Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Outback Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fasttexfasttex Member Posts: 24
    Hyundai has come a long way from being known as a "Throwaway" car but the reliability and resale value have not changed since then. If you are only looking at the "Bells and Whistles" and the 100K warranty (which is not transferable), you have fallen for the gimmick marketing that has made them very successful. People that buy Subarus are not drawn by a cheap price as they can usually afford to buy whatever they want, they are drawn by value not gimmicks. Post another message when you try to trade it in five years and it is worth $245.00. I sell Subarus and we cringe when someone brings their Hyundai, Kia or Suzuki in to trade. There is no such thing as a Hyndai High Mileage Club as the generally don't last long enough. Used Hyndais are a dime a dozen, literally, try finding used Subarus !! :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    The SF design is dated, if you like that platform I'd actually recommend a Kia Sorento instead.

The Subie is a bit more upscale, but Kia offers a lot of bang for the buck. My brother was shopping and we drove an Optima and a Sportage. We both liked the Sportage better.

My brother wanted a manual trans, and that forces FWD, and base models only, so he ended up with a Forester Premium/AWP. Subaru lets you get a well equipped model and still keep the manual.

As mentioned above, Subaru resale is proven and very strong:

https://www.alg.com/deprratings.aspx

4-5 stars for Subaru, 2-3 stars for Kia. So don't be suckered in by the low price, you should calculate TCO instead, because depreciation is steep.

Odds are the Subaru will cost less to own in the long run, particularly a Forester, which is closer to a Santa Fe anyway.
  • gs329gs329 Member Posts: 1
    I am new to the forum and am in the negotiation stage of purchasing a 2011 Outback 3.6 with moonroof and navigation in NJ. Have done research with Consumer Reports and various other forums to get a reasonable idea of prices. However, after reading the forums, it seems as though prices are even lower than even suggested by Consumers Reports. For the 3.6 the dealer gave me a starting quote of $33, 600. Clearly this is way high, and I have not even countered yet. CR suggests a fair market price of $32,200. Is this reasonable or is there probably more room for negotiation? Also, the dealer suggested possibly foregoing the moonroof option and going with the 3.6 limited with a dealer installed Eclipse Nav. system. Any thoughts on that? Lastly, having not bought a new car in 12 years, what other charges do I need to be aware of besides tax, that will be added on to the purchase price and what is a standard amount for those in NJ? ( tags, title , etc?) Thanks for any feedback.
  • fendertweedfendertweed Member Posts: 98
    can't speak to the price per se but any factory-installed/ built-in NAV system is a waste of money and space IMO given the need for constant data updates.

I have no interest in any of them, a $250 portable GPS w/ bluetooth is fine. So I'd pass on the switch offered.
  • jdg9675jdg9675 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease an Outback (4cl Premium), but based on what people are putting in the thread it seems kind of expensive. Are the following better alternatives? (I live in Houston)

1. Dealer willing to sell Outback at $1000 below invoice.

2. Honda is advertising Pilot for $350/month for base model for 36 months, 12K miles per year, nothing down nothing for inception (bigger and more room - which are not big factors, but no AWD and not the best mileage).

3. Honda is advertising Odyssey for same as #2 price and terms.

4. Toyota Highlander also base model for $400/month 36 months, 12K per year.

To me a car is a car, just want something safe with reasonable mileage. Wife already has a minivan so #3 is not the best option, but can live with it if the deal is that good.

Your input is appreciated.
    They are overpriced, but at least Subaru offers an 8" screen and backup cam.
  • sandy12348sandy12348 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2011
    Hi, there :) ,

I am new here and planning to buy a new or Forester in Atlanta or nearby areas :D .

Can anyone here provide any useful information on this (price and dealer name) :confuse: ?

I don't know if Subaru has any referal program. If not, I would like to show my thankfulness in other ways (like providing a dinner?) :confuse: .

Thanks in advance. :P

Sandy
  • red927red927 Member Posts: 118
    edited May 2011
    The motor vehicle (registration, plates) fees would be about $315. This would be for 4 years so you don't have to worry until 2015. The other fees that the dealer will probably charge is a documentation (paperwork) fee. This can vary in cost. Lately I have seen them range from $99 to $250, depending on the dealer. This fee is usually pre-printed on the order form. They are unlikely to waive this fee, so try for an extra discount on the purchase price. There will also be a $7.50 charge for tires mandated by the state of New Jersey. Any charges for prep or destination are already included so do not pay extra for these.
  • pilot1226pilot1226 Member Posts: 166
    edited May 2011
    We recently purchased a 2011 Outback from a dealership in Central Jersey. I shopped by e-mail for all dealerships within a 100 mile radius.

