Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1228229230231232234»

Comments

• asolomiasolomi Member Posts: 4
    First, thnx to Edmunds and the posters who've previously shared their TL buying experiences.

TL AWD with Tech package, includes dest'n charge, MSRP $44,080
    Dealer add ons (Vin etching, tinting, wheel lug locks, All weather mats) $399

Discounts, total, $2,735 to get down to invoice
    Acura cash to dealer, $1,500
    Conquest rebate (applied as a down payment) $1,500

Ignoring the slight negative tax impact of applying the conquest rebate as a down payment (after the trade in), total discounts = $5,735

Trade in on my 2009 Infiniti G37 was right on the money (higher than black book trade in, right on with Kelly blue book & Edmunds when tax impact considered). Balance financed at .9%.

All in all I couldn't be happier with the deal (probably left a few hundred on the table vis a vis a "max" deal but getting it for close to $3k under invoice is good in my book). More importantly, wife is happy! One of the most pleasant negotiations in my 40+ years of buying cars.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Aslomi....you got a great deal on a great car. Congrats!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • navin1navin1 Member Posts: 6
    I am from Austin, TX. Please post dealer's & Sales person name?
    Thank you.
  • cookprcookpr Member Posts: 6
    You can do a lot better on that TL. I have two quotes for 2013 TLAdvance Awd at $38,200 + fees/taxes. I am a current acura owner...but seems $7-$8k off is not hard to get.

This is Chicago market.
  • bxteachbxteach Member Posts: 16
    Strongly considering a 2013 Accord. All ready to buy.

I have seen several dealers with 12's left over.

How much can I expect to pay for a base or one with tech package?
  • golions1781golions1781 Member Posts: 3
    Looking at a 2013 TL tech in PA. Dealer quoted 34995. I am a currently Acura owner. Is this a fair price or can i get them lower?
    Thanks for any input.
  • e53drivere53driver Member Posts: 1
    Hey Golions, my sister is also looking into leasing a 2013 TL with tech and she is getting quoted for 34095 with the lease cash and loyalty with a NY dealer.
  • phatjay27phatjay27 Member Posts: 2
    What dealer in Chicago market? I'm looking for best price 2013 TL Tech.
  • paul_smithpaul_smith Member Posts: 1
    I am currently in Washington DC area, but will be driving to Mobile AL at the end of June - anyone know of a dealer either in my current area, or on the road with phenomenal prices?
  • golions1781golions1781 Member Posts: 3
    Radley in VA or Rosenthal in MD had prices that were significantly cheaper than I could get my local dealers in suburban Phila to give me. I ended up getting a price match locally. Paid 33,600 (after the 1500 loyalty bonus) for a 2013 TL with Tech. Rosenthal quoted 32780 + 895 destination + 195 documentation fee) so basically 33,870. After I purchased my car locally, Rosenthal contacted me again, offering to waive the 895 destination, thereby making the car under 33k.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to speak to a car buyer who refused to buy a vehicle because premium fuel was required/recommended by the manufacturer. If you did not purchase a car after discovering premium fuel was required/recommended, and instead purchased a car that requires regular fuel, send your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com by Friday, June 14, 2013 at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• wiseolemanwiseoleman Member Posts: 23
    my 2012 TL is my 4th Acura and I use regular gas with no problems
  • sting23raysting23ray Member Posts: 7
    Hi there.... do you remember the name of the sales person you dealt with @ Rosenthal and Radley?
  • tlladytllady Member Posts: 4
    Any ideas if $38,000 is a deal on a AWD w tech package? I am looking to see if I can get the loyalty cash on this price. It seems like it is a decent price to me. I am just making sure am not leaving out any incentives or dealer cash on the table. I wasn't in the market for the AWD but I test drove it today and it took everything I had not to drive it home :)
  • myfirstodysseymyfirstodyssey Member Posts: 14
    I went through Pen Fed and I have a price Quote for a Base Acura tL for $31000 OTD.

What do you guys think. Should I pull the trigger.

Any help is greatly appreciated..
  • mrminsky1mrminsky1 Member Posts: 23
    What do you mean by out the door? Is the $31K plus taxes, title, etc.? What is the actual price of the car?
    There was a $1,500 conquest cash (if you drive an Audi, Caddy, BMW, Lexus, Jag, Infiniti, etc) on the car. They extended that $1,500 if you already have an Acura, too (not combineable).

My sister just bought a '13 TL SH AWD Tech Advance (I think the MSRP was north of $46K). IIRC, she bought it for right around $40K (but she owns a Jag).

That was about 5 months ago, though. I think they also had a $2K dealer incentive at the time, too.

Not sure how much of that is still valid now. Try truecar.com or Edmunds TMV here to see if they list the incentives.
  • tlladytllady Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, I went for it. Edmunds shows a TMV of around $39,500. I got it for $38 less $1,500 loyalty cash. I think I did ok. I have to say, a little disappointed in the interior. They cheaped out on the navigation, carpet, mat, door handles, overhead lights, etc. the leather is nice, performance is good, but I would have hoped they wouldn't downgrade other areas :( My attraction to an Acura is the luxury/performance/price combo. They are slipping on the luxury IMO.
    Its $31K (All Inclusive of TTL + Dealer Processing Fees)

Price Of the Car is $28,500 with no destination fees
  • cookieyangcookieyang Member Posts: 3
    I'd like to buy a TL next weekend. I prefer the tech package, but this is what I've narrowed it down to by emailing local dealerships:

Base TL $30,500 (includes destination only)
    TL w/ tech $33,700 (includes destination)

Note: I qualify for the $1500 off since I previously owned a 2008 TL. Prices above include that discount.

How much lower can I get for the TL w/ tech? I think the tech package is a rip off, it's just that I want the rearview camera.

Your input and help is appreciated. I live in SF and willing to travel a 60 miles radius.
  • cookieyangcookieyang Member Posts: 3
    To follow up - bought my TL over the weekend. Base model.
    Paid $31,722 w/ destination. Dealership threw in 6 oil changes and we qualified for the $1500 Loyalty discount, so was about $30,222 before tax and license fees. We bought the car at Hendrick Acura in Concord CA.
  • merchantmarinemerchantmarine Member Posts: 1
    Have a quote for $34,350 inclusive of $1,500 conquest cash plus 0.9% APR in the Shreveport Louisiana area. Is this a reasonable price? Lowest that I've got in Louisiana.
  • groofunkistangroofunkistan Member Posts: 1
    I have an initial offer of $37,995 + Tax, Title on a 2013 SH-AWD TL w/Tech just through initial email contact. How much lower do you think I can go (invoice is $41,345). I don't qualify for the loyalty or conquest (though I used to own an '06 TL). I was thinking of offering ~36,500 + Tax, Title.
  • golferman1golferman1 Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2013
    Purchased a Silver Moon 2013 SH-AWD Tech for $38,100 including destination over the weekend. I did not qualify for conquest or loyalty cash. This is in the northern suburbs of Chicago. Negotiated through e-mail with several dealers and then took that to my preferred dealer to match. I was only in the dealer for an hour filling out paperwork...painless purchase.
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    a dealer has had this car with 15k miles on it for about 2 months, they've dropped the price several times and now down to 27,500. Based on what i've seen this price is close to trade in value. It had a couple of scratched rims, I drove it and may have sensed a little vibration on braking, does this look like a great deal, especially if I got it down another 1k?
  • purplehaze26purplehaze26 Member Posts: 1
    Located in Florida. Best quote so far is $35,130 for a 2013 TL w/ tech package. Not including $1,500 loyalty cash as already own an MDX.

Am I leaving much on the table ?
  • jmbrownakjmbrownak Member Posts: 9
    Just wanted to let folks know I signed a lease of a 2013 TL SE for $331/month (36M/10K) OTD with nothing down except the first payment. I live in NoVa and qualified for the loyalty discount. I think I got a pretty sweet deal, judging from some of the posts, and the car looks great with the larger tires/rims. Let me know if you have any questions and would be happy to answer them!
  • rad484rad484 Member Posts: 22
    Which dealer? Did they have any more se's?
  • jmbrownakjmbrownak Member Posts: 9
    Chevy Chase Acura and yes.
  • rad484rad484 Member Posts: 22
    Picked up a tl sports edition today from radley Acura. 319 per month 12k/36months. All fees rolled in (ie only 36 payments of 319). Did qualify for loyalty.
  • nebuyernebuyer Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like a great deal - I am negotiating for a base model (I love the start on the SE, but dont care for the wheels). Will you share more detail about your lease?
    What was the sales price, and what add'l fees were included? thx

And thanks to you CarMan - I have been a fan for a long time and the informatino you provide is so helpful to so many people!
  • texmex5texmex5 Member Posts: 1
    This is lower than what I have gotten. Can you provide me the dealer and sales rep name? I am looking in MD, DC, No VA area. Thanks
    Radley Acura Sales person name is Wisdon
  • pho008pho008 Member Posts: 1
    I am not in a rush to buy, but I would like to get the best deal on a TL. I'm wondering which is the best time to buy. I know the last day of the quarter or year are great days to buy.

On the other hand, if there aren't that many 2013 TLs left, dealers might not be that willing to negotiate further.

Perhaps it will be better to wait till the TLX comes out for the fire sale prices on the TLs, most likely only 2014s left by then.

What was the situation with the RLs when the RLX came out?

I live in Northern Virginia.

Thanks.
    I believe the best time to make a deal on a car is when you're ready to buy one. These days, there's not much info that you can't find out about manufacturer cash to the dealer, rebates, etc.

As such, unless you're looking at some sort of demo, or a new unit with a lot of demo miles on it, a leftover unit, etc, the amount a dealer pays for a car is always the same, regardless of time of month, quarter, year.

Not sure what Acura will do when they bring out the 2015 TL(x). There might be some trunk money available on the 14s at that time. But, that's hard to predict, as Acura is always tight lipped about new models and don't usually release info until very shortly before the new models hit the lots. That means fewer previous model leftovers.

Depends on what you want. The current models are still very good cars. We're not sure what the '15s will be, other than they'll probably cost more and will be based on the current Accord.

Good luck.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    When the RLX came out, there were no RL's left but a handful. Was well timed, and there was always very little RL inventory.

On the TL, when you can save nearly $6000 on some models, there's no reason to wait any longer unless you just aren't ready for other reasons. This year I've seen several people wait and wait and wait longer and now getting closer to "maybe buying", the 2013 TL's they wanted were sold long ago.

You have to strike the balance of incentives and inventory, and not wait forever and ever. On a car like the TL, Acura builds just enough to sell, not over and above so much that there are a glut of extras. Take advantage...but make sure to do it early enough a car actually exists.

The TL is a lot of car, and great performance, for the dollar. Already right now at the end of September, there are next to no 2013 TL's left thanks to the programs, other than a few AWD cars.
    Acura probably stays tighter on inventory than just about every other car
    manufacturer. If you're in the TL, the time to buy is when you find one you like....especially now since the '13 incentives are strong (if you can find a '13). '14 incentives will be harder to come by, especially given it will in all likelihood be a short model year with the new design on the horizon.
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    If you are in no rush, wait until the last day of the year. You will have two things in your favor:

1 - dealer may need to move a few units to get to volume goals and potentially, selling a car for a few thousand below cost could net them a big rebate.

2 - TL replacement is coming next year and once consumers get a whiff of the latest and greatest, there will be deals.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418
    Funny you say that about Acura keeping tight inventory. Back when I bought my 2010 TSX Tech at the end of August 2009, I was (obviously) looking for a deal to make my cash 4 clunkers purchase even sweeter. I was only able to find 1 dealer that still had an '09 on the lot (base & beige interior). The 2010s were out there, but very few had the Tech Pkg. As you know, I struck a deal on the last day of cash 4 clunkers getting a whopping $1000 off sticker;)

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

NYC....Every time I pass my "old" Acura dealer (which is just about daily), they seem to be low on everything, including the ILX. Don't know if that's because of the model transitions from the '13s to the '14s, or if they purposely stay tight on stock.

But, they're a good dealer. It could be because they don't mess around in selling cars....they don't practice those traits that car buyers tend to loath. They give good deals and have a good service dept.

I know I saw maybe 6 MDXs and about the same amount of ILXs on their l saw last night in passing. I saw two RLXs and maybe 6-8 TLs on their lot (couldn't tell what they had in the showroom as I was just glancing over while waiting at a red light in front of the dealership).

They always seem to have that tight inventory, though.
  • enbeuu1enbeuu1 Member Posts: 6
    I purchased new TL Tech; April 2012; it's been the best TL I've owned and 4 the Acura; I'm looking forward to the TLX; as it's supposedly on a smaller platform; my garages are beach sized and it's close on both side for parking; beach properties leave no excess for egress and ingress: have to take extra care in lining up each time and the post in the middle of the garage doesn't make it easier. V-6 in this machine requires premium fuel: its compression ratio is 11.2:1 and has more power than the V-6 in the Accord Coupe e.g.; that model also takes regular fuel; so far the fuel price differential has not made fueling with premium fuel v. regular grade as it was in the fuel scarce days of a decade ago.
    Be aware that all V-6 hondas aren't the same.
  • cynkingcynking Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    $33,900 to 2013 Acura TL with Technology Package.

I know that there's a $3,250 dealer incentive available. Should that be taken into consideration?

The MSRP is $40,535. The invoice is listed as $38,359.

I'm in southern california
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    If you are really getting $33,900 and not plus a lot of other additions (destination, large document fee, etc), buy 2 or 3 of them. Invoice on the car is in the mid $38k's so even using the $3250 cash, that would be far below cost.

Do you like the color(s)? 2013 TL Tech's are extremely thin and few & far between.
  • indysgold1indysgold1 Member Posts: 6

got a new 13 TL with sh and tech for 37900 in august.The all wheel drive has been great during this bad winter.Traded a 07 TL/s type when my lease is up I want the new one.