Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rx2005pickrx2005pick Member Posts: 20
    Did you get it from Athens in ga ? If so I am glad they are getting more from atlanta area
  • softpathsoftpath Member Posts: 4
    SONS acura in Jonesboro. We are buying another TL from them this month. Our MDX also was bought from here in Feb.
  • lawducklawduck Member Posts: 6
    After months of research and slow rolling, I was able to finalize a deal for the TL w Tech for 35,450 + taxes. I was happy with this deal. Also got 0.9% financing for 5 years and a good value on my trade.

They came out of the gate w $38,750. So my research and persistence paid off.
  • lawducklawduck Member Posts: 6
    FYI, for those buying now, I think what you need to shoot for is $32K for the standard TL and 35K for the TL w/ Tech. These prices are well below invoice, and right around cost for them, and only possible if you use Acura financing so they get their dealer cash to facilitate it that far below invoice. You could probably push for a little under those numbers but it's not going to happen unless the dealer is really desperate to move the car and it's going to take your best work to get them down to this range already.

Check out Truecar.com also for average prices paid. The 32K/35K is well below average price paid and below "True Market Value", and is the lowest end of the bell curve. This is just what I've found after researching cars and pricing and soliciting offers from many dealers for about 4 months before I finally walked into the dealership and hammered out the deal I wanted.
  • dibbyddibbyd Member Posts: 10
    Thought I'd add my recent purchase in case it helps anyone else out. On June 13th, I bought a Basque Red Pearl II 2012 TL SH-AWD Tech for $38,593 (before TTL, fees, etc). It was a cash deal with no trade, and the only thing included in the deal were splash guards installed. Although, after we finished signing the papers, they gave me a certificate for the first oil change free and then we received a letter in the mail with coupons for two free car washes at Mike's. Neither offer was all that special, but they were nice touches nonetheless. The dealer only charged $149 doc fee and the only other things I paid were taxes and $1.25 tire recycling fee. I was not eligible for the loyalty or conquest cash, so figure another $1-2K there if you qualify.

I will add that I love the car!
  • wiseolemanwiseoleman Member Posts: 23
    Everyone gets a free oil change coupon and a set of wheel locks.Enjoy the car!!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,411
    Excellent price on a fantastic car! I'm glad you are happy with it. Won't you come join us over on the Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedan board here on Town Hall & share your driving experiences, what if any other cars you checked out...

Congratulations!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• dibbyddibbyd Member Posts: 10
    On the contrary, I did not get wheels locks :)
  • greatfoldedgreatfolded Member Posts: 2
    There are not a ton of these available, but I do have several if I am willing to drive a while to get there. All the dealers are over TMV. The ones listing within $500 or so of TMV don't really budge, even though they are aware I'm shopping multiple dealers. Is that pretty much expected?

Also, some of the ones available are factory executive demos, although not titled in Marysville. Do I need to look out particularly from them, or should I expect that if they make it into the CPO program, they were not abused too badly? On Carfax, they're registered as fleet vehicles, and have frequent service records.

Thanks!
  • 4star4star Member Posts: 2
    I'm buying a base 2012 TL tomorrow. I've been negotiating with three dealers in the Nova/DC area. The offers are $30.3K, $27.9K, & $27.6K all out the door prices. I'm going with the $29.7K because I liked the salesman better then the one for $100 less. This includes the 0% financing and $1K rebate for conquest cash (I have BMW now). You have to finance to get the $1K and provide proof of ownership of a different brand. They July 4th offers are just above $31K out the door, so I am about $1500 below the advertsied july price
  • tkv_01tkv_01 Member Posts: 20
    Let me guess, it should be pohanka or radley? I bought my 2012 AWD Tech from Radley for 36K today. Enjoy your new ride
  • fly2skyfly2sky Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    bought my brand 2012 tech sh-awd for 36.2k + free oil change + 0.9% financing.

took me 2 hrs haggle. lol
    just tell them that you are not in a hurry to buy a car and will gladly wait for 2013 models to roll out and see where the depreciation is at for 2012 models. 9 out of 10 times, they will beg you to stay..lol
    also be very clear what you want! i was getting agitated when they try to sell what i don't want. i don't have a good credit either. so 0.9% promo was great..
  • 4star4star Member Posts: 2
    oops I had the numbers wrong