We were trying to keep the cost down so we actually weren't interested in the Moonroof, but it was very difficult (especially after the earthquake) to find one that had the darker interior (only available with 3 colors) and no moonroof.

The dealership I purchased at offers a lifetime warranty on the engine, transmission, and differentials and free oil changes for the first year. Unfortunately, we live about 60 miles north of this dealership and if I get my car serviced elsewhere, it voids my lifetime warranty (obviously, I don't void the regular warranties that come with the vehicle per federal law).

The car came with several options I wasn't really interested in, like the Rear Chrome Trim, or the Moonroof Air Deflector, but with the 2011 Model Year coming to an end and the earthquake putting stress on the existing supply, we felt it would be best to purchase rather than hold out. Especially because of the 1.9% financing.

Sticker Price inlcuding the options is $31,819 according to TrueCar.

Options: Power Moonroof, Rear Dimming Rearview Mirror w/ Backup Camera, Body Side Moulding, Rear Cargo Net, All Weather Mats Front & Rear, Moonroof Air Deflector, Rear Bumper Cover, Rear Chrome Garnish, Splash Guards.

We purchased it for $28,710, plus a $189 "window etch transfer fee" (which I'm sure is a ripoff, but my insurance company takes more than this off over the life of the car via discounts) plus sales tax (7%) of just about $2,025. State Tire Fee of $7.50 and 4-year registration and specialized license plate fee of $454.00, and lastly a Documentation Fee of $229

Total amount financed was $31,617. We chose not to place a down payment at all, nor trade in, because of the low APR. As a result, we have a high (but expected) payment for 36 months. I think we end up spending around $850 in total interest over the life of the loan, but we felt it would be better to keep our hypothetical down payment in our bank account, earn interest, and end up in actuality only paying around $400 in interest when all is said and done.

That being said, the dealership was very friendly and approachable. They appeared to be honest and trustworthy. I would purchase from this dealership again. The hardest decision is deciding whether I want to pay an inflated price for Subaru Dealer Service to maintain the lifetime warranty, or if I want to bring it to my new favorite independent mechanic which is a lot closer to my home.

As for the car itself, it drives great, and I enjoy it a lot more than my 2009 Legacy Limited (which is what my wife has been driving since `08) The CVT took me a few days to get used to because I expected "shift shock" at certain points and I had to get over the fact that I wouldn't over-rev the engine if I mashed it down.

The only things I miss on the 2011 are the "E/T Timer" which is often seen on that same LCD panel as your fuel mileage, distance to empty, and temperature multifunction screen... and there's no temperature gauge. There's a blue LED that illuminates and extinguishes when the engine is cold, and it turns red if it's too hot. The seat warmers aren't 5 different positions like the Legacy's, you only have low or high. I like the idea of the Outback's "Auto" light sensor, where the lights come on automatically, but I got flipped off a few times going under some overpasses because people thought I was flashing my lights at them to drive faster. :P

All in all a great ride, a satisfying purchase for our little one on the way, and we're looking forward to taking care of this car for a majority of the next decade. I think I may be hooked on Subaru for life!

Edit:

I forgot to mention that this was a demo. They had the possibility of bringing in the exact car we'd gone to the dealership to purchase via flatbed from Pennsylvania, but that car was also a demo. The car had 2,200 miles on it, and was given to the Service Manager. I wasn't sure I would be interested in a demo because of the abuse that typical test-drive cars go through, but it seemed like a good deal. Time will tell.

The average paid for this car, with options, was $30,310 excluding Taxes and Fees, according to TrueCar, so essentially we saved $1600. This equates to about 73 cents per mile driven while it was a demo. Documentation I found on the internet (had my Blackberry with me while I was at the dealership) showed that the majority of dealers pay between 25 and 40 cents per mile.

The first offer that they presented to us was somewhere between the typical 25 and 40 cent value, which wasn't surprising, so we countered with $1 per mile, prepared to accept anything above 70 cents a mile.

