Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tickellertickeller Member Posts: 13
    Lousville has only one Acura dealer and you can find it easily on Acura's website. I think I am not allowed to post salesman's name.
  • russianpeterussianpete Member Posts: 3
    Got a quote via AmEx network - 35,316$ including destination fee.
  • squared1squared1 Member Posts: 6
    What does amex network mean?
    The American Express Network - if you have their credit card
  • mmilstedmmilsted Member Posts: 11
    I'm in Milwaukee, WI and i'm trying to figure out if I got a good offer: they gave me a price of $36,151 - I think that's invoice... I don't think that price includes destination or taxes. I'm not sure how the $2,000 dealer cash back issue works. I am also interested in the TECH pkg. they said that would add $2,500.00 to the pricebut there seems to be so many moving parts to this.

What should I be looking for in a bottom line price for the TL SH-AWD & the TL SH-AWD w/ Tech??

ANY HELP YOU COULD GIVE WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL!!
  • ChasboyChasboy Member Posts: 186
    Mils, what does your price include? You need hard numbers. The dealer cash is for any TL that a dealer sells. Its money from the factory to the dealer. According to my last CU printout, non tech TL's get $1000 to the dealer and all Techs get $2000. They can reduce the price to you with that money. The tech costs about $3500, so they are giving you a discount from somewhere. My bottom line price that only had doc, license and tax added to it for our SH-AWD (non tech) was $35999. Options were splash guards and wheel locks. Our total cost for everything including taxes was $38995.
    Hope this helps.
    Chasboy, Thanx for the advise. I'm expecting the written peice tomorrow via e-mail. I told them that I wanted to have everything in writing.

Beside doc, license and tax , what other added $'s would they be adding and for what? Is this $1,000 for the dealership the same thing as a 'holdback'? :confuse:

Thanks for your insight on this!
  • zorro16zorro16 Member Posts: 31
    mmilsted
    i'm in milwaukee too. it sucks only when you have two dealer in the entire state and only one in milwaukee.

i never contacted them for a price quote because i'm waiting until the year end.

some one in this forum posted they had a quote from oakland acura,ca, for $37100 for sh-awd with tech. i tought of giving it a try. i emailed oakland acura for a price quote. this is what i got back

thank you once again for your vehicle request. Oakland Acura is committed to making this the best automobile purchase you have ever had. Here is the information you requested.

2009 Acura TL Technology SH-AWD
    MSRP $42995
    Discount Price $37867

if i sit at the table and start negotiating they might come down.

shop around in chicago area too.

p.s : this quote was two weaks old
    I can't post Sales Manager/Sales rep name but here is the scoop on TL-TECH in stock:

33,700$ plus OTD plus whatever your particular state charges for title etc (in NH it's like 322$)

