Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hl08809hl08809 Member Posts: 5
    Hi all - I just ordered a carbon bronze 2008 TL-S automatic after getting quotes from 5 dealers. I wanted a 6 speed but there are none to be had in carbon bronze or silver, only in black and white, neither of which I wanted. Took the lowest quote to my local dealer and they met the price, $33,175 which includes destination. Registration is est. at $234 and the ridiculous documentary fee is $298. They wouldn't give me the .9% interest rate deal since I got the $2500 manufacturers rebate. There wasn't much room for haggling but I think I got a decent deal. If you're thinking of buying a TL-S now is the time as inventory in my area is starting to get low. I will be trading a 2001 Audi A6 2.7T, my third Audi. I loved the Audi but maintenance was very high. I'm hoping the maintenance on the Acura will be more reasonable. Thanks
  • mark196mark196 Member Posts: 10
    hl08809 - can you let me know where in NJ you got this deal? I'm looking at the exact same car (will also buy an MDX at the same time) and your price is about $500 lower than my best offer thus far.

Also, did you still finance or pay cash? If finance, what rate did they provide when you took the rebate?

Thanks!
  • cubs1908cubs1908 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all for answering my question. Thanks for taking the time to help clarify things.
    Mark196 - I got all my quotes via email from the dealers internet departments - very easy and didn't have to trek all over NJ. The best price was from Ramsey Acura but my local dealer in Bridgewater met the price. Their original quote was about $1000 higher. I also got quotes from Clinton & Springfield at about $33,600 which included destination.

Since I don't qualify for the .9% finance because of the $2500 dealer incentive, I will be paying cash.
  • bobbby786bobbby786 Member Posts: 7
    Well this was a Cash Price and i took the $2500 Dealer Cash and Honda financing was asking me to put down $13,000...ridiculous.....

Anyways..I think end of the month is the best time...i think....
    Hey man,
    I got mine from Springfield and i think if u didn't order it yet u might wanna go and talk to them as they can do better than the internet quote....so if you want go in and talk to them......i think u can do 32.5K if you trying for the $2500 cashback.....Good Luck
  • jonnhyujonnhyu Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote in San Diego/Temecula for 33700 on TL TypeS HPT plus documentation and fees. They are also willing to add in trunk try splash guard and all season floor mats. Is this a good deal or what????

Acura Escondido is giving me 33500 on type s.

thanks guys!!
    Thanks for the info on Springfield Acura. I did go there but part of my deal was a trade and their offer wasn't too good. Bridgewater gave me the best overall deal. If you paid only 32.5K and that price included destination you did great. that's a really good price. I pick mine up later this week.
    Ohh ok....well thts gr8...i love driving mine and i am sure u will love urs as well...well..enjoy
  • mark196mark196 Member Posts: 10
    Effectively agreed to terms on TL Type-S (Carbon Bronze with Ebony) for $33,212 (not included tax, tags, etc.).

Also, getting 4.64% financing.

Seems to be about as good as I can do and with the financing seems like a good deal. Any thoughts?
    Mark96 - I did a lot of shopping in NJ too and $33,212 for a carbon bronze with ebony is a good deal - go for it! I couldn't decide between carbon bronze & silver but I'm going with silver. I pick it up tomorrow (Thurssday).
  • billchkbillchk Member Posts: 1
    you are correct that the car dealers use a different scoring module---they took your credit score and plugged it into an ADP car dealer module----which by the way has a different numerical scoring range than experian--- you are familiar with credit scoring ranging from 350 to 850 , approx--from one of the big three---the the dealer lies to you ant tells you that your adp/experien score is 680 and tells you that is your experien score you feel it is low----but actually it is not so low-----it is a sales gimmick to make you think that if you got up and went to your bank you would get a bad rate also---when this guy told you that the adp score was you experian score he in effect coerced and intimidated you into taking his product-----interfering with your equal oppurtunity to credit is a rights violation under federal law---your seking credit is an entittlement--almost a right--just that there are requirements ---rights no requirements needed-----so---for the purpose of arguement he deprived you of a right, when he misrepresented you ADP/credit score as something other--coercing you to take what he was offering becasue we all know a goo experien score is 780 or above------also----if he upsold you----meaning that to get a lower rate you must buy an extended warranty or something similar added to the purchase---he broke the law--actually an etched in stone federal violation---the rate and credit itself must be based on risk-----

you have three years to file in the federal court for rights and entittlements violation----
  • bhag117bhag117 Member Posts: 2
    The lowest internet quote I got from a local dealer (Chicago) is $28,800 (with destination). When I went in to the check the car with a promise of a "good deal" I was told the price was 29,100 and when I insisted I have the 28,800 quote in my email, they said they would honor the old quote for courtesy sake..(apparently the internet rate bumped by 300 the day I went in..very conveniently)...I asked them to work with the old quote and give me their best price, to which they refused and I walked out..the manager said he is aware his price is the lowest which is partly true as I have a couple of other quotes in the same ballpark...

I have another dealer who asked me to bring in my lowest quote and he wud give me 5% of the discount price after matching the lowest quote..I have no idea what that means but I am assuming he is talking abt 5% off the $2500 cash back....

Can someone advise what I shud do? Appreciate ur inputs..

Thanks,
    bhag.
  • ktatektate Member Posts: 7
    bhag,

For what it's worth, I've been in communication with several N. California Acura dealers for the past few weeks now. The lowest quote I've received was from the Acura of Pleasanton dealership at $29,300. (Base w/o Nav. and before TTL.) But late-last month, they called and left a message indicating they'd go lower–by how much, I don't know.

I'm still shopping, though. Yesterday, an '07 Type S with 15K miles closed on eBay for $27,100 so I'm being patient and weighing my options. Plus, I'm curious to see what kind of deals the manufacturer will put out on July 1.

Good luck with your purchase.

Kevin
    Modesto, CA
  • bhag117bhag117 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Kevin - Thanks for ur reply. Yes, it would be interesting to see the July special, especially with the 09 coming this fall. But I honesty don't t think its going to change a lot. Also, going by the prices some people have reported here..someone even had 27,500, I am surprised by the quotes we seem to be getting. Maybe it depends a lot on the area...

Bhag!
  • vbn526vbn526 Member Posts: 6
    When I purchased my car, I based the price on carsdirect & what dealers were offering in Orange County(more dealers, more competition, lower prices). Carsdirect is saying that the San Diego/Temecula price for a TL-S is 32,857 and Orange County's price should be around 32,557. However, if you ask the Orange County dealers to give you a quote directly, the price may be even lower. Then take those prices to your local dealer and ask to either meet or beat the price. You'll save about a grand. Either that or accept the offer you were given if you feel its not worth the hassle.
  • jonnhyujonnhyu Member Posts: 3
    vbn526

thanks for the reply. I finally bite the bullet and got the type s in temecula for 33332. San Diego was quoting higher and they are not willing to get lower. their excuses where type s in san diego is rare. i thought it was full of you know what.

anyway, no regrets and we got the car with 3miles on it and the whole process was pretty smoth. san diego dealers was a bunch of stuck up "you need my car, I don't need your business son of a crap.

I am happy w/ the dealing in temecula and probably will go with them again in the future.
  • vbn526vbn526 Member Posts: 6
    I'm glad to hear you settled. It really depends on the sales men's mood when it comes to them selling a car & their personal bias. Some are easy to deal with and others are a pain in the behind! As for me, Escondido took my lowest quote from OC but Temecula refused. In the end, we all ended up with the car. Congrats & enjoy the ridee :)
  • rtongrtong Member Posts: 4
    Hope this helps everyone! I purchased a TL-S in Blue Pearl at McDavid Acura today for $34,594 plus ttl with the .9% financing.

Don't go to Goodson Acura. They claim to have a "LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE - What does that mean to you? If you have a legitimate price from another Acura dealer in Texas we will beat it by $500. No gimmicks or tricks, just $500 lower price than the other Acura dealer. Period!" It was an absolutely LIE. They said they would make it worth our effort to come in, we came in with a legitimate offer and they gave us an even worse offer. We came in with an offer in writing for $37k drive out and they offered us $37.5 drive out. They thought we were idoits and tried to convince us that DRIVE OUT price does not include destination and other fees. They were not only dishonest but the attitude was horrible. It was like our business wasn't good enough for them.

Mac Churchill was bad too. Their internet sales guy replies with rude snide remarks.

Good luck everyone!
  • spiffy_dudespiffy_dude Member Posts: 12
    I am trying to negotiate price for 2008 TL w/ Nav. I have to say that the Acura dealers/salespersons have some attitude problems. Our other car is a LandRover LR3 and those guys were much, much more friendlier and nice to talk to (we bought in 2005) and were genuinely interested in our business.
    The sunnyvale Acura internet guy doesn't even bother to call for follow up - we went to dealership on friday, he wasn't there.. met somebody else who said that he would call.. it's monday. Same with Anderson Acura:: no replies to emails etc.
    AutoWest Acura salesman seems to be more content making snide remarks and putting down Ford then to actually sell his vehicle..
    Is the car worth all the hassle ?? Considering the current automotive market, one would assume that they would be tad friendlier..
    Can somebody recommend a decent dealer in NorCal ?
  • acura7acura7 Member Posts: 9
    What would be the best price OTD (out the door) with all fees and sales tax for a 2008 TL-S in South Florida???
  • zach10zach10 Member Posts: 6
    I got Acura TL w/Navi OTD $32,683 in Maryland (6% tax) early June.
  • acurabuyer1acurabuyer1 Member Posts: 45
    I have been wondering the same. I have had one response from Steven's creek Acura dealer (<less than 29k) but after reading the reviews about bay area acura dealers at other websites, I am debating whether it is worth looking for a TL or some other car. It may not be worth the hassle.

Most of the reviews that i have read mentioned that none of these car salesmen are present or just don't show up. I spoke to couple of friends and they seem to complain quite a bit about poor service after the sale.
  • wyngatorwyngator Member Posts: 29
    That is a very good deal. I have recieved prices from two Acura Dealerships here in Central Florida. The best price I have recieved is a 2008 TL with Navigation for $ 31,450 that does not include taxes, tag and title. But, they did offer free oil changes and tire rotations for 3 years or 36,000 miles. They seem very nice at both dealerships. Unfortuantely, this one is a bit further to drive to (extra 20 miles) but the best the other could offer me was $ 32,598 with no free services thrown into the deal.

Since I liked both dealerships equally ..... I am going to the one who offered me the better price. It is over a $1200 savings when you figure difference in car price alone (I'm included additional taxes I'd have to pay).

I am in Orlando Florida and we only have two Acura dealerships that I know of ....

...Laurie :shades:
  • prelude1997prelude1997 Member Posts: 26
    Zach10, can you please email me the sales person's name and the details? I'm in Olney. What's the price of the car and were there any additional fees?

Thanks much.

prelude1997@hotmail.com
  • jtsaint72jtsaint72 Member Posts: 9
    You may want to do some research into "Fair Isaacs Scoring" There are multiple factors that can determine a score. If you ran your credit at a Century 21, an Acura dealer, and Best Buy with Experian you'd probably have 3 different scores. See cars and TV's move and are harder to repo plus they depriciate so there is a greater risk to the lender. Houses don't move and appreciate. That means less risk. There's a pretty good chance nobody got their rights violated on that transaction and it certianly wasn't a gimick and I'm pretty confident the dealer didn't lie in this case. Just because there's a salesman involved does not mean that a buyer is automatically getting hussled. Most car loans now a days are simple interest loans with no pre payment penalty so if you can secure a better loan from your bank or credit union, go for it!
  • malibu0212malibu0212 Member Posts: 16
    Just bought a silver TL base for $30600 OTD. The price+destination is $28560, the rest is TTL + misc.

I am extremely happy with today's experience - no haggling at all, takes a few minutes for the salesman to give me the itemnized prices, then 10 minutes for the paperwork. The salesman said he'll delivered it on Monday since there are a few things to be done.