Again, was a little weird getting a demo, but I'll be sure to update as time goes on. Until then, car rides like a dream.
  • gr26gr26 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the detailed post. Enjoy. We pick our new 2.5i Limited w/moon on Saturday. For one year registration in NH I think we'll pay more than your 4-year rate...but not sales tax. :)
  • yazyazooyazyazoo Member Posts: 20
    Sounds like you got a great deal. Was it a 3.6 Limited?
    edited May 2011
    No, it was the 2.5i. We own a Legacy 2.5i and were pretty happy with the power and fuel economy. The main reason we didn't consider the 3.6 was primarily the additional cost and decreased fuel economy. Today's 4-cylinders are drastically different from the ones in the 90's and even early 00's if it's been a while since you've driven them. In my experience in the last month of ownership with the Outback, and the last 3 years with my Legacy, I just don't need that kind of power.

If I had a trailer or was driving up steep hills or things of the sort, I could potentially see a use in the 6-cylinder.

Be cautious shopping for any Limited trim because the moonroof and other options are considered extras.

By the way, I have exceeded the window sticker in mileage: I am pushing 34+ mpg on highway using Cruise Control. City is around 25 mpg.
  • ajrosenajrosen Member Posts: 10
    I just test drove the Outback 2.5i (automatic) and I was pretty impressed. However, the pricing I was being offered was a lot less impressive - the premium with AWP was sticker $27,377, and they would only take $500 off. Edmunds TMV is $25,336. I'm seeing a TMV and reports of people getting the Limited for about this sticker price! I'm seriously considering this car, but am I just not negotiating well, or is there no more room for haggling since the disasters in Japan? For $27,600 (TMV for the Limited), I'd buy. May even take the moonroof if it's only $1000 more.

FYI - this is in Buffalo, NY.

Thanks for the help!
  • fendertweedfendertweed Member Posts: 98
    everything I've read indicates that supply is going down or will ... parts pipeline is slowed down ... ?

seems logical/possible even if Subaru Japan manufacturing facilities themselves are not damaged/affected by the quake/tsunami/meltdown ...
  • ajrosenajrosen Member Posts: 10
    Well, I pick up my 2.5i Limited on Monday. Ended up getting it for $26,600 with the AWP. Not a great price (only $600 off MSRP) but the best I could do. The only other dealership near me wasn't bargaining much either, but they didn't have the color/options I was looking for. I had found a $1600 price break if I bought it in Cleveland, but they didn't have the NY emissions. That would have cost only $300 more, but they didn't have any, couldn't find any nearby they could trade for, and with supply being limited who knows when they would have gotten it. I could have saved $300 but I would have driven almost 2 hours away. In the end, I needed a car, liked the Outback, and didn't see any better pricing coming my way in the near future. I'm just hoping I didn't really get burned.

Looking forward to Monday!
  • duke2003duke2003 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am new to the world of Subarus and have decided to purchase a 2011 Subaru Outback Premium with all weather package, PZEV, CVT - I am also looking to have a hitch installed in addition to the following extras: body side molding, rear seat back cargo net, rear bumper cover, splash guards, all-weather mats, and wheel locks. The best internet pricing I have gotten is at Southern States in Raleigh at $27,281 out the door price incl taxes and fees ($25,993 before taxes). He also threw in 2yr/24k free maintenance at any Subaru dealership in the nation (I am moving to MA in the next few months).

Has anyone recently bought a similar car? If so, where did you get your deal?

Does anyone think this is a good/bad deal?

I also am trying to decide whether I should trade in my 07 Honda Accord EX-L or private party sell it. If anyone got a great trade-in on their vehicle, I would also like to know.

Looking forward to hearing back! Thank you, in advance, for your help!
  • wingnutjobwingnutjob Member Posts: 2
    There is no comparison to a Subaru for the ride quality. We did drive the Sante Fe and then the OutBack. We bought the OB and could not be happier.
  • wingnutjobwingnutjob Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Bought a 2011 limited with the 3.6 motor. LOve the car so far and it is really quiet! We got the caramel brown and a moonroof but no NAV since most agree it is a waste. I cannot believe how frigin comfortable the seats are! I live in Texas and the AC cools the vehicle almost instantly. Love the Harmon Kardan stereo. A bit disappointed in no memory for the seats since the wife and I use the OB a lot. This vehicle really turns heads.
  • red927red927 Member Posts: 118
    I leased a very similar (except for the rear garnish) Outback in Central NJ around the same time as you did using TrueCar. The cost of the car was approximately $28,800 including the $199 doc fee and the window etching thrown in. The car was new but had 228 miles since it was swapped from Maryland. I used World Subaru in Tinton Falls and they were extremely accomodating. What dealer did you use?

