Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Just shop around and dont buy from that dealer.
  • bluengubluengu Member Posts: 2
    I just got back from picking up the car. (I drove from Wichita) Everything went beautifully. Everyone was professional and my sales guy was great. I would recommend Don Carlton. It looks like they even threw in some wheel locks (found them in my trunk)
  • schwabbie1schwabbie1 Member Posts: 4
    I got mine at a local flea market for $125 installed. I think the make is draw-tight. Looks great with a removable receiver. If you go to google and type in acura trailer hitch, it will give you a bunch of sites that have what you need for less than a $100, but you have to provide the labor. You might also want to check out your local U-haul dealer. They install hitches pretty reasonably also. Good luck.
  • jfciii70jfciii70 Member Posts: 17
    You are right on the changes. I went in there today and they have about 15 06's, but they are hiding them in the back. They tried to sell me an 06 w/nav for 35940-would not budge on the price. I walked out and they followed me and said they would have some 05's w/nav in this week. I think if you wait till the end of the month you will get a better deal. At first they offered me $4500 for my trade(99 f-150), but I had the kbb print out with me-they finally went up to $5600, but still nothing of the sticker. I am going to try selling outright, as I am in no hurry. BTW- for all of you out there wanting to know if you should buy an 05 or 06, the salesman said that there is a noticeable difference in the way the 06 handles, but would not let me drive one?
  • rock11rock11 Member Posts: 4
    The price I have been offerered for a 06 TL/Nav is 1K over invoice, which they say is 32820.
    I guess this includes the destination charge. I have seen at least a few posts where others
    are getting 500 over invoice :lemon:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I don't know... $1000 over invoice on a brand-new '06 TL looks pretty good to me.. (and, that does look like the correct invoice price, including destination).

Just a month or two ago, people were pretty happy to get the '05 TL/NAV for the invoice price of $32,500... $1300 more for the '06 seems like a good deal..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tkstump12tkstump12 Member Posts: 5
    What dealership and where in New York. I am in Philadelphia and can't come close to that price. It would be worth it to travel up there.
  • ckigginsckiggins Member Posts: 68
    Wondering if any forum members have recently bought a TL (non-navi) in the St. Louis area. Specifically wondering what dealer & price paid. I bought my '02 RSX from Mungenast and was hoping to return there, but not sure how others were faring in terms of price.
  • tkerstingtkersting Member Posts: 1
    Bought from Mungenast Sept. 30. Non-nav Silver with black interior paid invoice plus there $117 dealer fees. Car had no dealer options (splash guards, trunk tray, etc...) Very easy negotiation done over the phone after initial test drive. Work with the Internet salespeople, check their website for this info.
  • elvis4prezelvis4prez Member Posts: 85
    32820 for '06 TL/Nav :surprise: ?!!! That is a deal I would take :):D;) .
    I must have missed the 500 over invoice posts ('05-yes, '06-no).
    32820 + 1000 = 33820 is the price offered. 32820 was the invoice price.
    I was reading some of the posts on Lexus ES3xx pricing thread and was very
    surprised to learn a good deal for that car was something like 87-91%MSRP.
    My surprises are two folds:
    1) I have not seen this type of pricing discussion in this thread, I mean using
    MSRP as a measure, and
    2) If we were to use the same measure and assuming 06 TL/Navi MSRP is
    $35800, and at 91% of that the price would be $32578, wow!

What's your thoughts?
  • tlmantlman Member Posts: 6
    Springfield NJ no diff in silver didn't really pay attention.
  • cdangcdang Member Posts: 12
    Wondering if anyone has recently bought a TL in Denver? Tried negotiating prices but they're not going anywhere near invoice. ;)
  • lowhomdoylowhomdoy Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had problems with the 2000 TL tranny?
  • fastfredfastfred Member Posts: 31
    Any thoughts on dealers in the Virginia area who are making decent deals on 06 TL auto navi's.
  • maxzoey1maxzoey1 Member Posts: 34
    I did have problems with my 2000 TL tranny. Tranny went at 40,000 kms (24000 miles). Back then the tranny problem was well noted. I was # 16 in Canada in line and at the time there were 163 people in the USA waiting for transmissions. After about 9 weeks of waiting for a transmission my dealer, took my car in trade and sold me a new 02 TL at cost. Best and most reasonable new car I ever bought. After 4 years and 170,000 KM, my 02 TL has been faultless. Just did regular maintenance. I am waiting for my new 06 TL to arrive, hopefully next week.
    You might get more responses if you post here:

Acura TL Owners: Problems & Solutions

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tcblairtcblair Member Posts: 6
    Any luck with out of state purchase? I think I need to try selling my Honda first instead of trading it in. We'll see. Have you been to Acura of Seattle or Bellevue?
  • fastfredfastfred Member Posts: 31
    Can you tell me the name of the dealership and location. Also in a private email, please provide me the point of contact.. If you made the deal how about an actual OTD breakdown..Thanks.
  • ptwellsptwells Member Posts: 18
    Not so far, probably because of the limited number of 06's. A few have offered 05s for what I've offered for a 06. Nevertheless, some competitive deals on 05's and weighing that option vs. how quickly 06's become more available prior to year end (re pricing & sales tax deduction).