B4 I went to the Champion's, I asked the quote of 2008 Lexus ES350 at Clear Lake Lexus. I mentioned that people getting around 34k OTD, the salesman said it is impossible for them to offer the price... The invoice for the all the entry level luxuries are similar, how come Lexus dealers are so hard to deal with?
  • siusidesiuside Member Posts: 7
    Paid $32587 OTD for a TL with Navi today from Courtesy Acura in Littleton,CO. Did take some haggling but i expected it. Great salesperson, and overall not too bad an experience. F&I paperwork was smooth and the guy threw a positive surprise too!

They also promised $1100 in coupons towards services and maintenance(coupons do not expire and sent in mail). i am not sure if this is being offered across the country and if it is really a good offer from the dealership.
    This might be a silly question, but when one says OTD (out the door) does that include sales tax along with the other fees? I had a dealership give me a price of
    $ 31,450 for the TL plus Navi. But, the tax on that alone comes to $ 1950 so right there I am over $ 33,000. That is not even including tag, title and other fees which amount to another $ 800.

• sfgman63sfgman63 Member Posts: 3
    I bought a TL TypeS back in February from Hopkins Acura in Redwood City for $33,200 (included dest. fee). The internet sales guy at Stevens Creek was a joke. I emailed them 3 times and they never responded. The internet guy at Sunnyvale was pretty cool but he wouldn't go lower than Hopkins and this was true for Los Gatos Acura too.

If you're still in the market for a TL talk to the guys at Hopkins. Plus, they take you on a cool test drive up in hills off of Farm Hill and 280.
  • siusidesiuside Member Posts: 7
    That is true Laurie. OTD includes any and all taxes+fees.
    Sfgman63,

I've had similar troubles with some dealers when emailing them. It's as though they don't check their email or don't know how to check it. Within the last week, I sent two emails to Autobahn Gallery (used dealer in San Jose area) regarding an 07 Type-S but never got a response. I ended up buying one through a private party (07 Type-S w/ 19K for $28,000). I feel like a got a good deal--not a steal--but a good deal.

Good luck everyone.
  • skeptic5skeptic5 Member Posts: 12
    The internet sales guy at a dealer says the $2500 incentive ends July 7. Can anybody confirm that?
    Thanks for the info. That explains quite a bit of why there is deviation on that OTD price. Taxes vary from place to place. Actually here in Florida our sales tax paid is based on the county in which you live. So, an extra 1% on taxes can account for an extra $ 300.

How does Trade in value factor into the OTD prices here? Doesn't anyone trade in their car anymore? Also, what about the Edmunds TMV amount ... does that figure in the dealer incentives like cash back to the dealership or would that amount be on top off the derived TMV?
  • williamdean3williamdean3 Member Posts: 14
    I too have been trying to lease a TL although with NAV from Goodson and Mac Churchill back in May I was just wondering what kind of deal you got so I could see what was available36month I was looking for 15k miles a year by the way thank you again...
  • mauler12mauler12 Member Posts: 6
    I got an offer for 30,400 for a 2008 TL w/ Navi before TTL (including dest). What do you guys think about this deal? I saw that someone got one from the Torrance,CA dealership for 29,770, so I'm thinking of waiting a bit longer. Thanks for your help.
  • nmsgnmsg Member Posts: 39
    Send me an email and I will tell you how I got my TL a few months ago. I also live in Florida.
  • nami3nami3 Member Posts: 2
    Can u please tell me which city was the dealership located in?

I am trying to buy a 2008 TSX but was not able to find the color i need so i think instead of going for a 2009 TSX i can buy a 2008 TL which is really great. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
  • newbmrnewbmr Member Posts: 26
    Hi,

I am trying to buy a new 2008 TL without Navi this weekend. I have received several quotes for Base TL without Navi for $28,530 + Tax and DMV fees. [ I am in the San Francisco Bay Area.]

I am interested in getting 0.9% Acura financing. The quote with the financing is $30,531 (+ Tax and DMV fees). I need your assistance, Is this a good deal? Could I negotiate the price lower than $30k for the car with financing?? Also, would opting for Base TL with Navi make it better in terms of benefiting from low price promotion and still get financing? Please help.

Kyfdx and others: You helped me when I bought my X3 some years ago, and I need your valuable guidance again.

Looking forward to seeing your responses.

