Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Scion tC

Comments

• toyotakentoyotaken Member Posts: 897
    Expect '07 models of the Tc to come out around July or August of 2006.

Ken
  • lil_kittenlil_kitten Member Posts: 3
    I If you do end up buying from Az. Steer clear of Right Toyota!!!!! I live in Scottsdale and just bought a Tc from there. Great car, I love it. Unfortunately, can't say the same about the service. Awful, Awful experience!!!! Good Luck, hopefully better than mine!! :)
  • lelandleland Member Posts: 2
    I just got an '06 tC, and I'm obsessed. I want to make some major modifications, but I had a whole bunch of particular questions. I'm a new member here, so I'm not sure what the accepted level of detail in questions is, but first off I wanted to add some major horsepower to the car, and I have been told by several people that a supercharger (I would assume the TRD one that is coming out) or a turbocharger (from an independent manufacturer, do any even exist?) is the way to go if I want a big jump in HP.

I also want the car to be LOUD, and the current variable-valve muffler doesnt nearly cut it. I used to have an old '98 eclipse that I put a 2.5" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow double-walled muffler, but it always sounded a little tinny and not quite as powerful as I wanted. I know its a small engine, but would putting straight-pipes (no muffler at all) on the car either improve the sound quality/volume or kill the horsepower by removing backpressure on the engine? Or maybe an unforseen benefit/drawback that I don't know about? I hope I put that simply enough.

I'm also brimming with questions about installing a body kit (and recommendations/opinions on which ones are alright), interior and undercarriage lighting and wiring that I already own and just need to install in some sort of custom switch panel that I would want to build (and the possibility of putting it on an independent power system somehow), installing an existing 2-amp/2-sub/capacitor stereo system that I already own, while keeping the stock head unit (which kicks [non-permissible content removed]), maximum rim size (I was looking at some 19" white motegis to put on the black car...will they fit or rub? what if I lower 1.2"?) tinting the windows, putting on lambo doors, and all sorts of other annoying questions.

Let me know if any of you want to get very in depth with this car for the next year or so. I've got enough cash to do this car right, and I want to do most, if not all, of the work myself, and I want to try and innovate in as many areas as possible.

Looking forward to your feedback and hoping somebody else is as pumped about tuning their tC as I am. ;)
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    this is a cool looking bodykit for the tC IMO. What'd'ya think?

http://groups.msn.com/HeresYourFriends/mynewscion.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=870

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• lelandleland Member Posts: 2
    Thats the standard ground effects kit that comes as an option to be installed when you buy your tC...I was looking to get either the Kaminari kit or the wider bodied grand touring kit (probably polyurethane). The standard is nice, but I want to be a bit closer to the ground haha. Anybody see anything really sweet out there?
  • mononeomononeo Member Posts: 89
    I WAS a Hyundai guy all the way... All of my family drives them or Hondas (and they are more reliable than Hondas, just to let you know). I used to get everyone looking for cars to get one. Then I discovered Hyundai/Kias corporate policies that are unfair to workers, as are Hondas. For example, Hyundai and Honda do not extend domestic partner benefits to gay workers' families.... SORRY! I am not going to spend $20000 on a car from a corporation that treats certain people as second class citizens. Upon looking into things, there were three main car companies that treat their workers the best.

FORD, GM, and TOYOTA are the best car companies in terms of how they treat their workers and customers. This is the conclusion I came to through my research.

So while I was going to buy either a 2006 Hyundai Sonata V6 or 2006 Honda Accord EX-V6, I found it immoral to support such immoral companies. There's nothing GM or Ford have right now, however, that interests me in the slightest, so I looked at Toyota's portfolio. SCION! After really laying my eyes on the tC and experiencing it, I have fallen in love. I am going to order one next week. 2006 Scion tC manual w/ airbags, iPod connectivity, and XM sattelite radio. I couldn't be more excited.

I can't see throwing $20,000 at a car company that denies workers basic rights. Honda and Hyundai can have their cars! Toyota is going to have my business for a long time.

MORAL OF THE STORY: You can't just make good cars. You have to be a good corporation, or nothing you do means anything to some people.

GO TOYOTA!
  • mononeomononeo Member Posts: 89
    Does anyone have the TYC LED lights for the tC yet? I have seen them online but not in person. What are they like? Does anyone have pictures?
  • tccowboy07702tccowboy07702 Member Posts: 12
    I want to upgrade my stereo but I don't even know where to start. I have an iPod that transmits wirelessly over the radio, so volume is cut down by about 25%. Therefore I want some pretty loud speakers, ones that are definitely louder than what's stock, and ones that are exceptionally clear.

