Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dallencatdallencat Member Posts: 28
    Trying again on this one:

Any experiences here with dealers in the Cleveland-Akron Ohio area and within about 100 miles?
  • chilammchilamm Member Posts: 11
    dealership offered 29,950 for Black on Black auto TL w/o navi, this price is before tax docs and stuff, does include destination charge wheel locks and splash guards (not sure abt cargo tray shud be in it too)

i eneded up walking out of dealership cuz i wanted 29,500. they called again saying can probably lower another 50 or so, so down to 29,900 now, should i keep waiting?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Is this on a brand-new '06?

If so, you should be down there signing for it...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

yeah 06 brand new
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    That is an excelllent price, as long as the "docs and stuff" isn't exhorbitant. Don't worry about the tax, tag and title fees that the state charges, nothing you can do about those.
  • goodegggoodegg Member Posts: 905
    Considering you're quoting the LOWEST price we've ever seen on an 06TL, you're obviously not in the buying mode, because it would be yours already.
  • prospprosp Member Posts: 6
    dealership offered 29,950 for Black on Black auto TL w/o navi, this price is before tax docs and stuff, does include destination charge wheel locks and splash guards (not sure abt cargo tray shud be in it too)

i eneded up walking out of dealership cuz i wanted 29,500. they called again saying can probably lower another 50 or so, so down to 29,900 now, should i keep waiting?

$29,950 + 615 dest charge + $49-$79 for wheel locks + $200 for splash guards gets you to about $30,850. That seems like a very good price
  • landlubberlandlubber Member Posts: 12
    Purchased a week ago 06 TL auto w/nav Redondo Red w/Parchment $32415 including destination, + TTL and 4.9% financing. Autowest Acura at Stevens Creek in San Jose.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,684
    If that is a new '06, 29,950 is a very, very good price (being unaware of any factory to dealer trunk money...). That's less than invoice for an '05! If it were the car I wanted, I'd buy. Unless the "doc fees" were huge?

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• garyodgaryod Member Posts: 2
    hi all, great forum and very necessary. i am looking to buy a 2006 tl with navi and some options like wood trim, splash guards, deck spoiler( not wing.) looks like a good price on the base car with navi and some throw in's is about 32,225 including destination...is anyone getting this in connecticut or around here in the northeast. if you are, were have you been to get this amount..or if you are not, what have you paid for tl with navi.
  • nohjynohjy Member Posts: 2
    The price you are quoting would be ~ $1,600 below invoice and there is no way any acura dealer is going to do that price. They would almost certainly be taking a loss on the car. If it was the end of the model year, i could see them being willing to do this to get rid of the older model, but we are in the middle of the year. There is either something they aren't telling you or something you aren't telling us. The invoice on the base TL non nav is $30,400. Add the wheel locks & splash guards and you are @ $30,550. I am sorry, but you are either lying or being lied to. Finally, your suggested price of $29,500 is rediculous! Where did you think any dealer would provide you that car for $2,000 off invoice!!
  • gxr1kgxr1k Member Posts: 6
    Always remember that they would not sell it for that price if they weren't making a profit. This sounds like a good price b/c they are going to get holdback on the car. According to my info, that is about $1K. I would offer 29,600 or 29,700 and sign at their next offer...29,800.
    As of today 3/07/06, price is still at 29,950 and dealer called and said they might do 29,900 but they want us to go into the dealership again. I was confirmed that the cargo tray is not included (which i am surprised because for all quotes i get they include dest + wheel locks + splash guards + cargo tray).

As I mentioned in my previous post, we walked out after they offered 29,950 because we wanted 29,500. We did offer up to 29,700 but the guy just said there is no way and this is just not realistic.

There is no reason for me to lie about the price, afterall the reason I came here is to listen to people's input and suggestions...

Given my zip code and all docs fee (my zip results a 7.25% tax), out the door price came out to be 32,XXX, i forgot the exact number for the hundreds, somewhere around 500-700.

