Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• greatcazoogreatcazoo Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up my 06 automatic TL with Nav. Paid 31K on the nose (includes destination) + TTL. From Springfield Acura in NJ. I love this car!
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    I'm new to this forum and am not quite sure how to post a question. But here goes: I read the post about buying the TL in NJ for 31K. I'm wondering whether prices will drop even further on the 06 if I wait until around Thanksgiving. I have a Saab to sell and I have another car I can use . So I'm not in a rush.

Also, I had been interested in an 05 or 04 Acura; but was wondering whether negotiating the price was as easy as on a new one since what one dealer might have isn't what the other dealer has, so you're comparing apples to oranges. I'd like to hear your thoughts. (I've never bought a used car before.) :confuse:
  • abknabkn Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2006 auto TL for $31.5 in MA. i think it's a good deal, although many have got better deals.
    That being said, inventories for 2006 cars are dropping-and you may not have any by Thanksgiving. I think , though, that you might just get some swesome deals towards the very end of the month.
  • theuser005theuser005 Member Posts: 15
    07 TL w/ navi.. for $34,350 (including freight) + TTL.

Should I wait or jump on it? Will the prices go down?
  • carteachcarteach Member Posts: 179
    Was your 31.5 out the door? Where else have others gotten good deals? At the end of the year do Acura dealers willing to make a deal look for cars at other dealers or when inventory gets that low, they don't care?
  • shoo74shoo74 Member Posts: 1
    I'm encouraged to hear you got a good deal in the Twin Cities. Which dealer did you end up buying from? And was 31,800 the out the door price or before tax, title, etc?

I'm just about to start looking for a 2006 TL - preferably without NAV. Do you have any advice beyond that in your email to share? How did you identify their sneaky attempts at doc fees?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
  • ssrikanthssrikanth Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for all the information in this board , i just brought home 06 TL with navigation for under 32K ( $31971 to be exact). Dealer Pohanka in Northern Virginia. They claim to be the biggest Acura dealer in North America.
  • dampfnudeldampfnudel Member Posts: 131
    By the end of the year, you might be able to get an additional $1K off. I'll be trying myself soon for about $34K including the dest. fee, I may even go a little lower. :shades:
  • abknabkn Member Posts: 2
    No, 31.5 was without TTL OTD was about 33 K.
    The end of this month or possibly the next would be best to pick up an '06. If it's an '07 you are looking , then very end of the year would be the best time.
  • vluuvluu Member Posts: 100
    07 TL w/ navi.. for $34,350 (including freight) + TTL.

Should I wait or jump on it? Will the prices go down?

I got a similiar quote in the DC/MD/VA area for $34,250 (including freight) + TTL + $250 Processing fee. This was over an email quote. I'm waiting until Dec/ Jan... by then, I'm hoping I can get the car for $33-33.5K.
    Thanks for all the information in this board , i just brought home 06 TL with navigation for under 32K ( $31971 to be exact). Dealer Pohanka in Northern Virginia. They claim to be the biggest Acura dealer in North America.

OTD price under 32K.... that's pretty good! I live about 5 minutes from Pohanka. Did you have to negotiate over time to get that deal or did you just go in and get that price?
    Many people are waiting to get 07 TL w/ navi for around $33.5k. Do dealers sell them under invoice this early?
    Thanks for your thoughts. If I wait until the end of this month or the beginning of November... what do you think I should pay for an 06 w/o nav? Is the beginning of Nov the latest I should wait?

Any thoughts about what I could expect in an 05 coming of lease?

Thanks
  • richey02hgrichey02hg Member Posts: 69
    I think you should go buy one now or within the next week or so. They are not going to be getting anymore 2006's in so your inventory choices get smaller and smaller everyday. I just got an email from a dealership in Socal saying they will go to 29,125 for non navi and beat any other dealers price? (im waiting for the 07's) But still its hard to beat a TL for close to 29k before TTL! I doubt it will get much lower than that. I'd say when november comes around you will have a very low inventory to choose from
    I believe TL is going to have to come pretty close to invoice fairly quickly sinec the competition is very high from Lexus, Infiniti and BMW

competition = good for consumers :) and I think we will strongly benefit from it considering there are new BMW models coming out and the IS is selling strong. And I know if they even try to quote me MSRP for a 2007 when I know they were just selling 2006's for over 1500 under invoice, I'lll be looking to the other side of the street at the Lexus IS or Infiniti G35. But I doubt Tustin Acura will let it come to that. Even another Socal dealership told me they dont understand how Tustin can offer those prices.
    I'm fairly flexible about color... no gold, white or red.. I have to sell my 2002 Saab and will put the ad in today.

