercedes taxis and I understand that they produce (or used to produce) less expensive models that you can't get over here .
    I have the exact same thought re. a CPO Cadillac DTS. I've questioned a few dealers re. this and reluctantly they have to admit that if you get a CPO model 1 year old with limited milage, you're actually getting a better warranty than with a brand new car.My plan is to try to find a low milage 2007 in about 5 months.I know a lot of people are afraid of program cars, but I bought a Grand Prix program car for my daughter in 2002, and it's been trouble free! I guess there's a few different ways to go instead of putting down 40 big ones!
  • bremertongbremertong Member Posts: 436
    Enjoyed your post very much! I own recent models of Cadillac Deville and Lincoln Town Car. I enjoy them both. They have plenty of power and are very comfortable cars. The Lincoln is more quiet with softer suspension and the Deville may have a little more power. My Deville is the second I have owned, so far I have had no major problems with either of my Cadillacs and have only owned the Lincoln for several months. As long as my American cars continue to provide the reliablilty as they have to this point I will not be buying a foreign car. The cars I own simply look better to me than any foreign luxury car I have seen. I also like the Chrysler 300C and SRT and may replace my Latest Deville with one of them. I owned a Chrysler LHS and while not a direct competitor to the Cadillac or Town Car it was a very pleasing experience.

In my opinion the reason many Americans replaced their American cars with Japanese models was reliability factors and poor dealership service issues in the past. The Americans realize that they must do better in these areas and are. It is just a matter of if they do enough in time to save the American makers.
    The problem is not the ground clearance, but the FWD frontend overhang. FWD's have too much overhang, and with the air dams to reduce the drag coefficient, the front end easily hits the ground on steeper driveways. The RWD sigma cars have much less frontend overhang.
    Back in '04 the '03 program cars I looked at were all base models. Mine was an ex-Alamo rental car. A few months ago I looked at two 15,000 mile certified used '06 DTS's at a Fort Worth dealership and both had the Luxury II package along with a sun roof. You might also find a loaded lease return. I plan on getting at least the Luxury II package on the '07 I get in '08. The warranty IS better than a new one on a certified Cadillac but not on the other GM certified cars. They just tack three months onto the 36/36,000 mile warranty. With the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty on '07's "certification" which used to cost $1000 may cost less. I'm sure that some dealerships roll this fee into the sales price but if I wanted the '03 "certified" I had to pay an extra thousand dollars. I understand that in '06 this has gone up to $1500. It is still lots cheaper than buying a 6 year/100k mile GMPP on a new car.
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    I have the same thought re. a CPO car. My hope is to get an 07 in March. Hopefully, there'll be some around by then. I also got the $1000 price to certify a vehicle.Personally, I think it's negotiable. It's not a set price, but one set by the dealer. If they want to move the vehicle, I'm sure they'll be flexible with the certifying price. I saw an 06 the other day at a local dealer with 5,000mi on it. I tell you, you could not tell this vehicle was not brand new. It's amazing how they can detail these to look brand new. I'm hoping to find a Lux ll also, as I want the stability control on it which is standard on the Lux 11.The only thing I worry about is that most of the new re-sales are silver or some other very common color. I love the blue chip or chrimson(red). Guess I'll have to start looking early. Nowadays, with the computer, the whole country is a possibility, as far as finding a desired car is concerned.
  • geezer408geezer408 Member Posts: 10
    Different people value a car's features personally. I'm 6-6 so the tremendous leg room of the 06 DTS was important. My wife and I play a lot of golf. Two sets of clubs and two two suiter suitcases still leaves room to spare in the DTS's almost 19 cubic foot trunk. Try that in a 2006 Lexsus GS430 at 12.8 cubic feet or an Avalon at 14.8. I turned down an Infinti M35X because of the small trunk plus the passenger seat had far fewer adjustments than the driver's, something you might hear about on a long trip (and something the testers never test). The DTS is very quiet, plenty of power and I never come close to testing its lateral grip on twisty roads so that is a minor consideration.The DTS is a wonderful turnpike cruiser for long trips.
