Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• loukinglouking Member Posts: 28
    Hello,

New to forum. Can you elaborate on what OTD means. I'm also looking. Was yours the base or Tyoe S?

Thanks
  • 2008stype2008stype Member Posts: 41
    I priced St Louis and also Rizza in Chicago and got a much better deal at Rizza. They have a good internet sales group give them an inquiry about price. I got an S when the manufactures support was $2500 (got it all plus). As it is now $3500 go for it as the choices maybe limited. I don't care for the 09 as it is much bigger and gets less MPG.

Jeff
  • julio2815julio2815 Member Posts: 4
    All,

Two items: one, I'd like to echo previous comments on how people are posting info to this forum, and then two, I'll tell you about the deal that I just made.

First off, please read Post #9567 above. I really get the feeling that nobody here is really using this as a tool...everyone just wants to get on and spout off their two cents without reading what's already been posted. This is really a waste of time for everyone involved.

For example, Post #9568 doesn't even tell us what type of car it is! How can we tell you if it's a good deal or not if we don't know what you're buying? Based on MSRP, I'd have to surmise that it's a TL w/ Navi, but it would help everyone to know all the details of a particular transaction.

If we all take a little more time to read before we post, we can probably avoid the standard "Is this a good deal" question where no one provides any details. Also, with a little bit of legwork on our own outside of this forum, each of us should be able to come to some decent conclusions about prices.

Second...

If anyone has made it this far in my post, I will report to that I've recently closed on a deal for a TL Type-S (black/black) for $33,500. This purchase price included delivery fees, a clear bra, wheel locks, mud (splash) guards, trunk tray, and all-weather mats. It did NOT include dealer handling fees (a disappointingly high $589) or TTL. Since taxes vary from state-to-state and city-to-city, all I'll say is that it's 3% here in NM. I did not take the 0.9% financing offer...I opted for as much of the cash back as I could get (which was awful close to the $3500). A local credit union in Colorado Springs had a 4.9% financing offer which I took them up on.

After much research, I came to the personal conclusion that I would not come across a better deal (a) at this time, and (b) in my part of the country. Please read my Post #9549 for more information on why I came to this conclusion. My hunches were basically correct, as I essentially got the car for $32,700 + destination charges (I had predicted that I could go as low as $32,200, but I got some extras (listed previously) on top of that). If one wanted to wait a few more weeks (I'm thinking into Oct), the incentives should change, and you can probably get a better deal. Also, if you're in a densely populated area with multiple dealerships, this will probably help a bit as well.

I will also say that I had a very good experience dealing with Justin at Pikes Peak Acura. If you're in NM, it may be worth your time to call him.
  • zxttfanzxttfan Member Posts: 8
    Louking:

I purchased an '08 w/Navi here in St. Louis from Mungenast in West County for $31,800 about a month ago. The price included splash guards, trunk mat, 4 floor mats, and 8 free oil changes. I took the $2,500 rebate and not the financing deal, as we got 4.9% through Honda financial. Taxes were paid this week which came to $1,852 with title and license included (we had a sales tax credit from a totaled vehicle). All-in was $33,652. I checked prices with Leta in South County as well as dealers in Chicago, Kansas City, and Virginia. The prices out of St. Louis were a little lower but by the time you figured in travel costs and time, it wasn't worth it in my opinion.
    Thanks for your help. One question was it $31,800 then minus the $2500 or does the$31800 alrady reduced by the rebate ?

Thanks for the assist
  • aznboyaznboy Member Posts: 9
    OTD= out the door. I purchased the TL w/ Navi yesterday. Price of $30,000 before TTL. OTD price was 32,700. NY has 8.625% tax.
  • zxttfanzxttfan Member Posts: 8
    Louking:

The $31,800 included the $2,500 rebate and all the dealer fees.
  • srvivor87srvivor87 Member Posts: 9
    I'm thinking about having my 01' 3.2TL with Navigation system windows tinted, can someone please help me.