Do you think anyone will come down to $28,000 as the year wears on?
  • tigerninatigernina Member Posts: 7
    Thank you all for your great experiences and prices. I have being emailing back and forth with dealers from San Diego and the LA area. I live in SD but have notice that, like SoCalGuy said will not budge on their price quotes. I have gotten better deals from Sierra in Covina and Thomas Acura in the low 33Ks OTD. I do not plan to buy until next month but would like to do my early research on the best price i can get for the TL 2006. So word of advice for San Diegans, take the trip up north, it is only at most 2.5 hrs away for saving $2,000. Hoenh gave me a "great price" OTD for 35,500 :p NOT! Thank goodness I am not buying until November to have time to do extra research.
  • soon07tlsoon07tl Member Posts: 1
    does nybody knows who has 07 TL & TL-S's around LA/OC/IE area ??? i meant the dealership.
    mission veijo acura (norm reeves) sent me an email saying they did. I did not follow up considering the email quoted MSRP
  • ssrikanthssrikanth Member Posts: 3
    I spoke with the internet sales mangager in the morning, walked into the showroom by noon, test drive, color selctions by 2:00, went back and forth on the price couple of times and got the deal done by 4:00.
  • r2b2r2b2 Member Posts: 1
    Bought my TL from Acura South Bay on the 10-2 after going thru several dealers from Van Nuys to Tustin. Did everything thru Edmunds free quote. Most of them came in at 33.5K.

Drove to South Bay and was in and out in about an hour. Car was waiting outside, all prepped up and sparkling clean.

Thanks Edmunds....
  • cwa318cwa318 Member Posts: 79
    Looking at an 06 TL w/Nav and 6-spd. What incenitves are dealers giving? Is there any dealer cash etc.? Thanks
  • dilberticdilbertic Member Posts: 63
    I have been talking with the local dealer about demo or new 06 TL's. I went by the lot late at night and they had 5 or 6 new 07's, but out of my range.

They have a 06 Demo he calls it with 6k miles on it, but he says factory warranty and the Acura 4.9% doesn't apply. Hmm I have been trying to talk them down to 29k for the car with Nav, but I think they might go for 29,5K. Sounds fair or fishy that none of the acura warranty or loan rate applys?

I talked to another dealer and they said they would sell me a service loaner with 8 or 9k miles on it for 31k, but I get the cert acura warranty and 4.9% loan rate.

whats the deal?

Dil
  • brokerrbrokerr Member Posts: 5
    I got following quote from local dealer.

2006 TL Base Model without Navigation:
    MSRP: $33,940.00.
    Your Price: $28,669.00

2006 TL with Navigation:
    MSRP: $35,940.00.
    Your Price: $30,479.00

They had over 10 new TL on the lot.
    Just FYI.
  • 07buyer07buyer Member Posts: 9
    Which Bay Area dealer had that many 07's on the lot? Thanks!
    Any reports on Acuras in the Northeast?
  • brokerrbrokerr Member Posts: 5
    I didn't say 07. All new TL is 06.
    Personally, I wouldn't go for this deal..especially on a car with 5k miles. You can get brand new 06 TL w/ navigation for around $30k including freight + TTL.
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Just posting my info in case anyone finds it helpful
    2006 Acura TL Auto w/o navi
    42 month lease
    money factor: .00244
    Price: $29,630 + $670 destination fee= $30,300
    Residual: $18,358 (? I don't have exact # in front of me)

think I did a pretty good job (especially for a girl ;)) but I am sure I secretly got hosed somehow (though they did throw in some wood upgrade for "free")
    good luck! don't let 'em hose you!
  • dosanimdosanim Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased 2006 TL w/ NAV for $30480. sans TTL.
    Total came about $33k including any taxes,fees etc.(destination charge as well). I got it @ Tustin Acura, CA. Only thing is that I couldn't get lower interest since I couldn't combine cashback and promo rate. It was little over 6%. Comparing to E-LOan or Capital ine site, it wasn't that bad. Any feedback on this, please?
  • poorstudentpoorstudent Member Posts: 1
    So whats the lowest price for a 2006 acura tl without nav. The lowest quote i received was 28,300 which includes destination charge. Has anyone gotten lower than that? If so, what was the price? TIA
  • dilberticdilbertic Member Posts: 63
    Thanks for the feedback !! I love this forum..

The dealer was in San Jose, CA Acura Auto West. They had 4 or 5 aleast on the lot. I didn't check the back lot cause it was after 9pm at night ;) easy enough to spot the new models by looking at the mirrors, if they have a blinker, you got an 07.

I will see if they will drop the price down on a new 06, or a really good deal on the 06 Demo. Still wish they had AWD on em :(

Dil
    Wow!! Where was this? I'm in CT.
  • dwillis1dwillis1 Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone bought the 07 yet? Wondering what kind of price you have gotten for it and what the dealership is willing to wheel and deal on. Right now they're asking roughly 36,900$ what's the best anyone has done? I'm looking to buy one by next week for my wife. We test drove one today with the navigation and she loved it. I'm in the chicagoland area. Thanks!!!
  • bwarn7bwarn7 Member Posts: 2
    Theuser005- that's a great quote in the DC area for an 07- which dealership?
  • dwillis1dwillis1 Member Posts: 4
    thanks!!! Contiental Acura of Naperville,IL
  • expat0007expat0007 Member Posts: 9
    I just called Pohanka to see if they would give me the same deal, and the best they will do now is $31,750+proc fee+TTL; Radley Acura was slightly better at $31,500+proc+TTL, and implied they could do better if I came in person.

Pohanka said that your deal was on a demo vehicle. Any truth to their claim?
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Did each dealership spell out the processing fee? They can vary widely. It's my understanding that in Virginia they can - and do - charge you whatever they want, they just have to charge everyone the same thing.

Of course they do NOT have to charge everyone the same thing for the car itself. ;)
    Yes, the dealer processing fee is $299 at Pohanka and $245 at Radley and was quickly disclosed.

I did get a call back from Pohanka just after I posted the prices above. I was then quoted $28,600 for non-nav and $30,600 with nav; both prices were + 299 proc + TTL.

So I bought a White Diamond Pearl with Black interior with Nav at the quoted price of $30,600. Total came to $31,799.99 out the door.

I had a 2004 TL shortly after they came out in 2003. I have had a couple of cars since that time. For the money, it was and continues to be a no-brainer.
    Yes, the dealer processing fee is $299 at Pohanka and $245 at Radley and was quickly disclosed.

I did get a call back from Pohanka just after I posted the prices above. I was then quoted $28,600 for non-nav and $30,600 with nav; both prices were + 299 proc + TTL.

So I bought a White Diamond Pearl with Black interior with Nav at the quoted price of $30,600. Total came to $31,799.99 out the door.

I had a 2004 TL shortly after they came out in 2003. I have had a couple of cars since that time. For the money, it was and continues to be a no-brainer.

Do you know if they were even willing to deal on the 07's with Nav? However, you got a get deal OTD. I'm 5 minutes from Pohanka Acura.... so at least I know if I want to deal on the 06's, I can definitely get it for under 32K. I'm actually willing to pay a little more for the 07's since there are improvements... but within reason?
  • franklynfranklyn Member Posts: 8
    Dealers in MD/VA (Rosenthal and Tisher) offering 07 w/NAV for $36,125. Earlier post said there were offers in DC area for 07's at $34,350, but dont' know where.

Dealer confirmed earlier post that invoice on 07 w/NAV is $32,950 plus freight.

Same dealers claim to be selling 06's for $1000-1500 under invoice to move them off the lot.
    There isn't much selection of 2006 models left at Pohanka -- white, black and anthracite - that's it. Even less in non-nav.

I didn't even bother to ask about the 2007 models. I am certain they would not make me a deal, hence the 2007 premium would be at least $3k - $5k right now, maybe more. I believe I saw 2 2007 models, and one was the A-spec in front of the showroom on the sidewalk sitting out there like a trophy. Hence with no supply, I wouldn't expect any deals. Wait a few weeks/months and prices should drop, but still at least $3000 - $4000 more than a 2006.

