Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus GS 300/GS 430

Comments

• bartalk3bartalk3 Posts: 692
    airlinephoto: Very sensible post. The qualities of the GS are the ones most likely to be unappreciated--or even occasionally ridiculed-- by the car mags.
  • Thanks bartalk. I didn't even mention the fact that the exterior of the GS is just screaming sexy- front back side, doesnt matter, this car has the looks to kill.
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    E-mailed 2 dealers in Florida yesterday for a lease quote on the GS430. Got a form letter from one and nothing from the other. Doesn't look like thet are having any trouble moving the GS430.
    I bet if I requested a quote on the LS 430, they would have sent limos to pick me up.
  • Then you hear people here getting 4500 off MSRP on a 300 no problem. Go figure.
    It's probably a simple supply-demand situation. There are many fewer 430s available, thus dealers can sell them for sticker. Someone posted here a few weeks ago a comment from a dealer predicting that 430s would sell for sticker for a year. May be true, depending on demand.
  • I got 2K off MSRP in Charlotte NC 3 weeks ago where there is only 1 Lexus dealer in town. I took one in stock but would have been the same price if I had ordered just would have to wait (couldnt wait when I saw the black one on the lot). I thought that was pretty good considering it's not like soflo or NY where there are 10 Lex dealers within a 50 mile radius!
    A Lexus dealer told me that they will have new leasing programs beginning in June. He told me to call him back in June. I don't feel encouraged.
    Of all the cars I test drove(545, M35, M45,330i) the GS430 is the only one that had the right combination: it handled well, had a very smooth refined engine, very comfortable front seats, a steering wheel to die for and a beautiful interior and exterior. Apparently, I am not alone in thinking so.
    It's possible the dealers I e-mailed are closed for the Memorial Day weekend.
  • rmellirmelli Posts: 1
    I have a Motorola V551, it took less than one min. for the bluetooth to recognize my phone. Since I had not programed any numbers into the Lexus system I then tested my phone by using my phones built in system. It worked, both sides of the conversation were both loud and clear. Good luck... Rick
  • ajamoajamo Posts: 18
    Florida1 - can you give me the particulars on that deal? (3/36, 0 down, 695 + tax) What cap cost? MF?

Is this the base 430? Or with ML/Nav?
  • lyttonlytton Posts: 14
    OK, thanks..I hope the V551 has also good reception etc. as a cell phone. I've had terrible luck with motorola cell phones in the past,and have been sticking with Nokia. Anyone had experience with Blackberry bluetooth and the GS?
  • acurafan4acurafan4 Posts: 6
    I just saw the photo of your black GS with the aftermarket rims. Your car looks really hot!. After seeing your photo, I'm really glad that I ordered my GS in black. Its suppose to arrive in August. If you have any more photos, would you mind posting them? None of the brochures have pictures of the GS in black. Thanks.
  • Thanks chief, i'm absoluely in love with this work of art car! Here are some photos including the rims on my old 03 V6 Accord and the stock wheels on the day I brought her home.. Enjoy

Thanks "airlinephoto" for the additional photos. Your car looks absolutely gorgeous. It looks like black glass. Good thing you kept those aftermarket rims.
    Waiting three months for my delivery feels like a really long time. Have fun!
  • Thanks Acura. If you think you're waiting long, I ordered a vette convertible back in sept 04, I was promised the car by latest nov/dec 04 (it's the 05 model). In May I still had just hot air in my garage so I said you know what, i'm tired of this, I just got the GS with a trade-in of my Accord (would have kept the Accord and gotten the vette as 3rd car). GM let a guy wanting to spend 58K walk like that no wonder they are junk bond status. When I came in to see the GS I was floored with its beauty (having just come from the M35 testdrive). I really wanted the black with tan interior but they had in stock ready to go black with ash- I said the heck with this, lets do it... -in love ever since. I'll still go for the vette but in 2 years when things settle down a bit (that is if GM is still around :mad: )
    acurafan: What GS did you order? They couldn't locate the colors or options you wanted coming into the area so you special ordered it? Were there any problems? Did you get it below sticker?
    Hey florida1.
    I spoke on the phone to JM Lexus this morning. In order for me to get a leasing deal similar to yours, they need to know your name and the particulars of your deal-money factor, residual, MSRP, capitalized cost, monthly payment,etc;
    I have listed my e-mail address under my profile.
    If you would be so kind as to e-mail your name and the particulars of your deal to me, I would appreciate it very much.
    Also, there are other members who are interested in your deal. If you could, please post the particulars of your deal for all to see-either here or under the "prices paid & buyers experiences" thread.
    Thank you so much!
    hpowders
  • I agree 100% that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This beholder is not into spending 3-4 G's on wheels, these wheels cost me 100 bucks each and they suit me just fine. The wheels you show on that site, some of them are GORGEOUS but I don't want to spend as I said 3-4K on the lightest weight most beautiful 18 to 20 inch bling wheels, all I wanted was an alternative to my OEM 17 inch wheels at the least possible cost. I can use the money I save on wheels to put down on buying more real estate :blush:
    I ordered a GS300 in Black Onyx with black leather, various options (i.e., spoiler, sunshade, sensors, vent seats, etc.) but without the moonroof. They had a black/black in stock but with the moonroof. Actually I think most of the 300s and 430s all had moonroofs. I must not be the norm, but I really didn't want the moonroof and was willing to wait the three months for the special order. I got $1500 off the MSRP going through a manager. I felt that was a pretty good discount and was satisfied.

