Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    No- Umber looks more brownish.
  • ace_chicagoace_chicago Member Posts: 3
    I bought the ACURA TL Tech package in Chicago area for $32,600 Base + 760 Destination + TAX (8%) + $1200 (7 yrs 100,000 miles Acura Warranty)

I think this is the best deal in entire USA
  • prchohanprchohan Member Posts: 10
    Congrats tennesseeman, this is a really good deal. I got mine (same car and in Chicago area) for $33099 including destination so we are pretty close. Isn't the Acura warranty 7 year / 70,000 miles? Or did you negotiate over the miles?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A large newspaper reporter is looking to speak to consumers who went from owning a luxury car (BMW, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, etc.) to a premium non-luxury vehicle recently. If you purchased the vehicle using the Cash for Clunkers program, please let me know as well. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to ctalati@edmunds.com by Wednesday, August 5.
  • omnimaxomnimax Member Posts: 2
    Newbie here, I'm getting a 36.9K drive-out (33.9K base) on 09 TL w/ Tech, tint, wheel locks in Austin, TX. Its definitely not the lowest I've seen on the forums but it seems pretty close. Is it still a good deal because the dealers around houston/dallas have rejected this offer? The 2010 models are coming out at the end of the month, do you guys think 09 pricing will get any better or will they give me a 2010 model for the same price if I wait till then? Looks like 2.9% financing ends 9/8. I really like this car so i'm trying to keep my emotions in check...

Thanks in advance and this forum and the users who support it has proven to be invaluable!
    It is 4 yrs 50,000 OR you can buy extended 7 yrs 100,000 miles :-) so I got a good deal. Original price for that deal is $2250 as per the dealer. And this is basically a extended warranty given by ACURA and is bumper to bumper but just an extension to the current 4 yrs 50,000
  • acurafan11acurafan11 Member Posts: 5
    Guys

I just stepped on this forum today and boy am I glad! I have decided to pick up a 2009 TL SH-AWD with Tech Pkg at $36771. After reading through the forums, I think its a great price. What do you guys think? Its in Los Angeles.

They are also ready ti add parking sensors to the car on house. All other offers I received were close to 38000 and no body was ready to come down to 37000. Looks like I dont need to make a counter offer on this one. Any suggestions?
    Take it and run- I got $38,072, $39,122, $38,500 and $38,000.
    If I had your deal (which is basically the holdback and the rebate) I would not hesitate to sign the check over.
  • joeadmjoeadm Member Posts: 2
    This forum has benifitted me and hence wanted to share info about a TL tech FWD I purchased last week on Long Island, NY. The car looks and runs great. I got the Borelais blue exterior with Taupe interior. Selling price was 34430+taxes+doc fee+accessories.Total OTD came upto 38K.No complains, its a fantastic car.
  • nkbuynkbuy Member Posts: 25
    I would second that. I was able to negotiate it down to 37000(without sensors) but asked for the accessories in the bay area.
  • ChasboyChasboy Member Posts: 186
    I paid $35999 without tech but before TTL here in NJ. Out the door was $38995. Seems like a good deal.
  • claweaveclaweave Member Posts: 25
    Care to tell me what dealership? I'm in Indiana and am having a difficult time finding any dealership willing to negotiate at all!
  • vivalasvegasvivalasvegas Member Posts: 4
    Acurafan11,
    Please let me know what dealer offered you this deal.
    I would drive for that kind of pricing.

Thanks!
  • billanovabillanova Member Posts: 3
    I am in the market for a 2009 base TL. A dealer has offered the TL, including dealer fees for $32,800 plus TTL. He is including the protection package and a lifetime powertrain warranty (engine, transmission & drive axles) for as long as I own the vehicle (he says a $1,900 value).

He also said that the 2009 TL's are not being produced anymore (10 weeks ago) and that this is the last 2009 TL he has. He says the 2010's won't be out until December. He implies he won't negotiate because of this. Is this a good price? Or should I keep shopping around?
  • jr1976jr1976 Member Posts: 3
    I got one out the door (tax, title, fees, etc.) for $32,000. I don't think you really need a powertrain warranty for an Acura.
    Thanks for the quick response. Did you get the $32k price recently, or was it during the $2k dealer incentive time period?
  • omnimaxomnimax Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the market for a 09 TL tech and I got an offer for $33,800 + TTL in houston so you might be able to do better on a base if you are willing to forgo the warranty. Also, dealers in texas that I've spoken to are saying the 2010 TLs are coming in sept.
    Last of the 09's??? OMG!! What a shame!! :P
    It's not like you all of a sudden have a deal on the last Duesenberg made for 25 bucks!!!!!
    This guy is a typical car salesman crybaby doom and gloomer. Ignore all of his crap and get a better deal somewhere else.
  • mel88hrmanmel88hrman Member Posts: 7
    What dealership did you get this? I would drive for that.
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    $32,000, plus TTL is the lowest price I received in the Chicago area. If you will keep the car beyond the original new car warranty period the extended warranty if it's Acura Care and protection package is not a bad price for the $800.00. Search the dealership website for his actual inventory. If you need to move on it , offer him $400.00 in lieu of $600.00 and wait. Rember Acura sales are down 34% YTD through July.
    The extended warranty is not provided by Honda. It is provided by a company called JM&A Group. Does anyone know anything about them?
  • acurafan11acurafan11 Member Posts: 5
    The dealership is Thomas Acura in west covina in LA area. Go to fleet sales directly.

BTW, another dealership is ready to beat this price as well. I will post the details if I can make that deal.
  • abramaabrama Member Posts: 6
    Acurafan11, please let me know the dealer and I am willing to buy also a SH-AWD with Tech.
  • acurapriceacuraprice Member Posts: 91
    Looking to get pre-approved this morning on acura.com and there were no offers available on TL's, only on TSX's. Am I missing something? A dealer told me yesterday that 2.9% was good until September. Anyone know where to get pre-approved? Links? Thanks
  • acurapriceacuraprice Member Posts: 91
    Never mind. I found it through the build and price link. 2.9% good until 9-8-2009
  • lars1281lars1281 Member Posts: 36
    Folks:
    Fyi.. SUburban Philadelphia.. Montgomeryville Acura...

vehicle price 30450
    less trade-in value 8700 2004 honda accord ex-v6 63,100 miles
    Total Taxable Amt 21750
    Sales Tax (PA) 1305
    PA Tire Tax 5
    Doc Fee 100
    Reg Fee 47.65
    Total 23207.65
    Deposit 1500
    Amt. Financed 21707.65
    Rate 4.99%
    Term 60 months
    Monthly Payment 410.39
  • claweaveclaweave Member Posts: 25
    Couldn't you have gotten a 2009 that looks better, is 1 year newer, and probably better options/functions, close to 0 miles for like $60 more a month?
  • tgk111tgk111 Member Posts: 3
    Thoughts on on 09 FWD with Technology:

34,600, plus tax and tags. The dealer was 'nice enough' to throw in that rip off protection package. Seems like it is relatively fair, or at least within a couple hundred of bucks of where it should be.

Philadelphia Market...
  • satfornsatforn Member Posts: 9
    I had good success at Montgomeryville Acura for about $600 less than that price (same exact car with the protection package). Send me an email to my profile address. I can hook you up w the sales rep...he REALLY did a nice job.
  • ak528ak528 Member Posts: 3
    Hey,

Could I get the salespersons name from Montgomeryville? I guess you got it for $34K which included destination?? He also threw in the protection package at that price or was it additional?
  • tgk111tgk111 Member Posts: 3
    Yes, that would be great for me as well. I could not pull your email from the profile page.
    34K including destination & wonderful protection package. I think I was able to get my e-mail address to show up in my profile.
    e-mail addy should be in my profile now...I had to go change a few security issues.
    Muller's Woodfield Acura in Hoffman estates. Enjoy

TL Tech 09 --> $32,600 + $760 destination + $1200 for 7 yr 100,000 miles warranty by ACURA :-)

Total price before tax --> $33,360 + $1200 for extended warranty
  • feenagledfeenagled Member Posts: 5
    Wow, what a great price. From tracking the posts, it looks as if folks have been able to get $6000-6,200 off of MSRP. Has anyone had any luck with dealers close to western Pennsylvania? If not, I may be calling the dealers in Illinois!
  • joe767joe767 Member Posts: 10
    Call Lehigh Valley Acura I got my TL w/ Tech on July 2nd with 5600 off MSRP. Talk to Bill Cosman he was my salesman. Best experience I've had buying a car.
    Joe
  • drewsbudrewsbu Member Posts: 2
    This dealership has a 2005 tl basic no nav and they want $20,795. Its black and has 34,700 miles. It seems a bit high for a 5yr old car. I called the dealer and asked if this was neg. and she said it is but they will not come down thousands of dollars. I was thinking about $17,500 seemed like a good offer, but I know they won't take it.

What do you guys think?
  • tempo68tempo68 Member Posts: 2
    I'm thinking I can do better but I here it is.

TL Tech 09 --> $35,710 + tax + title

Sounds high to me. What do you guys think? I'm on Long Island, NY.
  • gsat1gsat1 Member Posts: 1
    Can you update on the price you paid ? , i am looking for good deal on 2009 TL with tech in LA/socal OR SF/Bayarea.
    Finally pulled the plug and brought home the TL Tech AWD Monday night.
    White Diamond Pearl (Ebony Interior)- Gorgeaous Car, lots of space, nice tech features (have to read the manual to get a full understanding of some of these features).

Purchase Price-$38,072
    Billy!! Congrats!!! Same color as mine outside! It's great to wash and wax! You will love the car. I still can't wait to drive it each day. :D
    Agree- I just ordered my Zaino products (only products that I use) because I used up the last on my wife's 04 Accord.Currently the dealers cheap wax is on the car, I have to dawn wash that off and apply my products (no claying until next Spring).

Happy motoring Chas.
  • akadmonakadmon Member Posts: 4
    Does the TMV reflect the $2000 manufacturer to dealer incentive, or can I deduct it from the TMV? I made an offer for $33K on TL Tech, roughly about $2K under the TMV, and was rejected by 2 dealers, both of whom said the TMV already includes the incentive.
    Andy
    Billy, you use Zaino!!? So do I, I've talked to Sal Zaino a couple of times. They are located about an hour from me now. So you just use Zaino and don't keep trying other products? Most of us 'car waxers' are so fickle. A friend of mine in the local Corvette club said most of the members use it. :D
    Compared to new 09 TL Tech. $6300 more for the 09. Not worth it to me.
    I've bought from Montgomeryville Nissan and Montgomeryville Acura recently. Like both dealerships. Professional and no BS/hard sell.
  • akadmonakadmon Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a new 2009 TL Tech for $34K (tax and registration) from Acura of Boston. I think I might have squeezed a couple hundred more out of them, but no one else even came close (best other offer was $34.9K) If you can wait another month, Acura may increase the dealer incentive by an additional $1000 in anticipation of the 2010s coming in October, and there seems to be still 10-20 2009 TLs left at most good size dealers at this time. I had to get the car before the end of August.
  • acuratl126acuratl126 Member Posts: 1
    Billy, nice deal, just closed myself Thursday on a Tech TL AWD Silver/Black for $37,000 at Acura of Milford, went right in, made my offer and they accepted. I asked the sales guy why they took the deal as I thought they wouldn't, he said new managment there is being very aggressive and if your ready to buy they'll make the deal happen.

Very easy buying experience, no hassle, I am picking up the last day of the month.
    Nice job. Milford, Ct? Good to see activity near home!!
  • acura7acura7 Member Posts: 9
    Was the price paid of $37,000 an OTD (out the door) price including all taxes and fees?

Thanks

Al