Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Kia Amanti 2006 and earlier

Comments

• Options
    sailormannorthsailormannorth Member Posts: 9
    My dealer just replaced my transmission because of a whine while the car was coasting in fifth gear. I was in for other work and mentioned this sound. The tech promptly took the car for a quick spin and upon return told me I would be receiving a new transmission.

Well, this new transmission has a whine from first to second to third. I am going to sit on this sound for awhile and see if it changes before raising the issue again. I have lots of warranty left. If the car was not so quiet, I probably would not hear it.

I too just love this car.....have had many people think that it is a Jag....hehehe !!

Todd
  • Options
    billh6billh6 Member Posts: 123
    Max, I must say I sit here with envy. My dealer told me from the get-go that they have no loaner program, and you get one free wash. That was the day it was delivered to me new and they removed all the plastic covering the carpet and seats. One wash. But at least it is a brand new, beautiful dealership with a nice waiting room. Oh, and close to home and can walk to McDonald's for lunch. lol Actually I've only been there once, and that was when they replaced the bushings. Another question I have. My car will be a year next month. and I am almost at 6k miles in a year (have another vehicle) Should I still get the oil changed? As far as whining noise, you'd think I would hear it because it is such a quiet riding vehicle (actually I have to turn on the radio or CD because it's so quiet my ears hurt) but I've not heard the whining from first to second. It doesn't sound like that's a problem, but I'll listen more closely. BTW, still my most favorite vehicle of all that I've owned (even my Lexus). Bill - Orlando
  • Options
    mechanic80mechanic80 Member Posts: 122
    Mileage as well as time are factors in changing oil. If you've put only 6k in a year on your unit, I'm guessing that a good part of that might have been short trips under say 10 minutes. That defines severe driving conditions! The engine does not have a chance to reach full operating temperature and cannot "boil off" the condensation that forms in the crancase, thus forming varnish and actually acids that wear at the moving parts. An oil change at least every three months OR 3000 miles is the best, cheapest way to ensure your AMANTI runs like the champ it is for a long, long time. Happy driving, I still love mine.
  • Options
    The problem of wandering mirrors has been mentioned here several times. I wanted to tell y'all about a 2004 AMANTI that came in this afternoon. The customer had reported "crazy mirrors" (which a tech actually witnessed) and we ordered and replaced the seat switch which apparently contains some of the memory function of the mirrors as well as the seats. First impressions say its a fix. We'll see. Time will tell. :shades:
  • Options
    magmaxmagmax Member Posts: 88
    Hi Bill, I've been away for a few days so didn't see your post until this morning. I think that Kia will do the same thing with their dealerships as Mitsubishi and others had to do some years ago: they'll get them to upgrade or they'll squeeze them out. If there's one thing that makes a difference to keeping a customer it's good service, something Infiniti and Lexus figured out from the get go, and I see a big change already locally with all new Hyundai showrooms and dealerships. Kia will be next, I'm sure, and they'll teach the dealers that little things like a wash after each visit costs next to nothing but makes for happy customers. I'm a pretty low mileage driver too, but I make sure that I work in 3 oil changes per year. I did it on my previous cars, when I had to pay for it, and figured that it was a pretty cheap insurance to keep my engine running well, especially when short trips didn't always warm things up to evaporate condensation and so on. I'd definitely change the oil every 5-6K miles if I were you. As for the whine, I think there's a hint of it in lower gears, noticed at the time of shifting only, but I think so far things are working well in that area.

MagMax
  • Options
    I'm sure you've all seen the JD Powers commercial about the Amanti on primetime TV, right? I see it like 3 times nightly. Impressive, thanks to its loyal owners like us in this forum. I'm constantly now getting co-workers and friends saying they've seen it also and think of me because I'm the only one they know with an Amanti. But that will change. Thanks for oil/filter info. Yes, just rolled over to 6000 miles for my 2004, so will take it in to dealer for oil change. As far as crazy side mirrors, I had that at the beginning, but once I put my seat adjustments in memory I've not had a concern with that. Luvin' my car still.
    Bill no-more-hurricanes-Orlando
  • Options
    averigejoeaverigejoe Member Posts: 559
    The Kia dealers in Phoenix publish the highest number on the window sticker as the "up to" fuel economy figure. It is not one of the bold type big numbers on the sticker. Instead it is from the fine print below which states cars with the big number ratings above get mileage up to the small number printed in the fine print. I think it is a very misleading way to advertise. Most people probably get close to the big numbers and consider themselves lucky.
  • Options
    shadow99688shadow99688 Member Posts: 209
    E-Mail I got from a Kia Dealer, if you hunt around and get dealers to compeat against other dealers you can get a very good deal.