I recently drove to Albany, NY and got close to 33 mpg @ 70 mph. I am very pleased with the car. I replaced a 09 Forester and there is no comparison between the 2 cars. The Outback is much quieter and rides better. The mpg doesn't compare. The CVT does take a little getting used to, but I do not notice any difference now.
  • wlblakeshawwlblakeshaw Member Posts: 1
    We recently bought a 2011 Outback 2.5i Premium 6-sp manual. It came with the All-weather package, power moon roof package and the Harman-Kardon audio package. We were surprised to find those packages with a 6-speed manual transmission (considering our dealer only had *2* Outbacks on their lot). We ended up paying $500 below invoice for a total of $26K. Still getting used to it, but so far I like it, but my wife has problems with the comfort quality and it's a bit louder than her previous car (a Volvo, so no surprise there).
  • boatskigolf1boatskigolf1 Member Posts: 7
    I am looking to buy an Outback Limited 3.6R. I am hoping to get any info on Subaru buying experiences here in Massachusetts. The dealers closest to me are:
    Village Sabaru, Acton, MA
    Patrick Subaru, Shrewsbury MA
    Metro West Subaru, Natick MA
    but I also do not mind buying from anyone within about an hour of these places if it is worth it.

Where I buy the car and where I have it serviced, really does not have to be the same place as far as I am concerned.

One thing I am looking to find out is what is the Administration/Document fee at any of these (or other) Massachusetts dealers. These fees are mostly profit to the dealer and I would prefer to know the numbers since it is just another piece of the negotiation. We have the abilty to use the VIP program (2% under invoice), but I am sure any other these other fees will be added after that and if there is variation amongst dealers, then it may help me chose where to go.

Anyway any info regarding buying expereiences and prices in Massachusetts/New England would be appreciated. Also I have read about NE Surabru and the Ernie Bach factor, did others find the NE subaru invoiuce to be higher? (~$360) Seesm like just about the 1% distributor "tax" that seems to be mentioned with NE Subaru.
    So any help on Admin/doc fees, invoice prices above "standard" would much appreciated. I am familiar with all the other necessary costs of title fees, registration fees, destination fees, but the Admin/Doc fees seem to vary.

Thanks and hope to be an Outback owner soon. (might wait for 2012 if they come in Setember)
  • fishshtickfishshtick Member Posts: 5
    Picked up our base 2.5i today in Bangor, ME. Had a great experience, in part because my dad is friends with a dealer in NH who quoted me essentially invoice at $23890 out the door. I took my wife to test drive here in Bangor and when she finished I told the guy about our other quote and he didn't even hesitate, because he knew the NH dealer. Indeed, he got us a deal at $23640 plus tax out the door (we would have had to pay tax in Maine, even if we bought in NH). That's a couple hundred undred invoice (maybe more if you take into account that NE invoices tend to be higher than Edmunds listing, and about $400 under TMV. We also got the 2.9% interest rate, with out fees through Subaru/Chase, which is very competitive relative to local CUs and banks (all running around 4-5%). I have never recommended a car salesman before, but if you are in the Bangor area, I really recommend you track down Lou Martin at Quirk's Subaru. It really was a no hassel process, and I bet the experience would be similar for others who show up with some numbers to work with. If you go into the place to buy a car cold...well...I couldn't really say.
  • fishshtickfishshtick Member Posts: 5
    Forgot to mention it is the CVT automatic base 2.5i, not the manual shift.
    Congrats, you beat TMV by a nice margin, too.
  • worldlyworldly Member Posts: 23
    I'd appreciate your subjective impression of the ride quality of your Outback, compared to the Hyundai Santa Fe. My choices have boiled down to four vehicles, including the Outback.

Given that I already own a 2008 Hyundai Elantra, and I couldn't be more satisfied with the Hyundai product (in general), and the $500 (or so) credit I would get via the Hyundai Loyalty Program, I'm leaning toward the Santa Fe.

However, I haven't made a final decision, and before I test drive the Outback, I'd like to hear other members' impressions of the Outback's ride quality compared to its competitors.

