Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Yep, plus add the $99 processing fee (and add the same to other dealers' prices, if they charge a fee).

Good thing is MD limits such fees to $100, I believe.

-juice
  • leinlein Member Posts: 2
    Any luck on purchasing your forester yet? I am in the Market for one as well and I am in the Denver area too. I was just curious if you found any deals. Cars Direct and fitzmall look pretty interesting... right around 23,000 for an x premium. I also considered looking into costco's program, but havent done so yet. Any info you could share would be helpful!
    Thanks!!
  • zy1zy1 Member Posts: 31
    Not yet. We plan to buy a car in the Summer to replace my wife's 1992 car. But I didn't look for any deal right now. Carsdirect.com and fitzmall.com are good references. You also can find more ads on motoralley.com. According to carbuyingtips.com, you can calculate your target price(not for a hot car, such as CRV) by this formula:

target price=(invoice price–customer cash– manufacturer to dealer rebate–holdback)*(1.03 to 1.05)

Invoice price, customer cash and holdback can be easily found on edmunds.com. It is very difficult to find the manufacturer to dealer rebate. You can estimate the manufacturer to dealer rebate by the price of the advertisements from fitzmall.com or motoralley.com. Good luck.
  • birdnobirdno Member Posts: 1
    Also look at Stohlman Subaru on their internet specials http://www.stohlman.subaru.com/en_US/frm_index.chtml?pageName=MiscPage_3&noc=1&o- verrideUrl=f_MiscPage_3.chtml

I was given an internet quote for a 2007 Forester Premium Manual
    Sale Price: $22,005 (with all weather mats, cargo net and tray)
    Processing: $225
    Tax: $720.54 (VA)
    Tags: $51.50 (VA)
    Total: $23,002.04.
  • applauzapplauz Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much for the info!!! Im not sure actually whether we are going to get a used 06 or a new 07. I am thinking that we should probably go with an 07 but just wait until the rebates come out. I will check out motoralley.com thanks again for the info!!!!
  • kavoomkavoom Member Posts: 181
    I got my 07 Premium MT after everything in Oct for 21,964. I then sacrificed the 500 rebate for the 4.9% so 22,464. I believe I have seen (at a dealer) and AT go for just under 23K.
  • massdem68massdem68 Member Posts: 2
    Just got a great internet price on an 07 2.5X auto trans - 18800 del (no tax or title). Not bad since Ernie Boch has the New England market franchise, which bumps our MSRPs up by 200. If you do the calcs, Invoice-Customer cash (1500 on Xs)-Dealer Cash (800-1500) is about 18400. $400 seems fair for profit, $4000 under MSRP is OK by me!
  • jeffmcjeffmc Member Posts: 1,742
    If you get a great deal on a new '07, it's often hard to find a cheaper one-year-old used model... I'd probably go new, too. Plus, if you're financing, you may get better rates on new vs. used, and you'll have more warranty & better resale. This usually tips the scale in favor of buying new, if the prices are close between new & used.

PS... nice job, folks, on all the good Forester deals you've posted! :shades:
    I agree. Fitz has new ones for $19k, used for $17k with 20k miles, give or take.

But then the warranty is all used up. You could buy an extended warranty for $1400 or so, but then it's only $600 less than a brand new model!

With resale like that, just buy new.

-juice
    due to the sales decrease (Jan -18% and Feb -12%)

$1,000 Customer Finance Cash on 07 FORESTER 2.5 XT Limited models
    $1,000 Customer Finance Cash on 07 FORESTER Sports 2.5 XT models
    $2,000 Customer Finance Cash on 07 FORESTER 2.5 X models
    $1,000 Customer Finance Cash on 07 FORESTER 2.5 X Premium models
    $2,000 Customer Finance Cash on 07 FORESTER Sports 2.5 X models
    $1,000 Customer Finance Cash on 07 FORESTER 2.5 X L.L.Bean models
    No surprise...that's what the rebates were for MY2006.

-juice
  • mizumimizumi Member Posts: 5
    Around which months could you get both the rebate AND financing for MY2006? I'm hoping that they'll offer that around the same time this year.

