Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gled0501gled0501 Member Posts: 12
    i have finally put down my non-refundable deposit on a manual TL anthracite/ebony. i paid just $250 over invoice, which means i paid $30,550 (including destination) plus TTL. the car is hasnt been built yet, but should receive by the end of the month. i bought my car in the suburbs outside of Philly, if anyone is interested i believe they have others coming in.
  • snk29970snk29970 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2004 Anthracite/Ebony Auto TL (no navigation) with wheel locks, cargo tray, and all season mats for $31847 (TTL xtra) from Brookfield Acura. Edmunds TMV price was $32130. The xtras added up to $313 (wheel locks 75, all season mats 139, and cargo mat 109). Invoice price is $30300 + ~ $300.
  • mogal1mogal1 Member Posts: 9
    I called Acura today and they said September 16 is the rollout date for the 2005 TL. They will not send brochures prior to that date. As expected, no other info available.
  • philly2philly2 Member Posts: 19
    Did you purchase a 2005 TL? What is the name of the dealership where you purchased your car?
  • chookalishchookalish Member Posts: 14
    The $300 fee sounds unusual to me, whether or not all the Acura dealers in the area list this fee. I've heard of dealers who add some euphemistic term like "dealer fee", to pad their profit.
  • ftlayftlay Member Posts: 2
    I have a question about dealer add-ons. The dealer charged me for "VIN registration". Apparently, the VIN are etched on the windows and they charge $169 to register the VIN. Is this legit?? Also, they sticker price had "paint protection" for $300. I didn't pay for that of course but was wondering if this is a legitimate cost or are they just selling snake oil? Any inout would be appreciated
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,732
    Both are dealer packs, pure profit. VIN ethcing can be done by most police departments (I believe) for about $10. A dealer in MA was sued over the VIN etching (said it was mandatory)and lost. Had to pay back a few million bucks...
    Where do they "register" the VIN????

Paint protection? Wax/polymer it yourself and save $290...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• htownpimp786htownpimp786 Member Posts: 80
    Hi, hows everyone doing. Im new to this form and i wanted to know if im getting a good deal.

I did all of my homework, test drove the car, emailed 12 dealerships, and came up with this!

Ive got a offer on the table for a 2004 Acura TL (auto) WITH navigation, for 33,100.

The price is only plus TT&L.....no fees, no gimmicks, nothing extra.

ALSO...just a heads up on a NEW PROMOTION. In the texas area, only on a lease, for the next 18-20 days, instead of paying the normal 6.25% sales tax, on a lease you only have to pay 1.2%....thats about a 1500 dollar saving!

My total DRIVE out is 34,092! Is that a good deal, i know some people got the car for 32,500.....but the best i could do is 33,100....and the car is on the lot, (silver exterior & ebony inside)

Is this a good deal, i havent approved of it yet! Also...does anyone know if theyre are any other lease specials or rebates i should know about, also does anyone know what money factor is the standard factor that they deal with. I read .0025 or something but im not sure.

Thanks for everything!
  • dealhuntingdealhunting Member Posts: 1
    The 34,092 w/ NAVI you're talking about is awesome. What dealership is giving you that deal? The best I've been offered so far is 34,000 drive-out without the NAVI.
  • holdemholdem Member Posts: 3
    My brother bought a 04 TL auto w/o navi last month for $30,800 plus TTL. The price includes destination and processing fee. That's $500 over the invoice price. We got two dealers to agree to that price, one in VA and one in MD. He ended up buying from the the MD dealer because they gave him a better deal on his used car.

Had I visited this forum first, I would've told him to negotiate for a lower price, judging by the excellent deals that some of the people on this forum got.

For MY next car, I would definitely check this forum first before I head out.
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    How are you getting a "drive out price" of $34,092 if, in order to get the lower tax rate, you have to lease the car?

