Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• randy24grandy24g Member Posts: 4
    I was wrong on the registration fees. I paid the 4 years up front that's why it was so high. One of my employees dad's is a car salesman and I checked with him. I don't have to pay the state a registration fee for the next 4 years because I did not transfer my old tags.
  • jaguilajaguila Member Posts: 12
    Planning on purchasing a 06 TL Auto Navi sometime next month and I intended to put a $20K down. I'm thinking of doing it by using my AMEX card so I could earn air miles or points. Has anyone here done this? Will dealers accept a downpayment or even a purchase with credit cards?
    Thanks.
  • fefefefe Member Posts: 6
    Can you please give me the phone number and salespersons name? I just called this dealership in SJ and the lowest price they gave me was 32.2K for a TL no navi before TTL.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nano4nano4 Member Posts: 1
    am in upstate New York -searching for a TL - where is your dealer ??
  • mageshmagesh Member Posts: 33
    I tried the same with tact with my dealer & they shot me down.

Asked them for a specific reason and they did not give me one. Guess it has to do with the CC charges that they have to pay. I think it is like 2% and on a $32K car, it works out to $640/-. Again this is just my guess.

M
    P.S: They did allow me to put a down of upto $1K or so on CC.!!!
  • dr_gdr_g Member Posts: 21
    Most car dealerships will let you put up to $3k onto a credit card (because they get hit with the 2-3% service charge from the CC). Obviously depending on how much $ they're making on you they'll decide how much you can put on CC. If you're stupid and paying MSRP they'll probably let you put the whole thing.

When I bought my car last week the finance guy said we could charge $2500. After some haggling and buying the extended warranty, he agreed to $3500 (makes me about $70 on my citibank rewards). Rest went to straight cash.

It's pretty much up to each dealership and finance guy as to what they decide - use it as part of your negotiation.
  • animalsrushanimalsrush Member Posts: 62
    Bought a 2006 TL without Navigation . The color is black with black interior. I paid $31,600 + Tax . Came upto $33,000 after Tax . Traded in my 10 year old honda civic ex coupe and got $3700 for it . Chose the 3.9% APR for 48 months. Bought it at Woodfield acura :shades:
  • bz2bz2 Member Posts: 15
    i have just begun looking at the TL and will more than likely buy in the next couple of months. Also live in chgo area. curious how Muller Acura treated you and whether you did deal 1st via internet or in person. also if you got quotes from other dealers in chgo area. Your price seems ok but per earlier posts in CA looks like they are getting TL W/Navi for very close to your price. Do you think you could have negotiated them down further?
  • dbr317dbr317 Member Posts: 7
    I got it from the internet sales manager. Go to google and search autowest acura. Then locate, quote through internet. The sales emailed me the next day and gave me a quote on the email. I believe the internet and floor sales do things differently. I think you need to go thru the Internet. Hope this helps.
  • newyorkunitnewyorkunit Member Posts: 1
    It's $1060 to be exact and it's called Dealer holdback and they get it from Acura for every TL they sell. Yes, you should ask for some or all.
  • capri33capri33 Member Posts: 11
    2004 TL w/o Nav, 27500 miles, very good condition for $23,500. Does this sounds a good deal? Thanks.
  • socalhelpsocalhelp Member Posts: 13
    Congrats on your car. Did you negotiate your extended warranty price? I am still debating on whether to buy one. Thanks. Does anyone have recommendations on best prices for manufacturer warranties.
  • socalhelpsocalhelp Member Posts: 13
    Did most people buy extended warranties on their new Acura TL? I am trying to decide if it is worth spending $1400 for a six year/ 100,000 mile warranty. This seems a little expensive. What are people paying for this?
  • kalin02kalin02 Member Posts: 3
    i've seen a few posts where some people say that they've bought a tl with nav under $32,000. do you know if acura dealers are getting factory to dealer rebates to help them move the last remaining 06's off of the lot to make room for the 07's? some of the dealers in dallas are still asking for $1000 over invoice.
    This is my second post -
    Can you PLEASE tell me the name of the dealership you bought this car for $32k out the door? The lowest quote I have been able to get is $32.9K out the door.
  • mageshmagesh Member Posts: 33
    I added 2 years to the regular 4 years. It is an Acura extended warranty, transferable and I paid $695/- for it.