Dealer is the SunnysideAcura in NH - there is only one there. This is good for today and tomorrow since 2000$ rebate on TECH might expire on April.
    I received a quote from AmEx network for a dealer in Orlando area for $34,316. Waiting for a response from the dealer to confirm price plus any other fees.
    Milt, (may I call you milt?) ;)
    There are so many nuisance taxes and each state has an employee who creates them. In NJ, there is now a 'tire tax' of $7.25 per car...I have NO idea why!
    There are little 'packs' that dealers like to put on that usually have a huge profit built it.
    In addition, at my dealer, I looked at a car in the showroom. On a stand next to it were the prices for dealer installed options.(Most of which can be found on the Acura website). However, the prices were ridiculous! The $153 splash guards were $299 'installed' and the $81 wheel locks were listed at $199. So know your prices of any options. Funny thing is when I first looked at that car, and saw the wheel lock package in the car, I said to myself 'these are McGards". I couldn't verify it then, but now that I have the car, the wheel lock registration is addressed to McGard. So, the $81 wheel locks would likely cost $25-$30 from McGard direct.
    Another thing to notice is that dealer prep has not been discussed in this thread AFAIK.
    Holdback is a dollar amount that manufacturers give to a dealer once a car is sold. They vary per car, and most dealers, unless you have a real 'insider' type deal will hold onto the holdback like an angry pitbull. (I once had a deal like that, a co-worker's husband was sales mgr.). So even tho' CU would like us to believe it is negotiable, it's not, in my experience overly common. I also have a slight bit of conscience and realize that the dealers need to make money too.
    And...you are smart. Everything in writing is the way to go. :)
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    On the subject of Holdbacks, I remember when I was shopping for my 2003 TL Type S (back in 2002), I mentioned the hold dollars to the sales rep and he said this to me "You don't go into my pocket and I wont go into yours". I got up and walked away.
    Zorro - I just got an offer for 37,455 for the TL SH-AWD w/ Tech this afternoon. I am still waiting for the written documentation to prove it. This does not include the $95 documentation fee nor taxes...but from my conversation this afternoon, that's all it does not include. I went to the an Acura Dealership outside of our state this afternoon and have officially begun the competition with the WI folks. It's amazing how I got their attention when they found out that I was in another location today.
    Does anyone know if the $2000 dealer incentive for the TL be available in April?
    YES. I got the word earlier this afternoon that the $2,000 has been extended until the end of April 2009. :)
    Zorro,

I just got the inal quote from the Milwaukee area Acura dealership for the TL SH-AWD with Tech of 37,871. I'm not too sure how this stacks up with other quotes anyone else is finding for that, but I am now looking for both the SH-AWD & Tech.

Anyone else have a quote that I can compaire that to??
  • retireispretireisp Member Posts: 7
    I am looking at the TL base in Chicago area , Rizza , Orland Park is close as is McGrath , Lisle, any scoop on these places , I was thinking invoice less $1,000 manuf to dealer rebate. Anyone help.
  • gcookgcook Member Posts: 33
    Yeah that was my quote too until someone else offerred me a better quote, autowest acura.. then Oakland gave a better quote..Is a quote non-neqotiable?? I don't think so.. just because they gave you that quote doesn't mean you can't get a better price.
    Whaat was the quote that you received?
  • ksopherksopher Member Posts: 6
    mmilsted - did this quote already factor in the $2K manufacturer to dealer incentive? How about the destination charge? Anything else? Just curious as I'm starting to get quotes on the same model this week. Thanks
    the offer was inclusive of the $2k and Destination. Just TTL and you're there. I'm not sure that this is that good of a deal though. they went to the invoice after applying the $2k rather than going to the invoice then dropping an additional $2k for the car. Does that seem right to you? I would think that they would go to the invoice price then apply the $2k so that I'd be $2k below the invoice. they would make the sam $'s because the dealer incentives. the way I'm looking at this offer right now as that they are about $2 k too high.

Am I looking at this the right way??or do all dealers apply the $2k to the price of the car to get you to the invoice price of the car...meanwhile you think you got a good deal and they just made an additional $2000 off of you??? :confuse:
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    This should be simple enough to figure out.

TL SH-AWD w/Tech and destination.

MSRP=$42,995
    Invoice=$39,572

What the dealer does with the $2,000 dealer incentive is up to them.

For example, if they agree to invoice AND to give you the entire $2K dealer incentive, the price should be $37,572. Anything at that price is a great deal. Anything below that price is even better. Most dealerships won't let you get into their "holdback", though. They may "fudge" the numbers a little bit, here and there....undervalue a trade....add on "extras" like the wheel locks, rubber mats.......maybe overcharge for "doc fees", etc. to make some margin.

