Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rsaldana65rsaldana65 Member Posts: 1
    Hi I am interested in buying a TL and also located in Houston. What dealership did you visit for this deal? Do you mind sharing any helpful tips; this is my first new car experience. Not sure how to haggle, but I am doing my homework. Thanks.
  • willis3willis3 Member Posts: 76
    There are no differences betweent the 07 and 08. If you plan on keeping the car for a long time, go for the 07. If you are one to get a new car in a few years, then you might want to go with the 08.
  • aravind99aravind99 Member Posts: 15
    Hi,
    Can anyone plese share their buying expericene in New Jersey Area?
    I am interested in buying 2007 TL base model.
    What could be the best price?
    Thanks
  • ribossi1ribossi1 Member Posts: 8
    I've been all over the place, and the best deal that I found on my TL with Nav, was at Springfield Acura. Not sure what they would do on a Base TL :confuse:

My salesman name was Calvin, tell him that Ribossi sent you. I know that you can go to www.acurasearch.com to find out more.

Hope that helps.
  • aravind99aravind99 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for reply. If you don't mind can you share your price?

Thanks
  • ribossi1ribossi1 Member Posts: 8
    Hey no problem. This is what I wrote a couple of days ago regarding my price.

Second, my wife and I live here in New Jersey and we were looking to get 2 cars, a MDX for her and a TL for me. She went to the MDX forum and found Springfield Acura and we spoke to Calvin. He told us that he would K.I.S. our deal (Keep It Simple) LOL...and that's what he did. $34,500 + Tax 7% Jersey + Doc. Fee $189 + Etch $188 + Prep $400 + MV $389 + NJ Tire Tax $7.50. And that was that.

Obviously Cal can do a lot better on a TL Base, go to www.acurasearch.com if you want more details on your car. Hope that helps.
  • jerseygirl6jerseygirl6 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 07' TL from Acura Ocean in July, $35K out the door. This included several options, tail wing, wheel locks, door guards, and trunk mat (actually a hard plastic mold). I basically took the base price, added the options at cost + taxes and destination and made the offer. Had I waited for the 08's I might have done better. After driving a Lexus I like the Acura however the suspension is much rougher. If that's the kind of ride you like you'll love the car. I like it a lot but I don't love it. Good luck. I used Uri at Acura, Ocean. I liked him but as a whole do not like the dealership. They are not the friendliest when you first go in.
  • brookwaterbrookwater Member Posts: 2
    THere is a TL with NAvi car at a local dealership that the dealer says was never titled, but was previously bought by a customer. Can that be the case? The customer said the car had a rattle, which I have read either here or on consumerreports.org might be an issue. The GM said the checked it out, changed the transmission because they thought that was the issue, but it was not. They then put some type of sound barrier on the car so it doesn't make that noise anymore. I test drove it and did not hear anything.

They indicated that because of that the car is a dealer buyback, but because it was never titled it can be sold as new. The car is currently being used as a dealer car and has a little less than 4K miles on it.

Does that sound plausable to you guys? They want $30,306 plus doc fee and TTT. Is that a good deal given the situation? Any questions I should ask?

The 07 are scarce in my town and I would love to jump on this!
  • saini_grvsaini_grv Member Posts: 8
    Its a good price for a new car. But the car you described can in no way be considered a "New" car.
    I will advise that you look around for other dealers different States/cities, don't constraint yourself with dealers in your area. Dont be afraid to ship the car from other states. You can get great deals on 07 TL in Southern California and Chicago/NY/NJ area. Even after paying shipping, the car will be cheaper than what you are paying right now.

Again, I would not consider buying this car car for 30,306, it has already gone through some repair. If the dealer reduces the price to 28,500 then we are talking.
  • brookwaterbrookwater Member Posts: 2
    THanks for your thoughts Saini.

I have never tried to buy a car from another locale. How does that work exactly?