I did it since I plan to keep the car for 4+ years. Plus a peace of mind since I have heard about the tranny problems, etc ... And when it is time to sell, if the future buyer is as informed as us, it might help make the sale a bit easier. IF. :)

M
    BZ2,

I just walked in for a test drive and told them i would buy the car if they would give me a good deal. Looking at prices people are getting in bay area i think i got ripped. But i am not sure midwest will get the same deal. I guess i could have got a good price if i went through internet. However my buying experience was very good. The salesperson was very starightforward and my whole deal was done within an hour .. So i keep reminding myself i got a good eal otherwise i will have a buyer's remorse :cry:
  • bigpapidobigpapido Member Posts: 18
    That's suprising. I had a terrible experience at Santa Monica. The Sales Manager basically backed out of the deal after keeping me there for over 2 hrs. I had most of the paperwork done and they even washed the vehicle for me already. I received an email from them the next day quoting a higher price...but at that point I wasn't going to buy from them at any price. I found the Sales Manager at Power South Bay to be much more professional and offered a competitive price too...plus he knew how to spell correctly unlike the guy from Santa Monica. A couple of my friends had bad experiences there too. FYI I was quoted $31,989.00 from South Bay back in February for an Auto w/ Navi.
    fefe, if you can't find a good dealer up north I would suggest comming down here. Looks like a price war has started in SoCal. Last Monday (04/10) I bought my TL NAV for $32 flat including the protection package. 3 days later I see people buying the same thing locally for $31,500 and $31,900, so you should be able to get under $32K easily down here. It's just a 5 hour drive back home :P
  • theshawntheshawn Member Posts: 30
    I recently got an email quote for $31,250 for an 06 TL w/ Navi in Northern Virginia. I haven't made it down to the dealer yet to see if its legit...but there is hope!
    dr_g you paid $32,000 OUT THE DOOR for a 06 TL w/navi & Pro Pak? or was that the price before TTL? I'm just trying to understand, cause the best price quote I have as of today is 30k plus ttl = ~32.9k OTD for a dealership in the bay area.

Thanks,
  • gbockersgbockers Member Posts: 4
    :confuse: Is that the body side moldings, upgraded wheels/tires, etc?
  • gbockersgbockers Member Posts: 4
    Never mind, found it. BTW in Boston I'm getting $35,414 OTD for 06 TL w/NAV Black/Ebony. Why so high in Beantown?
    fefe, check out posts 5935 and my post 5959 in this thread. I paid $32K before taxes. Taxes in CA pretty much amount to $3k on this car, no way in the world could I car with NAVI for $32K including CA tax :P
  • buckeyebillbuckeyebill Member Posts: 14
    The Cleveland Acura dealers are having a special end of month incentive program for their salesmen. I am being quoted $31,588 for a TL W/O navigation but I am expecting to be able to get him down to at least 31K if I walk in at the end of the month. This would make a TL with nav. at 33K rough or a shade below if he agrees to discount the nav. some.

These are not CA prices, unfortunately, but to my Cleveland friends they are better than I have been seeing lately, if they want to take advantage.
  • brooklyn4brooklyn4 Member Posts: 3
    I knew about the 3% dealer hold back, this was in addition and applied if you financed above 4.9%. I did call a dealer in New York City and Acura's headquarters in Florence, CA and they also confirmed that this was money the dealer was entitled to. I checked Edmund's today and they have removed the $1000.

Thanks for your input and I hope that this helps.
  • dallencatdallencat Member Posts: 28
    I've decided on a TL but am not sure when I will make the purchase. I'm disappointed that Acura of CLE is being that way. I was going to contact 5-6 dealers within 100 miles and go with the internet sales folks. Have you been going to the dealers or via email?
  • ctrain1ctrain1 Member Posts: 1
    glenn,

i'm in the market for a TL and looking to purchase by the end of the month. i'm currently talking with bloomington acura. where did you purchase and could you let me know the final price? thanks!
  • mikejones1mikejones1 Member Posts: 21
    Looks like my msg was removed..

Replying to: buckeyebill (Apr 22, 2006 9:20 am)

Who are you dealing with? I have an out of town quote on a 2006 Acura
    TL with NAVI INCLUDING protection package for 32,620 +TTL.

Acura of Cleveland is mad at me for attempting to ask them to match it. What a bunch of losers.

Several nearby dealerships are willing to match this offer. My problem is that none of them have a Black on Black color combination in stock except Acura of Cleveland but they will not even come close to this quote. I will not do business with them.

What color are you looking for? If you'll take something other than Black on Black then I can give you the dealership name who'll hook you up for 32,620 including the protection package.

Lemme know...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Do not include your e-mail address within your post.. If you wish to make your email address public, you may do so by clicking on Preferences on the left-hand side of this page, and following the instructions.

Post that include e-mail addresses are deleted.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I am lookingfor black on parchment. But i am not wedded to any color, if I can get a good deal.
    I've emailed you my quotes for 2006 Acura TL AUTO/NAVI. These local\nearby dealers do not have Black/Black combination available.

32,590 with Pro Pack.

AND

32,320 without Pro Pack.

Best of luck.