I did call up 3-4 dealerships to ask if they could match 29,950 and none of them were able to. I thought the reason is because the sales reps don't not like to nogotiate price over the phone.

How much does the cargo tray worth? I mean, I am guessing that they might raise the price if I want them to throw in the cargo tray...is there anything else I can ask them to throw in for free?
    29,950 includes dest + splash guards + wheel locks.

this price is not quoted from internet or phone, it is AFTER we walked into the dealership twice, negotiated twice, but both of them broken down. the 2nd negotiation just happened last saturday morning.

we were ready to buy. we brought our checkbook and everything and we were planning to drive the car out the lot that day...but didnt happen because they would not lower no more...
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Does this include a trade? $29,950 is OK if it is Out the Door... however 32k Out the Door is WAY TOO MUCH!
  • al57al57 Member Posts: 67
    In late dec 05 bought 06 non nav tl with 3.9% thru honda finance,plus there was a known $1000 hold back at that time making invoice $29999,bought for $30,600 with wheel locks and all season mats,was very satisfied at that time..If you were at the dealer twice looking for a $29500 price and was offered $29950 and had searched this forum prior you would have found out the car you were dealing for was a steal and you would have purchased right there..By the way other poster mentioned a holdback,Acura.com and edmunds say nothing of this currently..What state are you dealing in??How about Doc fees and other hidden add ons you are not sharing..Also,the dealer should be allowed to make a profit
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    " Does this include a trade? $29,950 is OK if it is Out the Door... however 32k Out the Door is WAY TOO MUCH! "

Huh? Am I missing something here? $29950 includes dest., wheel locks and splash gaurds, which is about $1500 UNDER invoice. Even going in to the holdback, which is usually not done, the deal is a money loser for the dealer.

As others have posted here, that price is way below any other posted price.

Sniff...Snifff...troll?
    no trade in, purchase car by paying cash, but i dun think that helps lower price in america, i know in asia it helps.

living in los angeles, ca

now that they can do 29,950, if i want navi now, should i add 2000 and offer 31,950? or should i do a ratio addition, by MSRP 33,325/ price now 29,950 = MSRP w/ navi 35,325/ price i should offer 31,747

so if they can do 29,950 they should be able to do 31,747?
  • bbennefeldbbennefeld Member Posts: 2
    What dealership? At this price, I might head out there myself to pick one up!
  • gxr1kgxr1k Member Posts: 6
    Acura wants to make the largest profit it can, correct? Why would they list all the holdbacks, kickbacks and every secret for them to make the lowest profit? Try other websites to get more information or pay a little $$$ to some car sites and you get more info. Does a salesman want you to know how to chip away at their margin of profit? They can make $200 off a car and still do good b/c maybe it represents 1 more car sold and that may help them the following year b/c of volume.
    "Sniff...Snifff...troll?"

ditto
  • kcsteelerkcsteeler Member Posts: 1
    Just curious if anyone has been out in KC pricing TL's. I have an 03 w/19K on it, considering trading up if prices are soft - any thoughts?
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    As I mentioned in my previous post, we walked out after they offered 29,950 because we wanted 29,500. We did offer up to 29,700 but the guy just said there is no way and this is just not realistic.

Are you telling me that you won't buy the $35,000 car that you want because of a $200 difference over however many payments you are planning? Either this just isn't true, or you are stubborn for sake of being stubborn....recognize the deal you are getting and pull the trigger.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    I was being facetious and patronizing. I know as well as most other people the price chilamm was quoted is not possible.
    im paying cash, but does it make a difference? just because one is paying over 30g for a car does not mean one should overlook a $200 difference. hell even if it is $100 i would try my best to get it.

and if it wasnt because of my stubborness, i would've never gotten the price down to 29,950. took me 2 trips to the dealership to get this price, and now they're calling us to say they might lower it another 50$, so who is the winner? is it worth paying the $100 or $200 more so that i can get the car a week or two earlier? at least not for me.
  • axel2axel2 Member Posts: 12
    I agree with poodog13.

