Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    lyqlyq Member Posts: 5
    Really appreciate your reply. Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    tlguy5tlguy5 Member Posts: 8
    oh, and i did not have a trade in.

note, i think they removed the 2250 cash back incentive that was good through 9/7, so you may have a hard time getting the same deal now.
  • Options
    pequininapequinina Member Posts: 3
    i was offered $36,800 (first offer) for a 2010 acura tl awd tech pkg.....i'm thinking this is pretty good?? thoughts anyone?
  • Options
    billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    Wow- I paid 37.7K or a couple hundred more for a 2009 last summer.
  • Options
    justintljustintl Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a base TL from the wantaugh (NY) acura dealership for $32,000 + tax and tags for 60 months at .9% financing (No bank fees, etc.) The dealership was very professional. I think it was a good deal, anyone do better than me?
  • Options
    justintljustintl Member Posts: 2
    I just bought one at the wantaugh dealership in NY for 32k with 60 months financing at .9%. Let me know if you do better.

Thanks
  • Options
    travelmitravelmi Member Posts: 1
    Just took delivery of my TL Sept 8th. Paid $33,500 +860 + tax + fees for this. Got the 0.9% financing too,
  • Options
    m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Why do people post a good deal and not say what dealer they bought from? Prices vary regionally, please indicate what city and dealer you bought from as it would be very helpful to others.
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,434
    Island Acura - I bought my TSX from them last August. Good place to buy from.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    Thanks. Good luck with your wheels!
  • Options
    poykayilpoykayil Member Posts: 9
    did the 35,950 include destination?
  • Options
    poykayilpoykayil Member Posts: 9
    did the 35,950 include destination? nevermind, i read the BOLD txt. sry
  • Options
    n2muzicn2muzic Member Posts: 7
    Looking to replace my '04 TL with a new '10 TL -- base model. Anyone bought in So Cal recently? Wondering what prices are being paid by others and if I should just wait and get an '11? Thoughts?
  • Options
    kg32kg32 Member Posts: 8
    Which Trim level are you considering? There is very little difference between the '10 and '11 models. Considering that Acura is offering $2250 in dealer incentives and 0.9% financing on the '10, the price difference should be enough to make buying the '10 model very attractive.
  • Options
    Yes, am considering the base model TL or the TSX Tech. Currently have an '04 TL which I love, but would like a bit better gas mileage. Just not sure I will be happy with the TSX, so am looking at both, but leaning toward sticking with the TL.
  • Options
    faq1faq1 Member Posts: 2
    Trying to decide between a TL and G37. Coming from a 550 I'm not sure I want the front wheel drive. Anyway, I was told by two salesmen today that the $2250 is now $3000 for the 2010. The lease rates still suck compared to the G37s but the incentives net the same monthly payment so it's a wash.
  • Options
    A G37 is not only RWD, but is very BMW-like in it's road feel & handling abilities. Very balanced. Goes around corners almost like it is pivoting on an axis.

I've never driven a tl sh awd, but from whAt I've read, the fwd doesn't hamper it.

Good luck.

What happened to your 550i?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    ostrich001ostrich001 Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2010
    You are absolutely right - the G37 is very much like the 3 series in every way, including the lack of interior space. The TL SH-AWD is a huge improvement with its handling when comparing to the base TL - it is wonderful. After test driving both the G37X and the TL SH-AWD, I decided to go with the TL SH-AWD because its handling is comparable to the G37X (yes, it's like it's truly on rails esp. when cornering!!!), there is more interior space, and it is also less bland than the exterior styling of the G sedan. Yes, I love that bold and polarizing TL SH-AWD design :-)
  • Options
    Good point. The interior space on the Acura trumps the Infiniti. The G37 is smaller, def not as small as a 3er (IMO)

• Options
    luisja2000luisja2000 Member Posts: 14
    I have a 2010 TL SH-AWD and what I can say at this point it is to stay away from it. The car has been in the shop for over 45 days because a noise coming from the right and left pillards, where the front seat belts are. It appears it is an structural problem and after having a factory rep in town they decided not to do anything about it. The service manager told me that they started having more cars coming in with the same problem and they do not have a clue have to fix it, they were using mine as a platform for future repairs.

My advice is to buy something else until Acura addresses this if they do because this could affect the integrity of the car in case of an accident plus the noise it is so annoying that you will not enjoy your ride at all. The metallic noise will be on your left ear at all times.
  • Options
    I have the 2009 and it has beed bullet proof for 14 months-knock on wood.
  • Options
    ChasboyChasboy Member Posts: 186
    So has mine Billy. It's a great car and it does corner like it's on rails.
  • Options
    jazzgearjazzgear Member Posts: 12
    I will be buying one this weekend....I think I got a great price..

2010 TL SH-AWD TECH
    $35500 + Tax & Reg. Doc Fee

Will post dealer info once fully consumated
  • Options
    That's terrible. Not something I'd expect from Acura. The only noise my 2010 TSX makes is the key ring jiggling. Good luck to you. Keep us informed.

• Options
    Thats an incredible price for that trim level-I paid around 37.5K a year ago from the same dealer affiliated company.DCH I think is somehow affiliated with Greenwich. Be careful this is not a bait and switch.
  • Options
    Well yes, I was suspect of this...cause the car only has 1 mile on it. So I had a relative that lives in NY check it out, plus they faxed me a purchase order with the particulars, VIN#, etc. And, I asked that they take a photo of the Odometer reading..which they did. Plus all of the reviews I've found about DCH online are stellar.

In any case, I do have a local deal in place for $37,500....so if I get there and things change then I will walk and buy the one locally.
  • Options
    pavppavp Member Posts: 13
    Hey Jazz,

Can you post the dealer very eager for your info really looking for one. Will be the next customer to the dealer :)
  • Options
    pavppavp Member Posts: 13
    Hi,

Can you please tell who the dealer is ?

thanks
  • Options
    adamlee1975adamlee1975 Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up my new 2010 TL SH-AWD with Tech today for $36,386 + TTL. This was from Sussman Acura in Jenkintown, PA. They only have one or two SH-AWD with Tech left. I also got a quote for $36,750 + TTL at Montgomeryville Acura in Montgomeryville, PA and they still had a good amount of 2010s. I just wanted to post because this forum was a great help to me.
  • Options
    Congrats on your new TL! Enjoy.

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Yes I just picked up my brand new 2010 TL SH AWD TECH with only 4 miles...for $35500 + TAX Reg and some minor fees (http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html
  • Options
    lji1lji1 Member Posts: 37
    Which dealership was this? Is there any place on the net where there's proof of the $3000 dealer incentive?

Thanks!
  • Options
    zohan2zohan2 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to all that post on the board. I am currently in the market to purchase a 2010 TL Tech w/SH-AWD. I was quoted a price of 35900 + tax tag and title. This price did not include the destination charge of 860. When I renegotiate I plan on trying to have him include the Destination charge in the price. What do you guys think? Also, I'm looking to add the front, mid, and rear underbody kit. What is a fair price to pay for the kit? I was give a price of 1450. So the car total would be 38250 +ttl. What would be a good price with the underbody kit?

Thanks
  • Options
    If you read my post above, I just picked up the same car for $35,500 with the destination charge already included. Only thing I paid in addition to that was the taxes, doc fee of $75, and registration.

So while 35,800 looks good initially, you are getting screwed with the destination charge. DCH Heart Acura in NY is where I bought mine.

I'd offer $35,300 and then settle on the 35,500.....
  • Options
    overthisoverthis Member Posts: 11
    Is it a good deal for Philadelphia, PA area????

2010 TL FWD + Tech $33,503 (includes 3,000 dealer cash) then I will be using $1500 TL loyalty and taking the .9% financing.