Many thanks and a Happy Fourth!
  • creativecatcreativecat Member Posts: 2
    Sent out email for internet quotes for the three Acura dealerships in my area (midwest) for a base 2008 TL with navigation, here are the replies.

First dealership: "we don't do this by email, please call or come on in!"

Second dealership: "32, 554, or if you want the good financing (0.9%) then it would be 2000 more."

Third dealership : "Here's the MSRP on the TL without navi, with navi and the TL-s type."

Rhetorical questions for the board. Why establish a relationship with a potential customer in this manner? If you aren't going to even acknowledge what I'm looking for, or turn aside genuine requests, how can you ever hope to get past first base with me? Why send just MSRP's to somebody who obvioiusly can use the tools of the internet? And third, why on earth should a crap quote like dealer 2, somehow be 2000 more for good financing? That's an independent factor, in my way of thinking, for the car price and has nothing to do with establishing the price I"m going to pay for it. I never tipped buy/lease, or credit, or anything else.

Bottom line: I'm ditching Acura, and going for a different car. Times like these favor the patient buyers. Hope these dealers enjoy sitting on their inventory a little while longer.
    newbmr,

That seems like a really good price on the Base w/o Nav. I was after quotes from Bay Area and Central Valley dealers and the lowest I received was about $29,300 (Acura of Pleasanton). Of course this was a cash price without the 0.9% financing. (I was planning on bringing a check from my credit union.) If you're after the Honda financing, then I understand that you can't have the $2,500 off MSRP. Accordingly, your quote of $28,530 should increase to $31,030, but you're saying they're willing to give it to you for $30,531 w/ 0.9% financing? That's not bad!

For what it's worth: I ended up buying a used '07 Type-S with 20K for $28,000 through a private party. (Financed through my credit union at 5.85%.) It's a great car, by the way!

Good luck.
  • kjdsiderkjdsider Member Posts: 7
    aim for 28k before ttl for this car. 30k with the financing. That should be the highest you look for. If you do a little more haggling I'd pitting dealers against each other, you might be able to get a few hundred.
  • newbmrnewbmr Member Posts: 26
    ktate and kjdsider:

Thanks for your replies. After few emails back and forth I got a deal: $29,500 (+tax & License) with 0.9% Acura financing for a Base TL without Nav. Just brought home a shiny silver metallic TL.

I hope this is a good deal.

newbmr
  • gtpirate1gtpirate1 Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted $35,000 in the Palm Beach County area. Anyone think this price is fair??? ANy suggesstions. This was for a new 2008 Acura TL with the Navi
    Thanks
    -GT-
    I live in Florida and just bought a TL with Navi last week. I got internet offers from two different dealerships and they were very competitive (less than $ 500 apart in pricing). Both offers were for less than $32,000 so you might be able to do a little bit better if you shop around. Did you try pricing it out here on the Edmunds site? Then, you can submit from their for bids in your area.

• jbcfojbcfo Member Posts: 1
    newbmr,

Hope you are enjoying the TL. I had your deal on the phone, but the dealership tried to reneg on the pricing when I got there. :mad:

Oh well, they lost their deal. Acura probably lost a customer as well. I know the dealership chain has. I left Saturday after they low balled my trade and quoted $33+.

Good luck!
  • polishedmetalpolishedmetal Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased an '08 TL w/Nav in MA, OTD was $33K. I think I could have squeezed another $500 out of them, but they were pretty generous on my trade-in so it made up for it.

Going to pick it up in a couple hours...
  • traindrivertraindriver Member Posts: 328
    For anyone near New York State, there is a dealer advertising on Ebay any 08 TL (non Navi, I assume) for $29,205 buy it now.

DCH Heart Acura; Wappingers Falls , NY

I don't know a thing about them; I live in SC.
  • gtpirate1gtpirate1 Member Posts: 3
    .. No I didnt try the this site, So I did and found that i got a binch of e-mails fom 4 local dealers, all telling me to call them and speak to their internet rep. Befoer doing this I visited one other dealtership and semmed to get a price rance around $33700 For the 2008 Acura TL type S with Navi. This seems to be the going trend at about 3 diffrent dealership (this price does exclude their special fianncicng)...
    Any suggestions out there.... Any other South Florida prices seen??????