As for locally, been everywhere with very little price give. Like the other response indicated, may try walking in with check in hand on the last day of the month 20 minutes before closing.

Tough call on your Honda as a trade-in has always been the great equalizer when it comes to new car pricing. Conversely, not a lot of people walking the streets with $20k cash in their pockets.

Keep you posted.
  • milehitlcmilehitlc Member Posts: 7
    I paid $1000 over invoice (05 w/navi) or $33,500 from Courtesy Acura on Broadway. I can tell you that I shopped around for almost a year thinking I would get the price I wanted. I started Nov of 05 and was quoted $800 under MSRP as the best price locally. It looks like I only saved about $1,200 by waiting for end of year savings. I shopped from Boulder to Colorado Springs and I can tell you there just isn't much negotiating in the Denver area. A little disappointing considering some of the prices quoted through internet sales sites in CA. Of course, then you have to pay to transport, etc. And by the time I got around to ordering my car in CA I discovered too late that the 05's were mostly gone. Now I'm not thinking about what I paid..... I'm just enjoying the ride!!! : :P
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    cdang,

Congrats on the car! What color did you get?

I have noticed a marked drop on the posts here lately, guess the 05's are just about gone and the 06's are still too pricey...

:(
  • jinvajinva Member Posts: 41
    Please post if you made the deal & where. I'm in the DC area and don't know which dealers are worth considering. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
    Edmunds now has TMV out for TL Nav
    05 = 33455 (still 1000 over inv, ? "outdated" info by a month?)
    06 = 35176 (784 off MSRP)
    diff = 1721 (worth it now?)
    milehitlc,

Tell me about it. Whenever I even mention anything close to invoice they go ballistic. $33,500 now that's something I'm definitely willing to pay. How much of a discount are people getting off of a 2006 w/ nav these days? If the difference is about $1,000 I might just go with an 06. Thanks for all of your help. This forum is really making my buying experience easier.
  • mgordon1mgordon1 Member Posts: 14
    cdang,
    I will be picking up my 06TL w/Navi @ $500 over invoice in a couple weeks.
    32820+500=33320. He has the pearl white in stock now but its not what I'm looking for. Has anyone seen the blue? I'm waiting for the red/parch but I'm interested in seeing the blue/quartz. What do you guys think?
    mgordon1
    If your Acura dealer doesn't have a blue to look at in person, go to a Honda dealer.
    The Royal Blue Pearl is on the '06 Accord and Civic also; they may have one in stock.
    I saw a shined up Civic in Royal Blue Pearl and was stunned and smitten by the color :);) (not the car).

Where did you get your '06 TL w/Navi at $500 over invoice? Share your negotiating tips, please!
    mgordon1,
    What market are you located in? The lowest I could get out of my dealers in Denver are $35,000. This really sucks. I need to move to California. Please share you negotiating tips.
  • dpavdpav Member Posts: 19
    Anyone know what HFAC is setting initial money factor and residual for the 06 TL for 12K miles 36 months? (no navi). Has anyone seen the invoice price for this model ? Thanks in advance...
    I haven't seen a published invoice price on the '06, as yet... But, considering the increase in base MSRP from the '05 model, you can bet on the invoice price being within $100 either way of $31,000.

For residuals and money factors, post your inquiry here:

Acura TL: Lease Questions

Regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ilove70ilove70 Member Posts: 9
    hi I bought a slightly used TL last winter and I just got the title in the mail today and it says it has a lein on it!!! I bought it from an acura dealer and it was certified. it had less than 10k miles on it when I bought it...is this grounds from me to void the sale and get my money back??? I did'nt put alot down and am paying it out! I don't want the bank or whoever to come and take my car away!!! please help me and tell me what to do
    thanks
  • bethesdakimbethesdakim Member Posts: 4
    went to rosenthal acura in gaithersburg saturday and was quoted $36,989 with navi/sales tax and tage. That seems way too much to me. Salesman said 2005s were totally gone, that they sold 84 last month. All he had left from 2005 was a couple of manual transmission models. Based on posts here went to several dealerships and offered to pay $32500, they scoffed at me. Thinking about buying the 6 speed manual, as I used to own an MGB and have manual experience, test drove the car and it seemed great. Anyone have a manual transmission experience? If I go to a manual from 2005, what should I be paying? Is 33K too much then ? The dealers seem to be making it difficult to buy their car, on the other hand they claim to have plenty of customers.
  • expertbiexpertbi Member Posts: 23
    Dealer offered an '05 TL w/Navi for:

299 - protection package
    239 - registration (for 4 years)
    298 - doc fee

Total = 33436
  • tlgaltlgal Member Posts: 22
    Hi Gang

I'm purchasing an 06 TL (with nav) next month. I tend to keep cars for awhile (10 yrs+) so thought I would get an extended warranty because of all the electronics/etc. I've been reading literature that states it's better to get a manufacturers warranty rather than an independent company. That's what I plan to ask for when I make my purchase. Would you share some advice/experience about Acura's warranties? Any help would be appreciated.
    :)
  • achenatorachenator Member Posts: 128
    elvis4prez, Still poking around I see. Anybody got the car you want in yet? I think I've decided to wait for an 06 as well. I may email a few dealers asking them to email me back when they want to sell me a 06 anthracite/ebony W/NAV for $34K. I am almost ready to buy but I am waiting for work to slow down(hopefully by the end of the month). Right now I have only about 2 days off every two weeks and I really don't have the time to buy a car,especially if I have to travel to do so. I think 34 is a reasonable price point that SOMEBODY should bite on. I'll prolly try everybody within 5 hours or so. Don't forget there is a dealer in Shreveport. I was even thinking of waiting until the last week of December but I'd really like to have a new car to enjoy for the holidays. Decisions,Decisions. At least I am looking for prolly one of the most popular colors, the blue you are looking for maybe harder to find, especially w/nav. when I bought my blue accord in 01 onlyh one dealer in La. had a blue ex w/leather :shades:
    When you get an auto loan from the bank, they put a lien on the title.. That doesn't mean they are coming to get your car.. That is so you can't sell the car, without paying them off first..

The car is collateral for the loan... The lien stays on, until you pay it off..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

achenator

Yes, I'm still "poking around" and going for an '06 at some point.
    You sound exactly on par with me timeframe and schedule wise.

I'm waiting to talk price with Baton Rouge; previous attempts were vague and derailed when I found out new '06 information that made me decide to wait for a new color combo. BR had no '06 as of a few days ago; their website is NOT updated or accurate for inventory at all. I'll hedge bets with offers elsewhere first ("meet or beat"). Have you actually offered anyone $34K? Seems reasonable for both parties to me.

For what it's worth, so far I've also gathered (not personally calling yet to "push them"):
    1. Walker (NO): Open and offering $500 "hurricane relief" off MSRP (on all Acuras) (per ad in today's paper) and not answering internet/email inquiries. They have a few '06 TLs in according to website. I'll call when I get a chance especially now that I-10 is open.
    2. Gilman (Houston): MSRP. Give me a break :( , Edmunds TMV is $35,156 = $784 off MSRP.
    3. John Eagle (Houston): in a few weeks the prices will "have time to settle down a bit more"???
    4. Greg Orr (Shreveport): $34,940 ($1000 off MSRP)
    5. Champion (Houston): "I will try to get you as close as $1000 over cost as possible" (the amount I "requested" or vaguely offered based on the 2005 quote given a month ago).
    6. Classic (Beaumont TX): $1000 off MSRP
    7. Sterling McCall (Houston): my desired combo with production date Oct 5-9 will be in by end of the month. Awaiting reply on pricing.

Did I do all your research for you by now??? :P

Let me know if this "jives" with what you have scrounged up. Maybe we'll have to make an offer together to buy 2 at once (large volume purchasing discount?! ;) ).
    Thanks for clearing that up for me...I was getting all worked up lol
  • achenatorachenator Member Posts: 128
    Yes, you are the man! (or the woman since I don't know). About as far as I have been is a test drive in BR. No 06's in yet, like you said, when inquiring about price "we'll have to see when we actually get the car you want." I haven't made any offers yet, being that not everyone has 06's in yet. I am so busy w/work that I haven't really started shopping price too much yet. I don't want to bother them until I know I have a few days clear. I work two jobs on the river so I have actually been home about 4 days since Katrina. Thank goodness for cellular internet. I appreciate all of the research you are doing and keeping me posted on your progress. One of my jobs is seasonal and should be finishing up in a few weeks and I will be back to a seven days on-seven off schedule. Makes buying a car nice when you have a whole week off to do so.