Oh...they threw in a 7 yr 100K warranty. Does that make it better?
  • scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    Yeah, that's no new car.
    It may be something they can call new on paper, but that's far from new.
    It's been through major heart surgery and is sitting in the ICU hoping for a new set of adoptive parents.

The only benefit to buying it as a "new" car would be the possible lower finance rate. Most used car rates are slightly higher, depending on your credit.

The 7/100K warranty is worth approx $1,250 but if they sold it to you as a Certified Used car, that warranty would be included anyway.

The car has miles on it and had a previous owner.
    It's been through major repair.

It's not new and that price is just too high.
  • saini_grvsaini_grv Member Posts: 8
    The warranty is good, but the price is high. Please keep in mind that this car has gone through major repairs/replacements ! If you are willing to shell off 30,500 on this then add another 500 and get a new TL with Nav.
    The key is start looking for dealer throughout the US.
    Start mailing acura dealers , in state and out of state. You are a little late but there are still 2007 TLs available, you might have to compromise on colors.

Buying a car from another state is perfectly ok, I jsut bought mine. You generally have to pay the shipping but you can get great deals. I mailed around 30 dealers, from in CA, NY, NJ, IL, FL. finally purchased it from CA. I live in TX, got it shipped. 28,500 for a new TL without nav. Act fast ! Good luck.
  • krash478krash478 Member Posts: 4
    I have a dealer locked up at $30,500 (+ TTT) for a new 2007 w/Nav ... any thoughts on if this is a good deal?
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    They still have 07s left,
    I think its a very good deal. If the colour is to your liking then you should go ahead and pull the trigger or if you can wait for the 09s, there may be better deals to be had on 08s, but than you may want to get an 09.
    Can you tell us which dealership offered you that price, that will help our fellow members to do a price match.
    Thankyou and good luck
  • krash478krash478 Member Posts: 4
    After searching the tri-state area for a few weeks I was able to find exactly the color and interior I was looking for. There are not many '07s left in NY/CT/NJ. Paragon Acura in Woodside (Queens) is where I was able to finaly wear the General Sales Manager (Tony) down and at 9pm on friday night he gave in and sold me the car. He purports the dealership lost $1,100 in the deal, but I don't see how that's possible given a $33,300 invoice and $2,500 dealer cash back.
  • theredfrotheredfro Member Posts: 3
    I was just quoted a price of $33,999 for a new 2008 TL with Nav. Is that a pretty good deal? If not, what is?

Thanks
  • kennyg8kennyg8 Member Posts: 225
    I heard bad things about Paragon. If the car is brand new (less than 30 miles) and you are paying cash, the price is excellent. If you are financing thru Paragon, watch out!
  • acura_tlacura_tl Member Posts: 38
    Does that price include "dealer fees", "doc fees", etc?
    If yes, $33999 for a 2008 TL with Navigation sounds like a great deal.
    I got mine at 34500 last month and was very happy with the deal.
    Good question. I'll have to check on that. It seemed like too good of a price to get quoted without haggling at all, so maybe there are some fees.

Also, how much more would you expect to (reasonably) pay for a Type-S? $2000?
  • mmiles2310mmiles2310 Member Posts: 3
    I am a new member interested in deals in Illinois. I shopped a dealer yesterday on a 2008 TL-S loaded and they were comfortable in an initial discussion of $500 over invoice. That conversation leads me to think that I might be able to get a little more off. Any feedback on recent purchases?

Any inside information of any rebates coming up on Nov 1?

Thanks!
  • jminhhjminhh Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys,

I was trying to buy 2007 TL W/Navigation (wheel locks,splash guards).I found one which has 4300 miles demo car and i like the color.They are asking for 29500 + tax + license.Is this a good deal.

I got a quote for 2008 TL W/Navigation (wheel locks,splash guards) for 33,522 + tax + license fee.Is this a good deal.

I am unsure of what to go for.I am trying to save couple of bucks.are both the good deals?
    I received info on a financing deal being offered in the DC area on new TL's.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Just announced!
    2.9% and 4.9%
    financing is back!

Take advantaged of Acura's special financing on all new
    TL and TL Type-S

2.9% for 36 months
    4.9% for 60 months
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Looks like a great deal for the 36 months.
  • mmiles2310mmiles2310 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you!

I was interested in leasing info.

Mark
  • wolveseatsheepwolveseatsheep Member Posts: 41
    Oh no!! Does this mean no more $2500 rebate? How can they do that - it said good thru 10/31! I don't want to lease or finance but want a good deal... Guess I wait for November 1 now and hope, or is this lease/finance deal the deal for november? Ugh!
  • socalif714socalif714 Member Posts: 10
    Financing available for 2008 models of Acura TL and TL Type-S:
    2.9% for 36 months
    4.9% for 60 months
    * Not available with 2007 models

$2500 Factory to Dealer incentives still available for 2007 TL and TL Type-S through 10-31-2007. Dealer incentives will most likely will be renewed through November.
    I am currently looking for a TL or TL Navi in either 2008 (with 2.9% financing) or 2007 (with the $2500 Factory to Dealer incentive). Here is what has been emailed to me (southern california area):

PRICE UPDATE FOR ALL 2007 ACURAS IN STOCK
    ALL PRICES INCLUDE DESTINATION CHARGE
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    2007 TL BASE MSRP $34,295.00, Internet price $29,517.93* (two left in stock. Carbon Bronze with Taupe interior and Royal Blue with Taupe interior)

2007 TL NAV MSRP $36,795.00, Internet price $31,806.62*
    (two left in stock, we have Royal Blue/Ebony, Desert Mist/Parchment and Alabaster Silver/Taupe in stock)

2007 Acura TL Type S SOLD OUT
    This is from Glendale Acura (southern california area):

We do have the new 2008 TL with navigation in stock and ready for delivery. The MSRP for this TL is $36,940, and your special Internet Price for October is only $33,750 plus tax, lic., dmv and CA tire disposal fees.
    This is from South Coast Acura (in Costa Mesa, CA):

Year-Make Model MSRP South Coast E-Price Stock

2008 Acura TL - Base MSRP $34,395.00
    South Coast Acura E-Price $32,400 plus fees, does not include any dealer added accessories

2007 Acura TL - Navi MSRP $36,795.00
    South Coast Acura E-Price $31,306 plus fees, does not include any dealer added accessories
    Stock Available: 1 black with grey left in stock as of 10/28/07
    This is from Sierra Acura (in Alhambra, CA):

--sorry about the ALL CAPS, this is from their email--

THERE IS A SPECIAL RATE FOR ALL 2008 TL'S, RATES AS LOW AS 2.9% FOR 36 MONTH AND 4.9% FOR 60 MONTH*. HURRY IN ! THE SALE ENDS ON WED OCT 31, 2007:
    MSRP --- SALE PRICE --- YOU SAVE

2008 TL PREMIUM, NO NAVIGATION: ..... $34,440.00 ..... $31,599** ..... $2,841

2008 TL WITH NAVIGATION: .................... $36,940.00 ..... $33,849** ..... $3,091

2008 TL TYPE-S WITH NAVIGATION: ....... $38,940.00 ..... $36,249** ..... $2,691

* Special rates are for qualified buyers with tier 1 credit. Rates may be higher for buyers with tier 2 through tier 4 credit.
    ** Price quoted is before any government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer document preparation charge, and CA tire disposal fee. Price is valid only through the Internet dept., for vehicles in stock, and is subject to change at dealer's discretion.
    ** Plus, these dealer options are included without extra charge: wheel locks and splash guards. Also, your 1st OIL change is on us.
    This is from Metro Acura (in Montclair, CA):

NO PITCH, NO HASSLE, JUST THE BEST PRICE FOR 2008'S. Special lease programs now available for 2008's.