1. I've read that if you use the "Metallic" type film it can interfere with the nav system accuracy. True?

2. Will tinting the back window interfere with my radio reception?(when I tinted my 99' Galant back window the reception totally went dead)

Thanks!
  • scojayscojay Member Posts: 8
    Just bought base TL (no- nav) with trunk tray, net, splash guards and mats.
    $27,801 TL
    $95 Doc fees
    $881 Tax
    $20 Lic

Live in Richmond VA, purchased in S. Maryland (2 hours away).
  • zghostzghost Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,
    Thanks for all the great info in this post. I'm finalizing a deal & picking up my new TL next week for $31,700 which includes the following:
    Blk/Blk 08 TL with Nav
    3M Clear Guard ($329 retail)
    All Season Mats ($149 Retail)
    Splash Guards ($229 Retail)
    Trunk Mat ($109 Retail)
    Doc Fee ($50)
    Destination Fee ($740)

I will need to pay in addition to the $31,700 the Tax and Lic fees. I was told that color combo makes a difference in the flexibility of the dealer in passing on more incentives however, Blk/Blk is in high demand. I could have gotten a better deal on diff color combo but I opted not to. I am located in MN with only 3 local dealers. I got a much better price in Chicago but it's 7.5 hrs of drive or $500 to get the car shipped!! So, is my local deal a good one? I'd like to hear your comments please and thx in advance.
  • needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    Can anyone comment on current offers for a base TL (no Nav) with destination/fees inthe Chicagoland area. Last month, I was seeing $28,200 +$150 doc. Now that the incentives have jumped up to $3,500 has this gotten any better? Thanks
  • lpnclpnc Member Posts: 9
    What is the dealership in S Maryland that you dealt with? Please share. Thx.
    Ipnc- Purchased from Rosenthal Acura in Gaithesburg MD via the internet manager. Cash deal. They still have a good inventory. Take your time and negotiate hard.
  • lpnclpnc Member Posts: 9
    scojay, really appreciate your tips. What's a deal you got! I sure will give it a shot? Did you test drive the TL-S?
    I did and if I was 25 years younger- would do it. For me the base TL gave me everything I needed. Keep in mind the longer you wait on the 08's the thinner the color selection will be.
  • metalblazemetalblaze Member Posts: 40
    Hi...I think this is a decent deal. Congratulations! I am in Rochester, MN and thinking about an '08 or '09 TL (once it is on sale)...I have not contacted any of the dealers yet...from where did you get yours? Bloomington Acura seems to have a lot of '08s in their inventory, but wasn't sure how aggressive they were w.r.t. pricing...any inputs?
  • stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    Finally got to pick up my 08 TL w/nav (red). Vehicle price listed for $36,940. Added pin stripe, trunk tray, matching color (red) door edge trim, and matching color (red) splash guards, and wheel locks.

Final price BEFORE tax, tags, DOC fee, and trade in----$29,998. Traded a 2006 Accord for $18,000. Received every thing that I ask, and them some.

It took over a month to receive my price. "Patience is a virtue."

The only down side is that supplies are limited. It's probably that way all over.

TL was purchase at Boardwalk Acura Pleasantville, NJ
  • bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    Anyone purchased an 08 TL in the Denver / Boulder / Colorado Springs area recently? I had intended to replace my 08 Accord with an 09 TL - but I really don't like the look of the 09 TLs. Plus, I think perhaps I can get a smok'n deal on the 08's and have a better car than my Accord. I love the size and look of my 08 Accord, but I hate the automatic transmission and the car is just too big for the thrifty 4-cyl engine I selected.

I'd appreciate any advise on dealerships and/or prices . . . .
  • roughyearroughyear Member Posts: 52
    i've gotten the same pricing from all the acura dealerships here in the baltimore/DC area.

they all want $27500 for the TL and $29999 for the TL w/Nav

you would think they'd want those cars off their lots with the '09s coming in this week.
    they all want $27500 for the TL and $29999 for the TL w/Nav

For real ? A 2008 ? My best quote is $28900 for the base TL no Nav

How are they doing that ? Why did you not buy
  • smlull163smlull163 Member Posts: 15
    I had been emailing an internet salesman about the 08 TL w/Nav. He sent me to a local dealership to drive the car. Wife and I did like it. Carbon Bronze with Caffe leather interior. We tried the Tl-S but the seats were just to tight and I though on long drives would not work so well. Anyway, I did buy, I should have gone back to house, and gotten quotes through Edmunds, I'm sure cheaper, anyway it was 32700 for the car after the discounts, it was 37238 for an MSRP. that did include some add on's. I will do the drive then ask for quotes next time, but wife liked the car that much. Dealer even let me have it for a overnight/day just to test drive. Ran solid, very comfortable. Though I'm 50, and probably could have done better had I held out, it did work for me.
    Scott, VB
    When I saw your post, I checked on your other postings.

You're all over this forum, doesn't matter which vehicle. You offer no buying experiences or prices paid.