Based on the post above, invoice for a 2007 w/nav is about $33,500 including freight, so that is approximately a $3k premium or 10% over a 2006 with nav, *if* you can get the 2007 car at invoice.
  • dcashley84dcashley84 Member Posts: 1
    i have been trying for a while to get the lowest price.
    i got 29,995(including dest) for an 06 TL With NAV......and 28,502 Without NAV..... i got this from kevin houston @ power Acura south bay. i have heard from keyes and Temecula acura that they can match the price or That they wont be undersold. any ideas.....is this the lowest i can get? anyone got lower?
    thanks
    There isn't much selection of 2006 models left at Pohanka -- white, black and anthracite - that's it. Even less in non-nav.

Pohanka still has the most inventory in the DC/MD/VA area... but I know they play hard ball when it comes to dealing. I had a bad experience when trying to buy a MDX years ago. I do a new car search on autotrader.com and you can see all the 2006's with their VIN #'s. Pohanka stores a lot of their cars in remote locations... so they are not all on the lot. That's my headache now.... get the 2006 for an awesome price or is the 2007 worth 3-4K more. Thanks for the info... very good stuff!
    While at Pohanka, my salesman prepared a list of color/interior combinations that were available. He was very clear that red and blue were not available. Given the few colors that the cars comes in, I guess that leaves silver, black, white and anthracite. Either he was wrong, or the online system is inaccurate.
  • kennyg8kennyg8 Member Posts: 225
    Do you mind posting your bill of sale when you actually purchased your 06 TL with nav at the incredible price of 30k, which IMHO, is got to be lowest price I have ever seen so far. I will personally congratulate you when I see living proof of your feat!
  • header1header1 Member Posts: 7
    So I went to my local Acura dealer (Hinshaw's in Tacoma) and was told that the prices I saw on this forum were either 1) lies, 2) from "fire sale" Acura dealers going out of business or 3) lil' ol' me had become confused and all you big strong boys were talking about a car withOUT Nav.

I was trying to buy a 2006 TL with Nav. The salesguy said the dealer paid $32205 for the car. They then added $1314 worth of options to every car (PDI and propack?) and that every dealer in the Seattle area did that. He did readily admit to a $1500 cash back which means if they sold me the car at $32019, they'd make zero profit - and I did want it for less.

He wouldn't even give me a price for the iPod hook up I wanted. Nor would he ever give me an actual price that he would sell the car to me for - even when I asked point blank for a price (didn't even ask for it in writing).

I know there are regional price differences but the guy lost all credibility with me when he insisted that the clear plastic coating by 3M was $895 and there was no flexibility int that price because it was someone from the outside who did it - but I had just overheard the salesguy in the next cubical tell someone else that he could get it for them for $295.

Am I being unreasonable to expect to pay less than invoice for a new but year old car when there is cash back being offered?

Anyone used Costco car buying service?
  • mlb11mlb11 Member Posts: 31
    This is a good lease deal!

Could you please tell me who this is through (I'm assuming not Acura)? I've been trying to lease a TL in Chicago and cannot get them to budge on the money factor (.00290) and for a 48 month lease the residual through Acura is 47%. It looks like your residual is much better (even though this is a 42 month lease).

How do others feel right now about buying? I want to lease and I can get a great deal on the price of the car, but is there a chance Acura may offer more lease support through a lower money factor next month?

Thanks for any advice!
    header1....you should not be getting prices offered anywhere close to invoice. Even back in July I was getting quotes 500 under invoice from multiple dealerships here in Socal...now I am getting quotes 1500 invoice with 1000 back. However, I am waiting for the 2007 model, but I know for a fact I can get a 06 without Nav for 29,300 + TTL or if I want the 4.9% financing, I'll get it for 30,300 + TTL. Both of those are well below invoice. I do not know the exact prices for the Nav, but I know they just added nav price and thats all, no extra premium just because its a nav. Try talking to a different person at that dealership, or try another dealership.
  • whittonmwhittonm Member Posts: 30
    The guy in the office next door just bought an Acura TL 2006 with nav from Pohanka for $30.6K on Friday night...so the pricing sounds consistent. I bought my 2006 for $2K more last December. :cry: