Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• skodukulaskodukula Member Posts: 13
    Its in Chicago, Continental and Rizza Accura quoted the prices. Is that a good deal?
  • mmilstedmmilsted Member Posts: 11
    On you auto:
    MSRP: $ 38,685
    Invoice: $ $36,316 (including $760 in Destination)
    Dealer Cash: - $ 2000.00
    Invoice - Dealer Cash: $34,316

That is the # you aught to be targeting. Remember the dealer is also making 2% on the vehicle...Here's how you calculate that #: MSRP - Destination * 2% = what the dealership is making off the deal AT INVOICE. Anything above invoice is frosting on the cake for them!! Now, that being said...you may be hard pressed to find a dealer that will give you the auto at invoice...I paid 37,721 for my SH-AWD w/ tech here in Wisconsin...and yes, the cars are "hard to find" here too.

There are many examples of what others are paying for you EXACT car in this Forum. although it may take a bit of time...it is WELL WORTH the read. One more item...make sure that any deal you get in writing so that you know what is included in you'deal' and what is not. For the # above, I would assume that the $34,316 is the 'Out The Door" price for the car...meaning that this is the FINAL cost for the car - add your local TTL to that # and that is where you aught to be targeting. The only additional charges should be: Documentation Fee (usually $95 to $150 - states regulate this fee and you may not be able to negotiate this fee); Title, Taxes & Licence charges.
  • retireispretireisp Member Posts: 7
    That seems like a hell of a good price, I am going to Rizza on Fri to test drive the base, I thought that if I could get that for around 32,000 it would be good, your tech is not that much more. How was dealing with Rizza, they seemed low key in my first visit, the sales person was a female name was D****. Any help you can give me would be great.
    My suggestion Call all dealers if you want to get a price and the price I got on the one you are looking is 31,398 +ttl dd.

Keep me posted as I am still calling all dealers in and around Chicago and Wisconsin to see if the can better deal. I am in no hurry to close the deal and would close before 4/30. I will take my time on the deal so check with all the deal masters.
    Thanks for your response, I will let you know, I am also looking at Lincoln MKS, probably won't talk price till 15th or so, will also get price at McGraff in Westmont. I am with you not in big hurry just want to do before the Manuf to Dealer rebate is up.
  • rockrockrockrock Member Posts: 6
    Just wondering, does anyone know if the $2000 "manufacturer to dealer" is still available from Acura, i'm located in Chicago?
  • mmilstedmmilsted Member Posts: 11
    Yes. It was extended through April 2009.
    Thanks mmilsted. I'm gonna swing by the dealer tomorrow, does anyone know what i can expect to pay for an extended warranty?
  • kspokanekspokane Member Posts: 4
    I need to know, what are people paid for 2009 tl w/tech in washington state. thank you
  • ilu333ilu333 Member Posts: 18
    Thank you for the 411. I did some research & read some old posts about what others paid for this car so I think I'm pretty close to a final decision. I just received another quote today for $36,300 which is the total OTD including tt&l in socal. I think this is by far the lowest I've found. Any other advise on how to negotiate or how to secure this price is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • neimanneiman Member Posts: 6
    I was quoted $1,900 for the 100,000 mile extended warranty by David McDavid Acura in Dallas. Personally, I expect a Honda/Acura product not to require an Extended Warranty therefore I did not purchase it.
  • mpcarmpcar Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I am new to the forum. I have been reading about this $2000 available on 09 TLs. However, on Edmunds I am only seeing $1000 for Marketing Support. So is it really $2000?
    Also, has anyone purchased a base 09 TL in the Tampa area recently?

Thanks
  • ChasboyChasboy Member Posts: 186
    It was until the end of March, but I don't know if it still is the same. It was 1G for non tech, 2G for tech.
  • kimsdadkimsdad Member Posts: 8
    I posted a few days ago about a deal i got in Louisville, KY. Not sure how prices are in Washington St.....but you could always consider making a good deal out or state and then either flying there to pick up or have it trucked in by a "driveaway" company. You can get trucked in from a few states away for around $500. OR a 1 way airline tic is usually about $200 for same distance. I flew in to pick up mine from 700 miles away in New Orleans. I got the TL w/tech about 2 weeks ago for $33800 plus tax title in Louisville, KY. Also got the 3.8% financing. If anyone wants name of dealer and salesperson... [email protected]
    The incentive is still avail. i got confirmation from several fleet managers. 2G for tech.
    do you guys think the incentive/pricing will be better at the end of the month? I'm debatin on whether I should pull the trigger now or wait another few weeks. the best quote I got so far is $36200 OTD including CA sale tax.
    Is this for a TL/Tech Pkg and can you give down your break up - MSRP, Price before Tax and Dest fees. Dest Fees etc.