The $33,100 price sounds reasonable - about $1,000 over invoice. You will probably be able to do that good on a 2005 in a couple of months, since Acura is increasing the navigation system production for 2005. But if you need a car now, that's a decent deal, assuming it's NOT a demo or has excess test drive mileage on the odometer. I didn't want to take a new 6-speed "sitting" on the lot with 100-200 miles of crazy test drives, so I had the dealer order one to my exact specifications back in May (at $1,000 over invoice). I'd probably be less concerned with an automatic, but I still don't like the idea of more than 3-4 miles on the odometer.

P.S. Are you sure they aren't amortizing the sales taxes over a 5 year period? I've never heard of a state reducing the total sales tax to encourage leasing over buying, but I am aware of some states that spread the sales tax over the life of the lease (or 5 years).
  • eddiemaceddiemac Member Posts: 141
    This time last year I(actually my wife) purchased a brand new 2003 MDX w/nav and DVD from Lindsay Acura in Columbus Ohio. We live in Washington DC, and purchased form them because they gave us the best deal. Because of the service we received, I contacted them about purchasing a 2004 TL w/nav to replace my 2002 type-s. I was told that they are selling ALL 2004 TL'S AND MDX'S FOR $350 OVER INVOICE! If anyone has questions about an out-of-town purchase(very easy to do), you can contact me, or go to the MDX prices paid and buying experience board and read my post from last year, post #564. That post describes the entire purchase process with the MDX.
  • patentcad1patentcad1 Member Posts: 69
    Any word on 2005 TL price increase (if any) and added features? If the 2005 intro date is Sept. 16th I'll wait. That means dealers have been giving me mis-leading information - two told me they had ordered October cars and they were 2004's and that the 2005's weren't due in until November. Oh well. Car sales reps stretching the truth- there's a shock.
  • anthracitetlanthracitetl Member Posts: 2
    Hey Habitat1, My dealer had a 2004 TL with the A-spec package on their showroom floor. To be honest with you, it wasn't very impressive. The aero package makes the car look like a spaceship, and the extra money you'll pay for it (versus a standard TL) just isn't worth it. The 18" rims and the Brembo brakes are nice, but you're right...the difference in handling is minimal. Plus, keep in mind that you will have to replace the high performance brakes and tires on the TL with the A-spec package more often than a standard TL.

I just purchased my TL w/out Navi system for $31K (includes wheel locks, trunk liner, and mud flaps)at Davis Acura in Langhorne. Plus, they give you a $100 voucher for service. By the way, their service department is outstanding! If anyone is looking to purchase a new TL, I would strongly suggest going to Davis.
    I agree, the TL A-Spec package is really "Sus-Pect" as far as value goes. Case in point, the dealer I took my car in for an oil change last week will only order an A-Spec package with a $7,500 non-refundable deposit. So far, they ordered one and they forewarned that buyer that they probabaly wouldn't take it back on a trade. They don't want to get stuck with a car they can't sell. Claim that there is just too low of demand and that most prospective TL purchasers think it's way over the top in terms of styling. Even those cross shopping the 330i and other "performance" oriented sedans don't see the point of $6,000+ going mostly to body cladding, with minimal handling and braking difference over the standard 6-speed w/ HPT.

I hope no one that orders an A-Spec changes their mind. According to my dealer, they would be lucky to re-coup $1,000 over the standard model on resale.
  • jboshjbosh Member Posts: 1
    I am getting ready to purchase a used '04 Acura TL and wanted to get some opinions on the negotiated price. The car has 3020 miles and the dealer is firm on the price of 28,975. Apparently a woman bought it and then decided she wanted a green one with a nav system. Does this seem like a good deal? I would appreciate any opinions as this is my first car.
  • anthracitetlanthracitetl Member Posts: 2
    I think so...my dealer has an 04 TL with 2,000 miles and no navi system on their lot for about $35K. I can't believe that some of their used 04 TLs cost just as much, if not more, than a new TL. Most people who have purchased a new TL w/out navi have spent between $30-$33K, so your deal, in my opinion, sounds good.
  • rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
    ... ** The car has 3020 miles and the dealer is firm on the price of 28,975 **

Thats a Great price .. maybe too good, have it checked real close, and if all is well then ~ Grab it .. they're doing that and more at the auctions .......