2008 TL automatic $ *31,995

2008 TL Navi automatic $ *34,195

2008 TL Type-S automatic $ *36,295

Quoted prices do include destination charges, no other hidden fees!. PLEASE NOTE THIS PRICE IS ONLY GOOD THROUGH THE INTERNET DEPARTMENT.

* plus tax, license, government fees. Must take delivery from dealer's inventory. Internet prices are valid for 72 hours and are subject to change at dealer's discretion.
    This is from Santa Monica Acura (in southern california) on 30-Oct-2007:

This price quote is for a 2007 Acura TL, Automatic Transmission and Navigation System. The Retail price of this vehicle is $36,795.

Your special Internet price from Santa Monica Acura is just $30,688 plus fees. Based on our information from other dealers in Southern California, this price is extremely competitive. If for some reason you receive a lower price, please let us know so we maybe able to price match or beat it, all we ask is to forward us any quote you have received.

It is our goal to provide excellent customer service as well as competitive pricing!
    Your demo car 2007 TL W/Navigation with 4300 miles asking $29500 + tax + license, is NOT a good deal. Dealers are closing out NEW 2007 TL-NAV's for $30,688 + tax + fees.

The 2008 TL W/Navigation (wheel locks,splash guards) for $33,522 + tax + license is an EXCELLENT DEAL. This is better than ANY quote I have seen or been given.

The absolute best deal I was quoted for on a 2008 TL with NAV has been $33,550 (including wheel locks, splash guards, and a free oil change).
  • casolorzcasolorz Member Posts: 88
    What do you think might be a google deal on one of those.
    On Wednesday 10-31-2007, Santa Monica Acura had two (2) 2007 TL Type-S models left. Best to contact them through their internet marketing department for best pricing.

For the remaining 2007 Acura TL Models, ideal pricing is roughly:
    TL $28,500, TL NAVI $30,500, TL Type-S (includes Nav) $32,500
  • cllawcllaw Member Posts: 32
    Hi all

I'm planning to get a 08 TL with Nav in the New York Metro area, anyone can recommend a good dealer that talk to start my shopping? I got a quote from plaza acura for a 08 TL with Nav in any color I want for 33800 +TTL. Is that a good deal?

Also anyone have an idea when will the 09 TL come out? If the 09 will come out at March 08, I would probably wait for the new model come out

Thanks all

Alex
  • acura_tlacura_tl Member Posts: 38
    Alex,
    33800 + TTL for a 08 TL with Nav sounds like a great offer - too good to be true!!

Does it include all dealer/doc/prep/etc/etc fees that the dealers quitely include in the final calculations?

I doubt the 2009 will be available before August 2008. So far I have see no information what so ever about the new model. Please share with me if you have found something.

Thanks.
  • oc2020oc2020 Member Posts: 14
    I looked at that black one at South Coast. I was getting it for 30,900 but i did not like how they keep their cars. The black one had scratches on the bumper and the battery was dead. I bought mine from Planet Acura. Black with taupe interior. I paid $30,900 for a 2007 Tl with Navi. There is no reason why you should pay any higher. In fact i think you can go lower.
  • colaangelcolaangel Member Posts: 1
    I received a quote on a 2008 TL, no NAV and no options for $30,741 plus $715 dest. All that is left is TTL, which will get me to about $34,000 due to high tax rate in my county (COOK, IL). Can I have some opinions as to is this a good price? Thanks in advance.
  • dairyshickdairyshick Member Posts: 129
    I know edmunds doesn't mention any dealer incentives for leftover '07 TLs, but does anyone know of anything that's still hiding out there?

My wife is getting antsy again for a new car and she initially wanted the RDX, but for a few thousand less it looks like we could land a TL and save the 5-7 MPG by driving the TL. Any thoughts on what I should be paying for either? I live near Pensacola/Panama city, FL, so I'm willing to go to Tallahassee or some of Alabama if necessary.
  • sreddy88sreddy88 Member Posts: 4
    Paid 30,400 +TTT, no destination charges. Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, Trunk tray included. Is it good deal?

Compromised with Color (While Pearl and Tuape interior), not many 07s out there, though its great.
  • jhuo1jhuo1 Member Posts: 1
    Been lurking around this forum for a couple of months. I have to say, you guys are very helpful and friendly. I just purchased a 07 TL, non-Nav. I live in Utah and there are only two dealers in the state. The 07's were sold out about a week before the $2500 factory cash ended at the end of October. As of now, there aren't any dealer cash or rebates from Acura.

Anyway, here is the story of how we bought our TL. On October 28th, we received our third recall notice on a 03 VW Passat 1.8t we used to own. Two days before that, I had a accident in the Passat and damaged the intercooler that sits behind the front bumper. Needless to say, the wife freaked out and thought our car will fall apart.

So we checked our budget and decided to get a new car. We both liked the TL, but since 07s were gone, we didn't want to spent the money on a 08. We also drove the 08 Accord V6. It was nice, roomy, comfortable, but just not as fun to drive as the TL.

So we started to contact Acura dealers in the surrounding states and found both Acura dealers in Nevada still had some 07s left. So I started to contact both dealer to get a deal going. I all but finalized the deal with Acura of Las Vegas for a good price on October 31 on a base TL. Next day, I called to put a deposit down, but was told by the sales lady that the $2500 dealer cash was no longer avail and she jacked price up by $800.00. So I went back to second dealer which was Findlay Acura, outside of Las Vegas. I ended get a dark blue TL for $29243.00, incl mudguards, door edge guard, trunk liner. Paid $199 in window etching, $399 in doc fees and $28 in title fee. totalling $29900.00. I was too tired to fight for the etching and doc fees as I am already getting a good deal. without the extra package, the car would have been around $28600.00. I do need to pay sales tax in Utah once I get the Cert of Origin.

We happened to plan a short trip to Vegas during Veterans day weekend. So we picked up veh on Saturday. Findlay Acura was great to work with. It took them longer to get the car ready than the paperwork. Low pressure from finance manager to sell warranty, lo jack, etc.

Dealer was only offering $9500 for my Passat, so I sold it to Carmax for $11,000.00.
    I am so happy with the TL, been reading the owners manual page to page.
    Anyway, thanks again for your help with pricing and info. You guys are awesome.
    By the way, Findlay Acura still has two 07 left. Dark blue/parchment non-nav TL and one champagne/parchment, Nav.
  • bikerkasey1bikerkasey1 Member Posts: 2
    Is $13,000.00 a good price for a 02 TL-S?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    If you are looking for a price on a used car, the best place to post is here:

Real-World Trade-In Values

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mbrownimbrowni Member Posts: 5
    Readers:

I want to personally address the complaint sent by the above customer of Cerritos Acura. Unfortunately, the retail car business is not a perfect place. Customers have more access to information, both truthful and erroneous, than ever before. Good, accurate information is hard to come by via 3rd party sites. Dealers, still use the old bait and switch tactics in their e-mail responses to customers. While I do not personally condone this type of behavior at my stores and have put control steps in place to prevent this, it still happens.

The customer above e-mailed my dealership about a 2007 TL-S in carbon bronze. At the time of the original e-mail, we had one in stock. The consumer then took a vacation and when he returned, the vehicle had been sold. We then agreed to a very competitive deal on a 2008 in stock and the customer took delivery of the vehicle. He was happy when he left the lot, but continued to shop other dealers via the web and, of course, he found a better deal.