Stopped by at Circuit City and they showed me some Infinity's that weren't too bad and were about $120. I'm looking for something in that range plus a good sub for the back. Sub = No more than $160, Speakers = No more than $180.

Anyone have ideas for me and what's worked on your tC?

tccowboy :mad: :confuse:
  • sean1sean1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the post!! I already knew that about Honda, but Hyundai wasn't on my radar.....I too want to buy a reliable, safe, good-bang-for-the-buck, decent handling car from a company I hope treats all with respect. Your post has been a big help to me!!!! Sean
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,507
    just did a round trip from Phila. to NY (the Mets game) today. Got about 31.25. For a change, hardly spent any time in traffic, so a large part was actually moving at speed!

Ran about 70-75 much of the way, with a fair bit of time at 75-78, so was not trying to eek out the best mileage.

Just out of curiosity, I took a quick run to 85. Pulled real well from 75-85, and felt nice and stable. You did hear the engine working pretty hard, since it was up close to 4K at that point.

IMO, 75 is about the highest comfortable cruising speed, and even that feels a bit busy. It really seems to like to settle in at 65-68, and feels like work to go faster.

I guess the same short gearing that lets it pull quick from 75-85 w/o a downshift is responsible for the rest of the symptoms. I really think they could drop top gear RPMs by 10%-20% and still have plenty of performance on the highway with this engine.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Before this topic picks up any more steam, let's remember that this topic's purpose is discussion of the tC's features, attributes, and owner experiences. Discussion of corporate policies would be more at home in the News & Views Forum.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• cbmoore61cbmoore61 Member Posts: 2
    I have the tC exhaust and I live in CA. I can tell you it is not loud it sounds really cool. I was scared at first, however, after spending the money it was well worth it. It gives it a little more pep too.
  • cbmoore61cbmoore61 Member Posts: 2
    This is a weird one and hopefully someone can answer it as even the dealers are stumped. When my tC is parked outside under the sun and I go home after work, I go on the freeway and drive about 75 - 80MPH (Flow of traffic) and my driver's side mirror (or at that area) will make a loud whistling noise. When the car has been on the freeway about 10 minutes it happens intermittenly. I looked at the seals and it is fine. I looked at the outside mirror and it is fine too. I am at a loss of what to do and hopefully someone may have the same prole. When it is cool (overcast or less than 80 degrees outside) it is completely fine and there is no whistling noise.

Please help

Cbmoore61
  • aeroluvraeroluvr Member Posts: 42
    Hi..just wondering what you car experts think of dual exhaust pipes? Do they do anything to add HP/sound difference, etc. The reason I ask is that even the "upgrade" exhaust on the tc only has a single pipe but I noticed both my 240SX AND BMW Z3 have dual pipes and I do kinda like the way they look but don't know much else about them.

I have been reading at a very large SCION OBSESSED message board/web site lately and have learned so much about Scion in general, especially the hundreds of way out there mods available and have really enjoyed looking at all of the incredible pics of what these guys (and gals) are doing to their cars. I had NO IDEA there were Scion "clubs" nationwide that meet up for rallies, etc. No WONDER the cars are selling faster than they can make them with that kind of "obsession" LOL.
  • toyotakentoyotaken Member Posts: 897
    Dual exhaust may make sense on a 6cyl vehicle as you need two headers coming down anyway. But talk to your local fireman about volume through a pipe. Two 2-inch pipes have almost 50% less volume able to pass through them than one 4-inch pipe. Plus you have much more weight. So if you're going for looks, the dual exhaust is fine, but if you're looking for performance, single is better.

Hope this helps.

Ken
  • arizonajoearizonajoe Member Posts: 123
    Guys - Does the tC have an integrated key (i.e. the key fob and the key are one)?
  • vchengvcheng Member Posts: 1,284
  • gtwgtw Member Posts: 46
    yes, comes with 2 of those and a valet key
  • cullenscullens Member Posts: 9
    I bought a 2005 tc (flint mica/auto trans) from McGeorge Scion in Richmond, VA in January. Pricing was exactly what the website promised, the salesman was super-informed, and delivery came in a couple weeks ahead of when promised because another car came free. I couldn't have been happier and the next six months only confirmed me in my initial impression that it was a great, fun, comfortable car.