Terry.
    "Fair price" does not necessarily equal "good deal".

$28,975 is only $1,300 under invoice for a brand new 2004 TL, including freight. Given a 3% dealer holdback, it's only about $300 over dealer cost. I'm no "auction" expert, but I can't believe the wholesale market for a used TL with over 3,000 miles is anywhere near the dealer cost for a new one. My guess is that the wholesale value of that car would be at least $2,000 to $3,000 under dealer cost for a new one, or more like $26,000.

Is it a "good deal"? I guess if the car is perfect and you aren't planning on trading it anytime soon, saving $1,500-2,000 over what you could probably by a new 2004 is worth it. But if you can wait for the 2005, I don't think a $2,000 savings for a used 2004 is worth it over a brand new 2005; certainly not if you plan on selling or trading it within 4-5 years.
  • hollismbhollismb Member Posts: 4
    Went into a local Atlanta Dealership yesterday, and wanted to get other's opinions on the deal they offered me before I left and said I'd think about it, reserving me the option to haggle some more. This is for a 42 month lease on the Auto TL w/o Navigation:

Cap Cost: 31, 600
    Aquisition Fee: 595.00
    = Gross cap cost: 32,195.00
    Residual: 16,929.45

Money Rate: 0.00220
    ------------------------------------------
    1000 down includes:

First payment: 493.87
    Cap Cost reduction: 44.98
    'Other fees': 398
    and some various taxes on those amounts.
    ------------------------------------------
    Total comes to 493.87 a month.

Cant someone comment on that, and tell me how it looks, and where I might want to squeeze them for more off?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    It looks pretty good... If you got one of the better deals posted on this board ($30,800), then that would cut about $21/month off your lease. So, you can try to negotiate more off the cap cost, or maybe negotiate out some of those "other fees", or get some accessories thrown in..

Did they run the numbers for 39 or 36 months? The payment may not be much higher, if you'd rather do the lower term..

I'm assuming your payment above includes tax.. if not, something is not right.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Oh yeah, I forgot, that's with 5% sales tax. I don't know what those other fees are. Ideally, I think I'll try to haggle down the price closer to 31,000. But that sounds okay?
    yeah... all the numbers look right.. 51% residual... is that 15K miles per year? If so, only worry is coming out of warranty for the last couple of months (3.5 yrs X 15K equals 52,500 miles). Once you negotiate your final cap cost, you might ask them to run the numbers for 39 and 36 months.. you might find them nearly as low. 39mo/15K keeps you under 50K for the whole term.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yeah, 15K miles. The only problem I've ever had with the TL I have now (2001) is that the transmission was messed up and had to be replaced, but we all know about that recall anyway. For that one, I don't remember all the numbers, but I'm paying 425.71 a month from the same dealer, same lease terms. I'm guessing the higher price justifies the higher payment. I think I'll try to get them down some though on the price of the car. I'm not really a big fan of shelling out 1K for the first payment though, which is why I had them roll the 595 aquisition fee into the car cost.
  • chalkpiechalkpie Member Posts: 21
    Mad Russian -

If I may ask, what was the name of the dealer that you worked with at Rallye Acura? My buddy has been there but wasn't quoted 32,100 by a long shot.

Thanks for your help.
  • kennyg5kennyg5 Member Posts: 360
    That price from Rally Acura seems a bit too good! I was at that dealership two years ago when shopping for an 03 RL with Nav. A cheerful young salesman greeted me and gave me a price of $38k off the bat (MSRP was $45.5K). The quoted price was about $2k below invoice, and before Edmunds and other car forums (fora?)even made public Acura's cash incentive of $3k. I was tempted to seal the deal then, but decided to let my wife also test drive the car before pulling the trigger.

