Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kennyg5kennyg5 Member Posts: 360
    Yours sounds like the best deal I've heard so far for the NYC area. Which dealer did you use? I think there is only one or two Acura dealers in Manhattan and may be six to seven in Brooklyn and Queens combined?
  • njaynjay Member Posts: 1
    Anybody have a recent price paid for a 04TL w/ Navi auto in the SF Bay Area.. best I've gotten is 34K- Was told by dealer that they can't give east coast prices.
  • patentcad1patentcad1 Member Posts: 69
    2005 pricing was posted on the Acura website today. Net price increase is only $275. I'm wondering if the $32500 price that I'm getting from Paragon Acura in NY is really such a great deal after all. Considering that the new list price of the car is approx $35,500 and that dealers won't be so eager to discount the 2005's that much, my guess is that I'm only saving $1000 (I would wager that you can buy the 2005 for $2K off sticker even early in the model year). That's probably worth it for me since I plan on keeping the car for at least five years. If I trade it may hurt me to the tune of $3K or so, but I'm saving $1000 now, so it's not exactly high finance. I'm pretty sick of waiting at this point and they have the car with the color and equipment that I wanted.
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    Listing your email in your message is not a good idea. You will get a lot of spam that way. It is better to list your email as public in your account.
  • jkimfotojkimfoto Member Posts: 5
    Hey Host can you delete my message then?
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    Too bad you want two TL's. If you only needed one, I was going to offer to get you a 2005 at $1,000 over invoice at my dealer in PA and drive it halfway to Mrytle Beach or Hilton Head. In exchange, you could pick up a GX470 for me in Florida at $2,000 over invoice and meet me for a swap and round of golf. I could probably get a buddy to drive the second one down, but you'd need to bring the forth along to drive them back to Florida.

It is interesting how certain vehicles have significantly different market values depending upon geography. Florida and California have the lowest prices on GX470's; PA and Ohio have the cheapest prices on TL's.
  • 1violinist1violinist Member Posts: 338
    "Florida and California have the lowest prices on GX470's; PA and Ohio have the cheapest prices on TL's."

Hey, Habitat1! Any idea where the cheapest prices on new RL's?
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    Done. Goodluck on your search.
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    Good question. I got my TL in Pennsylvania for $1,000 over invoice back in May when all the dealers in the DC area were quoting me MSRP or near MSRP. The car had to be ordered - 6 speed Nav with HPT package in only one color choice - and they still went out of their way to trade their incoming allocation to get exactly the one I want. That suggests to me that they would also bargain on an RL.
  • flfungirlflfungirl Member Posts: 19
    I just got an internet price quote for a 6MT non/navi for $32,445 plus TTL. The TMV price for my area lists it closer to $31,500. I replied back to the dealer (Ferman in Tampa) and asked if they'd be more competive and mentioned the TMV price I found. I haven't heard back from anyone yet. Basically the price they gave me was only $750 off MSRP!! Not that great. What did you pay and which dealer did you go to? Does the $32,445 quote sound like a decent deal to you?
  • tomhanxtomhanx Member Posts: 6
    My love-hate relationship with the TL is finally over; I bought my TL yesterday!

Car Desc: 2004 TL, Auto with Nav
    Car Price: $32650 (MSRP - $2000)
    Amount Paid : $36392 (including fees, taxes, accessories)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Congratulations... by the way.. I loved you in Cast Away...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• igibanigiban Member Posts: 530
    Mind telling us which dealer in bay area sold you the TL? Congrats. Seems like a great price for bay area. Is that end of model year in the works?
  • khastakkhastak Member Posts: 18
    I plan to buy a 04 TL Auto without Nav , whats the best price around Cleveland, OH region. Any particular dealer that you might suggest.

Any addtional tips for a good buy are welcomed
  • vikvadervikvader Member Posts: 1
    i just purchased on '04 TL for 30,700 w/out Nav. I tried to get it for invoice (30,325) plus a 100-200 but nobody in the western suburbs would budge. Most are trying to get rid of their inventories for around 31K for the non-nav 04 models.
  • aaarghaaargh Member Posts: 230
    I bought my 5AT/Non-Navi in May from Motorcars. They didn't give me too good a deal ($31,800). They did give me a good deal on my trade though.