36200 OTD including Tax if for the same car is surely a great deal.
  • markcpmarkcp Member Posts: 11
    Is a 1400 mile base 09 Acura TL with tech from a used car lot reasonably priced at $34,500? It is not from an Acura dealer. This is the Minnesota / Wisconsin area.
    Thanks, Mark
    Is it with all OTD including Taxes. If so you are good as an a new one with all taxes etc is around 36.5 based on 8% tax rate currently.
    After looking back a few pages what people paid for brand new, this isn't a very good deal. It was without tax or license. I contacted dealer with an offer of $32,500 , without tax included.
    If you are saying 32500 + Dest + Taxes. Thats hell of a price and can you tell me which dealer and if it is in WI, I am ready to drive in there for that price.

So far I am able to get 32,800 + Dest+Taxes.
    This is a used 09 TL Tech with 1400 miles from a non-Acura dealer. His bottom price was $34,500 then tax and license above that. I counter offered at $32,500. It doesn't hurt to start low on offers and build up.

Your $32,800 was that brand new from dealer lot?
  • blooskiblooski Member Posts: 9
    Hi kimsdad,

Is this a Tl SHAWD?

Thanks
  • amalpaniamalpani Member Posts: 9
    I have been offered $33,500 (incl. destination) for a brand new 2009 Acura TL FWD + Tech, MSRP of $39,475 (incl. destination). Based on what people are quoting, that looks like a good offer? I'm looking for a "rip-off deal" equal to 24% discount from MSRP ($30,000 + TTL ). Does anyone think I will be able to get that price in the next 2/3 months?

I got this from the same dealer from whom I got two Acura MDX's 6 months ago (Chicago suburbs).
    36,200 OTD & including tax which is a good price but still not sure if this is a trick to get me into the dealer or a real deal.
    Mil, I don't know if 24% is beyond what a an Acura dealer will do. I know it would not fly in my area, seems that the only manufacturers where one would have a chance to get that kind of deal would be GM and Chrysler. I wish you luck tho!
    :)
    Just picked up a 2009 Acura TL, SH-AWD w/Tech, Grigio and Umber/Ebony. How do you guys think I did?

Price: $37,600.00
    Doc: $151.00
    Plates: $90.00
    Plus Chicago taxes.
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    That's the second best deal I have seen here on these boards for the AWD tech. Here in CT and NY, I dont see any dealers going that low.
    No Blooski.....the $33800 price is for the TL w/tech, FWD (Not SHAWD) This price of about 2 weeks ago is for everything but tax & lic. I applied the $2000 dealer incentive and some of the holdback. I gave the exact breakdown in a post about 2 weeks ago. Bought at Oxmoor in in Louisville KY. If you need name of salesman you can em me at [email protected].
  • ksopherksopher Member Posts: 6
    Just completed my deal today:
    2009 FWD w/Tech. With no other dealer options

$33404 sale price
    $35197 adjusted gross (inc TTL, small down)
    $22089 residual (56% on 15K miles/year)
    .00237 Money Rate (HFC Super Preferred tier)
    $499.88 / month

