Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Amanti 2006 and earlier

Comments

• topgeartopgear Member Posts: 111
    Well...with 40,000 miles now on my '04 Amanti, I can say that the front end seems a bit on the soft side. I think the shocks are starting to "go" a bit. It's not too bad though, but new stiffer shocks wouldn't hurt either. Perhaps the newer '05 models have already improved the front suspension a bit, as I think that is one of the few sore spots of this otherwise fine automobile. I'm pretty sure mine idles at less than 1000 RPM when warmed up, but I will take a closer look now that you mention it.
    -Pete
  • shadow99688shadow99688 Member Posts: 209
    well temps came up it is no longer below -20, temp is now 11 and the idle came down to about 800 rpm
    Today with over 730 miles on the car I averaged 30.2mpg on the highway
  • stockchaserstockchaser Member Posts: 56
    I've been having a couple small issues with my car, and in about a month I'll bring it back to the dealer for service and ask them to check them.
    Recently, when turning my steering wheel to the right, I hear (and feel) a "ratcheting" sensation and noise. Never happens when turning the wheel to the left. The noise seems to be coming from the steering wheel itself.

Secondly, and this has happened on about four occasions that I know of: I'll be driving and I've looked at my speedometer and it says I'm going zero mph, and the odometer doesn't advance. It'll stay like that until I come to a complete stop, and upon resuming speed, the odometer resets and the speedometer works again.
    Anybody else experience this?
  • tommy555tommy555 Member Posts: 13
    Hi: I bought my '04 Amanti in November, 2004. The only problem I experienced with it was the "bouncing tennis" ball noise and feel in the front end. The dealer replaced the bushings and struts about 7 months ago. The noise and bad and feel came back in December, 2005. I took it back to the dealer again and they replaced the "center bushings and struts", whatever they are. Needless to say, the tennis ball noise and bounce feel have gone away. Otherwise, I am totally happy with my Amanti (just wish the gas mileage was better). I get about 18 mpg, combined city and highway (most of my driving is city).

Tom from Central New Jersey
    I had the same problem on a 1994 Aspire (also made by Kia)
    it had gotten really cold and the spedometer cable had Frozen and it broke a couple teeth on the gear that turns the spedometer cable, the part to fix it on the aspire was about $5.00, but had to pull the spedometer cable from the back of the transmission housing to replace the end with the new gear.
  • billh6billh6 Member Posts: 123
    Well, I went to a dealer to check out the Chrysler 300 Hemi to see what's the big deal, why it's so popular. I always felt the grill was too prominent (like the Amanti grill much better). Anyway, interior was nice. I know someone who likes his but he only got 18,000 miles wear on his tires and Chrysler will not give him any credit toward new ones, plus he says it has a hard ride. I am sure the resale value will be greater, but I still prefer my car. Bill/Orlando
  • seattlenseattlen Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,
    Does anyone here know if the 2005 wheels will go on to a 2004??

Thanks,
    Len...in Seattle
    Yes they will, the 04-06 can use the same rims and tires
  • captainbobcaptainbob Member Posts: 17
    I am generally able to see what the monthly sales of Kia cars are but as of Feb.06 have not been able to get Jan 06 total sales.Do you have a favorite site?
    Our 04 Amanti now has 24,000 miles and is still the best car we have ever owned.great mileage on trips(30 plus)and has needed no repairs.can't wait to see the 2007s
    People still ask ,what make car is that,it looks great?
  • magmaxmagmax Member Posts: 88
    On Wednesday evening I decided to go for a little drive -- just an hour out into the country and back again -- and I was struck again by just how comfortable and quiet the Amanti is. In Canada, it's Kia's biggest secret. I can't believe that they have such a good vehicle yet they don't seem to advertise it. I've been following the Hyundai Azera forum of late and it's pretty obvious that my Kia has more standard features than the new Azera, even though it doesn't have the new engine. Everyone comments on how expensive the car looks and everyone who's ridden in it is sold on the comfort and the silence. It's just a very satisfying vehicle. I just wish the company and its dealers would push it a little more so we'd see a few more of them on the road. I've suggested that they institute a day-long test drive program and I'll bet that a serious customer wouldn't give it up after having lived with it for a day.

The intermittent creak that I've heard from the left front suspension area seems to have lessened. I can't recall having heard it recently or maybe I'm getting used to it. The gas filler flap warped so that I had to more or less gnaw my way into it just to fill up with gas but the service manager at my dealership applied some heat to the plastic door and it seems to have warped in a different direction so now it opens whenever I push the release button. I've had no problems with my instruments although every now and then the trip computer panel flickers to reset itself. All in all, it's a great car that's a pleasure to drive in town as well as on the highway.

Magmax
    My gas door used to get stuck closed also. I gently bent it another way and always make an effort not to slam it shut. It seems fine now. Best riding car I've ever owned also. I still stare at it when walking through garage. I also wish they would promote it more. Seldom see them around town, although when I went to the car show people were swarming around the Amanti. I kept saying I have one and love it. The sales people seemed thrilled with me. Bill
  • ericonlineericonline Member Posts: 21
    Does anyone know the status of the Amanti 2006 Models? 2005's are routinely advertised in the Houston area for $7,000 under MSRP. They probably need to sell off the 05's before they bring out the 06's. I've read there will be more standard features on the 06 but otherwise unchanged.
    I took my sister to one of the dealers here (she purchased the '06 Optima off the showroom floor)and the salesman said they had no '05 Amantis left, they were waiting for the '06s to arrive. That was end of Jan., and just was driving by and saw lots of '06's now.
  • mechanic80mechanic80 Member Posts: 122
    There is no visual difference in the 06 AMANTI. It comes standard with leather, sunroof, heated seats, dual climate control. The only option package is for the stability control and that includes the trip computer. This may be my last post in this forum, as I traded the AMANTI for a new Hyundai Azera on saturday. What can I say.....I'm fickle. BTW, the Azera is as impressive as I felt the AMANTI ever was. I thrive on change (though my bank account doesn't.)
    Good for you. Keep us posted. :)
    Hi mechanic80, I'm very interested in your decision to replace your Amanti with an Azera, because I've been thinking of doing the very same thing. Unfortunately, I've only had the Amanti for a bit more than a year so I'd take a pretty big depreciation hit, and the Azera is priced much too high in Canada. It's $5000 more than the US price when converted to Canadian dollars and I just can't see where that money is accounted for. But I'd be very interested in hearing about your impressions of the Azera in comparison to the Amanti. I guess we'll have to wait until the 2007 model year for any significant changes to the Amanti so maybe that's my best option, especially since I really like the car's smooth ride and all the toys that come standard.

MagMax
  • mechanic80mechanic80 Member Posts: 122
    It's nice to know I'm not alone. I felt like a traitor (especially since I work at a KIA dealer and Hyundai is across the street) But that guilt quickly passed when I got the Azera. One thing I had repeatedly mentioned in this forum was my inability to find a comfortable seating position. There was no shoulder support and the steering wheel was too close. Enter the AZERA....tilt and telescope wheel, glove soft leather that fits my every contour, and add the adjustable pedals and the combinations for comfort are almost endless. But there are minuses to the Azera. The mirrors, although power folding (???why!!!!!) do not tilt down and that IS a nice feature. The ride is not Amanti like. It's stiffer but not annoyingly so. Not as "tomb" quiet either but removing the sunroof wind deflector makes a huge improvement.
    Now the good news....I'm sure the '07 AMANTI will incorporate the tilt and telescope and power pedals too and probably the rain-sensing wipers (I got the Limited, Ultimate package) The handling of the two cars cannot be compared. The Amanti is soft and quiet and therefore will have more roll and plow than the Azera (a few hundred pounds lighter) but I prefer the tighter suspension and the cornering ability of the Azera, and don't forget the 263 HP 3.8 V6. Real available power to the pavement. As far as trade in, My 10 month old Amanti with 6500 miles only garnered $15k on a trade, but I didnt pay sticker for the Azera, either. (I'd like to be more specific, but I was sworn to secrecy under threat of great bodily harm and possible death) All in all, I'm absolutely delighted with the switch. Now, if I can keep a car for more than a year, I'll be way ahead financially. BTW, the Amanti was sold as I was signing the check for the Azera to a sweet old lady. I'm no longer part of the geriatric squad. :shades:
  • brendainphillybrendainphilly Member Posts: 2
    I am moving to SoFla in a few weeks and will need a car -- after a lot of research, I have decided that a good value car for me would be a low mileage used 2005 Amanti.
    I have found quite a few at various dealerships in the area, but virtually every carfax report I run shows that they were daily rentals. Given the wear and tear of a rental vehicle, I am inclined to stay away from them --- though there seems to be something odd about these cars in that almost all of them are black or gray. Very strange for SoFla where it is so hot and very strange for a rental car company since usually rental cars are white or colored (when was the last time you saw a black rental car??). Any ideas as to what is going on here or where these cars came from? They all show up as sold at auction. And any ideas as to what is the right price for a 2005 with about 15K miles if it's a rental? a non-rental? I saw someone report that $16,500 would be a right price but that seems a bit high to me -- and I have seen a number for sale below that price.
    Any thoughts would be most welcome.
  • lovemyamantilovemyamanti Member Posts: 3
    Bill,

Just curious how your sister is enjoying the Optima. My brother is considering a Hyundai Sonata, but he loves my Amanti. Wondering what might be the differences for the '07 Optima or Sonata?

Daniel
  • amanti4meamanti4me Member Posts: 3
    Drove home my new 2005 Amanti on 03/15/06.
    I had initally planned on purchasing a Hyundai Azera, but after test driving both vehicles, overwhelmingly decided on the Amanti. My reasons are as follows:
    1) The styling of the Azera, in my opinion, is rather generic. It reminds me of many other aerodynamic vehicles seen on the road today. I enjoy the unique styling the Amanti offers.
    2) Although the Azera offers more features (i.e. telescoping steering wheel, adjustable petals, rain sensing wipers, etc) they did not appeal to me, at this point in my life anyway.
    3) Back seat leg room. My 6'1" 17 year old son fit very comfortably in the back seat of the Amanti. Next test will be my 16 year old 6'4" nephew.
    4) Great deal on the untitled 05 Amanti. The Hyundai dealers are not coming down much on the price of the Azera (in my area anyway).
    I am tickled pink with the Amanti but that could be because I have driven Mercury Villagers since 1993. Not to say my Villagers were not superb vehicle because they were. As a matter of fact I gave my sister my 2000 Villager Estate with 39,000 miles on it so I wouldn't be heart broken to trade it in and get nothing for it.
    Now that I have the Amanti, I no longer dread driving into work, its once I get there that I have a problem!
    We have 6 or 7 dealers here, and this past weekend two were advertising '06's and one advertised one new '05 left. I am beginning to be concerned that Kia does not advertise the Amanti anymore, nor do I see any on the road. I was down in Miami for a week and only saw one. One Amanti during my driving around the area. Not sure if having a unique vehicle is a good or bad thing. Although I wouldn't trade my car for an Azera or anything else (although I did have to claw my way with a credit card to fill up, so calling my dealer now).
    Bill - Orlando
    Daniel: Well, she's only had it two months. It was sitting in their new fancy showroom, loaded, cherry red, brownish leather with the wood grain. Nice looking. She just had to have one with leather and sunroof to try to compete with her big brother. She couldn't afford the Amanti. Well, they had none on the lot to sell at the time, only a pre-owned one, so there was little warranty with it. This dealer offers tires for life, where my dealer does not. I took my car in for oil change and was looking at the few Amanti '06's on the lot. They have two with the vinyl tops, looks like a convertible, which really made it look stunning, but a little over-dressed, if you get my drift, plus because of the top they did not have sunroofs, which I enjoy. One was the light gold with top vinyl or rag top and the other one was the charcoal grey with black top. It does catch your eye. I asked if it was after market and he said no, they come from Kia Motors like that. I wanted to trade, but bit my tongue, walked out, waiting for the changes in the '07. Bill
    Well drove an amanti at over 100mph, still fairly quiet, doesn't have a floating feeling like my eagle wagon did at 85mph or my tempos got at 95mph.
    just might try it with my amanti when it is broke in, or maybe not.
    Hello Amanti4me and congratulations. What colour did you get? It's interesting to compare the equipment mix in Canadian and American Amanti and Azera models and I really wonder why there's a difference. For example, our Amanti comes with a wood grain wheel while that's not on the US model; our Azera can't have the woodgrain wheel while the US model does. My 05 Amanti does have rain sensing wipers as well as heated seats front and back and also Xenon headlights, all standard equipment. I agree with you about the styling and prefer the look of the Amanti to the new Azera. But that nice new engine would be quite welcome in my Amanti. Maybe I'll just have to wait until the 2007 model year.