  • eg98eg98 Member Posts: 9
    My sentiments exactly -- purchasing a lightly-used NorAm vehicle is the sweet-spot. When my Aurora gives up the ghost I will be looking for a low-mileage DTS. The low resale value of these vehicles is exactly what I love about them! ;)
    Couldn't agree with you more. As mentioned, I'm 6'1" and have a great deal of difficulty getting comfortable in my Lexus ES330. People constantly complain about the quality of domestic brands, but read some of the Honda, Toyota etc. boards and you'll see that some have their fair share of problems too. Taking 10K off a one year old luxury car seems quite appealing, and I don't see where Caddie owners are suffering that many more problems to warrant the extra big bucks.My daughter, looking for an SUV, wanted the Pilot. No big discounts available, would have run about 32K+. I found a similarly equipped Merc Mountaineer(new 06), where the dealer took $9600 off MSRP.$23,900 equipped well, with leather, stability, etc. etc. I said you have to be nuts not to go for it. I know they're worse on gas, but that's a heck of a lot of gas to make up for $9600. It's not just the gas issue. It's the perception that domestics are worse. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I don't see it!
    I'll get either silver or beige so I don't have a problem with color. I'll also search throughout the country for a low mileage '07 in '08. It is relatively cheap to fly most anywhere and drive it back. Hopefully my dealer in Ft. Worth will get one in with enough notice. It is only a 6 hour drive from Clovis NM.
    My '03 Deville has required virtually nothing in the way of mechanical repairs. The radio skipped on CDs occasionally so the dealer replaced it. I had a slight wind noise along the vertical edge of the right rear passenger window and the dealer replaced a large frame piece that contained the rear quarter window ($900 if I'd been paying for the job). The dealer said that if I had had the complaint on a Chevrolet GM would have done nothing except check the weatherstripping. I have a friend with an '03 CTS that he drives all over the country and it has required nothing in the way of warranty repairs (it too was a Certified Cadillac). My '06 Impala now has 8000 miles on it and has not had any problems. I don't think there is anything wrong with domestic cars. My experience with Japanese cars (and I've owned a few -my wife has an '05 Odyssey) is that the silly periodic 'checks" cost a fortune .I just get oil changes every 3k miles on the Odyssey and ignore the service "recommendations". Apparentely the foreigners like to "tinker" with their cars. I just like to drive them and change the oil on schedule.
  • merckxmerckx Member Posts: 565
    I'm debating which of the two to buy for my wife. I think the DTS is a very good-looking sedan, but my wife worries that it might be a little too big to be fully manuverable and parkable. Do many here feel the car's size gets in the way of fully enjoying it?
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    I've had both and see no difference. I just got the STS after checking out both. For me I couldn't fit the DTS in my garage due to having a Honda Goldwing motorcycle that sits in the front of the garage. The STS gives me about 18" to spare where the DTS would have been right on top of the bike. I'll say one thing for my STS with nav. package is it sure is a big step up from my 99 STS. I got the V6 and am very happy with the power. This car does it all. With a 600+ page owners manual and a 200 page Navagation manual there is a steep learning curve. Of course most of it once you set it up for you and the wife you can forget about it. The STS is more sporty and you won't see as many but the quality on mine is outstanding. It is built in Lansing, Mi. where Lansing has alway enjoyed a reputation for building excellent quality vehicles. Either one will give you years of happyness so to me it's a win win deal. :blush:
  • pflyerpflyer Member Posts: 25
    Lived in Clovis in the mid 80's. Air Force. Look on eBay and Autotrader. You can find same model year cars for almost half off (or close). Several sellers with 100% feedback always have DTS's in their eBay stores. Best wishes.
  • lanzzlanzz Member Posts: 76
    Merc - I think the STS is definitely a more manageable package in terms of size. Also, the handling of the STS is better in good weather. I opted for the DTS because I wanted front wheel drive for winter driving, and also, I felt the seat comfort in front and in the rear was better in the DTS. The DTS is a little wide for moving in and out of traffic here in NYC, but you get used to it. The power folding mirrors help out if you need to squeeze through a tight spot, and the front and rear parking sensors really help in judging where the front and back of the car are when parking.
    If you were worried about snow why not the STS4 all wheel drive?
  • lanzzlanzz Member Posts: 76
    Wanted a V8, and getting into an STS4 V8 was simply more than I wanted to spend. Even with the GMS discount that is offered by my employer, the difference in price was significant.

Also, the STS4 comes with performance-biased tires - lots of people on a Cadillac forum have mentioned that even the AWD STS4 needs snow tires. Cannot deal with the hassle of buying a second set of tires, doing the changeover, and storing the other set.
    The local dealer has a certified DTS with the Luxury II package and sunroof so apparentely (unlike 2003) these program cars -ex-rental cars and lease terminations -are coming in with some optional equipment. In the past they were pretty much base models. This is the way to go. It is nice to get a $46,000 car with a 100k protection plan for $32,000.
    I have a STS4 and my 07 came with Energy LX4 tires so maybe Cadillac heard the cries and changed the type of tires that are used on the all wheel drive. Of course mine being the V6 may be the reason for the type of tires as the V6 don't need performance tires.
