Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Maxima: Stolen Headlights!!

1235»

Comments

• maximacrapmaximacrap Member Posts: 5
    The Maxima 2002 fix is get the nose,brackets,grill,foglights,head lights,wire harnesses from the 2001 and put it on your 2002.The 2001 headlights from the AE version look the best(also get the clips)Nobody bothers with the 2001!Costed me like $2K the first time now nobody cares about my car.
    And a big screw you goes out to the worthless trash that are so poor they have to STEAL from people.HID kits are available for $200 on ebay,you poor sorry [non-permissible content removed] excuses for people(you know who you are NJ,NYC slum people with your HONDAS with the wings and loud muffler cars.LOOSERS!!!!!!!!
    My maxima is STILL 10 times better than your POS.
  • klarkmanklarkman Member Posts: 3
    It's still REAL bad here in South Florida. Here's the results of a Google news search on Maxima Headlights:

POLICE REPORT
    Miami Herald, FL - Jul 23, 2006
    ... Headlights valued at $2,500 were stolen from a 2002 Nissan Maxima at an apartment in the 1900 block of Northwest 207th Street between 1 and 6 am July 6. ...

Miami Herald, FL - Jul 6, 2006
    ... A thief stole both headlights from a 2003 Nissan Maxima parked in the 800 block of East 39th Place between 11 pm June 21 and 6 am June 22. ...

Miami Herald, FL - Jul 2, 2006
    ... Nissans targeted: Someone stole both headlights from Lynette Dunn's 2002 Nissan Maxima while it was parked in the 8300 block of Missionwood Circle between 1:45 ...

Miami Herald, FL - Jun 25, 2006
    ... Headlights stolen: A thief stole both headlights from a woman's 2003 Nissan Maxima at Chesterbrook Academy, 1250 SW 160th Ave., between 7:30 am and 5:30 pm ...

Miami Herald, FL - Jun 22, 2006
    Two headlights and electrical wires valued at $1,600 were found missing from a 2003 Nissan Maxima in the 11700 block of Southwest 93rd Terrace. ...
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Well, as of 7/24/06 at approximately 6:15 p.m.,
    my 2002 Maxima appears to have been totaled
    due to a young college kid running right
    through a stop sign. I'm still stunned as I
    write this. I haven't been able to sleep
    because I keep running through my head how
    the accident happened and if I could have done
    something more to prevent it. Both airbags
    deployed, the front end looks pretty bad and
    the windshield is all cracked. I'm not sure
    how I ended up with four bleeding fingers on
    the right hand and the left hand is swollen
    in the knuckle area and I have a small
    egg-sized welt on the forearm near the elbow.

I'm pretty sore all over with some contusions
    on my stomach and my left upper thigh, but
    other than that, I'm fine. Sick about the
    Max though. I guess I won't be worrying about
    the possibility of my xenon's getting stolen
    anymore.
  • ohwow203ohwow203 Member Posts: 3
    lol..sorry to laugh at your misfortunes, but if u all would've just brought it to the dealers and asked them for the renforcement brackets, they would give them to you, but if u dont ask they wont put it in, cuz how do u think they're making money, people who get their lights stolen, go back to the dealer and replace them, but when the replace your hood and lights, the dont give u a reenforcment bracket, so your lights can get stolen again, and u can again, bring it back to them and have them fix it. and for those people that think they're ok with the 04-06 model....better not be to sure of that..the only reason thieves havent gotten to the 04-06 models, is because the computer box that runs those HID's arent placed with the head lights them self, like the 01-03 models, that's why 01-03 are so easy to steal, if i were u all, i would just trade in my car. lol. honestly, because replacing those lights everytime they get stolen, is aaaalot of money. about 3 grand the most, replace the head lights, and the hood. heads lights are about 400 - 500 brand new, and hood is about another 3 to 400, plus the labor...but hey, thats what u have insurence for.........take my advice, go get yourself a new car, all the new lexus and bmw's, have reenforced headlights, and the computer is rewired to sit far away from the head light where they cant get to it...just put it this way, if u have a car 03 and under, with HID's (Xenon headlights), ur in for a big suprise when u wake up..nissan, acuras, honda, domestice or imported. doesnt matter if there's a will there's a way. and these street racing kids now days will steal anything to make their car's look nice......
    lol, word to the wise, take my advice, they know which ones to take. and ur chrystler looks like a lexus, so those dumb kids probably didnt even know what they were doing. i work for an autobody garadge, and let me tell you the only cars that i havent seen come in with stolen HID's are mercadese benz, that's because their computer is mounted to the fire wall. but i've seen saab's, hondas, nissans, navigators, etc, had to fix them all, and its not cheap either. hears and idea, make your own reenforcment brackets, with aluminum metal and a couple of bolts, and some caulking, all these things u can find at home depot.
    hey smart guy...lol...do u honestly think theives are that stupid? you do kno who these theives are right..majority of these theives are your local mechanics, at your local lexus or honda or nissan deals, where do u think these kids get these ideas, i mean if their smart enough to figure out a way to take your headlights right from under you. and getting away with it every 9 out of 10 times, what makes u think they wont know anything about your car..and just to remind u, they do know that your car has HID's you have clear tazor tail light with the silver ring instead of full black housing with the red and white circle....the way to find HID is to look for the silver RING in the tail light....smart guy, think again, u just down graded your car for nothing........that was worthless and a waste of time.......
  • tristan1tristan1 Member Posts: 39
    I do have brackets on the pacifica that's why they could not take my headlights. They try to pull/yank everything they could but end up ripping my bumper, cracked the lens and scratched my fender. The mechanic said it would have less damage if it was'nt for the bracket. I got the mercury switch under the hood and siren mounted deep inside. So, once they popped the hood alarm goes off.
  • kennyg8kennyg8 Member Posts: 225
    Looks like the theft problem has been moved from the tri-state area (NY, NJ and CT) to Florida and elsewhere. Since Nissan put in the reinforcement brackets and datadots in 2005, HID thefts have subsided significantly, at least in the tri-state.
    Based on statistics and history, it appears that these [non-permissible content removed] thieves have learned to tell the difference between a "fixed" car and a "naked" car, and tried to avoid wasting their time on fixed cars.

Having said that, however, if Nissan wants to avoid being sued (again), it better offer the reinforcement and datadot fix nationwide. The cost to Nissan is probably around $50 per car, not including labor charges. It is well worth the nominal costs to Nissan vis-a-vis the expensive legal bills in defending lawsuits.
  • haro4meharo4me Member Posts: 1
    are those thefts still crazy for the Maxima xenon headlight recently in NYC? My friend told me that xenon headlight is getting cheaper now. Around $200-300. Is it true?
    I GOT THE DATA DOT INSTALLED ON MY RX AND THEY STILL TRIED TO GET MY LIGHTS SO I AM TRYING TO GET RID OF MY CAR ASAP. MY BUMPER WAS ON THE GROUND WHEN I CAME OUTSIDE THE SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE IN THE MORNING. SO THIS DATA DOT IS A WASTE OF TIME.

Social security office is where the low lifes are ,that was your mistake.Who would take a lexus there?DONT DO IT.
    hey smart guy...lol...do u honestly think theives are that stupid? you do kno who these theives are right..majority of these theives are your local mechanics, at your local lexus or honda or nissan deals, where do u think these kids get these ideas, i mean if their smart enough to figure out a way to take your headlights right from under you. and getting away with it every 9 out of 10 times, what makes u think they wont know anything about your car..and just to remind u, they do know that your car has HID's you have clear tazor tail light with the silver ring instead of full black housing with the red and white circle....the way to find HID is to look for the silver RING in the tail light....smart guy, think again, u just down graded your car for nothing........that was worthless and a waste of time.......

Waste of time my aZZ,they look at the headlight!
    4 years and noboduy has touched it.
    That is the fix.
    I also fix the car myself ,dealer was told off after they looked at my stereo doing a seatbelt change that had NOTHING to do with the trunk they looked in.
  • saxon2nsxsaxon2nsx Member Posts: 19
    Ok guys it is June of 2009 and I am considering a 2003 Maxima with the "special" thief prone head lights. Any nw news on the market are they still hot? BTW i reside in NYC...... :cry:
  • capbwpcapbwp Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    my 2003 nissan headlights were stolen in my driveway!!! we live in a nice neighborhood - thinking that I was followed home...scary. My neighbor happened to be out at 3:30am and saw them, called the police, but they were unable to catch them.
    I am in Charleston, SC area.
This discussion has been closed.