Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Ford Escape Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ja812ja812 Member Posts: 33
    Just bought my wife a new Escape yesterday. It listed for $30975 and I was out the door for 27000.Now I hope it doesn't become my problem too.

Joe
  • ngzcaz1ngzcaz1 Member Posts: 1
    When did they come out with the 6 speed auto trans ? I'm thinking of purchasing one and the only thing negative are the seat odor ( from materials ) and firmness of the padding. Mechanically I cant find too many negatives from people that own them in my area.. Maybe yours is not the norm ?
  • jsadka1jsadka1 Member Posts: 9
    Don't have a clue if I got a good deal. Traded in an 06 Fusion with 36,000 miles on 09 Mariner 4WD with lots of extras. Sticker price 30,885. Traded for 17,500. Mariner has side boards, heated package, moon/tune elite pkg, rear cargo pkg, trailer towing (don't need), dual auto temp, the bluetooth thing, and reverse sensing system. I took the 2500 rebate over the free financing because the interest on the amount I had to borrow will be less than the 2500. I do wish I had kept my fusion just because it was paid for and had an extended warranty. I think I would have been better off in the long run but maybe this year I won't get stuck in the snow!
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,204
    if you had an extended warranty, make sure you get reimbursed for the unused miles.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • matthattan1587matthattan1587 Member Posts: 53
    Hey guys I just purchased a new Ford Escape XLT I4 2.5. I had a real hard time locating the car I wanted to buy (Black Exterior w/ Black Leather, Sync and Sun Package, I4. 2.5 4WD, cargo pkg) My dealer was able to locate a Black XLT with cloth seats and is installing black leather seats this week.

I was a little hesitant at first, but I think everything is going to work out alright. I think I got a great deal on the car. Total after taxes came to $23500 with the sticker being 27,240.

Thoughts?

I will be picking up the car on Wednesday with the installed leather seats.
  • kyrebakyreba Member Posts: 7
    I've never ordered a car direct from the factory before. But I'm thinking of ordering one of the new 2010's. A local dealer told me they can start to order in July.

Anyone know how long it takes from when the order is placed until the car comes in?

Also in negoiating price, is an offer of $200 over invoice too little? too much?

I'm hoping there is someone out here with past experiences that can help. Thanks!
  • matthattan1587matthattan1587 Member Posts: 53
    I was considering ordering a 2010, but they found me the 09 I wanted. They start production of the 2010 on August 2nd and it takes a minimum of 90 days to get your car, so you will be waiting a long time.

If you want your Escape relatively soon try and find an 09 model. Right now the incentives are crazy on this vehicle and they may not be as generous on the new 2010 models. I got $5,500 off the msrp of my vehicle, almost a grand UNDER invoice.

I heard the new xlt I4 2.5 model with leather, sync and sun which is what I wanted, will start around 28,500 for the 2010 model year, a little more expensive than the 09 model year.
  • pondviewpondview Member Posts: 22
    I've noticed a $500 regional V6 discount on the Escapes which is subtracted from MSRP on the window sticker. Is this also to be subtracted from invoice price here at Edmunds to get the true dealer cost?
    Also, do dealers have advertising costs that they add on to the invoice price?....I'm just trying to find out the real dealer cost on the escape I'm planning on buying.
  • pats1pats1 Member Posts: 36
    I believe the six-speed is new for '09. We have 10K miles on our V-6 Limited, and the only complaint is an intermittent hesitation when accelerating from a stop. Some forums have mentioned this, but Ford does not have a fix.
  • pats1pats1 Member Posts: 36
    Somewhat old news because we bought ours in Feb. V-6 limited with every option but Nav. MSRP $30820, out the door for $26215 after rebates and coupons. Times may be tougher now, so they may be giving better deals?
  • maryh3maryh3 Member Posts: 263
    Good deal or not?

Walked into dealership right after it closed. A salesman leaving offered a 2009 Tribute touring. 2.5L AWD. Sticker 25500. Said he would sell for 23,800 then would take another $3000 off for rebate. Puts it at 20,800. Is this a great deal or just average? Own a Ford -- would an Escape get me a better deal?

How is this vehicle in the snow? Would I be better looking for the 3.0 L for snow driving?

Would receive C4C rebate money on this vehicle for $3500.
  • neweconomyneweconomy Member Posts: 1
    Chicago - went to a dealer (Golf Mill Ford) yesterday and they refused to negotiate from MSRP on an Escape, needless to say I laughed and walked out. What a joke - avoid this dealer. ANyway, I am looking for an 09 black or black pearl XLT, cloth, 6cyl FWD or 4cyl 4wd (to take advantage of cash for clunkers), sun&sync or moon&tune...those are my only requirements. I was thinking invoice or a little less plus the $2500 Ford is offering, plus the $750 coupon Ford sent me, plus $4500 for cash for clunker.

MSRP: $28,220 (6cyl, fwd, sun&synce, audiophile, leather, cargo)
    Invoice: $25,924 (does this include the $336 sun&synce disc and $500 v-6 disc?)
    Rebate: $2500, $4500, $750
    Total plus ttl: $18,200

Deal?
  • nowitallnowitall Member Posts: 2
    Last February I bought an '09 iTouring Tribute from Performance Mazda in Houston. Love the truck, but the dealership went belly-up.

Don't think I'll buy another Tribute because Mazda is changing the appearance to make 'em look more Japanese than does the current truck. Back to Ford next time.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    If you own a 2006 – 2010 Ford Escape or Escape Hybrid and live in the Los Angeles area, please contact [email protected] by August 12 if you’re interested in being contacted for more information on your vehicle ownership experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• zd500zd500 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone heard of it?

edmunds.com mentioned it but I can't find it on Ford's website.

Owner Loyalty customer cash is available to current owners of a 1984 or newer Ford, Lincoln or Mercury vehicle that is eligible under the "Cash for Clunkers" program. See your local dealer for details.

Thanks.
  • haber1000haber1000 Member Posts: 1
    Here is my deal signed and delivered 7/31/2009 at Tousley Ford

2009 Limited w/moon & tune & limited luxury package

msrp 30,380.00
    Moon & tune disc - 395.00
    price before negotiation 29,985.00
    price after negotiations 28200.00
    minus factory rebates - 2500.00
    minus c4c(95 dakota) - 4500.00
    minus $750 discount - 750.00
    before tax & title $20,450.00
    out the door total $22,296.22
  • normkolnormkol Member Posts: 135
    Boy, is this forum quiet!

I just picked up a new Mariner Premier. 202A package and V-6.

The 202A has moon & tune, automatic temp control, cargo package, and reverse sensing.

List 30,010, I trade in my '02 Tribute. After the 2,000 cash back from Ford, I paid 23,000.

Quite a difference from the 02. The new v6 is more powerful and quieter. I'm just beginning to learn all the electronic gimmicks.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,204
    we bought an 09 escape limited and passed our 04 on to one of the kids.
    huge difference, same vehicle, but everything is better.
    i just renewed the sirius for 2 years.
    gas mileage is @22 for the new one versus 19 for the '04.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • normkolnormkol Member Posts: 135
    I also was geting 19mpg on the old. So far, on the new I'm getting about 20, but it has less than 1,000 miles so it should improve.

Do you notice the climate control staying on high for too long and then blowing cold air to compensate? It's weird. My Honda Pilot stays on high for just about 5 minutes and then blows warm air at low fan speed.
  • hogan46hogan46 Member Posts: 7
    203 A Package, 17" Chrome Wheels, Trailer Tow, All Weather Floor Mats, Ingot Silver Exterior, Charcoal Cloth Seats
    MSRP: $29,825
    Edmunds Invoice: $27,634
    Chose the 0% financing over the $2,000 rebate. Paid $836 below invoice - $26,798. Even knocked off an additional $250 off their "processing" fees.
    Bought it at Koon's Ford in Sterling, VA.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter for a major newspaper is looking for a new car buyer who purchased a Ford because it did not take government money. If you just purchased a new Ford, please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you purchased to [email protected] by April 26.
  • oilernutoilernut Member Posts: 1
    Was looking at a 2010 FWD V6 Ford Escape. They only offered to give me $300 more for my trade in, they refused to offer anything off the MSRP. I walked out.
  • brianasbrianas Member Posts: 3
    limited, 4wd, v6, nav, 301a, steps, 17" wheels
    sticker 32,980
    best the dealer would come to 31,908
    invoice was 30,200
    seems like they could have done better,
    but no deal,
    we were there ready to buy, if they had done 30,900 we
    would have, but they said no
    drum hill ford, MA