They may decide to keep part of the incentive (the incentive is for the dealer, not straight to the consumer). Or, you can ask them for all of it. They may decide they won't go to "invoice" and/or keep part of the incentive.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • vobevobe Member Posts: 2
    Paid $34,760 including destination for TL w/tech, splash guards, trunk liner and wheel locks. Price excludes tt&l.
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    The invoice of the car is $39,572, so the dealer is paying 37,572 for the car taken the 2K discount.How much lower are you expecting them to go?
  • neimanneiman Member Posts: 6
    Purchased a 2009 TL with Nav yesterday from McDavid Acura in Plano. Purchase price of car was 34,900. Price with Accessories is 35,500 plus T,T &L (includes wheel locks, splash guards, window tint, body side moldings and trunk tray). Total out the door price was $37,657.

Hope that helps. Pricing in DFW was generally around 35,500 with some accessories. No body was willing to sell without accessories, I wanted some accessories but not necessarily all of them. McDavid also gave me $5,000 for my 1999 Lexus RX 300 with 138,000.

Good experience, I would recommend them to others. Looking forward to picking up car this afternoon.
    I received a written quote for 09TL w/Tech for 34316.15 + 599.95 dealer fee plus TTL in FL. Is this a good price?
  • seatoyotasalesseatoyotasales Member Posts: 36
    Saw here on the incentives/rebates section that it looks like the $2000 dealer cash is now gone? In the Seattle area here and was hoping for it to continue or even get better. Most the dealers here have at least 30+ TL's with tech on their lots. Anybody in other areas still have the $2k marketing cash?
  • ksopherksopher Member Posts: 6
    Anyone know the money factor (top tier - super preferred?) and TL residual %'s for April? It looks like the numbers can fluctuate a bit month-to-month. Thanks
    Just signed today for the SH-AWD with tech for $37,721 including destination - excluding TTL & Doc fee of $95. I figured that was one rsck of a deal! ;)
  • porkchopskiezporkchopskiez Member Posts: 1
    I would like to share my purchase experience of an '09 TL with Tech this weekend.
    I got it for 33,400 + TTL. It also included the wheel lock set and the mud guard. I bought it from Sierra of Alhambra. Hope this would help your own purchase.
    You did good. Great car. Great deal. What color?
  • sam_ksam_k Member Posts: 198
    Can anyone recommend an Acura dealer to work with in the NYC area? I'll go to New Jersey, Westchester, Nassau, Suffolk, any place within 50-60 miles of NYC. I will not deal with any Paragon or Koeppel dealerships due to very experiences with them. Thanks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    GG:

I'm looking for Opening Day tickets, if you run across any.... :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• draz2draz2 Member Posts: 50
    Boy, are you ever right about Paragon. I've never been to a sleazier bunch than them. I wouldn't buy a toothpick from that place. That said, I got my TL (FWD) W/ Tech from Rallye Acura in Roslyn, NY. Totally class operation. I paid $34,485 for the car including destination and wheel locks. Give them a try. You'll like the way they do business.
    I can heartily recommend Open Road Acura of Wayne. If you filter the posts by my handle 'chasboy' you will view my experience with them. In addition I gave them a great rating in the Edmunds Dealer rating area. If you contac them thru the internet, ask for Paul Rubin. He treated me very well.
    Black on Black...they threw iin wheel locks as well...but I think they were on the TL anyway...very happy with the purchase! - worked with Acura of Brookfield in Wisconsin...ask for Matt N. - He's the internet sales manager.
    I'm looking for Opening Day tickets, if you run across any....

kyfdx....you and me, both. I may have a line on some. But, they're only single seats. And, I won't know 'till day of.

If I come across some, I'll email you.

-D
    cool.....that black on black is gorgeous. Seems as if most of my recent cars have been that color. I'm thinking burgandy over taupe if (BIG IF) I can come to a deal on a SH-AWD tech. I've got a price on the TL locked. Trade is being problematic. So, I may have to sell it on my own. Gotta do that first, though.

Congrats!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Thanks!!