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    That is exactly the type of vehicle I will be looking for. I agree, you get a car less than a year old with a better warranty! I'll be replacing my current vehicle in late Feb. or March, so I'm hoping to get an 07 model by then. I too, have seen a bunch of Lux 11 packages out there. Maybe they realize that stability control is something that many people want.
    My certified warranty on the '03 expires in October of 2008 but I'll look around in the spring of '08 for an '07 and sell the '03 privately. The warranty which is transferable will probably help resale value. The car only has 53,000 miles on it now. I use it mainly for trips but when I sell it I'll also sell my '06 Impala 2LT and cut down one car. The Impala gas mileage is about the same as the Deville on the road and only about three miles to the gallon more in town so it isn't worth keeping as a car to run around town in. I live in a small city so we don't have bumper to bumper traffic anyway and I don't commute anymore.
    Wow...I'm surprised to hear about your MPG numbers. I've seen the Impala advertised as giving 30MPG on the road etc. I'm actually happy to hear the DeVille is not that bad on gas, considering its size etc. By the way, does GM still have that program where they allow you to "test drive" a car for 24 hours when considering a purchase? Had I been able to do that, I never would have gotten my Lexus ES330....terrible leg room for a tall guy, and that famous hesitation that everyone with it experiences.Also....just finished reading an article in the newspaper which mentions that aa study was made of all the CPO programs, and Cadillac's was found to be the best one...but we knew that already!!
    My dealer let me take home a Blk. STS4 overnight and when I returned it the next morning he asked me how I liked it. I said it was great but wasn't going to buy it. He wiped off the shocked look when I said my wife and I decided we wanted it in red. :)
    I get about 30 on the Impala on the road -sometimes 31 -but the Deville gets 28-30 also. It gets about 15-16 in town and the Impala gets 18-20. It is not like I was comparing a Civic to the Cadillac. The Impala is a large mid-size car -nearly full size and I have the small 3.5 litre six in it. I may sell both of them very soon and look for a certified '06 DTS. The depreciation on the Impala is terrible. It costs about $23k new , is worth $17k when you drive it off the lot and $14k shortly thereafter. I should have had my head examined for buying a new one. Never again. I avoid most of this big depreciation by buying certified Cadillacs a year old.
    CPO Cadillac seems to be the way to go. Chop off 10K and get one that seems to have been treated well. With the bumper to bumper it comes with, I think you're really cutting down the chances of a problem. I'd like to find one that doesn't have the kind of mileage I see on some that are less than a year old. Close to 30K on a car less that a year old seems excessive. My goal would be to find one under 15K, maybe closer to 10K that has no body issues.I know they're out there, it's just a matter of finding it, and with the right color!
    I've seen program cars with less than 4,000 miles on them. I'll look for something with less than 20k. Lots are around with 15k or so ranging from $28k to $32k depending on mileage and equipment. I'm not going to get one without the Luxury II package and sunroof so it may take awhile to find exactly what I want. I'll take Cashmere or Silver so I'm not picky on color. From what I've seen there is little difference between the '06 and '07 so there is no need to wait a year and besides that the DTS will (so I hear) have a major revision in 2010 or 11 just about when the warranty will run out on the certified '06 which will be great.
    Speaking of the revision I've heard rumours that the DTS might be downsized and that it might be about the size of the STS. This would be a terrible move for Cadillac and would lose those buyers who also consider Town Cars. The DTS (ex-Deville) has always been the biggest seller for Cadillac. If I want to drive a sports sedan I'll buy a used BMW 7 or Mercedes S since resale value of these is really dismal and they are bargain city after a couple of years. The true luxury buyers will switch to the Lexus LS. Right now the size of the DTS and especially trunk space far outshines Lexus which is barely (if that) a full size car.
    Sounds to me like neither GM nor Ford know exactly what they're going to do. Rumors had the Town Car being canceled out after this year too. Now it seems they're keeping it, but changing it's place of manufacture. Re. the DTS, again rumors abound....changing to RWD, etc. I guess we're safe though for a few years, considering the 06 refurbishing. My problem is I'm very fickle with cars, so 3 years is about when I get itchy for a change. Keeping that in mind,I'm going to try for the CPO 07 model in March. I figure the difference will come back to me in 3-4 years if I get rid of it then. I agree that the 06 LuxII, which is the 07 LuxI, is the way to go...stabilitrac alone makes the difference for me. Re. a downsize...I think it would definitely be a mistake. GM should realize with the aging baby boomers, comes a greater desire for larger luxury vehicles!