were we looking for an unreasonable deal?
  • kinsalekinsale Member Posts: 33
    Are they not offering $1000 off plus 0% right now? So they didn't offer you a penny from their own pockets? Is this SUV that popular right now?
  • mf15mf15 Member Posts: 158
    2010 xlt v6 awd sun and sync, 26,000 with tax tags. Xplan,2000 rebate,750 coupon.
    X plan not as good as it used to be they are now adding a 450 advertising fee.
    You can get the coupon, just go to the ford site and request a brochure takes about a week on email.
    Getting about 26mpg on the road,20-22 local.
    Car is better than our 05.
    My problem with Ford is they charged me 406 for a full size spare on a steel wheel.Not real happy about that,it was either included in the 05 or it was about 85 bucks.
    Old Mike
  • wnukwnuk Member Posts: 40
    Got this offer on a 2010 Mariner Base FWD I4 with Sun and Sync, Rear Cargo Convenience and Amenities package.

MSRP $25670
    Sell for $22900 (Includes $1500 marketing support from Ford)
    Deduct $2750 in rebates ($2000 Ford and $750 mailer)
    Total selling price : $20150
    Trade in Credit: $7000
    Total selling price: $13150
    6% sales tax: $795
    Dealer fees: $139
    Total deal: $14084
    Add trade balance owed: $5286
    Total financed: $19370

3.5 % financing for 60 months is $352.26 per month.

Dealer also offered at no charge the 3 year Ford ESP Maintenance plan. Think it's a good offer. Any thoughts?
  • subtitulosubtitulo Member Posts: 3
    Wow, this forum is inactive.

Got this offer on a new Escape. Have not decided whether to pull the trigger, but this forum has been helpful to me so I thought I'd share:

2011 Escape Limited, 4WD, V6, Limited Luxury package (rear camera/sensors, Sync, dual automatic climate control, moon roof, premium stereo)
    No navigation

- MSRP $30,885
    - Dealer initially offered $27,200 (including current end of year $2000 Ford incentive)
    - I also got a Ford customer cash coupon of $750 in the mail after reading about it in one of these forums. I requested an Escape brochure from the Ford website and they mailed it to me with a $750 coupon in the back. The dealer took it off our final negotiated price.

Therefore, final price (pre tax, title, etc) = $26,450
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    I hope you bought it. I love all 5 of mine.
  • lvmopt1lvmopt1 Member Posts: 1
    Now it's July, What are you paying for 2011 Escapes this summer?
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    Around $22,000 for basic 2WD, XLT, 4 cylinders, around 5,000 miles, if you can believe that. Escapes (and most Fords these days) are pricey.

Limited 6 cylinders 4WD are about $25,000.

Hybrids are about $30,000. Unbelievable, no?

Frankly, you may as well buy a 2011 new.
  • sam3213sam3213 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a 2012 ford escape, either a 4 or 6 cylinder engine. What have others paid for this vehicle? How much below the invoice price can I try to get it for?
  • mrd134mrd134 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2012 recieved 1500 off the sticker price, 2500 in rebates. Could have gotten another 750 but had no trade in
    A reporter is looking for prospective 2013 Escape buyers for an interview. If you are planning to purchase a 2013 Escape, and are willing to share your story with a reporter, please send your daytime contact information to [email protected] no later than Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 11 a.m. Pacific.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• al63017al63017 Member Posts: 149
    Just ordered 2013 SEL in St. Louis---McMahon Ford who was so much better on price than 4 other Ford dealers. Beat my best price easily.
  • jdixsonjdixson Member Posts: 10
    Where was McMahons price relative to MSRP or Invoice?
  • al63017al63017 Member Posts: 149
    2000 off sticker but gave me 500 more for my trade. I found one Ford dealer Don Vance in Marshfield MO that had bigger discounts but gave me a little less for my trade so McMahon won. If you buy outright no trade--- Vance and McMahon would be good ones to compare. I guess I had 6 Ford dealers after all and 3 of 4 others were not competitive in how they discounted cars and valued my trade.
  • jdixsonjdixson Member Posts: 10
    Thanks. Sounds like your diligence found its reward.
  • escape2013escape2013 Member Posts: 1
    We Purchaed a 2013 Escape Base model SE in Brite Silver, Sand Stone interior. We picked it up 2 weeks ago at Ultimate Ford in Mtn. Home, AR
    After haggleing I paid $22,996 including $1,000 off for a cash deal no trade.
    JJ a salesman at Don Vance called me later that same day and said I'll sell you the same model for $22,496 and deliver it to you 100 miles away. I stuck with the local dealer after giving him a deposit. Just a few miles from home for service. Had to wait 7 weeks from my order date.
    My take on the SUV is after 350 miles of driving, the 1.6 turbo is a perfect combo for us. Getting 30 to 33 mpg on the open road is a big plus.
  • howardpmhowardpm Member Posts: 28
    Does this sound like a decent deal?

