Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56

Comments

• brad701brad701 Member Posts: 20
    Badinfinity, we all thought you were long gone. Everyone here knows that you will say anything here to trash the QX56, and that is your sole agenda here. The rumor was that the brakes failed on your Escalade and you went off a cliff :) The FACTS that I related from other owners I spoke to and know were not hearsay. Is that your latest tactic, to claim that anytime anyone has a good experience with a QX56 it's hearsay? :-) I was in the market for a full size SUV, and I was relating the responses (both good and not so good) on the answers that I received when I asked people about their trucks. Granted my sample size was small, but if you read what I was told by other QX56 owners as well as take the time to read all the posts here you realize that most owners are reasonably happy with their QX's, although I will grant you they are not bulletproof...I don't think anyone ever claimed they were. But when I started asking Escalade owners about the experiences, they were uniformly negative. I'm not saying there are not happy Escalade owners (no doubt there are), but with the first hand experience I saw, there's no way I would take the risk of buying one. I've now had my '08 QX56 for 5 months/ 8k miles, and I've never even been back to the dealer once...no problems whatsoever. I will grant you that the Escalade costs more and is quieter, but how can you claim that it handles better? Have you not read any professional reviews one each truck? The other person asked why would anyone buy one, and suggested the Suburban as an alternative. In my case, based on past experiences with GM products (and moreso, the attitude of GM employees who try to run away and hide when they can't repair a vehicle) it's very unlikely I would buy another GM product. And when I started asking owners about their experiences with the Escalade, the writing was on the wall. And I think the tow ratings are some indication of just how sturdy the respective trucks are. Other than a 3/4 ton Suburban, no other GM SUV appeared to be up to my needs for heavy duty towing.
  • eagle34eagle34 Member Posts: 22
    Did I miss something or are you all comparing an Escalade to the QX. GM big iron,
    TahoeSuburbanYukonEscalade is old technology and doesn't even belong in the same neighborhood as the QX. Face it, Japanese autos are taking the big three to the cleaners right now and it's going to get worse. My QX is currently getting 15 mpg. No way a GM suv is getting any better than this. As far as cabin noise goes read the Caddy wind noise forums. I have owned many large GM vehicles in the past. They do not compare. Sloppy handling, terrible trannys, sickening trade value, poor service. I have two business associates with QXs that have been problem free as well. This is a great suv. Get over it. You are one of the few.
  • akbossakboss Member Posts: 10
    I think Mr.Badinifinty and I have something in common for our dislike of this vehicle, but let me pursue this a little further so as not to just be ignorant in my position. If you have a lot of money, you want to haul something heavy, and you want to do it in luxury, this vehicle is one of very few that can achieve this. Up until now, the "big iron" from GM was the big gun in this area, and for this writer is still the best (where's the QX56 hybrid! ha ha). Please, if you haven't ridden in a loaded '08 Suburban LT, don't say its not luxurious. But seriously, writers are boasting about 15mpg and 'good handling', this hurts my brain. Back to the part where you can get a Chev Suburban and still have enough left over for an Audi - you can haul all you want in this tried-and-true Chevy (my father-in-law's work 'burban, an '05, has done 155K miles in 2 yrs with only alternator replaced on warranty). Then if you want to understand what handling is, try on your new Audi. Honestly, no offense to QX56 owners...just think before you renew your next mortgage..I mean, lease, on a new Q. Oh, and I don't work for Chevy. I'm actually a Ford man! But lets not go there...
    Eagle, in an attempt to not be as one sided as our friend Badinfinity, I must ask you what you mean by "old technology", and also what's neccesarily wrong with old technology? You do have to give GM some credit...their build quality has improved markedly over the last 5 years. Have you actually driven one of their new SUV's. The driving experience really has noticably improved, although the QX is still the better handling vehicle. And although I'm very happy with my QX, I can't say the build quality matches the Hondas and Toyotas I've owned in the past...just trying to be fair and present both sides.
    Akboss, have you driven a QX? It's certainly not a sports car, but it's amazingly agile for something it's size. I've let about 10 friends drive mine, and they've all made the same comment. You mentioned you are a Ford man...there is a lot to like about the new Expeditions (sorry, I think the new Navigator is butt ugly, but that's subjective and my wife disagrees), and the handling is on a par with the QX...but when I drove it back to back with the QX, the QX has noticeably more low end torque, which is right where you need it in this type of vehicle. Actually when you compare the negotiated price of a QX to other luxury SUV's, it's reasonably priced. If you want to compare a Suburban, the more comparable vehicle is the Armada. Sure, the interior of a loaded Suburban is nice, but the interiors of the QX, Navigator, Denali, and Escalade are much more luxurious.
  • keg97keg97 Member Posts: 189
    You're not really comparing the handling of jumbo SUVs to an Audi (what model?)?
    Talk about apples and watermelons....