Thanks in advance!
  • leinlein Member Posts: 2
    Where did you find this information? I did a search online and I dont see any rebates available. Do you know if its limited to certian states?
    For rebates:
    subaru.com -> shopping tools -> special offers -> zip code

For sales report:
    media.subaru.com/
    can also be viewed here, for all Subaru models:
    http://www.cars101.com/subaru/rebates.html
    I got an e-mail from Subaru reminding me of this... and for those of you who are present Subaru owners, always ask about any loyalty discounts. I slopped into one of those for 500 bucks. It happened the day I came in to close the deal and I was very pleasantly surprised.
  • sweetsilversweetsilver Member Posts: 3
    Is $22,800 a good price for the 2.5X Premium package?
    Automatic and no extras add at the port.
    I am planning on asking for $21,50o
    Yes the $1000 have already been taken off the price

Also when does Subaru end of the year sale start?
    Thanks
    That is exactly what I got my white 07 for in October from a dealer. I did turn over my (at the time) 500 rebate for the financing,so got the equivalent of the Fitz value price but since I had the loyalty discount I was fine... I figured the payment difference and it was 9 bucks a month...X 60 = 540...
  • j_phj_ph Member Posts: 19
    I'm just starting to look at a 2.5x automatic, and just discovered the deadline of 4/2 for the rebate/financing. Can I expect these deals to continue throughout the year or is this really an opportunity to jump on?

If Fitzmall is offering cars under 20k, do I assume that this doesn't include the rebate? Is it reasonable to try to get a 2.5x for under 20k locally (NJ) after rebate?

thanks! j
  • j_phj_ph Member Posts: 19
    Does anyone know what the Costc or AAA price is for a Forester 2.5x? $200 above invoice? thanks.
  • pattywattypattywatty Member Posts: 4
    I dont know about costco costs.
    But I got my 2007 2.5x auto. in long beach Ca and paid $21150. That is the out the door price.
    That includes taxes etc.
    That gives you an idea about what to expect to pay.
    Wow, Forester prices are a steal right now. :shades:
  • jimmyriversjimmyrivers Member Posts: 2
    I WAS AT RAMSEY SUBARU ON ROUTE 17 IN NEWJERSEY IM FROM NEWYORK. THEY OFFERED ME 500.00 UNDER INVOICE RIGHT OFF THE BAT HAD NOTHING TO HIDE THE EXPERIENCE WAS GREAT I WOULD SEND ALL OF YOU THERE IM POSITIVE THAT YOU WOULD HAVE A GREAT EXPERIENCE LIKE I DID. NO GAMES THEY REALLY TOOK CARE OF US EVERYONE IN THERE IS HAPPY AND A GREAT SELECTION OF NEW AND USED CARS. I LOVE MY FORESTER XT ONE OF THE FEW DEALERS TO HAVE THEM AND THEY HAVE 4 OR 5 OF THEM LIBERTY AND BILL KOLB DIDNT HAVE ANY. I WAS TOLD BY MANY TO GO TO THOSE DEALERS BUT WHEN I GOT TO LIBERTY THE PLACE WAS SMALL AND DIRTY, BILL KOLB WAS SCAM ARTISTS EVERYTHING WAS ADDITIONAL AND THEY TRY TO SELL SOME VIP PROGRAM THAT EVERYTHING IN CLUDED RAMSEY GIVES FOR FREE. WELL I HOPE I WAS SOME HELP TO YOU GUYS TAKE CARE.
    Mods, is this poster for real? Just joined today & has just this post, in ALL CAPS, replying to a message from 3-1/2 years ago. Never mentioned what the purchase price was, either, and never went into details about the vehicle. Apologies to the poster if this is not so, but this feels like a pitch from a salesperson, not a true personal experience.

BTW, Liberty shows 2 XT Limiteds and 2 Sports XTs in stock. Bill Kolb shows 1 XT Limited.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    A lot of our posters find us through a Google search... That will often bring up an old post..

We'll just gently remind them that typing in all CAPS is considered shouting in message board, and welcome them to the forums..

Just watch out for the black helicopters.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hey, you're really on the ball. Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    Just working for the man..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• crazedcommutercrazedcommuter Member Posts: 281
    I see the Forester now has cash back and 1.9% financing through Monday. Does anybody know how many months the 1.9% is? I'm curious whether it's progressivly higher for a longer loan term.
  • au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,356
    Been quoted a price of 25,988 for an LL Bean Forester. This includs the rebate. Good or no?

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

Soudns a little high to me, at least compared to what we can get here in the DC area. Check out fitzmall.com for comparison. I can't post a specific name but e-mail me if you want the name of the guy who sold us our Legacy.
  • au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,356
    Thanks for the confirmation. That's what I suspected as well. Basically it looks like the dealer just took the incentive and thats all he discounted the car by.

