Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford F-150 SUPERCREW

Comments

• mtnmikemtnmike Member Posts: 100
    Just curious if you got your truck yet. Ordered mine on 06/17/00 from Phil Long Ford (internet sales). Got a great price no negotiating just a straight up offer from them for invoice price which I jumped on right away after double checking that price against Kelly and Edmunds invoice figures. Anyway they're telling me they are getting orders delivered right at six weeks. Seems a little optimistic to me as I would expect 8 to 10 weeks. Trying to gauge it by your delivery.

Thanks

Mike
  • breidenbbreidenb Member Posts: 5
    See post #53. As an aside, what did Phil Long quote you and were you dealing with Mr. Mitts? When I was negotiating with them (a couple of month's ago so maybe their prices have come down) the best he could do was ~1000 over invoice, he never stated a bottom line price so it's an approximation on my part.
    I sent for Internet quotes from both Phil Long Ford and Burt Ford using the "Build your Ford" interactive tool on the Phil Long Ford website. That tool, on their website, suprisingly showed MSRP and dealer invoice side by side. I did a quick check against Edmunds and Kelly to make sure the invoice price was correctly posted. It was so I was comfortable the invoice price on their site was legitimate. I sent for a quote to both "Phil Long" and Burt". "Phil Long" offered the truck equipped as I had "built" it for the invoice price (saving of $4100 off MSRP). "Burt" offered the same truck for $600 above MSRP (saving of $3500). Naturally I took "Phil Longs" offer.

Prior to using the internet I had gone to 4 Denver area Ford dealerships. Three would not move off MSRP. The fourth "Omera" ford offered $1200 below MSRP. I dealt with John Walsh and Colin Cree at "Phil Long". No pressure, no negotiatons, one offer and the deal was done. Both John and Colin were courteous and professional. These two sale persons work in the dealership's "Internet sales" section which is seperate from the rest of sales. They apparently have alot of control over the sales price as their was none of "I have to check with my manager" on the price going on. As a matter of fact there was no negotiations or back and forth haggling. It was basically a, "this is our best offer take it or leave it", approach. It was the best experience at auto buying I have encountered in 35 years. They are telling me the delivery should be close to six weeks. I think that may be a little optimistic and am prepared for 8 to 10 weeks. How long was the wait on your order???

Thanks

Mike
    For those ordering S Crews. I was told yesterday production has been delayed a month as Ford will be building the "Super Duty's in KC also and is gearing up. True or not who knows; but that was the explanation given for a 6/21 order that got a built date of the week of 8/21 (priority 12). Oh well, it will be worth the wait.

Mtn Mike
  • starrogstarrog Member Posts: 7
    Thanks Mntmike for the information you furnished me the other day. I went to the dealership yesterday inquiring about my order. I did not realize that the order form I was orginally looking at was just a mock order to see if all of the equipment I wanted was available. I received a copy of my real order from the dealer. I have a priority 10, that sounds alot better doesn't it. I called the number you furnished and my scheduled built date won't be until 8/7/00. I ordered the truck on 6/2/00. Thats about 60 days before they even start making my SC. I'm a little disappointed in the amount of time it's taking, but I guess its because I'm so anxious. I've waited years to get my new truck, I guess a few more weeks won't matter. It will be worth it. Again I appreciate the information.

I just recently signed on to townhall and I have really enjoyed all of the discussions. If you get the time, let me know how your SC experience goes.
    Time frame seems about right. My order was placed on 06/21/00 and the "Built Date" is the week of 08/21/00. Apparently there was a month delay tacked on all S-Crews ordered after 06/01/00 due to factory conversion for "Super-Dutys". The April and May orders were running about six to eight weeks from date of order. I too am anxious. You should get yours about two weeks ahead of me so stay in touch.

Mtn Mike
    Just curious if any of you S-crew owners or buyers
    are leasing the truck. Curious about what
    residual you got with a "Red Carpet Lease" and what
    "Money Factor" (Rent Charge) you were given. I am
    being told for now anyway residual at 62% for 24
    months and 57% for 36 months with a 9% "Money
    Factor" (rent charge). That may change for the
    better or worse after 07/05/00 when the current
    S-Crew program expires.

TIA
    Mtnmike
  • lee75lee75 Member Posts: 15
    I wasn't going to order it, but I just might. I've been drving rag tops for many years and may miss the sky view. Anyone have experience with this vehicles moonroof or f-150 moonroofs generally? Many thanks.
    Lee75,

Check this board or the other S-Crew discussion board "See all responses". I read a couple of complaints about vibration and noise when the "Moonroof" is open at speeds over 65mph.