Unfortunately, I got in a wreck last week. Thank you Toyota for the great safety features that left everyone shaken but unhurt. The car, though, was totaled. (This was in part because even though the repair costs were not huge, the 75% of fmv threshold before State Farm would total the car, was pretty easy to reach.)

I was so happy with my first Scion that I right away ordered a new one. The salesman at McGeorge was, again, great. I ordered it with the same specs as the first one, but got a 2006 and side airbags (once bitten...). The Richmond dealership was able to get this one from a Virginia Beach dealership, the car came a day later, and just yesterday I picked it up, only nine days after the accident that totaled the 2005. I made an appointment Friday afternoon to pick the car up yesterday at 10:30. The salesman was ready for me when I got there, had all the paperwork filled out and ready to go, and the car was washed and gassed up. After test-driving and signing, I drove out of the dealership at 11:20.

After driving a Taurus-ified Volvo rental for a week, I couldn't have been happier to get back behind the wheel of my tc. Plus, the 2006 radio is 100% better than the old one and I noticed the annoying radio cover now opens and shuts smoothly. I also really like the steering wheel mounted radio controls. I won't belabor this point, but the Volvo I rented sells for, literally, almost double what I paid for the tc. While the Volvo's seats were very comfortable, I honestly cannot tell why anyone would spend $15,000 to $18,000 for leather seats.

Anyway, to each his own. My experience, though, with Scion, my tc, and McGeorge Toyota-Scion in Richmond has been outstanding. I'd recommed all of the above to anyone.
  • rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=106827