Do you ever leave your home ?
  • uligianuligian Member Posts: 8
    Finalized my deal for a 2008 TL with Nav and all season floor mats. The final price was $30,350 which included everything except tax and title. It did include the $150 doc fee, $760 destination fee.

The entire process took 1 week thanks to help from this forum.
    Congratulations on your purchase! Who did you deal with? McGrath Acura? I am considering getting in touch with some of the Chicago area dealers soon -- any information will be appreciated. Thanks.
  • dllimiterdllimiter Member Posts: 1
    I just put my deposit down for a new 2008 TL Type-S for $33,325 out the door. Will be picking it up Saturday~ I did not opt for the low 0.9/2.9% financing. I'll be seeing what the number break down is Saturday.
  • livinlarge215livinlarge215 Member Posts: 4
    I'm in the market for a 2008 TL w/Nav and looking to use the special financing rates. I see some great deals posted on here, could everyone please indicate whether you took the special finance rates? This would help greatly in determining which deals were the best!

Regards,
    Johnny
  • c158c158 Member Posts: 1
    I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and am looking into purchasing an Acura. I would be using it for a daily driver. I am looking for the best price and car buying experince just like everyone else. I do have some questions about the vehicle..like...how do they hold up in daily traffic conditions, long trips and how is the general wear and tear on the vehilce? I have been loking into the BMW X5 but am concerned that the repair cost will depleat my bank when the warranty disappears. Any thoughts.....I need all the help I can get! Thank You for your time....
  • njspikernjspiker Member Posts: 18
    i am looking for a 2008 TL. i understand there is $3500 rebate on 2008 TL in sept. can anyone tell me acura rebate level for october? my current lease will be expired by the end of october. i am from central nj and saw something like $27,500 for the base model and $30K with Nav. model on this forum, is this realistic? really appreciate your help!

mr. car-man, can you offer your insight on the rebate level in october? thanks!
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    njnj - I spoke to a couple dealers in northern NJ recently and they said there is no need to offer larger rebates because inventory levels, particularly on non-navigation cars, are low.

Matt
    eights38@gmail.com
    NJNJ, since your from NJ, I would contact Boardwalk Acura. I purchase my red TL from them, and drove it home last Wednesday. I received everything that I ask, and then some. I contact other dealers in Pa, and NJ, and Boardwalk beat all of them. It took patience, but was well worth the wait. Most dealers are low in inventory. I believe Boardwalk had approximately 8 to 10 TL's on their lot.
  • uligianuligian Member Posts: 8
    I did the deal with McGrath of Westmont primarily due to their location. They were OK to deal with. Had the usual negotiation issues (Oh, I didn't know you meant doc fee included. Can we split the difference?)
    thanks, matt! i am not sure whether acura will keep its $3500 rebate the same for october if the inventory is low...
    stripe1 - thanks! what did you get? base or w/nav? hope you enjoy your new TL! do you mind share your deal with us? i am sure it's great one!
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    I would pay close attention to inventory also. The TL inventory at dealers is getting very low. So the probability of Acura increasing the incentive, IMHO, is low....

If I were you I will make a move now while I have some choices. It is anyway a depreciating asset... If incentive increase by, lets say $500.00.. Then you have traded a sparkling red with parchment interior WITH brown with vomit-yellow that no one wants for $500.00. Your call.

The new TL's design is very polar... that doesn't bode well for buyers of old TL
    NJNJ, go to posting #9586, which is my posting. My car is w/navigation. Boardwalk is not far from Atlantic City, right off the parkway. I had an 06 Accord as a trade, and I got my price of $18,000, for the trade. Blue Book gave a price of $17,300 for trade to dealer. Sticker price on window for TL w/nav was $36,940. I paid $29,998, which include color match splash guards, color match door edge trim, trunk tray, and wheel locks. DOC fee was $195.00, sales tax $840.00, registration $87.00. My sales tax was low because of the $18,000 trade for my car.

Good luck

Joe
    joe - thanks again! enjoy your new TL!
    sanjay - good point! thanks!
  • snmsnm Member Posts: 3
    Purchased a base TL last week for $27,500 (just add tax, title, license). I live in the Chicago area. Out the door price was ~$30,200. If you take the $3,500 rebate then you can't take advantage of the 2.9% APR.
    Congratulations! Would you mind telling from where did you get your car? I am interested in TL-S M/T, and seems like Ed Napelton Acura has quite a few left...any inputs? Thanks.
  • needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    Does the $27,500 include the $150 doc fee that the Chicago area dealer charge for paperwork?
  • 2008stype2008stype Member Posts: 41
    I bought a 08 Type S (autoP 4 months ago from Rizza in Chicago. I was happy with the deal
  • mkdorfmkdorf Member Posts: 10
    Hopefully someone can make me see thru the fog that is front of my face... I have a deal worked out on a new 2008 TL-S for $32,768 (does not include TTL) and a 2007 TL-S with 20K miles for $27,400 (does not include TTL). Carfax tells me that the 2007 was turned in on a lease. I've always bought new cars so buying a used one really scares me. I would really like to have the security of buying the new one (along with the full 4 year warranty). Opinions?
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    I would take 08 unless 07 is certified and includes 7yr/100K warrenty..and you keep car for long time
  • newcar12newcar12 Member Posts: 6
    This is from Sunnyvale Acura in Silicon Valley in San Francisco Bay area:

2008 TL w/ Navigation

CASH Price (after $3,500 cash-back incentive)
    $29,997.00

FINANCE Price (APR pricing)
    $33,497.00

Salesman says only additional fees are Tax & DMV fees.

From what I've read here, this pricing seems rock bottom. It's the starting price in our discussion, so I'm thinking I have wiggle room -- maybe not on price, but on add-ons.

The lot seemed packed with 08 TLs last week. Website lists 30 in stock today. Don't know if that's a lot or a little...

What say ye?
    I think this is a decent price. One of the dealers around Chicago area sent me an email asking is $29,500.00 plus tax, tilte, license plates and destination charge for a 2008 TL NAV. For me also, this was the starting price in our discussion - I haven't had a chance to haggle further either with the price and/or add-ons.....any thoughts? should I wait and see if there will be further incentives from Acura in October??
  • snmsnm Member Posts: 3
    I purchased mine from Muller's Woodfield Acura (dealt with Sebastian - nice guy, easy to deal with). Not sure on the availability of the Type-S at Muller's though.
  • newcar12newcar12 Member Posts: 6
    This A.M., I emailed all 6 Acura dealerships in Bay Area

1 told me it was a good price and I should take it.
    1 said he could beat it (I haven't called back yet).
    4 no reply yet.

1st guy didn't budge when I asked for extras (mats, tray trunk, etc.). So I may be looking at his bottom price.

I assume sales guys troll this site: Yo, Internet Sales Managers! If you're in the Bay Area, you got my email in your inbox. I want to pay cash & no trade in! Give me some love (or at least some floor mats).

I'll post how it is progressing. We're traveling from South Bay up to Sonoma this weekend, which means we will be driving past every Acura dealership within 100 miles.
  • vanbuyervanbuyer Member Posts: 33
    What prices have people been able to negotiate? Anyone have comment on which is the better deal, take the $3500 rebate or the .9% for 36 months or 2.99% for up to 60 months.

Has anyone compared this to the 2008 Accord V6 with NAV?

Thanks.
  • tenbelowtenbelow Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

Here is the information from my deal; hopefully it will help you in your negotiations to get your best deal.

Acura TL-S (no add ons) - negotiated price $32,194

Dealer Conveyance Fee - $399

DMV Fees $103

Net cost of car without trade in or tax = $32,696

Declined Dealer Profits include- Vin Etch, Extended Warranty and ResistAll Paint Protection (over priced insurance according to Google Searches).

Trade in - 03' Accord EX-L V6 - $10,500

Offered 5% financing interest rate on balance - declined will pay balance due in full upon pick up.

I emailed 6 dealers, 2 did not reply with pricing, 4 did - it took patience, patience, patience to get my price and colors - I recommend as others have to be patient and grab a deal while the selection is still good. The dealers were selling 08 TL's, not sure about the 09's as they were just released and I did not care for the styling and extra large size, but do like the new navigation 40 GB hard drive which is tied into the radio.

Hope this helps other's obtain a great deal on a TL and I appreciate the posting of others on the board which allowed me to stand firm on my offer of $3700 below "posted" invoice.
  • tenbelowtenbelow Member Posts: 8
    I opted to take the cash, due to having a trade in and no need to finance.

I think the decision to take the financing or the rebate is a personal one that has to be decided on a person by person basis - it would depend on the amount financed, the persons FICO score / credit rating, and so on... I'd be willing to bet if you do a google search on financing calculators you'll be able to run the numbers relevant to your situation and come up with the best decision of whether to take the financing or the rebate.

All the best,
    Mike