Had Grigio/Ebony in stock. Took delivery today.
    Leased from Norris Acura, Ellicott City, Maryland
  • lax29lax29 Member Posts: 42
    Congrats, bought mine from Norris last month also.
  • mjf70mjf70 Member Posts: 5
    lookingto pull the trigger this week, can you please breakdown your out of pocket money? did the $499 include tax? Im in pa so lease tax is 9%, im interested in how much you put down and what your payment is prior to tax.
    Ksopher....I wonder if the lease terms can affect the price of the vehicle? For example as in a trade, dealers can give you an lousy deal on the trade-in, and then use that as leverage in giving you a great price on the new vehicle. All things equal, you got a great price! Good job
  • mpcarmpcar Member Posts: 3
    Is dealer fee required? Or is this something dealer just adds to make extra money? Can I tell the dealer to delete this fee?
    mpcar, dealer fee?
    to paraphrase a famous movie line: "DEALER FEE?!! We don't pay no stinkin dealer fee!!"
    mpcar.... When you make your offer, let the salesperson know from the start that any offer you make is TOTAL PRICE.....with exception of tax and registration. Many dealers ARE REQUIRED as part of their arrangement with other dealerships to show a 'doc fee" or some other fee on the paperwork. BUT that is ok if the doc fee shows up in the paperwork as long as you are getting the car for your TOTAL PRICE on the bottom line.
    In Chicago Area, Whats the best price for this model currently? I am thinking of finalizing week - 04/25. Any help would be appreciated. Best deal so far obtained is - 33553 (Incl. Dest Fees) + Tax and Title fees.

Any dealer names will also be helpful
    Mpcar, with all the nuisance fees that are foisted upon us I would demand to know what 'dealer fee' means. I have never seen a fee like that, that leaves itself open to all manner of 'interpretation'. In NJ we have a "tire tax' of $1.25/tire...ok, I'll get my own tires :P .
    If it's a doc fee, let them call it that. It like the tax guy in the movie Popeye with Robin Williams.
    I am going to start my talks next week on a TL w/Tech at Rizza in Orland. Who did you get that price from, they have about 40 TLs in Orland so it looks like they are heavy on inventory. Your quoted price looks good to me if I good get same. So far my only contact is at Rizza, but have a sales name at Acura dealer in Westmont if I need to get other quotes.
    All delaers currently have almost more or less the same inventory. I am waiting for the month end prices as they might be willing to budge further on the price. I have been in contact with almost 4-5 dealers, each one wants to beat the others price. So holding tight to get the best price.

Let me know how your talks go and lets be in touch in order to share the price. I will be checking on other dealers this weekend and also see if I can sell my existing car.
  • 69winter69winter Member Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase a 2009 TL with tech package in the NY NJ area. Looking for the best price anywhere within 100 miles. What are everyone's recent prices? Please respond, as I am looking to make the purchase soon! Thanks in advance.
    I paid $38995 at Open Road Acura in Wayne, NJ for a TL-AWD, no tech. Included all fees and taxes, including NJ Sales tax.
    I highly recommend the dealer. Ask for Curtis-he's the sales manager.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Out the Door (OTD) is just that... everything that you have to pay to drive the car away including taxes and all fees.
    Some people may quote prices in here however fail to mention a trade was involved, the car was a "demo" or other considerations.
    Remember we ALL pay an OTD price!
    Exactly JB, many posters have stated that they don't want to include the taxes. Well, if one doesn't pay the sales tax, the car doesn't go out the door! ;)
    Just put a credit card hold on a 09 TL with Tech @ $32900. This is a used TL with under 1500 miles, splash guards and trunk organizer. The dealer started at $35,900 and kept coming down. I told him two weeks ago I would pay $32500, but he replied $34000 was as low as he would go. Yesteray he emails me telling me it has been on the lot 30 days and he wants it off. Driving 3 hours to look at it on Saturday. Price doesn't include tax or registration. I figure I get the Tech package for free based on new price on the base TL's?
    I pulled the trigger this weekend. I got the 09 TL fwd w/tech. The OTD price including everything is $36800. This also includes wheel lock, trunk tray, & splash guard. This is the best OTD quote that I got.
    Congrats to both of you. Real good deals. You are going to love the car. :)
  • draz2draz2 Member Posts: 50
    I paid $34,480 (incuding destination) for FWD TL w/ Tech, not including tax, tags, etc. Dealer was Rallye Acura in Roslyn, Long Island. I picked it up 3-30-09.
    BTW I absolutely LOVE the car, I'm sure you will too.
    Hope this helps.
  • draz2draz2 Member Posts: 50
    "Out the door" is a euphemism and is not to be taken literally. Because state and local taxes vary, it's a UNIVERSALLY ACCEPTEDconvention that that term means ONLY the price of the car plus destination.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,734
    It's obviously not universally accepted, if two or three people in the same forum can't agree on it...

If your OTD deal looks too good to be true, and you think it includes tax, then it probably doesn't.... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator