Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jongoldjongold Member Posts: 5
    Negotiated a lease on a non-navi TL yesterday at Montgomeryville Acura. Term are as follows:
    48 Months, residual value 47%, money factor .00165, selling price of $31,850, about $850 over invoice. Total payment of $466 (tax inclusive) with approx $600 OTD(1st month and a couple of nuisance fees)
    The residual seemed a little low, anybody know if this seem correct?
    However, the money factor seems very good, less then 4%.
    May be able to shave a bit more off of the sales price when I go back to finalize the deal on Saturday.
    BTW, very nice brand new dealership, very professional people!!
  • al57al57 Member Posts: 67
    Am getting closer to purchase,but must sell my current wheels,I found a site about TL incentives at www.internetautoguide.com that lists the APR for 48 months @3.9%..After looking at honda/acura finacing page they offer "NO APR LIKE THIS"..is this ammunition when purchasing to show the dealer that I can get a great APR or is it possible to get this same rate by pre-approval of Honda financing by doing it on line..Im a bit skeptical since i cant find this info thru honda financing..Any help or advice?Anyone use this as a help in their negotiations?
  • jongoldjongold Member Posts: 5
    This is the rate I was quoted at the dealership on Tuesday for a 48 month lease, (money factor .00165. 3.96%)
    I was also quoted a 47% residual, wanted to know if anyone thought this may be a bit low.
    Dealer quoted me a price of $31,850, trying to negotiate down a bit closer to invoice (See my post from yesterday)
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    Congrats on a great price! Enjoy the car...I know I do...
  • abhonsleabhonsle Member Posts: 3
    I am getting a 05 TL with 6-speed and no navi for $30453 plus TTL. The dealer is also including wheel locks, splash guards and all-weather floor mats for that price.

Good deal?
  • bothflybothfly Member Posts: 10
    Just got a quote for $33019 for a TL w/Nav Window Tint and a Trunk Liner. And I'm adding A SPEC for a Total of $38,000 before TTL.
    What you guys think?
    I'm in Dallas, TX.
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    Don't know about the A-spec price but the rest is very good. Congrats. Which dealership?
  • gbershamgbersham Member Posts: 1
    I've seen a lot of posts from people who have been offered around $33K plus TTL. The dealership I'm negotiating with isn't coming close. Since the invoice price is $32,820 (including the $615 destination charge), can anyone comment on how you're getting the car for a couple of hundred over invoice? I really don't think I can or should pay over $34K plus TTL.
  • hcohco Member Posts: 6
    I've been quietly reading this forum for several months now, and it's been a great source of info. Now that it's finished, I thought I would share my experience here.

I took delivery 4 weeks ago (early Nov) of an 06' TL auto with NAV here in Colorado that I ordered back in mid-Oct from Pike's Peak Acura (Colorado Springs), one of the four dealers in this region.

$33875 + TTL price was the final negotiated price with the ridiculous dealer doc fee included. This doc fee is preprinted on all this dealer's sales forms, so I made sure I was negotiating on a drive away price inclusive of all fees but excluding TTL. As far as I'm concerned, a high doc fee is a cheap way to roll in more profit at the last minute, and it's a cheap shot.

To lay it out more clearly, I paid:

Vehicle -> $33,476
    Doc Fee -> $ 399
    Real Price -> $33,875 + TTL

Based on what I've seen posted so far on this forum for 06's, I was satisfied this was a decent price for this region, especially at the beginning of a model year. It looks like I could have gotten a much better deal in CA with there being 8 dealers in a region, but I wasn't willing to go through the hassle.

The posts where folks discuss drive away price including taxes are really not that useful, as we all pay wildly different tax rates depending on where we live. Thanks to those who post their prices before TTL.

I read the posts about the relative lack of pricing movement in Colorado, and I would generally agree. The dealers here in Colorado know they have a hot selling product and are taking full advantage of it.

I spent 4 months intermittently looking for the model/color I wanted, and did not find it on anyone's lot. I always thought it would be better to negotiate on something sitting on the lot already, and when I couldn't find it,
    I knew I'd have less room to negotiate on an order. But, in the end, I accepted this.

None of my negotiations that took place in the showroom of any dealership in this region--including where I finally ordered this vehicle from--were pleasant, and I didn't get the results I wanted by being in the dealership. At one point a salesman in the dealership where I ultimately bought was attempting to sell the vehicle for over list price, and I quit negotiating after seeing it was a total waste of my time. The stunt where they make you sign something saying "if we agree to your price you have to buy here" is silly, all it does is make a customer feel trapped, and it helped influence me to walk away.

What did work was this ....

I negotiated price over the phone with the listed Internet sales managers of all four dealers in the region. I made it clear whoever was the most aggressive on price would win my business.

One dealership clearly wanted my business more than the others, and asked me what it would take to stop talking with the others (Pike's Peak Acura, Colorado Springs)

From there it took about 5 minutes before we were finished. This proved to be (for me) a substantially more productive way to get the job done.

Having done the hard work at home over the phone, the experience in the dealership was a lot better.
  • achenatorachenator Member Posts: 128
    Picked up my 06 TL w/nav athracite/ebony at Classic Acura in Beaumont Texas. Price was 34,022 with protection package. Not as good as others are getting but I believe I got a fair deal. The staff was extremely professional and this was a great buying experience. Paid a $50 doc fee and no other weird charges. Had no trade. I LOVE the car. Thanks to elvis4prez for steering me in the right direction. :D
  • elvis4prezelvis4prez Member Posts: 85
    Fantastic post especially for owners-to-be.
    Did you find that the inventory on hand correlated with pricing (i.e. few cars=higher prices)?

Gotta agree with the doc fee being padding and that it should be included in the "real price". Did you get any extras included?

Enjoy the ride ;)
  • onaconac Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to get an 06 TL MT w/nav athracite/ebony. I went to the dealer today (I am in the Bay Area, CA) and they said that combo is rare and that there was only 2 of those cars currently in CA (one in Sacto and the other in San Diego). I was on my lunch and left before even talking price but, do I have any chance at getting a good deal for a car that is that rare? To top it off the dealer said that most dealers install extras onto the MT cars ahead of time so that might add to the difficulty of finding one that I want. Has anyone had any experience on having to order a TL and still getting a good deal.

Thanks!
  • bsimmsbsimms Member Posts: 5
  • bothflybothfly Member Posts: 10
    I'm now down to $37,650.
    From the dealership in Ft Worth, TX,
  • bsimmsbsimms Member Posts: 5
    I just left the dealership at 11:00pm and I am drained.
    I needed to read between the lines.
    Let me know if I did good (too late now).
    I bought a 2006 TL W/NAV Black and Ebony interior for $33,500.00 plus tax and tag. They waved the $599 dealer fee, but the finance guy said they need to show that the car sold for $32,900 plus $599 dealer fee, $2 Lemon law and doc stamps.
    Since I financed over $30,000 I was given 5.15% for 60 months.
    They wanted $110 for the sun visor, $399 for the trunk plastic mats, and splash guard. They also wanted $149 for the smokers package and $250 for tires replacement.
    I did not buy any of these extras.
    So in review it was $33,500 plus 6%tax and $252 for a new tag.
    They offer FREE TIRES FOR THE LIFE OF THE CAR, original owner, I asked what are the requirements to change tires
    And they say when there is 3/32's left and must service the car at their location.
    the dealer is Acura of South Florida, worked with the Internet Manager.

Thanks, Let me know...
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,726
    You bought the car you wanted at a good price, congrats! Good call on not paying for the pacs ($149 for an ashtray insert and lighter?!). And $599 dealer fee? Unless that included more items such as title & registration, no way I would have paid that, unless they lowered the selling price by another $599! My Boston area dealer doc fee was $197 which includes lifetime "free" state inspections @ $29/year including at purchase. Other dealer doc fee was $99, no "free" inspections.

You sure the f/i guy didn't pull a fast one, "showing that the car sold for $32,900 +?"

I'm sure all is well, again, congrats!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• avatexrs1avatexrs1 Member Posts: 63
    Can you break what the fees were in Texas? $50 dealer doc fee, $83 inventory tax, anything else (besides sales tax)?
  • 06tlnavi06tlnavi Member Posts: 1
    Here's the lease deal I got...

06 TL w/ Nav 36/12k
    670 out of pocket + 35 payments of $540

Keep in mind I'm leasing in TX where the leases are taxed on the entire cap cost. Stupid laws...

What do you guys think?
  • hcohco Member Posts: 6
    No extras at that price, unfortunately. I was happy with this, however, as there was no ridiculous $2000 protection package like the cars on their lot have. $2000 (retail) gets you an overpriced paint sealant and a tiny strip of 3M clear bra on the nose, some mudguards, and the trunk tray from what I could tell.

At the time I ordered, inventory of 06's was really tight, 1-2 cars per dealer on the lot. For being that close to the beginning of the model year, I was happy to get that price. I'm sure the supply of 06's is much better now. The Black/Parchment/NAV color combo I wanted was exceedingly difficult to find anywhere on a lot, I looked for 4 months and didn't find it.

I ended up popping $100 for a trunk tray a couple of weeks after I bought the car.

Can hardly wait until the new Acura Music Link adapter is available ... based on what I've read it will apparently allow full digital decoding of mp3s from my iPod through the TLs audio system complete with artist/title display on the nav system screen, and add some voice commands also to control playback. I think this accessory will be worth the full $295 price + installation fees after spending a year lugging a cassette adapter with the iPod around in my old Accord and putting up with sub-cd quality sound. Hopefully this accessory lives up to what I've read about it. Dealer doesn't think they'll be in before the end of the year.
  • cvcvhcvcvh Member Posts: 4
    Very anxious to purchase a TL with Navigation (silver with black interior) before the end of year. Anyone have recent experience with New Jersey Dealers who give aggressive discounts? My local dealer has a reputation for not discounting.

Anyone have recent experience? Any help would be appreciated!
  • aculwaculw Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a TL with NAV in central NJ last week. Two weeks ago, I was going to be out of town for a week. I sent out for quotes through edminds.com on the day before I left. I thought I might get the bids in a week. To my surprise all 3 bids came in 20 minutes.
    Dealer 1: 33395 with destination
    Dealer 2: 33619 with destination
    Dealer 3 32205 w/o destination
    In a couple hours, I got follow-up e-mails regarding the offers. I told the first two dealers that their bids were too high. Both of them asked me to beware of some hidden charges from other low bidders. I decided to think about it after my trip. After my return, I checked the e-mails and I got several follow up e-mails from all 3. After several unsuccessful tries to reach me, the frist dealer drop the offer by $245 to 33150 and second one dropped by $800 to $32819. I then e-mail the second and third dealers about all possible charges. I found out that the seond dealer charges $157 for doc fee and third one charged $298 for doc fee. In terms of total cost ( price + destination + doc fee) the difference between the second one and the third one is less than $ 50. I end up buying from the one close to me. I have heard that both have good reputations. My recommendations:
    1. I got all my information from the chat room here. Thank you for sharing with me all the knowledge.
    2. Be patient. Send out for quote and take a week of vacation. You may find out that offer is better after the vacation.
    3. I follow the instruction not to discolse the dealer's name. If you leave you zip code as 08807, township of Birdigewater, NJ. You'll see the first 3 dealers and you can get the same quotes from them. :)
  • booyakabooyaka Member Posts: 4
    I agree with the above poster. I'm not in New Jersey, but I basically got the exact same deal - 06 TL w/ Nav for 32,250 + TTL and this included a couple of very minor options. I got my deal through a "hook-up" from someone in the industry so I didn't have to go through the BS negotiations.

Secondly, my connection said he would have done even better for me, had I chosen a color combination which was not so much in demand... ie - he had two of the units I was interested in, but if I wanted a different combination, he'd either throw in a couple of more options or lower the price by $200 ie - it's all supply and demand.... thus, if you can be flexible in colors/options, you may get the exact or best price you want.

The only reason I bought an 06, is because the best deal I could find on a used 05 w/ very low (less than 10K) mileage was for $30K++ so I figured - WTF!!!

I should get it on Saturday and I'm very excited - Happy TL-X-Mas to me! :P
  • dysartddysartd Member Posts: 2
    (similar to the last post) I looked at a certified used '04 tonight and am a little taken back by the pricing, especially since the TMV here comes back above the asking price.

The Silver/Black '04 Automatic I drove was a non-NAV model and had 32k miles on it. Used sticker was $30,400, mirror tag "SALE" price was $29,500. MSRP on an exact same '06 at the same dealer is $33,900. Seems to me $4400 is not much of a discount ( for a two year old car driven 16k per year. I realize I haven't started negotiating, but even the used sales guys I was with confided I could probably get $1000 off a new '06, and given how long I've seen 04 and later TL's sit on their lot (i.e. not long), my guess I couldn't get much off the 04.

Put another way, I'd love to drive one of these for $188/mo. That said, is it just me or does new seem like a better deal (or better yet is used the worse deal)?
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    The invoice on the car you bought is $32,820, so you got the car virtually for the invoice price. I imagine there's some holdback on the car, but they didn't make much on your transaction.
  • arizonajoearizonajoe Member Posts: 123
    hco and I think alike. We should think of the actual price as everything before taxes: the "price" the dealer offers + any dealer fees (doc fees, processing fees, whatever they choose to call them). Most people who state their prices on these forums are not giving their actual price - they're not including dealer fees.

When shopping, it's best to just negotiate on the basis of out-the-door (or "drive away") price. This accounts for all the variables - different dealer fees and different city sales tax rates.

But like hco said, this out-the-door price is not helpful to people on this forum that live in other states, under wildly different tax regimes. The actual price is most helpful to everyone else.
    The fees for my car (bought in texas, licensed in louisiana) were: license 70.80, inspection 21.75, title 54, doc fee 50. As mentioned, I got them to take off the DIT (dealers inventory tax 83) as it was a TX thing and I was from LA and maybe cuz I asked nicely :blush:

The license and title were based on where I live, not where I purchased. So... what I paid will not necessarily be what you will pay. Be glad about the sales tax on that regard (9% in Louisiana - YEEEOUCH!! :sick: ). I will also have to redo the inspection sticker at some point too :(
  • boughtatlboughtatl Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a (new) 2005 TL 6 speed w/out nav on Dec 10. Price quoted was $29,900 plus doc fee $89, plus title and tax of course. I did not need to negotiate. This is approximately 4 percent over the dealer's real cost, 5 percent is considered 'fair' profit I am told. Dealer invoice is about 30,180 on this car.

I noticed posts from Chicagoland of quotes thousands higher. Consider driving up there to Acura of Brookfield. They have several 05s left dont know how many have the more popular automatic tranny and/or nav but the 06 is unchanged from the 05, they want to move em out, why pay more? This was the most painless dealer experience I have had. Prayer had something to do with it.

I cannot comment on their financing, which I arranged myself. I will be happy to refer you to my sales guy if you drop me a line.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Note my post number 5262. You might as well get a brand new one for that price.
    I have to agree with you about the A-Spec, its really expensive. I wanted the A-Spec for its handling parts (shocks, wheels) not the aero cosmetics , but geez I bet buying only your own 18" wheels would be more bang for the buck, and keep the car in that high value range. I have not really wrung mine out yet but dont find the handling to be lacking anything. Furthermore, if the ride were any stiffer I would call it harsh.

If you have 40,000 to spend consider a BMW 330 series.
  • localsdlocalsd Member Posts: 11
    Well, I signed the papers last Saturday to my new 2006 TL :) My first new car...yay!

It's white/parchment color combo with wheel locks, splash guards, body side moldings, and deck lid spoiler for $33,500 + TTL.

They needed to install the side moldings and spoiler so I couldn't drive it home just yet. I'm picking it up this weekend!

Thanks to everyone on this forum who has provided their words of wisdom.
  • starman98starman98 Member Posts: 119
    After many E-mails the lowest price I have been able to get is from Mack Churchhill in Fort Worth Price $32,843 plus TTL. Its a 2006 TL with Navigation.