I'll also dispute that the Suburban even rivals the luxury in the QX. Have you sat in the '08 QX? My wife and I looked at practically everything in the class from Tahoe to Mercedes GL. While the Tahoe is very nice and a big improvement over the crap that GM put out before, there is no comparison to the QX. We even thought that the QX had more luxury toys than the Escalade. The Escalade has a beautiful exterior design, but lacked many of the toys that the QX has (HDD Nav, Bluetooth, keyless start, HDD stereo system, etc.). The Caddy does have cooled seats, but otherwise I can't think of one thing that the Caddy has but not the QX.

The Caddy is noticeably louder than the QX. Personally, I loved the throaty exhaust of the Caddy, but it would likely get tiresome over the long haul. Additionally, we looked at several Escalades at different dealers and most had fit/finish issues that we did not notice on the multiple QX's that we looked at. Finally, the Escalade/Tahoe/Denali/Suburban still have the live rear axle and no fold flat 3rd row. Talk about old technology!

We really wanted to like the Escalade, but the QX easily won out, not even considering the price difference. Other folks may have different priorities than us, but the finalist v. the QX was actually the brand new Sequoia.
    I agree with you completely on the Navigator....not attractive. The interior reminds me of an old Ford LTD....not exactly what I think of when I think of luxury. I did not even bother to take my wife to see the Navigator since it was so unattrative.

Finally....why do you let so many people drive your QX? :)
    Mine is only for my wife and I!!!! :shades:
    Where are GM hybrid owners going to be in 3 or 4 years when those batteries and electronics crap out and need replacing. Good luck with that. I seriously doubt that one of their hybrids would do too much better than the 15 mpg I get in real world conditions anyway. The Suburban is not a bad vehicle and I'm sure they have improved it greatly over the 99 I had. I drove a Denali before buying the QX and it was not even close. The interior is nice but it stops there. Old technology is that nav system and that live rear axle that prevents the fold away rear seats. Please understand I don't haul or use the Q for anything utilitarian. It is my wife's car used only for travel or out to dinner or to kid's ball games. I use my Tundra for hauling and my E55 for fun. No offense but I don't have a mortgage and have never had use for a Ford.
  • badinfinitybadinfinity Member Posts: 21
    Even though the Qx has 100 hp less than the Escalade, rattles and vibrates like a 40 yr. old VW and has a cheezy interior, the WORST feature is it's inability to stop. After 4 sets of warped rotors in 20,000 miles, and ABS FAILURE and VEHICLE SKID CONTROL that took control of the vehicle for no reason at all, Infinity offered to buy it back. You obviously haven't driven a new Escalade (probably don't want to pay the extra $15k), but there is no comparison. Look at the Edmonds reports and consumer reports on this piece of crap. Then check the book value on a 12 month old QX. Glad you like it. Hope the brakes are there when you need them. :lemon: :lemon:
    I would never put someone that I cared about in a QX56. Buy some life insurance.
    You can not think of ONE thing the Caddy has that the Q does not??

Ummmm.... let's see???

Oh, I know B R A K E S?
    That was funny! The part about going off a cliff. Actually I drive a Mercedes S550 which is o.k. I bought the Escalade for my girlfriend because we have a baby and I wanted something safe. My sole purpose is to WARN THE PUBLIC HOW DANGEROUS THESE VEHICLES ARE AND MAYBE SAVE A LIFE not to sell Escalades THESE BRAKE PROBLEMS ARE VERY REAL. When I first started this Nissan (& Infinity) were trying to ignore these problems. These brake failures are well documented with the Dept. of Highway Safety. There have been recalls, buybacks and lawsuits. I really don't care what you drive, as long as you know what your risks are. Do some research, there are many many web pages of these problems. :lemon:
    That's not true you forgot the Caddy also has overhead storage for Tupac's greatest hits cd and additional bins for gold crunk teeth. Yeaaaaah!
    Damn...now I know why my heels were all torn up after my QX test drive...having to stop Fred Flintstone style :P

The question has been asked, but have you even looked at the new '08 QX. There is no doubt that the '04/05's had some issues, but even Consumer Reports notes their dramatic improvement.

