Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jj84jj84 Member Posts: 5
    TL Type MSRP Invoice Internet Price*
    Base Model 34,440 31,695 28,995
    Navigation Model 36,940 34,095 31,300
    Type S 38,940 35,256 33,500
    Type S HPT 39,140 35,458 33,600
    * These prices INCLUDE destination but EXCLUDE TTL. Acura special rates are 2.9% for 36 months or 4.9% for 60 months for well qualified buyers. These prices ARE ONLY GOOD THROUGH DAVID LEACHMAN IN THE INTERNET DEPARTMENT. NO ADJUSTMENTS WILL BE MADE IF YOU DO NOT GO THROUGH THE INTERNET DEPARTMENT. Prices are to be gone January 1, 2008. You must purchase before close of business December 31, 2007 to take advantage of these offers
  • rick_in_folsomrick_in_folsom Member Posts: 6
    Changw1,

Did that price include the protection package (wheel locks, trunk tray and splash guards)?

Thanks.
  • smack518smack518 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks everyone for the information.

Pulled the trigger on a 08 TL w/Navi yesterday at Mongomeryville Acura in PA.

Price was 31,800, plus tax and $140 in registration/title fees, nothing else. Great experience, no BS, very professional.

This was after Elite Acura in Maple Shade, backed out of their offer to buy my trade in after I agreed to their price (will say the salesman was "aghast" and very apologetic, but the manager was totally unprofessional, and I will never go back there due to him). Totally worth the drive out to Mongomeryville.
  • changw1changw1 Member Posts: 15
    Just the wheel locks is free. Trunk tray I had to purchase separately but they gave me an employee discount which came to $94.
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    These are for 07 models, right?
    No that's 08 models. I really need 1 but my credit not qualified.
  • marym2marym2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Parviz, I got my information from Calvin Moore at www.acurasearch.com I paid $33,283 before TTL. Hope that helps. :shades:
    Hi Mary, thanks. I read your post. I just was surprised with the other post's low cost of $31,300 including dest. for a 2008 Navi model. Hope you are enjoying your car.
  • badassjattbadassjatt Member Posts: 3
    wow that is good price i went to the same dealership in san jose n they gave me a price of 29,995 for 08TL w/o NAVI,
    that is 32823 OTD but i got them to 32400 OTD i guess i.e. 29495 w/o taxes,with 2.9 APR,i went on the 29th too,
    changw1 if u can help me can you email me the quote or the info of the salesman , and one more question do u have to be a costco member for a while to get this discount or shud i just go and sign up for coscto and get this price .
    please help me i ll thanksful to u.
    my email is jsdoad@yahoo.com
    thanks man
  • 23109vc23109vc Member Posts: 218
    given the current incentives on the TL... i'm specifically looking at the TL-S, what other cars are in the same price range, with similar or better performance for the SAME price?

IS350 is faster, 335 is faster - but both are substantially more $$ especially if you equip them similarly to a TL-S.

i know there are people here who say they went with the G35 G37,b ut I am looking for a sedan, not a coupe, and I think the G sedans are fugly.

so for a sedan - that I can buy or lease as cheap as aTL-S... WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO CONSIDER???

i don't think there is anything that comes close. or am i missing something obvious???
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,722
    Of course there are tons of sedans at or below the price range of the TL-S. It really depends what you're looking for. But:

Caddy CTS: I think they may already be discounting them...! But, good reviews, imho much improved exterior/interior appearance. But, first year. Also rwd which may or may not matter to you. And a bit more blingy (can't believe an old man such as myself is using the word "bling") than some.

Lexus ES350: Powerful. luxurious. But soft and FWD which may or may not matter to you...

Lexus IS250: If you go rwd/MT, not horribly underpowered but probably pales in comparison to 328i.

Honda Accord V6: Well, it's an Accord.

Toyota Camry V6/Hybrid: Well, it's a Camry.

I personally think they did a nice job with the evolution of the G35. I agree it's still not as handsome as the TL, but in my mind it went from a 7 to an 8. Especially like the new G35 grille.

Also, new TL for '09. Probably debuting in later '08. Would that bother you if you bought an '08 and the '09 was a stunner (hopefully, it will be...)?

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• jpostermanjposterman Member Posts: 3
    After several months of research, I pulled the trigger yesterday on an 08 Type-S, carbon bronze, with ebony interior--love it. Final deal was $34,687 (includes destination); this included painted splash guards, winter mats, trunk tray, wheel locks, and lifetime free oil changes. Very happy so far with the car, only 30 miles on the clock so far.

Could not get either of our 2 local dealers to budge below around $500 over invoice (less the $2,000 incentive).
    Got it today Tl w/o Navi 28995 ie 31725.00 OTD
    i stopped in my dealer tonight, did a test drive.

got offered 35852 cap cost.
    they offered me 3000 on my trade

38940 MSRP
    35832 Cap cost

36m / 10k 56% residual - $21806

Fees
    298 license
    116 captax ??? wht is this?
    8.75 tire fee
    45 doc fee
    3.49 doc fee tax

with NOTHING DOWN, $513 (
    rolling the 3000 from my trade into the deal, it brings the monthly down to 423

those numbers are TOTALs - WITH tax.

my trade is a 99 volvo s70 t5 with 130k on it. it's been really wellmaintained and still runs strong, it's jsut old and full of rattles/squeeks. it's worth more than 3k to me...and on the open market i could get 4-5k. not sure if i'll sell it myself and try to pocket an extra grand or two, or just say forget about it and just let them have it for 3k.

the salesguy tried to tell me the lease deal ended today, but i reminded him the deal runs through tomorrow.

part of me wonders if the deal will be extended OR get better later in the month.

anyone?
    i think deal goin to stop for couple of months now until april when they are going to start clearing their stock for new awesome 09 model which is going to be some prototype of the prototype.
    Congratulations.
    Where did you get it from? That seems like more than $2000 (dealer cash back) below invoice. Any idea why? Thanks.
  • mchalmersmchalmers Member Posts: 30
    Anyone know what to expect for incentives now that the Jan 2nd date has passed? Do I need to wait until the spring for a new incentive?

I appreciate any feedback.

Matthew
    i passed on the deal they offered.

maybe i'll regret it, but i think the deals will get better.

use common sense. do you think it's harder for them to sell TL's NOW, or in 6 months when a new SH-AWD TL is sitting right next to it???

when the 09s hit the lot the 08s will drop even more and the deals will be that much better. i say waiting is a good thing, if you have the luxury of being able to wait.
  • bill1000bill1000 Member Posts: 38
    The $2000 incentive on TLs has been continued. The financing deal is gone though.
  • alsc7alsc7 Member Posts: 13
    Looking at Acura site, the Lease seems to be the same as well.
  • spinecho1spinecho1 Member Posts: 11
    I've been patiently sitting on some offers in the last few weeks - it seems that even though I can not find any "official" below invoice deals on 08 TLs, I personally and many posters on this forum got about 2K below invoice offers from various dealers. Anyone has the "in" on what's up. Edmunds, Acura website has nothing about 2K off on 08s.
    after walking out of the dealer and not closing a deal, I got a call from them the following day.

the salesguy I was dealing with said he would try to knock another $1000 off the sale price. they were already AT invoice, and I was goin to lease....so not sure how they will do that unless they dip into dealer cash...

i have not heard back from they saying they woul do it... we'll see.
    I am totally guessing of course, but on 30-35K cars, I am pretty sure they have more than a 1000 to play with. They always make some money - even if it is the 50 bucks for filling out your registration forms. Apparently, if you fill out their feedback with "excellent" - it is somehow worth about 200 bucks for them - something to do with the dealer getting a "better standing" with the manufacturer. 07s were going 3-4K below invoice (Acura offer was 2000 off, and they had some sort of 500 x 2 going on + dealer discounts) - that's from an internet sales person mouth about a month ago. Too bad for me they did not have any 07s left when I went...
    so we just wait for 09s to come out and the 08s will be 3-4k or MORE under invoice.

right now they are leasing AT invoice. saving another 4k would be nice. i can wait.
    The 2K is manufacturer to dealer incentive. One dealer specifically called me yesterday to tell me the cash incentive carried over into January (I assume it is still $2k since their price quote did not change). Not sure why Edmunds does not report it on their site. I have several quotes from dealers for a 2008 TL w/o nav for around $29,900 plus TTL. To be exact, I have a quote for $29,850, $29,900 and $29,999. It's like they are all using the same margin to give a price. I'm not sure how much any of them will go lower. Has anyone gotten a lower quote?
  • cndnbkncndnbkn Member Posts: 76
    Bill1000,
    In the midde of last month was getting quots o $29,500 for a purchase price from 3 dealers. i ended up leasing so paid $31,500 as you cant use the $2,000 dealer cash with the lease. Best of luck to you. The car is great and you will enjoy it.
  • lewplewp Member Posts: 7
    I assume all these numbers include destination and other (non-TTL) fees. Given that, what I've seen is solidly in the same ballpark. My lowest OTD price was $30,700, which, at 3.2% tax rate here in VA, comes in around $29,700.