THANKS A BUNCH
    Bryan :)
    Crazy thought....anyone have any information on the 2007 TL??? will it look different at all? will there for sure be a design change? I know the 06 is'nt really here yet even but I was just thinking maybe it's worth it to wait the extra year...thanks :)
  • archer121archer121 Member Posts: 2
    I closed my deal on a TL yesterday after weeks of stalking. Karen Radley Acura, Woodbridge VA. They would not "really" talk price until I proved my sincerity in filling out a bunch of paperwork releasing my credit report etc. Originally I was trying to get close to invoice on a 05, Silver/Ebony/Navi, but the salesman was not even close with his original offer of $34,800 (incl. destination). I worked the monthly payment not to exceed angle with him and he referred me to the finance manager. Bottom line price was dealer invoice cost $32,600 (incl. destination, not including VA tax & lic). Financing at 4.9% (they met the rate of my credit union). Before I went in, I went Honda America online and found that I could get a $50 deductable, 7 yr., 100K extended warranty myself for around $1250, I got Acura Care warranty $0 deductable 7yr/100k at the dealer for $1,400 (worth it because of the additional benifits over Honda America). For anyone interested, they had what looked like more than a hand full of 05's and a few 06's in stock. It was a very pleasurable experience that took only 90 minutes from start to out the door. I would reccommend Karen Radly to anyone.

After my experiences shoppimg, I would have to say that I would be very surprised if you could get "real deal" pricing from any dealer on any make or model of vehicle unless you are 1. there in person, not over the internet or phone and 2. Willing to prove you are ready to buy. Just my $.02.
  • stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    An Acura dealer outside of Phila. offered me a 2006 TL, for $600.00 over invoice. It's the best deal that I've been offered. However, I also got a great price of $24,650 for a 2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6. Their both beautiful vehicles, and I have until tomorrow evening to make up my mind. One negative is that the Acura uses hi-test gas. Any positive or negative suggestions would be of great help. One more thing, why does it seem that everyone likes the navig. system so much?

• stickymanstickyman Member Posts: 53
    Purchased my 05 TL w/Navi one month ago for $32,650.00 including the protection package and Doc.fee. I purchased mine in Overland Park, Ks. (KC)....luv it, unbelievable car. Hope this helps ;)
    Stickyman
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,686
    While we may offer our advice, you will be spending your money. Why do you have 'till tomorrow evening? If you're unsure between the two (and I assume you've extensively researched/driven each and neither is outstanding over the other in your mind), I'd go with the Accord and save the $$$.

I went with the TL, but no Nav. I know the roads around here pretty well, so felt no need. I have used the Nav in my brother's MDX in LA and not knowing my way on the left coast, it was great to have. Easy to use, never felt lost. So, if you travel out of your area of geographical expertise often, the Nav is probably worth it. Unless you want to buy a few maps for about 5% of the Nav price and utilize them!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• lilhyolilhyo Member Posts: 3
    2006 auto w/ Nav

I got a quote of base 33800
    Processing 245
    Tax VA 1021.35
    Registration 57.5
    other fee 10
    Tags 2
    Bus tax 52.88
    other fee 10
    Total 35204

Free oil changes for life
    Free state inspections for life
    wheel locks

Is this a good price? Was originally looking for a 2005
    but didn't have any on the lot. Just want to make sure I'm getting a good deal.
    Any thoughts would help.
    Thought about M35 and IS 350 but both much too expensive. Both are not proven yet as they are new models.
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    Great base price for an '06, but what's a bus tax??? I hope they don't want to charge you for a train tax also? Processing fee is excessive, so just add that to the price they're charging you. Probably a good deal anyway. Where is it?
  • tcblairtcblair Member Posts: 6
    Bought the car yesterday! Acura of Bellevue. 2006 TL, no nav, Anthracite w/ebony interior. Here's what I paid: $32,300. Invoice was $31,000, MSRP is $33,940 so I think I got a great deal. With this price I also got the rubber mats for car and trunk, as well as the wheel locks. It will be here by the end of the month!!

If you want the sales rep info, I'd be more than happy to give it you via a private email. I was there for only an hour as they checked out my trade in (which I got a fair price for) and the deal was done.
    Like bartalk3, I also think this is a good price (about 1000 over invoice which is what I am shooting for in an '06) and am likewise curious about the bus tax and where you are. The processing is extra profit in my mind but the oil changes could make up for it?
    Hi I want to buy a TL however I understand that the 2007 will be a complete redesign? If that's true I may wait until the I can see what the new 2007 will look like...that info is available in the spring??? anyways if anyone has any input I'd appreciate it...thank you