Hi **** ******,

My name is J****** Z** and I am the General Manger at Kia of *******. I have noticed that you contacted our Dealership recently and I just wanted to let you know how important your overall satisfaction with our company is.

Our Automotive Group has been selling and servicing cars in this area for over 25 years and quality service has always been the foundation of the way we do business.

If for any reason your visit or contact with our Dealership did not live up to your expectations, I would really appreciate a call. We are always looking for suggestions on how to make our process better and more satisfying for our customers. If you did not win our Sportage contest but would like to consider buying one I have a special offer. Make your deal in the next 10 days and I'll give you a 250,000 mile warranty at "NO CHARGE". Buy any vehicle in stock for Edmund "TMV" and the warranty is yours. Thank you

J******** Z****

General Manager

***.***.****
  • Options
    I get above the highway mileage ratings on every car I have had except for ford tempos they never got above 18mpg, have a ford aspire now getting 42mpg (rated at 38mpg) still, at over 135k miles on original engine.
  • Options
    We've finally started to see some good Kia Amanti commercials on local TV stations, ones that show the interior of the car, one of its best features in my opinion. My dealer tells me that they're not expecting any major changes in the vehicles for 2006 except that in Canada there will be two models, one fully equipped and one without all the bells and whistles. That's a real surprise to me and I wonder how they're going to manage to have stock for such a low volume vehicle if they're going to offer more than one version. It works in the US because that's a much larger market. The cars will also have an onboard tire pressure monitor but that's apparently the only major change that's in the works. I'm glad in one way because it will protect the value of our Amantis but would really have like to see the new engine that's coming in the Hyundai Azera, with 65 more horsepower and much better fuel economy. It looks as if we'll have to wait until the 2007 model year for any significant changes in the cars. Now if Kia puts on a good publicity campaign with references to the JDPowers ratings and the owners' satisfaction with these cars, there might also be a major surge in sales.

I had a look at Lincoln's new Zephyr the other day and found it almost impossible to get into without hitting my head on the door opening, something that's never happened with the Amanti. And the Lincoln doesn't even offer stability control as an option! I also dropped in to see the restyled 2006 Accords and discovered that the top of the line cars are listed at about $2000 less than an Amanti, for nowhere near the same level of equipment! In my book the Amanti is still the best luxury car value available at any price. Perhaps the idea with the two levels of pricing is to drop the Amanti base price below that of an Accord. Right now the Amanti lists at $3600 including pdi & freight in Canada. That's more than $5000 less than a Maxima LS, by the way.

MagMax
  • Options
    hifidanhifidan Member Posts: 5
    Hello all of you guys,
    I live in Quebec City Canada and I made the move today, my new car will be delivered tomorrow at 01 PM I can't wait.
    I will be back in a week or so with my comments,
    I read all 50 pages of this board to get a better feeling of the car and it really helped.
    Thank you all
    Cheers
  • Options
    WOW! All 50 pages. I'm sure you know by now that we love our AMANTIs. They're great automobiles, and sites like these are the best way of getting to know the real-life details of ownership. Congratulations and happy driving!

mechanic80
  • Options
    Congrats! Please let us know how you like it. You can tell we love ours. Bill
  • Options
    Félicitations!

MagMax
  • Options
    Thank you all,
    my last three vehicules were Honda's CRV which I really liked by the way, the only thing that bothered me was the low fuel mileage I was getting aroud town mid 10's only, so far i think me Amanti will be better We sill see
    cheers
    Dan
  • Options
    On the subject of mileage, after seven months, I'm getting close to 4500 miles driven, and I've seen my mileage (60% city / 40% highway) creeping up from a solid 17 mpg to 19 on the last couple of fill-ups. The only all highway trip I've done to Santa Fe I recorded 25 mpg.
  • Options
    chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    "Make your deal in the next 10 days and I'll give you a 250,000 mile warranty at "NO CHARGE". Buy any vehicle in stock for Edmund "TMV" and the warranty is yours. Thank you"