HOWEVER, that was before Acura of Cleveland opened. Since then, I've heard prices are lower. I'm willing to bet Acura of Cleveland will give you a good deal, and you can use it to bargain with Motorcars.

I suggest you give both (and Park in Akron) a shot and see who will deal.
  • 1bobthompson1bobthompson Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Chicago also. Ready to buy the same car. Was the Dealer Pauly in Libertyville? Why didn't you get the Nav? Not in stock?
  • qwallsqwalls Member Posts: 406
    Acura of Cleveland quoted $30,899 on 9/10 for a Non-Nav, but they may be even lower now. I ended up ordering a 2005 w/ Nav from them. Worth the drive from Columbus.
  • aaarghaaargh Member Posts: 230
    That's surprising considering just a few months ago, Lindsay in Columbus had the best prices in the nation.

Glad you got a good price in the better half of the state. LOL
  • khastakkhastak Member Posts: 18
    Thank you for your tips i will contact all three dealers: Motorcars, Acura of Cleveland and Park in Akron.

Secondly is it late to get a good bargain for 2004 models: will the dealers still have some in stock?
  • stagemgrstagemgr Member Posts: 1
    What would be a fair discount from Invoice for a Dealer Demo non-Nav 2004 TL. Car has approx 1000miles.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    "Fair" is not a word usually used when pricing a Demo.. Most dealers don't offer much of a discount.. Usually, the best deal you can get is invoice.

You just have to decide what amount is "worth it" to you.. If you get any amount under invoice, you've done well...

1000 miles isn't very many miles, though..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Got one quote from Ferman Acura in Tampa over the net for a 2004 non/navi for $32,445. Total was around $35,200. That price stinks. Crown in Clearwater said they don't have any of my color choice (white diamond/quartz) in stock so they cannot quote me.

Any other dealerships near the Bay Area that are willing to negotiate a good deal? I prefer to pay no more than $33-34K OTD. Basically $1K over invoice tops. Is this possible given the popularity? If not we may just have to go w/ a TSX. Still a nice car but TL is so much nicer in alot of ways!!
  • qwallsqwalls Member Posts: 406
    Lindsay still has the best prices if you want a 2004, but unless things have changed in the last 20 days, 2005s are "near MSRP".

Which part of the state is better is a matter of opinion. :-)
  • dude248dude248 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Forum,

I got a quote for 2004 Acura TL w/o Nav -
      30,937 + TTL = 33000, just wondering if it a
      good deal in houston region...please share ur
      opinions or suggestions
  • ark44568ark44568 Member Posts: 1
    Not too bad. I got a quote last week from Sterling McCall for $31,195 for 04 No Nav - AT
  • pete419pete419 Member Posts: 8
    Tomhanx,

Congratulations! Sounds like a great deal.

Question: What accessories were included?

Pete
  • kawenakawena Member Posts: 3
    which dealership did u go to? that looks like a pretty gud deal... am planning 2 buy one next week? i wanna know anybody who bought '04 TL recently los angeles area,how much did it cost u?
  • klee3klee3 Member Posts: 57
    The deal looks pretty good. I received a quote of $33,500 drive out for a 2004 non-navi TL at Sterling McCall three weeks ago. Which dealership did you get your quote from? Sterling McCall's includes mud guards, trunk tray, and floor mats. Does your deal include them?
  • honestinfohonestinfo Member Posts: 7
    Hard to find '04 TL's, the 05's are now coming out. The best quotes I've seen for '04 with Nav is $34,200 from Pasadena Acura (although they now don't have any left). Thomas Acura comes close. I'm looking for an '05, not many people have them yet and the best I'm seeing is $2000 above invoice (Thomas Acura thru the Costco buying program, but it's an estimate since they don't have it in yet)...someone said they got $1000 above invoice, I'd like to know which dealership is offering this! Thanks.
    "The best quotes I've seen for '04 with Nav is $34,200 from Pasadena Acura..."

Way too high! People were getting better deals 6 months ago, not at the end of the model year!!!
  • l8ginl8gin Member Posts: 1
    I just bot a new 2004 Acura TL with Navi for $32823.

Is this a reasonable buy?
  • honestinfohonestinfo Member Posts: 7
    I don't know of anyone still selling '04's, the figure from Pasadena Acura refers to the time when they were available. I'd appreciate more specific info than "people getting better deals 6 months ago", like which dealerships in L.A., thanks.
    thnx pete.

accessories included wheel locks and splash guards.