$30.3K, $29.7K, & $29.6K
  • 3brodrig3brodrig Member Posts: 11
    Which dealership in Columbus did you end up purchasing from?
  • gabby202gabby202 Member Posts: 11
    how much are people paying for the 2012 tl tech otd, before the $1000 rebate through acura fiance? Should I wait for the 2013's? I got an offer of $35,250 before tax title and tags and beofe the rebate.
  • greatfoldedgreatfolded Member Posts: 2
    I got a "weekend only offer" of 36,500 for a 2012 SH-AWD with Tech, in Northern California. TBH, I forget who it was -- looking for a CPO, and working with a lot of dealers. He wouldn't email me the offer. I think it was from Serramonte, though. Just wanted to provide another data point.
  • m3000m3000 Member Posts: 1
    Going to pick up my new 2012 SH-AWD Advance Blk/Ebony today in Colorado Springs. Buying process was real straight forward - they beat my best deal by $300. Here are the numbers:

MSRP: 46,080.00 + ~$500 in accessories = 46,880.00
    Cash price: 39,153.00
    Delivery and handling: 689.00
    State tax: 3,227.20
    Total cash price: 43,069.20 + Filing fees: 27.20 =Total: 43,096.40

Also got the $1,000 from Acura for financing and already having another TL (my wife's, bought that one 2 weeks ago), so the OTD was 42,096.40.

Don't have the numbers for my wife's TL in front of me, so I will post those later. That one was also a new TL SH-AWD Advance, White/Ebony.

Real excited to pick it up!
  • dsm918dsm918 Member Posts: 3
    Those look like unbelievable prices. Can you post the name of the dealerships?

Thanks.
  • apebcakapebcak Member Posts: 2
    Last weekend in VA, I paid 35,800 OTD for 2012 TL Tech. Included splash guards, trunk tray, all season mats, wheel locks and 0% financing (dealer was paying down from 0.9%). This price was before the $1,000 loyalty down payment.
  • dwsindydwsindy Member Posts: 4
    Question regarding Money Factor. When I asked during negotiations what the money factor was I was told .96 and using what I thought I knew .96 /24 = .0004 correct?

We are very close to finishing this deal and when I get the final numbers we are $23 a month off. The dealer faxed me his work sheet and he takes his money factor and divided by 1000 for a .00096 or 2.3% money. Does that seem correct? That is where we are off on payment. Here is what I have on his work sheet:

The original msrp including around 4k in accessories was $49359.00

$42,395 Net cap cost
    $22,730 Residual
    $19,665 Depreciation
    $ 546.25 Depreciation
    $ 62.52 Rent
    $ 42.61 Tax 7%
    $ 651.38 Payment

What do you think?
  • areyes1010areyes1010 Member Posts: 20
    I would have to put on my leasing hat to render an informed opinion. Your dealer dividing by 1000 does not seem correct. I believe it is 24 or 2400 depending on whether it is percentages or decimals. Check Edmunds for how to calculate a lease with the monet factor etc.

I just purchased a 2012 TL w/ Tech no Advance and not AWD, on May 31st. I paid $34,495. That was after a $1K loyalty reduction and $3K that was given to he dealer from the manufacturer.
    The invoice for your car is $42,301. The manufacturer is now offering $2,500 incentive to dealer. If you are a prior Acura owner, you should be able to get the $1K loyalty also. Obviously, this impacts what you are paying for the vehicle which is what your lease is calculated against.

I hope this helps. I would be happy to share my salesman and delay who are both honest. Let me know.
  • alank2012alank2012 Member Posts: 5
    So we closed the deal 4 weeks ago at $32,000 for the base TL with 3 options included: the wooden steering wheel and wooden shift knob and remote start fobs(2) in addition to the standard Acura fobs. This includes the $1,000 Acura loyalty credit but we had to finance part of the cash purchase to get the $1,000 credit (we financed 36 months on $8500 of the $32,000 the minimum allowed at .9%. We can pay off the 8500.00 balance after 6 months if we choose.) The wooden steering wheel is very sweet to hold and with the knob adds a little pizazz to the interior decor. My wife's idea.
  • danimal77danimal77 Member Posts: 17
    2012 TL AWD without navigation, sales price $35,000 plus title and fees, destination charge included. 36 mo lease with 12k per year is $469 per month with 1,000 down (which can be conquest money if you qualify as I do). Does anyone know of a better deal? With additional 2,000 cash due at signing I would be at $409 per month. Does anyone know of a better deal on this vehicle?