Okay, now I can quit crabbing about Toyota killing my Celica.....
  • guitarguru44guitarguru44 Member Posts: 1
    BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING FROM KRAZY KUSTOMZ ONLINE. I purchased this 8 piece body kit for my 2005 Scion tC. It is supposed to replace the front and back bumbers, side skirts, and fender flares to give the car a different look. There are several problems that I have encountered. The two side skirt were damaged. They both have the ends knocked off and have cracks, black markings, and chips. There was only one end in the box. The company tried to tell me that it was damaged during shipping but there was only one end in the box which I had mistaken for a part. When I went to have an autorepair man install this body kit he told me that the parts were poor quality. He noticed damage done on the body kit. There were cracks and rough spots. He said that he could have fixed it and went on to try to install it. The front and back bumbers do not fit. There are large gaps in between the body of the car and the bumbers. I contacted the company and they were unwilling to refund any of my money. They said I signed for the package and that it was my property. The complaint is for a variety of things. The parts arrived damaged. The parts are of poor quality. The parts don't fit. The company would not refund my money or offer any compensation. They tried pinning it on the shipping company. Their customer service was not good when asking for a refund but they were very compliant with any claims that I wanted to file against them. I tlaked with Craig Flango and the company would not refund my money. So be careful buying from http://www.krazykustomzonline.com/ That's Krazy Kustomz Online, KraZy KustomZ Sound & Security, RD 7 Box 937, Altoona, PA UNITED STATES, 16601, (814)943-5290 They only had thre body kits left when I bought from there so they obviously sent me a damaged one to get rid of it altough they continue to deny this. But they were unwilling to offer a refund. There were black markings on the side skirts and there is nothing in the box that could have done this. There was also the broken off end to only one of the side skirts. They say the box broke in shipping and they repacked it. And another note, I'm not sure if all Kreative Import Technology body kits fit this bad but you really have to do a lot of work yourself. It's almost as if the boddy kit is unfinished. It's cracked and rough. If you wanna see pictures of the side skirts then go to http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/botlman/. Thanks for listening and not buying from this terrible company. I don''t understand why a company who swears that this never happened in three years wouldn't make a refund. It's not as if I didn't like the way it looked or the syle. It didn't fit and was broken. If you have three years of good business then when one order goes wrong you should refund it. Oh well... it's too bad that some people are so greedy and inconsiderate but what goes around comes around.
  • 719b719b Member Posts: 216
    this is the main reason you pay for unseen merchandise with a credit card. you can contest the bill.
    if you pay by credit card and your mechanic will put into writing that the parts didn't fit, were broken, and smeared with black markings, you will not be held liable for the charge on your card. a picture of the broken parts wouldn't hurt either.
  • goosegoose Member Posts: 77
    I was going to purchase a 05 tC but decided to wait when I heard the 06 tC would get a new stereo set up. Then I heard about the 06 Civic. My tC purchase was on hold again until the 06 Civic was released. Well the specs on the new Civic are out and the Si sounds impressive. However, gas mileage is 31 MPG on the highway. Hello, I thought small engines meant good gas mileage. Yes, its designed for performance but unless you enjoy hanging out at 6000 plus RPM your stuck with a low mileage, sport like coupe.
    Having said that, I compared the 06 tC (28 MPG) to a 05 Civic EX coupe (35 MPG). Guess what? The tC, after 15000 miles and one years insurance, was $100.00-$120.00 cheaper. I have a perfect driving record and my insurance is USAA. They have low rates for active duty and ex active duty personnel. Anyway, the $100.00-$120.00 is no real difference but I imagine the 06 Civic Coupe will be $200.00-225.00 higher cost since insurance will be higher.
    A comparison with the 05 EX sedan (lower insurance) showed it equal to the 06 tC. The 06 EX sedan will have a $100.00-$120.00 disadvantage due to an insurance increase. Also, the 06 Civic EX sedan does not have a sub woofer option and comes with 16 in alloys. I don't like Joe's stereo and tire shop touching my new auto.
    It is my option that the new Civic, although a significant improvement, is not a good value. The tC is a better vehicle. Folks, the tC hasn't even gone through a redesign and its better. Same wheel base as the Sedan yet its hip like a coupe. Another observation is the tC is all Japanese. Yes, it has some initial design glitches but overall it is a trust worthy auto. The Civic is a world car (parts from various countries) and needs its first year of design glitch fixes. I still have to take a Civic for a test drive but the tC appears to be my next vehicle.
    By the way, isn't a 2.4 engine more powerful than a 1.8 when both have been equally modified? ;)
  • coasterguycoasterguy Member Posts: 25
    TRUST ME ON THIS. Hondas are by far better quality than Scion. Go the problems and solutions board and read it all.. I wish I had first, I just traded in my TC after only owning it for 2 payments. I am upside down in my new honda now but, I am so much happier, The TC looks great, the bazooka sub for $450.00 is not a value and the dealership is no better than installing than any certified audio shop. I would think twice on your decision. <My TC was loaded with rattles, hums, and crazy sounds, the dealership treated me like I was the problem. now in the forums I see I am not alone.. good luck my friend. I am back with honda now, and the new civic has the hottest dash lights I have seen to date.. good luck again.
    What year tC did you have? I agree that the dash is going in a bold direction. Some of the initial "first impression" test drives have mixed reviews on the dash. I'll wait until the test drive before making a call on the dash. About the stereo, not sure how anyone will upgrade the stereo on the 06 Civics. The new dash system doesn't appear to be modifier friendly. Oh, and the Si has a 2.0 liter not a 1.8 liter my mistake.
  • teasheateashea Member Posts: 18
    As soon as I purchased my new tC, I had the exhaust system modified. I took it to a shop, Exhaust Pros, that has done several cars for me. After some experimentation, we decided on the plan - they simply removed the muffler and put in pipe and a new Magnaflow exhaust tip. So my car has only the resonator and no muffler. It sounds very good - no raspiness or drone.

TEAShea
    from Nebraska
  • vokurovokuro Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2006 tc, and it's been amazing so far. I live in Santa Cruz though (which has high vandalism/theft rates), and the car will be parked (with a cover) in the same spot and not moved for days at a time. I'm afraid that this will make it a target. Have any of you had problems or heard or any with the tc being specifically targeted for theft? Also, can any of you recommend a good anti-theft system? I was thinking of getting a Ravelco Immobilizer and combining it with a Viper Alarm system... any thoughts?
  • azkevinazkevin Member Posts: 2
    We just purchased two Scions....an xB and tC. Love 'em both. I'm asking if anyone has had experience with tC accessories: TRD assembly clutch and TRD quick shifter. I'm curious about them, but unsure if it's worth the price. I know according to scion.com neither is covered under the scion warranty; instead toyota racing development carries that warranty. Anyone's experience or input is greatly appreciated.
  • yomommayomomma Member Posts: 1
    hey.. i was wondering if anyone knew if there is a way to change ur turning signals on the rear view mirrors. i wanted to change the bulb out to a white one, and i wasn't sure if that was even possible.. can anyone answer me that?
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    is it me or does anyone else wish toyota would issue a top of the line tC... One with standard leather seats, without that annoying radio cover :mad: or one that works and hidden behind it would be a navigation and audio system togather. :shades:. Even if that were to be an option, wouldn't it be nice :blush: ? Honda is doing it for the top of the line 06 civic ex's. Toyota should trythis. It would give honda a run for their $$$$!! This tC is already fabulous!!1
  • zhangtao9703zhangtao9703 Member Posts: 18
    Hi,

Is it true there is no buzzer working with the security on Scion tC?