MagMax
    I wouldn't have the wood grain on the steering wheel, it is too slick, if for some reason the power steering fails you want something that you can get a good grip on.
    As for the headlights the first thing was go and buy Xenon bulbs for the headlights.
    The rear heated seats would have been nice and it would have been great if the rear seats would have been folding.
    Anyone notice that the car is a pig when it comes to dirty wet roads? mine throws mud/water/slush up over the hood on the windshield and all over the sides the mud flaps help very little, mostly keeping rocks from being thrown from the tires to the lower portions of the doors, The only other car I had that did that was my eagle wagon.
    Thanks MagMax and hello to you too. I got the pearl white Amanti. Was originally looking for the silver gray but fell for this color when I saw it. I would definitely like to have the wood grain steering wheel. I think it would add a lot to the look of the interior. I am still loving the car but have noticed a problem which I will have checked on. It seems that every so often at around 30-35 MPH I get a hesitation from the engine. Hard to explain but its as if the vehicle is down shifting or trying to decide which gear to go into. The vehicle only has 250 miles on it. Anyone experienced this?
    Hi Shadow, It rains a lot here in Vancouver so for over half the year we're on wet roads and I noticed immediately that the Amanti gets its side mirrors dirty very quickly. I've never seen that on my previous cars but I guess the aerodynamics are such that there's a lot of spray thrown up on the mirrors. As for the rest of the car, I don't see much difference compared to my previous vehicles although I don't like the road grime that streaks the top of the chromed grille after I've driven behind anyone who throws up some spray. As for the wooden wheel, I've found that the grip on the so called wooden part of the wheel is actually almost better than on the leather around the spokes. I was surprised because I figured it would be slippery but it's not at all.

MagMax
    I had 1 car with wood grain steering wheel and it was really slick, car didn't have power steering and front tire blow out made it almost impossible to steer the car, I had to grab the spokes in the steering wheel.

My amanti has actually thrown muddy water from the road over the hood and splattered the windshield, some of it may be from the tread pattern of the studded nordic mud & snow tires, they have a V pattern to push water out from the center of the tread.
  • haggardhaggard Member Posts: 92
    Any details you can provide on your deal? AutoTrader shows several dealers from Eastern PA to central NJ with as many as 6 new '05 Amantis in stock (mileage listed in the low teens). Ads say anywhere from 7K to 10K off. Anyone know where (or if) you can find out about how much support the dealers are getting to move the '05's?
    Absolutley love the car, but really not clear on where the price should be. Thanks.
    First I should say that I live about an hour west of Cleveland, OH. Purchased mine 03/15/06 for 26,000.00 out the door. Sticker was just shy of 30,000. Only three dealers in our immediate area and wanted to stick close to home for warranty/maintanence reasons. The first dealer (which I ended up buying my amanti from) had only three untitled 05 Amantis and they were all pearl white. Really like the color but would have been just as happy with a silver gray one. The next dealer did not have one untitled 05 on the lot, only used ones with 10K to 15K miles. They were giving a starting price of 20,000. Last dealer had only one silver gray. The lowest they would go was 27,300. When I told them the first dealers price I was told "If they are selling that vehicle for that price I suggest you go buy it because they are loosing money." By the way, dealer number 3 was going to get the vehicle from dealer number 1 because the silver gray amanti they had didn't have the sun/moon roof. The general manager was even surprised at the $26,000 out the door price and said he couldn't go any lower than the price they quoted.

Beware! What drew me into dealer number 1's lot was the big bold lettering on the windshield of the Amanti's stating "$6,000 OFF". The way they work that 6K off the sticker price really only netted me a 4K savings before any real haggling began.

I should also add that my amanti already had front and rear mud guards and a few other doodads that were classified as accessories.

As can be expected, the further into the year we go the lower the price of the 05's will be. Because there were no styling changes from 05 to 06, I can't imagine they will lower the price drastically though.

The longer I drive my amanti the better I like it. Have gotten many compliments on it also. Only draw back is the gas mileage. Have only filled the tank once and figured the mileage to be 14.88 mpg. Only have 500 miles on it so hope the mpg improves as the vehicle breaks in.