At the Browning Automotive Group and Cerritos Acura, we want all of our customers to leave our dealership 100% satisfied. My family would not have been in this business since 1936 if the vast majority of our customers did not leave 100% satisfied. The internet now allows consumers to do the shopping that they normally did over the phone and in person. However, dealerships still low-ball people on price and options over the web in effort to get them on the lot. My advice to all consumers shopping for cars over the internet, is to get the quoting dealership to send the VIN# for the vehicle that they are quoting. You will find that most stores will simply not respond to this e-mail, because the quote that they are sending you is typically not a vehicle they have in stock.

The truth is, Cerritos Acura is the #1 store in California for retail sales. We want our customers to be happy before, during and after the purchase process. Our best customers are our current customers.

Regards,

Matt Browning - Director
  • bikerkasey1bikerkasey1 Member Posts: 2
    I already bought it. The dealer did not really know what he had.

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Congrats on the new car!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• pg_riderpg_rider Member Posts: 2
    I test drove a new 2007 TL NAVI last night to get an initial feel for it (with no intention of actually buying -- I haven't even sold my old car yet). Of course the sales guy wouldn't let me leave without making me an offer so I said what the hell. First they offerered me $6000 on a trade-in for my 3000GT, which I was very surprised at considering how filthy it was -- I really wasn't thinking about doing a deal that day and therefore my car looked like hell. Anyway, the TL had a "sale" tag in the window of $34,999, and they offered me the car at $33,422 + $589 doc fee + TTL with a 5.75% finance offer (he said that price included a $1500 cash back offer that Acura is running right now). I told them that was a good offer but 1) I want to try and sell my car privately first for closer to $7500, and 2) I've seen many examples (mostly on this forum!) of people getting new 2007 TL NAVIs for significantly less (averaging around $31000+TTL). The guy looked like he was honestly hurt that I was turning down the offer! I told him no thanks, but that I'll be back after I sell my car and hopefully they'll still have the 2007's...

What do you guys think? I really like the car but and I'm not in a hurry and refuse to rush into a deal. Should I go back and offer them $31,500 and no fees?
  • cowbertcowbert Member Posts: 3
    I think 33,422 + 589 = 34,011 is too high for a 07 TL w/ Navi. Secondly, the sales might have "got his facts wrong" about the cash back. Acura is currently offering 2.99% for 36 months, or 4.99% or 48 months, not cash back. Check around.

I am also in the process of collecting quotes for the 08 TL w/ Navi. BTW, I am in BayArea, CA. The quotes I have gotten so far are 34,000 + TTL. The lowest I have gotten is 33,500.Which I believe is pretty good. I haven't ask about the doc fee. But 589 is nway too high!.

If you are not in a hurry. I have read that the days around Christmas are the slowest days for car dealships.
  • pg_riderpg_rider Member Posts: 2
    Well, I called them up today to see if they were willing to bargain and they were. Their intial "can't go any lower" offer was $33k + $589 dealer fee. That was only $422 less then their first offer, and $1500 off from where I wanted to be. I told him no, but if they could split the difference and go to $32,250 + fee I'd do it. He called right back and said done, so I bought it. Not the greatest deal in the world, but not a bad deal and obviously it was good enough for me.. :) What really made me pull the trigger was getting a good amount for my trade, saving me the hassle of trying to sell it myself...
  • andywattyandywatty Member Posts: 16
    If EASY and Fantastic is your kind of buying experience, Kendall Acura in Eugene, Oregon is the place.
    I made my deal on an 08 TL Navi, with mats, locks and mud guards, over the phone, in about 10 minutes. I got the price I wanted and no hassle.
    PG was very polite, professional and to the point.
    I flew to the dealership (Eugene airport is only 10 minutes from Kendall Acura) and drove the car home, 500 miles, that afternoon.
    So good was the deal, my mom's boyfriend went back the next week and got one just like it; same price.
    The only downside (and a very minor one) beware the finance guy. I paid cash but he still tried to get me to buy a bunch of extras. After the first pitch, I politely explained he shouldn't attempt any others or "he" would blow the deal and I would walk. Everything was perfect after that.