Mtn Mike
  • bmccannbmccann Member Posts: 1
    I have got the dealer down to $500 over invoice for SC XLT, 4.6l,Trailer tow grp, slider window- $34,640 Canadian (approx.$23,250 us).We have agreed on trade-in $. My question is how long on avg. is it taking for delivery after order. Dealer wants $0.08/Km discount on all Km I put on my trade-in from order date.I want to know how many months it takes to get truck so I can estimate Km loss. I havn't signed yet.
  • mikea2mikea2 Member Posts: 4
    bmccann, My supercrew took 10 weeks to get here
    in Florida. My salesman said delivery times were
    increasing. I ordered a white Lariat with 5.4L V8
    Trailer Tow package, CD changer, two-tone gold trim, 3.55 LTD SLIP, Cab Steps. I paid $600.00 over Invoice plus tax & tag. I am waiting for a fiberglass lid cover to arrive ( 8 weeks )
    Jcroach,

When did you order your S-crew? The June orders were backed up at least 5 weeks due to a factory conversion to include production of "Super Dutys". April and May orders were getting out 6 to 7 weeks from order date, June was backed up, and that probably backed July up also. Anyway, my order date was 6/21 with a "Built Date" the week of 08/21/00. Your August 7th date tells you the truck is currently scheduled to be built the week of August 7th.

Mtn Mike
  • jcroachjcroach Member Posts: 7
    Mtn Mike:

I received the "decoder" today from "Gage" (not Guage as I spelled it in my earlier post). Gage is a division of Adistra LLC, which I believe is a Ford susidiary. It was shipped UPS and there was no charge for either the card or the shipping.

The decoder is simply a 3X5 inch laminated card which converts letters to a numeric form for entry into the VOPC system. Your example in your previous post alludes to this when you say:

"...Your DORA will show either W07 for the 2WD or W08 for the 4WD. The automated phone access does not recognize those entries and you should enter 2107 for 2WD or 2108 for 4WD body style..."

Later in the same post, you said to enter:

"...the body style number (9107 for two wheel drive and 9108 for 4wd, and model year (2001)..."

I agree with the latter, as the decoder shows "91" as being the numerical equivalent of the letter "W". "21" is the numerical equivalent of the letter "A".

Since you were unfamiliar with the decoder, out of curiousity how did you know to enter 9107 or 9108 for the body style?

Later today, I'm going to try to access my SC by VIN number, which the decoder will allow me to do.
    I'll let you know how it works.

jcr

PS: I signed the paperwork on 06/05. The CS Rep @ VOPC said it was a "tentative" build date. At least I know more now than I did after talking to the dealer.

Thanks again for your help.
  • stinhoutxstinhoutx Member Posts: 47
    Jcroach:

Is the decoder something that could be scanned and shared, or is there at least some pattern associated with the numbering system that I could recreate manually?

You said "21" was "A", what would "U" be?

Thanks in advance.
    stinhoutx:

Click on my name and send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you. Give me some time to scan it in though.

jcr
    JCroach,

Sorry to all there was a "typo" in my last posting. The S-crew 2WD body style should be entered in the VOPC as 9107 and the 4WD body style as 9108. JCRoach I do not have acces to the decoder you obtained. The info concerning body style was given by another member of this board. If your order number has letters in it then you will need the decoder to access the info.

Mtn Mike
  • lee75lee75 Member Posts: 15
    I'd like to see the beige before ordering and it was not on the ford.com site.
  • trimfactortrimfactor Member Posts: 2
    I have a brand new 2001 f150 supercrew 4x4 lariat
    at 180 miles my tranny started to fail..I brought it to the service and a day later it was "fixed"
    they said it was a control valve, they "cleaned" it and replaced the fluid and gasket...I drove to 318miles before I had to call the 24hr 800# to have [non-permissible content removed] towed. Its still in service...Has anyone had the same problem? please help...nauses
  • amity232amity232 Member Posts: 1
    I'm trying to decide between the F150 Supercrew and a Dakota 5.9l Quad. I've got a Chevy 1500 with a 5.7L, Gibson Exhaust & K&N air Filter and Jacobs Omni Magnum ignition. It moves out well and I'm looking to duplicate that with either the Ford or the Dodge. Anybody have an opinion?
  • class9class9 Member Posts: 2
    Why did you rule out a new chevy?
  • draymond2draymond2 Member Posts: 134
    I ordered my Supercrew 2weeks ago through the X plan. My neice works at Ford Truck Plant in Louisville (management).. I saved $400 under invoice.
  • goodwingoodwin Member Posts: 24
    my friend got a 2001 supercrew 4x4 lariat very nice truck! only couple things i didnt like was the oil filter was put over the front axle "front diff" so that looks like fun to change the oil and have it run all over the place. and no heated seats for the lariat? i'm going to trade in my 2000 f-250 lariat for a 2001 f-250 you can now get the heated seats. ford could have put the heated seats in and i dont see why they didnt?
  • fordnutfordnut Member Posts: 80
    Now, I'm confused? I was told by Ford that you would be buying under the A-plan since you have a relative working for them and that a supplier of Ford would be under the X-plan. Either way, I'm not eligible and the plan is not offered on the Supercrew--thats what tell me.
    I think you are getting misinformed. The A-plan is for immediate family members of ford employees, eg. parents or siblings.

It is my understanding the X-plan is available through ford salaried employees only, hourly employees are not eligible for the X-plan.

There are no relationship criteria involved in the X-plan, other than knowing a salaried employee that will help you.

Here's how it works, The employee will take your name and social security number and enter it into a computer, which generates a pin number that you give to the dealer of your choice that will sell you the vehicle for the X-plan price.

It is my understanding it is approx. 4% over the A-plan price, which is under invoice, in my case it was $400 under invoice for the X-plan price.

I hope this helps,,good luck.......
    I forgot to add, some dealers will tell you, you can't order the sport trac or supercrew under the x-plan.

There are usually one of two reasons for this.
    1. they have allready used their allocation for that particular type of vehicle and can't order any more presently, this is a dealership issue.

2. there isn't enough profit there to warrant wasting their time with you
  • fordnutfordnut Member Posts: 80
    Thanks for the info. I have a ID number from Ford's program fulfillment center. When I called and I mentioned I worked for a supplier of theirs (i.e. Motorola) they said no problem and took my name and S.S.# and we were done. Then I ask if the SC or the ST could be bought with this plan and they said no.....I am really confused!
  • jebjeb Member Posts: 2
    I had similar problems with the transmission on my new supercrew. At 1100 miles they replaced what they called the hydraulic valve body. I guess it is just my bad luck to get the supercrew with the bad drive train because they also had to replace the entire rear axle assembly the next week.
  • trimfactortrimfactor Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response, they already fixed my valve body then it was my seal between the tranny and the transfer case, they said it was good to go. fortunately I convinced them to replace my tranny and transfer case, even though it was "fixed". guess what before my new powertrain came in my "fixed" tranny failed once again, it starts to slip and does'nt go into D quickly. also the tran fluid disapeers, it leaks thru the seal into the transfer case go figure. Luckily I just got a call for my powertrain to be installed.I hope this is the last .....
  • posadas802posadas802 Member Posts: 13
    I'm still suffering from new truck syndrome and
    last week I witnessed someone hitting my new 2001
    F-150SC on driver side. As many of you can imagine
    I nearly suffered a heart attack and was pretty
    torque seeing this quarter size blemish. I thought
    I was safe parking next to a handicap parking
    stall, but I was wrong. Anyway, a friend of mind
    recommended Dent Wizard (they have shops nationwide
    - www.dentwiz.com). They specialize in paintless
    dent removal (PDR). Ck out this article
    http://carpoint.msn.com/jump/news/Jpapnews_4018966_6.asp

It was expensive, $147, but it gave me peace of
    mind and I don't have to stare at the blemish,
    anymore.
  • starrogstarrog Member Posts: 7
    Jcroach and mtnmike - I called the VOPC today (8/2/00)to check on my 6/2/00 order and was told the truck was locked in to be built the week of 8/7/00 (this date has not changed) with an expected dealer delivery date of 9/11/00. That is 4 weeks after the built date until I receive the truck!!!! Does anyone know if it actually takes that long to deliver or do you think they over estimate? My patience is running REAL THIN! I want my new truck! Total time from original order seems be approximately 13 weeks. Any feed back is appreciated.