I have security installed, but I don't hear any sound when I lock or unlock my tC.

Thanks.
  • jsnschmasnjsnschmasn Member Posts: 10
    Although not a Scion or Dealer installed accessory. There is a unit made by Eclipse that completes those requests while residing under the cover. It will also play dvds. I've seen one installed and it's really neat.
  • tonylexustonylexus Member Posts: 94
    As a disgruntled tC (former) owner you may not be alone, but I think I can assure you that you are among a small minority. (I too am allowed to generalize)

Owned a Honda once and I cannot disagree that they are excellent cars. I commend you on your gumption to ditch a car you weren't happy with.

I've had my tC for 1 year and 17.5k miles and have absolutely no complaints. In fact, the car has exceeded my expectations in every way. I have found many of the "problems" asserted here to be of a personal preference nature rather than major issues with quality, engineering, etc. I do not deny that some vehicles have their legitimate problems and, of course, dealers are dealers, but, yes, you will find a degree of this with every make of car - even Honda. My experience has demonstrated that the "problems" with the tC are not of an extraordinary degree.

I shopped the Civic, but unless you're talking SI, I found the tC to be much more satisfying in performance, style and "feel". I do like what they've done to the new models but have no reason to take a closer look while still happy with the tC.

It is a shame your experience with the tC was a bad one. Best of luck with the Civic - By the way, did you read the 200+ pages of Civic "Problems and Solutions" before buying?
  • gee35coupegee35coupe Member Posts: 3,387
    " 200+ pages of Civic "Problems and Solutions"

Since that forum is not pruduction year specific that's not bad for a car that sells the volume of the Civic. There are a few million of them on the road by now.
    Last night I decided to buy a 06 Civic Coupe EX. In this very forum I was sure the Civic was not a good buy. Well, once I took it on a test drive and factored in the new look (inside/outside), safety features and the MPG (30-40 MPG) I was sold. The choice was between the tC, Matrix, RSX and Civic. Everyone of theses cars has pluses and minus. It came down to my personal choice and previous experience with Honda.
  • atticdogatticdog Member Posts: 9
    I also got the tire rime warrenty and i did it a pothole and scraped the rim
    they wouldnt replace it because the tire needs to be not holding air for anything to be replaced under this warrenty
  • 719b719b Member Posts: 216
    that sure sounds strange. the warranty is for any damage on the rim. damage the rim bad enough and no tire will hold air while on the damaged rim.
    seems like you didn't read the fine print.
    i wonder if you have any recourse?
  • prosaprosa Member Posts: 280
    I saw the aftermath of a crash involving a tC this evening, driving past it just as the first cops were arriving on the scene and then on my way back about 15 minutes later. No injuries, as far as I could tell. Another vehicle had hit the tC squarely on the right side and pushed it onto the sidewalk. Slow traffic past the scene gave me a pretty decent look at the damage. There was a moderate amount of intrusion into the tC's passenger compartment, which however remained essentially intact. Had there been a front seat passenger, he or she probably would have sustained some injuries but nothing too severe, thanks to the vehicle's rigid structure and side-impact air bags - in fact maybe there was a passenger, and he or she was very lucky.

What is interesting is the damage to the striking vehicle. It was a late-1990's Nissan compact pickup, a 4x4 model with what seemed to be some suspension lift and a brush guard across the front. I first drove toward the scene from the rear of the Nissan, and initially was able to see the damage to the tC but not the Nissan. I figured that the Nissan would have relatively little damage, especially once I saw the edge of the brush guard. Imagine my surprise to see that the front end of the Nissan pickup was demolished! In fact, while both vehicles were obvious write-offs I'd have to say that the tC came off better than the Nissan pickup. The only downside, alas, is that given the location of the collision it was pretty obvious that the tC driver was at fault.
    Your point is well taken. I hope mine is as well.

