Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• iowahawkalum1iowahawkalum1 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a new 2010 Acura TL with technology package and 18 inch wheels for $34,399. That included destination, wheel locks, and vin etching. Tax, title, etc.. was extra. I also received 1.9% financing as well. The car was purchased from the Chicagoland area. There was a trade involved and I got a fair price according to Kelly Blue Book. I've had the TL for a week and it is one fine ride. It's like you are in the cockpit of a jet. The dealer I went to was terrific unlike some others I visited. Just do your homework before you go in and you'll walk away with a pretty good deal.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    What dealership in Chicagoland?
    McGrath Acura in Morton Grove. They were outstanding. No pressure to buy and were top notch to deal with. It was a great buying experience...
  • mcossimcossi Member Posts: 12
    Great job, Iowahawk! I was there two weeks ago for a test drive. Gonna call them and see what deal I can get.
    One question - is the $34,399 price of the TL inclusive of the trade-in value or was the number you ended up paying actually even lower after the trade-in value is taken into consideration?
  • dg4dg4 Member Posts: 19
    iowahawkalum1
    Does $34399 include your trade-in value? Did you pay any additional documentation fee on top of this?
    Any other fees?
  • pghkiddpghkidd Member Posts: 1
    I just leased my second TL from Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, Maryland. My salesman is Steve Shager. He, and the dealership have been amazing. I was in a few weeks ago with my 2008 TL. They were correcting an issue, (at no cost), with the body side molding. I was also having issues with my blu-tooth hook up with my cell phone. Steve was more than helpful with helping me fix the issue. In talking with him, I found out Acura had a number of deals going on the TL's. Told him thanks, but my lease is over in November. He planted the seed though, because I came out the next weekend to see what kind of damage I could do leasing a new TL and getting out of my current TL lease. 2 hours later, I was driving out with my new TL with Tech package. I paid $1500 up front, (didn't even cover taxes), and drove out with a 36 month/36,000 lease for $484 a month. Don't know if that is good, but I am very happy. It is the best car I have ever owned. The shovel front grill is actually growing on me, even though I explored the dealer's chrome mesh grill also.

Rosenthal Acura and Steve Shager have given me the best auto shopping experience I have ever gone through.
    $34,399 included destination, but I paid tax, title, etc... I did have a trade in... I went to three dealers and McGrath offered me the highest amount for my trade in which actually was a good price according to Kelly Blue Book. They offered much more then CarMax. I could have haggled at a few other dealers, to save another hundred, but I was very happy with the no non sense attitude that McGrath had. If you factor in what the other dealers offered then I am ahead in my book.

My 18 inch wheels look sharp and I couldn't be happier with the car. The audio from the car is incredible. The tech package has hundreds of commands. It's just a fun car to drive. The only down side is that with any new car it's probably more expensive to insure then what you traded in.
    Still not clear. Is trade-in included in $34,399? Was actual value paid by you lower than $34,399?
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    iowa....I think what everyone's asking for are the details of your deal.

-what did you trade in, miles, condition etc? What number did the dealer give you for it?
    -what did the dealer sell you the TL for? What were the doc fees? Any other add-ons?

Those facts will give everyone a bit of insight as to the deal.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • kru15kru15 Member Posts: 3
    I just got a price quote for 2010 Acura TL Tech 18inch Black in stock for 34830$ before Tax, Title & Licensing, they will try to through in all weather floor mats, splash gaurds and other stuff, i think also free car washes when ever you like it.
    also 1.9% for 36 months and 2.9% for 48 to 60 months which is usual with all acura deals now.

Is it a good price? :)
    Why won't they extend the 1.9% to 60 months? That deal is good until Monday. I'm being offered a similar deal in Chicago but with 1.9% for 60 months.
    Is it TL tech FWD-with Tech?
  • kru15kru15 Member Posts: 3
    This is TL with Technology Package and 18-inch wheels
  • rwheilerrwheiler Member Posts: 15
    Thats about invoice minus the $ 2250 dealer cash.($37,000 - $2250 = 34750)..looks pretty good unless you think they'll sell lower than invoice...let us know
    Who is the sales person at carland? I can also go there and ask for same deal
  • rcoketguyrcoketguy Member Posts: 13
    Financing incentives are regional. 1.9% for 60 months in only in selected markets. Here in Central Florida it's only 2.9% for 60 months. Which I hope to take advantage of tomorrow.
  • wolfpack07wolfpack07 Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2010
    Hi All,

Bought New 2010 Acura TL Tech FWD for $33,200 in Southern California. Didn't get any accessories (interior or exterior) for free... neither did I bargain.... So had to pay extra for splash guards, all weather mats and trunk tray.

Price: $33,200
    Taxes: $2900 (8.75%)
    Registration & License: ~ $475
    Extended Warranty (7yr/100K mi): $1550

OTD Price: ~ $38200

Got 1.9% for 60 months. No trade-in, just some down-payment.

Thanks a lot to the guys in this forum. You have been awesome.

PS: I got below accessories at sale price:

Splash Guards - $129 including labor
    All weather mats - $85
    Trunk tray - $90
  • chlomaddadchlomaddad Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Been lurking for a while and wanted to give back...my deal:

$37707 cap cost, $595 acq fee, 53% residual, .00177 MF, 36 mo, 15K per, .20 overage fee = $536 per month (not including taxes). $589 per month (inc 10% per month PA lease tax).

Drive off was first month payment plus $150 dealer doc fee.

Trade not factored into above...I took a check.

Love the car so far but bluetooth audio not working when i try streaming pandora from bberry...i'll try again tomorrow.
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    Let me know if you figured it- Blackberry radio and bluetooth hook up.
    I tried once and it did not work.
  • chlomaddadchlomaddad Member Posts: 2
    I figured it out from Pandora...go to 'options' in the pandora app on the blackberry and make sure that bluetooth is enabled. Worked like a charm.
  • tbittbit Member Posts: 1
    Wolfpack07,

I also live in S. CA (Los Angeles) and I am also shopping for New 2010 Acura TL Tech FWD. Please let me know which dealership you bought the car. I would like to buy the same package from them.

Thank you.

Tbit
  • wolfpack07wolfpack07 Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2010
    DCH Tustin Acura... All the best for your car purchase...

Btwn.. I got the floor mates and trunk tray somewhere else.
    billy....sometimes it takes a minute or two for the stereo to connect to your blue tooth device. But, mine works like a charm. I have an iPhone, but that shouldn't make any difference. Matter of fact, most of my listening while driving is either Pandora, or my iTunes streamed via blue tooth. Love that feature. Just leave my iPhone in my pocket (unless I need to charge it....then I hook it up via the cable).
    Thanks guys- I guess I was not patient enought when I tried it the first time, I will try again this evening.Also, it does not have to be Panadora, it can be any of those free radio that BB offers-right?
  • wbenedictwbenedict Member Posts: 27
    Does anyone know if the $2,250 incentive for TL Tech is continuing in May?
    Just picked mine up from Napleton Acura in Elmhurst, IL last night. EASY transaction with no time wasted. See Ted Saras the Internet Sales Manager if you want a pain-free experience. Paid $34,560 + TTL. $2,250 Rebate was thrown in. Qualified for 1.9% APR for 60 mos. Wheel locks were thrown in. Car rides like a dream and I'll bet it will take me until Winter of this year to go through all the options included in the Tech Package. Good luck all!
  • njjimnjjim Member Posts: 4
    Hello mcossi,

I guess we can all assume, based on your deal and the date of your post that the $2250 marketing support is still in effect for the month of May.

OBTW, Good Deal!!
    :)

Jim in NJ
    I believe mcossi stated he picked up the car on 5/3 which was the day the 2250 was scheduled to end. However, I did receive a quote today from dealer which would indicate that the 2250 is still in play as of 5/4.

mcossi - that is a great deal. The best I have seen is about $1000 higher than you paid. Am I missing something?
    Thanks Jim. I negotiated the car on Friday, April 30th. They needed 24 hours to secure the car from antoher dealer, since they didn't have one with 18" wheels in stock. I couldn't get to the 'burbs on Sat. so my wife and I went on Monday night.

I don't know if the $2,250 is active in May, but I just received a message from one of the other dealers that I received quotes from and he mentions the APR going down to 0.9% for select Acura models. Dealer was fair and had NO problem faxing me a worksheet with ALL costs itemized before I went to their lot. I'm happy I bought from them because they're one of two Acura dealers in Chicago with Better Business Bureau accredidation. Gives me peace of mind.
    Wbenedict:

Thanks! The $34,560 is after the $2,250 is taken out and without the $810 destination charge. Sucks that I have to pay taxes on both of those amounts, but that's Illinois for ya. This dealer got right to the point. I had one clown tell me there was NO way I was getting that deal and the best he could do was sell me the car for his "cost" which was $38,800. That's over $1,000 more than what Edmunds' TMV price says the dealer invoice is. He also assumed I knew nothing about the special APR or the $2,250 rebate. I wasn't going to do the typical dance with him, so I cut him out. Can't wait for his Sales Manager to call me. Had another guy quote me $33,800, insisting it included 18" wheels. When pushed for a worksheet of the itemized costs, he apologized and admitted to having been "confused" by all of our e-mails. The actual price was $34,800. Had to cut this clown out too. Do your research, use all the Edmunds tools. I really didn't think this process was going to be so easy.
    Ah, that makes more sense now. Best quote I received was 35,150 including destination and after the 2250 so pretty close to your deal. I didn't jump on this offer at the end of April as my existing TL lease doesn't expire until the end of May and I took a chance that I could get the same deal in May and avoid have 2 cars and 2 payments for a month.

Still waiting to verify that the money factor and residuals are still the same this month but I've confirmed the manfucturer to dealer incentive and the 1500 lease loyalty are still available.
    billy, I've used Pandora. But, I've also streamed music via blue tooth from the stored tracks I have on my iPhone. I'm making an assumption it's the same on a BB.
    I should have reported back- I actually got it going, I use the "IHEART" radio through BB.
    Its kind of strange, when I first bought the car it did not work and yesterday when I did the hook up again it worked-strange.Do you subscribe to real time weather and traffic-if yes, what's the monthly cost for that?
    billy...glad you got it working.

I'm still on my 90-day trial subscription. So, not sure of the cost for weather or traffic. Only saw one traffic "warning" come up when I had keyed in a destination last week. But, I can see its worth if I traveled the same route everyday, or if I'm in an unfamiliar area.

I'll decide if I'll renew once my trial period is up. As of now, I don't listen to much XM. I mostly stream music from my iphone, or listen to my little collection of DVD-A disks (which sound awesome, BTW.
  • java5java5 Member Posts: 18
    can you guys discuss this on other thread this buying experience thread and prices paid not about phones and blue tooth
  • zorro16zorro16 Member Posts: 31
    mcossi,i agree with you about the napleton acura and the sales manager Ted saras. this sales person gave me the cheapest quote back in last september when they are running out of the 09 models.he never haggles on the phone like other people do.shoot him an email, he will reply back to you promptly
  • murphy24murphy24 Member Posts: 16
    I posted this in the Lease section but there has been no reply for days now. I hope everything is ok.
    Anyway I'm at the end of my current lease so I'm trying to finalize some
    Numbers and finish this deal up.
    I'm in the process of getting quoted on a 3 year lease on a TL Tech 18" rims and I'd like some input.
    My first quote came in at $556 (way too much)
    I got my second quote in today and it goes as follows:
    TL w/Tech and 18" Wheels
    $520 a month for 3 years
    12k miles per year
    $1500 down for first months payment title plates etc.
    He's also willing to cut me a check for the last payment on my current lease for $560.
    I'm wondering should I try and use this guys quote to get the other two dealerships to lower their price? or should I go for it? I'm seeing here that there is a dealer incentive now for $2200 bucks so I'm thinking I can get this down a lot lower.
    What do you guys think?
    Help me to understand- you are currently paying $560 on your current lease and a dealer quoted you $556 for a new lease and that's way too much?
  • murphy24murphy24 Member Posts: 16
    Thats correct billyperks2. For some personal reasons, I'm trying to lower my monthly car payments. I was ready to sign for one in 07 but the dealer pulled a bait and switch on me. Fortunately, It looks like the deals and dealerships are better this time around. Plus I like the styling of the new TL's way better that the Lex ES350 I have now....
    BTW I got a new quote from the same dealership. $497 per month $1800 up front
    for first month, plates, tax and cap cost reduction ($350 for down payment)
    this looks to be the best quote I've gotten so far. Plus the salesman from this dealership was the only one willing to break out all the numbers for me and email them all.
    What do you think?
  • sunbu95sunbu95 Member Posts: 17
    Here's what I agreed to at Matthews Acura in Marion Ohio (great sales guy, Don), after mucho research on this forum. Thanks guys.

TL SH-AWD Tech, (no 19 wheels! those tires no go in snow!)

List 43195, minus $5000 and throw in all season mats. Plus 280 or so in
    title fees, plus tax. Oh, and gimme that 0.9 apr for 36 months.

No trade, no coupons no lease.

FYI, the original offer was also for lease. This is just the first
    offer from the dealer: 3 year 12 K. $5000 due, 462 per month includes
    6.75% tax.

I asked for both quotes, but I loved the TL so much I want to own it.

Jim in Ohio. I will be back here! if the deal closes any different
    next week. They are building me one in nearby Marysville, Ohio
    I cannot give an opinion because I did not lease, so I dont know the variables (money factor, residual cap-cost etc etc) involved to render an opinion. I leased a(Mazda Millennia) back in 99 when I graudated college, I wanted to keep the car but Mazda did not want to reduce the residual at lease end so I walked away-never again will I lease. All I can say is develop a spread sheet and plug the numbers to get the best deal possible-Good Luck.
  • neilmanneilman Member Posts: 42
    Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace the front grill and rear trim on the vehicle? I'd like to get the new dark chrome grill and matching rear trim...and the dealer is asking for $180 to install...saying the work is not simple as the bumper/s need to be removed first.

I saw a video on youtube showing the 09 tl grill replacement and it took them 5 minutes to remove it without removing the front bumper. I don't know about the rear trim though. Also, is there any place to get the accessories cheaper? The dealer is asking $470 for both pieces (without the installation). They are willing to work with me to discount it...so perhaps I can get it down to $400, but the installation cost seems excessive. Any advise / suggestions?

By the way I had my stock grill (and front bumper) covered with a clear bra and it turned out fantastic. The cheaper looking outer trim now has a nice gloss to it very closely matching the center piece. And I don't have to worry too much about bugs / stone chips messing up the grill.

Thanks!
    neilman....NO, you don't have to take off the bumpers to replace the grill and tail piece. I had it done (with the midnight chrome you're looking at). I think you can get the parts on line for about $250-$300. Takes about 45 minutes to remove the old pieces and replace with the new. So, if you're having the dealership do it, just figure an hour of their labor time.

I didn't do mine myself (but could have). I had the dealer do it as part of my deal.

If the dealer is telling you they have to take off the bumper, they aren't doing it right. You might want to buy the parts and have an independent body shop do it for you, if they're willing.

Looks really good with my White Diamond Pearl, BTW.
    Post a picture with this re-work-although I like my WDP the way it is, I might consider that cosmetic change if I like what I see.
    billy....I'm going to have to take some pics. It's been raining nearly every day since I bought mine. So, if it's half way decent this weekend, and I can get it cleaned up, I'll post some pics.
    This site has some nice pics of the sport grill and trim. It looks like regular chrome in daylight and supposedly turns dark at night. You have to scroll way down to see the pics.

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11695916&posted=1
    Ok- I thought the grille was a darker color, I actually saw one installed on a WDP at the dealer.I will keep my OEM grille, all compliments since nine months of ownership.
    It's actually bright chrome in daylight...hopefully you saw the right pics as the link shows some with the stock grill...look for the pics with the dark gray / black body colored cars. The very last pic at the bottom shows the chrome very clearly on a dark gray vehicle.

What it really does is convert the stock silver finish to a chrome finish more closely matching the rest of the bright chrome trim on the vehicle.

I found the actual installation instructions on the acura website...and the bumpers do need to be removed, so I feel the current quote I was given of $150 to install is fair. Now I just need to work on the price of the grill and rear trim...I am being offered $380...not much discount from the $410 on the acura website suggested price.

Thanks!
    Update:

Got the chrome grill / rear trim installed a few days ago...WOW...what a huge improvement! For anyone unhappy with the stock grill...or looking to really lift up the look of the car to the best it can be...I highly recommend this option. Got the parts down to $350 plus install at $150 for a total of $500 plus tax.

The chrome believe it or not actually tones down the whole grill as it blends with the rest of the chrome and also is a much much smoother transition / blend with the black paint. The old silver grill really stuck out and attracted way too much attention. I believe it would look as good on other body paint colors too.

The chrome grill gives it real class and more 'bling' at the same time! I am so glad I made the change. I will also get the clear bra installed on the grill.

Any questions...let me know...thanks!