If you find a dealer with Black/Black that can match this let me know.
    Thanks a bunch. I am looking forward to your e-mail.
  • niel3niel3 Member Posts: 9
    my lease is up on my volvo and so have decided to go with the TL. i have been shopping around and the absolute lowest price i have come across is an acura dealership in tustin california. www.tustinacura.com

OTD (out the door) price w/o navi = $32,911

at steven creek in san jose

OTD price w/o navi = $33,751

guess we'll be making a trip to tustin, california next weekend. i will write back with my buying experience.
  • niel3niel3 Member Posts: 9
    we love the look of chrome wheels. when i spoke with a dealer regarding having them added, he informed me that they are not good for the car. the ride isn't as nice and they throw off the alignment. he even mentioned that they possibly could make the car shake on the hiways. what have any of you heard regarding this.

thanks in advance.
    Check out WWW.ACURAZINE.COM

This is an Acura usergroup. Lots of pics of modified TL's with all sorts of chrome wheels. You can get an answer directly from the owner. This will also give you an idea on how nice a TL looks with bling bling rims. Not to mention some of the other modifications. Take a look at the cleared out front lights(removing the orange plastic covering the turn signals lights). Acura needs to do this to the cars.
  • coolspartancoolspartan Member Posts: 1
    TL/wNAVI + Destination + Trunk Tray + Wheel Locks = $31, 859 from Santa Monica ( www.smacura.com ).

Please tell me if this is a nice deal! :)

They were nice.... but the only problem is that if you are there to see and compare the different colors, you can't since the lot is very small and does not hold as many cars. They have cars stored some where near LAX and will get them depending on our request.
    Contact me to see how much better these prices are now that there are a few of us making deals from ONE dealer.

2006 Acura TL with NAVI.

32,590 with Pro Pack.

AND

32,320 without Pro Pack

Only additional will be Tax, Title and License.
  • raju99raju99 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I'm gonna be buying a TL w/Navi this week and I've been hitting up various dealers for quotes. I'm in the Chicago area.

So far, the best quote I've got is a base price of $32,385 (i.e. without destination charge, doc prep fees, taxes, registration). This seems to be lower than other prices quoted on this forum.

I have also been told by one of the junior salespersons from one of the dealers that they have not had a good April. Does anyone else have quotes from the Chicago area that match or beat this? Also, has anyone heard anything about higher inventory levels?

Thanks,

Raju
  • jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 72
    I'm in the Chicago area.

So far, the best quote I've got is a base price

That seems like a fairly good price. Care to tell where that came from? I suppose you might wear them down another 2 or 3 hundred if you try or you could try to get a protection pack thrown in the deal.

Did you get those quotes in person or via the Internet? I've contacted almost all of the local Chicago Acura dealers for their "internet quote" and only gotten 1 reply that was higher than yours. Caller ID shows another did call but didn't leave a message. Rather frustrating!
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    Raju

I don't know about higher inventory levels or a slow April, but they are offering 2.9%/36 months until April 30, which is pretty good.

Where did you get the offer of $32,385? I'm also in the Chicago area. Oh, that was without destination??? Destination is how much--about $600?? Most quotes on this board include destination. So you're talking about nearly $33,000, including destination. In California haven't people posted for $31,000 + including destination?
  • eastmaineastmain Member Posts: 1
    Orangepark Acura, Jax FL, is advertising their 06s at this price (not including TTL). Is this a good price? If so, then should I go see it to believe it?

Thanks
    Hi,

I used cars.com to send out internet quote requests to about 10 Chicago dealers. Cars.com only allows you to send out 3 request at a time, so I used the process multiple times to hit all the dealers I wanted to.

The best quote I got was from Napleton Acura. I've gotten other quotes which have been higher. I also have some dealers who keep calling to talk, but I keep emailing them :). I also have commitments from other dealers, including the one I did the test drive with, to match or beat my lowest quoted offer.

Here is the best deal so far:

TL with Navigation : $32,385
    Destination : $615
    Doc Prep, Plates, etc: nearly $150
    Taxes extra

I'm sure that at least two of the other dealers can beat this price.

About the California postings, are those with or without navigation?

Raju
    I've contacted almost all of the local Chicago Acura dealers for their "internet quote" and only gotten 1 reply that was higher than yours.

Do you mean:

(1) that you got 1 quote that was lower than the one I described
    (2) that all your other quotes,except 1, were lower than mine
    (3) that you only got 1 quote, and it was higher than mine

I'm assuming its #3, but I wanted to clarify.

Please check my previous post for how I used cars.com to get internet quotes.
    I'm assuming its #3, but I wanted to clarify.

Yes. I sent to 7 of the 9 dealers so far and only 1 replied. That quote was higher than the one you posted.
    Doc Prep, Plates, etc: nearly $150

IL law caps the Doc fee at somewhere between 55 and 59 dollars. Don't recall exactly but it's something like $57.33. I think the state of IL charges $80 for title (65) and transfer (15) or $143 for title and new plates (78). The dealers I talked to have been charging $105 and $168 respectively. Don't know if that's also regulated by the state on what they can charge.
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    raju: Did you get a quote from McGrath Acura in Westmont? If so, how much was it?
    I did not get a quote, just a voicemail from a salesperson stating that they would beat my lowest quoted price.
    Did u try woodfield acura.. I had a good buying experience there but my price was $1000 less without navigation than the price Raju was quoted. Also my quote was walk in.. $32,385 looks very good for one with Navi.. Also i picked which car i wanted from the lot ( I picked one which was just delivered just one week earlier so didn't stay on the lot longer)

Raju.. Did u get the color you want