So what do you say yes or no? Or try for even lower?
    Thats better than all the deals I been getting. Will I be able to nego the dealers to this price as well in Dallas.
    Did the include 2005 NSX in this deal?
  • dozer3dozer3 Member Posts: 1
    Greetings everyone! Just wanted to share my experience, especially since actual numbers from the San Diego area seem to be few and far between on this forum. I've been researching the TL and watching this forum for quite some time, as well as watching the inventories of the local dealers. We wanted an '06 auto w/nav in Anthracite/Parchment combo. One of the local SD dealers got one in stock, so on Sunday night I submitted an offer to the Internet manager for $33,375. He got back to me on Monday with a counter-offer of $34,127, including the $560 "Protection Package" which turned out to be splashguards, wheel locks, and the trunk mat (which seems to be about what everyone else here is getting). Seemed a little high, so I asked him to throw in a decklid spoiler and an iPod adapter for the same price. He said no problem on the spoiler but no-can-do on the adapter due to the fact that they're not yet in stock and they're not sure what the price will be. So, I still agreed to the price and got it at the following breakdown:

-Selling Price $34,127 (including spoiler, trunk tray, splash guards, and wheel locks)
    -Document fee $45 (didn't want to get into a pi$$ing match for $45)
    -mandatory CA tire fee $8.75

-Total (minus TTL, which varies widely): $34,180.25

It should be noted that I had no trade, did not need financing, and really wanted that rare color/option combo. I didn't submit requests to any other dealers, as no one else had that combo in stock. Also, I felt really good about the Internet Manager and dealership. When I finally walked into the showroom, it was like meeting with old friends and there were absolutely no surprises. So, initial impression with Cush Acura has been extremely positive, I felt like I got a fair deal, and I highly recommend using the Internet option. Thanks to everyone for all of their posts; I hope this helps someone else.
  • booyakabooyaka Member Posts: 4
    starman,
    I don't see why you wouldn't be able to leverage a similar deal in Dallas area like what you see on these forums. Since I really didn't have to negotiate, others are probably better to guide you on how to get your asking price, however what I read is - simply deal w/ the internet sales manager and leverage the fact it's December and they want to move inventory for year end sales. Do a lot of pre-negotiation w/ the internet sales manager and have patience.

The new financing package - released yesterday afternoon - gives you additional incentive to buy from a dealer and is obviously an incentive to move inventory at the dealerships.

Finally - take everyone's advice on here - as you're negotiating - have some flexibility and be sure to confirm any dealer pricing "processing fee's" "other charges" so you know exactly what you're going to pay.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "After many E-mails the lowest price I have been able to get is from Mack Churchhill in Fort Worth Price $32,843 plus TTL. Its a 2006 TL with Navigation."

A quote is only a quote and no more. What matters is the OTD price you paid (past tense).
  • aaron_miaaron_mi Member Posts: 12
    Picking up my new TL on Monday. (Blue/Quartz) I talked with 2 dealers in the Detroit Metro area where I live (there are 4) after getting a quote from Open Road Acura in NJ to see if they could match it (to save me a plane ticket and 11 hour drive).

One dealership (Suburban Acura)would not entertain matching the offer and actually told me it was below invoice. I replied with a detailed breakdown of the invoice vs. the accessories and cost. He applauded my effort but still wouldn't do the deal or want to talk any farther. Not rude, but obviously not used to dealing with internet pricing (even though he was the internet manager).

Acura of Troy did deal and was very courteous and prompt. The salesmen gave us a thorough test drive and explained the features. The number we agreed on was $34,000 which includes the rear wing spoiler, moonroof visor, all-season floor mats, and protection package (wheel locks, trunk tray, splash guards). The extras were documentary fee $75, 6% sales tax, title and license plate transfer fees for a total of $36,142.50

Basically, I paid invoice for the car and MSRP for the accessories. I thought that was pretty fair as they had to install them and they need some profit

Anyway, I got a subsequent lower bid from the NJ dealer (competing against their sister dealership) dropping it another $150 but that wasn't worth the trip.
    32843 is a great deal for TL/nav.

Like jb_turner alludes to, however, what is the "real" price?

That is, make sure you know what other "fees" and padding there is in the deal.
    Take it without further fussing if there's no "catch". :D
  • 2006tlpaul2006tlpaul Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2006 Acura TL with Navigation, spoiler, mud guards, wheel locks and a rubber trunk tray for $32,800. Do you all think it's a fair or good deal? I really didn't shop around for the best deal...went to a dealer, got a price and then went to another 3rd party dealer and received another price that was $2,000 below the original dealer's price.
  • djprincedesidjprincedesi Member Posts: 2
    This msg is for any canadian Acura TL owners. I just purchased a 2005 tl 2days ago and asked my car dealer if the ipod adapter was available for the 05's. Sadly to say they said that canadian tl owners purchasing an 05 or an 06 wouldnt beable to have this feature and that it would only apply to the U.S

I was a little disappoineted because i went to buy an ipod 3 weeks ago.

anyways they said you can puechase other crap acc. for it, but that was the problem there CRAP!!!