When I returned to the dealership with my wife the week after, the young salesman was not there. Instead, a middle-aged, heavily-perfumed and be-jeweled saleswoman greeted us. She only gave my wife a three minute test drive, as she was busy trying to court other waiting customers (it was a busy Saturday afternoon). Then, she blurted out a price of $37.5k and said it was the bottom line. (I checked carsdirect.com before we went and the quoted price there was $37k). Not happy with her attitude, we left.
    hollismb... all your numbers are right on the money.. If you can work the price down some, I'd say you have a good deal.. It seems like your dealer is being up front with all the variables.. Good luck!

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yeah, I literally typed all that off a worksheet the salesman and I were using. They're pretty up front, it seems, at this dealership, and there's literally no pressure. When I decided I'd haggled enough for the day, which was maybe twenty minutes, I just had him copy it, said I'd take a few days to think about it and check around, and the guy actually said, "Take all the time you need." Part of the reason I bought from them a few years ago. Now I just gotta work down that price. Ideally, I'd want to get them to 31 K even. That's all, of course, with the protection package thrown in, which they do on all their TLs.
    I ran your numbers with the 36 month residual.. which I believe is 56%.. and the payment goes up about $19/month, using all the same parameters as your original deal.. Just thought you might like to know the difference.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pikachupikachu Member Posts: 6
    I am getting quote of 33k flat w/ navi with any color of my choosing, this is the coolest deal I seen so far, did anyone beat this price, let me know and I will go haggle harder.
    $33k is roughly $900, if I'm not mistaken. I got a 6-speed Nav w/ HPT tires in my one and only color choice via an ordered car for $1,000 over invoice $33.3k in May, with no dealer processing fees or other such add ons or garbage.

If I were in the market now, I'd either want to do better or wait until the 2005's came out, to save on a model year of depreciation. I did my deal in May primarilily because I was trading a Honda S2000 and it's market value peaks in the late spring. Had that not been the case, I would have waited for the 2005 even back then, as I now am for our SUV replacement.
  • miisumiisu Member Posts: 2
    My husband and I went to Pye Acura (Chattanooga TN) today to test drive 04 TL. After the drive the sales guy asked us to go in to "put the numbers on paper". We told him that we don't really plan to buy today, but we'll take his offer and look around. So, the TL we looked at was 04 TL w/o Nav, auto, and it had a "protection package" for 895.- (which wasn't there 2 weeks ago, and we were not interested in). Sticker was 34,000.-. We told him that we don't want any add-ons.
    So he comes to us and quotes 33,500.-, we told him no way. So, he went to talk to the "sales manager" and came back with 32,500.-
    We had decided that we will not buy it above 31,500.-. So the guy comes back, and quotes 32,000, and told us that this is the absolute low he can go. We told him we wanted 31,500. So he went back to the manager.
    We waited about 20 minutes, and were laughing about the "wait". The guy came back with some "big wig" who took over the negotiations and was abolutely rude. He was talking down to us and sized us up and down. We weren't intimidated, I must add. Anyways, so the "big wig" told us that for 31,500 he can put us in a LEASE (which we were not interested in). We laughed and said no and added that we'll look around at other dealerships then. So he gave us his spiel about how other dealerships would not provide us a free loaner car during service etc, and we answered that it really doesn't matter to us. So he looked at me in the eye and said condescendinlgy : "I see that ALL you're interested in is the PRICE". An I said yes, we will not go above 31,500. He got p***ed and wrinkled up our papers and told us to have a nice day. We got up and left.
    We've bought cars before, and never have I felt so disrespected as I felt at Pye Acura in Chattanooga, TN. They used many dirty tricks you read about here such as letting you wait, raising their voice, and coercion. So over 500 bucks they lost the sale. Go figure!
    I personally don't think 31,500 was such an unreasonable number.
  • kennyg5kennyg5 Member Posts: 360
    Considering others are paying $33k to $33.5k for an auto with Nav, your offer of $31.5k w/o nav does not seem unreasonable, unless Pye Acura is the only dealer in town and it has a monopoly. It is hard to believe Acura dealers are using such horrible sales tactics and attitude.
  • cpa4ucpa4u Member Posts: 136
    I just bought a TL 3 weeks ago in Nashville. I live in southern Ky and Acura dealers are very scarce around here. I was in the Chattanooga area one Saturday and went over to Pye to look at what they had. The day that I was there (about 5 weeks ago) they had the protection package listed at $895 PLUS $1,000 for some stupid market adjustment (i.e. additional dealer profit for nothing!) on all their cars. This was making the non-nav cars $35,000 per the window sticker.

I had quotes at that time from Atlanta for $30,850 and from Memphis for $31,200. I told the sales guy at Pye these numbers and he said "we have NEVER sold an '04 TL for anywhere close to that and we don't plan to start now". So, without going any farther with negotiations, I got in my car and left.
  • miisumiisu Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to both kennyg5 and cpa4u for reply.
    They are the only Acura dealer in town, and I guess that's why they're acting like this. Well, we already have contacted dealers in ATL and gotten offers below what we were ready to pay at Pye.
    .. ** My guess is that the wholesale value of that car would be at least $2,000 to $3,000 under dealer cost for a new one, or more like $26,000**

===============================

I wish I could agree with you - $26,0 ..? .l.o.l. these 04 TL's are doing some strong monies at the auctions, so tell me were and when, cuz' I will buy a dozen of them, they're certainly not distressed merchandise .. depending on the dealer, area, color and options, most are in short supply, and you can't count holdback because it's certainly not a profit center, here's some info for you ..

$26.? maybe if it's had a few rounds at the K-Mart parking lot and bunches of miles before it got there ................... ;)

Terry.

08/04/2004 CEN FLA $ 29,900 6,319 2 BLUE 6G 6 X SE
    08/10/2004 DFW $ 29,500 7,380 GOLD 6G A X SW
    08/12/2004 CHICAGO $ 29,000 7,704 BLACK 6G A X MW
    07/15/2004 MANHEIM $ 30,600 8,395 SILVER 6G A X NE
    07/16/2004 MANHEIM $ 27,800 9,038 PRLWHITE 6G A X NE
    07/23/2004 MANHEIM $ 26,000 9,325 BLACK 6G A X NE
    08/10/2004 DFW $ 32,000 9,513 RED-R522 6G A X SW
    08/10/2004 DFW $ 27,250 9,597 GLD-YR53 6G A X SW
    08/04/2004 CEN FLA $ 28,700 10,059 GRAY 6G A X SE
    07/13/2004 DFW $ 31,000 10,323 BLUE 6G A X SW
    07/13/2004 DFW $ 30,000 10,326 BLUE 6G A X SW
    08/10/2004 DFW $ 31,500 11,290 WHT-NH68 6G S X SW
    07/21/2004 LOUISVLL $ 33,400 11,964 BLACK 6G A X MW
    07/13/2004 FAAO $ 29,600 12,794 BLUE 6G A X SE
    07/21/2004 CEN FLA $ 29,300 13,125 2 PEARL 6G A X SE
    07/13/2004 FAAO $ 27,700 13,571 SILVER 6G A X SE
    08/10/2004 DFW $ 31,500 14,913 GOLD 6G A X SW
    07/21/2004 LOUISVLL $ 33,000 15,036 BLUE 6G S X MW
    07/21/2004 DALLAS $ 26,400 15,222 GREEN 6G A X SW
    07/21/2004 LOUISVLL $ 32,700 16,778 GRAY 6G A X MW
    07/21/2004 LOUISVLL $ 33,250 16,923 BLACK 6G A X MW
    07/21/2004 LOUISVLL $ 30,300 18,121 GOLD 6G S X MW
    07/13/2004 FAAO $ 30,000 18,606 GOLD 6G A X SE
    07/13/2004 DFW $ 27,500 26,913 SILVER 6G A X SW
    Well I can't sell you a dozen, but I could possibly sell you mine.