As a side note, I can't decided between TL AWD and MDX. MDX gas mileage scares me. What's your experience with TL AWD gas (not EPA but YOUR experience if you own one?)> Thanks and your opinion is much appreciated.
  • vegasmuranovegasmurano Member Posts: 18
    Just bought a new 2012 Acura TL-SH AWD base,sticker $40,015.

Got it for $34,015 including the $1,000 conquest cash,plus got free all weather mats,trunk mats and wheel locks.On top of that,I got nearly $2,000 over book for my trade.

Also got 1.9% financing for 60 months.

I think this was an absolute steal,they were totally desperate for a sale that day.
    If that price is OTD, then it was indeed a steal.
    Still had to pay tax on the difference from the trade.Plus doc fee.....

Still a great deal,because they stepped up HUGE on my trade.They originally offered me $19k for my murano,it books out at $20k...but they gave me $22k.

So I got hooked up on both ends of the transaction,very happy with it.And the new car is way better than I thought it would be,very impressed so far.
    Congrats on your purchase, that is a good deal and the best I could find as well. Can you please tell me how much gas does it eat? I know it says 18-26 EPA or something like that but what does it really take in your real-life experience? Thank you!
    Only got it a few days ago,I will see how it is on gas in the next few weeks.

I was looking at Audi,Mercedes and BMW's for quite awhile and stumbled onto this deal.I am now very glad I did it,any other comparable luxury car seems to be 8-15k more for the name.The quality of this car is insane and the AWD system is probably the best of any company.

I am expecting to average 21 MPG or so gere on the streets of Las Vegas,I guess I will find out soon......
    Car is impressive,my valet loves it and keep giving me compliments on it every day (says it's his dream car).Off the line power is lacking compared to my BMW,but once it revs up it is an amazing machine.I could easily afford any car I choose,but for the money this is just a perfect choice.

I don't drive very aggressively,but if you push it into the turns the AWD is the best of any car I ever owned (and I have owned at least 80 cars).At sticker price I might have chosen another car,but with the discounts available and the great standard options this is a MUST BUY.

The only thing I miss is fold down rear seats and a bit of low end grunt off the line.I would take this car any day over an A4 quattro,C300 AWD or a 335XI.You don't get any value on those once you add the options the TL already has.None of those even come with real leather unless you cough up alot of extra bucks.And you can't get the huge discounts on those anyway,so this is just right.

Lots of other great cars out there if money is no option,but there is just amazing value here,especially with the AWD.
    Awesome, thank you for sharing your experience. How much gas does it eat and does it require premium? I'm about to buy mine in next few days. Just got to decide between MDX and AWD TL. Same engine but I like the higher feel.
    edited July 2012
    Still on my first tank,I live in the city so I expect to average between 20 and 22....more would be great.

I was originally looking at the 2013 RDX because I liked the feeling of an SUV.RDX handling and power was not really any better than my 2010 Murano so I opted to get something more sporty.Never drove the MDX......

Coming out of 3 years of owning SUV's,it only took me 2 days to get used to being "down low" again.I was very concerned I would have an issue going back to a car,but it feels way more stable and sure footed with the AWD that it drives like a tank...that can corner like a race car.

It does require premium,but I have run every car I have ever owned on regular without any problems,but I don't keep them long so it's hard to say if it is bad long term.
    Well let me know about the gas mileage or at least what it gets now. I agree that TL AWD is a good purchase and offers a lot for the money when compared to German cars. BMW 328ix coupe V6 AWD is 40k but its pretty small compared to TL and doesn't have the special leasing money factor that Acura does do payment is about 100 dollars more. So does it feel weird being low again compared to Murano?
    My first tank was 19.5 MPG,but this was 95% city driving in temps between 103 and 114 degrees in Las Vegas.Where I live is nothing but traffic lights too.

Plus I had a bit of a heavy foot getting a feel for the powerband at most of the lights.

BMW leases stink,and stink even more on their SUV's,I would rather buy a 2 year old Audi,Mercedes or BMW than lease a new one IMO.