In advance, THANKS!
  • cathyv1cathyv1 Member Posts: 4
    I test drove the 4 cylinder Santa Fe and the 4 cylinder Outback. I felt the Santa Fe was much louder and slower with the getting up and going. I test drove both on a wet day, and the Santa Fe’s wheels spun a few times before getting traction, where the outback held to the road without any hesitation! We have driven the Outback in an ice storm and it was handled amazingly well. I think the inside of the Santa Fe was more luxurious, but safety first in my world. I am very happy with our Outback!
  • krisedm1krisedm1 Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up a 2011 Subaru Outback Premium with the Hardmon kardon system, Moonroof and I think AWP. Also came with the USB media hub.

I told the dealer I'd pay 92% of MSRP, which matched what I was seeing as a good deal according to truecar.com - basically this was just under dealer invoice. So I got the deal but I broke down and ended up buying the 7-year extended warranty and 3 year service plan.

Happy happy joy joy!
    kris :)
    Cool...Subaru Gold?

Nice thing is you get roadside assistance the whole time, i.e. 7 years' worth.
  • krisedm1krisedm1 Member Posts: 2
    Not sure if its gold? The pamphlets indicate there are two levels but the offer they gave me only listed one. I'll have to check with the dealer!
    Congrats, BTW.
  • atherton86atherton86 Member Posts: 2
    I need some help in understanding and using the TMV in buying a Subaru Outback. When negotiating with a dealer here in New England, I got tripped up and confused when a salesperson told me the dealer's invoice was higher than the national figures available on Edmunds.com (because there is a single independent distributor in New England for all dealers). He said the TMV that I offered was LOWER than his invoice cost and had a sheet for the model that supported this. Yet, the Edmunds' site says the TMV reflects what is happening regionally. What am I not understanding?
    Not surprising, TMV is not selling the car. TMV is just a guide for the consumer, not the dealership. Subaru is one of the most transparent of the manufacturers in regards to the cost of a vehicle. There are no real "hidden" incentives as there are with most manufacturers and the markup is very aggressive. Right now it is a supply and demand situation. Demand is much higher than supply but will get much better in the coming months.
  • atherton86atherton86 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response. That's helpful and reassuring. I thought the TMV was a "reasonably current" figure reflecting what is happening regionally modified by some mathematical formula. Wouldn't the TMV take into account the higher dealer invoice costs as well as current market conditions?
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,789
    I think it is based on model year, so the "current conditions" may not factor in as strongly, but yes, it should take into consideration the added Subaru of NE fee. In the end, the dealer will say what they think they can get away with saying to convince you to line his pockets. If you don't think the car is worth that, walk away.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    What is "Reasonable Profit" on a car? 10%, 5%, 2%, 0%? Or is something that dealers don't deserve? After all they just want to "line their pockets". :confuse: :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
  • amigirlamigirl Member Posts: 2
    hey guys, thanks for all the helpful chatter here - I only learned of this forum when I started getting serious about buying our first outback. I did make some mistakes in the process though (such as - i told them i was paying cash before settling on a price, not waiting until the end of the month, ...), so i'm just wondering how I did!

we got the 2.5i Premium, with AWP, Bluetooth, auto-dimming mirror with compass and homelink, all-weather floor mats, and rear bumper cover, for $25,420 ($28170 out the door). This is below what TMV and TrueCar are giving me for our area, but I wonder if I could have gotten an even better deal! thanks :)
    No such thing, supply and demand determines price, not what is or isn't reasonable. ;)

I'd say I'm a darn nice customer and they should deliver the car for free, though. LOL
    I'm sure, given the right situation, one can always get "a better deal." The question is whether you think you received a good car for the amount you paid. Sounds like, in price alone, you did reasonably well.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • bfisher240bfisher240 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a similar subaru outback limited, but the 2.5i and am looking at the same dealerships. would love to know what you have found. I'm hoping to buy within the next week or so. I'm getting the impression the 2012 cars are a bit in the future, but i may be wrong.
  • hao_madisonhao_madison Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, I talked with a local Subaru dealer (Wisconsin) today and he offered me a price of $26583, so with TTL it's ~$28000 OTD. It's a 2011 Outback 2.5 premium CVT with All-weather package and power moonroof (option package 06). The salesman is a nice guy who is very helpful, but I don't know whether this deal is good enough. If anyone can help me with that, I will be greatly grateful.
    edited August 2011
    Pine Belt in Brick/Lakewood, NJ. Was probably the most satisfied I've been purchasing any vehicle. Environment was friendly, staff knew what they were talking about.
  • dezideroodezideroo Member Posts: 1
    I am considering buying a 2011 Outback 3.6 and test drove the car yesterday. I did notice that the engine noise when idle (on the outside) is noisy, but when inside you don't hear it. Has any of you noticed that ? I have a Honda and do not hear such loud noise when in idle mode.
    edited August 2011
    Boxer engines do have a characteristic growl. Thankfully it's well insulated.

I think if you compare noise at cruising speeds, though, the Honda will seem to have more road noise. I rented an Accord sedan and boy was it loud (I'm used to a Toyota Sienna minivan).

So Honda is the opposite - quieter engine, but not as well insulated.
    Also, in addition to the engine configuration, the PZEV vehicles tend to have more engine noise on start-up as a result of their programming. Once they warm up and the engine goes into "open loop," it is much quieter. I don't know exactly why that is, but it sure warms up fast compared to non-PZEV!
    They probably idle higher to get the catalysts up to operating temps. Makes sense to me.
  • mark76mark76 Member Posts: 15
    After much research I purchased a 2011 dark grey Outback 3.6R limited with moon roof/backup camera pkg, all-weather floor mats and splash guards in the Milwaukee, WI area. It was exactly what I wanted with no superfluous or dubious value dealer installed options. The dealer's initial offer was an utterly insulting price of invoice, no promotional financing and a low ball price for my Impreza trade in. I ultimately got it for $500 UNDER Invoice, top dollar for my trade (according to KBB pricing), and best market rate financing of 2.64%/48mo. I was extremely pleased with the deal in the end! If they thought they'd make money on the back end of the deal with me...nope! I declined the paint protector. I declined the leather protector. I declined the extended warranty packages. I even refused the "True Coat" for you Fargo fans out there!:) Just me and my new Subie!

Pluses: Power/room/seats/comfort/stereo/sight lines (wow a car that you don't feel claustrophobic in!)/ground clearance/continuous AWD as almost everyone else with the exception of Audi offer only on demand or partial AWD. Engine is torquey! It comes on early for snappy around town slugging. Reminds me of an old school V8. Love that boxer engine growl when you open it up! It's relatively quick due to the low curb weight. Most vehicles in this class are 500-1000lbs heavier. overall MPG is 25-26 in 70/30 hwy/city mix, which I find pretty good all things considered. Not commonly advertised is the fact that the 3.6R has the most sophisticated AWD system Subaru offers. Subaru actually offer three systems. viscous coupling 50/50 front/rear torque split for manual, electronic torque management for CVT that is 90/10 front/rear torque split (arguably the "least AWD" of the three systems), and finally the 3.6R system (and Tribecca's) that is 55/45 torque split rear/front for a performance bias. All systems will adjust torque to wheels where/when needed.

Minuses: Handing is average. Not as engaging to drive as my 2009 Impreza was. Load capacity is only a car-like 900lbs! This is not an SUV in load capacity. Towing with the 3.6 is a respectable 3000lbs (if you have trailer brakes) though.
    Congrats. Indeed, it's an AWD system that would make a european luxury sedan prowd.
  • mark76mark76 Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2011
    Did you buy yet? Based on my experience you could get as low as $500 under invoice. Maybe even better! Be careful to know the value of your trade-in car if you have one. Arm yourself with pricing data from Edmunds, Kelly Blue Book, etc. Know what the best interest rates are. Refuse any of the dealer add-on like paint protectant, glass etching extended warranty, etc. They will try to make you feel "guilty" for not purchasing that stuff. Paint nowadays universally has a clear coat and so with regular waxing there is no need for "paint protectant". Glass etching for theft? Isn't that why we all have auto insurance? Extended warranty? For a Subaru? They are among the most reliable cars on the road. Good luck!
    Note also that an extended warranty from Subaru can be purchased at any time during the 3/36 warranty period, not just from the purchasing dealer and not just at the time of purchase.
  • stoonstoon Member Posts: 4
    Hi - could you tell me what the term of the 2.9% loan was pls. We're trying to buy one this weekend. Thank you. Darren