If you noticed, my email name is acurafan. That was the name I created when I first signed on to Edmunds. I was initially interested in the RL, M35, and new 3 Series. But after I saw the GS, felt its quality, considered the value for the bucks, and test drove it- I was sold. The reliability ratings and resale values for Lexus also were a big influence. All the Lexus owners I spoke to were also very satisfied with their cars and dealer's service. This will be my first Lexus.
    Acurafan: If you wanted the GS without sunroof, I can see why you had to custom order it. Sunroofs are what you might call a required option. It's an option nominally, but they all have it. If you were able to special order it w/o sunroof, then I guess almost any configuration of options is possible.

Where did you buy?
  • ipsadoodleipsadoodle Posts: 35
    we have owned Lexus since 1993..had an LS400 then 98 and 99 GS 300 and now a 2002 SC430 ..all terrific cars...very happy with all of them so last July ordered a 06 GS 300 AWD..for late april delivery, well first car came damaged so reordered and 2nd car showed up yesterday...so we went with our checkbook to buy it, I had already sold our 99 last month and dealer gave us an RX330 loaner, which we have had for 5 weeks while waiting for 2nd GS to come in, anykhow, I got into the car, which was beautiful..dark blue with beige interior..guess what....did not like the seats..uncomforable, plus which here in the northeast the cars only come with runflats..they were not smooth, but you felt each bump..not a good ride..so I was really dissapointed..and did not take the car..even thought looks wise it was great and ran good. But small trunk opening and lower roof line I did not like either..

So what did I do...well, wife liked the RX330 so muchl that they had lent us, I bought a new 05..bamboo pearl..am sitting home now waiting for car to be delivered here..they had to go to Baltimore to trade for the color and equipt we want. Got navigation, etc. much more comfortable, not as high tech, but...what can you do...now we will wait for 07 LS430............
  • sunkatsunkat Posts: 1
    I lucked out! Last month I emailed the 3 dealers closest to me asking for their best lease offer on a GS430. They all asked to see the other dealers' quotes so they could meet or beat it; I refused and simply asked for their best deal on a loaded 430 (minus collision avoidance system and upgraded wheels/tires). MSRP was just over $58k. I wanted the best deal with $5000 out of pocket at lease inception fpr 36-39 month lease.
    First dealer said $815/mo for 39mo/39k miles, $5k down
    Second dealer said $795/mo for 39mo/39k miles, $5k down
    Third dealer said $669/mo for 36mo/36k miles, $5k down (caveat was Beacon credit score of 780 required for this deal)

Needless to say, I printed out the email from the 3rd dealer and rushed down there before they changed their minds...crossed my fingers as they checked my credit...my Beacon came in at 778 and they still honored their offer! Got to specify colors and took delivery last week. and yes, it is 36mo/36k miles, not 39! The car is simply amazing!
    Okay. Over 36 months, the $5000 down if not paid up front would have added $138.88 to your monthly payment which would have been about $807.88.
    The best I got so far is about $800 for 39 months, nothing down. I called a dealer and he said over $900 a month for 36 months, 36,000 miles, nothing down. When I was about to hang up he asked me how much I wanted to pay and I told him around $750. nothing down. He came back with $800 for 39 months, nothing down. I won't take it though. I think I can do better and if I can't, the Infiniti M can be had for less.
    The first two deals offered you are really over $900 per month with nothing down.
    Add 7% tax to the first deal with nothing down and your payment is really $1020.65 a month for 39 months :sick:
    Still waiting for the legendary Florida1 to post the breakdown of his deal for $695 a month, 36 months, 36,000 miles, nothing down.
  • well, let me tell u guy's something about what i went threw.. this is the second GS430 i purchase from this dealer(lexus of kendall).. anyways the msrp on the car was $58.995.00 i really got the the car for $58.000 with T>T>T...i think that was a good deal!!! plus key chain car cover and a lexus hat.... ">
    Wow! They really aren't coming off MSRP much at all. I e-mailed Lexus of Kendall for a quote on the GS430. They just ignored me. I bet if it were for the LS430, they would have sent a limo to pick me up. :mad:
    Your message is a tad confusing. Are you complaining about the deal you got or are you pleased? Sticker was 58.9 and you paid 58, INCLUDING tax, title and T? Or what?

Claify.
    Brother! I could get a nicely equipped LS430 for around $55k. What I would give up in handling I more than make up for in roominess and luxury. Have you seen the GS' trunk? What a joke!
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    To me the message is saying that stillhavealex is quite pleased, and that yes, the $58k included tax, title and a third T which I assumed he/she meant to be an L for license.
    Remember that prices paid can vary substantially depending on geographical location. And sometimes people inadvertently end up comparing Canadian price quotes to American ones, which obviously gets very confusing. (Not saying that's happening here, but who knows.)

In any case, if someone is happy about their deal I think the thing to do is congratulate them.

~~This message brought to you by Little Miss Mary Sunshine~~

:D :D :D

But I'm serious ...
    Pat: Yes, he sounds pleased about the deal he got but prefaces it by saying, "Let me tell you what I went through," which usually implies some ordeal or unpleasantness. So, that's why I asked him to clarify.
    Well, I guess you go through good things and you go through bad things and you go through "things" in general, but I hear you - let's see if he comes back to clarify for us.

:)