Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• blktlblktl Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2008 TL Navigation black on black and love it! It is such a smooth ride and has the most user friendly controls on the market. I test drove dozens of cars and this cars performance and features for the money can not be matched! I purchased my vehicle from Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, Virginia. My sales person was Johnathan Welch and he was such a great young man. He answered all my questions gave me the best price up front no games. I would highly recommend this person and dealership to anyone looking to purchase a new Acura!
  • wolveseatsheepwolveseatsheep Member Posts: 41
    I wonder how much more the base 09's will be than the base 08's. I'm currently holding out to buy a new TL until the 09's come out, here's why: I figure that one of the following will be true:

(1) 09's will still offer FWD, then maybe they'll be no more than a couple grand more than the 08's. If so, then definitely it's worth waiting a few months to get the 09. I assume the 09 will have a nicer NAV and keyless entry/start, and whatever other fun state-of-the-art gizmos - I'm willing to wait and pay an extra $2k for that.

(2) 09's will have AWD standard (no FWD option), in which case I'm thinking TLs jump up $5k or so over current 08 prices. If this happens, then I'm hoping that the 08's will get quickly discounted as Gen 3 owners anxiously trade up, and I'll grab an '08 at invoice or less.

(3) 09's are much pricier (same as 2 above), but the 08's don't get discounted, and I end up paying as much for a TL 8 months from now than I would right now. This would suck, cause I'd sure rather have one right now.

What do y'all think about this theory? Which of the above 3 is most likely?
  • kennyg8kennyg8 Member Posts: 225
    1 and 3 are wrong. 2 is correct, but it defeats your whole purpose of holding out to buy the 09 TL. Expect 08 incentives to kick in around 3/08, depending on supply and demand.
  • wolveseatsheepwolveseatsheep Member Posts: 41
    My goal is to either get an '09 at something close to today's 08 prices, or a discounted 08. So 2 doesn't defeat my purposes, if it gets me an 08 for two or three grand less than what I'd pay today.
  • racerx20886racerx20886 Member Posts: 1
    Bought a 06 TL non-navi CPO (Acura Certified Pre-Owned) with 14k miles, black on tan for $26,500 out the door last night. It's immaculate inside and out. How did I do?
  • gf2020gf2020 Member Posts: 49
    What's the going rate for any remaining 2007 S-Type with manual transmission? $36K seems to be mentioned as a decent price. What about a 2008?
  • 2001xls2001xls Member Posts: 3
    2008 TL Type-S - October Deal $36k - Awsome car, did care about the number but they go fast up here in NE - literally. DSO was about 38 days. As you get into '08 there should be moeny in the deal to drive down the price. :shades:
  • punkyjunior895punkyjunior895 Member Posts: 33
    If you think that was a good price for you, if you couldn't afford more than its a good deal. I bought an 08 TL non navi with sticker of 34,375 for 31,900 out the door with taxes, title etc.

I paid $5,400 more than you but it got me a car with 18 miles on the odometer.
  • smc123smc123 Member Posts: 2
    I live in the greater Boston area and a local dealership quoted me $32,100 for a base 2008 TL, plus $210 doc fee. This does not include MA sales tax (5%). What do y'all think?
  • boston2007boston2007 Member Posts: 4
    I am in the market. What was sticker and which dealership?
    Thanks
    boston2007
  • sreddy88sreddy88 Member Posts: 4
    Howmuch you paid for 08 black and black with navi? Thanks
  • oc2020oc2020 Member Posts: 14
    Your email sounds nice and all but the truth is Cerritos has the worst customer service I have experienced. In fact, I had to leave Mike C. 3 messages before he even called me back. After that, I didn't care what price he was going to give me I knew I was not buying my car from Cerritos, but I wanted to see what he could do. I was in the market for a 2007 TL with Navi. He quoted me the invoive price around $33k and told me that would be the best price I would get anywhere. I told him I was quoted 31k and he gave me the same excuse to get the VIN# and he would be able to match the price. Well of course a dealership is not going to send you their VIN# so you can take it elsewhere and get a better deal. He was not willing to negotiate at all. I ended up purchasing my vehicle from Planet Acura and purchased it for $30,900. I negotitated the price over the web and when I walked in that was the price i bought my vehicle for. No low balling, no games. Yes I did have to negotiate a few times but they were not playing games just to get me in. In fact that price was available at other dealerships and yes I did have the quote via email. As a consumer, we are looking for haggle free shopping. I understand the sales game but I feel like your dealership takes it too far and is is just downright dirty. I would seriously consider training your staff becasue you have lost several customers because of your bait and switch tactics. Two friends of mine had poor experiences at Cerritos.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Hope everyone will stop by our Dealer Ratings & Reviews page to let the folks in your area know of your experiences - postive and negative!
  • jswu29jswu29 Member Posts: 2
    i just got a '08 TL w/ Navi (polished metal metallic) for $32,500 + tax + license/fees. The price included destination and protection package (wheel locks, splash guards, trunk tray, body-side molding). The car had 19 miles on it. I also used the 2.9% for 36 month. The salesperson at Acura of Seattle was persistent, but respectful and never pressured me. He kept me up-to-date on deals, and let me buy the car when I was ready. On the other hand, one salesperson who I encountered at Hinshaw's Acura was pretty rude; I hinted at the same price at which I ended up buying my car, and he said that I was wasting his time.
  • alsc7alsc7 Member Posts: 13
    Wow; that's a Great Deal. I've been asking for internet quotes from various dealers in So. Cal and the best price I have so far is $33,400.

Just out of curiosity any one has a better deal for a TL w/ Navi in So cal?!
  • jswu29jswu29 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP --- SALE PRICE

2008 TL PREMIUM, NO NAVIGATION: ..... $34,440.00 ..... $31,253

2008 TL WITH NAVIGATION: .................... $36,940.00 ..... $33,496

2008 TL TYPE-S WITH NAVIGATION: ....... $38,940.00 ..... $35,457
  • bmarchbmarch Member Posts: 2
    i'm in the market for a new acura and have been talking with acura of bellevue, they gave me a price quote of 34,700. sounds like i should be talking with acura of seattle. i'll be calling them tonight!
  • eastbayacuraeastbayacura Member Posts: 2
    Hello ,

I got quote for a 2008 Acura TL without NAV for 31527 . The price includes destination and wheel locks, trunk tray, and splash guards . Is this a good deal ?

Also does anyone know about how much is the tax and license fee in east bay area in california ?

Thanks ,
    east bay acura
  • smc123smc123 Member Posts: 2
    That is an excellent quote. The best price I ended up getting here on the east coast was $32,100, and no other dealer could really beat the price in this region when I asked around. Just make sure to ask them up front about any documentation/prep fees that they are going to charge you in addition to the price of the car.
  • tlmdxbuyertlmdxbuyer Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote for 08 TL without Navi $29,765 (including $715 Destination charge) and the salesman told me that there is a $2,000 incentive from Acura now. Does anybody think I still can knock $500 off this price?
  • bmarchbmarch Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at an 08 TL with navigation. I've been given a quote via email of $32,999 which includes destination charges and protection plan... Is this a good deal? and what else will I need to watch out for once I sit down with the salesperson.
    Thanks!
  • misterfinchmisterfinch Member Posts: 6
    I was quoted $33,400 for a TL w/ NAVI. I'd still have to pay for tax+lic+doc.

Any thoughts on the price quoted? Not sure if it's a steal or not. I read earlier that oc2020 got a TL w/NAVI from Planet Acura for $30,900 which i find to be a phenomenal deal.
  • misterfinchmisterfinch Member Posts: 6
    Curious is that including tax+lic+doc fees? or was that on top of the $30,900? Sounds like a great deal either way.
  • mike817mike817 Member Posts: 4
    smc123:

Was that with navigation or without?
  • squigglewormsquiggleworm Member Posts: 3
    i got a quote of $36,000 + TTL for a new 2008 Acura TLType-S with Navigation in Dallas area.

Is this a good deal or i can get a better deal out of it ??
  • leenancyleenancy Member Posts: 1
    WHAT CAN I DO?
    CERRITOS ACURA STOLE $2600 FROM ME I DON'T KNOW WHERE OR WHAT TO DO I TRY TO GET A CAR THE LOAN WAS NEVER APROVE I RETURN THE CAR THEY NEVER GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK THEY DID RELEASE ME FROM THE TITLE SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH BUT I CAN WRITE IN ENGLISH I READ BUT I JUST CAN'T WRITE.
    I NEED AT LEAST TO KNOW WHAT CAN I DO.
    HELP PLEASE
  • lockgiantslockgiants Member Posts: 29
    Hey guys! I've been wanting a TL for a while now. Here's what i found:
    2007 TL w/ Nav (blue, light interior)
    11k miles
    $31K (website quote).
    I am going to the dealer this Sat to look at it. Most likely its dealer car in excellent condition. Now I know in Oct and Nov '07 TL's w/nav were selling for $33.5-34.5K according to the posts on this board and KBB and Edmunds pricing. Edmunds says depreciaion is about $7.5K. So Im figuring this car should cost about $27K. Now i dont think i can knock the price down $4K. what can i say to get the lowest price? do you think i can get it down to $28? This is my dream car, but as they say "dont think with your heart, think with your head!" Please advise if you can!!

Thank you!
  • kennyg8kennyg8 Member Posts: 225
    A brand new 07 TL w/ nav should be around $32k now, depending on where you live. If you multiply the mileage with 30 cents per mile, you should be able to knock off about $3.3k. So, $28k sounds like a reasonable offer.
    but what can i say to the guy to bring it down to $28? are there any haggling tricks i can use?
    i got a new quote of 34k + ttl after the dealer insisted he cant go below 35,995$ + ttl for a 2008 model ......

Whats the invoice price on a 2008 Acura TL Type-S ?? Does anyone knows it its not on the edmunds site ....it gives only MSRP for a 2008 model ....
    say him that u friend got a similar deal this month for 28k ...if he is goin to get down to 28k u will buy it today itself ...he will make an offer for sure ...its year end so they will be desperate to sell u ,,,,nd i dont think 28k is much of a problem to give for them also
    I just got a quote for new 08 TL w Nav for 32,895. He told me this price is workable if im "serious" so im assuming he could bring it down to $32K even. good deal or no?
    Lock; where are you located? what dealership?
    I think thats a great price at $32K.
    sorry about the missing info. I went to Pauly Acura in Highland Park, IL. He is competing with a used 07 TL i found (see my previous post #8474. But from what he said, they are selling TL's aggressively. He also quoted me a TL w/ no nav for under $31K even though i didnt ask for it. either way, i should be making my purchase tomorrow, whether its the used 07 or the new 08.
  • spinecho1spinecho1 Member Posts: 11
    Ok, it's been three days since I start getting below invoice offers on 2008 TL, and I still don't see anything on Edmunds about current rebates or marketing support. The best offer is about 2000 below invoice+destination ... That's in California. The dealers are saying that they have manufacturer's offers, but would not tell me what the deal is. Anyone heard anything? Thanks..

(The $2500 off 2007 has probably expired or is about to expire. Some parts of So.Cal had "fire rebate" of about $500 from all kinds of manufacturers. There was also "car show" rebate recently, but I think these are probably expired by now.)
  • spinecho1spinecho1 Member Posts: 11
    I don't know about IL, but I am getting offers below 30K (destination included) for base with no Navi in Cal.
    Spine; which dealer is giving you the Base TL for under 30K?
  • eprailickeprailick Member Posts: 3
    Invoice on a Type-S is $35,832. Dealer holdback reduces the price further to $34,685. Earlier this week, I negotiated a price of $36,000 which is 3.79% over the "bottom line." Consumer Reports says 4 - 8% is what you should aim for, so I'm feeling pretty good at the moment. That said, my state imposes a sales tax of 8%, so things aren't as good as they could be. Still, I'd be interested in knowing who's gotten a similar (or even a better) deal on the TL-S.
  • 23109vc23109vc Member Posts: 218
    the economy is going down the toilet. foreclosures are at an all time high, and the house/ATM has been "shut off"..so people are no longer refi'ing their house, suck out equity and buying toys...now they are hunkering down, losing jobs, and still losing houses.

the car market is taking it in the rear. i have seen stuff sitting and sitting on lots.

the deals will continue to get better. i'd wait until the financials / economy get worse and then look for a steal of a deal.

i would bet there will be amazing deals on "toy" cars like boxsters, s2000s, and other impulse / impractical cars that people bought when they thought they were rich b/c their house appraised for 600k and they bought it for 400k, (probably via a neg am ARM, and now it's worth 350, the payment reset and they can't afford it...and the car is on the chopping block.

bottom line i bet the TL deals will get better.....just give the economy time to get worse...it's gonna be bad.
  • charles12charles12 Member Posts: 79
    To share my buying experience with your, here is my story:

I have been looking for a car for 2 months. Orignally I narrowed down to honda CR-V EX-L and Accord EX-L. about 10 days ago, I happend to notice the $2500 market supporting for 07 TL , and therefore contacted a few dealers within 300 miles to see if they still have 07 TL left. Although all of them do not have 07 TL left, a few of them are willing to give price close to 07 TL. between $29,600 to 29,900 for TL base.

I walked to local Acura dealer to see if they can match the price. I spent 1 hour in the local acura dealer. Their price from $30700 -> $30000 -> $29,700 (Final).

that is $2000 below invoice, plus I got 2.9% finance for 36 months.

Here is the price for my Red/parchment 08 TL base
    Car $29,700
    other fee $70
    tax $2598

Acura provides additional coverage up to 7 year/10000 miles for an additional fee of $1476.

Now my question to all of you is it worth to buy the additional insurance to cover another 3 years/50000 miles, since Honda/Acura cars are pretty reliable?

Your opinion is highly appreciated.

Charles
  • cndnbkncndnbkn Member Posts: 76
    If you plan on buying and not leasing or use there special finance rates you should be able to do $1500 better. Acura has $2000 dealer cash right now if you dont use their special finance rates or lease terms. I have gotten two quotes and another dealer to match $31,500 for a 08 NAV TL. Hope this helps.
    I have gotten two dealers to offer $29,500 for an 08 NON NAV TL so I would say you should be able to knock another $265 off.
    $2000 dealer cash from Acura is beeing offered if you dont use special financing or lease rates. FYI i have gotten quotes of $29,500 for NON NAV 08 TL's and $31,500 with NAV if i dont use either special.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,684
    No. Take the $1476 and invest it. When the 4 year warranty expires (and this is assuming that you still have the TL) you will have the principal and interest/dividends/capital appreciation in your possession to spend/continue to invest as you see fit. If you do need a repair, you have the money. If you don't need any major repairs, you have the money... Just MHO...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

Hey guys, just wanted to share my recent purchase so you know whats up in illinois. just got a brand new '08 w/ nav for 31,500. tax, title.... totaled for 33,450.
    I went to Muler acura in schaumburg. and they were all really nice!
  • joe9100joe9100 Member Posts: 2
    hey, lock, i went to muller's too for an 08 type s however. How long did you negotiate for your tl and who did you talk to. What was their starting price. And one more thing, how u find out about the 2,000 incentive. I got a quote of 08 type s tl for 33,500 including destination. People here, do you think i can do better thank you.

Oh and also if any one is interested, i am selling my 2000 honda accord ex-v6. red with leather, it has 69,000 miles.
    well the thing with the '08 Type S is that they are a lot more rare so there is less negotiating room. before muller i went to pauly acura in highland park, they quoted me 32,800 with the whole "we can probobally trim that down if youre serious" crap. so when we went to muller we said we want you to beat pauly's 31,900 (little bit of lying). but the lady we talked to didnt call our bluff (i forgot her name, ill find out if you really want me to) and asked how much it would take for us to buy one today. so i said 31.5 and it was done. I think the 33.5 for an S is really good. its only 2k more than my price for TL w/ nav. also theyll tell you about the incentives if you ask. but you do need to ask them! otherwise youre screwed.
  • joe9100joe9100 Member Posts: 2
    how do u like ur car, what color did u get.
    i love it! im not really big on speed or performance, not that the tl doesnt have that, but other options known for that such as the g35 or the 328i werent worth the extra 4-5 grand with all the fearures (nav), at least to me. i got carbon grey with the tope interior. my mom picked it out (im 22 so im still child in her mind). but i love it! its quiet, smooth, everything you would want from a luxury car! oh and the lady i bought it from is barb. i have her card if you want.
  • eprailickeprailick Member Posts: 3
    Enlighten me ... I've scoured all the requisite web sites - Edmonds, Consumer Reports, etc. ... all of them will say that the only incentive available from Acura at the moment is the financing (2.9%/4.9% depending on the length of the loan). Armed with that knowledge, I negotiated what I thought to be a rather good deal on a TL-S without the HPT. $36k, or 3.4% over the invoice price less dealer holdback.

Reading this site, I see that there is an alternate incentive available of cash back? Do we know if that's a regional incentive because, again, it doesn't show up on all the web sites, and I thought it was available only on 2007 close-out models. I haven't closed on my deal yet, but not surprisingly the dealer said nothing to me about he cash back. Thinking that I may need to re-think this entire deal.