I think we'll wait and see if the incentves improve over the next few months. We're in no hurry.

I'm in the Atlanta area so its not exactly a hot bed of Subie activity. I think there is only 3 or 4 dealers in a 50-75 mile radius.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

>>Just working for the man.. <<

Just a fireman puttin out flames...
  • bzribeebzribee Member Posts: 27
    Hi,

Your e-mail is private (so is mine) but is there a way you could post the name of the dealership, or contact info (what ever is allowed on this site) as I think you got a good price and I'd like to look into buying from them. I"m in San Diego and not happy with the responses (or lack of) that I"ve gotten at the two dealerships I"ve been to. Thanks.
    >>"m in San Diego and not happy with the responses (or lack of) that I"ve gotten at the two dealerships I"ve been to. Thanks.<<

Road Trip! How far do you want to drive?
  • bzribeebzribee Member Posts: 27
    I love driving, so a few hundred miles is fine if it's for a great price. Long Beach is about 75 minutes from me, I think, depending on traffic.
    Well Kansas is kind of far but my dealer (Figgs Subaru) had a guy from Washington (state) buy an Outback, load it up with dealer installed stuff, and fly out to get it in Topeka and say he still came out ahead from buying it there... And he was looking forward to the drive back... Apparently he made a vacation out of it.

It was nice. I was in getting work done and saw it. I keep telling them they ought to do more internet marketing. They are cheaper on everything. They have had a few Coloradans do something similar... I know I got a great deal there, the second best I have seen including online deals...
  • pattywattypattywatty Member Posts: 4
    There are not that many subaru dealers in Calif so it is easy to see which one is in Long Beach. Go to subaru.com
    Also the one in Thousand oaks is another dealer that I almost got my car from because they were going to give me a good deal.
    But I live near Long Beach so I was tough with negiotations.
    I emailed 18 different dealers in Calif and asked for an OTD price and then called the ones that responded.
    Look on the sub. website and inventory for that model you want and get the vin number then email the dealer with that info and ask for the otd price.
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Is there marketing support on the Forester for April?
    Price is $1000 less (at Fitzmall) for 07 Forester Sports XT in April than it was in March. Cars101 shows the rebate for April on the Forester XT Sports as $1000 which is the same as March.

Fitzmall listed price-
    $23,928 Internet Price
    $27,822 MSRP
    $26,039 Invoice

I don't see how the price could be $1000 less this month unless the rebate of $1000 on Cars101 is incorrect or if there is marketing support.

Anyone know the answer? Edmunds has no incentive info. for Subaru at this time.

Would be buying in the Chicago region.
    I'd guess it's a factory-to-dealer incentive... probably $1200 bucks or so. They've used that amount on other vehicles recently... I think that's how much below invoice (before rebate) my Legacy was. Subaru can also run different rebates in different areas of the country - cars101 lists for the West - but it's probably a new incentive to the dealer that's making the price difference. Or perhaps the incentive was already there, but Fitzmall was keeping it when the Sports models were brand new to the market, and now they're digging into the incentive as demand has stabilized?
    Don't complain, go buy one! :D

Under $24k is unreal. I wish a small car would do the job for me, but we really need a bigger one. :(
    I saw someone on Forester.org get an XT Sport for 23,400 after all the rebates etc. I woulda paid that for one in a flash vs my Premium Package.
  • jefbakjefbak Member Posts: 19
    The forester.org site looks like just click add links... not real?
    kavoom must be referring to subaruforester.org
    >>subaruforester.org<<

Oops, thanks...
  • herheyherhey Member Posts: 8
    Just wanted to post the price I just paid at Manchester, NH Subaru for a 2007 Forester X Automatic:

Forester X automatic: $18235.00
    5 year/100K Gold Plus warranty: $850.00
    Doc Fee: $160.00

Total: $19,245.00
    Congrats.

I paid more than that for a base model 5 speed manual way back in 1998. :cry:
    Wow... nice job. Great warranty price, too. Congrats on your new ride!
  • herheyherhey Member Posts: 8
    Thanks. This is my first Subaru, got to test it out in a recent snow storm and it was great in about 6 inches of snow covered roads. Went better than my wife's '04 Grand Cherokee. I hope these prices will help those that might be in the market.