Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ChasboyChasboy Member Posts: 186
    congrats Talas!!! use it well!
  • cebtebcebteb Member Posts: 138
    "Black/Taupe TL w/Tech", hey that's the one my wife has her eye on if we make the move this summer.
  • jmcmannisjmcmannis Member Posts: 39
    Seems like quite a few of us getting a TL lately. Congrats!!
  • jwboothjwbooth Member Posts: 27
    About to buy an '09 Acura TL FWD w/Tech.

A dealer in a neighboring state about 200 miles away offered it for $34,150 plus $70 in fees. That includes all except TTL. No extras included with car.

I see that people here are getting 33.0k to 33.5k deals for the same, including some extras for the car (moldings, etc.).

Was planning to see if either of the 2 local dealers will give me $33.0k, or close to it, plus moldings, mud guards, wheel locks, trunk extras.
    Also planning to accept their 2.9% APR for 36 month financing from whichever dealer I purchase from.

But should I wait till July 8th when the current incentives end, to see if the new incentives are better?
    Could they possibly be any worse? Seems unlikely to me, as we get closer to the '10s coming out, but would appreciate opinions/info.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    jw....You've got a good price.

I suppose you could wait. But, I remember last year when Acura pulled incentives on the TSX right before the new TSX hit.

It's always a gamble. I've never seen better incentives on the TL. Could they get better? Anything's possible.

Depends on whether you want to risk not getting the color you want as stock dwindles. Also, is it worth the $100 in gas to run around to different dealers who may, or may not beat the already good price you've got?

That's up to you!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • talastalas Member Posts: 2
    FYI.

Before settling on my 34k (+ttl) deal I had 2 other offers. One was for 34,109 (+ttl). The other was for 33,600 (+ttl) but was limited to the stock on hand - just 3 colors all of which we hated. So I am not sure if 33k is feasible unless you are lucky.

Just as an aside I was also negotiating with a BMW dealer and finally brought him down to 43.5k for a 528xi! Of course it helped that it was the last car on the lot. Didn't go through with it though since it was silver.
  • joe767joe767 Member Posts: 10
    Thank you guys just got SH-AWD w Tech Red Ebony trim today. Here are the numbers. MSRP came in at $43123.00. The manager is a neighbor and he promised to take care of me so right away the offer was $38880.00 then I counter offer for 37880.00 they took it and I took the finance for 3.9% for 48months. I think its a good deal, Vinart Acura of Lehigh Valley in Allentown. Thanks for all your help guys.
    Joe
    Congrats Joe! Sounds like you got a good deal!! Hope you enjoy the car!!
  • acurapriceacuraprice Member Posts: 91
    Joe,

I just pulled my TL brochure to look at your color combination. That is one beautiful color (Basque Red Pearl) and pefect interior (Ebony/Black). That black interior really pops with the red, plus you'll love the black carpet/seats not showing any dirt/stains. Congrats on your deal!! $37,880 is way below what most folks are paying. Finance guy at Goodson Acura (#1 volume dealer in TX) said the TL SH-AWD w TECH is averaging slightly over $39K sales price for the year. Have fun and be careful not to get any speeding tickets!!
  • joe767joe767 Member Posts: 10
    I tell you guys I'm so excited I wasn't able to sleep last night, I was dreaming about the car all night. I read so much information about not getting Extended Warranty but for my piece of mind I got it, so they still made some money off me 6yr/100K for extra $2400.00, but if it's not use I get 100% refund. This is the coolest color I've seen on a car, wow I'm I going to be able to sleep again. The Tech stuff is very overwhelming right now, even though I consider myself a techie. Thanks.
    Joe
    The tech stuff can be overwhelming. I'm a techie too but it will take me some time to get familiar with it all. Even having watched all the videos on the Acura site as well as on myacura. I also downloaded the owners and navigation manuals before I got mine. Last night I spent some time just sitting in the driveway playing with the audio system. I like how for radio you can use the RDS to do category scans (ie scan for top 40 stations). I used that to set my presets.
  • neilmanneilman Member Posts: 42
    Congrats!! I know the excitement can be hard to contain...I'm still feeling it after 3 weeks. I love the engine growl...feels like a real muscle car. Th red 'pearl' must be awesome...although I have never seen it. All the pearl finishes seem to be really nice.

By the way...excluding tax, tag, and license, were there any fees on top of the $37,880? Is so, how much? Sounds like you got the best deal possible...congrats again!

Interesting about the refundable warranty...my dealer never mentioned that otherwise I would have gotten it too.
    Joe, welcome to the 'no-sleep-the-nite-before-I-pickup-my-dream-car" club!!! I didn't sleep either. That refundable warranty package is the first I've ever heard of that. The only time I ever got one was for my 1984 Audi and no, we never used it! (It cost about $500 at the time).
    I did all of the preparatory reading, and mooning over the info and pix, yet nothing compares to taking that key and getting into YOUR car!! I get excited just knowing I'm going to drive it...anywhere...!
    The pearl colors are all nice, the only 'semi straight' color is the black, tho' I think it may be a pearl also. We love our white one.
    Another thing I love is the transmission. It 'acts like' a manual in many situations, downshifting at times as I would if it were a stick, and staying in a lower gear as I would want at times also.
    Lots of luck! :D
    Good luck
  • cman7cman7 Member Posts: 19
    I just left a Georgia Acura dealer. They have four 2008 leftovers sitting on the lot. They m that they would have to spre asking $32,500 plus TTL.. I offered 31,000 OTD. They claim that the General Manager is the onlyt person that could approve that. My question to this forum is how much should I offer for this base 08 TL, no navigation ? It is new with 120 miles on the odometer.
    The black is a pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, however I don't see much pearl to it. When I look closely I can see it. I think that's what I liked about the Grigio, the pearl stood out more.
    For the $32,500 they're asking you should be able to get an 09 TL Base. For the 08 I'd try for around $30K.
    I did an on-line check of the 2009 TL inventories at the 3 area Acura dealers and compared it to what I found in April on-line. The Boulder dealer has upped inventory from around 37 to 56. The second dealer is at about the same with an inventory of 35. The third dealer has dropped inventory from around 35 to 27.

Now I'm trying to figure out what that all means as far as demand and potential deals. I'm guessing the Boulder dealer has picked up the TL inventory from the small dealers in the mountain states area in hopes of selling more this summer in a more affluent market. I think the third dealer is either doing a good job on sales or is playing it safe in a down economic market. I did note that the SHAWD models did make up 25 to 40% of inventory at all 3 dealers. I also noted a preponderance of Brown colored TLs in those inventories. I though Blue was the non-seller. Hmmmm!

Seems like I see a lot of Acura and TL advertising here, but nothing about deals, discounts, rebates, year-end specials. Maybe the latest unemployment figures will get these dealers and Acura to shake loose a bit rather than eat their '09 inventory.
  • tkv_01tkv_01 Member Posts: 20
    I paid 33K for 08 TL type S on 06/08. You are able to get a 09 as the same price.
  • falcon74falcon74 Member Posts: 67
    I live in Northern Cal and I am looking at getting a TL w/ tech. Has anyone gotten any good deals in this area? Thanks-
  • nkbuynkbuy Member Posts: 25
    Hey Falcon74
    I was also in the market looking at the Acura TL+tech. Did you consider reaching out to Steven's Creek Acura or AutoWest Acura of Stevens Creek(if you request your quotes via edmunds, it will reach the people i was negoiating with)? I think you can get the car for 33 to low 33K. I decided against the FWD as i was not comfortable with the seat so looked at the AWD which has better cushioning/seating and loved it. Different story on why i had to pull the plug on the Acura.

thanks
  • jfooljfool Member Posts: 15
    My nephew got the 2008 TL with Nav for $29,423.30 plus TTL in January 2009 in NYC.
    335i, jet black/saddle brown, premium, sport, nav, steptronic auto trans, sport wheel w paddles, anti theft, comfort access, heated front seats, satellite w 1 yr, HD radio, ipod & usb:

MSRP: $51,845
    INVOICE: $47,705
    SALES PRICE: $46,500
    That's 10.3% off MSRP and $1,205 behind invoice.
    Not a lease, outright purchase price includes everything but TT&L, can also use 1.9% simple interest financing.

Car is on the water (in transit from Germany) as we speak. Throwing in floor mats, and it drives out with a complete detail (3 coats of wax) and full tank of gas. What do you think? DEAL OR NO DEAL?
  • pghaltimapghaltima Member Posts: 19
    sounds like a great deal. I got the exact 535xi for 58000.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    think it would be a good question for a BMW thread
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    Save yourself 10k and the headaches-get the TL.
    Nothing against BMWs. I've owned a couple (last one was a 330i all loaded up....same color in and out as the one you are interested in).

I-Drive is nowhere near as sophisticated as the TLs nav, nor is the stereo.

But, that's not what those cars are all about. I'll be the first to admit that the ride/handling compromise on a BMW 3 is the best in the biz, bar none. Plus, the 335i is fast....matching many muscle cars.

It is smaller on the inside. A little stark, too.

The big difference of course is an $8K-$9K price differential over a TL SH-AWD. Yeah, you give up a little speed with the TL, but you gain SH-AWD in the process. In truth, the TL SH-AWD is pretty darn close to the BMW ride/handling.

Although I liked my BMWs, I always felt they were overpriced for what I got.

Not a bad choice, though. ~$48K for a relatively compact sedan with funky I-Drive....I don't know. That's almost exactly $10K more than I paid for my last one, built on the same platform, with the exact same options, only difference being the twin turbo motor. Up to you whether it's worth it.

The better deal would be one without i-drive. I think the comfort access (which nets the same push button start without inserting a fob) was somewhere in the $400 range on the BMW (going by memory). That kind of struck me, too.

If the name cachet means something to you, you can get a new MB C350 Sport series for much less right now.

But, if you're liking the BMW, that's a good price for one equipped like that.
    I think you posted in the wrong forum/thread.
    cman7 - " just left a Georgia Acura dealer. They have four 2008 leftovers sitting on the lot. They m that they would have to spre asking $32,500 plus TTL.. I offered 31,000 OTD. They claim that the General Manager is the onlyt person that could approve that. My question to this forum is how much should I offer for this base 08 TL, no navigation ? It is new with 120 miles on the odometer."

They are ripping you off. Horrible price, no question.

I got an offer a few days ago for an '09 TL with Tech for $33,100 incl destination. Not included - TTL. Also not included - a $55 doc fee. I live in a neighboring state, so will also have to pay $15 for a one way drive ticket, as vehicle will not be registered till I drive it to my state.
    That's it.
    Another dealer offered about $33,500, another $34,095 - both of those price not including same items as above quote.

The car they're offering you will be 2 years old in another month or 3 when the '10 TL comes out.

For 7% more than you offered for the '08 which I assume is without tech since you didn't mention it, you can bargain for an '09 with tech - although the OTD will be more than that of course.
    Also, see post #10615 above.
    I was going to go into a neighboring state and purchase my TL on Tuesday 7/7.

I was sure that was the last day listed for the 2.9% financing.

Went to Acura's website tonight, and see that I went braindead - the last day was 7/6. 7/7 is the date for whatever new incentives, if any, will be offered. Was planning to finance with the 36 month 2.9%.

Does anyone know what the new incentives, if any, are for the TL beginning 7/7?
    Financing incentives - 2.9% continuing, I hope?
    Dealer incentives - I believe they had $1,000 during the last 4 months. Continuing? More or less or none?

Anyone know?
    I was wrong - Marketing (Dealer) Incentives were $2,000.

Everything seems to be gone as of now - no special financing, no dealer incentives.

Looks like I really blew it on this one.

Wouldn't they go back to special financing and dealer incentives shortly, with the '10s coming out soon?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Wait a couple of days... The incentives always disappear at the first of the month, until the new program comes out (which isn't always new).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Don't fret! I thought the same thing as you. I thought the $2000 incentive ended at the end of May but was thrilled to find out it was still in effect. Edmunds didn't end up showing it back up on their site for a couple weeks, but the salesman confirmed it was still in effect. The financing has been going on for several months. That could mean there's a good chance it will be continued this month. It also could mean it will end. Although I would think Acura would continue it to clear out the 09's before the 2010's come in. The incentive has been $1000 for non-tech and $2000 for tech.
    I bet they go to 1.9% financing to match BMW and keep the $2,000 cash. Ton's of 09"s still sitting around. Rust on those rotors is getting thicker by the day!
    According to many here there are no 09's left, which I do not believe.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • mel88hrmanmel88hrman Member Posts: 7
    I was in a dealership in Greensboro, NC today and was offered 2.9% for 60 months. :)
  • mel88hrmanmel88hrman Member Posts: 7
    There are lots of 09's left. What area are you?
    I meant here as in these forums, not here as in the area I Iive. ie Many people here (on these forums) say there are no 09's left, but I disagree.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    There are plenty of 09s out there. The dealers always want the upper hand. The car business stinks right now all brands/cars, Even here in South fla which is a huge car market and great luxury car market. There are much better deals on the the TL now over the TSX. I go for the deal,. but Honda Leasing AHFC has been excellent for me to deal with for many years. Hands down they are the best leasing company anywhere.

Robert
    I think it depends on the geographic region as far as stock levels are concerned. There are plenty around me. But, from what we've seen/heard on the East Coast, the '09s are getting a little scarce.
    I think the SH-AWD's are getting a little scarce but the base TL is plentiful. Although it depends on area.
    No shortage of SH-AWDs in the metro-Denver area. at least a third of the large current inventory at all three dealers are SH-AWD. There do seem to be few FWD-No Tech units available. I guess with those having the lowest price, they go first in a bad economy.
    Looks like in metro-Denver the only posted offers are just the same financing offers (3.9% for 25 to 60 months) they've had for months now. Nothing exciting as many HELOCs can currently borrow at that rate or lower and itemize the interest paid.

Of course, nothing is posted regarding the dealer incentive. Anyone know what the current dealer incentive is or do I have to pay CR for a report to find out?
  • mrjerriosmrjerrios Member Posts: 4
    I just got back from Acura Southwest in Houston and was offered $34.5K before TTL. Based on what they showed me they have $2000 dealer incentive with 2.9% financing for 60 mos. I didn't go for the hard push yet, but I feel like they can do better. Anyone else in the Houston area get anything better, manager using the talk like they were running short on inventory even though they had least 30 on the lot.
    jerrios.....only one way to find out is to make them an offer. What's the worst they can say? No!
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    I am getting ready to pick up my TL with Tech in South Florida. I will post everything shortly. I don't want to jinx anything as I had a tough time the other day with a different dealer. It was a sharp deal. 12/36 Only drive off costs are first month and Fla tage/doc fees which are nominal. No matter what I hear from dealers or others, the only way to get a lease is like this with no cap costs or major nonsense. Infiniti has a bank fee of 700. Some go as high as 800. Funny how people in this economy wanted to buy houses with no money down, but get a lease with a huge cap cost as high as 3-5K. The idea of lease is not to go with a big cap cost. Maybe there is this hidden factor. Somebody asks you how much you pay a month on your BMW and you saw 400.00 plus tax but that is after you paid 7K down on the car or something.

Rob

Rob
    Jerrios, graphicguy is right. You have the upper hand. there is always another car!!
    All that sales talk is BS. Make the offer you want to make, and if they don't like it, walk away. Believe me, I get just as excited as you must be about getting the new car, and the TL is one to be excited about. I still get giddy when it's time to go somewhere. :blush:
    They are short on inventory?? who cares about their problems? you want a deal!
    and...the 2010's are going to be coming in soon.
    Good luck kid, I'm pulling for ya!
  • harkyharky Member Posts: 13
    Hello All

I live in Northern NJ, and seriously considering Acura TL Base Model. I got few quotes from various web-based car buying sites, but like to hear from the actual owners that what will be the decent price for the car? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    Infiniti's bank fee is $595, not $700. Don't believe me look it up on their web site.

2009 G Sedan RWD Journey w/Premium Package subject to availability to well qualified customers who lease through Nissan-Infiniti LT. Subject to Credit Approval. MSRP $37,065 incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $32,497 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • harkyharky Member Posts: 13
    Update

Just got a quote from the local dealer- $32,230 (inc. destination + all season mats & trunk tray) for 2009 TL base. Do you think this is a good price or should I wait few more months before 2010 models roll out so that the price may further go down?

Thanks in advance