Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• swartelswartel Member Posts: 9
    Thanks
  • acura85acura85 Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

Where did you buy a new 2012 Acura TL with tech for $34,445?
    What accesories were included in this price?

Thank you,
  • tuxcattuxcat Member Posts: 11
    acura85:

I bought mine from Norris Acura West. I used the carwoo.com shopping service to get my offers from the various dealers in the area. Rosenthal Acura was offering the same price as well. That price included splash guards only but I also got wheel locks as well. Without accesories it was $34,275 before PF and TTL.

I bought it on Dec 30th so it was the end of the year plus there are incentives from Honda/Acura if you finance the car via Acura Financial Services. I got the 60 months 0.9% financing as well.

Good luck!
    Hi,

To clarify, is this a SH-AWD? (I'm interested in pricing for SH-AWD with tech.)
  • tuxcattuxcat Member Posts: 11
    No, it was a Base (2WD) + Tech
    Thanks.
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    edited January 2012
    I too used carwoo.com -- ended up with a '12 TL SH-AWD Advance at MSRP+shipping @ 87% of list. The discounts offered were from a low of 6% off MSRP to a typical 8% all the way to the 13% discount.

The dealer with the big discount did make it clear it was a take it or leave it deal with exactly 6 days duration. Most dealers offered at least 14 days -- but using carwoo.com the dealer and the buyer can "negotiate" -- or not, any way they want.

My deal in an attempt to offer full disclosure was for a White exterior with Black interior. The deal was EXACTLY the deal. I was OK with the exterior and have never liked black interiors, but once I saw the car, I had no problem with it. If, however, I had changed my mind and wanted any other color combo, well, the 13% discount was withdrawn. The car had 121 miles on it, other than that it was brand spankin' new.

I also got rear back up sensors and splash guards, but they were after the fact, so to speak.

Dealer was Lindsay Acura, Columbus, Ohio.

You can research dealers, if you want, here: www.dealerrater.com.
    Thanks, Mark.
  • seliftguyseliftguy Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased a 2012 TL and like everything about the car. It has alot of technology for the $.
    I punch it on the interstate one day without any cars in sight and got to 90mph in a few seconds just to see what the car had. It is very quick. When I was young, am 58 now used to drag race and know the damage that happens when a vehicle wrecks at high speed. Maybe I am missing something but I think speeding is very dangerous and breaks the law.
  • kohinoorkohinoor Member Posts: 16
    What are all the incentives Acura is offering on a 2012 TL? Please help.
  • kohinoorkohinoor Member Posts: 16
    What is PF, is it is an incentive, how much is that?
  • gani1gani1 Member Posts: 7
    Incentives:-

Acura incentive --- 1250$

Flex cash ---- 1000$ (only if you finance it from American Honda Finance. Dealers usually offer this finance in the first place)

Hold back price----- 2 to 3 % of cars invoice price(not msrp). It's usually around 800 I guess.

You should at least get these discounts and then you can still bargain depending upon the dealer. With all the above incentives, you should atleast get the price around 3K less than what dealers invoice price is.
    Kohinoor,

PF is processing fee for dealer. It's usually around 300 to 400$.
    I paid 399$ for mine. You can bargain to waive this fee. But I would say its a tough shot to get PF and Destination Charges waived, unless the dealer is already making a lot of profit.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Destination charge is part of the invoice of the vehicle and is not negotiable. You may get them down a similar amount to the destination charge but it, in itself, is not negotiable. PF, never heard it called that before, or dealer fee is different in nearly every state. Some states, by law, limit the amount a dealer can charge. In IL it is around $152 and all dealers will charge that amount and will not negotiate or remove it. Again, you may negotiate that same amount off the price of the car but the "dealer fee" will still be on your bill of sale. In some states the dealer fee is a large amount like you describe and I can imagine it may be negotiable if there is no statute that limits it or something similar to that.
    Yup. I agree.
  • zodkoyzodkoy Member Posts: 1
    Acura tl Base sh-awd
    $ 35400
    12000 miles a yr, 36 month
    56% residual, .00098 factor $1300 at signing
    $433 includes taxes and reg.
    Dont need the best deal, just a good one.
    Princeton acura, nj
    I purchased a 2012TL in Dec 11. At the time it was 1250.00. For the standard model was $34,200 out the door.
  • mihinkmihink Member Posts: 39
    What does this have to do with the "prices paid and buying experience" forum. 58 years old and can't figure out where to post your 'thoughts' on the interwebs..geez :confuse:
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    A dealer processing fee (PF) is usually called dealer document fee. Either way it is pure profit for the dealer. The amount differs by state. Some states cap the amount and some do not. I think $300 to $400 is simply silly. My state caps it at $200. Either way, I never really pay it, see below.

There are legal issues involving a PF. For example a dealer must show it charged it to every customer or risk facing discrimiation charges (charging to some and not to others is a big no-no).

However, that does not mean a savy customer cannot negotiate the PF away. All that needs to be done is to have the dealer reduce the negotiated selling price of the vehicle to account for the silly PF. For example, if the deal reached is $20,000 for the vehicle and the dealer attempts to add a PF of $400 to that amount, simply have the dealer reduce the price to $19,600 plus the PF of $400. The result is the same , you paid $20,000, and the dealer is covered because it can show it charged the PF.

I have never encountered a dealer who would let a deal go because of the PF. If I did, I know there is another dealer down the road. If the dealer says he cannot do this, he is lying. It is important to remember, regardless of what the dealer states, the PF is simply profit to the dealer.
    My error. New at this posting stuff. Thanks for bringing to my attention. I have enjoyed reading all the comments about people who have purchased an Acura. I just bought a new TL and love it. The majority of the comments appear to come from people with class and respect for other people.
  • mihinkmihink Member Posts: 39
    Sorry..if I came off as being harsh. My apologies. I also enjoy reading all the posts. My family has bought multiple cars using the tips/deals from other consumers on the Edmunds boards, saved a lot $$$.

Enjoy your car! Hope to get my TL very soon :)
  • mediamstmediamst Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    Did the deal at continental Acura in Naperville. Great place. Used Carwoo as a tool to get best price. They beat the best deal offered by dealers in the area on Carwoo.

Acura incentive --- 1250$
    Flex cash ---- 1000$ (only if you finance it from American Honda Finance. Dealers usually offer this finance in the first place)

2012 Acura TL SH-AWD with Tech Package
    Belenova White or whatever its called :)
    $3000 down total out of pocket.
    36 month lease 12K miles a year
    Purchase price was aprox 38745. Dont have contract in front of me
    monthly payment $498.14
    Residual of vehicle at end of lease $23,635.80
  • bigdaveinomahabigdaveinomaha Member Posts: 26
    Driving to Kansas City, MO tomorrow morning (I live in Omaha, NE) to pick up a 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD Advance package. The car is white with ebony interior, has 2200 miles on it (someone bought it and decided they wanted an SUV). I am paying $38,500 +$249 doc fee. I am trading in my loaded 2006 VW Passat 3.6. Passat has every option except 4motion. I am getting ~$8500 for it (91k miles), the final trade in value will be decided when they see the car. I'm really excited to drive my new girl home!
  • billyperksiibillyperksii Member Posts: 198
    Not to sound negative but I think thats just the old bait and switch tactic.
    No way the dealer would pay 8.5K for a six year old car with 91k miles.
  • bigdaveinomahabigdaveinomaha Member Posts: 26
    It wasn't just any car. It was a fully loaded 2006 VW Passat. Original MSRP was $37k. They gave me exactly that, $8500. Transaction was smooth as silk. Dealership was O'neill Honda in Overland Park, KS. Both the internet manager and the business manager were great to work with. The car chews up the mileage effortlessly. I am still getting used to all the voice commands. I took the car on some twisty roads today and had a blast. Now I want a snow storm!
  • joeldavid1joeldavid1 Member Posts: 10
    Can anyone give me the current incentives and what they feel is a good price. Also want to get wheel locks, all weather floor mats, and trunk lid. Any thoughts appreciated. Oh yeah what about the protective coat the dealers are recommending for the nose to protect from scratches?
  • sg5sg5 Member Posts: 4
    I paid 34602 + dest charge+tax/title in socal.
    Where r u located for comparisons sake, thanks
  • knam2knam2 Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2012
    So, What was the out the door price?
    I went to dealer and nenotiated 2012 Acura TL with tech.
    The price of now is $36035. Is this okay?
  • sg5sg5 Member Posts: 4
    In southern california
  • wiseolemanwiseoleman Member Posts: 23
    Bought a new 2WD TL today for $30,750 with 0.9% 36 month financing.$500 worth of Acura dealer coupons helped in this price.MSRP for this TL is $36,490
    It is not clear from the post.
    Did you pay $36035 for 2012 TL w/Tech out the door? Or this price before tax?
  • 2002tl2002tl Member Posts: 2
    Hi wiseoleman,

Where did you get such a good deal from? Please share the dealer's name if you don't mind.

Thanks!
    It is out the door price.
    He offered $36035, but I didnt buy it yet.
    I heard acura has presidents' day special financing.
    0.9% for 60 month.
    I will try to shoot that.
    Could you provide dealership name?
    Thank you in advance
  • wiseolemanwiseoleman Member Posts: 23
    Curry Acura ,Scarsdale,Westchester NY. .That price was for the base model .MSRP $36,490 Good luck
    pohanka acura in northern virginia
    Just picked up my car and paid $36,113.00 for the car. Dealer threw in wheel locks and splash guards. I bought all season floor mats, trunk tray, and side body molding for an appoximately additional $375.. Document fee was $300 no budge...Located north of Boston....also got the .09 financing which has been offered since beginning of year thru end of this month....Sold my 05 privately and now in BRAND NEW ONE!!!
  • bill1978bill1978 Member Posts: 3
    36113 includes documentation and TTL (tax, title and license)? Which dealer in Boston? I am looking for a 2012 TL Tech in Boston area any recommendations?
    36035 includes documentation and TTL (tax, title and license)? Which dealer in Boston? I am looking for a 2012 TL Tech in Boston area any recommendations?
    $36113 does not include tax, title, and license...just for the car with splash guards and wheel locks....Peabody Acura..ask for Jim...tell him Joel sent you!!
  • 2002tl2002tl Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Wiseoleman!
    Prices in Virginia are very good. Unfortunately it is far away from me.
    I am getting one from the dealer in northern NJ.
    New 2012 FWD Acura TL w/ Tech for $33,490+$161 (registration)+ $279 (documentary charges) +tax.
    0.9 APR for 60 months.
  • vulchesvulches Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2012
    You positive on that sale price for a TL + Tech? Isn't that about $4k below dealer invoice?

I thought I got a good deal on a base TL in DFW area at $32k + $300 title/doc + $2k tax (I did not trade in a vehicle). Only dealer-installed options included in the price were side molding, tint and wheel locks. That was about $5k off sticker and $2400 below dealer invoice.

I know Acura is giving some cash to dealers, but enough to cover $4k? Was a trade involved in your deal?
    $33,490 for New 2012 FWD TL w/ Tech is confirmed. No trade involved.
    This dealer has a lot of TLs on the lot to choose from.
    As I mention before in Virginia you can get another $200.00 off from this price - $33,290.
  • rjg001rjg001 Member Posts: 8
    Am I reading this correctly? Are people really getting $6-7k off MSRP before TTL? I'll be in the market soon.
  • sikkandarsikkandar Member Posts: 1
    Where?. What is the Dealer Name?
    Which dealer?
    DCH Montclair Acura in Verona, NJ
    tell Jose, Felix sent you.
    DCH Montclair Acura in Verona, NJ
    tell dealer Felix sent you.