THanx.
  • tcltcl Member Posts: 42
    I spoke with Cerritos and Keyes( last Thur. ), they still have a few 04 left on the lot. They said the 05 is on the way. Paseadena is a small dealer they may get the 05 later than the bigger dealer. I email serval dealer arround LA area, less than half response. The dealers response only by calling. They do not send email or give quote on the phone. I got a email quote from Valenica six months ago. This time they not even response. I have three different salesperson call me from Keyes, are they suppose to be only one internet sale manager ?
  • tcltcl Member Posts: 42
    You can order 05 with Nav for about the same price at Downey internet sales. I have a quote of $32,400 includes dest. w/o Nav. to order incoming future shipment with trade from other dealer. I think the price is still a little high.
  • paisleyblue99paisleyblue99 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have buying experience for the TL in the SJ/SF bay area? I just had a salesperson back down on a quote he gave me for an '05 TL Nav after he 'was told he can only discount so much off MSRP'.

BTW, can the person who posted that he/she paid $1000 over invoice for an '05 TL Nav state whether it was actually in the LA area or somewhere on the east coast?
  • rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
    .... **any of my color choice (white diamond/quartz)** ...

It's Florida, so your paying for the color .. I bet you can buy a black one "cheap" ........ ;)

Terry.
  • fbezafbeza Member Posts: 11
    I didn't see a reply where you bot the car. I am waiting for internet quotes for a TSX but after looking at the car at the dealer last night I am seriously considering the TL now. Not much rear legroom on the TSX.
    You think? All I see on the roads are black TL's. Only seen a couple white. You'd think that the more popular colors would have less bargaining ablitity.

Oh well, I can't pass up the white pearl. It's too beautiful in person!
  • richardzrichardz Member Posts: 2
    I was fortunate to be able to take advantage of the hurricane's here in Florida. The car dealers didn't sell any cars for several weekends - they ended up calling ME after my first visit to see what they could do to earn my business. I ended up paying only $31,500 for my Deep Green Pearl 2004 Acura TL w/o nav. I also got the mud flaps, trunk tray and floor mates included in that price. I got a great deal. What a HOT AWESOME car.
    I've heard month end so the dealership can meet their quotas. I've also heard that you can get an even better deal at quarter end. Is this true? Should I try to hold off until the end of December or do prices go up around Christmas?

First time new car buyer..as if you can't tell :o)
    I think end of December would be a good time. People are usually shopping like crazy for the holidays that they don't have time, energy, or "money" for a car! :-)
  • m3inatlm3inatl Member Posts: 2
    bcbobby - Still haven't made up my mind. Nalley seemed ready to deal and they have 4 or 5 dealer loaner cars for sale. I haven't taken it to the next level yet, but I think they may have some inventory to get rid of. Check out their ramp, it's full of TL's. At least it was in mid Sept.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A midwestern newspaper would like to talk with someone who, in the past month, bought a luxury vehicle (other than a Lexus) for which minimal incentives were available. Please reply to jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, October 8, 2004 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your purchase decision.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tribblestribbles Member Posts: 56
    Now that I can't find the '04 TL I like, I guess I'll wait for '05. Going out to Marin Acura this PM. If I can get $1,000 over invoice I might consider. I just got a quote (I haven't haggled yet) for an '05 Lexus ES330 for 400 over invoice and I must say it's one luxurious car. Not quite a TL in driving experience.
  • sharpwitzsharpwitz Member Posts: 30
    Could someone please post on the current quote for the 2005 w/ Navi Auto Transmission for their area.

Even if you ordered it, please post any price.

I would think a fair price for the '05 is 34,000.

Considering people are buying the '04 for 32,600 and the new TL is $250 more. I will agree to pay an additional $1,150 for an '05. Am I asking too much or too little?

Thanks.
    I bought it from Acura of Concord.

THanx
  • jerrynycjerrynyc Member Posts: 4
    I paid 33k for mine in ny. 05 tl black on black with navigation. I worked out a deal for a 2004 and threatned to go to a carbroker and they worked with me by giving me 05 for 33k. So i took it, ill have it by month end.
  • jerrynycjerrynyc Member Posts: 4
    fyi-- black ones are not easy to come by.. esp. black on black with navigation. esp. on the east coast, it takes a very long time to get one.