    I agree. They don't seem to know what they are doing. There will be a change in the DTS in 2010 or 11 so says people on this forum. I looked at the resale value of my Impala and Cadillac now vs a year from now and the sale of both of them now will buy me a Certified '06 DTS. It won't next year this time - I'll lose $6,000 so I'll probably make the move now. There doesn't seem to be much difference between an '06 and '07 anyway. I'd like the Bose system but will probably have to get a Luxury II package with the base stereo. I wonder if the sound is that much different between the base stereo and the Bose. Has anyone listened to both and can advise me?
    Has anyone listed to the two different systems and can advise whether the Bose system is worth getting a Luxury III 2006 DTS vice a Luxury II? Does it sound a lot better?
    I've been wondering about that same question...seems like not many people are checking this board lately. I haven't seen too many Bose units as an option in LuxI or II. I guess you have to go to the III. I was also wondering about the sound levels in the DTS. I know they say how quiet they are, but I wonder how it compares to my Lexus ES330. I know some auto mags test the sound levels when they test the cars, but I wonder if there's any way to compare specific cars with concrete data.
    As far as I know the Bose stereo is not an option. It comes with the III and is not available on the I or II. The non-Bose 6 CD changer is an option and comes with the "Sun and Sound" Group on both I and II. Some people on the list have complained about Bose systems in older cars. Mine in an '06 Impala seems fine but nothing like a living room stereo system -very little separation or feeling of being surrounded by sound. It is just very precise and clear. I didn't listen to a standard system before I ordered it but I have the standard system in my '03 Deville and frankly there isn't much difference. Regarding sound levels, I haven't driven the '06 DTS so I could compare it to my '03 but the '03 is quiet enough for me. It feels more insulated than the Impala.
  • vic10vic10 Member Posts: 188
    I should probably open with the caveat that I'm talking about the Bose system in a 1988 Riviera I owned, and they may be more impressive today, but I can't see spending the money for these sound upgrades. The system sounded wonderful with the engine off, or at idle at a stop light. But once underway, the engine/drivetrain/road noises quickly masked the fidelity advantage. Oh, you could pipe up the volume to compensate. But then you'd never hear the police or ambulance siren, or the horn of the car about to ram you. If I want to listen to great sonics, I'll stay at home and turn on my home system. Today's standard equipment is more than adequate in producing good sound, considering the environment. IMO....
    and when you put down a window or sun roof they become just a over priced radio
    Thanks - I won't miss it if I get a LuxII. As I said, the Impala Bose system has crisp sound but certainly not "surround" sound (kind of difficult when the speakers are only a couple of feet apart anyway) and you are right - when you open a window any advantage is lost. My '03 Deville with the standard system (which still has 275 watts) sounds just fine.
    for most of us as we age our hearing kind of goes like the rest of the body and most likely we couldn't hear the difference anyway. Only to be 20 again knowing what I know now>
  • robw64robw64 Member Posts: 76
    I posted this message in the "New Owner Reports" forum, also, but there doesn't seem to be much traffic on that one.

It's been nearly 5 months and we took our DTS in for its first oil change at 4500 miles today. Although the oil life monitor still read 54% remaining, I just couldn't bring myself to wait much longer (even though everyone, including the dealer, says to trust the computer).

This is the only maintenance we've had to perform on the car. The only other time it was 'out of service' was to replace the stereo head unit back in September. The stereo display went blank, then we lost all sound. The next morning the sound was back but still had no display. Rather than just re-program the electronics the dealer replaced the entire head unit. I don't know if they replaced it because it's the upgraded Bose system, but it's working fine now. One fault on the dealer's part: they forgot to take our 3 CD's out of the unit before sending it away. Thank goodness we have uploaded every bit of our music onto the PC so we can sync with our MP3 player (which, by the way, plugs into the face of our stereo).

Overall mileage (according to the onboard computer) is running 18 mpg, which is only one less than my previous 2001 Concorde LXi with a 6-cylinder. On the short trips we have taken (the longest has been 50 miles or so) we are getting about 27 mpg. My daily commute has been 6 miles each way, but my new job will double that number including some highway miles so I'm expecting to see a change in consumption.

We still love this car and get compliments everywhere we go. Even the service tech at the Mobil oil change station told me I had a 'sweet ride'.....he couldn't have been more than 25 years old.
    I understand that the DTS will be rear wheel drive on the Zeta platform. Does this mean that the car will be downsized -perhaps down to the size of an STS?
    The zeta platform is similar to what Holden uses. It is also the platform that will be used for the Camaro. I don't think that anyone (except Cadillac) can say what a zeta DeVille will look like, or what the size will be. However, I will guess that the price range will remain more or less in line with current pricing.