Personally, I love that the new GM SUVs come with an internal fireplace....you can't control when the fire starts, but hey...you can get it for those nice romantic getaways with your lady ;)
    Do me a favor...check edmunds.com and look at their depreciation rating for the Escalade and compare it to the QX. Look at the cost per mile. Actually, you may not want to look b/c your argument will be gone.

As an aside, I clearly describe that we test drove the Escalade several times....and we're still choosing the QX...and no it is not the 15K (actually more like 3-4K) since the Escalade is going for several grand below invoice while the QX is well above invoice.
    I'd like to point out something about this comment in specific by eagle34:

"Where are GM hybrid owners going to be in 3 or 4 years when those batteries and electronics crap out and need replacing."

I am personally in great support of the next stage of automotive development, for many reasons. In the interim period between the QX56 (which needs all of its towing ability to bring along an oil refinery) and 'emissions-free green energy', we have hybrids. While the technology isn't perfect, it is better than what we have. Speaking of 'old technology' in bashing the GM SUV's, consider that ALL vehicles not using a hybrid system are building on a motor that has been relatively unchanged since the late 1800's. Hybrid batteries are getting better, Toyota has had no significant battery system replacements in its Prius sedan, released to Japan in 1997. That's 10 years ago and its still purring! No moving parts? How is that unreliable! I'll send a post card when you're at the mechanics or the gas station.

I would be interested to hear what some others think about hybrid technology, in support or otherwise...would you buy a hybrid QX if it existed?
    We would strongly consider purchasing a hybrid QX. I would obviously do the math and see what kind of premium we're paying for the hybrid and try to figure out how long it would take to earn back that premium. Likely we'd pay a little extra premium to make the statement of going hybrid, but not much over a grand or 1500.

Also, I would NEVER buy a hybrid QX if they put all those nasty decals over the vehicle that GM is doing. I hate to bash GM, but even when they do something admirable, they whore it up to the point where it looks just like a two dollar prostitute. Very disappointing....
    I know I have bashed the GM products but actually have driven GM trucks from 85 to 07. Great trucks besides a couple of trannys and alternators. I usually get 100000 miles out them and trade up. I buy vehicles for specific purposes. I would never tow with an suv because I've always had trucks so my suv uses have always been travel and comfort. Wouldn't care if QX tow capacity was 500lb. I personally would not buy a large hybrid vehicle from GM. I would buy a small Toyota or Honda hybrid because I feel they have more development and real world time in this department. Why buy a Tahoe hybrid to get 20mpg when a 4runner or mdx will get you 19 or 20mpg without the added expense or growing pains of new technology. I still remember the old GM converted 6.2 conventional to diesel engine woes and the earlier cadillac V-8-6-4 deativated engines and have to think maybe this too is a band aid approach to better fuel economy with their hybrids. I do feel the automotive world is on the brink of some great strides in alternative energy sources but don't think GM will be the leader.
    loved the posting about the hybrid badging and totally agree. Enormous stickers and logos all over the truck are awful, and GM is the worst for this...the only thing telling you a Toyota is a hybrid is their little 'synergy drive' icon.
    Apparently the decals on the Escalade Hybrid are optional...mildly ironic to me since that is very much a "in your face" vehicle. Don't get me wrong...I love the styling of the Escalade. We seriously considered it but the lack of fold flat 3rd row was a fatal flaw. I'd have probably gotten 20's instead of 22's to tone it down some but we loved the exterior style.
  • linkybolinkybo Member Posts: 10
    I went from a BMW X5 to a QX and agile is not a word I would ever use to describe the QX. Of course, the QX is bigger, but just because it doesn't actually roll over when you turn a corner does not make it agile.
    I managed to keep that QX for 40k miles - until the warranty was nearly out. I knew I had to dump it at that point. The brakes and rotors had been replaced too many times to count, the back up camera went from being all static to a line of static through the middle, when I put it in reverse, the back window on the hatch popped open, the relays for the power windows kept needing replaced (which meant they sometimes broke with the window in the open position and would not close), when locking the vehicle from the key fob, the right passenger door wouldn't lock, it made scraping sounds when the a/c was on, there were rattles and creaks, the rear sonar beeped continuously when I put the truck in reverse, the sunroof came off track and wouldn't close, the navigation system needed replaced, and the rear hatch wouldn't open from the key fob. My Infinity dealer fixed all of these problems, sometimes more than once, and gave me a loaner car each time. Unfortunately, I have 4 children and they don't have a loaner QX, so my kids couldn't fit in the car they loaned me.
    I finally got tired of going to the dealer each month so I traded it in on an Escalade ESV. The Cadillac dealer didn't want the QX - they knew about all the problems. I got very little for my trade in but I was happy to leave that QX behind. I didn't even consider looking at the new QX but I can tell you I've had the Escalade for 7 months and all I've done is get the oil changed.
    Sounds like I wrote your review. I too had so many problems with my QX (which stands for "Quality NOT"!! My QX spent more time @ the dealership than it did in my driveway.

I also tried to trade in my QX @ the Lexus dealership on a LX470, but they had heard about the brake recalls and would not take it. I took a beatin and traded it on an 07 Escalade and have been happy ever since. The Escalade has never been to the dealership, only Walmart for routine oil changes! The Cadillac dealer who took my QX in trade had it sitting on their lot for 6 months and finally sold it @ an auction.

I keep forgeting that Infinity is just another word for Nissan, which has a long history of quality control problems. Since the early 1970's you could never compare a Nissan with a Toyota.

Engineering wise the QX is nothing more than a Nissan Titan with a topper on the back. This is the reason why your rotors kept failing. They did not compensate for the increased weight of the additional metal. Duh?

It will be interesting to see what Nissan replaces this outdated vehicle with.
    Sorry that both of you had problems with the QX. As mentioned numerous times, the 04/05 had issues. That issues sure appear to be a thing of the past. I'm not sure that I agree with you that "Nissan has a long history of quality control problems". Consumer Reports does not agree. I don't agree....I've had two Nissans that have both gone well past 100K with just normal maintenance. You probably also think that Toyota and Honda are "bulletproof" despite clear evidence otherwise that not all of their models are driven down the mountain by Moses.

At least the Escalade is built on it's own platform and not the Silverado/Tahoe's right? Exactly....economies of scale. All of these "luxury" vehicles are built upon their cheaper cousins.
    Tahoe<Denali<Escalade
    Land Cruiser<LX570
    Armada<QX56
    Expedition<Navigator
    Actually you would be correct if you said Escalades prior to 07's. The current Escalade shares only some of the sheet metal with the Tahoe. The Escalade's motor is a 6.2 litre Corvette motor that produces more horsepower & torque than any SUV built. The suspension and frame is also different. The ride, even though it has as stiff rear axle is far superior to any SUV except the Lexus LX.

As far as Nissan fixing the brake problems? They went to larger rotors, but not sure they fixed the ABS & Vehicle skid control problems. Even if they did, I would never trust my childrens life in a vehicle made by a company who brought such an unsafe vehicle to market without testing it first. Even when the dealerships all knew they had a problem, the factory acted like "what brake problem" Surely Mercedes, Toyota, even Ford would not do that.

Infinity had similar brake problems on one of the sedan lines recently.

I'm glad you like yours, but I would suggest checking the brakes with every oil change.
    So you're saying that the Cadillac is not on the same platform as the Silverado/Tahoe/Yukon? Are they not all on the GMT900 platform? The interiors are the exact same with the exception of nicer materials as you move up the $$$

Different engines- yes
    Different suspension settings- I would imagine.
    Same basic truck- yup

Sorry, but most of what you are stating as fact are merely opinions. And this is a person who looked hard at the Escalade and considered the Denali. I really wanted to like the Escalade and it does have some great qualities to it. But to say that it is not directly related to the Silverado/Tahoe/Yukon is a gross misstatement.

Car and Driver's Road Test of the Escalade in May 2006:
    Of course, Cadillac wants us to look past any perception of pandering to the 15-minutes-of-fame folks and look at vehicle virtues. Of which there are many &#151; for a vehicle of this type. The foundation, for example, is the new GMT900 full-size SUV and truck platform, a whole order of magnitude stiffer than its predecessor &#151; 49 percent improved in torsional rigidity, according to Cadillac.

Furthermore, Car and Driver compared several luxo SUVs in Oct 2006 and guess what. The 2006 QX beat the new 2007 Escalade. The QX was the top rated "true" SUV behind the Q7 and the GL450. That was the older QX with the crappy interior beating the brand new Escalade.

Thoughts?
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    There are many great full size SUVs on the market. Retrospectively the QX56 and Escalade have had there share of issues. Over the next few months it will be interesting to report any issues that people are having with the QX, escalade, and even seqouia. With many changes to all these vehicles, many old problems should be resolved. By the way, I have a QX56. We traded in the older model of the sequoia. Had a tahoe prior to the sequoia.
    Agreed! There are several great choices and no "perfect" choice.

Funny, but you mentioned our 3 of our 4 finalists- QX, new Sequoia, and the Escalade. The GL450 was the other.
    More proof positive that badinfinity has no clue what he's talking about! I know what his response will be...Nissan paid off Car & Driver to say that the Escalade is the same platform :-) So he was duped by the Caddy salesperson :-)...the same way he was duped by his Infiniti dealer's service department! And to say that Nissan has a long history of problems, oh brother :-) Everyone here is entitled to their opinion, and I respect that other people here may not agree with mine, but when I offer up something as possibly "fact", I'll always say "I think" or "I'm not sure, but". It's obvious that badinfinity's sole purpose here is to tell the world over and over about his bad experience with the QX. And when somebody here had the "audacity" to say they like their QX, he accuses them of being a Nissan employee. I, for one, am not going to let him hijack this thread, and I know many others here agree...
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Once an individual has a bad experience with a vehicle, I can understand the negative feedback. I was quite disappointed with quality issues with my tahoe including the dash melting and recurrent suspension problems. I saw the escalade at the local car show and was quite impressed when I sat in this vehicle. My problem was flashbacks to the tahoe. The new limited seqouia we test drove was also a great SUV, but concerned about a new model the first year out. When we compared adding the extras to the seqouia vs, standard features on the QX56, we chose the QX. I was concerned about prior problems with the QX, but only time will tell if all the issues are resolved.
    Have the feeling he won't be back.... :shades:
  • linkybolinkybo Member Posts: 10
    My QX sat on the Cadillac dealer's lot for about 5 months and then they also sold it at auction. Perhaps people looking for used QX's should check out the used car area at their local Cadillac dealership?
    I felt like I got ripped off when they offered me less than trade in on my QX, but I watched it languish on their lot and they eventually lowered the price to what they gave me for it. That made me feel better about the low trade in value - I'm sure they lost money on it.
    I'm back, , , My sole purpose was to warn people about the multiple cause (not just the rotors, but the ABS & VCS system) FAILURES. These are very real & very serious. They may have "rigged" the rotors, but I have not seen any recalls on the ABS. The internet is filled with storys. Just Google Infinity or Nissan brake problems.

You guys spend too much time reading Car & Driver and not enough time thinking for yourself. Try something simple like NO BRAKES = DEATH. :lemon:
    I had multiple dealers refuse to take mine in trade and it had only 30000 miles on it. The Lexus dealer even put me in touch with the Lemon Law people.
    Perhaps YOU need to do some research and "thinking" for yourself, since the Caddy salesperson hosed you big-time into thinking that the Escalade is on it's own platform :shades:

Try this.... Most Salespeople = Tell you whatever it takes to sell a vehicle :lemon:
    Perhaps your issue was that you were driving a speaker.
    Infinity = audio speakers
    Infiniti = automobiles
  • sjt708sjt708 Member Posts: 2
    I owned a 05 QX56 and needed new brakes after 4,000 miles. All the wood trim cracked and had to be replaced, it needed a new steering wheel (which they mounted incorrectly...that was a mess) it needed a new battery after two years. So, I traded it for a new 08 model...I love the QX56, it offers everything I am looking for in a truck and despite the problems I had with my 05..I really still felt that it was the perfect vehicle for me. I have noticed over the last 2 weeks (2,700 miles) that the gas guage has been a little fickle..it never goes all the way to full. I used to get 14 around town and 19 on hwy on the 05... I have been getting 11 around town and 12.5 on the hwy on the 08...is this strange?? Also yesterday I went from 1/4 tank to the guage being pinned to E with the light on in about 1 second, plus my auto liftgate would not open (I tried every method) and my second key fob wouldnt lock or unlock the doors. I was going to bring it in for service this morning, but when I went out to take it...everything is working fine. I even filled the tank and it went all the way to full. THis has not happened in weeks. Has this happened to anyone else?? Plus my husband swears he smells "battery fumes" occassionally (he is a diesel mechanic)...he assumed it may have been other cars on the road, but now we are not sure. :sick:
  • jgp2jgp2 Member Posts: 1
    You can visit the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) website, www.safercars.gov, to report brake-related safety issues.

You can also search defect investigations, view crash test results, etc.
    Anybody gotten a clear bra done? How much and for where?

I was quoted 520 for:
    Front bumper
    Headlights
    Foglights
    Door Edges
    Door "cups" (the area behind the handles)

It just seems a bit steep to me...
    TIA
    Picked up our new QX 4x4 yesterday....
    Tuscan Pearl/Wheat
    Tech Package
    DVD Package

So far so good....we had an excellent dealership experience w/Charles Barker Infiniti in VA Beach. I kept waiting for them to try to pull something and they never did. They did not even push any of the warranty/maintenance plans- they simply showed what we could get and offered to answer any questions. Big kudos for that!

The funniest part....they don't put those nasty dealership stickers on the car. I asked why (I HATE them) and the sales manager said quite simply, "Mr. Barker believes those stickers lack class and our customers agree wholeheartily. Our best advertising comes from good customers". Very true!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Wow, sounds like an enlightened dealer. Congrats!

And please and rate review your dealer too:

Dealer Ratings and Reviews
    No joke. They also have a Lexus and a Toyota dealership and they don't put decals on those vehicles either. Their loaner cars just have a little decal on the corner of the trunk highlighting them as a "Charles Barker Loaner Vehicle"...again better than my Acura dealer who puts a large banner across the rear windshield.
    Does anybody else with a lighter colored QX notice the tire gel getting all over your truck? I'm using the same tire gel that I use on my car and on our old truck and I've never had this problem before. I just washed the truck yesterday and my wife said that she noticed at work (12 mile trip) that there were a ton of black spots up and done both sides.
  • founderfounder Member Posts: 48
    I heard that the Armada was supposed to get redesign for 09 but I haven't seen anything official. I assume the QX will get the same treatment. This SUV has been out for a while now. If I'm not mistaken it came out like 4 or 5 years ago. While not the best looking SUV, it's a good price and gives you a lot of features. I had heard about all the problems the earlier models had, and my co worker got an 08 a couple months and he loves. I test drove one and I was impressed. I can list some complaints , but it's the same with all the SUVs I've looked at. I want to get one but my fear is Nissan is going to change the body soon, if not 09 then 10. Just want to hold off and see what's coming down the line. Just wandering if anyone heard anything?
  • shark715shark715 Member Posts: 382
    I would not think the QX and Armada will change much in '09 given the significant refreshing to them in '08.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Significant refreshing? Same engine, same cab and chassis. What has changed since 2004 that's considered significant?
  • shark715shark715 Member Posts: 382
    Obyone, the following article will answer your questions.
    http://www.edmunds.com/infiniti/qx56/2008/review.html
    the first place is one thing. Adding bling according to that article is another. However, the exterior looks the same and so is the drivetrain.

The top picture is a 2004 and the bottom is a 2008.

The 20's are an improvement though personally I think 22's are optimum for this size of suv. The front and rear sensors are also an improvement. The question is without reading about the changes are you really able to tell the difference between a 2004 and 2008? I'd bet most couldn't.

I believe the original poster was wondering when a complete makeover might be in the works. The revisions that Nissan put into the 2008 would have no problem carrying over in a new redesign. I would think new sheetmetal would be required in the next two years. However based on Q sales I'm not so certain Mr. Ghosn would agree to that
    I agree that little has changed with the exterior (although the front sensors are a great addition) but the big changes are with the interior. Look at a '04-'07 and then check out a '08. Literally, night and day. I think the new '08 Armada interior is way nicer than the older QX. Personally, I always thought that the QX interior was a joke (although when you compared it to the older Nav's, Escalades, etc. it was probably on par).

Add to the new features that came with the '08 QX (HDD Nav, Hard Drive Music Box, keyless start, new one piece roof rails, etc.) and I'd say that it was a "significant" refreshening. It earned our $$$$.

Also, I don't forsee a new QX until 2010 at the earliest.
    You mean you didn't buy that Sequoia? LOL!! ;)

I have a '02 Denali which needs upgrading. I waited for GM's GMT 900 platform Denali with the 6.2. I was ready to buy one after looking at several other makes. Then I took a real good look at the front facia and decided I really couldn't live with it. I like the Tahoe but somehow buying a Chevy didn't seem the same. I never thought of buying an Escalade for the same reason I don't like the Denali now which is those vertical headlights. Oh well...maybe in 2010 with a makeover.....

One thing for sure the Sequoia never entered the picture and have you seen the price on the new Lexus LX570?
    No...we passed. It is a great truck but we had no interest in the 20K interior w/the 60K price tag. :) It really has a great powertrain but we were more interested in the luxury qualities of a truck and the Sequoia is severely limited in that regard, despite what some of the diehard Toyota fans claim. :shades: