Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• a4s2000a4s2000 Member Posts: 9
    I guess I did OK then, as I got an additional $500 off with their $1000 coupon (I broke the rules by presenting it after their offer, not before). So "car price" was $34,195 including dest. TTL extra of course. Got a decent price on the trade, and got 2.9 for 5 years. So overall I'm very happy.
  • jac1304jac1304 Member Posts: 33
    Where do you get the coupons? Looking for awd with tech in pacific northwest.
    Thanks
  • a4s2000a4s2000 Member Posts: 9
    It came in the mail directly from the dealership not Acura. The salesman took me to the warehouse where they keep new inventory to view the various colors. There were over 100 cars there, on top of the 50 or so in the lot. So I guess they did this special promotion to move inventory.
  • markdallasmarkdallas Member Posts: 12
    I have not had a chance to read all of the most recent posts but I am in the market for the above noted TL and was offered $38,800 + TTL with 1.9% for 60 months today. There was no mention of the $2250 dealer cash and I am not currently driving an Acura so I assume the $1000 does not apply. I simply walked in for a quick test drive. Left 20 minutes later without discussing price. An hour later the above offer was emailed to me. I have to assume that if that is the first offer then I could do better or maybe not? Your input is appreciated.
    Last offer I had was 39,000 AWD/Tech with Pacific Northwest Package (549.00) without HPT.
  • feisarfeisar Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2010
    Excited to drive home in a new Grigio Metallic/Taupe - 2010 TL SH-AWD w/Tech:

MSRP: $43,195
    Negotiated Price: $37,000 + TTL (Approx $2200)

Terms: 3yrs, 10K/yr - $481/month
    Residual: 56%
    Money Factor (Northern VA): 0.00205

Deal included $2250 incentive and lease promotion:
    $0 first month's payment, $0 down payment, $0 due at lease signing
    35 total payments, Acura paid first month's payment.
    $2200 total out of pocket for TTL.

Overall very happy with the deal and the car.
  • larrys8larrys8 Member Posts: 36
    Wow, that sounds like a pretty good deal. I am considering leasing the same car. except 36 mo/ 15 k a year. With 5K (all included) at signing (its actually the equity I have in my current car), and paying 450 a month (tax included).

I think you made out pretty darn good. I like that color combo and am considering that or the Mayan Bronze with umber interior.

Enjoy
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    Are you sure about that monthly payment on a Negotiated price of 37K with only 2,200 out of pocket? That seems real low with all the factors involve- that interest rate is almost 5%.
    edited March 2010
    I inquired on the March lease rates for Northern Virginia in the Acura TL Lease Questions thread and Car_Man provided the following information:

"Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech with 12,000 miles per year in Virginia are .00205 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. This factor drops slightly to .00195 if you choose to go with Acura's Sign & Drive offer."

I do agree that money factor for Virginia is pretty high. But total out of pocket was $2229 and change.

I did a rough evaluation of the lease figures with Lease Kit and the monthly payment figures were inline with the deal negotiated.
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    You are absolutely right- The fact that you are only using 10k miles makes a difference in the calculation.
  • kel2010kel2010 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2010
    What's the best price seen recently on a TL 2WD Tech w/ 18 in. wheel package?

I'm considering offering $34,000 prior to TTL. Any advice?
  • winston18winston18 Member Posts: 10
    This would be a good deal w/o the 18 in tires.
    They cost 1k extra. I would skip the tires.
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    I can't say about the price but personally I would get the 18' wheel package for the 1k. It makes the car look totally different. Probably those Michelins on the vehicle itself are probably near 1k alone. The main thing holding me up on this vehicle is the lack of rear fold down seats. I go biking alot and will NOT be willing to put a bike rack on a brand new car and scratch it up.
  • laderakingladeraking Member Posts: 69
    2010 TL -TECH
    36month
    MSRP: $39,645
    Selling price $33,437 (i think its about 2500 under invoice)
    Total drive offs of $ 973.90 (first month and other fees)
    Monthly $ 407.55 plus tax totaling $ 443.21

Input greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
  • tatseatatsea Member Posts: 17
    were you offered this price for a Base TL with Tech only or did it include the 18" wheels?
    Tech only...what do you think?
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Do you have a trade-in? What kind of other fees (like doc fees) are involved?
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • hoothoot Member Posts: 7
    I would like feed back on this offer.

4500 due at signing.
    3 yr 10 k/yr $289.00 includes tax
    or
    2yr, 3 mo 10k $289.00 includes tax
    at the end of 2yr 3 mo lease have option of extending monthly at $289.00

2010 TL basic
    I"m in fl.
    Thanks
    Rich
  • hoothoot Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2010
    No trade in. All fees included in the $4500.
  • scottyg1234scottyg1234 Member Posts: 25
    I got the following deal on Long Island

36 months 12K
    $509 per month only 35 payments
    Dealer made the 1st payment
    Total due at signing was $701.50
    Dealer made 1st pmt......(509.00)
    Total out of pocket.........$192.50
    all fees are in the 965.00 no trade in
    Feisar,

Where did you buy from? Thats one heck of a deal!
    laderaking.....I think some of these lease deals are really good, including yours.

However, since in a lease, the fees aren't refundable at lease turn in, you kind of have to add those to the negotiated price. So, in your case, you negotiated $33, 437. Backing out the $407 first month payment included, you have a difference of $566. Add that to the $33,437, and the price looks like about $34,000 and change. Again, nice deal.

I'd roll with it.
  • kaliforniakkaliforniak Member Posts: 51
    Tustin Acura here at SoCal is offering 1.9% + $5000 off MSRP on any TL. They have about 20-25 on the lot and they are having a difficult time moving them. TSXes are selling well. They only have 4 or 5 left on the lot. Go and ask for Wolos.
  • java5java5 Member Posts: 18
    Bought new 2010 TL-TECH-18"WHEELS- GRIGGIO WITH BLACK INTERIOR
    MSRP- 40645.00+ TINT(295.00)+WHEEL LOCKS(195.00)= 41,135.00
    PAID -34350.00 including destination, window tinting, wheel locks
    DISCOUNT-6785.00
    FINACE -1.9% FOR 60 MONTHS
    LOCATION- HOUSTON, TX
    DEALERSHIP- CAHMPIONS ACURA
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    I have to compliment you on a very informative "prices paid" post. Wish everyone would provide exactly the info you did.
    Kenny,

Sorry for the delay in responding, been traveling. Purchased the vehicle from Pohanka Acura in Chantilly VA.
  • mermarmermar Member Posts: 1
    Anybody getting any deals on a 6mt? I assume I should get the same price as the auto - but there are fewer around so perhaps dealers are not as aggressive in moving them. So far the offer to me is $39,156. (with 18" wheels). Would like the 19's but fear it will hurt the ride.
    I am in the midwest. THANKS!
    Does anyone have any info for the rebates for April??
  • jet18jet18 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your post. I think you got a great deal!
  • winston18winston18 Member Posts: 10
    In Illinois- 2250 dealer cash + 1.9% financing
    Anyone have bought recently AWD/Tech, looking for how much under invoice with the 2250 off. Seems like lots of inventory on dealer lots.
    Depends on what part of the country you're in. On either coast, it seems that the competition is greater. I'm in OH. I looked in my home state, in KY, in IN and as far away as Chicago.

Being careful to note things like doc fees, dealer installed options, etc., seems like $38K gets a deal done, including all fees, but not including tax and license. That's around here, though.

I know I've seen some posts where people have bought under $38K, but we don't know if there was a trade-in (where the dealer can shift profit from the TL to the trade). Or, there's a $300, $400, I've seen as high as $800 doc fees that the dealer tacked onto the deal.
  • juiced89juiced89 Member Posts: 4
    I have an 07 TL/w Technology Package with 25K miles on a 36K mile lease which is up the 1st of July, I'm looking for the current money factor and residual lease figures for CT. Any info you guys have is greatly appreciate.

Thanks
  • extremeaudiextremeaudi Member Posts: 13
    I am looking to purchase a 2007 TL Type S (AT). I found one but I'm not sure if it's a good deal @ $24K. The car has 48K miles & is in excellent condition. Any ideas as to what price I should expect to pay?

Thanks!
  • krnblixxkrnblixx Member Posts: 2
    Bought a 2010 Acura TL Basic for 31K which included the TTL....
    Open road acura in nj
    thought i got a good deal what you guys think?
  • mcossimcossi Member Posts: 12
    This sounds like a good deal since you're $1,000 plus under the Edmunds True Market Value. Did they kick back the "Marketing Support"? I saw that it went down from $2,250 to $1,750. Can they change that mid-month?
  • slc_rookieslc_rookie Member Posts: 1
    Wait... $31k INCLUDING TTL? This was for a NEW 2010? That would truly be a phenomenal deal for a new vehicle... so your base price (incl. dest.) was mid-high $28k? I see two Open Road Acura dealerships in NJ-- which one did you go to and who was your salesman?
    Purchase price : was 38,299 with Pacific Northwest package. This includes all weather floor mats, wheel locks, truck mat and splash guards. Paid 1,020 dollars for the 7 year 100,000 mile Acura Care Warranty. I live 30 minutes north of seattle and purchased the vehicle in Oregon. They did a dealer trade, salesman took the train up, picked up the car and met me to sign documents and he then took the train back after going over the car.

This was the best buying experience I have ever had.

This price doesn't include washington sales tax, but for those that are buying in Washington check you tax rate at your residence. I didn't realize until looking mine was 8.00 % vs. 9.8% at all the Acura dealerships in the area. 1.8% difference worked out to a savings of 711 dollars.

Additionally, the closest I could get one to give me a quote was 39,000 dollars, (with PNW package). So the saving was roughly 1450 dollars to buy in Oregon.

And on the warranty they originally tried to sell it to me for the 2,045 dollars and the finance person asked why I didn't want to buy it? I said I could get it online for a lot cheaper. Wanted to know if this was an Acura Care product? I said yes and named the dealership. She said I will get back to you, then lowered the price to 1,020 dollars. No games, again best price I could find and whole deal done over the phone.

Any questions, be happy to answer or give information.

I want to thank everyone who posts it has really helped in this buying and research process.
  • sarayalesarayale Member Posts: 15
    I can get an Acura TL Tech for $34,200. This price includes destination and documentation. It does not include sales tax, motor vehicle fees, and a NJ tire tax. I will also get an extra $1500 deducted off of that price from Acura due to a promotion from Acura because I am coming out of an Acura lease.

In addtion, Acura (not the dealer) will absorb half of the cost of my overeage of the miles and I also got Acura to waive $400 of damage off my lease return. I am ready to take this offer in a day or two. I am in NJ, let me know if this is a good price and I hope this info helps someone.
  • sarayalesarayale Member Posts: 15
    This sounds very cheap. Was a trade in involved? Are you sure this included taxes? I find it hard to believe.
  • 96accord96accord Member Posts: 20
    That number in my opinion is too high and no matter what the dealer says thats way too high for 3 year old car 48 k miles. If you go to KBB that probably the value on online but in my opinion used TL's have inflated value due to low numbers that were sold or the dealers trying to control the market for used cars. Pricing on used TL's don't make sense.
  • extremeaudiextremeaudi Member Posts: 13
    I couldn't agree w/you more! I, too, think that the price is quite inflated but every single S I find seems to be in the same price range (most are priced higher). The KBB price showed $26k as being dealer retail. If you go by that, I guess I'd be getting a slight discount! I am aware that Acura/Honda vehicles are praised for holding their values but this seems a bit too much! I would like to get my hands on one but, at the same time, I don't want to overpay. I guess I was hoping that car dealers would be sensitive to the economy & be willing/able to negotiate on these vehicles. Only one of the dealers I've spoken with will budge on the price (even they were reluctant to negotiate). I wonder if dealers are just not discounting used cars like they had in the past because they want to move more new inventory & therefore put more cash into trades, etc. I am at a loss but will continue to search for the right deal on that Type S.
  • smitty1krrsmitty1krr Member Posts: 19
    Used values are still up, mostly due to the relationship of less new sales resulting in fewer trades/less supply of used vehicles.

The time to buy used is not now. You may see a change here shortly though. The March retail sales numbers were released today. It's the first month in years that new car sales boosted the number intead of dragging it down.
  • rob85rob85 Member Posts: 8
    I have a acura TL with gps 2007 and 15,000 miles. What is this car worth - I am looking to either buy a new or lease a new TL.
    Thanks
  • krnblixxkrnblixx Member Posts: 2
    yes, they were very willing for i was paying by cash and i would pick it up the same day. I believe I got a really good price:)
    I can't seem to get dealers here in Southern Ca to do a 0 down deal. Does Acura have a rule or something? They say they have to have first month and registration...I know other brands are letting me roll all of it into the monthly.

Any insight?

Thanks
  • wolfpack07wolfpack07 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Jac,

Congrats on your new car. Can you share the names of both the dealerships that agreed to the extended warranty for $1020?

Thanks and happy riding!
    Saccucci Honda is the internet way to go.
  • emerxgtremerxgtr Member Posts: 6
    Just got mine. 6MT with 19" wheels. $38,850 before tax + tag. In FL so don't know how the Midwest differs. Drove both the 18's and 19's and didn't notice much of a difference and the 19's look SO much better! Hope this helps. Good luck!