Has anyone done better?? Please provide dealer name.
  • Options
    Wondering how you arrived at the $3000 dealer cash... Did the salesman tell you or was it some source on the net? Edmunds still shows $2250 dealer incentive.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    overthisoverthis Member Posts: 11
    Saw it a few times on previous posts...but my salesman actually told me about it, as did a few other dealers when I shopped around.
  • Options
    Many thanks!
  • Options
    zohan2zohan2 Member Posts: 3
    My sales associate verified the 3000 rebate. It may be by region but not sure.
  • Options
    The marketing support is $3000 now. Edmunds now shows the correct marketing support amount.
  • Options
    sharpaxesharpaxe Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2010
    Hi all,

I am in the market for a new TL base model 2010. Dealer quoted me for $29,800 plus tax (3.17%) and processing fees ($450) in Northern VA. The destination fee is included. OTD price is about $31,250. I am planning to come to the dealer to negotiate but not sure the lowest price that you guys recently could get.

The saleman never mentions about the dealer cashback ($3000). Should the quote I have already include this cashback?

What is the price I should be aiming at now?

Thanks
  • Options
    fkhanfkhan Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

This is a deal on a 2010 Acura TL + Tech. Can somebody help me and let me know if the deal is good or should I keep looking. This is from Arlington Acura in Palatine 1275 E. Dundee Road, Palatine, IL 60074

I would really appreciate if someone can tell me if this is a good quote. I also don't understand why a rebate would be taxable? Is this legitimate?

Sale Price: 32,500
    Destination: 860
    Total: 33,360
    Taxable Rebate: 3,000
    Total: 36,360
    EFF: 25
    Doc Fee: 154.38
    Total Taxable Amt. 36,539.38
    Bartlett Taxes X .0725
    Sales Tax: 2,649.10
    Total w/Taxes: 39,188.48
    Transfer of Plates 120.00
    Cook County New Car Tax 15.00
    Total before rebate:39,323.48
    Rebate -3,000
    Total OTD: 36,323.38

Thanks
  • Options
    Price looks good but the $3000 is marketing support to the dealer. The dealer has the choice of giving you all or none of the support. It is money from the manufacturer to the dealer to help the dealer sell the car. I know rebates from the manufacturer to the customer is taxable in IL but I'm not sure if the marketing support dollars are. In effect they are dollars for the dealer to lower the sale price of the car and sales tax is only supposed to be paid on the sale price. The computation for a hypothetical transaction involving a rebate would be as follows:

Sale Price: $35,000(taxable amount)
    8% sales tax on $35,000=$2800
    Total=$35,000+$2800=$37,800
    -$3000 rebate=$34,800 owed to dealer

With a manufacturer support money the transaction would look like this:

Sale Price: $32,000(dealer lowered his price by the man. support $)
    8% sales tax on $32,000=$2,560
    $34,560 owed to dealer
    You may want to question this and get a straight answer from someone that really knows.

I'm not an IL tax expert but for $240 it's worth a phone call or two.
  • Options
    fkhanfkhan Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the help and info. I will definitely question the dealer on this.
  • Options
    Just bought TL Tech pkg in Los Angeles. Paid 33,671 in Cerritos. Very positive experience.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Is it OTD price? If it is, it is a great deal.

I
  • Options
    They have about 10% sales tax in CA so I doubt that the price was out the door for the TL w/Tech pkg.
  • Options
    Ic, today I just got a TL base with tech pkg in Falls Church, VA for $33,400 OTD.

Dealership offers 4 years or 50k miles free oil change, free car wash and vacuum for any maintenance visit, and life time state inspection.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    What was the actual sale price of the vehicle without tax, title, doc fee, etc.? VA has very low sales tax on vehicles compared to many states. Chicago and LA areas are both about 9.5% or so. On a 31k sales price that would be about a two thousand dollar price difference. That's why "out the door" prices are almost useless on a national forum like this.

Just give us the actual price paid for the vehicle and where, we can figure the rest out. Also, if you really want to help out your other forum members that are looking to buy in your area, state the dealer as well. It's perfectly acceptable here.
  • Options
    cedewittcedewitt Member Posts: 3
    Yes please tell where in VA. I'm in the market. Trading in my 06 mdx on a tl now...