chilamm - if you've actually looked at other posts on this board regarding what others are getting, then you know that you have a hell of deal. I'm tired of reading about how and why you walked for $200. Do us all a favor and save your next post for the actual details of the deal you make. That is if you ever get one. I think the TL is a great car, I've had mine for 2 weeks and love it.
    Still waiting for the name of the dealership.
    Man, if I were in LA and knew the gift horse that you are looking in the mouth, I would run down there and buy the car out from under you! Are you factoring in the value of your time to continue to shop/haggle and not buy the car you seem to want?
    When I bought my '05 TL, I paid invoice. I did not get as much as I had wanted for my trade, though. So, did I lose? No way, I got the car I wanted at a fair price. If I really wanted to spend the time and $ to sell my car on my own, I would have. But I chose not to (opportunity cost). Did the dealer win? Sure. He made money. Captialism rules!

Dude, buy the car. Drive the car. Enjoy the car. Get on with life! :)

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• arizonajoearizonajoe Member Posts: 123
    chilamm - Do what makes you happy. However, I suggest you think about the value of your time.

I'm very impressed with the prices people in this forum have been getting for 2006 TLs. Using a Phoenix-area zipcode, Edmunds TMV for a TL w/ Nav is $34,828, while the CarsDirect Target Price is $33,819. So the Edmunds TMV is about $2,000 over invoice, and CarsDirect about $1,000 over invoice. You guys all seem to be doing better than this.

The CarsDirect price for a base TL Auto is $31,999, which is a thousand over invoice. So chilamm's price is exceptional.
    arizonjoe - I always use Edmunds TMV as a starting point. Right now the TL seems to be readily available at, or just above, dealer invoice.

I just finished shopping for up an 06 TL, and dealers in NY/NJ area were very aggressive on pricing.

I pick up my TL on Saturday from Bedford Hills Acura. $31,200 for a Silver/Black 06 TL automatic/non nav/deck lid spoiler/body side molding/wheel locks. My out the door price will be around $33,600 (7 3/8% tax!).

I could have done a little better, but it would have required driving about 50+ miles.
  • garyodgaryod Member Posts: 2
    anyone with any experience in 2006 tl with navi pricing. it seems that some buyers in the northeast and lower eastern states are looking at 32,500. with ttl with a few options thrown in..does anyone out there in ct. have this experience. if not, what are you getting for pricing...thank you all
  • firemane2t2firemane2t2 Member Posts: 6
    Did you get 32,295 out the door....If you did let me know the person that you spoke to so I can buy ASAP. Thanks
    Anyone know if getting 32ish out the door is possible for a 06 TL Nav.....or is that to much to ask for. I'm in the Baltimore area
  • ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    32ish out the door or 32ish plus TTL? 32ish out the door is wishful thinking in any part of the US for a 06 w/ Navi. ;)
    Has anyone been lucky to get 33k O.T.D. on a 06 TL NAV. Is that realistic?
    It's difficult to talk OTD price as each state has different sales tax, local taxes, licensing/registration fees... Not to mention dealer "Doc Fees." But, I'd think anywhere you can get a new '06 Nav OTD for 33k is a good place to live!

• rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
    ..... Still waiting for the dealers name and area .. especially at that $29,990 price .....

Name and area please .....!

Terry.
    I've just been offered 33,400 for a TL Nav out the door. GOOD DEAL?!?! I live in the Baltimore area
    Scratch that.....The dealer said it was a typo....its 34,400 out the door
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    firemane2t2,

As you can see from reading the forum, a good price for a TL w/nav is anywhere in the $33K range before TT&L. There have been some "fire sales" where people get them in the $32 range, but this is usually in CA or from an end of the month desperate salesman. I don't know what sales tax is in Baltimore, but you can figure it out yourself. If you are absolutely needing to cap the cost at $33, then go for a TL w/o nav and you may be able to scrape by...or try to buy a used TL from '04 up (they are the same body style)...