Starrog
  • tomps57tomps57 Member Posts: 24
    Starrog - I also have an order (Bright Red Lariat) that's been in about as long as yours, with the same build date, 8/7. I was told that the dealer, in Huntsville Tx, had received vehicles within 2 weeks from build date! I am trying to be optimistic.
    Question for new SCcrew owners who went with spray-in liners.......how did you handle the access bolts in the bed of the truck? If I recall right that is a "new" innovation to access the underside of the bed, but if you spray the liner over them, will it render them useless? Just wondering as I wait for my order to get here.
    tomps57, My Rhino dealer took the access bolts (4) out prior to spraying the liner in. It looks fine. Yes, Rhino mentioned that's how Ford access the underside for any major work to be done there.
  • runner21runner21 Member Posts: 28
    Starrog and tomps57, I have also put my order in for a new SC150. Did that on June 1,00. Still haven't gotten word form dealer on when it's going to get here. Lucky for me I live in Kansas City where it's being built. I want to go up on Aug.7 and help them along with it. But, reading all the problems that people are having, I am starting to think that I am getting excited for nothing. I hope that any problems I have with it once I get it will be minor. Will keep you updated....
  • hulagirlhulagirl Member Posts: 39
    Aloha from Hawaii. I checked with every dealer in Hawaii and not one would back off full MSRP on a 2001 Supercrew. Went to the Ford site for dealer locate and emailed numerous dealers up and down the west coast. Scarff Ford in Auburn Washington was very responsive and tracked down the truck I want - Lariat with captain's chairs - and will deliver it to the dock for shipping to Hawaii. This has truly been the most pleasant car buying experience I've ever had - with the exception of the local dealers - some outright lied to me! Wanted to keep my hard earned dollars in Hawaii, but Jerry Thurman at Scarff Ford just saved me way too much money.
    I meant to say that six (6) bolts were removed, prior to installing the Rhino Liner.
    Thanks for the correction, although hopefully I would have realized there were (are) 6 bolts. Can I ask how much you paid? And where you are located? I am trying to get a feel for what this will set me back.
    And for those waiting, I checked VOPC this morning and I am scheduled to be made this week and eta delivery is 8/21!! (in Huntsville TX)
    Paid $380 (for std black-more if you add color) and I'm located in the Bremerton, Washington area. By the way, Rhino provided two drain holes (approx 1/2" dia) on either side. Normally, the water drains out of the bed along the front seam. However, I asked them to drill these drain holes, since in time the seam tends to be hard to clean out.
  • craigarcraigar Member Posts: 3
    I was in to see my local Ford Dealer today to order a S-Crew. He indicated that the 4.6 is now boasting 240HP (Vs 220) for the F150 line. He showed me the announcement for the regular and supercabs, but it did not list the Supercrew. The new engine comes with any of the 150s he's ordered "recently" (though I'm not sure what he meant by "recently"). He thought the Super Crew would be getting the new engine as well. Anyone out there know for sure?
  • k2riderk2rider Member Posts: 21
    I had the Line-X liner sprayed in instead of the Rhino. I was going to have the Rhino put in thru the dealer but they suggested Line-X. They said it was the same product but didn't fade as bad as Rhino does with time. I live in the San Diego area and it was $330.
    Starrog and others,

My built is still scheduled for the week of 08/21/00. Delivery is another question. The shipment is based partially on when they load the vehicle on the train. There is a delay while it holds at the plant after being built. Then the group number of trucks are moved onto the train cars. The freight cars aren't moved out until the shipment is full. So if your order hits one of the last freight cars it will go a lot quicker than if it is one of the first on and has to wait for the maximum number loaded to be shipped to your area of the country. Such is life!!!! Let us know when you FINALLY get your trucks!

Mtn Mike
  • elliottdjelliottdj Member Posts: 12
    Ordered my Lariat SC in late May or early June - can't remember - and had an original build date of 8/7 on the VOPC. Per dealer, however, the ETA at dealer was 8/7 on his reports. Turns out that the VOPC is now showing build week of 8/7 and ETA of 8/28. Sure wish dealer had been correct but it appears the VOPC is correct. Like you, Mtn Mike, I am anxiously awaiting. Seems like it has been forever.....
    As of last week, VOPC was still saying "scheduled build date of week of August 7th., with delivery week of August 21st."

Checked again Monday (August 7) and got the same response.

Ditto on Tuesday the 8th.

Yesterday, I heard those beautiful words:

"Your vehicle has been manufactured and is scheduled for delivery the week of August 21st."

I just called again and the news is even better!

"Your vehicle has been shipped via rail carrier"

The dealer has already said he will go to the ramp in Fostoria,Oh and bring it back if I want him to. I just may take him up on it.
    I too checked today and was advised that the truck has been produced and is awaiting shipment, with delivery the week of August 21st.

We will learn how lucky we both are from this point. Seems like jcroach you are already one step closer than I. Good luck.

I think are trucks are related!
    I may never see it!

Please forgive my lousy spelling/grammar.

Obviously I meant to say OUR trucks.......

I guess I am just giddy with anticipation....
    JC,

Looks like you and Tomps57 have two brother and sister S-Crews. Also looks like you lucked out and got on the back of the train. Keep us updated on your delivery and also what you think of that big beast after you've had it a while.

Mtn Mike
  • hulagirlhulagirl Member Posts: 39
    Just ordered my S-Crew - was told 6-8 weeks until delivery.....after reading Jcroach and Tomps57 I'm wondering if my S-Crew will be a Christmas present!! Hopefully before Halloween, anyway!
  • elliottdjelliottdj Member Posts: 12
    Add my Screw to the race with Jcroach and Tomps57. As of today, Aug 11, mine has been shipped via rail. Anybody know how long it takes which it is on the train? The VOPC last week said that it would arrive the week of 8/28. Seems like a long train ride from KC. Hurrahh!!!!
  • runner21runner21 Member Posts: 28
    What is VOPC? and Where do you access it? My truck had a build date of Aug. 08. and I cannot get a hold of the dealer. I live in KC and wonder if my would get delivered before the week of aug. 21, like the dealer told me earlier this week.
This discussion has been closed.