Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Impreza and Impreza WRX STI Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,827
    Subaru sells an STi short-shift kit that will tighten up your shifter... My base Impreza came with it (port-installed).. It's one of the best features of my car.. :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    But the GTI is slower and wrong wheel drive...

Congrats on the WRX. :shades:
  • 09 WRX Premium Sedan
    Satin White Pearl, Homelink, Armrest Extension, etc.

MSRP $28,705 - $4,750 discount = $23,955+TTL
    Also offered 0%-48 or 2.9%-72

Could I go lower? I know someone got a non-premium 09 WRX for $23,800 OTD back in Sept.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,693
    That seems like a great price! How much of that discount is manufacturer cash?

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• I know the GTI FWD aspect takes away from the car performing at its peak.
    But the high grade interior is nice to have on a daily basis.

On the dry streets of Los Angeles it may rain a 2-3 months out of the year and not very much.

For the few track events it will be benefit though, and too late to whine about it.
    Thanks!!!
  • I got to $25K +TTL so your deal is real good.
    I got offered 0% for up to 4 years and 2.9% for 60 or 72 months.
    Im on the 4 year plan.

Do it if thats the car you want.
    Seems like 5 door is more difficult to find.
  • Has anyone else had this experience, and found a solution to the problem? I am quite confused: the invoices as found on TrueCar, Edmunds, and KBB do not match, and by quite a bit. To make sure I was making the right comparison, I prized the 2010 Subaru Impreza, manual, 5 door (Hatchback), PREMIUM, with NO additional packages or options: the invoices still do not match: 19,040 (TrueCar); $18,354 (Edmunds); 18,818 (KBB) (these are all invoice prices that include the $695 delivery charge). Everywhere on the internet you find articles on how important (and possible) is to find the dealer's invoice, as a base for negotiation. You also read that the dealer's and your invoice must match exactly. Yet, the discrepancies between these three website - which are the three main ones - are so glaring to make these tools, at least for this car, useless. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • Anyone had any experience at Mid City Subaru of Chicago (Irving Park Road)?
    I am also interested to know what experiences people have had with having after-market stuff installed there?

I appreciate any input, thank you.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    The experience I've had with Mid City was awful. Nearly every car dealer stereotype was played out.
    If the dealership is convenient to you, and you know exactly what you are willing to pay before you go there, take a calculator to double check the figures, and let us know your evaluation of Mid City.

Their Better Business Bureau rating is A+ for what it's worth.
  • rumc3rumc3 Posts: 31
    You probably already have your car, since I'm just reading your post on 3/4/10.
    Consumer Reports says the "invoice price" today is more of a marketing tool than anything.
    CR says the most important factor is DEALER COST, and the INVOICE is NOT it!
    I'm not sure what the percentage of MSRP represents actual dealer cost, but I'd be surprised if it were much more than 82-83%.
  • jpmiller99jpmiller99 Posts: 50
    A dealer has a 2009 Impreza GT that I am interested in with an MSRP of 28.2K.
    Does anybody have any idea of what to pay for this car, or if there are any rebates available? I couldn't find any incentives for the 2009's, if they even exist now.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    edited June 2010
    Use fitzmall.com as a price reference, if you're in the MidAtlantic region.

I think Van Bortel is another no-haggle dealer, they're in the NY area.
  • verinoxverinox Posts: 12
    Just leased a 2010 Impreza 2.5 premium sedan (MSRP 19,200 or so) for 235/mo including tax (7.75% for cleveland) and with all fees and first months payment rolled into the price of the car. Pretty happy with the deal I got - a little out of my comfort zone monthly payment wise (wanted closer to 200) but for a car like the Impreza, I'm happy with the price.
    Congrats. The Premium package is a deal, too.
  • babyjet2babyjet2 Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Is $16,900 + tax/service fee a good price for a new 2010 Impreza 2.5i 5 door, automatic in the Midwest? The dealership is offering 1.9% for 36 months or less or 3.9% for 60 mo. Wondering if I should try to negotiate anything...

This discount is because the 2011 are out. Does that mean I should buy now? I can wait till early August but don't want to miss out on any good leads.
  • milemmilem Posts: 39
    Hi,
    Has anybody purchase an Impreza 2010 or 2011 Premium or base lately ?

I'm trying to know what is a good price ?
    Thanks
  • Hi. newbie here. Just traded in my 2008 CRV EX-L. I got the 2011 subaru WRX for $405 a month .

details: base WRX with center armrest, autodimming mirror, short throw shifter in WR blue color. MSRP of $26, 924.00.. they told I can get it by $25,052.00. + 2.9 % financing= $27,+++.00

payment: $405/mo.for 63 mos + $500.00= $26,015.00

They must have increased my trade-in value and they lowered the price of the car. (I think my price was lower than $700.00 from what they have offered)
  • dhamiltondhamilton Posts: 873
    If you think that Subaru dealers are making 16-17% on cars then I got a bridge to sell you. Only dealers making that kind of money are exotic guys, and every once in a while a used car that they stole on trade in.
    I was in the business for a long time, invoice is about 2-5% on a Subaru [most manufacturers]
  • sorry. direct to the point please...
  • This is the dealer's offer without haggling. How low can it go? Any help is appreciated. TIA.
  • We just purchased a 2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door Automatic for $16,800 then plus tax and DMV fees, chose the 2.9% financing instead of the promotional 1.9% (would have had a higher monthly payment). Very satisfied, beautiful car, first Subaru for us have always wanted one! cant wait to take some adventures with it. At the end of the year i think you get better deals too.
  • Sounds like you got a great deal. What was the MSRP of that vehicle?

Enjoy your new ride.
  • The MSRP on our Subie was $19,791.00 and that was also an automatic that we got! My husband was on the phone with 4 different subaru dealers in our area negotiating prices! ha ha!! thanks! we love our subie :)
  • logs1logs1 Posts: 10
    That seemds quite low, and there was no additional doc fee? You are saying you were ++ OTD? Was this a base model, Auto, AWD, hatchback?

I am trying to buy the same thing but am not yet near that pricing. I assume you had no trade.

Thanks
  • 2011 Impreza Outback Sport
    Automatic
    no add-ons
    36months 12k

Selling Price 19,500
    Money Factor = about 0.0025
    Residual = 64%

down payment = $500
    monthly = about $250 not including tax

good luck everyone, thanks carman for many years of help

If you use this forum please post up your numbers after the sale. Help people.
  • Would you please let me know which dealer or saleman you got the deal from? I am in need of a new car.

Thanks
  • just got a used 2010 subaru impreza 2.5i premium w/ all weather package for 19.6K out the door. hopefully that's a good enough deal... the car only had 10K miles on it... so still fairly new. bought it from van bortel subaru.
  • Here's what we just put a deposit down on:

2011 2.5i premium sedan with power moonroof value package. Auto.
    Armrest, side moldings, splash guards, spoiler. White.
    $19,600 out the door. Subaru of Manchester (NH). I have a purchase and sale that spells out that documentation, destination, dealer prep., full tank of gas, absolutely everything is in that price. All I have to pay is the state for plates, excise and sales tax, insurance to my insurer and my wife takes her princess home
    Consumer reports said cost including holdback on this car was $19837. MSRP was 21549.
    Dealers don't lose money, so there's something CR doesn't know.
    Cash, no trade. That is the only way to get the actual price. People who claim to get these cars for $16800 but had the dealer do the financing? So much can be hidden there. Why not use home equity and get the mortgage interest tax deduction?
    Salesperson said holdback was $800, CR said it ws $535. That would put his cost at $19572, still not sufficient profit. He said that those pricing services like Consumer Reports are inexact. $1949 off list. Quirk in MA says it does $1885, but I bet when you get there they tack on doc fees, etc..
    We had quotes from 5 dealers. This one was the best and no games. Yet. The car is in transit. The accessories are installed at the port, so we could get just what we wanted in the color we wanted, no more, no less.
    They had inventory not just in rows but filling the driving space between the rows. Some cars they'd have to move 10 other cars just to get out. I think they're motivated. They're close to having to rent out an extra lot, and that can't be free.
    Still, I wonder if with the model changeover later this year they'll be better deals with leftovers. Something to consider if you aren't in dire need.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,897
    If you live in a warm climate and recently bought a Subaru, a reporter wants to interview you. Please email pr@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, March 9, 2011 and provide your daytime contact information and a few words about your decision.

Thanks,

Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• sm5199sm5199 Posts: 4
    Hi Folks,

Here's the deal I recently made: (Car man-let me know what you think)

2011 Impreza 2.5i Premium
    all weather package
    spoiler
    moonroof package
    cargo mat (?)
    splash guards

MSRP $21403

sale price $18,767.23

residual value $14,334.39

money factor .00160

tax 8.75 % $567

acquisition fee $895

inspection,DMV,tire $97.50

This is for a 36 month lease. I will give them $1,500. I also have to pay $75 for registration.
    Monthly payment $180.

I did not find out where the $1,500 is being applied. I assume it will cover the tax and the acquisition fee.

The money factor and residual amount are numbers the dealer gave me.
    My credit score is 810, not sure if that affects anything.

Is the acquisition fee really that high? Seems a little outrageous to me.
    Well, let me know if you think this is a good deal or not and thanks for your help!

Susan