The weather report is starting to put me off, though.. I thought 45 F high, with possible early morning snow showers was bad.. Now, they are saying 36F might be the high... and windy... :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx....I'm thinking the same thing. It's not going to be a very nice day. I may scalp some, but probably try to see what it's like weatherwise. This may be one of those years I'll have to satisfy my baseball lust in front of a TV, instead of in person.
  • martylibmartylib Member Posts: 3
    Hello, all. I want to find out what you think about the 2009 TL TECH and for the price is this a good vehicle? I received a lease price of $467.00 per month 12K miles which includes all tax and 2K down at inception in NJ. Is this a good price?
    Are there any other incentives out there? Dealer claims this is the bottom price.
  • martylibmartylib Member Posts: 3
    Was this for a 2009 TL TECH and did this include tax? What State?
  • davidl2davidl2 Member Posts: 4
    Hi I've found a dealer with a leftover 2008 TL with nav Silver/Taupe and they're quoting me a price of 31,100. I've looked at earlier posts and seen that people have gotten them for 29,xxx. Shouldn't the price be even lower now?
  • minnuminnu Member Posts: 5
    hi all,

i zeroed in on a 2006 Acura TL w/ Nav person vehicle certified pre-owned from a dealer (this is not a lease return) mileage : 15K. I have paid $22500 and OTD 24000 in NYC area, but with CT taxes. can you please tell me whether i made a good deal or not, if you know any other dealer with better than this price, please let me know.

thanks
  • kimsdadkimsdad Member Posts: 8
    Hi...
    Im from New Orleans. I posted about 2 weeks ago about my problem getting a reasonable price on the 09 TL FWD w/tech package. (See earlier post below) Anyway, earlier this week I ended up flying out to Louisville, KY (Accura at Oxmoor) and picked up the car for $33,800 plus tax title license. It came with full tank of gas. Even after paying $150 for airline ticket, $58 hotel one night, $35 food, and $15 extra gas, I saved between about $4000 and $1000 over best deals in Louisiana offered in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Shreveport.

Got 28mpg on drive home and was an easy 10 hour drive in this great car. According to Consumer Report, I paid way under INVOICE price. $36316 invoice (include destination) less $2000 dealer insentive, less $516 of the factory "holdback" = $33800. The dealer would have made $600 which is the remaining part of the "holdback" which they kept. The dealership is very nice and located about 10 miles from Louisville airport. The dealer salesman picked me up at the airport and had all of the paperwork already done with faxes and overnight fedex's before the sale ( they dealt with my credit union in New Orleans). OHHH and my credit union matched the 3.9% 5yr fiancing offered by Acura. (If you have a credit union they will match a dealer finance offer if you show them the advertisement so they can investigate the rate to match it.)

For anyone that wants the name of the salesman, drop me a line and i will share it. [email protected] i guess that is allowed. I am not sure how prices will change now that the insentive/and or holdback has expired.....but I do believe that Louisville will always have a price hard to beat. DEFINITELY BETTER THAN YOU CAN GET AT THE NEW ORLEANS ACURA DEALERSHIP.....They were ridiculously high!!! Good luck!
    KimsDad, great job!!! I bet you never enjoyed a 'shakedown cruise' more either!!
    My in-laws neighbor did a similar thing when the MDX first came out. You got a great deal! :shades:
    NOW, tell me how much do you love this car? :)
  • ilu333ilu333 Member Posts: 18
    I got ant OTD quote including taxes & everything of $37,125. Is this good? I was hoping it woulld be around $36000. Do you think I'm expecting too much?
  • minnuminnu Member Posts: 5
    Hi all if u r in NY area check with wappinger falls acura dealer he was offering me around 32000 OTD but I was looking only at certified preowned hence I did not take the deal but who ever is interested can give a try.

Btw can any one of you please reply to my post if u can.

Thanks
  • skodukulaskodukula Member Posts: 13
    I got a quote for TL with Tech Package

MSRP - 39455
    Price negotiated - 33800 (inludes Dest Charge)
    TTL - Extra.

Dealer is giving Splash Guards and Locks. Is this a good price?? can we get better deals.
  • mespresmespres Member Posts: 6
    Which dealer did you get this price from