If you were to examine the 'problems' cited here I think you will find that we are talking about (in relative terms) a handful of people with just a few legitimate problems. (i.e., I do not consider someone's dissatisfaction with the third brake light not being wide enough a "problem")

I, for example have heard a 'roof pop' maybe 3 times in a year - no concern, I have no problem with the radio cover, and only one other intermittent rattle in the hatch area that isn't there enough to be of concern. My mileage is better than I expected and no mysterious seat stains are evident. I prefer knobs to buttons on the radio, but have adapted, the operation and sound of the stereo system is flawless. My dealer has been great from sale to service.

The biggest gripe seems to be creaks & rattles. Admittedly, they can drive you nuts if bad enough but, frankly, if that is the worse you can say about a vehicle with an inovative glass roof that is such a great value in all other respects, it aint all that bad - especially as in my case, where it isn't a problem at all.

As great as the Civic is, you would not have a problem finding a certain percentage of people that have plenty of legitimate complaints and problems (I know BMW drivers that have far more substantial problems than I with my tC). Unfortunately, the percentages mean nothing if you are the one with the problems.

All things considered, for the type of car it is, for the features it has, for the difference in 'feel' and style, and an arguably equal corporate history of quality and reliability, I'll take the tC any day.
    To each his own.
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    Tony, I'd be interested in hearing, as a Tc owner, your impressions of the Civic Coupe, and if you have any interest in driving one to see how they compare.
    one nice thing about the tC is that it has very convenient levers to slide the front seats up and back. The driver's also has memory. From what I saw of the Honda coupe, it didn't have this.

Something to consider if you ever plan to use the back seat.

• axiomowneraxiomowner Member Posts: 76
    I've owned my tc for a little over a year and am very happy with it. I would buy it again. Having said that, I think Honda has done a great job on the '06 civic. I think anyone would be as happy with either of them. Out of curiosity, I do intend to get a close look at the civic when the car show comes to town.
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    Thanks for your impressions. I'm in no big hurry but I was starting to look around at a higher mileage but sporty type of car that's fun to drive. This would primarily be used for commuting and errands around town. My daughter is also a little over a year away from being able to drive on her own, and I told her if her grades are at least an A- I would buy a third car she could have primary use of. Otherwise it's an older one - or nothing, depending on her grades. Anyway the Tc and now the Civic Coupe caught my eye as good possibilities. Both have nice styling and even more importantly are about as safe as you could expect for the size (Civic's ratings are not out yet, but I would expect them to be good too). Both appear plenty peppy but are not too high performance where a very young driver wouldn't know how to handle the power. They are pretty closely matched overall, I think.

Not too steal the Tc thunder here, but I did add a Tc vs. Civic Coupe thread in the Comparison area, but it hasn't received too much action.
    I try to stay on top of the market so yes, I will be checking out the new civic.

There are some really nice touches in the tC that really didn't have to be there considering the class & price of the car. i.e., memory seat, tire pressure monitor, dual height adjustments on seat, 2 one-touch up & down windows, & yeah, even the radio cover (which isn't all that functional but I like it for the way it changes the look of the dash).

When you look at other cars in this class & price range there can be found some real obvious "short cuts" taken to remind you of why the price is so low. I don't feel that way where anything is concerned in the tC.

I'm expecting a lot from the new Civic, hope it delivers.
  • c2rosac2rosa Member Posts: 76
    Toyota said it will notify 72,000 owners of Scion tC sport coupes that the wind deflector on the sunroof of the vehicle may shatter if hit by road debris at highway speeds. This service action includes vehicles manufactured in the 2005-6 model years.
    nice of them to let us know, but what do they plan to do about it? Issue hardhats?

• rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    I'm trying to remember the last time I had a problem with road debris flying over the TOP of my car.......
    Great question! I'm one of the complaints filed with the Nat. Safety Board.

The deflector needs to be made of a composite material - not glass. I will certainly be watching for the fix.

As for "debris flying over the top of the car", I'm not certain that anything actually hit the deflector when it broke. Besides, it isn't at all far-fetched to consider debris striking anywhere on the car.

Does anyone at Scion read this stuff?
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Great! Just when I'm considering buying a Tc - guess I'll but on the back-burner for a while. Don't really like sunroofs anyway - so don't need this "aggro".

Stickguy- nice comment re: hardhats.... :)
This discussion has been closed.