Good luck!
    ..... I'm holding out for that dealer thats selling em' for $29,900 .....

Name and area please ........!

Terry.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Okay.. we get it... You don't believe it is a legitimate offer.. I don't either..

But, that doesn't mean the dealer didn't offer it.. It is all talk, until a deal is completed. If I have to count all of the times the price changed on a car deal, before I signed the papers, I'd have to take off my shoes!!

Why spend all this time worrying about it?.. He didn't say he bought it at that price, just that it was offered. The only numbers that matter... Completed deals

Now.. let's move on, until our friend comes back and tells us he bought the car..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

... **I'd have to take off my shoes!! ....**

Yikes ...! ... whatever you do, don't take off your shoes, your last wife says it's not a pretty sight .... ;)

Terry. :sick:
    Well, its 5% sales tax so basically add about 1600 on to the price tag....which if he was selling it at invoice it would be 33815 plus destination of 610 which would be 34,425. Dealer was offering 34400 out the door. Not bad I guess.....Though I have heard of a "hold back" of 2-3%. So even if they do sell it at invoice they will still make about $1,000 profit.
    Thanks for the help
  • mageshmagesh Member Posts: 33
    Ready to pull the trigger on a TL with NAV. Living in Portland, OR, hence no sales tax. Vehicle comes with the "NW" package - safety tire locks, trunk mat + something ...

Is $34,500 + registraion a good price to pay please?

Thanks,
    M
  • proffyproffy Member Posts: 46
    That price is typical for the PNW, but relative to the deals people are getting elseware it's not great. Import prices in the NW are generally $1,000 > than the rest of the country because there is such a large, young well educated population (think MS, Real, Amazon, Starbucks, etc...) and they all want their Acuras, BMWs, Audis, etc...

Acura of Bellevue's current costco price (aka MS price) is

TSX - ~ $1,800 over invoice
    TL - ~ $1,000 over invoice

You should at least be able to find a little better than this in Portland. I would try and shoot for $33,500 if I were in your shoes.

I will most likely try and buy in southern Cal and drive my acura back up to Seattle to save about $1,000
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    So it sounds like a very good price. Buy it! I haven't heard of any hold backs and I didn't see any on Edmunds or hear anyone on this forum verify one, so if the car is something you want, buy it and enjoy it! Its a very good price regardless...
  • 300mva300mva Member Posts: 8
    This is the first I've noticed anyone mention Costco pricing. Is it worth going through their program, or would I be better off using typical internet offers? I'm not the world's best negotiator so I want to start with as low an offer as I can. Considering a TL as my next purchase (probably sometime between May - August) in the Northern Virginia area; just today went to Costco and noted the car program. Anyone else with any experience in that? If I wait long enough for the '07 TL to be available (if I hear the upgrades will be worthwhile I may target the 07), will the Costco discount essentially go away if they are selling for close to sticker initially?
  • jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 72
    I've been wondering if the TL and CostCo buying program was worthwhile myself. I don't belong to CostCo currently but know two people who bought a Toyota and I think a Honda through there and got great deals...some really trivial (< $100) markup over invoice. If it works for the TL, it would be worth the membership fees just to buy the car. I don't know if each dealer sets their own pricing policy or CostCo does.
  • goodegggoodegg Member Posts: 905
    I will most likely try and buy in southern Cal and drive my acura back up to Seattle to save about $1,000

Wow...really? Is it worth $1000 to do that? Plane tickets, hotel(s), food, gas, tolls, taxis not to mention the time it takes to complete the deal from walking in the dealership to getting the car home in your garage. And then you have all those miles on the car. And the tiredness factor of driving 1000 miles.

I don't know bro.

I'd say spend the money and pump the local economy.