That was a just-prior-to-new-year offer. Has anyone who decided to wait, like me, seen their pre-new-year offers rescinded?

I assume the prices will continue to be good, and they may get a little better. Bottom line, I think, is that if you like the '08 there's no reason to wait, but also no reason to rush. Only real reason to wait is to see the '09. Will it come, or will we see it, in the first half of '08? Not sure I want to wait longer than that.
    29499 08TL no navi - 3-4 weeks ago (destination included in the quote), so 29499 + taxes and license out the door.
  • jeffo0ljeffo0l Member Posts: 1
    $35,600 OTD with the 2.9% financing

Im very happy with the car so far.
  • ideadirectideadirect Member Posts: 5
    I'll be going in for a test drive tomorrow in Boulder, CO. I got a quote from a dealer for:
    TL Base = 30,384 + tax
    TL-S = 35,884

The cars direct price for both these are:
    TL Base = 30,805
    TL-S = 34,932.

The TMV price is:
    TL Base = 29,934
    TL-S = 34,420

The dealer price includes $389 Dealer Handling and subtracts out the $2000 dealer incentive.

The quote for the TL price from the dealer seems fair but I'm a bit disappointed in the TL-S quote. Looks like they want to move more base TL. The dealer seemed fair so I'm not really interested in shopping dealers and the time involved since the quote seems reasonable.

I also hope they are reasonable with my trade-in (BMW 325xi). I think a fair value is the trade-in value from KBB or NADA.

I am 99% sold on the Acura but am also considering a Lexus IS250 AWD, Subaru Legacy 3.0R, Camry Hybrid. I commute from Fort Collins, CO to Cheyenne which is about 60 miles each way and the winter weather (snow, ice, very windy) is pretty treacherous which is why the preference for AWD. I want a super reliable car that I can put 35K miles on each year that is safe in winter but also fun to drive. I'm leaning towards the Acura because of the incentives and the great deal. I could wait for the 2009 with SH-AWD but I would probably be paying $4000 more (close to MSRP for new model). My BMW xi is superb and amazing in winter especially with snow tires. I would keep it but with my new job and commute, I worry about putting so many miles on this car over the next 3-5 years.

Tough decision... We'll see what the dealer says tomorrow.
    I went to Gillman Acura and they give me the internet price $34,250 for TL type-S. This is a thousand more than holiday sale which end 3 days ago (33,195 for TLS w/o HPT) :blush:
    Mention to the previous page, is the deal incentive still alive? The sale told me that is about the low APR promotion and not the $2000 below invoice :mad: . Should I shop at another dealers for better price? Is it worth to wait till '09 model come out? :lemon:
  • charles12charles12 Member Posts: 79
    OTD? Do you know how to do simple math to separate the TAX fromthe buying price?

Tax in NY and CA is more than 8%, some state is 3%,and some states have no tax.

If you do not know how to do simple math,use a calculate (before posting any information here - waste others time to look your message,thought only for 2 seconds)
    Thanks for the info on recent quotes. I'll see if I can get a few hundred more off this week and finalize a deal. For under $30k, a base TL w/o nav is hard to beat. I'm not sure what other cars would even compare at that price point....
    what are the residuals on a TL Type S in jan 2008?
  • superdavidsuperdavid Member Posts: 24
    I was looking for a decent car for my wife, and I liked the TL.
    But I didn't want to spend $34K for a new 08 TL. So I went to my local dealer (Brooklyn) and found a 05 TL w/Nav Acura certified used car. The asking price was $26495 and we agreed down to $24500. Plus I am trading my old Accord EX 95 for $3500.
    I checked Kelly Blue Book and I thought I had a good deal, according to Kelly the TL would retail for $28K and the Accord 95 (w/77K mi) would trade in for $3350.
    Am I getting a good deal?? Seems like you folks get better deals according all these posts. :(
    Plus I am getting charged for $149 to transfer my registration to the TL 05.
    It has been too long since I bought a car, so any feedback will be appreciated.
  • westiethewillywestiethewilly Member Posts: 32
    I just agree on a TL-S. $ 34,800 with all seasons mats and trunk tray. Retail on the mats was $ 241.00 Also, free oil/filter change for life at dealer's service dept.

The only way the car can be brought under invoice is the $ 2k incentive. With it, the dealer is making a small profit. They are not in business to loss money.
  • charles12charles12 Member Posts: 79
    The TL 07 AND 08 are totally different from 06 and before (outside - expecially for dark colors the 07 and 08 lookes great, and inside leather quality - the 06 ones has the leather like those in honda cars - go and check it for yourself). $24500 is too expensive compared to a new 08 at $29000 to 29700 with 2.9% financing. If I were you I will buy a base 08 since it has hand free link (good enough for NY state). For long trip, a $150 GPS will do the same job.

I walked away from a 06 TL a few years ago due to the quaility of the interior, but come back get a 08 TL.
  • fbchicfbchic Member Posts: 1
    Picking up our base TL in Carbon Bronze Pearl here in Connecticut tomorrow. We're paying $30,411 + taxes. This price includes color-keyed splash guards, wheel locks and the destination fee. The TMV price is $31,765 (without the guards and locks), so I think we made out pretty well. Can't wait to drive it off the lot tomorrow!
  • kkumar1kkumar1 Member Posts: 10
    I paid $30,800 + Tax and fees for TL with Navigation in California (Stevens Creek Acura). I bought this on Dec 24, 2007. I also got 2.9% APR. I believe I got a good price
    That must have been a 2007 model. Otherwise, has anyone else got such a deal on an '08? If that were a 2008 model, can you tell me how you were able to get over $1200 below invoice And the $2000 cash incentive? I wonder how the dealer made any money with that sale.
    It is 08 Model, Lowest internet quote I got was for $31,248 and I could take another 450 from that price. I did not know that there was $2000 discount at that time and I was aware of only 2.9% APR. I though the reason for hefty discount was due to 09 model coming in summer of 08.
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Congrats on your new car purchase.
    If you dont mind can you please find out for us how much is the Type S at your dealership.
    Also how were you able to take another $450 off from the purchase price, was it a coupon from the dealer?
    Thanks in advance.
    I got quote for Typs S at $35,082 + Tax and fees and I believe this is $1000 below the invoice. I think you can negotiate little bit from the quoted price. $450 off is just during the negotiation, My test drive, negotiation and close of deal completed in 3 hours . There was no coupon
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Thanks KKumar1,
    Does anybody know when they'll bring back the financing deals like 2.9% or equivalent.
    Thankyou
    invoice is 35700 or so.
    so you got about 700 under invoice.

was this to BUY or LEASE???

if you got that offer to BUY you should have got another 1300 off. there is a $2000 incentive on PURCHASES....so they would have sold it to you for 35700 MINUS the $2000 incentive. at least I think they would if you pushed harder.

for a lease you can't get under invoice as far as I know b/c the MF is so low.

there are plenty of people posting quotes in the high 33k range for buying a TL-S.

if they give you BS about it being a new year and those "deals" were for the end of the year, tell them to STFU. I'd politely say well then you must have a line out the door of people wanting to buy the car at this price so let me leave so you can sell it to them at this high price you want. HA! then walk out. watch them crawl after you

PEOPLE - do you watch the news at nigth and hear financial commentators use the R word...????????? a recession is looming and people are NOT out buying cars and boats and other toys like they were. sales are DOWN and the dealers are hurting.

if you have the $$ to buy it is a byers market.
    My understanding is that he did not get the S model. He got the TL Navi for about $3200 below invoice which prompted my original question as how he had managed to get that much under invoice which is $1200 more than the $2000 dealer cash incentive.
  • skinnytonyskinnytony Member Posts: 121
    kkumar, was there a trade or anything else involved in this deal? Does your price include destination? That price is just too low. The dealer would lose money on that deal and car dealers aren't in the business of selling cars at a loss. The invoice on that vehicle is $33,998, which means after the $2,000 incentive it was $1,198 under invoice.
  • romo_007romo_007 Member Posts: 17
    I am also in the market for a TL with Nav. Got a quote for $2700 under invoice from the dealer. The invoice price as per the guy I talked to over the phone was $34248. That would put the price to be $31548 which includes the destination charge.

The price that Kkumar got might be without the destination charge of $715. 31548- 715 = $30833. When i asked if he could do better, he said make an offer and we will see.
  • cndnbkncndnbkn Member Posts: 76
    There is a thing called Holdback, 3% on Acura if they sell the car within 90 days on the lot. It sounds that he dug into the holdback almost taking it away entirely. There also are volume dealers that move more vehicles and so are willing to make less plus i beleive the manufacturers also cut them a break on cost as well. Just my 2 cents..
    $30,800 includes destination charge of $715. Initial quote I got was for $31,248 and I negotiated from that price. They might have lowered the price because of year end as I purchased it on Dec,24.

FYI, TL I bought was not even cleaned at that time, sales guy had to remove all covering before delivering it to me and I had to go another day to get a detailed cleaning.

Here is what I paid

Base price $30,800
    Doc Fee $55.00
    Sales tax $2,545.00
    Optional DMV Electronic Filing fee $28.00
    Registration,License fee $273