What, as a dealer, would you pay for a mint condition 2004 TL anthracite/ebony 6 speed w/ HPT and 4,100 miles? If it's $31,000 or more (the equaivalent to the $28,950 deal for a non-nav auto), then we may have a deal.

Part of my point was that, at least based upon my experience, most dealers significantly discount slightly used cars as trade-ins. I'm sure you've heard the "you lose 15-20% driving the car off the lot". And yet, they try to sell them for a nominal discount under what the actual prices for a new one go for (in the case above, about 6-7% less, given that one could pick up a new non-nav for about $31k fairly easily now). As such, if I made up my mind that I would accept a nearly new used car, I'd look for a private seller to split the difference.

P.S. I am happy with our TL, but my wife and kids don't like the seat comfort for longer drives. After a ride in a friends new 545i, it is a tempting, albeit expensive upgrade. And the sport seats are the most comfortable I've sat in, bar none. Even the rear seats are much more supportive.
    ........ I'm sure the prices will be coming down as more and more hit the market, but right now, they have sold "around" 50,0 units and demand is probably "around" 75,000+ .. that being said, Acura's have always had a big resale value, super clean super nice 02's with low miles are doing the strong $18's - good vehicles get good prices .....

$31 ..? can't help ya there, everything was going your way until that *6 speed* part raised it's ugly head, now your talkin' that $26,0 range, that's a small market and they're hard to sell ~ new or used ... also keep in mind for future reference, Nav systems are convenient and some folks really have a need for them and enjoy them on a daily basis, then it's worth the extra money .. but as far as resale value, they're worth about $500ish at trade time ........ :)

Terry.
    Interesting comments.

When shopping for the TL in April/May, the best I could do in terms of a navigation equiped car in the DC area was $500 off MSRP. A non-Nav could be easlily had for $1,500 off MSRP. That made the effective difference between a nav and non-nav vehicle about $3,000. I wouldn't have paid that much myself - I ended up negotiating a deal out of state for $1,000 over invoice on any TL, and picked the navigation one. In 10 weeks, it's convinced me it was a very good decision. I would much sooner part with a sunroof than the navigation system, given the option.

As for 6-speed vs. auto, a similar story. The 6-speeds were hard to come by and, therefore, nav equiped 6-speeds were even harder to get a deal on in the DC area. We'll have to see about resale, when the time comes. In the case of the BMW the market value for manual transmissions is definitely higher than for automatics in my area, at least in the 330ci, M3 and even the 540i arena. The 6-speed only M5 has one of the highest resale values of any premium sedan out there. Even my lowly 1995 Maxima SE 5-speed seemed to have a higher resale than the automatics. However, Acura clearly doesn't have BMW's reputation for being a "drivers car" (and maybe not even the previous Maxima's), so the 6-speed may indeed limit resale on the TL.

On the "strong $18's" being a good resale value for a 2002 TL, I'm not sure I agree. I traded my 2002 S2000 (6-speed only) for $22.5k and could have sold it privately for $24-25k+ if I wanted to go through the hassle. It cost within a few dollars of what a friend's 2002 TL-S cost. He was recently offered $17.5k on trade in from his Acura dealer on a new 2004 TL. He has a few more miles on his TL-S than I had on my S2000 (28,000 vs. 18,500) but his tires are still very good and my rears were in need of replacement.

I would define good resale as my marketing director's experience with her 1999 E300 Turbodiesel she just sold upon delivery of her new E320 CDI. She had paid $43,000 in late 1998 and put 78,000 miles on the car. Was offered $20,000 on trade-in; but had no problem selling it for $24,000 privately with one ad in the Washington Post.
  • pyranhamdpyranhamd Member Posts: 15
    My wife and I test drove both the manual and the AT today, and we'd prefer the manual. I know the MSRP prices are the same for both...are dealers charging more for manual/nav than for at/nav because of the scarcity?
    pyranhamd,

I think pricing is a local supply / demand situation. Dealers in the DC area were unwilling to deal much on ANY navigation equiped model back in April. However, by buying out of state at a small dealership that was willing to order a car specifically for me, they didn't care which one it was, auto or 6-speed, nav or not. By the way, I recommend getting the HPT upgraded tire package if you go with the 6-speed (not available on the automatic). Combined with the Brembo brakes and stiffer suspension, it is a noticably tighter handling car than the automatic, IMO.

rroyce10,

I forgot to mention that after a recent oil change, my Acura service manager congratulated me on getting the 6-speed. He had a Legend GS 6-speed which he recently passed down to his daughter. 225,000 miles and counting on the original clutch. He advises friends and family against Acura automatics, based upon the recent hisory and continued uncertainty as to whther they have really fixed the problems (he has already had one transmission failure of an early 2004 TL). In his words, the 6-speeds are "bulletproof" transmissions, not to mention a hell of lot more fun to drive.
    Got a firm quote today of $32,800 for a 6MT with Nav (Anthracite/Ebony). Needless to say, unless they really try to lowball my trade, they've got a deal! The next best quote was about $33,500.
  • pikachupikachu Member Posts: 6
    how much over invoice is this, is this worth buying since it's approx 2.5k under MSRP, maybe an 05 with 1k discount in december is a better deal.
  • tracyktracyk Member Posts: 1
    When you mentioned TTL, was that 33,000 for the Acura and then you paid an additional price for your TTL? Were you charged any type of admin fee? I have heard that dealers will give you a price, then tacked on an admin fee and whatever else.
    I have also been looking in the Chicago area.
  • highenderhighender Member Posts: 1,358
    you guys are right....the A-spec is not really that useful of a package...

I read in Car & Driver that it only improves the handling by a miniscule amount...from 0.89 to 0.90g . There is no engine mods...and the car kinda rides bumpy and firm. God forbid if you are in the rear seats on a long trip. My mother in law almost threw up ( hey, so the A-spec IS useful, eh ? :) ). joking.

I think it is a profit vehicle only. we got it cause the price was right, and there was no wait, and it was what my wife wanted....

It does look nice...
    Invoice is $32,120 so my quote was exactly $700 over invoice. I actually ended up going with the hometown dealership (Baierl, Wexford PA) at a price of $33,600. They gave me almost $1000 more for my trade than anyone else offered. On a side note, I got an email this morning with a quote of $32,650, so the prices are definitely starting to drift towards invoice.
  • centaur83centaur83 Member Posts: 2
    I live in the Philadelphia area and am looking at a TL. Just curious whether you received quotes from any dealers in the Philly area?
  • rsr152rsr152 Member Posts: 9
    pyranhamd, can you tell what dealer it was who quoted 32650 for a 6MT w/ Nav? Thanks in advance.
  • hubertyhuberty Member Posts: 4
    I am hoping to get more info about 2005 TL, specifically, any idea about the likely improvements and the availability date.

Thanks!
  • highenderhighender Member Posts: 1,358
    I agree that the ride in the back is kinda stiff for long drives. Especially true with the A-spec edition. However, it is not bone jarring, and can be gotten used to .

When we drove motherinlaw down to San Jose hospital, she got sick. Upon leaving, we switched cars, so my sister in law drove our new TL back to Sunnyvale, and we drove the in laws back in the 525i...which had a much smoother, softer ride. But no way am I going to trade the TL for a bimmer. The tech and convenience is just way much better in the TL, IMO.