Im dying to pick up my car, which will be sometime next week. The best part of my deal was i got the navi for free!!!
  • wooohaaawooohaaa Member Posts: 33
    Who is this 3rd party dealer?
  • astrawberryastrawberry Member Posts: 5
    That sounds like a good deal to me. What area are you in?
  • creekbruincreekbruin Member Posts: 5
    I have been looking at TL's for 6-8 months now in the SF Bay Area. What I have been told is that they have kept down production of MT versions thus the dealers feel they can ask for more due to scarcity, particularly if you want a particular color.
  • onaconac Member Posts: 4
    Creekbruin,

What is the lowest you have been able to get a dealer to go so far? I just today asked for a quote and was emailed $35,500 plus fees and accessories. That is completely crazy. Going to reply to them tomorrow.
  • commishcommish Member Posts: 5
    Dozer3 - You could have gotten a better deal had you shopped around a bit.

I picked up my 2006 TL w/Navi 0n Nov 12. The color is Alabaster Silver with Ebony interior. I negotiated the entire deal through emails with the Internet Manager from Norm Reeves Acura, Temecula. My sale price was $33,375 (including splash guards, body side moldings, trunk tray, and wheel locks; a $418 value). Added CA Sales tax of 7.75% (2590.05) and dmv and lic fees of 333.75 brings the out the door price to $36,010.05. I even got him to throw in a free detail and 3 free oil changes. This guy was truly the best car salesman I have ever worked with. He constantly made sure that I was happy and there was absolutely no pressure tactics once I got into the dealership. This was truly a first-class car buying experience. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the guys in Carlsbad, who are still operating like used car salesmen.
  • jones9jones9 Member Posts: 1
    A few questions regarding internet TL buying:

1) Is it best to start at the Acura.com website where you configure a vehicle and request a quote or is it best to start with an e-mail to the dealer's internet manager? If the latter, where can you find a dealer's internet manager's e-mail address?

2) What is a reasonable number of dealers to contact?

3) Do the internet managers typically start with their "best offer" or does it start an e-mail back and forth similar to real-life negotiating at the dealer?

4) Any other important tips/advice?

Thanks!
  • creekbruincreekbruin Member Posts: 5
    most are around $34,555 including destination which on these cars is $615. I did a calculation on a spreadsheet and these dealers are making around 9% profit at $34,555. I would like to keep what I pay around to around 5-6% but that may be difficult with this particular car. $35,500 is way too high.
  • ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    jones9,

1.) You can start at the acura website and by doing so, you automatically have access to the internet managers' email address.

2.) Cast your net out as far as you are willing to travel within reason of course to find the best value for your money.

3.) Depends on the dealer. Some areeducated, know the market and know what their competitors are selling vehicles for so they will automatically give you their rock bottom price.
    Others want to try and make as much money as possible.
    Get quotes and start bouncing the quotes between the dealers and see who is willing to deal and who isnt.

4.) Inquire about extra fees. Some dealers might provide you with the lowest price but might have a huge "doc" fee or miscellaneous fee.
    Get a detailed breakdown of what you will be paying from the dealer in WRITING.
    Try to negotiate some extras like a spoiler, protection package, oil changes, car washes, whatever you want to make the deal sweeter.
    Buy at the end of the month.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, I am sure some of our comrades on this board have other words of advice...Hope this helps. ;)
  • benatlbenatl Member Posts: 5
    Just worked out a deal in Atlanta for a 2006 TL (blue on slate) with nav. - base $33,400, tax at 5% $1,670, doc. fees $399, GA title $21, for an out-the-door of $35,490. Includes rear wing spoiler, wheel locks, splash guards and trunk tray. Both dealerships I canvassed were excellent - no pressure, very professional, even a good sense of humor! The final price was a far cry from the original $37,375 out-the-door quote, but getting there was painless since I don't have a gotta-have-it-by-Friday issue.