Still happy with my purchase,it's finally fun to drive again.Sitting lower now is not much of an issue,it only took a few days to adjust.My few brief times on the highway were AMAZINGLY smooth.

I gotta say the TL SH-AWD is the the perfect blend of price,performance,luxury,reliability,safety,all weather driving capability and technology.If anyone out there is unsure,a few days behind the wheel will get rid of any doubts.
  • cytwomblycytwombly Member Posts: 5
    Late last month, I purchased a 2012 base TL in the DC area for $30,850 OTD (discounts, loyalty cash, taxes, stupid fees, etc already included), 0% financing for 60 months (yes, zero!), oh and one free oil change. oot oot!
  • iwanttosaynoiwanttosayno Member Posts: 2
    It's good deal! What is your sale price (before tax and other fees)? What kind of discounts did you get? Thanks.
  • citymomcitymom Member Posts: 8
    Could you be so kind to give your out of pocket info? If this was a lease:
    How many miles
    Out of pocket
    monthly payment incld tax

Looking to get a TL with Tech, willin to go to Athens, not a big deal in distancefor me..

Thanks in advance!
  • cytwomblycytwombly Member Posts: 5
    The only discount was the loyalty $1000. I don't remember what the sale price was (upper $20k). Just negotiate the OTD price and they'll figure out what the taxes and fees are.
  • mambwe33mambwe33 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone have current figures for an AWD TL with Tech?

I stopped by a dealer today and they offered $36,500 @ 1.9% for 60 Months

I didn't try and negotiate at all since I had to be somewhere. I figure I can get them down a bit more.
    Anyone have any advice on purchasing a 2012 TL FWD with Tech. Not sure if i should buy now or wait til 2013's come out. The best price I got was $37,400 OTD, incl ttl and the $1k loyalty discount. Is that a good price?
    No. You can do better. I got 36,437 OTD including everything. There are people who have done better.
  • sirkobsirkob Member Posts: 7
    Just walked out on a deal because i thought they could do better. Here are the Specifics. Located in NYC.
    Getting out of my Toyota Camry 2010 SE V6 Miles on vehicle 21,000 from a 36 month 12,000 per year lease. 3 months left of payments at $329=$987.

This is what i was offered. Base Acura TL at $429 including tax 36 months 10k miles per year, no money down only first month payment and they pay the last 3 months on my lease. I think they can do better then that, any feedback, suggestions?

I was looking for a Acura TL Tech Package, but they are quoting me $480 including tax for that model.

Any help greatly appreciated.
  • winston18winston18 Member Posts: 10
    Other than the 10k miles why do you think it is a bad.
    I got a price over the weekend via email for the 2012 acura tl fwd tech for $35,125, before ttl and the $1000 loyalty bonus. The 60 months finance rate is now 1.9. Is this a good deal?
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    sirk....you're negotiating payments. Not a good way to do that. What are they offering for your car and what do they want to sell their car for? I know this is a lease, but tough to tell if you're getting a good deal or not since there are all sorts of other parameters at play......(i.e. residuals, money buy rate, acquisition/disposition fees, etc).
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • anandsumitanandsumit Member Posts: 2
    I drove yesterday 2012 Acura TL with Tech package (Tint, Mud guards, Wheel Locks) at 36,115$ (Drive out).It includes 1000$ rebate for loyalty customer with 1.9% on 60 months. Doing all the reserach I could not get a better deal. What do you guys suggest??
    If that price is out the door $36,115, inc tax, title , tags, the purchase price looks like ~$34k, which looks really good. You should revsit with dealer, becuase I believe acura reinstated 0.9 financing on TL's for 60 months.
  • anandsumit1anandsumit1 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks Gabby,

My dealer worked to get my financing to 0.9% yesterday. Thanks for your advice.
    I was just going to look acura right now. What should I aim for the tl fwd with tech? What was your breakdown?
  • jrod13jrod13 Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2012
    With the new bonus cash and promotions what should I be targeting for the price of the tl tech not including loyalty or conquest cash or tax, fees, etc.
  • krao1krao1 Member Posts: 6
    I am in Chicago NW Suburbs area and I am getting $32,500 for Acura TL FWD Base OTD price with everything like Loyalty program etc. Is this a good deal or anybody got a better deal than this ?