If this thing is legit - it's going to have enough "holes" in it as to coverage you would be able to drive a semi thru it! I don't see how any warranty company can offer a product like this. Unless of course it's a Mercedes or Volvo!
  • Options
    captainbobcaptainbob Member Posts: 17
    congrats.on the purchase of your Amanti. my wife and i say it is the best car we have ever owned. We now have 21,000 on it and nothing has gone wrong.the last two trips totalling 6300 miles we averaged 25 to 32 miles per gallon.the trick is to stay around 70 to 72 m/h. of course these are highway miles and the A/C was used all the time.As you know the car is VERY quiet and perfect to drive.Have you seen the latest JDPower ratings by satisfied customers .the AMANTI beat many of the more expensive cars .
    also the news just out that the old president Peter Butterfield has been replaced .
    enjoy your new car and lets hear from you again
  • Options
    amanti04amanti04 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Amaniti Admirers,

I've had my 04 Charcoal Grey since last spring. It's got almost 30 000 km .... lots of driving this past summer. Love the car. First saw it at the Toronto car show last spring and couldn't beleive the features and quality for the price. When we drove some other vehicles last spring and then drove the Amanti..... there was no comparison. I walked away from some significant savings on GM because I couldn't compromise to the extent that the interior and ride were so obviously better than the Buick for example.

As it gets colder (northern Ontario), I'm talking withe the dealer about installing a remote starter especially nice in the winter. They (Kia) want $415 including installation (two hand held units). Has anyone out there any advice to offer. Installing the remote is not new for me. I had it on my Toyota 4 Runner..worked flawlessly. The Kia dealer assures me that their supplier fully warrants their equipment so as not to nullify the Kia warranty (an earlier concern of some manufacturers)

Your comments are appreciated.

Jay Daiter (alias miata owner)
    Nakina, Ontario
    (some fine fishing country)
  • Options
    clintondeeclintondee Member Posts: 8
    we didn't like the all Black interior so we went with the light grey also. It looks great and Ive covered evrything with carpets so the floor doesnt go to pot
  • Options
    clintondeeclintondee Member Posts: 8
    After 2 weeks the Amanti is running great!
  • Options
    I have a Ford Aspire (really a Kia with a ford tag on it), it came with a 36k mile warrenty, I have 135,653 on it right now, it still has 170 psi per cylender, it gets 42mpg, it does not leak any oil or use any oil, the tranny did have to be replaced 70k miles ago because first owner shifted from forward to reverse and from reverse to 1st, the ends of the shift rails where snapped off.
    There are stipulations,they are usually #1 all maintence must be done at licensed shops. #2 be done at times stipulated by maintence schedual. #3 use approved components only. #4 voided if any of the first not followed and if parts show signs of abuse IE tires show signs of burnouts, used car off road, drove at excessive speed, overloaded car, towed excessive weight, didn't save every receipt for work done/oil change etc... and that 250k mile warrenty only covers engine and tranny.
    My very first car got 300k miles before I sold it, it was a 1978 subaru GL 2 door sedan, only work it had was new clutch and brakes when needed and synthetic oil change every 6k miles.

You do know Mercedes is owned by chrysler and they have recalls on over a million at the moment, Mercedes is not what it used to be, from what I have heard from my relatives in germany just about the entire german work force quit rather than build to chrysler specs.
  • Options
    wmscottwmscott Member Posts: 3
    Bought my dear wife a 05 Silver Amanti for her Birthday. I read up and we drove everything else out there. The wife loves this car! Lucky for me it is very affordable.

I read a few people on here concerned about the gas door not opening with the button. There is a manual release in the trunk behind the fuel door.

Those with fuel economy concerns might want to look at Synthetic Oils. I have run my cars full synthetic for the last 20 years. I only change oil every 10K and have taken a Plymouth Voyager and a Honda Accord to over 250K that way and they still ran well when another kid of my got it passed on the them. Yes Synthetic does cost more but you change oil less and get better gas mileage. Changed a valve cover gasket on the Honda with over 200k on it and you could have eaten supper out of the cover.

I was disappointed to find they recommend a Timing belt change at 60K. I wonder what they charge for that?

It would also be nice if the changed to a modern coolant like Dexcool. Changing the coolant every 30K is so yesterday.

I do love the car so far and my wife is so happy she was jumping up and down at the dealership when they handed her the keys. :) She was happy to show her appreciation to later at home! :blush:
  • Options
    Hello Dan, I'm in Vancouver and have about 12,000 km on my 05 Amanti. The only real negative that I've been able to find is that its around-town mileage isn't very good, at least not compared to my previous 03 Nissan Maxima. But if I drive it carefully, it's quite acceptable. Include some highway driving and it's fine. I think you'll really appreciate the quiet ride, overall comfort, and the tons of standard equipment. In Québec you're sure to like the heated seats front and back as well as the excellent, versatile heating system with independent left, right, and rear temperature settings possible. I hope you'll keep us posted on your experiences with your car. Did you say what colour you got? Mine's the pearl white with light grey interior.

MagMax
  • Options
    I guess we all know that Consumer Reports didn't like the Amanti when it tested it against some other large cars. However, the owners of Amantis who also replied to the CR annual auto survey (I was one.) definitely did like their cars. The Consumer Report New Car Preview 2006 issue is now on the newsstands and in the Predicted Reliability charts on pages12-16, in the large car category, the Kia Amanti came in second only to the Buick Lacrosse. It received a 20% better than average rating which is double the Toyota Avalon's score. This just underscores that we're driving a well kept secret but also indicates that more and more people are noticing the Amanti as a good, reliable car that's a genuine alternative to more expensive vehicles with far fewer features. Let's make sure our dealers know about this so they can continue to spread the word.

MagMax
  • Options
    I got the same color and yes after 3 days, still love the car.

Cheers
    Dan
  • Options
    Just wondering if anyone had put steel winter rims on their Amanti and what tires were used.

Todd
  • Options
    Don't put steel rims on they look cheap and you'll regret it later like my friend did.
    He said that he is going to order alloy rims after christmas, and get rid of the steel ones.
  • Options
    Yeah.... your right. Keep the original rims for winter and go new alloy next spring.

Has anyone tries Goodyear Triple Tread tires on their Amanti?
  • Options
    mikeyg04mikeyg04 Member Posts: 2
    I've had my 04 (cobalt/gray) Amanti since April or so. It is the nicest car I have ever owned. Never expected to be able to have a car this nice. It was a new old-stock car.

1) Several other cars which I have owned had the ability to change some of the settings in the computer. The service tech hooks up the shop computer and can change things like
    - does the horn toot or headlights flash when you lock it?
    - tire size compensation
    - lock doors at a certain speed
    - other similar settings.

My service guy claims he has never heard of any car having this capability.

The change I really want is to add Instant Mileage to the trip computer. From the manual it says that North American cars don't have the feature. I think that this would really help to see what moment to moment changes in driving style would have.

2) ebay always has several sets of nearly new OEM take-or wheels and tires. If I go to studs, I would do this so the perfect appearance of the car doesn't"t change.

Michael
  • Options
    topgeartopgear Member Posts: 111
    Very interesting...my '04 does indicate instant MPG. Are you saying that your model does not have this feature?
    -P
  • Options
    mikeyg04mikeyg04 Member Posts: 2
    My 04 does NOT have the instant MPG. In the smaller manual it describes the computer including instant MPG, then down below there is another entire description labeled "North America only" that goes through the entire explanation again, but entirely omitting any mention of instant MPG. (entirely) When I poke the button to cycle through the different functions, instant MPG doesn't appear.

Two different dealers didn't have any idea about this. This is about the only annoyance I have had with the car.

Michael
  • Options
    topgeartopgear Member Posts: 111
    Wow that's interesting about your missing instant MPG. I wonder why that was omitted. To tell you the truth, the average mpg is probably more accurate and useful. I never use the instant as it is too scary to watch (usually low numbers). Although it would have been nice for Kia to leave the feature in for those that want to use it. Anyone else notice this (or lack thereof) feature?
    Just a tidbit -I was told that the very first Amanti's had a black instead of blue computer screen, (perhaps in Korea only?). Anybody with one of those or was that just a rumor?
    -P
  • Options
    stockchaserstockchaser Member Posts: 56
    I know something about that.

In mid May, 2004 my good friend and I bought our 2004 Amantis at the same time so we could negotiate a better deal. We have compared notes on every little detail. Recently his computer screen was not functioning. He, like I and most, if not all of us had a blue screen. We also loved the instant MPG feature. When he brought the car to the dealer, they replaced the screen. Now he has a black screen with white numbers and he has two features missing: the instant MPG and the one that tells the distance traveled since the last fill up. He's not happy, but the dealer said that was the only replacement available. I had my own screen replaced when the car was only a few months old, and I got the blue one with all the same features.
  • Options
    Hi, everybody, it's been a week and everything is A-1. I simply love the car.
    My wife was very sceptic aboutleaving an SUV for a car but she now loves all the comfort.
    Even brand new and doing 80%city and 20 HW, i got 17 miles to the gallon (CDN) which is about 22 miles US.
    So far so go.
    I'll be back so more later on.
    Cheers
    Dan
  • Options
    I just got home from going to my dealer to have oil changed and tires rotated. I mentioned that someone in this forum said that Wal-Mart Automotive will not change Amantis oil because it requires a special kind of filter, and the after market won't do the job. Also, someone mentioned a whining sound when changing gears. My service tech said that some of these after market filters will cause the engine to have a whining sound, so was wondering if that's where the noise is coming from, and not the transmission. Just curious. Bill - Orlando
  • Options
    I wish that it was as simple as an oil filter. I have always had the oil change performed by the dealer. Still have a whine....I am certain that it is the transmission and I am beginning to think that it is a normal sound. I am on my second one and they both had a whine.....just in different gears.

Todd
  • Options
    Todd: No transmission whine here, but maybe I just do not hear it. A whine would not bother me anyway, but a clunk or rattle would. :D
  • Options
    staceyazstaceyaz Member Posts: 26
    I'm beginning to get a bit annoyed with Kia in general. Sure, dealerships are fine and wonderful places. Sure, there are a LOT of independent mechanics who should be run out of business for incompetence or dishonesty. However, there ARE some mechanics out there who are every bit as skilled and conscientious as the ones employed by Kia. What I'm continuing to find are more and more examples of the "just can't get the parts" phenomenon.

The latest was the air filter. What both Autozone and Wal-Mart told me was that they can't get the air filter for my Amanti. We happened to already have an appointment at the Kia dealership, so we went ahead and had it installed there. The price: $20 for an air filter. Of course, they did tell my wife that it would be installed "at no charge", so that was good (with a $20 air filter). But of course then they stuck a $5 labor charge on the bill, hoping she wouldn't notice, or wouldn't speak up. LOL - they don't know my wife very well!

OK, so now I've learned that Kia doesn't trust any other service shop to be able to do major work (OK), or to change the oil and oil filter (a little odd...), or even to change the air filter (WHAT?!?).

I suppose I should be grateful that Kia still allows me to rotate the tires, put gas in the car all by myself, and clean both the interior and exterior of the car.

Next I'll read somewhere that "washing the car in an unapproved facility voids the anti-corrosion warranty".

I love my Amanti. It is the most wonderful car I've ever owned. But if Kia wants to make sure my next car is a Ford, they're doing all the right things to make it happen... they already have me wishing I still had either my '95 Mercedes or my '95 Chrysler Cirrus.
  • Options
    iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    did someone at your Kia dealer's service department tell you that you should get your oil changes, air filter changes and major work there only?

The reason I ask is that your Kia dealer should be the most competent to do the work. They do charge more, though you can find some decent deals if you look hard enough.

It's not always convenient to get all the service work done by your Kia dealer but the understanding has always been that if you do get work done by someone else, keep the receipt! :D

That's it. If someone messes up your Kia's engine, it's not Kia's fault. That's where they have their law departments available. It's just something to think about. You would expect only the best service by your Kia dealer, then. The ones I've had, in Washington state and Missouri, have been great. Helpful, never charging me more than what should be charged, etc.

I'm looking at a 2006 Kia Rio5 hatchback at my local dealer. If I get it I will try to get all work done there because it's within a couple miles of my house and very convenient. I have had work done on my '01 Kia Sportage 4x4 (alternator replacement) before that was done accurately by a gas station's service department in mid-Missouri and everything went just fine.

I just think that your Kia dealer is supposed to know your Kia best. What could really be irritating in this "just in time" parts philosophy that everybody is buying into. Your part may be lost in the "just in time" shuffle. If you know what you want ahead of time it would be smart to let your dealer know way out ahead to circumvent that problem.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• Options
    I think you should report your deal to the BBB. I just got my oil and filter at my dealer for $22.95. I just called my parts dept. and Amanti filter for '04 is $6.05. I have no issue with that amount.
    Bill - Orlando
  • Options
    "I just think that your Kia dealer is supposed to know your Kia best. What could really be irritating in this "just in time" parts philosophy that everybody is buying into. Your part may be lost in the "just in time" shuffle."

I think all of you guys are missing the point. All of you have purchased a car that is sold in realitvily small numbers, by dealers that are few in number. Do any of you think that any Kia dealer are selling enough of these cars to keep more than a very parts in stock? I don't blame them... it's simply business. But you are not alone. I knew of several people who had Jags (before Ford bought them) that couldn't get parts either. You can get an air & oil filter for a Ford Taurus, Chevy Impala,etc. all over town!
  • Options
    lpoolelpoole Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to negotiate a price for a new 2005 amanti demo with 8500 miles. The dealer is only allowing 2000.oo discount plus rebates. Do you think that this is a good deal?
  • Options
    should try and order their parts way out ahead of time so that isn't a problem. It is true that if you had a Chevy you would have an easier time getting a part for it. It's just one of those things you have to think about before you make your decision to buy foreign or not. I sure have not regretted my decision to buy my two Kia's.

I agree, you really can't blame Kia for not stocking up on odd types of parts for lower-selling cars. Kia has won my respect for their hard-working style, and great product mix that only gets better each passing year. I was behind Kia back in 1998 when most people were dissing them and putting them in the Daewoo category. I saw the great value in them after getting my '99 Kia Sephia and spending some quality "fun" time in it with some great Yokohama tires on Konig Diva wheels. The car handled so much better and could be pushed into turns at a faster speed. Once the tires and wheels were swapped out the car really handled nicely.

Back to parts ordering here in the U.S. This is an area that Kia is trying to improve upon right now. I read about it several months ago. They are working on a program to get a parts network that is connected to each other throughout the U.S. and getting the technical personnel trained right to handle all of the problems that might come up. I forget the name of it but Kia has a particular name for it and it has begun.

I have been happy with each of my Kia's and would like to trade for my third sometime in the next 2 or 3 months. I have confidence in the Kia brand and they keep improving every year. Just try and find another vehicle that packs so much feature content for lower prices. And I don't trust the Chinese brands coming out soon enough to pull the trigger and actually buy one. Gonna be interesting to follow the car industry the next few years, huh? :D

• Options
    "And I don't trust the Chinese brands coming out soon enough to pull the trigger and actually buy one. Gonna be interesting to follow the car industry the next few years, huh?"

I agree. The Chinese will probably follow the Hyundai model. They will produce cars a little below our quality standards the first few model years, get their knees scraped, and then look out. Everyone (GM, Ford, Toyota, even Hyundai & Kia) will have some serious price competition!
  • Options
    yep, that's what I'm talking about. The low prices on the Chinese models (of which Chery won't be a name, GM sued to have that name barred from U.S.usage because it sounds too much like Chevy...shows you how clueless either the general buying public is, or GM is, take your pick)may force Hyundai, Kia and Chevy (with their Aveo) to lower their prices to compete.

I don't know about you but I would be interested in a test drive at least of a Chinese car. It's gonna take a good car to beat Kia, IMHO. I looked at Scion for a while but ended up not being as impressed as I thought I was. Kia still has them beat.

• Options
    captainbobcaptainbob Member Posts: 17
    I just read an article by the renowned Sir John Templeton,the fellow is the worlds best stock picker for many wealthy people.His comment in the letter is that he looks for bargain stocks with a lot of promise ,his choice was KIA MOTORS,he states tht it could be the next General motors years down the line.that they produce a very very good line of cars and there attention to details will put them before the public as a wise purchase .By the way ,he also drives a KiA
  • Options
    That is odd the Schucks, napa, Fred Meyer, Wal-Mart, and Car Care all have filters for Amanti here in Alaska
  • Options
    gulfcoastgulfcoast Member Posts: 2
    It appears that KIA does not require that you have your maintenance work done strictly at a dealer service department, giving the owner the option to go to the automotive service of their choice.

In section SEVEN, page THREE, parargrph TWO on the right hand side of the page of the owners manual it states:

"We reccommend that maintenance be performed by an Authorized Kia Dealer using genuine Kia parts.However, maintenance may be performed by any competent automotive repair establishment using automotive parts equivalent to those with which your vehicle or your engine was originally equipped."

Joe