Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scion tC

1616263646567»

Comments

• Thul17Thul17 Posts: 25

Got my window tint! $165.00s later, 35% all around except for windshield. We'll see if I run into some more "Coppie" trouble? lol Wisconsin has a law about tint can only go 50% on the driver & passenger windows. As you can tell, you STILL see inside.
  • Does anyone know what size speakers are factory in a 2008 scion tc without me having to pull the panels to tell? these speakers are the main part of my audio upgrades remaining to purchase and assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,700
    your tint job looks fantastic. Congratulations!

I have it OEM on my '08 Lancer GTS and it comes in handy in this desert I live in shielding that bright sun out!

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

Have you thought about looking through Best Buy.com or Crutchfield.com?

Anyway, Fronts are either 5 1/4s or 6 1/2s? Same sizes for rear seat too. That's whats Crutchfield stated.
    Woke up to this on Sunday! LOL I'm still going to drive on them until Mid-Late April; just in case!

Twenty bucks for the correct guess on the pictures below? "What is it?" :P
    air filter or inside cabin air allergy-filtration filter. I'll say it's your engine air filter.

Very good; the air filter. Thats from my cold air intake. As you can tell, it was in serious need to be cleaned and re-oiled. That filter is a lifetime filter and doesn't need to be changed at every oil change. When cleaning them, you use powerful cleaning chemical that is specially made by filter companies. Then you wash it with water and let it sit for least 12 hours. Next step is the special oil then place on intake.

Last time, I've done that was at 60k. That filter WAS bright red when I first ever installed the intake. Its about the size of medium Nerf football.

Yes! It's a pain in the butt to take it out of the car.

---------------------------

I guess its gonna be official about Toyota killing the tC @ NY Auto Show.

What is it you may ask? Its currently called Toyota iQ in Europe & Asia. Will be imported in the US with Scion badge. They claim this little 1.5 litre engine (Same engine as the Echo, Scion xA, and Yaris) will get 56 MPG. Rumor as it, Toyota wants to sell this car for at most $11k. It's three seater, actually 3 1/2 seater (small spot for a baby seat.)

Its good to know people in the Scion World also works for Toyota...

Since my front of the house isn't that big and I'm stuck sharing "Street Parking" with neigbors. I may look into buying one while owning the tC... I'm just want to make a request to Toyota "ORANGE!!!!!"
    kind of like the white iQ, from those pics. I sure enjoyed my test drive of the Polar White 2006 Scion xA, and the 2005 Scion tC RS 1.0, that tC was dressed in Absolutely Red. It was a ball to drive. I was in love with the Scion tC for many months, then started to like the xA better. Ended up keeping my '01 Kia Sportage 4X4 and trading in a year after those Scion test drives for my present car, my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS.

Ahh, aren't cars wonderful? :P

LMAO!!!! I just met some a Scion owner who stripped out her heavily customized tC. Just so she can get new EVO. I bought her carbon fiber gauge pod & side wind spilters for $450.00. Now I have to buy gauges, C.F. hood, C.F. front wind spilter, and possibly new Toyota ground effects side skirts. That's about 1,800s. LOL
    These are the wind spiltters: They aren't heavy but they are least 6'3 feet long. I kept accidently hitting them around the house. LOL

The gauge pod:

I even waxed everything before repacking them into the boxes...
  • aladdinsanealaddinsane Posts: 182
    Howdy all...
    There's been NO activity in this post room at all for quite a while. What's up with that? :confuse:
    My question concerns the 2010 model tC:
    According to the September '09 issue of Motor Trend magazine the new model year tC will now feature stability/electronic stability control. This is great, speaking for myself. I always wondered why Toyota never gave this model stability/esc in the first place. Anyway, I seek confirmation of this from anyone in the know: Is what MT states about these additions for the '10 tC true, or just another mis-step by MT?
    According to Scion reps such an addition to the tC isn't in the cards, but then again I may have connected with a rep who knows less about such things than some of you out there. Know what I mean?
    Please inform. I'd really appreciate it. I'd like to purchase a tC...it seems to be a simple, yet value packed machine...stability and esc would make it all the more attractive for yours truly! :)
    Looking forward...
    Peace!<-AladdinSane<- :shades: -
  • canruncanrun Posts: 1
    Greetings!
    This will be my first time to sell a used car, so hopefully I can get some good advice. My wife has a white, 2008 Scion Tc with 3,500 city miles. Like new condition. We bought it in April of last year. My work is going to send us abroad for the next five years, so I need to look into selling it. I've looked at the KBB and Edmunds values and they tell me between $14,000-$16,500 are ballpark figures.

Since I will be selling my car on my own (and first time doing this) I'm hoping that someone can:
    A. Help me out with what they feel would be a reasonable price for the vehicle
    and
    B. Give me any advice or tips they feel would be important for a first-time seller.

Any insight is most appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance.
  • sejrsejr Posts: 2
    Yeah I know how you feel, a rock just hit my window the other day while I was driving, and I curb checked the rims on my new scion... it sucks. If anyone has any rims they are selling let me know at Cyber Scion
  • sejrsejr Posts: 2
    Hey I saw your post and I figured I could help you out,
    I am the Scion Manager at Eastern Shore Toyota and with that mileage, that sounds about right...I'm not sure if you will get the maximum KBB value though (As I am sure you already know...), I'm not saying you won't for sure, it's just not always that easy in a short time (Even though 14 for an 08 tC with only 3500 miles on it would be a steal for someone). I wanted to give you a site that you could find more info and post your car for free, maybe it will help you sell it, we have had success with it in the past. Cyber Scion
  • wronskywronsky Posts: 3
    I just took delivery of my 2010 tC. Love it, except for the luggage cover, which looks flimsy, is awkward to open and "flops" between the anchors on the passenger side, leaving an unsightly gap. I had a 2006 Tiburon, whose cover raised and lowered with the hatch door. When I needed to carry something bulky, it was easy to remove and later to reinstall. Does anyone know of an after-market accessory that can hide the clutter?
  • Can anyone tell me if there is room to negotiate on the nationally advertised lease. Right now it says $906 down, $265/mth, 36 mths, 15K per year. I know there is ALWAYS room to negotiate on cars, but this is my first dealings with a Scion and I am doing the research for my niece. Can I expect to go into dealership and negotiate a better deal? Any help would be appreciated. P.S. I am on Long Island, NY. Thanks
    edited July 2010
    was your Hyundai Tiburon a manual transmission? Or an automatic? Hyundai is having a terrible time with the clutches prematurely burning out in their 2003+ Tibby's. I do like the Tiburon's bodystyle, yes, but I like the Scion tC's just as much.

• jackq1jackq1 Posts: 1
    canrun, Where are you located. I may be interested in your car.
This discussion has been closed.