Hope this helps you in some way.
  • haggardhaggard Member Posts: 92
    Thanks for the insight. That should give me a good starting point. Keep us posted on how the gas mileage works out.
    I've heard that they will be changing the body style of the Amanti, plus other newer features. I'm not so sure I'll like the new look, but I'm willing to wait. I've looked at the Azera but like the Amanti more. I wrote to Kia with concerns that I was afraid they would stop making the Amanti due to the Azera. They were back and assured me that will not happen, to keep checking Kia.com for more info about the all-new 2007. I will wait patiently. Bill
  • jtzjtz Member Posts: 37
    Will, when they do change it, ask them if the E and F pillars will be more straight. I cannot stand the back. I like the grill though. It has such a nice name ;nonetheless, the Amanti just doesn't add to the looks.
  • 2moreyears2moreyears Member Posts: 14
    While I highly doubt it, has anyone here ever seen the old Nickelodeon show Rocket Power? It was about 4 kids living in a surf town in SoCal. What does this have to do with anything? This show, or at least the episode which I will be talking about concerns the Kia Amanti. In the "Father's Day Off" episode which debuted September 1, 1999, Sam's father is seen driving a red car, which looks similar, if not exactly the same as the Kia Amanti. One can see the strong similarities in the headlights, taillights, and body, as well as the dash of the car. I'm not sure when it was designed, but the Amanti was introduced into the US in the 2004(?) model-year. How long does is take to design and build a car? Just food for thought, you draw your own conclusions.
  • staceyazstaceyaz Member Posts: 26
    I haven't posted here in a very long time, because of computer issues. Thought I'd post my latest Amanti updates...

I like my '04 Amanti, still. I have about 21k miles on it now. The fuel economy still stinkss, but at least it's not a gas-guzzling SUV!

A few problems I've had, or am currently having:

I have an appointment next week with the dealer. For 143 consecutive days in Phoenix, we got no rain. On the day it finally rained, my Airbag dash light came on, and has stayed on ever since. Now the Parking Brake light, and the ABS light, have come on as well.

I'm also having the dealer look at the climate control system. The rear AC vent blows HEATED air, even when the air conditioner is cranked all the way as cold as I can set it. This isn't just outside temperature air, it is HEATED. It was very hot air, even in the winter. This has been a problem for at least a year, but I rarely think about it, since there's usually no one in the back seat.

The car's exterior continues to accumulate tiny dings. That's unfortunate, and it's worse than any other car I've ever owned. I must have gotten the special "Tinfoil Body Panel" option or something...

Otherwise, it's still a hell of a car. I'm less than a month from the two-year anniversary of when I bought it, and I expect to be driving it for several more years. And when I sell it, I will replace it with the smallest, most efficient hybrid I can find. Maybe they will come out with a hybrid Mini Cooper by then, which would be IDEAL!

Stacey
  • stockchaserstockchaser Member Posts: 56
    Stacey, it's nice to hear from you again.....I haven't posted here in awhile either. I don't know what is causing your other Amanti problems, but as for the rear air vent blowing hot air, are you sure you have the dial in back set to blow cold? It makes a difference! Check that....I think the dial is turned to red for heat and blue for cold.
    Sorry to hear about your door dings. I have zero door dings and I've had my Amanti two years this month. I attribute some of that to searching out "one-door-bangers" in parking lots. I'll park in a whole different area code if I have to!
    Love my Amanti...as far as I know now, my next car will also be an Amanti, but only when there is a completely different body style, and I think that will be a few years at least.
    RA
    I brought my Amanti in to dealer because I've noticed in the mornings when cold that the pistons were making clicking sound. I'm not sure what they did but it's a quiet as it was the day I drove it off the lot. When I read Stacey's comment about the hot air always blowing out the back ac vent, I remembered that passengers back there have said it was hot, even when I pushed the button on the dash and made sure the dial was blue (not red). I told them while it was in to check that. Sure enough, he said there's some door or flap, and it was stuck. Now I reach back and it's cool. Plus my whole ac seems to have more cold air blowing, but maybe it's my imagination. Anyway, I've not posted in a while. Reason? I love my car and I've had hardly anything to say about it that I've not said earlier. I was concerned they still have several new '05 Amantis on their lot (one all dressed up with the vinyl top on it.. very classy looking, only 3 '06. My salesman tells me that Kia is always behind in sending out Amanti's. I'm not sure I buy that. He's going to call me when the '07s arrive. Can't wait. I'll probably trade then.
    Bill - Orlando
  • rajacrajac Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 Amanti purchased june 05. So far they have replaced the engine because the oil filter was not tightened in the factory and I lost all the oil. (even tho no leak was noticed on the driveway) Then I noticed a dimming of the headlights and a slight whinning noise. The alternator was replaced. I still have the dimming headlights and after 4 trips to the dealership I have been told by Kia that it has to do with the compressor and is considered normal for the Amanti because of all the electronics on the car. Has anyone else noticed the dimming headlights? I have owned other luxury cars with lots of "extras" but never had to deal with dimming lights. As much as I love the Amanti body style and comfort I am not a happy Amanti now. If this is normal for the Amanti surely someone else has noticed. Thank for your replies.
    Hello: Well, after having my oil changed at my dealer I would notice oil burning when I shut it off in the garage. Also when I would start cold I had noisy pistons, then it would go away. They cleaned the pistons and gave me a new filter and both have subsided. I've not experienced the dimming of headlights while driving at night. Only thing that bugs me is when I turn the headlights all the way to the last click, say, right at dusk, my dash lights would be on, then would shut off (guess it felt it wasn't dark enough yet) but then it would click back on. I believe that is normal in that setting. I would have thought the alternator would have been the culprit. I assume they did all diagnostic tests on it. I would go to Kia.com and ask for a response. I love the looks and ride of the Amanti also. Soon I hope you are pleased with its performance. Hey, this doesn't help you, but my boss bought a new 52k Mercedes and she has had it to the dealer 14 times. Just doesn't seem to want to start. That's sad.
  • rajacrajac Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply. I have been in direct contact with Kia via phone. They are very pleasant to deal with and do show concern but...I'm just not pleased to hear that they think dimming lights are ok! I used to have a little trouble with dash lights also but that seems to have quit on it's own. I'm going to talk to the dealership again tomorrow and see if he has any more ideas. He's been quite helpful too (at least until now). I just want to know how many people have this same problem since Kia says it's normal on the Amanti. Anyone else have any comments? Sorry to hear about your boss. I guess price doesn't dictate quality. Thanks again!
    dimming headlights could be a bad ground wire, it heats up and as it heats the resistance goes up and lights get dimmer.
    try turning off the lights for a short time then turn them back on, if they start bright then dimm again have the grounds checked.
    my brother had this problem in a chevy luv truck, replaced the ground wire and connected it to a different location away from road splash and the problem went away.
  • ibpublicibpublic Member Posts: 8
    Hi there I think the dealers were pulling your leg. Kia has a 3000 rebate on all 05 models and a 2000 rebate on the 06 models plus the dealers get what is called a holdback from Kia which is about 700@ for the Amanit's. I got an 06 at the end of April for 24,000 (Cobalt Blue). Its got everything the Amanti offers including the Infinity package, stability and electronic braking control packages. I love this puppy so far. Sounds like yours is still being broken in I have 650 on mine already and I noticed that once I put it on the road I got 22mpg but abound town I'm still getting 19. I was doing 75 mph on average. So I'd suggest you do a road trip and see if your mileage improves. Happy motoring :blush:
  • ibpublicibpublic Member Posts: 8
    Hello MegMax I have a 06 Cobalt Blue one and yes I get the hesitation too but its not from the engine its the tranny. I've got 650 on mine and it sounds like you are still breaking yours in. Apparently this Sports matic transmission will automatically downshift at slow speeds and I suspect that's what you are feeling. Try this to see what I mean, switch over to the Sports matic mode while driving and watch the gears downshift automatically as you slow down to stop. You can do this manually but if you don't bother it will downshift for you and I suspect it does this when your in Drive also. Of course when in Sports matic you do have to upshift because it won't do that automatically unless you are in Drive. :shades:
  • amanti04amanti04 Member Posts: 2
    Now I love my Amanti and it has seen some 45,000 km put on it over the past 15 months. At 45,000, three of the OEM Khumo tires are down to the wear bar. THe 4th is not much better. The tires are rated for 90, 000 km. Has anyone else out there upset with the low mileage on these tires. The tires have been rotated and serviced (inflation checks etc) by the dealer regularly. Dealer will be chasing down the tire manufacturer. Note: all tires are worn absolutely evenly.

Ticked off in Ontario, Canada

Jay
    My dad bought my mom a new Toyota Corrola in 2004, she has less than 12k miles on the tires and they are going to have to be replaced this fall, most tires on new cars are cheap and have a low wear rating.
    go to
    http://www.safercars.gov/Tires/pages/TireRatings.cfm
    to look up the tread wear of your tires, the Kumho tires do not have a very high wear rating.
    I'm just glad they didn't have michelin tires on my Amanti when i got it, had one new car go through 5 sets of them in 6 months.
    You are so right.. tires are not like they used to be. Michelin are the worst.. OMG!
  • averigejoeaverigejoe Member Posts: 559
    Brand new Amanti. 6 cd in dash player, leather, sunroof. $16,995.
    Anyone see one cheaper?
  • averigejoeaverigejoe Member Posts: 559
    (the $16,995 was a special factory purchase (used car).