AWD Titanium with Nav, Sunroof and Parking - $32,632 + tax + doc fee for $34,200 with a 1.79 interest rate.

MSRP on it was $36.300
  • rpjscarpjsca Member Posts: 2
    Hi all, I am seeking to purchase a 2013 Ford Escape S model. I got a price from one dealer: $22500 OTD (CA tax) and could not get more cut. It's a white one and with SYNC package. Any comments on this price?

Thanks.
    A reporter is looking for a recent car buyer whose car's sunroof/moonroof feature was a big factor in their purchase decision. Please send your daytime contact info to [email protected] no later than Monday, November 5, 2012 at 5 p.m. Pacific.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• ifontaineifontaine Member Posts: 24
    Howdy,

We are considering a '13 Titanium, but are wondering if this is the best time to buy? Will the incentives be better in January or February? We are fortunate that we do not HAVE to buy right now, so we're trying to time it out for better incentives if they'll be coming along.

I haven't been able to find any info on typical January/February incentives.

Thanks.
  • johnnyvegasjohnnyvegas Member Posts: 8
    Being in the car business over 20 years let me give you my 2 cents. If the dealership near you is hurting and needs to make it's 2012 numbers, NOW is the best time. December 31st at noon would be the best time. Its slow, the last day of the year and month. Now FORD doesnt have to do much because it is the new model, etc, but if they advertise 0% interest, or those things, its not going to get better than that. Waiting until Jan/Feb may make it worse, because they dont "have to" do anything really. The next best timeframe in my mind would be June/July when the 2014's are around the corner and they need to dump the 13's.
  • ifontaineifontaine Member Posts: 24
    Hi JohnnyVegas. thx for the insight. We are A/Z Plan with Ford, so the purchase price isn't a variable, but the incentives and trade values are.

I appreciate your response and it will help us make a decision.

Thanks again,
    Ian
  • brave_fellowbrave_fellow Member Posts: 2
    Paid about $12 over invoice and got 2500 in rebates on top of that. Silver exterior with full leather seats navigation and power panoramic roof. Out the door my 2013 Escape Titanium was 13% under msrp... Not sure how good that was.

The sales guy told me he was 2 cars away from hitting his year end bonus so he was very motivated to sell the car. I got lucky there. I bought the car on December 27th so I got all the year end incentives.
  • twincam1twincam1 Member Posts: 1
    brave fellow
    So what EXACTLY did you pay for your Escape out the door before tax ???
    Tell us the numbers.
  • brave_fellowbrave_fellow Member Posts: 2
    MSRP $36,100
    Dealer Sale Price $33,562
    Price I paid, after rebates, before taxes = $31,062.
  • donl1donl1 Member Posts: 112
    My dealer ordered a Titanium AWD Escape for me on December 5th. As of Jan 25th it hadn't been built yet. I was wondering if anyone else had ordered around that date. What was the time frame between ordering and getting a vin # or confirmation of the vehicle being built?
  • auburn2auburn2 Member Posts: 2
    Hard to believe !!
    I have seen them on dealer lots.
  • automelon48automelon48 Member Posts: 105
    Ask your dealer. They should have a scheduled build date. (down to the day) and an expected delivery date. They can get the report from their computer system.